The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2003, 06:56 PM   #41
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

Well I just edited mine so as to not let them know who I was but then I remembered I signed it Annalalaith. Funny ha? But any way -- yes I think that even my baddly put together website is better than that was. I think they should have done more reaserch. I will be praying for them that God will knock some sense into their heads. But that is it. In my fury I misspelled and reapeated my self in that e-mial.....

Quote:
I suggest that next time you start a protest of something you look into it first. Here is a discussion on the Two Towers the movie and you! http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin...c&f=2&t=002108 I think you should read this. If you are so narrow minded or sick to think or even think that PJ did not consider the implications of using this title you are a blathering idiot. If you did not know that the second book in the trilogy is called the Two Towers than you know now. And if you are foolish enough to think that you were the only ones affected by the losses of 9- 11 you are the dumbest people on the face of the planet, not to mention the most selfish. Hey just yesterday the season finally of Without a trace featured a story that centered on 9-11 why not boycott them. get on the bandwagon for something that maters not petty stupidity like this. I hope you read this not all the way through and please start using your brain. The book the Two Towers was written 50 years ago by a man names JRR Tolkien. PJ did consider the fact of 9-11 but thought better of changing the name because he didn't want to **** off the already annoyed fans of LOTR anymore than they already were. My suggestions will serve you well.
If this is some kind of joke you are the most Tookish person I know. Other wise I think you ought to reconsider. If you are serious then I label you a Nazi in disguise You may not know that but you are. people like you bother me to no end and I will pray that you change your ways. If we went around not offending anyone in our lives there would be a bunch of stupid saps controlling everyone and we could be communists or fascists. If I have offended you then you are a fool. If you consider what I have said then you are a little wiser than I thought. You should read the books, and read the Bible too.

And here it is again. Notice I even provided them with a link.....
Old 05-16-2003, 07:28 PM   #42
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
basically i wrote a very offensive note.
Well, that was probably not the best thing to do. I don't like them at all either, but I think that if I were to write something to them, it would be more or less 'politely annoyed'. Don't know, I realize these things p*** some people off more than others.

~Menelien
Old 05-16-2003, 07:48 PM   #43
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

I was so POed when I read thet I emailed them this (entited "How Dumb can people get?") :
Quote:
God you people are idiots!!!!!! Have you every thought that since these movies were based on books written circa 50 years ago by a man named John Tolkien. Well they are.
Its a series called Lord of the Rings:
Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
Return of the King

Maybe you idiots should read them. You might actually learn something like the fact that they were named over 40 years ago and the movies took the book names because They were NAMED AFTER THE BOOK. IT I repeat IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. OK!!!!!
You people need to get that though your puny little brains.

Your Beloved Friend,
Eärwen
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] So how dumb do you think some people can get?
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 01:35 AM   #44
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Question

All I can say is THIS IS SO DUMB! What idiots.. LotR was written L.O.N.G before the September 11 happened! They must all get a life!
Niluial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 02:13 AM   #45
Afrodal Fenyar
Haunting Spirit

Afrodal Fenyar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

That's what I think about this [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] (And of Eärwen's e-mail. Congratulations, you just showed your own stupidness.)

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: Afrodal Fenyar ]

~Eomer
Afrodal Fenyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 02:51 AM   #46
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Silmaril

Em...you're just giving them exactly what they want when you send them those e-mails. They've already failed, I doubt they were really serious anyway, so I wouldn't waste your time.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:09 PM   #47
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
They've already failed, I doubt they were really serious anyway, so I wouldn't waste your time.
Precisely. The original Two Towers protest site is (unfortunately) not a joke, but is clearly quite preposterous. So, in light of that and the fact that they manifestly failed in their aims, I think that we can quite safely ignore it (until the sad idiots come up with their next hairbrained idea).

My reason for resurrecting this thread was to post the link to what I thought was a rather good parody of the original site. I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't bothered ... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]