The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #241
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well not that it really matters anymore

++EW
Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. That's it then.

++ Kitanna

On principle as it doesn't matter any more.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #243
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Actually, she usually is a loudmouth.
I prefer "loquacious" myself.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #244
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
It's not a part of my vocabulary.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #245
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline. Silence everyone!

The Elf-Warrior has been lynched. Narration will come...
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #246
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Are you sure you're not also "pugnacious"

edit: oooops!
Old 07-06-2008, 05:01 PM   #247
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
It's not a part of my vocabulary.

Not in hers either. She picked it up in....*GASP*....Harry Potter!

(Kidding, kidding. I love the word loquacious, by the way. )

EDIT: X'd with Eon and the Modgoddess. Please don't smite me oh ye of fantastic narration *bows*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #248
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 2

The second day was almost as messy as the first. Accusations were flung left and right. It seemed there weren’t any BDers that were not under scrutiny.
Formendacil complained that no wolf kill made it even more difficult for analyzing, while Sally retorted, “How could you?! Give the ranger some credit, for gosh sake!”

Finally two lynching candidates were brought forward: Eönwë and The Elf-Warrior.
“Alright, so everyone has to vote for either Eönwë or Elf-Warrior,” Rikae announced.
“Wait,” Boromir interjected. “Why should we only have two candidates? Can’t we start a third bandwagon against Nerwen?”
“No,” Nerwen quickly replied.
“Okay fine,” Boromir grumbled.
“Let’s vote already,” stated Nilpaurion. “Raise your hand if you want to lynch Eönwë.” Four raised their hands. “Okay…and raise your hand if you want to kill Elf-Warrior.” Nine raised their hands.
“Hold on…not everyone voted,” Shasta noticed. “Who do you want to lynch, Kitanna and Nogrod?”
Aganzir,” said Kitanna.
Kitanna,” said Nogod.
“Well you two didn’t vote for the finalists, so I say they don’t count!” commented Aganzir. “What about you, Kath?”
Kath hesitated. “Umm….I’d rather not vote?”
“That leaves only one non-voter,” observed Sally. “Where’s Durelin?” But Durelin had never emerged from her tent. The BDers could still hear her snoring, rather loudly.
“No matter,” Eönwë said. “Elf-Warrior still got more than twice the amount of votes than me. I say we kill him now!”
“But wait…” Ka spoke up. “Remember our mistake yesterday? What if Elf-Warrior is not a hacker?”
“I have an idea,” said Mithalwen. “Let’s tie him up and dump him in the lake. And if he floats…well then, that must mean he’s a hacker and we can kill him.”
“Yeah,” agreed Formendacil. “That does make sense.”

The other BDers had to agree that Mithalwen’s idea was quite a logical one. So they tied Elf-Warrior up and carried him to the docks of the lake where they dropped him. The Elf-Warrior fell with a big splash, then disappeared. The BDers waited 1…2…3 minutes. After a full five minutes, the Elf-Warrior still had not emerged.

“Well, I guess he wasn’t a hacker after all,” spoke Eomer.

------------------------------------------------

The Living:

Nilpaurion Felagund~Ainulindalë Addict
Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Nerwen~rabid fangirl
Boromir88~the one upper
Kath~artiste
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)

--------------------------------------------------------

Night 3 has begun.

Hackers may PM and choose a kill. Gifteds, send me your choices.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #249
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 3

When the hacker arrived at the usual meeting place, her two companions were already there.
“You’re late,” said the larger one.
“so what im l8te,” she replied. “im hre now so lets strt pl@nning. who r we gonna kil?”
“Look,” the smaller hacker said. “The two of us were talking while waiting, and we’ve decided we would be better off if you were no longer part of the team.”
“What!!!111” the hacker was shocked. “thats stoopid.”
“Not really,” commented the first hacker. “I mean, you can’t even speak proper English. And how are we supposed to work with you when everyone can hardly understand you?”
“so what u gonna do? Kik me ut? Send me paking?”
“Err…not exactly. You see, due to the events of last night, the two of us are more than hungry. So instead of just one, we’d like to have two meals tonight.”
“OMG, what?!!!!” cried out the hacker. “u cant eat me!!!111”
“Sure we can,” her former teammates replied. “Just you watch.”
“Mut1ny!!! Mut1ny!!!” screamed the poor hacker as she backed away.
“Mutiny?” questioned the smaller hacker. “This isn’t mutiny. We don’t even have a designated leader. Do you even know what mutiny means?”
“no. I jst wantd to sund smart.” She continued to wiggle and squirm as the others attempted to grab hold of her.
“Now hold still so we can eat you,” said the larger hacker.
“Nevr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” she cried.
“But don’t you understand? We’re just asking for a simple sacrifice. You wouldn’t want to see your fellow hackers starve, would you?”
“noo…but i wont let u eat me.”
“Not even for….a Legolas poster?”
The young hacker turned up her nose. “i alrdy have 100 of thse.”
“With an authentic autograph by Orlando Bloom?”
“lemme see!!”
The other hackers handed her the poster and she stared at admiringly.
“ZOMG Leggy is soo HAWT!!!111”
“So it’s a deal then?” asked the larger hacker. “Your flesh for the hot Legolas poster?”
“o k.”

So as the fangirl hacker stared at her poster, the other two hackers prepared a stew over the firepit. When the water was boiling, they chopped her into tiny bits and dumped her into a pot. Aside from the occasional mouthfuls of fur, it was one of the best meals they ever had.

Now with only two of them left, it suddenly seemed very lonely.
“Now this just won’t do,” said one hacker. “We should find someone to replace our last mate. And perhaps not eat them this time.”
“Good call,” replied the other. “And I have just the idea on which BDer to turn…”

--------------------------------------------

When the BDer woke, it was still dark. All that could be seen was blackness. So why had they awoken? Then suddenly…a noise. Before the BDer could move, a sharp pain shot through their arm as teeth sunk into flesh.
“Ow!” the BDer yelped. “Something bit me!”
The bitten BDer scurried for a flashlight and flipped the switch. Expecting to see some wild animal, they instead saw two familiar shapes.
“Hey, what are you guys doing in here?” the BDer wondered. “And what happened to your faces?” A pause. “Wait a minute….you can’t be….the hackers?!”
The BDer grabbed a can of bug spray and held it in front of the two hackers. “Stay back! I have pest repellent and I’m not afraid to use it.”
“No need to worry, friend,” one of the hackers finally spoke. “You’re one of us now.”
“What?”
“You see,” said the other hacker. “We didn’t bite you just for taste. It won’t be long before you’re just as furry as us. There’s no turning back.”
“You mean…I get to be evil now?” The thought of such a thrill made the BDer’s stomach flutter with excitement. Or maybe it was just growling with hunger…
“Yep.”
“So does that mean you’ll teach me how to create viruses?”
“Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves,” the first hacker replied. “You have to earn that. For now, we just need your help brutally slaughtering innocent campers.”
“I don’t see the harm in that,” said the newly turned hackers. “So who do we get to kill tonight?”

-----------------------------------------------------

The next morning the BDers woke to find a large gift wrapped box sitting in the middle of the camp. Nogrod picked it up and read the tag aloud: “Haha stoopid BDrs. Evin dead i can stil mes w/ ur minds. U wil nevr cach teh oders!!!111 ges how mny threr ar now!!!111 p.s. plz send my remans to Orli XOXOXO
Shasta quickly translated for the puzzled others. Then the BDers opened the box to find it full of bones.
“Well by the chatspeak I’m guessing this must be Nerwen,” Sally observed.
“It makes sense considering how annoying she was with all that bad grammar,” said Mithalwen. “Though I wonder why she’s dead…is this some sort of trick?”
Meanwhile Aganzir raked through the bones. “My my Nerwen, what very large teeth you had,” she held up an abnormally large tooth.
“Hey,” Formendacil spoke up as he counted heads. “Someone else is missing.”

The BDers searched each tent until they came to the very last one. What they saw was what remained of the bloody mess that had once been Kath. Laying beside her was a piece of paper written in blood.
Eomer picked it up. “It’s a poem.”

It read:

Pain surrounds me
As teeth tear into my soft pale flesh
I am exposed
I cannot run.
I cannot hide.
It’s too late for that.
Why can no one hear my screams?
Bloodcurdling, they echo through my tent
But the others, they are all heavy sleepers
Blast them.
Blast them all.
All is cold.
I am fading quickly
As I watch them chew my heart.
Avenge me!
Lynch them!
Curse you werewolves.
Curse. You.

“Aww, poor Kath,” sighed Kitanna.
“Werewolves?” wondered Ka. “You mean, werewolves actually exist?”
“Of course they do,” Durelin replied. “Though…I thought it was hackers we were dealing with.”
“Well it seems our bad guys are much more than hackers,” Boromir stated.
“Oh dear,” muttered Eönwë.
“Looks like we’ve been caught in a real life version of a Werewolf game,” Rikae concluded.

----------------------------------------------------

The Living:

Nilpaurion Felagund~Ainulindalë Addict
Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Boromir88~the one upper
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker~didn’t know how to float (ordo)
Nerwen~ rabid fangirl~willingly traded her life for an autographed Legolas poster (hacker/werewolf)
Kath~artiste~wrote her last poem (ordo)

------------------------------------------------

Day 3 has begun.

Wolves stop PMing. Everyone be noisy.

Last edited by Brinniel; 07-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 PM   #250
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Why Kath?! She hadn't even gotten to play yet!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #251
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So much for getting enough sleep...

But I rather stay up late and post, and just vote in the morning.

I didn't expect Kath to die. A kill that leaves practically no tracks it is, at least... Anyway, did the ranger protect her on night 2? It sounds likely but I don't think we can be completely sure of it. The person the ranger protected might have become a wolf (though in my opinion it would have been unfair to turn a known innocent), or the wolves might have wanted to make the ranger feel insecure about that person's innocence.

I feel pretty positive about Nilp's guilt. Yesterday I said he and Nerwen looked like fellow wolves, and I still think so, the more as Nerwen was revealed to be a wolf. Also, I wonder if I should start watching Eönwë a bit more closely now, since last night I had a dream he and Nilp were the wolves.

Anyway. I read through the thread during the night and made some notes (and if Nog even starts saying that I must be a wolf because an innocent wouldn't spend time on it when she can't be certain of her own survival, I'll get angry ).

Kitanna is bugging me. Her first post is too random to sound innocent. I don't follow her logic - what on earth is suspicious in being eg. the second to vote someone or the one whose vote causes a tie? But then in other posts she just looks so innocent that I have no idea what to think of her, and she voted for Nerwen on day 1 when there was a chance that she might have been lynched, given the amount of suspicion she had gained even then. I'm totally at loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I think Nogrod has a good point about people backing off from suspecting Nerwen.
When I wrote this, I thought those (well not all of them, but it was a possibility) suspecting and later backing off from Nerwen might be wolves testing the ice (this was thought assuming that Nerwen was innocent), or fellow wolves who had agreed to suspect each other a little. So IC reasons or not, I'm wary of those. Especially Nilp, but that wasn't a surprise.

Nilp found everyone who voted for Mith on day 1 suspicious. He also thought Rikae's vote for Nerwen (with good reasons, in my opinion) was eyebrow-raising. I don't know if Nilp would be so obvious as to suspect everyone who suspected his fellow wolves, and it doesn't make me any more certain about Mith's guilt. However, his opinion of Rikae's vote makes me more certain of his own guilt.

The most suspicious thing about Form is that he keeps insisting at least one wolf voted for Sixth and bases his case on that.
Just the same way I could say that statistically it is likely that at least one wolf is among the four first persons on the player list (excluding myself), and analyse Nilp, Kitanna, Shasta and Boro, being confident that one of them is a wolf.

Somehow I feel uncomfortable with how Eomer seemed to be trying to assure EW was suspicious, not a wolf but maybe the cobbler, yesterday. It was pretty clear EW would be the easy lynch, and it looks like Eomer was just trying to find a reason to justify a vote for him.
Or maybe it's just that I didn't find EW particularly suspicious and didn't really understand why others did. Anyway, I don't like it anyway.

Innocent
Boro
Shasta
Nogrod
Rikae
Mith
Eönwë

Guilty
Nilp
Form

(Ooh see the Agan/Nilp/Form brawl is coming! A pity that Nerwen is dead already.)
Kitanna (I rather label her as guilty than innocent. Though I won't be voting for her yet.)

Neither
Eomer
Durelin
sally
Ka

Psst, Brinn, you still have Kath on the living list.

Off to sleep. Mr. Felagund, I will vote for you in five hours unless you come up with something witty.

edit: xed with Shasta
Old 07-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #252
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I guess I need to start with an apology - SORRY! I still can't believe I totally missed a Day. I was visiting relatives for most of it, but I should have had time to post a few times early in the Day, at least...if I had remembered. How...unreliable of me.

So, need to read up more, but right now I'm wondering how the heck Elf-warrior got lynched. Mostly people's complaints seemed to be that he wasn't helpful enough, or was just being too weird or something. Easy pickins, but what's new? This game is democratic. But also, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

So, unfortunately for two of the wolves, we have connections between them and Nerwen to draw.

I want to look at:
Kitanna
Eonwe
Mith
Ka

Also, Nogrod and Boro haven't been getting nearly enough attention. But really, I feel good about Nogrod's vote, because I like sticking to principles. And I liked Boro's attitude on Day 1 anyway. Day 2 I need to look at...obviously.

Eonwe seems cheesy. Maybe he is the spammer.

Edit: Crossed with Agan
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #253
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And I was just thinking I'd like to see more of Durelin today...

Off to see what I can do to make myself feel helpful, now that Nerwen is gone and I'm out of a job...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #254
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Psst, Brinn, you still have Kath on the living list.
Whoops, my bad...

All fixed.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #255
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
The most suspicious thing about Form is that he keeps insisting at least one wolf voted for Sixth and bases his case on that.
Just the same way I could say that statistically it is likely that at least one wolf is among the four first persons on the player list (excluding myself), and analyse Nilp, Kitanna, Shasta and Boro, being confident that one of them is a wolf.
You have to pardon my Philosophy Major/English Minor tendency that comes forward here, Agan, but as the former I am aware of the importance of exact wording and as the latter I'm aware of the nuance of exact words. If I may make a slight correction to this statement--which is essentially true enough--I do not keep insisting there is a wolf among the Sixth-voters. Rather, I kept bringing it up. More importantly, however, it is not that I was certain that a wolf was among those numbers, but rather that it seemed a very good possibility--and given the size of the village and the difficulty of a random shotgun approach to analysing gut feelings about everyone else, I chose to focus in on five particular voters.

In a similar way, I'm probably going focus on the Elf-warrior voters from yesterday. It's not that I think a wolf necessarily hides there (excepting, maybe, our newly-bitten wolf), for indeed it would be quite sensible for the wolves to avoid so obvious a bandwaggon, since they certainly knew EW was not one of their own, but I think it possible, nonetheless, that there is one, and focusing on the voters of the most numerous bandwaggon gives me a narrowed field to concentrate on--which is important, given the lack of endless time in my life. Unlike some people, I am working this summer.

On first impression, there is nothing remarkable about the EW voters--with the single exception that EW's innocence leads me to think, with little enough good reason, that Mith might be innocent.

More later.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #256
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

Votes from yestre DAY:
09:50pm Nilp - Eönwë (Eönwë - 1)
11:14pm Kit - Agan (Eönwë - 1, Agan - 1)
04:03am Erenor - EW (Eönwë - 1, Agan - 1, EW - 1)
05:11am THE Ka - Eönwë (Eönwë - 2, Agan - 1, EW - 1)
05:30am EW - Eönwë (Eönwë - 3, Agan - 1, EW - 1)
05:48am Form - EW (Eönwë - 3, Agan - 1, EW - 2)
05:58am Eomer - EW (Eönwë - 3, Agan - 1, EW - 3)
06:26am Shasta - Eönwë (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 3)
06:28am Eönwë - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 4)
06:29am Rikae - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 5)
06:33am Nerwen - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 6)
06:54am sally - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 7)
06:56am Boro - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 8)
06:58am Agan - EW (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 9)
06:59am Nogrod - Kit (Eönwë - 4, Agan - 1, EW - 9, Kit - 1)

And from DAY 1:
09:49pm Form - Nogrod (Nogrod - 1)
12:50am Kit - Nerwen (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1)
05:29am sally - VI (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1)
05:51am Erenor - sally (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1)
06:18am Eomer - Mith (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 1)
06:25am Eönwë - Mith (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2)
06:28am Kath - Eönwë (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1)
06:35am THE Ka - Rikae (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1)
06:37am Durelin - Kit (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:42am Boro - VI (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:48am Nilp - Eönwë (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 1, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:50am Rikae - Nerwen (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 2, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:54am EW - VI (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 2, VI - 3, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:55am Nerwen - Eönwë (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 2, VI - 3, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:56am Agan - VI (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 2, VI - 4, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
06:59am Nogrod - VI (Nogrod - 1, Nerwen - 2, VI - 5, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Interesting points:
  • sally, Boro, and Agan voted for the same person two DAYs in the row, and they voted for the eventual lynchees.

• Agan said this toDAY:
    Quote:
    Somehow I feel uncomfortable with how Eomer seemed to be trying to assure EW was suspicious, not a wolf but maybe the cobbler, yesterday. It was pretty clear EW would be the easy lynch, and it looks like Eomer was just trying to find a reason to justify a vote for him.
    Or maybe it's just that I didn't find EW particularly suspicious and didn't really understand why others did. Anyway, I don't like it anyway. (Aganzir)
    Then why vote for him at the end of the DAY when he was sure to be lynched? Why didn't you join Nogrod in a token vote for . . . someone you actually suspect? This almost-casual throwing of votes does not innocent feel.

If you are guilty of shedding innocent blood then you might as well accept your part in it. EW was suspicious, and were I online near the end of DAY I would have voted for him, too. Washing your hands, does not, again, innocent feel.

Hmm, you did advocate for having Nerwen lynched yesterDAY, which . . . speaks for your innocence, interestingly, but how do you explain this?
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
    I would prefer Nerwen, because me suspect she be the spammer.
    Me too. Though I'm not really sure - Nerwen posts while EW doesn't, but she's also so much more suspicious, yet she doesn't have any votes yet whereas EW has three. (Aganzir)
    You preferred to vote for a dead weight (your words) with three votes than for someone you think is guilty?!?! With 10 votes still left to cast then surely you and Boro could have done something. I mean, you've been suspecting her since 153. Surely if you had been serious in your accusation you would have done much better in trying to get her lynched? Or is that all you've got? (Then I might not get the enjoyment of getting ÷÷Nilpaurion Felagund** toDAY. )

• On a related note:
    Quote:
    [ I]t would be quite sensible for the wolves to avoid so obvious a bandwaggon, since they certainly knew EW was not one of their own [ . . . ] (FormenDAGA)
    I think that, considering the number of those who voted for EW (more than half the village, to be exact), there has to be at least one--excluding the dead Nerwen.

• I would bet my eightscore centuries-long life on Rikae's innocence, unless the Seer prove me wrong, which I doubt.

Notes:
  • Re the NIGHT kill: perhaps the Ranger (dashing fellow that he is) dissuaded Hackers from attacking, erm, more energetic members of the community, and decided to go for a surer kill, albeit one less likely to bring the Seer down. If that's true then it may show that the Hackers are confident that the village, and perhaps even the Seer, is barking up the wrong tree . . .

• Someone changed sides toDAY. Remember that.
The plot, cut, defeated.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 07-09-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: EDIT1: maths! corrected vote counts for DAY 2 EDIT2: Arbitrator -> Arbitratess EDIT3: vote count after Nogrod's vote
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #257
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmmm... this is a most quiet village indeed. I haven't posted all that often, due to work and such, but I have a strange feeling, as though I'm in the upper rather than the lower ranks for posting on this thread... and this is the slowest start to a Day we've had yet.

Makes it that much harder to spot werewolves, of course, if I may be permitted to continue in the pessimistic vein I seem to have been characterised as following throughout this game.

Anyway, to my analysis of those who voted for Elf-warrior.

Nilp - Eönwë
Kitanna - Aganzir
Mithalwen - Elf-Warrior
Ka - Eönwë
Elf-Warrior - Eönwë
Form - Elf-Warrior
Eomer - Elf-Warrior
Shastanis Althreduin - Eönwë
Eönwë - Elf-Warrior
Rikae - Elf-Warrior
Nerwen - Elf-Warrior
Sally - Elf-Warrior
Boromir88 - Elf-Warrior
Aganzir - Elf-Warrior
Nogrod = Kitanna

Which makes for a total of 9 votes for Elf-Warrior, 4 votes for Eönwë, and 1 each for Aganzir and Kitanna, plus whoever abstained (Kath and Durelin for sure).

I sincerely hope, given the sheer number of EW votes, that I won't be considered odd for thinking there's a wolf hidden in them somewhere--although I'm actually inclined to think otherwise, given how absolutely bandwaggonish they are. Indeed, after Rikae's vote, they are all essentially tacked on: they neither assisted in getting EW dead (save insofar as they didn't increase the Eönwë count), nor did they come with much in the way of justification.

Nerwen, of course, is since proved a wolf, and she's the first of the four random votes that just got tacked on the in the last minutes. The fact that there's one known wolf in that number makes me suspect that another is unlikely to hide there (although there's alway the newly-bitten to consider), but the case could also be made that where one thought it safe to hide, another might also--especially since Nerwen was already garnering sufficient attention that another wolf doing likewise might well hope to lie hid.

I'll be back later with more thoughts... going to go stew over it for a while first.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #258
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's getting 6AM here and I'm still awake... hopefully not for long anymore.

But let's take advantage of the fact that we now know Nerwen was a wolf! (how wrong was I!)

So how were different people related to her? I'd be most interested now by those who didn't make a point on her as all the rest of the people were talking about her. A fellow wolf would have stayed quiet or been careful with her/his points on Nerwen as one would not like to be associated with one who is "the talk of the town" like Nerwen was...

I'll try to look at this problematic tomorrow as I awake.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #259
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Thanks to a couple power failures (thank you, July thunderstorms), I am back somewhat later than I was planning, and without any analysis worked on, due to the absence of said power. What's more, my brain has gotten fuzzy and I'm ready for bed. Therefore, just a few thoughts rather than a longer analysis.

Mithalwen's early vote for EW absolves her of lupinity, from my point of view, since this was clearly not a wolf-on-wolf vote, though as a word of caution, it is possible that she knew that EW would be a prime suspect for the day, and cast her vote before would be a bandwaggon.

Formendacil: obviously, I'm innocent.

Eomer: gave EW that crucial third vote. Ancient history says that one should always be careful that EoR is not a wolf. I think that still holds, though it would be difficult to say exactly why I think that. If Eomer is a wolf, then Mithalwen very well could be too--banter between these two would be just the sort of Eomerian strategy I'd expect.

Eönwë : his vote gave EW the lead, but I'm not inclined to suspect him any more than I did yesterday. After all, he saved himself with his vote, which is the natural thing to do.

Rikae
: Strikes me as only slightly suspicious. Her vote put EW as the clear front-runner, but there were still enough votes to swing in Eonwe's favour.

Nerwen
: We already know this story.

Sally, Boromir88, and Aganzir all basically cast throwaway votes, and throwaway votes added to front-running bandwaggons are truly thrown away. With Sally I do not know what to make of this, having never played with her. With Boro, this is either a sign of his innocence (my current trend of thought) or else of his extreme cleverness (which is possible). I have not the presence of mind at this hour to discern which.

Agan's vote is highly similar to her first day's, in that it is clearly a throwaway, but while Day 1's vote met with my approval, this one does not. What was appropriate on Day 1 is not on Day 2. Now, part of this could just be Agan's style--I don't know--but I'm less confident of her than I was yesterday.

And, I know he didn't vote for EW, but I'll add a brief thought on Nogrod anyway. His vote, the very last, feels extra-thrown away, but I'm inclined to think this an indicator of innocence, since he makes himself quite visible indeed with this vote. Conversely, however, if Kitanna turns out to be a wolf, then I think this is damning evidence of his own guilt, since the fact he was harping on her so early would seem to be the sign of a pre-planning cover.

That's it for tonight... won't be back until about the final hour, probably, unless I get on very briefly in the morning.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:46 PM   #260
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I only have a little bit to post before bed. That leaves me time to skim and attempt to grasp a little bit of the end of Day2.

So judging by the voting record and what little I saw, EW was dropped (in some people's opinions) as dead weight. Rikae's vote doesn't come as much of a surprise, neither does Eonwe's (self-preservation and all, it appeared they were tied at the time). Of course this is really only what I've gathered from about twenty minutes of speed reading. I will be on soon after I wake up to do something more in depth. Perhaps I'll see what I can about those who voted for Eonwe seeing as only myself and Nogrod voted outside EW and Eonwe.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #261
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
You have to pardon my Philosophy Major/English Minor tendency that comes forward here, Agan
You are pardoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Then why vote for him at the end of the DAY when he was sure to be lynched? Why didn't you join Nogrod in a token vote for . . . someone you actually suspect? This almost-casual throwing of votes does not innocent feel.
Why should I have? My vote would have been a throwaway regardless of who I voted. And if I had voted for Nerwen, you would now be accusing me of trying to avoid the EW bandwagon in order not to look plain wolfish. Tsk tsk, come up with a better case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Washing your hands, does not, again, innocent feel.
Explain how I am washing my hands. I am guilty of not finding him a likely wolf but wanting him dead anyway, and at least I haven't noticed I should be trying to wriggle out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
Surely if you had been serious in your accusation you would have done much better in trying to get her lynched?
I was so confident about her guilt that I thought it would be easy to get her lynched any day, whereas non-posters are not easy to lynch later on when lynches to waste are growing scarce.

++ Nilpaurion Felagund
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #262
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I've been up to something but I fear that, if my initial suspicions were accurate, I have spoiled the plan a bit. I hope that's not the case.

I said Mithalwen is suspicious on Day 1. Night 2's attack was hidden from us. I thought it might have been directed at me, so I had to keep up the anti-Mithalwen sentiment on Day 2. Lo and behold, I'm not attacked. They don't think I'm the seer, and Mithalwen is innocent.

Only... I spoiled it yesterday by saying that I trusted Nerwen more. On Day 1 I said Nerwen was one of the wolves. The wolves could assume I wanted to dream about Nerwen, and me trusting her more indicates that I'm no seer but just got lucky with my Mithalwen vote.

But maybe they thought I dreamt of Eonwe, my other wolf....

And there's a new wolf today!

Well, as it stands, I'm not that suspicious of Mithalwen any more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was surprised to find that the Elf Warrior was an ordo. He seemed so obviously bad.

As to the Kath kill, because she had no suspicions whatsoever, it leads me to perhaps believe that not a single person in the village is right about anything! No-one is going after a wolf, so obviously no seer has dreamt of a wolf. What does this tell us? I'll post again in a few minutes.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #263
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

It tells us to think before you post. Stupid, half-baked idea. Forget it. I'll look through what different kill-choices entail.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #264
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Erm....I'm kind of a terrible person....heh....

Sorry I haven't checked in. I've been here most of the evening, but I had a rather interesting day at work so I just kind of turned off my brain when I got home....for like four hours apparently. Unfortunately, it's now almost 2am and it won't properly turn back on. Whoops. *shifty eyes*

Of Nerwen (and in Nerwen format, just for kicks): OH HAI GUYZ! LUK WE G0T R1D OF A WULF! YAYZ0RS! Okay, that kind of hurts my brain; done now. I'm sad she had to drop out, because it's a pity for her to not be able to play. However, I'm glad that we're rid of her. (You know what I mean.)

Problem is, dearies, we now have the same problem we had last game, to an extent, with a person being turned from innocent to wolf. So if we happen to catch that person toDay we'll be dern lucky. Go with me on this, if you will. I don't think the odds of us finding the flipped wolf are going to be very high, so let's not ignore it, but also not make it our top priority. (Not that I see that becoming a problem, just saying.) Just go with what we "know" already, unless of course something sticks out, then by all means go for it. Now then....onto another subject....

Of Kath (and in as close to her character format as I feel like coming): Alas, poor Kath, we knew her well....or, erm, not. She hardly posted. Why....the....bloody....devil....did the wolves kill her? Here's a crack theory for you: maybe they figured the ranger (especially after her spectacular save) would stay nice and quiet, and went after Kath to try to de-gifted the village? Huh? Huh? ....No? Okay, fine, whatever. Probably just a kill to leave no trail, especially since they were getting a new wolf last Night.

Randomly, to Durelin: Eon seems....cheesy? Maybe I'm too tired, but I don't get it. Could you explain that a bit? Sorry, just noticed that and figured I'd ask.

Oh yeah, we have a cobbler in this village. I keep forgetting for some reason. Which (sort of....) brings me to Master Noggie McNoggersons. (wow....I AM tired) He's acting....what's the word....meh, we'll stick with different. Maybe it's just me, but he seems too unlike himself. Distracted? No. Not the word. Blah. Stick with different. Anyway, it doesn't seem typical for him as an innocent, nor does it (though I'm obviously not the authority on this) seem like he's a wolf. Could he be our cobbler? Your thoughts, I can have them please.

Sorry, I should have posted earlier when I was more awake. Like I said, terrible person, but I'm exhausted; my apologies loves. I need some sleep. My computer's been acting up a bit so I don't know if I'll be able to pop in during my lunch break at work tomorrow closer to deadline. I don't see it being a problem, but I may vote in the morning (aka in like 7 hours or so) before I go to work just in case. I'll let you know when I wake up. Good night! Either sleep tight or post lots while I'm gone!

EDIT: sleepily x'd twice with Snoopy
Old 07-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #265
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I've been up to something but I fear that, if my initial suspicions were accurate, I have spoiled the plan a bit. I hope that's not the case.

I said Mithalwen is suspicious on Day 1. Night 2's attack was hidden from us. I thought it might have been directed at me, so I had to keep up the anti-Mithalwen sentiment on Day 2. Lo and behold, I'm not attacked. They don't think I'm the seer, and Mithalwen is innocent.

Only... I spoiled it yesterday by saying that I trusted Nerwen more. On Day 1 I said Nerwen was one of the wolves. The wolves could assume I wanted to dream about Nerwen, and me trusting her more indicates that I'm no seer but just got lucky with my Mithalwen vote.

But maybe they thought I dreamt of Eonwe, my other wolf....

And there's a new wolf today!

Well, as it stands, I'm not that suspicious of Mithalwen any more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was surprised to find that the Elf Warrior was an ordo. He seemed so obviously bad.

As to the Kath kill, because she had no suspicions whatsoever, it leads me to perhaps believe that not a single person in the village is right about anything! No-one is going after a wolf, so obviously no seer has dreamt of a wolf. What does this tell us? I'll post again in a few minutes.

Bwah??????????? *rereads* Blah, it still is weird. Eomer, what the devil are you talking about, mate? *hobbles away and vows to reread this post in the morning when her faculties are about her*
Old 07-09-2008, 01:21 AM   #266
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Well aren't we perceptive, considering that EW made exactly 5 posts in this topic; two of them banter, two of them votes, and the last making a note of his gender. Clearly, pure evil right there.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #267
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Kill Nilp: 2 votes for Eonwe. Obvious lead.
Kill Kitanna: Votes Aganzir Day 2. Lead.
Kill Mithalwen: Voted EW. Slight lead to Sally?
Kill Ka: Votes Rikae then Eonwe: Slight leads.
Kill Form: Voted EW. Slight lead to Nogrod?
Kill Eomer: Obvious lead to Mith.
Kill Shasta: Eonwe lead.
Kill Eonwe: Voted EW. Slight lead to Mithalwen.
Kill Rikae: Voted Nerwen then EW. No lead.
Kill sally: Voted Sixth and EW. No lead.
Kill Boromir: Voted Sixth and EW. No lead.
Kill Aganzir: Voted Sixth and EW. No lead.
Kill Nogrod: Lead to Kitanna.

The wolves killed Kath, and not because they thought she was the seer. They chose to give the village absolutely no leads. Why not kill, say Eomer, and set-up Mithalwen?

Eonwe doesn’t need setting up; he is under much suspicion already, and will remain that way for the rest of the game, probably. But Mith could be set up beautifully, and Kitanna and Aganzir too. (Nogrod and Sally slightly, but more dubiously.)

Sorry Mith, you’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 AM   #268
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Well aren't we perceptive, considering that EW made exactly 5 posts in this topic; two of them banter, two of them votes, and the last making a note of his gender. Clearly, pure evil right there.

I dislike disrespecting the dead, but EW's posts were so remarkably unhelpful that he was practically asking the village to lynch him.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #269
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:

I dislike disrespecting the dead, but EW's posts were so remarkably unhelpful that he was practically asking the village to lynch him.
Which is something a wolf would obviously NOT do, so...

I'm sorry, I still fail to see the logic behind this.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #270
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Not obvious, and I did rather think he was the cobbler. If he was obviously NOT a wolf then you, Shasta, must be seriously hacked off at the village right now.

Or perhaps you, with secret knowledge, have climbed to the moral high-ground here?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #271
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Not obvious, and I did rather think he was the cobbler. If he was obviously NOT a wolf then you, Shasta, must be seriously hacked off at the village right now.

Or perhaps you, with secret knowledge, have climbed to the moral high-ground here?
"Not obvious"? So a wolf would ask the village to lynch them? And if you thought he was the cobbler, you would have said as much, because the cobbler counts as an innocent in win-lose calculations, doesn't it? And I'm not "hacked off", but I am a little bit irritated, both at the lynch AND the wolf-kill, because both were aimed at people who through no fault of their own (definately in the case of Kath, probably in the case of EW), but rather RL-issues, were unable to really play.

And I don't understand your last comment. "Secret knowledge"? Just what are you implying, Eomer?
Old 07-09-2008, 01:53 AM   #272
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

Sorry, can't sleep, so I figured I'd have a go at this.

I have a big problem with this way of thinking. "So and so isn't being helpful, so let's kill him" is a baseless argument. Granted, by the time I voted there were three candidates and I didn't want to kill either of the others, hence why I voted why I did, but even I don't see the reasoning behind it (do with that what you will, it's the truth. I even said when I voted that I was picking the lesser of three evils)
Just because a person isn't posting much or isn't being helpful doesn't mean they're evil. That's along the same logic as "Donna posted tenth and the tenth post is always made by a wolf" or "Jackie didn't vote until David did both days so she must be following instructions from him". I just don't see the logic. (Granted, there are quiet wolves, but being only Day 2 it seems rather strange to accuse a person of unhelpfulness and lynch them for it. Again, being a bit of a hypocrite but as I said, I did what I thought best at the time.)
So the moral of the story is if you want to suggest lynching someone, fine, but find a better reason to do it than that they are not being as helpful as you'd like. Sorry if it's a bit blunt, but....erm, it's 3am, so bear with me.

Also, please do explain the post I quoted above. I realize I'm probably just stupid, but I'd appreciate it if you'd rephrase it so I don't misunderstand what you're talking about. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ignore my second example (regarding such people as Jackie and David). My brain frazzled in the middle of it and I actually put something that made sense. Obviously I'm leaving it in, but mostly so you all can laugh at my ineptness.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-09-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 AM   #273
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
"Not obvious"? So a wolf would ask the village to lynch them? And if you thought he was the cobbler, you would have said as much, because the cobbler counts as an innocent in win-lose calculations, doesn't it? And I'm not "hacked off", but I am a little bit irritated, both at the lynch AND the wolf-kill, because both were aimed at people who through no fault of their own (definately in the case of Kath, probably in the case of EW), but rather RL-issues, were unable to really play.

And I don't understand your last comment. "Secret knowledge"? Just what are you implying, Eomer?
A Wolf would not ask to be lynched (in normal circumstances) but a Wolf would quite easily want to be unhelpful. That's why it was not obvious that EW was innocent.

''Agree with many others here. Elf-Warrior has to go. He is clearly up to no good, whether he be hacker or spammer (and I am inclined to think he is more likely spammer).'' From post 203.

I did say as much.

You assumed that EW wasn't unhelpful, just short on time. You look at it one way, I another.

And I'm implying that you are a Wolf, eager to make himself look good by making a lot of other people look bad. We got it wrong, but at the time a number of us thought EW was guilty. I also noted that you found me suspicious yesterday and have found another reason to criticise me.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 AM   #274
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I have a big problem with this way of thinking. "So and so isn't being helpful, so let's kill him" is a baseless argument. Granted, by the time I voted there were three candidates and I didn't want to kill either of the others, hence why I voted why I did, but even I don't see the reasoning behind it (do with that what you will, it's the truth. I even said when I voted that I was picking the lesser of three evils)
Just because a person isn't posting much or isn't being helpful doesn't mean they're evil. That's along the same logic as "Donna posted tenth and the tenth post is always made by a wolf" or "Jackie didn't vote until David did both days so she must be following instructions from him". I just don't see the logic. (Granted, there are quiet wolves, but being only Day 2 it seems rather strange to accuse a person of unhelpfulness and lynch them for it. Again, being a bit of a hypocrite but as I said, I did what I thought best at the time.)
So the moral of the story is if you want to suggest lynching someone, fine, but find a better reason to do it than that they are not being as helpful as you'd like. Sorry if it's a bit blunt, but....erm, it's 3am, so bear with me.

Also, please do explain the post I quoted above.

EDIT: Ignore my second example (regarding such people as Jackie and David). My brain frazzled in the middle of it and I actually put something that made sense. Obviously I'm leaving it in, but mostly so you all can laugh at my ineptness.
Yeah, I really think your analogies don't work.

Elf Warrior was adding too little, and what he did add came with no insight or thoughts. I find such behaviour suspicious. I don't see what the big deal is here.

As to my post earlier which you claim not to understand, it basically amounts to this:

1. I suspected Mithalwen. Ranger stopped kill.

2. I thought I might have been targetted, due to Mithalwen's being wolvish and thinking I'm seer. Kept saying I was suspicious of Mith.

3. Did not get attacked, so wolves don't think I'm a big threat. Mithalwen probably innocent.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #275
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
A Wolf would not ask to be lynched (in normal circumstances) but a Wolf would quite easily want to be unhelpful. That's why it was not obvious that EW was innocent.

''Agree with many others here. Elf-Warrior has to go. He is clearly up to no good, whether he be hacker or spammer (and I am inclined to think he is more likely spammer).'' From post 203.

I did say as much.

You assumed that EW wasn't unhelpful, just short on time. You look at it one way, I another.

And I'm implying that you are a Wolf, eager to make himself look good by making a lot of other people look bad. We got it wrong, but at the time a number of us thought EW was guilty. I also noted that you found me suspicious yesterday and have found another reason to criticise me.
I took the liberty of adding the underline to your post, above. I don't understand how it was so "clear" to you that EW was bad, because I still think five content-less posts is hardly enough to use to be clear on someone's guilt or innocence.

And I never said that it was obvious that he was an innocent. I said that if it was clear to you that he was, quote, asking to be lynched, unquote (again, asking to be lynched in five posts?), then it should have been equally clear to you that no Wolf in their right mind would act in such a manner that was likely to lead to their lynching.

Also, I am not "making" anyone look bad. You're managing that quite easily on your own.

Edit: X'd with the second Eomer.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:39 AM   #276
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yeah, I really think your analogies don't work.

Elf Warrior was adding too little, and what he did add came with no insight or thoughts. I find such behaviour suspicious. I don't see what the big deal is here.

As to my post earlier which you claim not to understand, it basically amounts to this:

1. I suspected Mithalwen. Ranger stopped kill.

2. I thought I might have been targetted, due to Mithalwen's being wolvish and thinking I'm seer. Kept saying I was suspicious of Mith.

3. Did not get attacked, so wolves don't think I'm a big threat. Mithalwen probably innocent.

Heh. Indeed they don't.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Like I said, a bit tired, and it looked as if you were saying that....well, it doesn't matter now, I've figured it out. Thanks for clarifying. (P.S. It's not that I claim to not understand it. Heh, I really didn't. Hey, I warned you I'm a bit slow on the uptake didn't I? )

And on that note, I am really going to bed. I swear. Probably be back in *weeps* five hours or so. Night (again) everyone!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #277
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And another thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Isn't it a common wolf tactic to try and redirect suspicion onto the person suspecting you?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:57 AM   #278
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
I took the liberty of adding the underline to your post, above. I don't understand how it was so "clear" to you that EW was bad, because I still think five content-less posts is hardly enough to use to be clear on someone's guilt or innocence.

And I never said that it was obvious that he was an innocent. I said that if it was clear to you that he was, quote, asking to be lynched, unquote (again, asking to be lynched in five posts?), then it should have been equally clear to you that no Wolf in their right mind would act in such a manner that was likely to lead to their lynching.

Also, I am not "making" anyone look bad. You're managing that quite easily on your own.

Edit: X'd with the second Eomer.
Then it's agreed, Shasta? I'll just post nothing from now on except a vote and you'll have no reason to suspect me? Because how can content-less posts possibly be suspicious?

Also, the phrase ''asking to be lynched'' is just that -- a phrase. No, EW was not literally asking to be lynched. What that means is that he is acting suspiciously. Have you never encountered bold wolves? And it might not even have been boldness on EW's part -- perhaps he was just being quiet and trying to hide. Whether he meant to be provocative or not, the result was that he, along with his weird input, stood out from the crowd.

One more point: you highlight my use of the word 'clear'. If you want to grasp at that particular straw then you're welcome to, but sometimes people -- other than Formendacil of course -- use words incorrectly. ''It is clear that...'' and ''I really think that...'' are synonymous. I'm not writing an objective essay; I'm typing my opinions.

But really, it's been ages since my last proper Werewolf back-and-forth. It feels great. Cheers Shasta min!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:02 AM   #279
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Isn't it a common wolf tactic to try and redirect suspicion onto the person suspecting you?
I'm all-too-aware of this, that's why I'd be going far softer on you were I a wolf. My innocence gives me a freedom I'm not used to. I'm not at all concerned about being lynched, and as long as I'm battling in public the wolves should leave me alive.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 AM   #280
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Then it's agreed, Shasta? I'll just post nothing from now on except a vote and you'll have no reason to suspect me? Because how can content-less posts possibly be suspicious?

Also, the phrase ''asking to be lynched'' is just that -- a phrase. No, EW was not literally asking to be lynched. What that means is that he is acting suspiciously. Have you never encountered bold wolves? And it might not even have been boldness on EW's part -- perhaps he was just being quiet and trying to hide. Whether he meant to be provocative or not, the result was that he, along with his weird input, stood out from the crowd.

One more point: you highlight my use of the word 'clear'. If you want to grasp at that particular straw then you're welcome to, but sometimes people -- other than Formendacil of course -- use words incorrectly. ''It is clear that...'' and ''I really think that...'' are synonymous. I'm not writing an objective essay; I'm typing my opinions.

But really, it's been ages since my last proper Werewolf back-and-forth. It feels great. Cheers Shasta min!
I'll suspect you even more, because you're already shown that you've been active. EW seemed to be having RL-issues; happens to many people, hardly a solid foundation in which a suspicion should be based.

I am well-aware that "asking to be lynched" is just a phrase. Something had to occur, though, to make you use that particular phrase. And if it was EW's behavior, then it still should have followed that such behavior - the kind of behavior that attracts suspicion by conspicious noncontribution (is that a word?) - is not a behavioral pattern that a sane wolf would continue indefinately, especially as it's so easy to remedy. And if the reason you used that particular phrase was that he "stood out from the crowd"... why, all one has to do is look at Durelin. XD

And I'm not going to bother engaging you in a debate on the correct usage of the word "clear". I'll leave that to our resident grammar nazi... oh wait, he was lynched Day 1 after making one post.

Why thank you, Eomer, always glad to be of assistance.

Edit: Again, X'd with the second Eomer. And a "wolves do this, I'm not doing this, therefore I'm not a wolf" is a prime example of flawed logic.