The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2004, 06:55 AM   #1
Gothbogg the Ripper
Wight

Gothbogg the Ripper has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye The Power of Isengard

If the forces of Isengard had found and eliminated Frodo and gave the Ring to Saruman, what would he have done? I feel that in an act of pride and pomp he would have gathered his armies and tried to defeat the power of Mordor in an act of treachery against Sauron as he was no stranger to the art of betrayl, whilst trying to destoy the Free Peoples, what do you think?
Old 10-05-2004, 10:37 AM   #2
Orophin
Animated Skeleton

Orophin has just left Hobbiton.
I totally agree with you on this one. If Saruman did some how get the ring then I think that he would have tried to wage war on the whole of middle earth. I think that Saruman was just arrogant enough to do this and it could be what he was planning to do the whole time anyway.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:43 AM   #3
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

In the short term he might have done just the opposite. As a student of ring lore
he would have realized it would take some time to master the ring and so
could have gone on the defensive, ringing his forces about Isengard. Could this
have led to an alliance of cenvenience between Rohan, Gondor, and Sauron
against Saruman?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Between Rohan, Gondor and Mordor? Surely Rohan and Gondor would take this chance to recover their strength and take on the distracted Sauron, whilst he was busy trying to get inside Isengard. The War would be long and extremely bloody, and Sauron would win in the end.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

Interesting question Tuor, As Eomer said, a definate alliance between Rohan and Gondor. I do think if Saruman was able to make a great force so fast, Mordor would have allied with Saruman, or would have just stayed out of it and wait for the perfect moment to make it's strike. Here is my true feeling on if Saruman got the ring though...

Saruman if he could figure out a way to wield the ring and get armies to flock to Isengard, then yes, Saruman could overthrow Sauron. Yes, Saruman studied for years in ring-lore, he even tried to make his own ring, which as of right now, it seems that ring was a failure. I'm still not convinced Saruman would know how to do that, his arrogance could get into the way. We have to remember, just because someone has the ring doesn't make them all powerful, unstoppable, first Saruman must know how to use the Ring, for example commanding Sauron's armies, commanding the Nazgul, if Saruman could be able to do that, then we are getting somewhere.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:09 AM   #6
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Indeed yes ,but I do not think after getting the ring Saruman would be so arrogant as to lauch an attack on the Dark Lord ,I think he would bid his time ( as he said to Gandalf ) ,he would wait till the Dark Lord launches his attack on Gondor and Roahn and then when his armies are scattered ,he will attack the Dark Lord .

But he will have to get armies which he does not have ,from where he will get these I do not know??