The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #321
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++Eonwe
I haven't really uncovered anything else and Eonwe stands out the most to me.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #322
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Oh come on, Nilp. At least vote for yourself.

++NILPAURION FELAGUND

I might have voted Shasta but I remembered Aganzir already voted Nilp so I'm totally bandwagoning!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM   #323
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Oh come on, Nilp. At least vote for yourself.

++NILPAURION FELAGUND

I might have voted Shasta but I remembered Aganzir already voted Nilp so I'm totally bandwagoning!!!
++Eomer

Love you too, .
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM   #324
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

If I go down...
Old 07-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #325
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
However I have skimmed again and it strikes me that not only is Nogrod being quietly amnipulative but he is being quiet.... normally you can't look away for a moment without there being more analysis.~Mith
But Nogrod is a loud wolf too. This seems like it's kind of shaky, Mith. Also, something Nogrod makes a good point about is to look at those who had very little interaction with Nerwen. I'd also say to look at the one's who had a neutral/more defensive view of Nerwen.

Nerwen came under heat in Day 1, but by Day 2 everyone thought she was just a victim of the wolves. And to relieve some of that pressure I can definitely imagine at least one of her packmates trying to push the "victim of the wolves" defense; or not even having contact with her at all, to try and not have so much interaction.

Quote:
...you can say all you want about someone, but it all comes down to voting, whether you really want the person you suspect lynched or not. Boromir and Aganzir, as I've said before, did not follow through their suspicion by voting.~Nilp
True, I won't speak for Agan, but all I'll say is at least today she is one of the most innocent looking people. As for me, if I vote for Nerwen it's a wasted vote and I know I'd get suspected for not wanting "innocent" blood on my hands. I already said I don't want to see Eonwe lynched, EW's fate was already sealed, and so my vote turns out to be a waste no matter what. Hence why I said (inaccurately quoted by Durelin) "I'll be gunning for you tomorrow." I'll bring down all hell to make sure someone I think is very suspicious gets lynched, and I won't be happy until that person is lynched. Ask Form.

Nilp's non-vote is worrying and Mith's vote for Nogrod is too. I'll be back again once I read a little more thorougly this time. (When I said look at Nerwen's posts I didn't expect you to take it so seriously! )
Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #326
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The votes this far...

Aganzir -> Nilp (following a long hunt...)
Mith -> Nogrod ("I seldom regret voting for him and often regret not following through when I do suspect him")
Rikae -> Formendacil (on a hunch)
Nilp -> null vote
Kitanna -> Eönwë (he stands out the most)
Eomer -> Nilp 2 ("Oh come on, Nilp. At least vote for yourself." But there were rows already before that)
Shasta -> Eomer (to end the Day's row between the two)

Huh...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #327
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My internet is dying, so I had better vote quickly.

++Nilpaurion Felagund

I will explain when I can...
Old 07-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #328
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'd be ready to vote Mith toDay. She acts not in her normal way and with her I'd say that is a sign of something that is not for the good.

Kitanna seems to be an obsession to me in this game. Somehow she manages to look quite innocent post by post but still I just can't rid myself from the idea she's a wolf. All good and nice with her posting but then again toDay her vote on Eönwë looks like the easy way a wolf might go for... It doesn't help my position to realise I myself am a bit worried about Eönwë as well (have been from Day1) but Kit's vote bothers me as a safe one.

Rikae seems to have her hands full and she has been unprecedently low key on this - but so have I myself and thence I can't blame her for that. But I'm a bit worried.

Shasta's sudden burst of activity raises an eyebrow (as someone already mentioned) but the same goes for Eönwë as well throughout the game.

Nilp and the Ka are ones I need to look closer as I seem to suspect them with points others have made. I'll try to see if I can get a hold of them myself now.

I tend to trust the judgements of Aganzir and Boro due to their record this far and the sense they have spoken.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #329
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, catching up on this thread took all of twenty-odd minutes--much longer than I expected on the basis of posting from the start of the Day. Good to see though.

To Boromir's highly relevant remark that people aren't paying enough attention to Nerwen and her relationships, pre-death, I must admit this is a very valid criticism, but in my own defence I was quite tired and more than a little forgetful last night, by the time I got back online after my power failures. That being said, I've still got no thoughts on who Nerwen might have been wolfing with, in the basis of the Nerwen posts. It is my general assumption that most players of this game (most, not all) are adept enough to play somewhere in that vague zone between mentioning a fellow wolf and drawing attention to a fellow wolf, and Nerwen certainly struck me as one of the line-walking capable.

Not that there's nothing out there to indicate her comrades, just that I'm not confident enough in my ability to spot it bother digging with a single half-hour left in the Day, and nothing leaping out at me.

What is leaping out at me is the randomness of Rikae's vote for me--natural, given that it's got my name in bold letters and there's a certain rush that comes from being voted for, but I really must say that her complete lack of reasoning, even if grounded in real life reasons, is almost insulting. I'd like to hear what reasons people have for killing me, even if they are ludicrous.

Much like Eomer, I'm finding myself vastly more confident today about Mith's innocence, though for different reasons. As for Eomer himself, however, I'm in a quandary of doubt based on this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I'm not constructing a logical argument to demonstrate my innocence. All I'm saying is that if I was a wolf, I'd be gentler in my public dealings. I am not trying to convince you -- that would be futile -- but perhaps some other folk in the village remember me as a colder, more dismissive wolf, rather than the loud, fight-seeking chap I'm showing myself to be here today. It's not general; it's particular to me. Frankly, I don't care if anyone buys it; I'm not hiding my thoughts, and it's way less pressure to play as an innocent.
Now, unlike Nilp, I'm inclined to agree with this statement of Eomer's inclinations, but like Nilp, it gives me great cause for concern. While I'm willing to concede that Eomer has become a vastly more stable wolf than he originally was, I'm also entirely willing to credit him with presence of mind and strength of character to play the part of the bouncy, random ordo when he's actually the wolf. If he has indeed become a more cool, dismissive wolf, then this would bespeak a cunning and ability to plan that could easily translate into an act--as the loud, fight-seeker.

That being said, however, until he posted the above, I was feeling more sure about Eomer's innocence than I have all game. Clearly, other people are getting suspicious today, based on the votes, and I'm inclined to wonder if maybe Eomer is our freshly-bitten wolf.

More to come... must refresh, as there are sure to be more posts by now, and to recollect my thoughts.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #330
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
By the spread of the voting it seems like everyone is dazed and confused. None of those who have received votes seem all that suspicious to me. I take back what I said about Nilp's vote (yes I've managed to change my mind in the last 20 minutes about that). I disagree with the decision to not vote, because I don't know why anyone would not vote (wolf included). Kath had a good reason to withhold her vote, Nilp's been around and participating today...

I guess the most suspicious one (who has received a vote) is Eomer. I've been pretty silent about him, and that's mostly because I didn't know what to think about him. He looks innocent, but he's a very scary player. There was very little interactiong between Eomer and Nerwen, also his behaviour here late is very strange. I mean really he's just sounding kind of crazy (I'm referring to his post where he voted for Nilp), that's always a bad sign. As someone else said (maybe Durelin? - I've read way too much in the last 30 or so minutes, I think I've had an overload), I'm starting to see a phantom-ness boldness in Eomer.

Alright, but Mith is the one who is raising the alarms here. Her vote for Nogrod seems just really out of the blue. (I guess you could say that about my suspicions on Eomer and Mith as well though). Nogrod's very dangerous, and he's completely fooled me before, but so far I feel he's pretty trusty. What's really odd about the vote is the reasoning too. I guess to borrow a word for it...it's "forced." It seems like she just chose Nogrod out of the blue and tried to say "well he's quiet and I always regret it when I don't vote for him."

Now, maybe Nogrod is being more quiet than usual, but Nogrod is an extremely loud wolf and he's not afraid to talk whether he's a wolf or not. Also, I just got done reading a few of his pretty long posts, so he's probably not as active as usual, but to me he's still looking pretty loud! (No offense Nogrod).

Edit: x'ed with every post up to 326
Old 07-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #331
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, thoughts on the votes thus far...

Mith's vote for Nogrod strikes a chord with me, if only because her reasoning articulates so well my thoughts about him. Namely, "I seldom regret voting for him and often regret not following through when I do suspect him." Nogrod is a player much like SPM was of old, and Boro is today: so formidable a player (or just a character... SPM had horrid luck, quite often) that one is pre-suspicious of him just on that basis. Nonetheless, I've been moderately suspicious of Nogrod since my castaway vote on Day 1, and I'm tempted to join Mith in this gesture.

On another topic, the anti-Nilp bids force me to reexamine Master Felagund. I think that the two of us had such a like attitude on Day 1 that I've ignored him since, seeing nought suspicious, but this is not a good idea, to just ignore someone. Nilp has been off of both the successful bandwaggons the past two Days, and has been noisy without making too much trouble.

The question, though, is whether is because he's clueless and affable or because he's clever and distracting. All my instincts lean toward the former, but recalling that I am over-inclined to agree with Nilp's mentality, I cannot but wonder if I might be more susceptible than most to his deceptions.

Definitely thinking of voting Nogrod... but am racked with scruples.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #332
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Boromir's defence of Nogrod against Mith's vote causes me to question myself, and it brings back to mind good reason to think Nogrod innocent--his quietness. Recollecting that this is (I take it on faith) the result of having his father present, it is not necessarily lynch-worthy.

On the other hand... Boromir's feeling of Eomer's guilt makes me doubt my own affirmation of Eomer's guilty-feeling quality, simply because I consider Boro fully capable of swaying us into the death of an ordo--or a gifted.

In this dazed state, I'm about ready to vote Boromir, but I'm not sure there's any good reason or point to doing that.

If nought else, I agree with Boromir that "everyone is dazed and confused." I certainly am... and becoming more the more I read.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:43 PM   #333
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Wonder if everyone will show up today. Almost time.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #334
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Don't bother with Boromir today, Form. No-one will take that up. Think on it more tomorrow.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #335
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Oh and something else I wanted to say (and look at) before I decide on who to vote for is I wonder if while Agan and I were discussing how we wanted to go after Nerwen if one of her buddies was around to prevent that and make EW's fate inevitable?

Going back to take a quick look back at yesterday, those who voted for EW whilst Agan and I were trying to see if lynching Nerwen was a possibility...

Eonwe
Rikae
Nerwen
Sally

Nerwen is obviously dead and a wolf, and I'll be captain obvious again by saying she's not going to vote for herself. I wonder if another wolf though wanted to make EW's lynch inevitable while there were still enough people to bandwagon against Nerwen.

Rikae
looks the most innocent, as she had been after EW this entire time and plus I believe her when she said that it's time we put the EW thing to rest.

This would leave Sally and Eonwe, and I may have to start reconsidering my thoughts on Eonwe.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #336
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Even if I disagree with Form's deductions on me (naturally) I think he's an ordo.

Eomer looks like a good candidate for being the new wolf (as someone said already). His vote toDay is quite a scary one. Another suspect for being turned a wolf toDay is Shasta (his sudden burst of activity).

But those things will be for those to consider who live on to Day 5 or 6 or something. Now we still have two original wolves around and need to get them first.

My top suspects would be then:
Mith
Kitanna
Nilp
Eönwë
Rikae

About in that order.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #337
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm here and waiting to vote either Shasta or Mith.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #338
Formendacil
Dead Serious

18 minutes left of forum time as I start this post, nine left on my watch, and the vote count stands as follows:

Aganzir -> Nilp (following a long hunt...)
Mith -> Nogrod ("I seldom regret voting for him and often regret not following through when I do suspect him")
Rikae -> Formendacil (on a hunch)
Nilp -> null vote
Kitanna -> Eönwë (he stands out the most)
Eomer -> Nilp 2 ("Oh come on, Nilp. At least vote for yourself." But there were rows already before that)
Shasta -> Eomer
Eönwë -> Nilp

3 for Nilp, 1 each for Nogrod, Formendacil, Eönwë, and Eomer.

I waver between Eomer and Nogrod. There's case enough against Nilp, but I cannot say I am convinced enough by it to join a front-running bandwaggon.

I would rather vote Nogrod than Eomer, but the Nogrod case just isn't grounded in a decent reasoning, but simply gut feeling. At least with Eomer, the gut feeling is willing to go either way, but I feel I have a real argument for voting.

Enough indecision.

++Eomer of the Rohirrim
Old 07-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #339
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Eomer looks like a good candidate for being the new wolf (as someone said already). His vote toDay is quite a scary one. Another suspect for being turned a wolf toDay is Shasta (his sudden burst of activity).
Scary?

And I don't see this about me or Shasta being turned because we finally got into a good argument. Surely the turned wolf would be very careful to stay as he/she was before?
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #340
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Ach, no.

2 votes.

Well...

I'm the Hunter.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #341
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Mithalwen

I didn't buy her Day 1 vote for Sally and I'm not buying her vote for Nogrod.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:51 PM   #342
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
*sigh* Yes, yes, we figured by now you were someone important, the way you were acting...

++Mith
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #343
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Ach, no.

2 votes.

Well...

I'm the Hunter.
*irritated*

You're not dead yet, you know... Nilp's still the front-runner.

Of course, if you don't die, we won't know for sure if you are hunter or not... and the wolves might not kill you tonight.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #344
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I'll say you follow the example of Boro if you don't trust me.

++ Mith

PS. Although I'm not entirely happy how Dury seems to echo my suspicions (she voted for Kitanna on Day1 as I had suspected her heavily... but yes, maybe we just reached the same conclusions?)
Old 07-09-2008, 04:56 PM   #345
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

With 2 votes and plenty of talk about me, and with minutes to spare, I'm not taking any chances. I'm not killing an innocent.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #346
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erm....yeah. No time left, is there? *ponders*

Don't like the Mith bandwagon. Nilp dear I'm sorry but....

++Nilp
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #347
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Mith and Nilp have 3 votes.

Anyone around?

EDIT: Sally changed it... Nilp 4 now.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #348
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I'll say you follow the example of Boro if you don't trust me.
Bit late for me to do that toDay, given that I'm already the aforementioned second vote for Eomer.

And there's always the consideration that even if Eomer's innocent, there's no need for Boromir to be also... though he does shine well in the currently light and my suspicions have descended merely to the "well, there's a logical possibility that" stage, at least for another Night.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #349
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline. Silence everyone!

Nilpaurion Felagund has been lynched.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #350
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By the way, sorry for cutting it so close. Computer wouldn't start up properly. Eeps.

Eomer, I'm glad you're not dead but you weren't in the lead when you revealed. Was it really necessary? (Actually, looking at the time of it, it might have been.) I'll talk more about toDay toMorrow, but I feel I'm already going to be x'ing with our moddess so I'll shush for now. G'night children.

EDIT: Crud. I knew it. Sorry....

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-09-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: typos suck :(
Old 07-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #351
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 3

The death of Kath came as a shock to some, but the general consensus came that she was killed to leave no trail. A few were saddened by the fact that Kath was violently murdered before she ever had a voice, but they eventually got over it in order to proceed with the day.

The day started off with a bang when the all new Eomer vs. Shasta special aired live. The two went at each other’s throats as they fought over yesterday’s events, mostly the Elf-Warrior’s death. Unfortunately, the show was on at obscure hours during the day so most BDers missed the live thing, choosing to TiVo it instead. But lucky for Eomer and Shasta, the ratings went up when they chose to perform a brief encore episode later in the day.

While Eomer and Shasta were arguing, Boromir advised everyone to take a look at possible connections with Nerwen, the only known wolf. A flood of members proceeded to do so, coming to their own conclusions. And as the day drew on, the suspicions and votes once again became more and more spread out.

Finally, it came between Eomer and Nilpaurion who had the most votes.
“Okay, so who does everyone want to vote for? Nilp or Eomer?” asked Shasta. “Of course, I say we should kill Eomer.”
“Hey, you don’t want to lynch me!” spoke up Eomer. “I’m your hunter.”
“No, don’t say that now…” groaned Formendacil.
“Well then, I guess it’ll be Nilp we lynch,” said Eönwë.
“But I don’t want to vote Nilpaurion,” complained Boromir. “Can we please PLEASE kill Mithalwen?”
“But does anyone else want her dead?” asked Kitanna.
“I do,” said Durelin.
“Me too,” Nogrod agreed.
“Wait! Wait!” Sally came running into the camp suddenly. “This last minute Mithalwen bandwagon is bad news. Let’s just get it done with and kill Nilpaurion already.”
“Yeah,” agreed Eomer. “I mean, he didn’t even vote. What kind of person does that?”
“Alright, but how should we kill him?” Aganzir asked.
“I have an idea…”

Eomer ran to his tent and returned only moments later carrying something in his hands.
“Look what I brought with me!” he held up the round objects.
“What are you doing with dynamite?” asked Kitanna.
“Haven’t you heard? Blowing stuff up is the cool new thing! Back at home I blow up mailboxes all the time.”
“But isn’t that rather dangerous to be keeping in your tent?” stated Mithalwen.
Eomer shrugged. “I wonder how many sticks we could fit in Nilp’s mouth?”
“Probably a lot ,” said Rikae. “He has a big mouth.”

So Eomer began to shove dynamite into Nilpaurion’s mouth as Eönwë helped out. They managed to barely squeeze a fourth stick in before Nilpaurion’s mouth was completely full.
“Hey Nogrod, can we borrow your cigarette?” asked Aganzir.
Nogrod handed over his lit cigarette to Sally who stuck it into the dynamite.
“Everybody better stand back,” Durelin warned.

Several seconds later, a loud KABOOM echoed throughout the forest. Where Nilpaurion had once stood was now only smoke.
“You’re right, Eomer,” said Eönwë. “Blowing things up is pretty awesome.”
“Though rather messy,” Formendacil added, wiping bits of Nilpaurion from his glasses.
“It’s just too bad Nilp wasn’t a werewolf after all,” commented Kitanna.
“Oh well,” sighed Nogrod. “Hopefully we’ll get it right one of these days..”

---------------------------------------------
The Living:

Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Boromir88~the one upper
Kath~artiste
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)
Nilpaurion Felagund~ Ainulindalë Addict~had a mouthful of dynamite (ordo)

---------------------------------------------------------

Night 4 has begun.

Wolves start PMing. Gifteds send me your choices. Everyone else should be quiet.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #352
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

The next night’s kill was done quickly. The wolves crept into their victim’s tent and snapped her neck before she could even shout out.
“Well that was easy,” said one wolf.
“Hey look what I found!” The second wolf held up a small book.
The third wolf’s eyes opened wide in shock. “It can’t be!”
“I say this calls for a celebration,” said the first wolf. “Perhaps a special meal…how should we serve her?”
“How about a shepherd’s pie?” the second wolf suggested.
“We’re in the middle of a forest, silly. How could we possibly bake a pie?” the third wolf replied.
“Ooh! Ooh! I know! Why don’t we make s’mores out of her?” the second wolf thought up.
“Mmm…that does sound quite tasty,” said the first wolf.

So the werewolves divided their victim into smaller parts and stuck her on sticks to roast over the campfire. When she was nice and gooey, the wolves removed their sticks from the fire and pressed her in between squares of graham crackers and chocolate. They all took a bite from their s’mores, savouring the sweet taste that melted on their tongues.
“Yum, this is much better than melted marshmallows,” said one wolf.
“Agreed,” replied the other two, their mouths full.

-------------------------------

The next day, the BDers woke to discover another present sitting in the middle of the camp. They were all slightly hesitant to pick it up, fearful of what they might find.
Finally, it was Aganzir who read the tag: “Hahahahahaha! We ate your seer! Now you’ll never catch us! Lots of love, Your not-so-friendly neighbourhood wolves.”

The BDers opened the box to find a book….or rather a journal entitled Durelin’s Dream Diary. Sally tore open the journal only to find that all the pages had been ripped out.
“#$@#&!!!!!” cursed Nogrod.
“Now we really better lynch the right person today,” said Kitanna.

--------------------------------

The Living:

Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Boromir88~the one upper
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)
Nilpaurion Felagund~ Ainulindalë Addict~had a mouthful of dynamite (ordo)
Durelin~ Unreliable RPG Addict~made a delicious s’more (moderator seer)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Day 4 has begun.

Wolves stop PMing. Everyone now may post.

Last edited by Brinniel; 07-11-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #353
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
....Lovely.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #354
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

You would think so, wouldn't you wolf boy?

Well isn't that just wizard. We lost our seer. I'll go through her posts and stuff later, but for now I need a nap. Be back later. (Oh, and I'll put up a vote tally then for anyone who's interested.)
Old 07-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #355
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Cute, Sally dear.

I just ran back and looked through all twelve of Durelin's posts...

#25 - Purely IC first post.

#60 - Amused by Eomer. Amused by Boro. Likes Form. Thinks Kitanna is boring. Amused by Sixth. "Nogrod's role is just too Nogrod." Wants to see how long Nilp keeps his role up. Amused by EW. Laughs at Eonwe's first post.

#106 - Loves how people create conspiracy theories through the banter. Mentions that Nerwen coined the Agan/Nilp/Form brawl. Thinks Nerwen to be an easy lynch. Bothered by Kitanna. Votes Kitanna.

#114 - Adds Nerwen to the Agan/Nilp/Form brawl.

-------------------------------------

#252 - Apologizes for missing a day. Wonders how EW was lynched. Wants to look at Kitanna, Eonwe, Mith, and Ka with regards to Nerwen. Thinks Nogrod and Boro haven't been paid enough attention. Likes Nogrod's vote, and likes Boro's day 1 attitude. Thinks Eonwe is a possible spammer.

#290 - Save.

#295 - Professes to be clueless. Thinks that Rikae, Kitanna, Aganzir, and Boro are innocent, (bit of a turnaround on Kitanna here) because they were consistently against Nerwen. Thinks Rikae is the most innocent and Boro the least out of this group. However, thinks Boro and Agan seemed a bit "neat", and remarks that both their three top suspects were the same (EW, Sixth, Nerwen) and that two were lynched and the third a wolf, and that neither Boro nor Agan ever voted for Nerwen. Mentions Boro's remark, "Nerwen, I'll be gunning for you tomorrow." as conveniently placed.

Thoughts on others:

Eonwe probably innocent because of his interaction with Nerwen.

Nogrod and Eomer "sorta defended Nerwen but not really". Thinks Nogrod the more obvious of the two.

Nilp was pretty neutral about Nerwen.

Sally also held a middle ground policy regarding Nerwen.

Shasta (hey, that's me!) kept what he said about Nerwen as neutral observation and put Nerwen on an innocent list with Mith.

Mith, Kat, and Form all avoided talking about Nerwen for the most part.

Thinks that based on the wolf kills, we probably have a Nogwolf.

#298 - Puts up a suspicious list.

Shasta
Mith
Sally
Eomer
Nogrod

Likes Shasta with his arguments of principles; thinks he might be a wolf.

Says Mith and Sally feel slippery.

Is bothered by Eomer.

"It just seems so right for Nogrod to be a wolf right now."

Still thinks Eonwe is cheesy.

#309 - Replies to Mith, correcting an impression about which post she paraphrased. Wishes Shasta and Eomer would just duel already.

#316 - Keeps thinking of McCaber as a wolf kill. Thinks Nogrod would be the one to take down the quiet ones.

#337 - Waiting to vote Shasta or Mith, never says why.

#342 - Thinks Eomer was probably important from the way he was acting. Votes Mith.

Thoughts -

With the number of times Durelin was suspicious of Nogrod "just because", I have to wonder if she didn't dream him and find that he was a wolf. And the turnaround on Kitanna (suspicion Day 1, followed by nothing, then thinks her innocent Day 3), makes her seem another likely Seer dream.

Edit: Removed an open bold tag.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM   #356
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I do agree with your interpretation of the turn-around with Kitanna, Shasta. And I might be dropping my case against her at the moment as Dury voted for Kit on Day 1 and then on Day3 thought her innocent because she voted for Nerwen on Day1. That could be enough and we might think she probably dreamt of Kitanna on her first Night of dreaming. But why did she say then in the beginning of Day3 that she wished to look more closely at Kitanna, Eönwë, Mith & The Ka? And why was her only defence of her innocence the fact she voted for Nerwen on Day1?

I'm not too sure we can wash Kitanna free with this evidence... but why does Shasta wish to make us think like that, overdoing Dury's "release" of Kitanna which is doubtful in the first place when one watches the evidence. She thought her innocent along with Rikae, Aganzir and Boro because of their votes. She didn't say she was especially innocent - on the contrary she said Rikae looked the most innocent of the four...

The next thing I'd like to bring forwards is this (nothing to do with Dury's status as the seer I guess but we might think this a good advice as we now know she was innocent and thence wasn't pulling our legs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Mith, Ka, and Formendacil all seemed to have avoided talking about Nerwen at all, really.
Exactly. I'm still thinking Mith is a wolf and The Ka might be one as well - or then Form but somehow I'm feeling he's not a wolf.

Dury's post #298 is really a baffling experience. Here it is in it's entirety:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Alright, some conclusions from my ramblings:

Vaguely in order of suspicion (vaguely because I am incredibly indecisive):

Shasta
Mith
Sally
Eomer
Nogrod

Aganzir makes good points about Nilp I guess, but I'm just not feeling it.

I really like Shasta right now, with his arguing of principles and such, which is why I think he might well be a wolf.

Mith and Sally feel slippery. It seems like they're trying to be...nice.

Eomer bothers me. He's channeling phantom-ness.

It just seems so right for Nogrod to be a wolf right now.

Sally - Eonwe seems cheesy...he seems to me like he's trying too hard to be surprised at things, to be interested in things, to look like he's doing something...you know, bad acting.
Now Shasta is her top suspect but still she thinks she likes him "right now" and thence he must be a wolf! Is this the seer notice? Making a kind of contradictory statement to make us realise she points to him? Anyway there seems to be no easy hints in her posting... So maybe this is a more cryptic way of doing it?

In the end she was ready to vote for either Shasta or Mith. Now that paraphrasing leads one to wonder whether she had dreamt of neither even if she voted for Mith (whom I believe is a wolf) in the end.

It is just too cryptic as adding my latest deductions she should have voted for Shasta.... (so there goeas my theory)

Or then she was more careful we think she was but got bad luck being killed even if there was no point in her suspicions... Somehow I just can't believe it fully...

Edit: Corrected a host of typos & added the last sentence

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-10-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #357
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
With the number of times Durelin was suspicious of Nogrod "just because", I have to wonder if she didn't dream him and find that he was a wolf.
I'd like to look at Durelin's posts myself to see what I can draw from this theory. Durelin was never out right with her suspicions. Probably to avoid detection from the hackers and to avoid suspicion from the village. If she did dream of Nogrod as a hacker it would make sense why she never voted or cast "damning" evidence onto him. That would have ended her life sooner or drawn her out so she had to reveal her role before she was ready.

But Durelin may have had bigger suspicions she didn't vocalize, but did dream of and Nogrod was nothing more than a suspicion and she didn't dream of him. Since Durelin is now dead it's all guess work as to who she dreamed of and when.

But what about Shasta and Mith as her voting candidates for yesterday's vote? Could she have voted for one of them and found one of them a wolf? If that's the case she might have dreamt of Mith. Or those were two she wanted to dream of and never got the chance. If that's the case maybe it put the hackers on edge that someone was on to them.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #358
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I'm not too sure we can wash Kitanna free with this evidence... but why does Shasta wish to make us think like that, overdoing Dury's "release" of Kitanna which is doubtful in the first place when one watches the evidence.
"Overdoing"? I simply stated a thought.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #359
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
"Overdoing"? I simply stated a thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
(Dury) Thinks that Rikae, Kitanna, Aganzir, and Boro are innocent, (bit of a turnaround on Kitanna here) because they were consistently against Nerwen
the turnaround on Kitanna (suspicion Day 1, followed by nothing, then thinks her innocent Day 3), makes her seem another likely Seer dream.
Now you were clearly implying she was her dream but from what I saw that is not such an easy thing (refer to my earlier post)... But anyways I'm not wishing to follow this Kit -path toDay so much as there is the chance you're right (or more potently - Dury was right) as I'm wishing to see Mith lynched toDay. I'll bet a nice sum for her being a wolf.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #360
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Durelin's death does not make things any easier, that's for sure, though presumably her suspicions give us more to go on than most dead people's, as she had some actual knowledge and wasn't out to mislead the village--though if she attempted to mislead the wolves, we'll have to be careful with our weeding.

I'm inclined to agree with the theory that Kitanna is most likely innocent. Durelin suspected her on Day 1, and she would thus have been the most obvious candidate for a dream that night. Though not conclusive on that evidence, the ensuing turn-around strengthens considerably the probability that Durelin found her innocent.

Together with our self-declared ranger, who although definitely not conclusively innocent has a case that is close enough to certain that I'm willing to take the leap on it. If Eomer is not the real hunter, then we either have a very quiet and cunning who bides his/her time, or else we have a hunter who posts only near the middle of the day. Either/both are possible, but I'm inclined not to think such about either.

As another random thought... Mith's near brush with death yesterday should not absolve her of lupinity. All too often, I think in these games, the runner-up in a voting race can slip back under the radar the next day, completely ignored.

I'm also still suspicious of Nogrod, and the more so as we keep cutting down innocents, but I have nothing to back this up, except Durelin's inclusion of him on her suspicion list--albeit at the very end, which suggests she did not dream about him at all, although I suppose there's the faint chance than when she listed them "in order of suspicion" that she put the most suspicious last... but I'm really not confident in that possibility.