The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #1
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Crazy Video Clips

This thread is for any funny/crazy video clips that are LotR related.

While searching for video clips, I happened to come across this fun little video: An Ode to Sam's Potatoes

Feel free to comment and post links to other video clips.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #2
narfforc
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

narfforc has been trapped in the Barrow!
Brilliant Brinniel....................................nuff said.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I believe there is another thread with this exact link somewhere's about. I think I'll go dig it up and watch the other video on there, "They're Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!" Oh man!! It's good for a laugh!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I believe there is another thread with this exact link somewhere's about.
There probably is somewhere, but I searched and couldn't find one.

Anyways, I found some more videos for your enjoyment:

-Watch Gollum rap

-The Lord of the Rings alternate ending

-For those who thought the reunion scene in RotK was corny....

-For all Veggie Tale lovers, I present you The Lord of the Beans <-----You can actually buy this one.

-The Lord of the Dance

-I believe this is the video you're talking about, Glirdan

-On a more serious note, an interpretation of the true friendship between Frodo and Gandalf (I love this song)

Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #5
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" Get's me every time.

I must say though that if in the wrong frame of mind that last link can cause some - interesting - ideas.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #6
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I must say though that if in the wrong frame of mind that last link can cause some - interesting - ideas.
Urgh Kath... You shouldn't have said that. You can guess what that made me think when watching the video...
It was good/okay, but the cave troll thing was too corny...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" and "Potatoes" were awesome!

I know you've probably all seen this already, but I feel it ought to be included nonetheless:

Gollum's acceptance speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHGfD...elated&search=

Last edited by Rikae; 09-08-2006 at 05:13 PM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #8
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Pipe

I found this amusing, although I admit, others may find it stupid:

LANGUAGE WARNING (the swearing, not the elvish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OzZx2mrCo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #9
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Pipe Dreams

Several years ago, I made a video entitled Pipe Dreams starring my hobbit action figures, but I didn't discover YouTube until fairly recently. Enjoy!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #10
High King Fingolfin
Shade of Carn Dűm

High King Fingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I had almost forgotten about that. In retrospect, I didn't exactly do very well on it.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #11
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I almost didn't recognize your voice since it's changed so much since then. No wonder everybody used to mix us up on the phone...we sounded almost the same!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
How did this thread manage to not be notised by me !?

I must look through all the links when I wake up tomorrow.

Anyways it is a good idea, it was a bit to much having to have a new thread everytime a new clip was found.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
this might be streching it a bit, as the clip is from extras.

I think you will find it informative if you ever wondered "how did Ian become Gandalf"

EDIT:

I just watched Pipe Dreams and I thought it was one person doing all the voices. . .
hmmmm the online forum Rivendell hmmmmm

Last edited by Rune Son of Bjarne; 10-23-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #14
High King Fingolfin
Shade of Carn Dűm

High King Fingolfin has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

It's a forum that Oro used to belong to that was sort of frivolous, but it sort of died a few years back. They had a really nice mouse trailer though.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #15
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

More fun videos

I was tempted to post this in A Hobbit in every pot, but since it's a video, I decided it belonged on this thread:
More negative campaign ads...

An analogy that could fit in the same thread:
The Colbert Report Okay, I hope that one isn't too political for this site. It's all supposed to be a joke (after all, it is Comedy Central), so no one take it the wrong way...

An SNL sketch back when Paris Hilton was hosting. It takes awhile to get to the LotR part, but it's pretty funny. (WARNING: rated PG-13)

Pop Culture translator The other samples are actually funnier, but the Gollum one is still really hilarious.

That's all for now, folks. Enjoy!
Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 AM   #16
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Here's something that had me laughing out loud! It works so well that it's scary!

Lord of the Rings A-Team

Spoiler:

Boromurdock - absolutely side-splitting!!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #17
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Here's something that had me laughing out loud! It works so well that it's scary!

Lord of the Rings A-Team

Spoiler:

Boromurdock - absolutely side-splitting!!
Heh heh, great link Esty.

SPOILER:

~

~

~

~

My fav part of the casting credits: Starring Gandalf the Grey as Gandalf the White.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #18
davem
Illustrious Ulair

Location: In the home of lost causes, and forsaken beliefs, and unpopular names,and impossible loyalties
davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.davem is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Bart & Lisa at Helm's Deep:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVT929z4_5o
davem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #19
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

That Helm's Deep parody was real great! I really need to start watching The Simpsons again...

Here's an outtake from TTT, that was actually discussed in the cast commentary. Perhaps it's already been posted elsewhere, but I think makes a great addition to this thread: Outtake

A little something from Family Guy: Sauron Lost His Contact Lens

And after a long time searching, I finally found the SNL clip of Elijah Wood and Chris Kattan as Gollum back in 2003. I know most have probably seen this already, but I thought I should still put it up here: A Hobbit Hard to Break (you'll have to scroll down a bit to find the link to the video)

An FotR set test of Bag End with Peter Jackson filling in for Bilbo. As a film major, I find this clip quite interesting...though I'll admit, the floating head is rather hilarious:
Bag End Set Test

That's all I've got for now...
Old 03-20-2007, 04:22 PM   #20
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
The last credit of the LotR A-Team video reminds me of numerous bookFrodo vs. movieFrodo discussions we've had:
Quote:
Frodo Baggins as The Helpless Hobbit
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #21
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hurray for YouTube!

I found some more great clips to add to our collection. I've haven't seen a lot of these until now, but I'm sure some of you have...

French and Saunders - LotR parody

Okay, this one is from the RotK dvd, but I thought I should just post it on this thread anyways for the sake that it's funny:
Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn's pitch for The Lord of the Rings sequel

The RotK Trailer: In Legos

Clip from Clerks 2: LotR vs. Star Wars [LANGUAGE WARNING]

More Family Guy LotR spoofs:

Quagimire Speaks Elvish

You Shall Not Pass!

Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #22
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This is not particularly humorous, but this is the only thread I know of that has video clips or movies or stuff like that in it.

Anyway, here is one that I found very good. It brought me the closest I'm likely ever to get to understanding movie Aragorn. Fantastic song and a good job of editing by whoever made it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v0ZVeY5RLFw

-- Folwren
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

An amusing video:

If LotR had light sabres
Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM   #24
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I never ever laughed this hard at a YouTube video. Seriously. It's hysteric.

Éomer's bootcamp (LotR and Disney's Mulan combined)

You won't regret watching it.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #25
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My goodness, tears game to my eyes when I was watching, it was so hilarious! I love the part where he dismounts and everyone is gauking at him. That song fits his character to a tee, thanks Thinlomien!

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 06-13-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:50 AM   #26
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy, I liked it. I watched just before you posted that. I found that quite funny at the time (oh, and the video was too- fitted really well).

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-13-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Wrote Loomy by mistake
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
That was pretty funny! I didn't laugh so hard that I had to throw up though... That song very much fits Eomer's personality!
Old 06-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #28
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Here's a funny clip from the Bakashi cartoon. I absolutely loved the parts where Gandalf notices the orcs are coming! Hope ya'll enjoy it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tpCRGSFAe2g
Old 06-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #29
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/208318

"Theoden, Horse Master". Slight language warning, but it makes me giggle every time I see it.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #30
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, this video isn't really funny, or "crazy", as the title suggests.
But it goes together quite well. If you were wondering what it is, "the truth will come to you at last". No, basically it's just bits of the movie made into a video with "Stairway to heaven" by Led Zeppelin. It works. Mostly.
And in case you were interested this thread talks about LOTR/Led Zeppelin connections.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-04-2008 at 01:00 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #31
Babidi Buu
Wight

Babidi Buu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Babidi Buu
Rewind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55qcgUWibc
This was pretty funny, Somebody had made the charge of Pelennor Fields exept it's Rewinded. The results are pretty funny
Babidi Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 AM   #32
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
this one. funny as hell. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TmhuVIyd6I

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #33
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I kept humming this song yesterday and it reminded me of this music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmq_afRtlBI God bless Toby Keith!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #34
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
That was great, Groin! Gotta love that song. One of the best movies so far.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:11 AM   #35
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots A few clips

I've posted some of these elsewhere:

1. Gollum singing Barry White's 'Never Gonna Give You Up':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_McuC-V_JO0

2. Leonard Nimoy - 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPh12Q7cpeE

3. Gollum singing James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eHN-...eature=related

4. Aragorn and Legolas to the tune of Right Said Fred's 'I'm Too Sexy':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL7Bb...eature=related

5. Andy Serkis (as Gollum) singing 'You're The One That I Want' from 'Grease':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP2bV...eature=related
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #36
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just found this, it made me laugh until I was curled up in a ball on the floor! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0FG2...eature=related
Old 12-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #37
Gollum the Great
Shade of Carn Dűm

Gollum the Great has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

That was hilarious, Groin!!!

Gimli: "How do you sing so high?"
Legolas: "I'm a girl!"

Lolololololol
Old 12-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #38
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lord of the Rings meets Monty Python!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dk4b...eature=channel

This person has several videos (including the previously posted Eomer's Bootcamp).
Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 AM   #39
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

My friend has turned me onto this power duo from New Zealand known as Flight of the Conchords. And as a way to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the movies (even though it hasn't been 10 years since the movies came out and the video was made in 2006) the guys made a LOTR homage video. Frodo, don't wear the ring.

Another interesting fact is that the singer who portrays Frodo was Figwit in the movies.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:07 PM   #40
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
That last one was very good, Beregond. Especially when Grima popped up.

These are a couple of overdubs that I've enjoyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usH-vijFFAE
(I love Elrond's voice)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frQ3LvbQ0AE
(Rawrrr!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbh04EXjnRw
(Many different accents. This one is quite long, but very amusing. Yeeeee-haw!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzvas8lXj38
(Legolas as Napoleon Dynamite. Can I have one of your keychains? Sweet!)

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote