Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #561
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
LOL at Rollan's pun and misbehaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Also, my very devious mind is suggesting a covert evening "jailbreak" on the part of those who believe Aldarion to be kidnapped, if we want to make things even harder for the players. Just an idea which I can't introduce in the actual gamethread.
Great minds think alike...
Old 05-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #562
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I wanted the party to be gatecrashable, ideally, hence the dropped note, but that didn't quite catch up in time. Someone can certainly decode it now in a stroke of genius, it says Get Aerwen to meet Aldarion at the Third Circle tomorrow, but that's only circumstantially helpful (maybe someone at the Third Circle knows the coach belongs to Aerwen?)

Probably easier for any SAS operatives to just go calling on Burlach residences; they'd find nothing chez Cirdacil (even the old man's at the Treasury) and everything chez Ecsichil. If someone barged into the treasury to talk to Cirdacil himself (actually Elanor has and could again) he'd tetchily disclaim all knowledge of any more ridiculous troubles involving players, but say he knows his children are having a party, etc
Old 05-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #563
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
OK, first of all appologies for being absent for so long without even letting you guys know. The fact is, I always thought I would post something soon, but I just could not get myself to do it. I'm kind of busy with end of the year exams at the moment, so I guess I'll only be able to post in the weekends. I've been following the game - and I must congratulate you for such a great job, guys - so I'll try to get something done by tomorrow evening. In the meantime, whoever needs Harrenon, feel free to use him.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #564
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks, Mnemo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Also, my very devious mind is suggesting a covert evening "jailbreak" on the part of those who believe Aldarion to be kidnapped, if we want to make things even harder for the players. Just an idea which I can't introduce in the actual gamethread.
I'm sure excited for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim
I'm kind of busy with end of the year exams at the moment, so I guess I'll only be able to post in the weekends.
You are certainly more diligent than I ever was! My exams start in less than a week, and I'm spending most of my time goofing around on the Downs instead of studying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Get Aerwen to meet Aldarion at the Third Circle tomorrow,
What?! It's THAT simple? No super-secret scheme involved?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #565
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Believe, it or not Pitchwife and I were already planning this (his idea).

So, as of my last post, Asta has just suggested the "jailbreak" to Coldan.

I think, to speed things up, we should just "cut" to the two of them trying to sneak in to the Ecsichil residence, and we can just explain how they found out where to go.

Also, I'm wondering if any of the others would like to get involved?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #566
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
What time is it now in-game, approximately?
Old 05-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #567
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Awwww.... I feel so bad for Asta and Smaug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Also, I'm wondering if any of the others would like to get involved?
I don't think I can do a decent job, since I'm having a hard time with Cirdacil's family... But Thiliel could "cover up" or something similar. Stay on guard, perhaps. Or stay at the inn and keep everything quiet. Whatever works.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #568
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
What time is it now in-game, approximately?
Very-late-afternoonish, going into the evening, I think.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #569
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thought so. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #570
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I think, to speed things up, we should just "cut" to the two of them trying to sneak in to the Ecsichil residence, and we can just explain how they found out where to go.
I was thinking we could try to trace the carriage that collected Sador (i.e. ask around in the city who has seen it, which direction it went etc.), hoping that finding Sador would lead us to Aldarion.

Would one of our Gondorians recognize the swan device on the carriage and know about the Burlach-Dol Amroth connection? Formy? Dim?
(I'll have to draw a family tree of the House of Burlach in order to remember who's married/in-lawed to whom.)

We also might want to time our arrival with Cirdacil's and Vëandur's

G55, I think taking Thiliel along for this would get us kicked out of the inn, but having her cover up is a good idea.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #571
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'll do my best to make that family tree here, for reference, though it's q hard to convey graphically -

Dol Amroths

Erchirion (I think?)

children, Amlach, Gloredhel

Amlach married to Circilie

Burlachs

brothers, Beren (see Pelargirs), and Cirdacil

Cirdacil's children by marriage to Aerin the first

Ecsichil (married to the colourless Lady Ecsichil, they have loads of (say, three or four) sons away serving as soldiers who aren't important), Aerwen

by marriage to Aerin the second

Circilie (married to Amlach), 'Sador'

Pelargirs

Beren, Cirdacil's elder brother, father of

Falastur father of

Vëandur
Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 AM   #572
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
We also might want to time our arrival with Cirdacil's and Vëandur's
I think that would be a good idea.

Vëandur is supposed to meet Cirdacil around midnight at, I think, the entrance to the Sixth Circle.

Last edited by Inziladun; 05-28-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-2011, 08:49 AM   #573
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thanks, Ang, that's very helpful. (And about the question of Beren/Sador, I suppose I would - and compensate by engaging in mental/poetic athletics. Been there, done that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Vëandur is supposed to meet Cidacil around midnight at, I think, the entrance to the Sixth Circle.
Right. So I think it'll take one or two more posts from Nerwen and/or me till we're good to go, mainly because I'd like to involve Harrenon into the matter if Dim has time to post (and even if she doesn't) - which should give Ang/phantom/Zil some space to get the party/reading going and have Cirdacil pick up Vëandur, and then we should be ready to cut to Ecsichil's and burst into the party à la Dostoyevsky. Sound good?

(By the way, Nerwen, what colour are Asta's eyes?)
Old 05-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #574
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

And re: complex family trees: I feel Game of Thrones gives me artistic support here...
Old 05-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #575
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thank you very much for the family tree, Ang!

Quote:
G55, I think taking Thiliel along for this would get us kicked out of the inn, but having her cover up is a good idea.
She'd go willingly if she only knew what Coldan and Asta were up to. She would think that everything would go smoothly and Ingold won't notice her nightly absence, but seeing as this mission has to fail somehow (whatever the players do does) he'd probably know. And he'd hold the Players responsible no matter what. And he already has a bit of a grudge against them.

So perhaps just a cover-up at the inn. Thiliel would still need to know what exactly she's supposed to do, and who shouldn't know about the opertion at any costs.

So if you want, I can bring her to Asta's wagon so that you can tell her.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #576
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Right. So I think it'll take one or two more posts from Nerwen and/or me till we're good to go, mainly because I'd like to involve Harrenon into the matter if Dim has time to post (and even if she doesn't)
Oh yes. More opportunity for Asta to be spiteful about poor Harry!

Quote:
(By the way, Nerwen, what colour are Asta's eyes?)
Ah, yes, I forgot to give her an eye-colour. Light greyish-blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
So perhaps just a cover-up at the inn. Thiliel would still need to know what exactly she's supposed to do, and who shouldn't know about the opertion at any costs.

So if you want, I can bring her to Asta's wagon so that you can tell her.
Good idea.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #577
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Would one of our Gondorians recognize the swan device on the carriage and know about the Burlach-Dol Amroth connection? Formy? Dim?
Yes, this could work. Of course, I can't say how much simple folk in Gondor would know about the doings of the upper classes, but I suppose I could have Harry speculate about the connection.

Quote:
So I think it'll take one or two more posts from Nerwen and/or me till we're good to go, mainly because I'd like to involve Harrenon into the matter if Dim has time to post (and even if she doesn't)
Sounds good, Pitch. Since it's the weekend, I'll be able to find some time to post and I'll join the two of you (much to Asta's annoyance, it would seem )

Quote:
Oh yes. More opportunity for Asta to be spiteful about poor Harry!
Bring it on, Nerwen!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #578
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

SAVE (which wasn't really necessary, I suppose, except I wanted to get this bit in there and then) filled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
Yes, this could work. Of course, I can't say how much simple folk in Gondor would know about the doings of the upper classes, but I suppose I could have Harry speculate about the connection.
Or if Harry recognizes the device, Amdír might know about the connection (having been in Cirdacil's employ).

Quote:
Sounds good, Pitch. Since it's the weekend, I'll be able to find some time to post and I'll join the two of you (much to Asta's annoyance, it would seem )
Definitely to Coldan's. I hope we can pick you up tomorrow (Sunday). Any idea where Harry is at the moment?

G55, I think Coldan would appreciate it very much if Thiliel wouldn't show up at Asta's wagon quite yet.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #579
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

hahahahasgfrr brilliant.

Ah, those moments of "total spiritual idealistic subjection"; paradise for a few seconds, pretty incompetent wooing device long-term...
Old 05-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #580
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quite. Not to mention that if he somehow manages to win her after all and walks into it open-eyed, he deserves what he gets (cf Meat Loaf's Paradise by the Dashboard Light Part 3).
Old 05-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #581
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry for the delay– couldn't get online earlier. Okay, Coldan has now had his kiss.

Quote:
G55, I think Coldan would appreciate it very much if Thiliel wouldn't show up at Asta's wagon quite yet.
I'm thinking a dramatic interruption from either Harry or Thiliel might be in order shortly, though?
Old 05-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #582
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'm thinking a dramatic interruption from either Harry or Thiliel might be in order shortly, though?
Done. But if it's too soon, or if there's anything wrong with my post you can tell me and I'll change it.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 AM   #583
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Wonderful posts, you two! I'm so glad I stopped right there in my last one!

No prob with Harry having overheard the earlier scene in Brinn's wagon, I think - we'll just have to assume he stayed outside with Rollan and eavesdropped, as he surely would have been noticed if he'd tried to fit in there, too.

EDIT: Posted Coldan's reaction. G55, feel free to have Thiliel join the conspiracy now. And Nerwen, just in case you haven't thought of it - lockpicks and crowbars!

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-29-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #584
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

hate to be a trickling source of evil etc (this is a lie), but this could get deliciously nasty if Harry tactlessly reveals Coldan told him to watch Sador AND Asta...

I am very happy for that moment though. I think it's a really nice contrast to the long agonised upper class romantic manouevring, a good smackeroony
Old 05-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #585
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Re-reading, I find that Asta actually saw the carriage leave, whereas Harry possibly didn't, so I have posted accordingly.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #586
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I thought you were going to associate the swans with the Swan Players, Dim.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #587
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

I just remembered that all of us would recognize the Dol Amroth device - we've been there only a year ago, haven't we? Duh. Forgetting our prehistory.

Dim, just to be clear, is Harry coming along all the way for the jailbreak?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #588
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Dim, just to be clear, is Harry coming along all the way for the jailbreak?
Well, yes, I guess so. I think I'll manage to find some time to keep up with the game every two days or so. If I'm not around, feel free to use Harry as much as you need. As for all of us recognising the Dol Amroth device, I'll edit my post and say that Harrenon reminds you what the swans mean instead of actually informing you.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #589
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I love the mad conspiracy theories Asta and Coldan have got. Vëandur really needs to get to meet them.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #590
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Well, yes, I guess so. I think I'll manage to find some time to keep up with the game every two days or so. If I'm not around, feel free to use Harry as much as you need. As for all of us recognising the Dol Amroth device, I'll edit my post and say that Harrenon reminds you what the swans mean instead of actually informing you.
Thnks, Dim; I should have been clearer last Night about what I had in mind.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #591
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Working today on a lengthy post with Brinn and Rollan; in case it takes a while to get it up I just thought I'd let those of you who are staying in the inn area know what will be up.

Brinn's understandably upset at her husband and is banishing him for the night; he's eventually going to try to get Thiliel to look in on her. Hoping to get all that done for today.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #592
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Poor Rollan! (And poor Brinn, too.) Looking forward to reading that!
Just don't come for Thiliel before we've briefed her. I'll try to get something written in the next three hours or so.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #593
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
he's eventually going to try to get Thiliel to look in on her.
Why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Just don't come for Thiliel before we've briefed her.
Yeah. If Coldan, Asta, or Harry want to give her instructions, go ahead. If Thiliel will continue to be conveniently ingnored... well, unnoticed , she'd just take up the task of "covering up" out of the blue. And Brinn, Rollan, Sereth, - Branor and Therian? -make her life difficult!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #594
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Yeah. If Coldan, Asta, or Harry want to give her instructions, go ahead. If Thiliel will continue to be conveniently ingnored... well, unnoticed , she'd just take up the task of "covering up" out of the blue. And Brinn, Rollan, Sereth, - Branor and Therian? -make her life difficult!
Hang on just a bit, I'm working on it.

As for Branor and Therian, I considered including them in the kidnapping theory like Mnemo suggested, but Coldan probably hasn't even noticed that they're missing. (Last time we heard from them, Branor was going to look for Therian IIRC, and Fea mentioned that she had some kind of plan for Therian; would be nice to know what that was.)

EDIT: Thiliel's got her instructions. (Hope I haven't made Asta too mean, Nerwen.)

Last edited by Pitchwife; 05-30-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #595
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
(Hope I haven't made Asta too mean, Nerwen.)
Me too. It was fun writing about her like that. But if you don't like it, Nerwen, I'll take it out of my post.

I edited my post to add the whole Ingold thingy. Now Thiliel is in the common room, if Rollan - or anyone else - wants to find her.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #596
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
G55, if you decide to have Thiliel come and check in on Brinn, she'll have mastered herself by that point and eradicated all traces of her earlier tears.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #597
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Impressive stuff, Mnemo and G55! I love it how one after another of our characters has their own dark night of the soul - even Thiliel has just had an appropriate crisis with her uncle. A Cormare to remember!

And Coldan has just had a stroke of genius bordering on madness how to make it even more unforgettable. Let's hope it's going to rain toNight...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #598
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Impressive stuff, Mnemo and G55!
Thank you, Pitch!

Quote:
I love it how one after another of our characters has their own dark night of the soul - even Thiliel has just had an appropriate crisis with her uncle. A Cormare to remember!
It's one holiday that won't ever be forgotten!

And, you know, now that you mention it, it does seem a bit weird (or is it?) that all the characters are having their "dark night of the soul" all at the same time.

Quote:
Let's hope it's going to rain toNight...
And that there will be a well nearby... wherever the diversion is going to take place.

Poor Harry.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 05-31-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #599
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry Mnemo, I'm probably just making Rollan's day worse and worse, couldn't resist it though.

ps. I love everything that's going on! Asta, Coldan & Harry = <3
Old 06-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #600
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen on game thread
"It would be worth it just to see the looks on their faces!"
For clarity, how exactly did Asta understand Coldan's suggestion? I'm asking because I'm not sure myself whether he just means to start a little firework on the premises or to make Smaug himself in his full glory descend on the House of Burlach - which would be awesome, but even if Asta were reckless enough to take her mecha pet into danger, I don't see how we could move him without alerting everybody at the inn. If you think it can be done, though, I'd absolutely love to.

PS.- Thanks, Lommy!