The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #121
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++ Sixth

edit: xed with Nog
Old 07-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #122
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sixth and Eönwë 3
Nerwen & Mith 2

Anyone?

Let's not let the wolves make ties...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #123
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 4, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1

xed with Nog again
Old 07-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

One minute left so if you're about to vote, do it soon.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay then.

++ The Sixth Wizard

And Eönwë talks...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #126
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Still four votes left to come in then, I believe.

EDIT: x'd with our Nog-Not-Mod. Make that three votes still coming in.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #127
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline!

The Sixth Wizard has been lynched. Narration will come...be patient (I know it's tough ).
Old 07-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #128
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

I am part of no brawl. I certainly am no part of a brawl of four.

My exchange with Master Formendacil was made in pure jest. I fail to see why anyone continues to bring this up.

Quote:
I feel uncomfortable with the way Nilp is now turning accusations from Nerwen and Sixth to people who suspect(ed) them. (Aganzir)
Not merely those suspicious of them, but those eager for their blood, as you are, Aganzir.

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 07-04-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: oh-see bolding
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:05 PM   #129
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
r we stil alowed 2 talk?
Old 07-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #130
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
r we stil alowed 2 talk?
No, dear. Deadline's at six. Well, eleven, but six for me. Now hushabye.

EDIT: typo. And double points if you get the hushabye reference by the way.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 07-04-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:18 PM   #131
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Day 1

The day started out as a chaotic one. Nogrod attempted to bring order, but without the B-W and no real moderators out in the open, it was little use.

Nerwen continuously confused the poor others with her chatspeak and random “LEGGY IS HAWT” comments. And with Shasta hardly around, even the therapist Mithalwen couldn’t understand what she was saying. At one point, frustrated Eomer accused Nerwen of being stupid. Nerwen retorted, “No, u r STOOPID!!!11” But finally Nerwen chose to revert back to English much to the relief of everyone.

Meanwhile between Formendacil and Nilpaurion, it was battle of the intellectuals. They butted heads, yet it seemed only they knew what they were talking about. Except for perhaps Boromir, who claimed he knew everything. After all, he wrote the dictionary for it.

Aganzir spoke up complaining, “Why can’t everyone here just act normal? All this distraction is gonna keep us from original purpose…find the hackers.”
“Just because people may be acting odd doesn’t mean there isn’t some sort of clue to finding the hackers,” Kitanna commented. “The key is reading between the lines.”

Finally it was time to get down to business. Formendacil was the first to place his vote, pointing a finger towards Nogrod. Kitanna decided Nerwen was most suspicious.
“I think we should lynch Sixth,” said Sally.
“But what about Mith?” spoke up Eomer. “I’ll bet my $8 frappucino she’s a hacker.”
Kath didn’t know who to choose…so she closed her eyes and pointed at the crowd. And that is how Eönwë became her choice.
Ka decided she didn’t want to be the echo of someone else’s vote, so her vote went to Rikae. And Durelin voiced her thoughts against Kitanna.

“Wait,” cried out Boromir. “If we all vote for someone different, how will ever choose someone to get lynched?”
So it was decided. The remaining BDers would choose someone who had already been voted for. The tallies were made and in the end, Eönwë and Sixth were tied.

“Well this won’t work,” sighed Sally. “Ties are simply no fun. Who hasn’t voted yet?”
“Well Shasta hasn’t. He went to his tent this morning and no one’s seen him since,” said Nilpaurion. “And where is McCaber?”
“Okay, okay, I haven’t voted,” spoke up Aganzir. “But I do think we should get it over with and kill Sixth.
Nogrod agreed. “What do you say, Sixth? Any last words?”
But the Sixth Wizard was silent.

So the BDers picked up their pitchforks and torches and carried Sixth to the nearest tree. Aganzir placed the noose around Sixth’s neck and Boromir and Elf-Warrior strung him up in the tree in a good old fashioned lynching.

When it was done, nothing happened.
“So, how do we know whether he was guilty or not?” asked Rikae.
Nogrod searched the corpse of Sixth, but all he found was a very large book titled How to be a Grammar Nazi.

The Sixth Wizard
was just an ordinary BDer.

-----------
The Living:

Nilpaurion Felagund~Ainulindalë Addict
Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Nerwen~rabid fangirl
Boromir88~the one upper
Kath~artiste
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist
McCaber~does it 4 teh lulz

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)

-------------------------------

Night 2 has begun.

Hackers/Wolves may PM and choose a kill. Gifteds may do their thing. Everyone else silence.

Last edited by Brinniel; 07-05-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #132
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 2

The next night the moon was full and the hackers were thirsting for another kill. They had successfully avoided the angry mob the previous day, and in their place an innocent BDer was lynched. They huddled together in the woods for several hours as they made their evil plans.

“So, we’ve made our decision?” said one.
“Yep, it’ll be a nice juicy kill, I’m sure of it,” said another.
“Okay, let’s go,” said the third.

The three hackers prowled through the camp, unseen by the sleeping BDers. Their target was at the very end of the row of tents. But as they approached the tent, they saw the figure of someone standing in front of it. And it was not their prey.

“You think you can get away with another kill tonight?” said the figure. “Well, not if I can stop you!” The shape held up a crossbow, and an arrow came flying at one of the hackers, grazing its shoulder.
“Ow!” cried out the hacker.
A second arrow came flying, whizzing past the ear of another hacker.
“Abort the plan! Abort the plan!” shouted the hackers, and they ran away scattering.

The hackers had narrowly missed the ranger’s arrows and they returned to their tents, their stomachs still growling.

-----------------------------------------

The BDers emerged from their tents early the next morning wondering who the hackers’ next victim was. But after Nogrod did a quick headcount, they realised everyone was still alive.

“So what happened,” wondered Kath. “Did the hackers just not feel like killing someone last night?”
“Wait a minute,” said Kitanna as she pulled an arrow from a tree and showed it to the rest.
“Well, it looks like our moderators have been doing their jobs,” observed Boromir.
“Thank Eru for that,” praised Nilpaurion.
The BDers all agreed as the settled themselves in a circle around the campfire.

“Well this has certainly been a boring narration,” sighed Aganzir. “I mean, while it’s nice and all that the hackers didn’t manage to kill anyone, a death here and there does at least add a bit of spice.”
“Yeah,” agreed Eomer. “And this narration isn’t even funny. If no one’s gonna killed at night, then something funny should happen in its place.”
The other BDers nodded in agreement.

Then McCaber spoke up. “Well don’t you guys know? That’s why I’m here! After all, I’m the comedian of the group.”
“Okay, what kind of jokes do you do?” asked Nerwen.
“LotR ones, of course,” McCaber replied. “Wanna see my Denethor impression?”

Before anyone could respond, McCaber picked up a bottle of propane and poured it all over himself. He then jumped into the campfire and proceeded that with running around the camp in a flaming blob screaming, “Wheeeeee!!!!!!!”
Finally McCaber collapsed and the BDers came running over to him with buckets of water. They put out the fire, but it was already too late for McCaber who had been burnt to a crisp.

“Now that was funny,” said Sally, and the others couldn’t help but agree.

----------------------------------------

The Living:

Nilpaurion Felagund~Ainulindalë Addict
Kitanna~the self-righteous know-it-all
Aganzir~non-anonymous neg-repper
Shastanis Althreduin~chatspeak translator
Nerwen~rabid fangirl
Boromir88~the one upper
Kath~artiste
Rikae~the person who tries to fake knowledge of the books and fails miserably
Durelin~Unreliable RPG Addict
Eomer of the Rohirrim~easily-offended trendy
Nogrod~the wanna-be moderator
The Elf-Warrior~nitpicker
satansaloser2005~a fan of everything but Tolkien
THE Ka~Artful Dodger
Eönwë~conspiracy theorist
Formendacil~Tolkien Canonist
Mithalwen~therapist

The Dead:

The Barrow-Wight~took up permanent residence in a barrow (mod)
The Sixth Wizard~ grammar Nazi~strung up in a tree (ordo)
McCaber~ does it 4 teh lulz~made the narration much more amusing than it originally was (ordo)

Day 2 has begun.

Hackers stop PMing. Everyone now may talk.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #133
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Form-->Noggie at 8:49am
Kit-->Nerwen at 11:50am
Sally-->Sixth at 4:29pm
Mith-->Sally at 4:51pm
Eomer-->Mith at 5:18pm
Eon-->Mith at 5:25pm
Kath-->Eon at 5:28pm
Ka-->Rikae at 5:35pm
Durelin-->Kit at 5:37pm
Boro-->Sixth at 5:42pm
Nilp-->Eon at 5:48pm
Rikae-->Nerwen at 5:50pm
Elf-->Sixth at 5:54pm
Nerwen-->Eon at 5:55pm
Agan-->Sixth at 5:56pm
Noggie-->Sixth at 5:59pm

All votes are GMT-5. For those who aren't familiar with how I do it, known innocents are in italics and known wolves are underlined. Enjoy!

*awaits some posts, as she is a lonely but brave little toaster* (and yes, I know that was random)

By the way, nice move Mister/Miss Ranger. You're fantastic. As in, more than fantastic. As in more fantastic than Nine himself.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #134
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White Tree

As I said yesterday, target of opportunity.

Well, let's see the train wreck yesterday.

09:49pm Form - Nog (Nog - 1)

Quote:
Because what would make a better cover for a hacker looking to overthrow the existing Mods than a pathetic wannabe-Mod? No one would suspect it.

Except I just did.
As close to calculated randomness as one can get that early.
12:50am Kit - N3rw3n (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1)

Quote:
Nerwen jumps out because she posts often and says little. Granted most of her posts were in character jargon and her most recent ones are serious and moving away from IC, but she makes a note to say those who make long lists, but say nothing are suspicious. I find people who make frequent short posts that say nothing equally suspicious. Which is why I now vote for Nerwen. Though she is only moderately suspicious in my eyes she stands out from the others on my list.
Previously she said of Nerwen:
Quote:
Her short, IC posts obviously say little, but her more serious posts give little to go on as well.
Rather well-reasoned . . .
05:29am sally - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1)

Quote:
Sarcastically, I'm the only one allowed to be a grammar Nazi on here, but we all know that's not the case. In reality, Sixth's post seems just....wrong. It's the first day and, as much as I hate to say it, at the moment there's not much we can get from toDay. Sixth is trying too hard to reason. Does that make sense? Blah.
Time to bring up this issue. This was from VI's only post:
Quote:
Wow, Nerwen is making my brain hurt. I say we vote her because:

a) Reading that kind of text will be really annoying later in the game for everyone.

b) Nerwen knows this and if she really is a wolf and she survives, she will go under the radar later in the game. (I personally am NOT going to read that in a longer post than three lines, it hurts my head)

and

c) I've got nothing on anyone else.
Okay, reason b) is somewhat suspicious, but!
  • it's his first post; and
  • it's still page 1
so IC-based accusation is rather to be expected. Which was why I said we wait for him to defend himself (but he didn't get here in time . . . )
Tell me you didn't anticipate him attacking Nerwen rather fiercely on DAY 1, and I'll show you a liar. I've read more suspicious 1st post/1st page posts than this (z.B. he'd be too dangerous if he lives past DAY 1; he won't be of much help to the village anyway, usw.) A little more slack should have been given him.
05:51am Erenor - sally (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1)
Quote:
Really nearly asleep now - early morning in the pool and late nights in a cyber cafe are not a good combo! Anyway can't decide about Kitanna & Nerwen and Form .. but Sally's vote just seems a bit too parasitic... at least Kitanna and Form stuck their heads above the parapet.
I agree, mother.
06:18am Eomer - Mith (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 1)

Quote:
[ . . . ]Nerwen, Eonwe and Mithalwen are my three wolves at the moment. I'd bet my $8 frappuccino on Mith anyway.
Earlier he said:
Quote:
[ . . . ]Mithalwen, you may think Sally is being opportunistic, with her vote for 6th, but I could equally well say it about you. Whatever Sally had it was gonna be weak, and this is another chance for you to step in with a righteous comment. She's taken the position of early-voter-with-bad-reason and you've matched her in becoming critic-of-early-voter.

Two sides, same coin.
Rather forced, it looks like . . .
06:25am Eönwë - Mith (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2)

Quote:
Because of the way she posts, as if she's hiding behind hersef being IC but not at the same time. Hard to explain what I mean. Also, her attitude seems slightrly suspicious

"You should always sort out the problems nearby before you sort outt problems in the world", says me. And since we both live in "Beleriand" (accordinng to Nilp), she is definitely nearby.
Now this is eyebrow-raising.
06:28am Kath - Eönwë (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1)
Quote:
Alright, I'm giving up because I need to go to bed and I've people wanting to use the computer. Random vote because hey, it's Day 1. So truly random, I'm voting for the last person to post.
Random, but if she had evil intent I think she would have chosen someone with a vote already, perhaps even VI or Nerwen.
06:35am THE Ka - Rikae (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1)

Quote:
It seems like the post could be more, but the use of just a list with names appears like an insurance policy to protect oneself and act easily in aggreance. Like an effort to not ruffle too many feathers, but still contribute something.
Which, is suspicious and can fly under the radar during a first Day like this.
Makes sense . . .
06:37am Durelin - Kit (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 1, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
Kitanna bothers me. She picked up Nerwen's lovely conspiracy theory to stir that up, and then voted for Nerwen. Hmm.
06:42am Boro - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 1, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
I don't know whether I want to vote for The Sixth, or The Elf-Warrior, those are the two who stick out the most. I have some feelings about sally and Mith, but they won't get answered today.
Previously, in another post:
Quote:
The Sixth's reasoning is forced, since Nerwen is annoying, let's lynch her before she slips under the radar. And oh plus there's no one else.
06:48am Nilp - Eönwë (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 1, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
He was the first to start a bandwaggon, anyhow, and he votes out of thin air.
06:50am Rikae - Nerwen (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 2, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
for not answering my question, and for hyphenating names excessively.

(Really, I'm serious about that - placing the focus on a duo or trio is a time-honored wolf strategy, and here it really seems premature.)
Second eyebrow-raiser
06:54am EW - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 3, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 2, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
If this is suspicious so be it.
Yes, it is, now that you mention it. No mention of suspecting VI before this, and not even bothering to explain your vote.
06:55am Nerwen - Eönwë (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 3, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
Self preservation, plus I think he's the most suspicious of the people who have two votes.
Somewhat understandable . . . She cross-posted with EW so she didn't see that she's already been saved.
06:56am Agan - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 4, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
(in another post:)One post and speaks only of Nerwen, telling why we should vote for her.
06:59am Nogrod - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 5, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)

Quote:
And Eönwë talks...
(Would you explain this?)
He said in another post:
Quote:
I'm afraid that with The Sixth we get an easy wolf-victory - as well as with Nerwen.
Huh?
Quote:
[T]he thing I've found them doing more often is waiting for any decent or half-decent suspicions to raise up and then go for it - stronger or milder eg. trying to turn it into a major suspicion or just going with the flow and getting an excuse for their vote.

Looking things from this anlgle would point at least to Eönwë and Kitanna and little less on The Sixth.
Double huh?
Have to prepare to move back into the aforementioned academic abomination, so more later . . .

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 07-05-2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: his reasoning -> your vote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #135
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Okay... what a weekend this is turning out to be. Now that we're through Day 1, I'll spare you the Tolkien canonicity--as much fun as I have it with notwithstanding--and focus on the task at hand; namely the hunting of our hackers.

First of all, however, I feel a need to clarify my precise feeling regarding Day 1s, since there seems to be an unfortunate misunderstanding about this. It seems that my position is being interpreted along the lines of "Day 1s are absolutely useless and therefore I refuse to see any good in them and will insult them utterly."

Now, while this is not an entirely inaccurate reading... it IS rather lacking in nuance, and a correction here is in order. My opinion regarding Day 1s is not that they are utterly useless, but rather that it is impossible to use them, during Day 1 itself, as a source of any sort of a reasonable analysis.

The thing is, the only "hard facts" in Werewolf are kills or attempted kills. Attempts to figure out who wolves and gifted are has to be reasoned from the basis of who gets killed, what the role of the people killed were, and who attempts to kill whom, and, indeed, when people join in the killing.

None of this is of any assistance of Day 1, because there is no pattern at all to analyse. In a numerical sequence, such as 1,2,4,8,16... or 1,2,3,4,5,6.... or 2,2,4,6,10,16... if one only has the first figure, it is virtually impossible to guess what pattern will emerge. With two or three numbers, this is narrowed down immensely. So too in Werewolf: on Day 1, there is no pattern of killings or attempted killings to analyse. At best, towards the end of the day, one has a single vote from a portion of the community. Hence why I feel it is the height of folly to attempt to seriously and earnestly attempt to find a real wolf on Day 1. You might luck out... but that's really only lucking out.

You may agree or disagree with the above as regards how accurate an assessment it is of the chances of finding a wolf on Day 1, but please do not do me the disservice of saying that it utter foolishness. It is, at the least, a cogent argument.

Furthermore, now that we are in Day 2, we have a different situation. Normally, on Day 2, there should be two kills to analyse: the village lynch from Day 1, and the wolvish killing of Night 2. Handicapping the village efforts today, however, we are only able to analyse the village lynch, since the wolves were effectively neutralised. Unfortunately, this leaves us in a very sticky situation, since not only do we have a single kill to work off, but we have a classic bandwaggon situation. It is not, I think, without hope: I, at least, am inclined to think that at least one, if not two, of the wolves hid in the votes against Sixth, and this does narrow the field considerably. It would certainly have been a safe way to vote, since there was plenty of cover in a well joined bandwaggon, and Sixth spoke so little that it cannot easily be construed as a malicious, wolf-started bandwaggon. In particular, I think votes 2 and 3 for Sixth bear further attention, namely Boromir88 and Elfwarrior. In particular, I think Elfwarrior's timing, as third voter (usually the crucial vote to make something into a bandwaggon), together with her very nonchalant lack of reason for posting, and practically village-defying way of doing it, make her a prime candidate for investigation.

More thought on that, when I return.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #136
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Normally, on Day 2, there should be two kills to analyse: the village lynch from Day 1, and the wolvish killing of Night 2. Handicapping the village efforts today, however, we are only able to analyse the village lynch, since the wolves were effectively neutralised. Unfortunately, this leaves us in a very sticky situation, since not only do we have a single kill to work off, but we have a classic bandwaggon situation.
You know, if I were the Ranger I'd be feeling seriously unappreciated at this point...
Old 07-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #137
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Excuse me, Formendacil, I am a he, not a she.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 07-05-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Xed with Nerwen.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #138
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
All right, good. I thought I'd gone crazy. *shifty eyes*

And ditto Nerwen. Someone on this thread is seriously not feeling the love. Kthnxbye.

Finally. You guys have no idea how bored I've been with no posts. Now get to it!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #139
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
My sincere apologies... I can only defend myself as having gotten my Elves mixed up. Elfchicks and GreatElvenWarriors seemed to have predisposed me to think of those with "elf" in their titles as feminine.

Orlangolas may also have contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Finally. You guys have no idea how bored I've been with no posts. Now get to it!
There's plenty of material from yesterday to look over... it is hardly the task of the entire village to provide you with posts to entertain you.

Or, perhaps, you are a wolf? It would make sense, since then you would rather have new posts--with accusations on our parts--to tear apart as the basis of fresh accusations, rather than have to draw attention to the posts of yourself and your confrères which might well incriminate you. If so, most crafty indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
You know, if I were the Ranger I'd be feeling seriously unappreciated at this point...
That was certainly not my intent, but I see what you mean. As true as that may be, however, the stark fact of the matter is that while we are all certainly grateful to the Ranger for saving the life of one of our innocent number (assuming, of course, that the wolves did not go after the cobbler), it is not the job of the Ranger to be thanked, but to keep as low a profile as possible.

Nevertheless, you are correct that the Ranger's success, while it does cripple our efforts somewhat in that it cuts down on the data we have to analyse, does not eradicate it entirely. The fact of the matter is that four of the people in this game think that someone is innocent--or possibly gifted. It may be that we have no way or reason to figure out on our own who the wolves might have targeted last night, but perhaps if we keep in mind that one of us--who probably was noisy enough to be a target after yesterday--was targeted for elimination by the wolves and foreseen as the same by the ranger, we may well have grounds for informing our votes somewhat today.

Alas, though, no such candidates come to mind... though I would think that probably one of the people who voted for someone other than Sixth may have struck the Wolves as entirely too perceptive; that is, they may have voted for a real wolf.

Hmm... or they may have deliberately attacked someone who either didn't vote, or who voted for an ordo, in order to throw us off.

This is a quandary... must think on it more.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #140
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There is much to review from the end of Day 1. And like Day 1 I will be forced into voting early for work reasons, but it will be the last time. I will review what I've missed and I may or may not post before I go to bed.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
There's plenty of material from yesterday to look over... it is hardly the task of the entire village to provide you with posts to entertain you.

Or, perhaps, you are a wolf? It would make sense, since then you would rather have new posts--with accusations on our parts--to tear apart as the basis of fresh accusations, rather than have to draw attention to the posts of yourself and your confrères which might well incriminate you. If so, most crafty indeed...

I thought you weren't going to entertain me. And then you come up with that load of nonsense. *chuckles*

No, I was doing some things to my computer today that were making him....well, unstable to say the least, and I didn't want to start a big long post and then have it be eaten; I'm sure you understand. Then again, maybe not. But I'll be able to post more now that I've got everything working again.

In either case, my dears, I'm off for a tad then I'll be back, just to give you a heads up. I need to post a few (okay a lot of) things about Day one now that I've got all my technological problems sorted out. See you all in a bit.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:09 AM   #142
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm here, I'm here...

but apparently my services are no longer required as Nerwen seems fully capable of making herself understood.

Woe.

Given that I'm not entirely here yet, would it be a bad idea to query as to why there was an attack by the hackers (prevented by the ranger - kudos to you!) and then McCaber... died? Surely there hasn't been enough time for someone to be modfired (the pun was inevitable...)?

Off to read the thread in one go-through now.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #143
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
then McCaber... died? Surely there hasn't been enough time for someone to be modfired (the pun was inevitable...)?
It appears that poor McCabbie had to leave us this game, but Brinn gave him a nice exit though.

Just wanted to say I'm here as well, but only for a few more minutes, then I'm going to finish up my reading and go to sleep. I will be back before the deadline.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #144
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, first decent post.

Things that caught my eye Day 1, from my reading:

Bit of an early-on banter-scuffle between Nerwen and Elf-Warrior, Formendacil and Boromir.

Formendacil's bit of a throwaway vote for Nogrod on the grounds, basically, that "it's Day 1, oh well". (Nogrod agrees with me, post #55... but then he would, wouldn't he? )

Nerwen seeing a wolf in "the Agan/Nilp/Form brawl". Personally I don't see one. (Kitanna does, though, post #52.) I see Agan replying to a couple of Form's statements, and Nilp with a bit of unfounded suspicion. To me, the odd one out here is Nilp.

Durelin is, as usual, more concerned with amusement than anything else. Not that that's a bad thing, necessarily, because I do have to join her in "guffawing" at Eonwe's first post, which smacks of trying too hard.

Ka seems to be metagaming a bit (#71) which I frown upon on principle, but not harshly (). Something about her "oh you may suspect me, but I don't suspect you, see how affable I am" attitude in this post strikes me as somehow off, though, even if Agan's suspicions were facetious.

I agree with Mith's #79 about Sally's bit of opportunism - er, her vote. I'm curious as to why Eomer then voiced suspicion of Mith (#84), calling her an early-vote critic, when both Form and Kitanna had people critique their early votes (Agan and Nogrod respectively). In fact, there was quite a lot of discussion about Kitanna's vote and the reasoning behind it. Why wait until Mith posted critiquing Sally's vote? Interestingly, Boromir does the same in #91.

In fact, Eomer's been suspicious of Mith since before her vote (#64). Hmm...

In #98, Eonwe votes for Mith without having previously had any suspicions against her (that I could see, anyway). Curiously, this post comes right after Eomer's post, coincidentally also voting for Mith. Eonwe X'ed with it, apparently... but...

Kath random-votes. At least she's honest. Of course, a random-vote during Day 1 is nearly guaranteed not to be followed up, making it quite safe (and possibly wolf-on-wolf).

Hmm. In #102, Nogrod expressly edits, mentioning Eonwe's edit to say he X'd with Eomer, but apparently did not X with anyone above him, leading me to an odd conclusion. To quote Alice; "Curiouser and curiouser!"

I like Nerwen in #107, where she mentions what I've garnered so far about Eomer and Eonwe.

"So be it", Elf-warrior, I think your vote in #116 is suspicious as it "just happens" to make Sixth the frontrunner in votes.

So, my list (as it is) is as follows:

Suspicious: Eomer, Eonwe

Sort-Of Suspicious: Kath, Sally, Elf-warrior

Mediocre: Everyone not mentioned above or below this line -----------------------

Not-So Suspicious: Nogrod

Not Suspicious: Mith, Nerwen

Thanks, Ka, for clearing up the McCaber business.

I find it amusing that a crossbow is the weapon of choice for our dear Ranger - and why are we in tents anyway? I miss civilization.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-06-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Fixing a smiley.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #145
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Is there certainly a cobbler? I can't find it in the game thread intro.

Couple of quick things. First, I find it highly suspicious when players 'lament' the situation. Three people fit this category so far.

1. Mithalwen. The original reason I suspected her; I did not, as Nerwen claimed, simply jump on her for jumping on Sally.

2. Nilpaurion Felagund. Described the events as a ''train wreck''. Hardly. Just because we lynched an innocent? That usually happens in Werewolf. It gives us stuff to talk about the next day.

3. Nerwen. Called the voting ''a mess''.

It's this kind of negative lamentation that I find so suspicious. It appears as an appeal to the goodness of the poster -- ''Observe how concerned I am with the village! Let's be serious people, we have to get this right.'' Seems so artificial to me.

One more thing: Sally posts a whole lot of nothing, furnished with RL stories and cutesy chat. I'm wary of her intent. She's trying to hard to make friends in order to avoid being lynched.
Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 AM   #146
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Random, but if she had evil intent I think she would have chosen someone with a vote already, perhaps even VI or Nerwen
What? She started a bandwaggon against an innocent!

edit: but maybe not purposefully.

edit 2: x-èd with Shasta and Eomer

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-06-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:08 AM   #147
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Nerwen seeing a wolf in "the Agan/Nilp/Form brawl". Personally I don't see one.
Well, I copped enough flack for that remark, didn't I? It was after a Day of not much happening... then Form votes Nogrod, apparently for random/IC reasons, Aganzir accuses Form and Nilp accuses Aganzir. It occured to me that one of them might be an opportunistic wolf.

The reaction of Aganzir and later Rikae to this makes me wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Is there certainly a cobbler? I can't find it in the game thread intro.
See the admin thread:

Quote:
3 hackers/werewolves
3 moderators/gifteds (seer, ranger, and hunter)
1 spammer/cobbler
And of course the rest are ordos
Old 07-06-2008, 03:11 AM   #148
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Eonwe, not that I agree with Nilp's reasoning, but I wouldn't say that voting for someone yet to receive a vote is starting a bandwagon.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #149
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Thanks Nerwen, I wondered whether the cobbler had been abandoned.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:23 AM   #150
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Eonwe X'ed with it, apparently... but...
Are you calling me a liar?

Quote:
Hmm. In #102, Nogrod expressly edits, mentioning Eonwe's edit to say he X'd with Eomer, but apparently did not X with anyone above him, leading me to an odd conclusion. To quote Alice; "Curiouser and curiouser!"
Well, I'd just seen Noggie's reply, and then I realised that I didn't have much time left... so I voted. What's suspicious about that? I admit, it was a bit odd the way that happened, butt it happens.

Strange...
Old 07-06-2008, 03:32 AM   #151
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Eonwe, not that I agree with Nilp's reasoning, but I wouldn't say that voting for someone yet to receive a vote is starting a bandwagon.
You're right.In fact, it may have been Nilp that started that, then Nerwen joined in, making it the 3rd vote, which I think could (And maybe should) be classified as a bandwaggon.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #152
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Bored now. Think I'll revert...

hAy n00b!!11!

d0nt u no i woz ti3d with u & mith & sixth & n3ar DL???

r u b31ng IC & makeNg c0nsp1RacY th30r13z???

or r u st00pid or wot???11!!!

Edit: fixed bolding
Edit2: added name to list.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-06-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #153
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion
Not merely those suspicious of them, but those eager for their blood, as you are, Aganzir.
I will soon grow hungry for your blood, too, dear Nilp.

Quote:
06:56am Agan - VI (Nog - 1, N3rwen - 2, VI - 4, sally - 1, Mith - 2, Eönwë - 3, Rikae - 1, Kit - 1)
Quote:
(in another post: )One post and speaks only of Nerwen, telling why we should vote for her.
I think it was rather the following that was my main reason to vote for him. Though I agree the reason you posted looks more suspicious.
Quote:
Out of those who have posted little and mostly in character, he's the most suspicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
It is not, I think, without hope: I, at least, am inclined to think that at least one, if not two, of the wolves hid in the votes against Sixth, and this does narrow the field considerably.
Or then three. Or then none at all. I think it is impossible to predict how many of the votes for the lynchee were wolfish. It might have been easy to vote for Sixth, but it was easy to vote for many others, too. Maybe all hackers voted for Eönwë one after the other and are now smirking at these speculations.

Since EW was around to correct Form, I would have expected him also to participate in the discussion a bit more.

Quote:
It occured to me that one of them might be an opportunistic wolf.

The reaction of Aganzir and later Rikae to this makes me wonder...
And it occurred to me that you were just trying to make us look suspicious by throwing a reason which was relatively easy to agree on; "yes, they certainly talked to one another, hmm there might be something to this."
You said you're automatically suspicious of people who make lists without explaining their thoughts - I could say I'm automatically suspicious of grouping people like that.

I don't like Nilp. I would like to see some reasoning behind this list:
Quote:
Manwë has whispered to my ear that I should find the following to be suspicious of hearkening to Melko's overwhelming musics:
Durelin

Nerwen

Nogrod
Durelin and Nerwen had posted only IC, but Nog had some points also, sort of. And then suddenly Nerwen looks innocent after posting (mostly IC) twice, because she seems genuine in her endeavour to aid this community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilp
I should warn you though that the shape your thoughts take form on our screens makes you vulnerable to those confused by Melkor's discord, or perchance you know it already. Votes for you for 'IC reasons' may well disguise the perversion of their thoughts.
I don't like the sound of this. I don't know... If I had to say who I think might be wolves together, I'd say Nerwen and Nilp, and in that light that looks too much like a warning, "start behaving yourself or you'll get lynched!", and at the same time a threat to those who might suspect Nerwen otherwise, "if you suspect her, it will look like you're hackers after an easy lynch!"

Then Nerwen:
Quote:
I'm automatically suspicious of people who make lists of names with no explanations. On the other hand, I don't think a hacker/wolf would have said this:
[the Nilp quote above this one]
"You're suspicious for a reason I automatically suspect people of, but then on the other hand you must be innocent because you said this."
She also finds Sixth's post forced and brings up the "A/N/F brawl", which other people kept mentioning ever since.

Quote:
I just meant they way you were suddenly jumping on each other. Only it hasn't developed since then.
Wolves do tend to try to reply to accusations with as little effort as possible so as not to look jumpy (and then their replies don't make sense or are inadequate, so they must be asked again). Nerwen has been keen on avoiding or downplaying questions. When I asked her why it looked like there was at least one wolf involved, she corrected me, telling she had said there might be a wolf involved, instead of answering my question.

I said already yesterday that I don't really like how Nilp is turning accusations from Sixth and Nerwen to those who suspected them, but let me repeat it.
He says they both look like they were excellent targets for opportunity. That will both make those who suspected them look bad and discourage people to suspect Nerwen.

This post wasn't intended to be a case against Nerwen and Nilp but seemingly it ended up being one.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:08 AM   #154
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

White Tree

Quote:
Kath random-votes. At least she's honest. Of course, a random-vote during Day 1 is nearly guaranteed not to be followed up, making it quite safe (and possibly wolf-on-wolf). (Shasta)
With 12 votes still remaining? I doubt a wolf-on-wolf vote would have been a viable strategy then, especially since Eönwë is suspicious.

Quote:
I would like to see some reasoning behind this list [of Nilp's]: (Aganzir)
It's called gauging reactions. Most of the time I can't do it on WW cos of time restrictions on my part, but since I said I'll be taking this game more seriously (hence the waking up at 5am to participate in DAY-end activities*), I thought I could use it this time. It works most of the time for me with real people.

I'm rather crestfallen that Durelin and Nogrod didn't react.

I see, though, I don't need to provoke reaction from you. You give it to me freely.
The plot, cut, defeated.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Old 07-06-2008, 06:18 AM   #155
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
It's called gauging reactions.
I am not sure how versatile reactions you get when your accusations come out of nowhere and have no reasons behind them. Either people demand an explanation or ignore them as jokes.

And of course I give my reaction freely. It's all about openness, you know. And I have nothing to hide.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:24 AM   #156
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

White Tree Double-kill!

It's disappointing that I have to vote soon, and the DAY hasn't even advanced beyond its starting page.

Shasta is quite helpful. I'd like to keep him around.

sally my daughter is having fun. (I hope you did get to watch the Dr. Who finale, vzv, so you can get back to contributing. )

FormenDAGA can't get over his hatred for DAY 1s. I share your pain, brother, but it's already DAY 2. Even if we don't have a NIGHT kill (which, I agree, would have been a treasure trove of solid information), we still have the rather exciting voting from yesterDAY. Use it.

The Elf-Warrior remains cryptic.

Eönwë is quite prickly toDAY. *rubs chin*

Aganzir wants me. I don't think you're ready for this jelly.
Quote:
I am not sure how versatile reactions you get when your accusations come out of nowhere and have no reasons behind them. Either people demand an explanation or ignore them as jokes. (Aganzir)
Which is a reaction in itself; I can live with either. And of course they'd have no reason yet; it was the 1st page of DAY 1, and I was trying to get discussion flowing away from IC posting.

Eomer is . . . Wargy. Whatever that means--which I don't.
Quote:
2. Nilpaurion Felagund. Described the events as a ''train wreck''. Hardly. Just because we lynched an innocent? That usually happens in Werewolf. It gives us stuff to talk about the next day.
As I said, we need not have killed an villager who didn't get to defend himself . . . Although I remember in WWVII that you were rather eager to protect the cannon fodder--me. Hmmm . . . What to make of this.

Blah, I'll play a game of DoTA with the accursed AI+ first before I vote. Hope to see more of you then.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #157
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Eomer is . . . Wargy. Whatever that means--which I don't.
As I said, we need not have killed an villager who didn't get to defend himself . . . Although I remember in WWVII that you were rather eager to protect the cannon fodder--me. Hmmm . . . What to make of this.
You honour me, brother Nilp. If I should be permitted to achieve only a small measure of the glory of Wargs...

Anyway, I agree the votes for VI were a bit strange and probably not the best option for any innocents who might have chosen him, but I still think describing it as ''a train-wreck'' could have had a darker motive.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #158
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
hAy n00b!!11!

d0nt u no i woz ti3d with u & mith & sixth & n3ar DL???

r u b31ng IC & makeNg c0nsp1RacY th30r13z???

or r u st00pid or wot???11!!!
It was a theory that I rejected, then entertained with IC-ness.

Edit: Hmm.... At least, that's what I understood. Maybe Shasta will come up with a translation that requires a different answer. Only time will tell.

PS. And why are you moving to the 1337 side of things?

Last edited by Eönwë; 07-06-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:01 AM   #159
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And Eönwë talks...
Is that synonymous to "And Eönwë will live to fight another day"?
Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 AM   #160
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
And why are you moving to the 1337 side of things?
y r U poStiNg c0nsp1RacY th30r13z??? or r u juS7 bakcing off n0w???!111!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And of course I give my reaction freely. It's all about openness, you know. And I have nothing to hide.
Apart from the "being a wolf" thing, right?

Maybe I'm prejudiced here, Aganzir, but your activity yesterDay gives me a nasty impression of shopping around for someone to lynch.

On the other hand, at least you didn't vote "at random" or giving IC reasons, unlike some people I could mention.