The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 AM   #41
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Our crew has gotten large enough that we have need fer a second cook. Jolly thin' we have Short Ruth Mith comin' on aboard our ship. I hear she be known to make a mean salmagundi.

Salma Gundy? Isn't that the actress who played Frieda Kahlo?

I was thinking more of rat yesterday, rat today and it looks like rat tomorrow lots of grog though

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #42
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Whups. Didn't see that.

I'm all for hunting and gathering. Striker please. xD
Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #43
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
A question about the ghosts: Will posts by them after they've passed on be somehow specially marked or notated, or is it just up to the living to try and remember who's dead?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #44
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
A question about the ghosts: Will posts by them after they've passed on be somehow specially marked or notated, or is it just up to the living to try and remember who's dead?
After each phase, I gunna post a list 'o th' livin' 'n th' ghosted. 'Tis up to ye to refer back to it 'n keep track 'o who's alive 'n not, though I ain't imagine it'd be too difficult. But if ye all disagree 'n be worried 'bout keepin' track, then I can come up wit' somethin' else.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #45
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Cap'n, I be thinkin' yer plan good enough. Ye run a tight ship, so ye do.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #46
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When is this starting? any ideas ..?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #47
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Perhaps when the dead post they can post in all italics?
Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #48
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Does anyone know how to speak ghostly? Then we could talk like pirate ghosts.

*enter dreary music* Boo-arrr! 'Tis be th' ghost o' th' scallywag ye sent t' be shark grub. Be afeared! *dreary music fades*
Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #49
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
When is this starting? any ideas ..?
Th' game will start to'morrow (Friday) at midnight EST or 4am GMT. So technically it'll be early Saturday mornin' fer ye Europeans. I'll send out roles a few hours before th' game begins 'n make a note on 'tis thread when I do. Sign-ups will remain open 'til I have sent out all th' roles.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #50
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Or maybe not. Sorry.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #51
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night has begun. If you haven't already, be sure to turn invisible.

I haven't actually sent out the roles yet; sorry about that. But everyone should receive a PM in the next hour or so.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #52
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

All roles have been sent out. Everyone should've received a message in one form or another. Let me know if you have not.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 AM   #53
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Just warning everyone now, this will be the worst day 1 for me ever. With Church and then work right after I may have time to vote closer to the end, but that's about it, not even sure if I'll get to do that.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #54
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Day 1 has now begun. Sorry about being so late. No good excuse except I really shouldn't write anymore song parodies as apparently it takes me a year to do it.

All you gifteds and baddies should probably send me your choices in the following Nights at least two hours before deadline, being the slow writer I am. And then hopefully I'll actually post the narrations on time...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #55
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thought it only right to point this out. I had to edit my more or less last post (the longer one where I listed everyone) to add in formatting and such and I realized that somehow there was nothing under Mac's name, so I put my thoughts in, or back in, or whatever the case was. I wanted to make sure to mention it because I edited the post and wanted to make sure everyone knew that was now there, just to be fair in case you missed it. Just an FYI.

K, shutting up now. G'night, folks!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:21 AM   #56
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hey ye mateys, I've come to realise I won be 'roun fer Day2 at all due t' celebratin a friend's bir'day. Bu' me be back fresh and maggo'y on Day3... so see ye all soon!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #57
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Note that the rules state that you can choose not to vote for two Days or more, but not voting two Days in a row will result in modfire. So the following need to be sure to vote toDay:

Nerwen
Gwathagor
Mirandir
Isabellkya
Mithalwen

I can give exceptions to anyone who has a good reason why they are not able to vote.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #58
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Mira wanted me to let everyone know that her computer died so she won't be able to post toDay and she doesn't know when her computer will be fixed.

Brinn you have her permission to modfire her.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #59
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, I said I'd make a final decision about whether or not to mod-fire Mira immediately at the deadline, but I've already come up with my decision and I'm too tired to wait to post.

Since it sounds like Mira won't be returning soon and she did give permission, I will mod-fire her at the end of the next Night phase if she is not killed first. This will give her another 24 hours to PM me if she still wants/can be in the game.

The same will apply to any other player who fails to vote two Days in a row. The mod-fire rule is set in place for a reason, but I do think it's fair to give the opportunity for a player to give me a good reason why they couldn't vote and make a final plea to stay alive. Also remember, the results of a mod-fire will be the same as any other death.

Note: Sally texted me to say she might not be able to vote before deadline due to a dead internet, just so you know.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #60
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The following must vote toMorrow in order to not risk mod-fire:

Sally
Lommy
Eönwë

If you do not vote, the above post will apply to you.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #61
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm here! I'm here! I'm....oh, rubbish, I'm too late.

Sorry, I couldn't get my internet to work; it kept losing the connection so I couldn't post. Hopefully it won't happen again, or at least not toMorrow.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #62
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hey there's a big storm brewing here so if I'm not here for the beginning of the Day it's because of that. Just to let you all know.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #63
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Just letting everyone know that the Night's narration is up and I've also added yesterDay's narration. Hopefully it's not too awful; today was another exhausting one, so I'm still very tired and can't exactly think straight. The end of yesterDay was just sort of a blur. But hopefully I should soon be in better shape to narrate as I have the day off tomorrow (yay). Now off to sleep!
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #64
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm off to our summer-cottage for midsummer festivities - and much earlier I anticipated. My sister's husband (who has the car) gets off from work a lot earlier than planned so my Day3 will end about now (I'll go and vote first).

I will be off for the entire Day4 but will be back for Day5.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #65
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I didn't think I'd have to say this but...

Ehm, guys remember this is just a game, so don't let things get too heated. The whole purpose of this is to have fun, and getting too worked up will only result in hurt feelings and ruin the game for everyone else. So please keep in check what you say and not let it get personal. Any issues or hurt feelings should be resolved through PM. I'm too tired to deal with any unnecessary problems and I just want this to be a good experience for everyone. I'm sure other players will agree.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #66
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Rikae, please don't leave - you know everybody gets heated here from time to time and people don't tend to deliberately insult anyone. It would be shame if you dropped out because I really enjoy playing with you.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:52 AM   #67
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Rikae, please don't leave - you know everybody gets heated here from time to time and people don't tend to deliberately insult anyone. It would be shame if you dropped out because I really enjoy playing with you.
Seconded. I missed the last 15 minutes or so before DL, but I want to say I certainly meant nothing personal by anything I said, and I'm sorry if that was the appearance.
I will explain my responses in more detail in the main thread when it reopens.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 AM   #68
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thanks, Lommy! I decided I'll stick around.

Don't worry Inzil, it's not about anything you said.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #69
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I fell asleep on Salmon (that's what I call my very comfy couch, so I'm not saying I slept on a bed of fish ) watching a game, and that's why I missed the last coupe hours of the DL.

Rikae I second Lommy, don't leave. Although I would be a bit of a hypocrit if I didn't say, it's just a game afterall and not all that important, but that doesn't mean we still won't be sad if you left.

Gwath, I know how you feel, and truly understand your reaction, if you wouldn't mind, after the game I would like to send you a PM.

Edit: crosse with Rikae...Yay!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #70
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I understand how frustrated people can get in WW (so often I am that frustrated person ) and I think that this perhaps is a particularly frustrating game since there are so many unknowns and the only clues are peoples "attitude" or way of speaking and there is consequently a risk things can seem more personal. Also with the role play it is perhaps harder to phrase things so it criticises the behaviour.

I do remember I gravely offended someone for saying something they did was stupid - I never intended to mean that they were stupid, only the action, IMO, in the context of the game - an important distinction that it is easy to lose. It is just a game but there is still the possibility of sports injuries!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #71
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Gee I'm an *** sometimes. Especially when I act first and think later. Sorry everyone. Sorry Rikae!

Oh looks like I can't say that word. Well, it's still true.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #72
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I understand how it is as I've had my own feelings hurt in a game before. It's just important to remember that no one around here intends to offend anyone, but it's easy to rub someone the wrong way without meaning to. One of the disadvantages about forums is that tone can be interpreted entirely different in the written word than what tone perhaps the writer intended to use, which I've noticed has often resulted in hurt feelings.

Continuing on, I'm just letting you know the Day will start a bit late toDay. I didn't return home from work until after nine, which put me a bit behind on narrations. I'm still writing yesterDay's. Depending on how fast I can get this done, I may perhaps start the Day without the narration and add it later since I don't want to start the Day too late.

Also, wilwa has informed me that she's dropping out of the game, so she will be mod-fired at the Day's beginning. Like anyone else, she'll be ghosted and is welcome to return to the game and post later on if she is so able.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #73
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Gah, that took a lot longer than planned. Sorry about that. Right around now seems to be a fairly silent period of the Day for most players though, so I'm not sure if it makes a big difference. But please do tell me if you guys think you need me to extend the deadline an extra hour (or more), because I will if necessary.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #74
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hey Gwath, it should be ok, everybody gets a bit p***ed off if they get suspected a lot during their absence for reasons they don't think are plausible. I know that's happened to me several times.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #75
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi guys. I'm sorry for my absence toDay. I had a bit of a turn at cheerleading earlier - my own fault but not fun all the same - and every time I've tried to read through the thread it makes me feel sick again. Don't know if it's the moving screen or just the trying to concentrate! So, yeah, I'm sort of going to just have to miss this Day and come back tomorrow when I've slept this off.

Just thought I'd let you know, sorry it's so late, I had hoped I'd feel better by now!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #76
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I suppose you would be cross if I sneaked away to SW19? I'd go tomorrow but Murray is playing and while he is to my mind a rather charmless individual I think it will make it so much harder to get in.... Wednesday would be better ....

Old 06-23-2009, 02:41 AM   #77
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I suppose you would be cross if I sneaked away to SW19? I'd go tomorrow but Murray is playing and while he is to my mind a rather charmless individual I think it will make it so much harder to get in.... Wednesday would be better ....
Absolutely unacceptable!

Don't you know that Werewolf is your most important obligation! Nothing is more important than the game!

*chuckles*

Riiiight. Hehe I hope you enjoy it.

Sorry I wasn't around to watch the end of the Day. I, like Miss Mith, have my priorities horribly out of order and decided I needed a nap.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #78
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I won't be around very much for toMorrow as I'm going to the countryside for the weekend... I can use my grandmother's computer and net access but I can't hang around online as much as normally. Just for your information...
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #79
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I've completed Kath's narration, which means I've got one down and three to go. I was going to attempt a second, but I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open; I blame the contacts. It's going slowly, but I promise I will get them done. I may be a procrastinator, but I always finish my projects...I think.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #80
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Crap. Sorry for not voting, I got caught up in my own game elsewhere (whose deadline is the same as this game).
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote