The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Ibrīnišilpathānezel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Ibrīnišilpathānezel is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Thank you, Downers

I've never started a topic before, but this seemed like the right moment. As some of you know, I've been going a little crazy for three weeks, waiting to find out if my husband would still have a job at the end of October. We just got the news, he will, and he'll have a promotion. I'm incredibly relieved, and I wanted to thank all the Downers who offered us support, through well-wishes, prayers, or in any other way. As much of my life has been filled with an appalling lack of support from people who should have offered it (like my parents and family), this has meant a great deal to me, and I wanted to offer my appreciation.

Thank you, one and all. This board may be full of Downers, but as a community, it's definitely an upper.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hey, that's okay... I'm so glad to hear things have turned out well after all!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Thumbs up

All's well that ends well.

And good luck to you guys down the line.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrīnišilpathānezel View Post
Thank you, one and all. This board may be full of Downers, but as a community, it's definitely an upper.
I'm afraid I can't accept any personal thanks for personal support, since I'm afraid I didn't offer any--which I'm neither defending myself in or accusing myself of, just stating the facts. Any interior concern I had, while real, was not actualised in any form of support--I still feel like I need to reply to this thread and agree very strongly about the community on the Downs. It is, indeed, an exceptionally close-knit and generally agreeable bunch of people. A few of my best friendships started here and while I'm not on equally intimate terms with all the many Downers I feel I can genuinely call "friends," I still feel generally accepted and comfortable with the entire community.

As someone who's single, I've taken to referring to it a couple times as "my other family" or my "in-laws" because of this. So let me agree quite vocally with Distant Cousin Ibrīn that this is an excellent family indeed--and not just the immediate members I know well, but the farther-flung cadet branches and the black sheep as well.

(And so as not to whole eclipse the celebration of Ibrīn's family, let me offer the congratulations and belated relief of this tardy relative on the promotion and job preservation of your husband.)
Old 10-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Why, that's good news, Ibrin, and thank God(dess)!
And I can only full-heartedly agree with what Ibrin and Form have said about the Downs community. I still feel I know less than half of you half as much as I'd like to, but I've grown very, very fond of the whole of you lot. Cheers!