The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #201
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I may be back in the morning just before, but it's pretty unlikely. For now, sleep!

*nuzzles her wolfy psychic wolf boy*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:01 AM   #202
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Leaf

DL in half an hour.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:08 AM   #203
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Leaf

The Tally
Sally --> Shasta (1)
Lottie --> Shasta (2)
Kitanna --> Shasta (3)
Farael --> Shasta (4)
Coppermirror --> Shasta (5)
Rikae --> Noam Chomsky (1)

Left to vote: Shasta.

Hmmn.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #204
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

DL. Noam Chomsky has been lynched. He was a werewolf.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #205
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

On discovering the corpse of wolf-Aganzir, the remaining Elves rejoiced, none more than Sally.

"Agan should have learned not to impersonate me," she said. "Why would she think she could get away with it?"

The Elves gasped collectively. "You mean you're..?"

"I am," Sally nodded, "and I'm incredibly impatient. Shasta, would you like to be barbecued or slow roasted?"

"Now just a moment, Lady Galadriel," said Shasta, turning pale, "perhaps you *thought* your Mirror showed me turning into one of these terrible creatures, but appearances can be deceiving. The fact is, I'm Nimrodel. I just happen to... er... to wear furry grey pajamas- that's probably what confused you."

But no-one believed him. However none of them felt in the mood for a werewolf-barbecue. Instead, Sally- or, rather, Galadriel, produced a coil of silken grey hithlain rope. "As we Elves always say, never travel far without a rope! It may be a help in many needs."

The Elves made the rope fast to a branch near the flet on which they had gathered, while Coppermirror struck up a ballad in honour of the occasion. Shasta fought with all the fury of the wolf he was accused of being, but he was powerless against their greater numbers. For all his struggles, his head was soon forced into a noose, and he was marched to the edge and given a sharp push into space.

Neck broken, Shasta's body swayed like a pendulum, back and forth. The only sound was the faint creaking of the branch from which he hung.

Just as the Elves were beginning to suspect they had been deceived yet again, grey fur began to grow from Shasta's skin. Other changes followed. Within moments, instead of a dead Elf, the corpse of a hanged werewolf swung before them.

~~~~~~

The Living
Sally
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Coppermirror
Kitanna

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).
Aganzir, shot with bow-and-arrow Night Three. (Werewolf).
Shasta, hanged with Elven rope Day Three. (Werewolf).

It is now Night Four.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-18-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 AM   #206
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Leaf

"Would you like to be barbecued, Lady Galadriel," came the whisper on the night-wind, "or slow roasted?"

"Who said that?" Galadriel demanded, starting to her feet. But nothing moved on her flet, or in the branches around her. Only the mallorn leaves rustled faintly, as if stirred by the lightest of breezes.

Her nostrils twitched. The smell was faint, but surely it was the acrid smell of burning wood?

Rarely had the Lady been gripped by fear, but now it was like a chill hand closing about her throat.

"Show yourself, foul creature of darkness! Or if you are Nimrodel, end this folly-"

She broke off, coughing, for a wisp of smoke had drifted into her lungs. By the time she had recovered from her paroxysm, it was too late: roaring flames had leapt up all over her flet. Galadriel ran to the stairway, but it, too, was alight, a wall of fire beating her back. Soon the entire mallorn had become a pillar of flame.

~~~~~~

The Living
Lottie
Farael
Rikae
Coppermirror
Kitanna

The Dead
Nerwen, throat torn out Night One. (Mod).
Tar-Jêx, thrown off a flet Day One. (Ranger/Lover).
Boro, dragged under by a swan-submarine Night Two. (Ordo).
McCaber, choked on lembas Day Two. (Ordo).
Aganzir, shot with bow-and-arrow Night Three. (Werewolf).
Shasta, hanged with Elven rope Day Three. (Werewolf).
Sally, barbecued Night Four. (Seer).

It is now Day Four.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-18-2014 at 06:57 AM. Reason: sentence omitted.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #207
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Known roles:
Shasta (wolf)
Copper (ordo)
Farael (ordo)
Sally (seer, duh)

Unknown roles:
Lottie
Rikae
Kitanna

In case anyone cares, the dreams are listed above in order.
Sooo, this game is utter insanity.

Assuming Nerwen would have told Sally if she dreamt Nimrodel (which why wouldn't she) that means one of these three unknowns is Nimrodel and one is a wolf and one is an ordo. I know I'm an ordo so will we be playing a round of musical reveals for the role of Nimrodel with the other two unknowns?

Thanks to Agan I'm not sure who to find guilty. Agan claimed to have dreamed Rikae innocent. Wolf on wolf? Wolf jumping on an innocent to confuse things later?

Then she suggested the remaining voters try to get Lottie lynched. Both Lottie and Rikae didn't believe Agan's reveal, but still didn't vote for her which I found odd then and I find odd now.

I have to get to work, but I'll be back around my lunch hour.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #208
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, if we have a cursed, we don't actually know anything. However, if we don't, I at least can assume Kit and Lottie are wolf and Nimrodel, in some order.

I'm not sure why Sally thinks it's significant that I said "her ordos" - the ordos she dreamt, which obviously would not be all of us. If I were a wolf, I would have known she was the seer, and that she didn't dream of me. Defending Shasta, even indirectly, would have been the last thing I'd have wanted to do.

Yeah, yeah, I know, I could bluff, but it wouldn't have made sense. Neither did Sally's justification for trying to draw out Nimrodel, and get voters to follow her, before she revealed her dreams - and I should know by now that just becausesomeoneisn't making sense doesn't mean she's evil. But if that nonsense gets me lynched when we can't afford to lynch innocents, I'll be rather irritated.

I'm an ordo (believe it or not).
I suppose we can assume that Nimrodel is Kit or Lottie, in any case, cursed or no cursed.

I also suppose if there's a cursed, and it's Cop or Farael, we're doomed, since it doesn't make sense to go against what knowledge we have, flawed though it could be.
So, Kit and Lottie, what are you?

Edit: X'd with Copper. Edit: No wait, it was Kitanna - wait, what?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #209
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, either Kitanna's the wolf, or Farael or Copper is a cursed wolf.

I found Kit suspicious from the beginning - but then again, we don't even know there were three wolves from the beginning.

However, she did actually just ask why Lottie and I didn't try to lynch a seer we didn't trust. Seriously?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #210
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
In the OR again, but I just wanted to check in. The idea that there may or may not be a cursed around is quite distressing. If we knew for sure, we could make far better plans!

I also wish I knew what Nimrodel's goals are, I'm still not convicted she's wholly on our side. But having her reveal how wouldn't necessarily help.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #211
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Then she suggested the remaining voters try to get Lottie lynched. Both Lottie and Rikae didn't believe Agan's reveal, but still didn't vote for her which I found odd then and I find odd now.
I can't speak for Lottie, but in my case: because she could have been the seer.
I didn't trust Agan, either, but I didn't vote for her.
I just like someone claiming to be a seer to give me a reason to believe her, before I follow her advice. Sally wouldn't tell her dreams (which a wolf would have done, to avoid making a mistake) and she pushed Nimrodel to reveal first (which a wolf would have also done). So I didn't trust her. I hoped other people would wait to hear her whole story before voting, and I was annoyed that they didn't.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #212
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
In the OR again, but I just wanted to check in. The idea that there may or may not be a cursed around is quite distressing. If we knew for sure, we could make far better plans!

I also wish I knew what Nimrodel's goals are, I'm still not convicted she's wholly on our side. But having her reveal how wouldn't necessarily help.
We know Lottie is Nimrodel, so I think hearing from her exactly what she does can only help.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #213
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
We know Lottie is Nimrodel, so I think hearing from her exactly what she does can only help.
We do? I absolutely missed that :s
Old 12-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #214
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
We do? I absolutely missed that :s
By process of elimination.
It isn't you or Copper, because Sally dreamed of you.
It isn't me, because if it was, I would tell you.
It isn't Kitanna because she claims to be an ordo as well.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #215
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
My highlight

And I'd add the quote of Rikae saying neither her or Kit can be Nimrodel because they both claim to be Ordos, but I Can't because I'm on my phone.

Given that Lottie hasn't even spoken yet, and that this is werewolf, with lies galore, I would be more than a little unwilling to say we KNOW anything here. We know what the Seer has dreamed, and I'm willing to give Copper a pass based on that, but that leaves us with one of you three being a wolf.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #216
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Yes, we know.

You (or Copper), however, could be a wolf. Nerwen did say that a cursed would have shown up as an ordo on night 3, meaning, if we have a cursed, it could be anyone (except Lottie).

If you're thinking Nimrodel would claim to be an ordo, there is no reason for her to do that. All the wolf would need to do in that case is claim to be Nimrodel, and the two ordos would be lynched toDay and toMorrow, allowing the wolf to win the game.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #217
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
If you're thinking Nimrodel would claim to be an ordo, there is no reason for her to do that. All the wolf would need to do in that case is claim to be Nimrodel, and the two ordos would be lynched toDay and toMorrow, allowing the wolf to win the game.
That's some really weak logic here. If a wolf fake-reveals, the true Nimrodel would reveal. We Lynch one a night and win.

This is some furry logic you are using here
Old 12-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #218
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
That's some really weak logic here. If a wolf fake-reveals, the true Nimrodel would reveal. We Lynch one a night and win.

This is some furry logic you are using here
Um, I'm discussing your scenario where Nimrodel has, for some strange reason, already claimed to be an ordo.
If a wolf then fake-reveals, we would lynch the two claiming to be ordos, and the wolf would win.

Therefore Nimrodel would absolutely not claim to be an ordo. It would be suicide and cause the game to be lost.

Talk about furry logic.

Kit and I have both claimed to be ordos. Either we are honest, or we are wolves. Therefore, Nimrodel is Lottie.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #219
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

But maybe... nah.

Just please explain why you think Nimrodel would claim to be an ordo at this point.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #220
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So the true Nimrodel couldn't just say "hey, I lied, I'm not an ordo"?!

Sure, that might get her lynched, but then we'd know the truth and Lynch the fake Nimrodel the next Day. Which would be a wolf because no one else has an incentive to lie.

We don't know much about the abilities of this player. For example, if they are doing the same math you are (one of you three is a wolf) then as long as we don't kill THEM today, we have a chance of winning tonight with a hunter kill.

I really think you are trying to defend a VERY weak position
Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #221
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
So the true Nimrodel couldn't just say "hey, I lied, I'm not an ordo"?!

Sure, that might get her lynched, but then we'd know the truth and Lynch the fake Nimrodel the next Day. Which would be a wolf because no one else has an incentive to lie.

We don't know much about the abilities of this player. For example, if they are doing the same math you are (one of you three is a wolf) then as long as we don't kill THEM today, we have a chance of winning tonight with a hunter kill.

I really think you are trying to defend a VERY weak position
Actually, come to think of it, let's see what Lottie says before we discuss this further. We could be doing more harm than good.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #222
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Just please explain why you think Nimrodel would claim to be an ordo at this point.
Because there may be a cursed who turned into a wolf. I actually am with you in thinking that the dreams were of Ordos (but then I would, knowing my role). However Nimrodel may disagree and be bidding her time.

Why are you so eager on a reveal? I wonder...
Old 12-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #223
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Although I don't think we're thinking the same thing here. And this bugs me:

Quote:
According to that math (which is yours, not mine), such a hunter kill wouldn't be needed. We would win toDay or toMorrow regardless, whether the wolf pretends to be Nimrodel or an ordo.

Edit: X'd
Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #224
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Kit and I have both claimed to be ordos. Either we are honest, or we are wolves. Therefore, Nimrodel is Lottie.
That's your math right there. One of you three is a wolf. I'm thinking you, of course
Old 12-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #225
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Because there may be a cursed who turned into a wolf. I actually am with you in thinking that the dreams were of Ordos (but then I would, knowing my role). However Nimrodel may disagree and be bidding her time.
That's what I didn't want to say. Now we've pretty much spelled out what a Kitanna- or Lottie-wolf would need to do to win.
Quote:
Why are you so eager on a reveal? I wonder...
I don't know, why do you think I am?
Old 12-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #226
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
That's your math right there. One of you three is a wolf. I'm thinking you, of course
No, it's each of us is either honest or a wolf. We could both be honest, which makes you or Copper a wolf.

Not you, probably - a wolf would have thought things through more.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #227
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
No, it's each of us is either honest or a wolf. We could both be honest, which makes you or Copper a wolf.

Not you, probably - a wolf would have thought things through more.
Well, we've beaten this house to the ground, but I'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think we can be sure Nimrodel would reveal today.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #228
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Well, we've beaten this house to the ground, but I'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think we can be sure Nimrodel would reveal today.
Maybe she won't. If it seems like a good idea to you, maybe it does to her as well.
She does have more insight into the possible-cursed situation than either of us does, at any rate. Probably. I hope.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #229
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Actually I feel pretty stupid now. Yes, of course Nimrodel might have her reasons for wanting to claim she's an ordo.

I'm glad I didn't immediately vote for Kitanna, as was my first instinct.

If Nimrodel doesn't reveal toDay, Farael & Copper, please vote for ME. Least I can do is help Nimrodel survive the day without revealing, if that's her wish (since I can't help the village with brainpower ).
Old 12-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #230
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

That would, at least, give us a chance of catching a cursed wolf that isn't among the unknowns.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #231
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikpossiblywolf
If Nimrodel doesn't reveal toDay, Farael & Copper, please vote for ME. Least I can do is help Nimrodel survive the day without revealing, if that's her wish (since I can't help the village with brainpower ).
I think I shall. Not that I agree with your supposedly selfless gesture, but rather because at the end game ever ordo should be advocating for their survival. After all, to myself, I'm the only 100% known ordo. And we aren't yet in a position where we can find the wolf out by mathematics
Old 12-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #232
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I know I'm an ordo, whether or not anyone believes me is a different story. And if you really are an ordo too trying to be the sacrificial lamb then we do have a cursed person out there.

Or you could be Nimrodel and sacrifice is part of your role. Since nothing seems to be standard in this game death is really the only way to be certain and this goes for everyone who is still alive.

Or you could be a wolf trying to bluff, which at this point is too dangerous to even entertain.

At this point I'd say you're Nimrodel and Lottie is probably the last wolf. Unless there's a cursed, which is just bananas.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #233
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Good morning! (Or afternoon or night, as the case may be.) I'm probably going to be home all day toDay, so I'll have a fair amount of time to think about the game, on and off. So far I'm trying to look at the narrations for clues about roles, and then I'll want to look through the past Days' posting for hints about the possible identity of a third wolf.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #234
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I think there probably is a cursed. The "2-3" wolves, the lack of a kill, everything points to it.

In which case it really could be anyone and our only hope is that Nimrodel can narrow things down with a night kill of some kind.

That possibility didn't even occur to me at first which is why I argued with you Farael - I figured we were doomed if there was a cursed so we should just go with what we had (which, by the way, is the last thing I would have said if I were a wolf). But it is a possibility and we don't know whether she is a hunter, an assassin, or something else - whether she needs to be attacked, or not be attacked, to make her kill, whether she even has more kills, etc.

If she reveals before I go to bed (about 12 hours), I'll vote based on her info, if not, I guess the best thing to do is vote for myself.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #235
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I think I shall. Not that I agree with your supposedly selfless gesture, but rather because at the end game ever ordo should be advocating for their survival. After all, to myself, I'm the only 100% known ordo. And we aren't yet in a position where we can find the wolf out by mathematics
Oh, I missed this, and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it after all.

Seriously, Farael, you can stop laying it on so thick. You get to lynch me, you should be happy. The snarky remarks are getting old. You convinced me that Nimrodel might be trying to hide, so I do what I can to help her do so if she wants to, and I get this snottiness. Really, knock it off.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #236
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Oh, I missed this, and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it after all.

Seriously, Farael, you can stop laying it on so thick. You get to lynch me, you should be happy. The snarky remarks are getting old. You convinced me that Nimrodel might be trying to hide, so I do what I can to help her do so if she wants to, and I get this snottiness. Really, knock it off.
Ok, first of all I do apologize if I'm coming across as aggressive and/or mean! This is just a game, and I'm not trying to cross any boundaries here! As a person I respect and appreciate you.

As a player, I have made my suspicions abundantly known. But it's not personal!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #237
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Ok, first of all I do apologize if I'm coming across as aggressive and/or mean! This is just a game, and I'm not trying to cross any boundaries here! As a person I respect and appreciate you.

As a player, I have made my suspicions abundantly known. But it's not personal!
Ok, no problem!

Maybe it's the avatar.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #238
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ok, no problem!

Maybe it's the avatar.
The angry Moose? It's outdated even, now it should be a Jet
Old 12-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #239
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Why, yes, yes I am. Nimrodel, at your service! I was a logical hunter of sorts - the of sorts is because I don't need to die before I can kill, which I at least haven't seen before - but I only got one kill, which I used to take out Agan, both because I was completely sure her Seer reveal was false and because she was responsible for the death of my Beloved Amroth. Of course, my role has changed before (from a typical suicidal Lover to a hunter), so I'm not positive it won't change again, but for now I am, in terms of extra powers and what not, effectively an ordo right now.

Quote:
I'm thinking Kit, actually, and not just because she voted for my Beloved, I promise. Rikae has seemed pretty solid all game to me, whereas Kit has been on and off my radar from Day 1. I think we probably do have a Cursed, since my hunter kill shouldn't have stopped any Night kills from happening (which was why I was so concerned yesterDay that we not rely on the Ranger, because before Rikae reminded me that we might have a Cursed, I had thought that somehow my hunter kill had stopped the wolf kill, and didn't want anyone to think they could rely on another 'ranger save' the next Night). In that case, we have four possible wolves, and of those four, I'm far more suspicious of Kit and Farael. However Kit could also technically have been a third wolf from the start, so I would suggest we lynch Kit toDay, just to be safe.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #240
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, I stand corrected. Rikae was right about Nimrodel. I'm still not convinced about her logic, but I'll admit I'm not always right (see McCaber )

Would any of the people with a little more time than me look at who the wolves may have tried to attack the no kill night? Either someone who looked like a seer or a threat to them... or someone dropping cursed hints