The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 PM   #161
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
This would be disturbing but I see it from this point of view: You can't possibly tell me that you're not glad to see that there's only two 'ordinary' villagers dead & not our hunter & our seer or something like that. That's what I'm assuming Oddwen was talking about.
I suppose, but at first glance her statement did look rather heartless. But I guess I can't really hold that against her.

Quote:
Right now I'm thinking that either Elf-Warrior & Lhuna are wolves (unlikely), Elf-Warrior is the seer & used his dream on Lhuna (unlikely), or perhaps Elf-Warrior & Lhuna are our Sherrifs. I'd be curious on everyone else's thoughts on that...
I'm leaning toward Elf-Warrior being a wolf more then a Sherrif, but I'm not really all that sure. I'm flip-flopping on him. I'm not so sure about Lhuna. Her post just made me think she was a harmless lunatic. I'd like to see what she has to say today.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:32 PM   #162
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
I don't really have time to comment and it's late. I probably won't be on again for the rest of the DAY. Thus I'll vote now for ++Durelin. Her plan for having a consensus about who the Seer should dream about makes it hard for the Seer to reveal that person's true identity without blowing his or her cover. Which is exactly what a wolf would want.

Quote:
"Live with wolves howl like a wolf."
Quote:
Almost as if he's making a saying up to support Lhuna because there's no other evidence.
That is an actual saying from the land of my ancestors. *Howls at the waning gibbous moon.*

I would like to clarify the reasons for my vote yesterday. I didn't realize that The guy was just joking about Feanor. It seemed to me that he was calling for the death of likely innocents. Nobody else seemed very suspicious, and I decided against bandwagoning against Nilp, so I voted for him.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 PM   #163
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay I've reread everything all at once looking for behavior patterns/changes that are characteristic of wolves. I have some findings that I would like to share. Now I feel confident in my findings and I'm very certain that I am at least 50% correct.

TGWBS--We ought not accuse him of being a blacksmith anylonger. His shop is a cobblers shop. He could be a wolf playing the cobbler but I think he's the cobbler. No sense in killing him until we don't know a wolf. But this would explain his weird and somewhat suspicious behavior. He's being a bit erradic

Durelin--I feel most confident that she is a wolf. In post 12, 15, and 93 (bottom line on 93) she attempts to distance herself from wolves. A bit too obvious if you ask me. In post 78 she wants the gifted to essentially expose themselves but gives up when no interest is shown. Post 84 basically says she'll vote for me because of a knee-jerk reaction and in post 93 she tries to quell that idea and say I'm a random pick. I strongly believe her to be a wolf.

Encaitare--Post 54 a wolfish tatic. Attempts to disassociate even being familar with Firefoot's name. A subtle attempt at showing innocence. Post 100 suggests that Eomer/Mormegil/Kitanna are the wolf trio. I know I am innocent, am fairly certain that Eomer is innocent, and Kitanna is neutral right now. When somebody is suspicious of three people I believe innocent it is an indicator to me. Post 159 her reaction to my accusation is telling. I believe as innocents we should be willing to die if needed. Those who only defend themselves appear lupine to me and this is what Encai has been doing. I'm somewhere around 60% certain she is a wolf too.

Now my third wolf is tricky and I have little certainty but I would say it's either Oddwen or Wilwarin. But my certainty is nominal at best.

Spawn--In rereading I am more convinced of her innocence than I was previously and more convinced of Oddwen's guilt.

There is my list. Unless something changes I probably will vote Durelin. Although I would like to hear much more from Oromin and Lhuna.

PS this village is a bit too blood thirsty...not even letting an executioner do his proper job. Well I'll have you know I've sharpened my axe and hope it finds Durelin's and Encai's neck soon.

Edit: Cross post with Elf-warrior but it looks like I have some support for Durelin.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #164
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oromin
As far as I see it, the only reason the wolves got Fea was because she said something that scared them.
Want to hear two options more?

Option number 1) The wolves thought Fea's the Seer (as TGWBS suggested)

Option number 2) Fea's suspicions were way off the track and the wolves killed her so that nothing could point them out.

I'm still suspicious of Durelin, too.

I'll post more later.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:06 AM   #165
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril Half moon?

*laughs at the goings-on*

What drove (some of) you to fall for Nilp's act, swallowing hook, line, and sinker? He was obviously innocent, at least to me.

And killing Fea...I do think it is a strange strategy the werewolves have come up with. Who would think of eliminating someone who gathers suspicion? But then again, maybe she was too confusing that the werewolves themselves were nearly confused with their own identities.

Werewolf 1: Look, Fea's suspicious.
Werewolf 2: Uh-huh. The villagers might think she's a werewolf.
Werewolf 3: Right. Let's kill her.

*laughs like a Lhunatic* But for your info, I was fairly certain of her innocence.

Before I begin my litany, I would like to explain the difference between suspicion and accusation. Suspicion says, "I think ____ is a werewolf. But I'm not really sure." Accusation says, "____ is, no doubt, a werewolf. Lynch him/her!" Got that? *laughs yet again*

Now, the usual.

Enca, lmp, Kitanna, Saurreg, Oromin, Kath, spawn, Estel, and morm are far from the arrows as of now. But everyone should be carefully watched in times like this. Notice that I did not associate the word innocent with them.

tgwbs is acting rather wolfish to me. But he is too wolfish. He might be a cobbler. If he is, he's doing a not-too-good job of hiding it, which, I believe, is actually the point of the role. Worth watching for a few more Days.

Eomer sees no reason to suspect tgwbs, and is very vocal about it. That somehow causes me to suspect him. I don't know why. Should I know why?

The E-w *laughs at the funny nickname* somehow managed to latch himself onto me by defending me. That leads me to think that he might be a werewolf trying to associate himself with an innocent, because I, as Kitanna said, am a harmless Lhunatic.

Durelin is quite noisy, but not exactly a loudmouth. That gathers questioning looks like my stuffed harp seal gathers dust.

Oddwen manages to dodge suspicions.

wilwa is either a confused newbie (I can identify with that) or a confused werewolf.

Lhuna is suspected due to too little substance and too much howling, and is about to howl for the sake of tradition.

*howls like a...wolf???*

At this time I am most likely to vote for Durelin for reasons already said by others. In fact, I might type her name in bold with two plus signs any time soon.

*howls again, for uniformity's sake*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-28-2005 at 02:27 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:24 AM   #166
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

++DURELIN

I am rarely, if ever, one to repeat what has been said. Take that how you will.

*hoooowls*
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:53 AM   #167
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Confustigate it!

I was thinking that Morm was making some good sense, and thought I might vote for Durelin, but now it would be bandwagoning, and I hate bandwagoning!

Allow me to consult my star records and see what I may determine thereby.

Currently, the heavens seem to suggest that the following are innocent:
Kath, Morm, Saur, Estel. Not a long list.

The following seem neutral to me: Spawn, Eomer, Oddwen, Oromin, Wilwa.

The following seem wolfish: Durelin, Elf-warrior, Kitanna, Guy.

This was just from reading over posts in general, and concentrating on some of the more analytical posts. I grant you that this is far from scientific, but the skies have been rather cloudy these last few nights, truth be told.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:54 AM   #168
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ok a look over what has been going on:

Nilp's death was unfortunate but at least he was not a gifted innocent seems to be the major consensus here, whereas as to me the thought should be, oh no we've killed an innocent, lets look at who voted for him! I can't believe that everyone who voted for him believed that he was a wolf, his act was just too obvious.

So:
Nilp - voted for himself but since we know he is an innocent we'll just have to agree that he's insane

TGWBS - voted for Nilp because he wanted the confusing loudmouths out of the way. As a wolf the death of Fea would fit with this way of thinking except that this might be just a little over obvious. So either this is a double bluff or he's hoping the obviousness will keep him from suspicion.

Saurreg - we have heard little from him but in his posts I can find nothing to suggest being a wolf. More will be needed to clear him but I have no suspicions towards him at the moment.

Fea - we know is innocent.

Kitanna - to be honest I think she voted for Nilp because he was ahead in votes and she didn't want to go for anyone else, perhaps for fear that if Nilp was a wolf she would be suspected for not voting for him.

Encai - I am not sure of her at all. I will watch her quite closely and make a decision later.

As for people who did not vote for Nilp:
Oddwen - again not sure on her, will need more posts.
Elf-warrior - I don't really suspect.
LMP - confuses me.
Mormegil - for once I think him innocent.
Durelin - seems to be the new suspect of the village and I can't say that I disagree.
Wilwarin - no idea, but probably innocent.
Dancing Spawn - I think likely to be innocent.
Oromin - maybe a wolf.
TORE - no t sure.
Eomer - I should say innocent.
Lhuna - the howling might be a Fea like idea, staying in the open to avoid suspicion.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #169
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
The following seem wolfish: Durelin, Elf-warrior, Kitanna, Guy.
I agree. They are exactly the four most suspicious person to me, too. Mormegil may be right about TGWBS being the cobbler, though.

I'm beginning to find Kitanna even more suspicious than Durelin. Kitanna doesn't post very much and it seems that she's just being a fly on the wall. A fly with sharp claws, mind you.

About her voting for Nilp:

Kitanna disengaged herself from all responsibility and possible consequences by saying that her vote is random. When it'd turn out that Nilp's innocent, she could just say:"Bad luck, eh? But don't blame me, I could have voted for anybody."

She jumped on the Nilp bandwagon although, according to her own words, she thought that he wasn't guilty!

When Kitanna voted, she said:
Quote:
It seems that Nilp is headed for the ax anyway.
At his point four people out of eighteen had voted for Nilp and there were still twelve votes yet to cast.

Kitanna was suspicious of TGWBS for "silly and pointless reasons". Hmm... Later in her post #155 Kitanna defends TGWBS quite much but in the end she says that she's somewhat suspicious of him, anyway. To me this seems like an obligatory move:"I'm suspicious of one of my wolf colleagues so no-one's going to catch us."
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 AM   #170
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Blacksmith am I!

Cobbler? Moi? Nay, 'tis clearly the Lhunatic, in my mind anyway.

More thoughts a little later, plus an analysis of Feanor's later posts.

Please explain any "erraticism" you see in my posts and thoughts... *coughmormegilcough*
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 AM   #171
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Please explain any "erraticism" you see in my posts and thoughts... *coughmormegilcough*
You see I don't think it needs any explaining. The consensus believe that you are acting rather odd. Therefore I am not overly concerned with explaining in detail all of you oddities. Rather I would say that you should not be our prime target but would always be a good secondary target. Perhaps we can change his ways and bring him back into the mainstream of the village by finding some way for him to enjoy life.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:14 AM   #172
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Encaitare--Post 54 a wolfish tatic. Attempts to disassociate even being familar with Firefoot's name. A subtle attempt at showing innocence.
That was an in-character comment -- if you recall the "cast list," my title in the village is the wandering gypsy who's happened to be passing through.

Quote:
Post 100 suggests that Eomer/Mormegil/Kitanna are the wolf trio. I know I am innocent, am fairly certain that Eomer is innocent, and Kitanna is neutral right now. When somebody is suspicious of three people I believe innocent it is an indicator to me.
That was early in the game, and at the time it seemed logical to me. Remember that I was not the one who devised that theory, but the late Feanor.

Quote:
Post 159 her reaction to my accusation is telling. I believe as innocents we should be willing to die if needed. Those who only defend themselves appear lupine to me and this is what Encai has been doing. I'm somewhere around 60% certain she is a wolf too.
I act this way because every small hint of defending or accusing someone is blown out of proportion in this game. In the last game I played I defended someone and everyone got susupicious and thought we were in cahoots when we were, in fact, not. Besides, if I were a wolf I would obviously be trying to defend my fellow wolves.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:15 AM   #173
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Double post but different subjects. Now having Lhuna post again makes me wonder about her. I don't believe her to be a wolf but her behavior is one that is consistent with a wolf trying to hide in the open. That could make her the cobbler or a wolf though I believe her to be neither. I believe simply that she is touched in the head and we villagers should find her some professional help.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #174
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I had forgotten all about the cobbler. And I have no real idea how to incorporate him/her into my thoughts.

Actually, I'm ever so slightly worried. DAY 2 hasn't been as helpful as I thought it might be. I think we'll have one more round of 'voting in the dark'.

It seems Durelin is getting a mighty share of attention. Her behaviour is a little bit suspicious but I have a feeling she might be only a confused lass trying to help.

My thoughts are still very much focused on Oddwen, Elf-Warrior and littlemanpoet. I expect one of those three to be a wolf, because of their voting for tgwbs.

I am also thinking that the wolves would have had no need to vote for Nilp (whom they knew to be innocent) because Nilp would have received votes anyhow. So why would the wolves incriminate themselves by adding their names to a doomed innocent? Any thoughts on that? It might suggest that the others who voted for Nilp are also innocent (or it might show that the wolves aren't thinking too deeply on this matter, unlike me ).

The no-voters trouble me slightly too. Voting makes this, um, event more interesting. Kath and Oromin have explained their RL difficulties. However, Lhuna decided not to bother voting because she 'had nothing to go on'. Well, no-one else had anything much to go on either. In fact, you had barely anything to go on in your voting today but you still did it. No voting seems like a quiet wolf strategy more than anything. There was another no-voter but I can't remember who it was; I'll go and look it up now and then EDIT this post.

So.....stay tuned!

EDIT: No! Everyone else voted. So, though it crushes me to say this, Lhunardawen is near the top of my list.

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 07-28-2005 at 07:28 AM.
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #175
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

So... I am expected to defend myself, and not informed of the accusations? Harsh village...

*Continues to "be odd" as he wills*
Old 07-28-2005, 08:01 AM   #176
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by lmp:
Quote:
I was thinking that Morm was making some good sense, and thought I might vote for Durelin, but now it would be bandwagoning, and I hate bandwagoning!
Well, there is a huge difference between bandwagoning even though you suspect the villager to be innocent & adding your vote to the tally of a villager you suspect to be guilty.

Posted by Morm (on tgwbs:
Quote:
His shop is a cobblers shop. He could be a wolf playing the cobbler but I think he's the cobbler. No sense in killing him until we don't know a wolf. But this would explain his weird and somewhat suspicious behavior. He's being a bit erradic
Posted by Lhuna (on tgwbs:
Quote:
He might be a cobbler. If he is, he's doing a not-too-good job of hiding it, which, I believe, is actually the point of the role
That is a possibility, although I don't agree with Lhuna's summary of the role. I think the cobbler is supposed to be doing his best to confuse us, not just hide - remember wolves + cobbler= number of villagers does not mean the wolves win. And tgwbs is definitly not trying to hide very hard...

Posted by Morm:
Quote:
Now having Lhuna post again makes me wonder about her. I don't believe her to be a wolf but her behavior is one that is consistent with a wolf trying to hide in the open. That could make her the cobbler or a wolf though I believe her to be neither
Lhuna I almost suspect more of being the cobbler than tgwbs or anyone else right now. She posts, not often enough to give us much to go on but she does post so that we won't lynch her on account of not posting. She acts as suspicious as she can without being to suspicious. This leaves us in the same spot as Nilp did, is she acting wolfish or is she wolfish? I would think this would be exactly what the cobbler would want us to be doing - having half of our attention on herself and half of our attention on the wolves.

While I am suspicious of Durelin it's more of a watch-&-see suspicion, I'm inclined to think like Eomer, she may be only a confused lass trying to help.

Kitanna is also on my watch list, along with morm, tgwbs, lmp, & Oromin. I'm not sure yet who I will vote for, like Eomer says, this round has not been as helpful as I was hoping.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:04 AM   #177
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
So... I am expected to defend myself, and not informed of the accusations? Harsh village...

*Continues to "be odd" as he wills*
There's nothing to defend as of yet. I am not voting for you and I don't suspect you will be lynched today. Therefore your future behavior will speak more to me than any defense could.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #178
Mischievous Candle

Just a side note: Oromin has posted twice and we have many other silent residents in our Village, too. It would be really nice to hear some of their thoughts before I cast my vote.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:40 AM   #179
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Durelin--I feel most confident that she is a wolf. In post 12, 15, and 93 (bottom line on 93) she attempts to distance herself from wolves. A bit too obvious if you ask me. In post 78 she wants the gifted to essentially expose themselves but gives up when no interest is shown. Post 84 basically says she'll vote for me because of a knee-jerk reaction and in post 93 she tries to quell that idea and say I'm a random pick. I strongly believe her to be a wolf.
I suppose that makes sense. I might possibly vote for Durelin. I'll need to hear more before I can be really sure about anyone.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:41 AM   #180
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
Just a side note: Oromin has posted twice and we have many other silent residents in our Village, too. It would be really nice to hear some of their thoughts before I cast my vote.
I agree that I would like to hear from Oromin, Lhuna and Oddwen more. Oddwen has only posted 4 times I believe and I hate to formulate death plans based solely on that.

However I have decided to vote.

++Durelin

While I cannot gaurantee my certainty, I do feel fairly confident that she's a wolf. If that is proven to be true it should be well known that I am innocent. If that's the case I would ask the seer to dream of Encai if you haven't already. Knowing TGWBS and Lhuna's identity would make things less confusing as well. However if I am proven innocent then I would ask that the Guardian consider protecting me tonight. I may be wrong in my vote, however I truly don't believe that I am.

LMP I agree with TORE that it's not bandwagonning if you truly believe the person to be guilty.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:51 AM   #181
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

It looks like Durelin will die today. Fair enough, there are other villagers I'd rather keep alive because I am more certain of their innocence. Estel, for example, seems highly likely to be innocent. However, there are others I'd rather see go before Durelin.

I think I will be voting for Oddwen again, though it seems like I have no support for this plan. She doesn't seem right at all to me. But I can afford to hold my vote for just now.

(Morm, you are right about access to the discussion. I have the luxury of being able to speak pretty much whenever I want to! )
Old 07-28-2005, 08:57 AM   #182
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh dear...no wonder I didn't get a good sleep during my nap...

I've told you repeatedly who I am in my posts. You just have yet to notice.

I can only say that I am not a wolf...and to start at the beginning.

I've spelled it out for you several times....

Quote:
Post 84 basically says she'll vote for me because of a knee-jerk reaction and in post 93 she tries to quell that idea and say I'm a random pick. I strongly believe her to be a wolf.
Is that what I did? Wow, reading a lot into that, aren't you, Morm? I had no idea who to vote for...thus I picked you because you picked on me.

And, my absences are due to where I live...which is unfortunate. I'm here at the start of discussion, when there's no way to pinpoint if anyone's *suspicious*...and so I wait until I return after my sleep (one needs there sleep to think straight, too...), and then I look. Besides, what's wrong with not pointing at people and saying they're guilty when it's only Day 2? I'm horribly afraid of lynching yet another innocent person. It'll do too much harm to our numbers.

I guess I have been drawing attention to myself. Wasn't what I meant to do, but...what's done is done.

But your focus on me is a waste of time, I'm afraid. You're going to bring the innocent numbers down even more by lynching me. You just have to trust me.

Last edited by Durelin; 07-28-2005 at 09:06 AM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:06 AM   #183
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Oh dear...no wonder I didn't get a good sleep during my nap...

I've told you repeatedly who I am in my posts. You just have yet to notice.

I can only say that I am not a wolf...and to start at the beginning.

I've spelled it out for you several times....

A claim and either seership or the guardian. A bold move. It could either be a werewolf attempting to not get us to vote for her for a gifted saying you are idiots wake up and don't vote for me. I'm truthfully a bit concerned about this now. My vote is cast but I would like others to evaluate. Gifted villagers, at times, have a tendency to act strangely suspicious. I hope this is not the case.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:11 AM   #184
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quickly popping in

If I am not told which part of my behaviour falls under the category of "erratic," what's the point of mentioning it? Other than possibly making me suspect you.

Anywho, quickly popping in. Durelin and Wilwarin are innocent, as is Eomer most likely. I'm not yet sure of any wolves, but I feel I'm closing in on them.

I would like to direct attention to Kath. She says she is suspicious of me, starting the ball rolling so to speak, yet doesn't vote (for whatever reason).

I'll also need to inspect others, of course, but I have a couple of hours to do so.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #185
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Gifted villagers, at times, have a tendency to act strangely suspicious.
I must say I wouldn't be as loud if I wasn't innocent...I'd be trying to keep under the radar as much as possible. Or at least, a little more quiet than I have been.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #186
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Ok, I've re-read the thread. Unless there's a dramatic swing, Durelin will die today. She has votes and it looks like there will be more coming. Plus, there is no real concensus as to who else is a likely wolf.

Like I say I still think Durelin's a difficult pick. My heart tells me that she's a bit of a bumbling innocent who has been made a scapegoat after some pretty tame posts. Regardless, there are other villagers who I deem more likely to be innocent, thus I'm not too upset about trying Durelin. That Seer comment is still making me think.

One villager I've not really spoken about yet is Kitanna. She is probably somewhere in the middle of my list. She is attracting suspicion because she voted for Nilp despite believing that he was probably innocent. I can see why some (notably littlemanpoet) are concerned about this. She's probably about level with Durelin in my book. I don't want to vote for either.

Another interesting thing about Kitanna is that she is the only villager so far (I think) who seems to be listening to me about Oddwen. Does everyone else think I'm crazy? Hopefully I can get her and some others to take action in this direction tomorrow.

I really think it is worthwhile tapping into the group of people who voted for tgwbs on DAY 1. I'm sure there is a wolf in among them. Oddwen is still my first pick.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #187
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It looks like TGWBS and Durelin are getting the most attention. And I find it hard for me to vote for either. Though I feel they might be wolves, a bigger part of me is saying they are gifted and should be spared. If I were more certain about them I might cast my vote, but I can't do that when I feel one may be the seer or a shiriff or something.

Earlier I mentioned Oddwen, Elf-Warrior, and lmp as suspects.
I'm pretty sure lmp is innocent. I keep flip-flopping on Elf-Warrior.
So I think I will cast my vote for Oddwen.

Yesterday I did not think much of her, but then as I went back today I found my suspicions rising. It wasn't so much that she voted for TGWBS, but that two others followed her. Which is also why I'm watching Elf-Warrior closer.

++ Oddwen
Old 07-28-2005, 09:32 AM   #188
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Ah! There's Kitanna, thinking along the same lines as me, I see. Why do I predict a new style of lynch mob tomorrow.

If I ever find out that Durelin is a wolf then I will be kicking myself very hard, but I just have a feeling that she's not one of the furry beasts, and like Morm mentioned, she is even boldly suggesting that she is a gifted villager. In that case, she won't last very long anyway!

Let me cause some trouble and get the village to really think about what they're doing.

++ODDWEN

Take it from here, me cherubs.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:32 AM   #189
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I think Spawn's been jumping at everyone else's words of me a bit too much. It was very strange the first time she voted for me, as she had not previously mentioned me at all. Still, that was a Day 1 vote, and thus...well, random.

And concerning my suggestion for the Seer and Guardian plan thing... It is risky, giving any hints as to who the gifted villagers are, but, in the end, it saves lives. Rather than us blindly lynching random people, we're taking a more cautious approach that can tell us more about who might be a wolf and who is probably innocent. It lowers the likelyhood of us lynching an innocent person, especially as the Days go by and we have more to go on. And thus, even if the wolves figure out who is a gifted villager...rather than both an innocent and even a giften villager getting lynched and getting killed by the wolves, there is only one innocent life taken. For the latter is a garuntee, whether they're gifted or not.

It's not at all fool proof, but it's something. And that's what I think we need.

Oddwen seems to be getting a lot of attention, too. Her lack of posting, her voting habits, and what others have pointed out about her makes me think. She could be like me, pinpointed for blame that she doesn't share, but... I don't like people who hide under the radar just enough to get by...and she seems to be doing that, to me at least. Others do as well, but I can't help but agree with Eomer and Kitanna, or at least with much of what they say.

EDIT: I'm afraid I must be off very shortly for a while, and so I will say this:

I think...

Eomer is the Seer.
Oddwen, Dancing Spawn, and Wilwa are the wolves.
Morm might be the Guardian...I don't know.
Lhuna might be the cobbler.

And so, I will vote ++Oddwen.

I hope this proves true...

Last edited by Durelin; 07-28-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #190
Mischievous Candle

Here are the votes thus far:

Durelin
Elf-warrior
Lhuna
morm

Oddwen
Kitanna
Eomer
Durelin

Quote:
It was very strange the first time she voted for me, as she had not previously mentioned me at all. Still, that was a Day 1 vote, and thus...well, random.
Do you want me to explane that vote or would you like to believe that it was completely random? I'm just asking because I might vote for you again today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Another interesting thing about Kitanna is that she is the only villager so far (I think) who seems to be listening to me about Oddwen. Does everyone else think I'm crazy? Hopefully I can get her and some others to take action in this direction tomorrow.
Very well, I'll go back and re-read Oddwen's posts though I must say that I'm probably voting for Durelin or Kitanna.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:56 AM   #191
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

It might be nice if you could explain that, Spawn, yes.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #192
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Eomer how you feel about Durelin is how I feel about Oddwen. I find her suspicous but not enough to want to vote for her. I am glad that she is garnering suspicion though. Kitanna sits about where Oddwen does in my book.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 AM   #193
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

The choice now is between Oddwen and Durelin. I cannot believe Durelin to be guilty, so it will have to be

++Oddwen.

After all, her name means Odd-woman. Seems wolvish to me.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 AM   #194
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eom
Kitanna doesn't sit well with me. I think you are most likely innocent, Eomer, misguided though you be. But she who follows in your footsteps ain't no well-wisher to this village, and unless something changes within the next hour or so I'll probably be voting for her.

But are you two in cahoots? Is she your follower because of the allure of danger and fur and death? Is Kitanna the cobbler? Or is Kitanna a wolf following the lead of the cobbler and going to claim innocence of that later?!? Dun dun dunnnn!

Don't vote for me, you'll be sorry and it'll do no good.

Quote:
Oddwen seems to be getting a lot of attention, too.
It's lonely here at the top.

Quote:
And concerning my suggestion for the Seer and Guardian plan thing... It is risky, giving any hints as to who the gifted villagers are, but, in the end, it saves lives.
The bad thing about this plan is the Werewolves are privy to it too. We need a proven innocent to put forth suggestions, because any others are not tried and could be poison to the mix. Yeah, that's been said before, hasn't it?
So we really can't act on that until one of our Sherriffs has passed on. Should one of them sacrifice themselves for the good of the Village? They're almost better to us when one is dead. (Ooh, another heartless comment...write that one down, Kitanna )

About the only thing a Gifted can do if they're going to be lynched is to try to convince the voters of their status, but even then a Wolf could try to pull that off.

Of the three current suspiciousoids, (Kitanna, Durelin and I), I believe that

++KITANNA

is a wolf.

*sigh* Seems the more I talk in these events, the more suspicion I garner. Not everyone has unrestricted access to...um...the village meeting place. I'm not even supposed to be here right now.
Lotsa cross-posts.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:03 AM   #195
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
*sob* Will you force me to reveal myself?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:05 AM   #196
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't have much time to explain my vote, but I'll try.

Durelin doesn't seem so wolfish to me as Guy & Kitanna.

I suspect Eomer of innocence and suspecting me in good faith. I'm not going to try to prove to him or Estel my innocence, but the possibility that at least one of the other two who voted for Guy as wolves is worth consideration ... unless Guy is a wolf.

I'm getting a little irked at comments like "it looks like {fill in the blank} is going die today. There have hardly been any votes cast. What is the point of saying such things? It seems like a kind of persuasion by suggestion I would expect from a werewolf. Eomer is moving from my neutral, to my suspect list. And Eomer keeps on saying he's not defending Guy while defending Guy. Anybody noticed that?

Please, friends, let's put a moratorium on any more votes for Durelin; I'm afraid we may be making a huge mistake if we lynch her....

++ Oddwen

This seems terribly inconsistent, I realize, but I've been reading posts and changing my mind as I've proceeded. What's done is done.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #197
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Morm, if they're both wolves......then gimme a high-five!

But seeing Durelin's last post, and doing a fair bit of scrambling about between the lines, I really don't want to kill her. If Oddwen's innocent then I'll be very sorry and embarrassed and I'll put flowers on her grave every weekend as long as I'm still alive, but right now I'd much rather kill her than Durelin.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 AM   #198
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

The question of Lhunacy

Lhunardawen... Villager, Cobbler or Wolf?
A short thesis by The Stunted Professor.

Feanor accused Lhunardawen, claiming we should probably lynch her, before her death. Nobody seems to have mentioned this yet, and if Lhuna were intending to pull off a bluff, she must be chuckling to herself quietly.

But what's all this howling at the moon? an Obvious reference to wolvishness. Lhuna is either a wolf hiding in the open or the cobbler trying to attract votes. I would say Lhunardawen is probably the cobbler. It just feels right.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #199
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Lmp: You need not try to 'convince' me of your innocence. I do not think you are guilty, you are mearly on my 'watch list,' which some people are on for different reasons.

Posted by mormegil:
Quote:
Eomer how you feel about Durelin is how I feel about Oddwen. Kitanna sits about where Oddwen does in my book
And all three of those sit in the exact same spot in my book - they seem to be acting suspiciously, or at least at times, but not quite enough to convince me to vote for them. Still, I can't justify casting another vote at an Oromin of sorts for the second day in a row...I should be posting my vote soon once I've read a bit (& smoked).

edit: Now that tgwbs has rebrought Lhuna to my attention my voting is pretty much split between Lhuna, Durelin, & Oddwen. Voting Durelin or Oddwen would make my vote count more, but it also feels a bit like bandwagoning, because I don't really think either of them are guilty. Voting for Lhuna would be different than voting for an Oromin, because I am rather suspicous of her at the least being the cobbler. Now to choose...

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-28-2005 at 10:21 AM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #200
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm going to have to vote now as I will not be able to later. Thanks to Morm and Eomer I am now stuck between Oddwen and Durelin as to who to vote for. I have some suspicion of TGWBS still as to me he has not entirely cleared his name and Spawn is making me have worries over the Elf-Warrior. However it is obvious that a vote for one of the latter two would be ineffective and as I am momentarily less supsicious of Oddwen I shall vote for

++DURELIN