The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boots WW CI - Mutton yesterDay, mutton toDay and mutton toMorrow

It was very early in the morning somewhere in the foothills of the Misty Mountains. A clan of trolls had recently come down from the mountains and settled in a large cave in rock. They had eaten the three nearby villages and now all they had left were the occasional flocks belonging to the daring shepherds from faraway villages. The trolls were sitting on a small clearing with a fire and some food and waiting for dawn - that is the bed-time of all trolls small and large.

"Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrow!" grumbled Lom, the leader of the troll clan.
"Shut yer mouth or you won't have nothing!" answered Leg who was always at war with Lom because he fancied himself the boss. He was also the best huntsman of the trolls.
"Why's there no bloody humans or something like?" grumbled Green who loved to add her voice to other people's complaints.
"We et a village each, ye booby," replied Bane, who liked to demonstrate his superior intelligence.
"Booby yerself, and Green too. No need to talk while we eat," said Bore, who needed all his concentration for his food.
"Watch it, Bore," said Cop, a troll who liked troll around.
"Yer not the boss," agreed Gil, who always agreed with everyone except when he disagreed.
"I dunno about ye others, but I have no boss," said Lad, who liked arguing.
"Who said that?" growled Lom.
"Twas Lad," said Kat readily.
"Twas Lot," said contradicted Cab.
"What lot? It was just one voice!" Brin protested. She was - sad to say - quite stupid even for a troll.
"Lot as in Lot," clarified Oz, who was always unhelpful like this.
"Twasn't me!" protested Lot, who always protested.
"Shut yer mouth, twas yer," said Mors, who liked settling things whether they went right or wrong.
"Twasn't, twas me," said Nerve, the trollest of the trolls, and possibly the dumbest.
"Twas you who did what?" asked Nog, confused. It was his way to ask questions.

There was a silence.
"Twas her who said there's no boss," said Pom finally. She did think unlike some of the trolls, but slower than a snail.
"I didn't!" Nerve protested.
"Nor did I!" Lot shouted. "I didn't say it! I didn't!"
"Shut yer mouth!" said Rick who was in no mood for nonsense, as usual.
"And ye shut yer mouth too," said Sal, who thought everyone should always be as quiet, as stupid or as dirty as the next troll.
"Everybody shut yer mouth. I'm the boss or you have no food. Understood?" said Lom.
"Unless I bring you some," amended Leg.
"You do nothing of the sort!" warned Lom.
"The fire's dying," piped in Shaz who had been unchracteristically paying attention to the environment.
"Then do something about it and shut yer mouth," said Vol, who was very anti-social even for a troll.

"If Leg don't bring us food, we starve!" said a voice.
"Who said that?" screamed Lom.
"Twas Green," said the voice.
"Twasn't! Shut up Bore!" said Green who was already quite fed up with the discussion.
"I said nothing!" Bore protested. The use of his name - which, as you can see, was not so flattering - always made him angry.
"Yer not," a voice agreed. "But Gil did."
"Shut yer mouth, Kat! I've been quiet as mouse!" Gil cried, eager to demonstrate he wasn't the trouble-maker.
"Mouses are not quiet and besides twasn't me who said that," said Kat who was trying - for the first time in her life - to combine two thoughts in one sentence.
"Mice," corrected another unidentifiable voice.
"Very funny, Cab, you always think yer so smart," said Nerve, who didn't really like smart people.
"I am not smart!" Cab protested, speaking the truth.
"'Tis true, I didn't see his mouth move," said Pom, who had been watching very hard.
"Yer blind as well as stupid," said Sal. "He was chewing mutton all the time."
"He always eats and talks at the same time," complained a voice, which really didn't sound like any that had been heard that evening.
"What's so disgusting about that?" challenged Vol, food spluttering from his mouth as he spoke.
"Nothin," said Bane quickly. "Cop's just prim as an elf-maid."
"I am not!" said Cop hotly.
"Now finish yer mutton and shut yer mouth EVERYONE," said Lom, who was getting pretty angry. "It's getting late and we don't want to be here when dawn comes."

With a lot more grumbling and arguing, the trolls finished their supper. Leg fed the fire and eyed everyone suspiciously. He was quite sure something was wrong. Slowly, the sky was getting lighter. "Let's go now," Leg said, and for once, no one disagreed. The trolls crept into their dark cave and went to bed. When trying to fall asleep, they could still hear a few voices arguing:
"You're in my bed! Get out!" said Lad.
"Nonsense, it is my bed!" said Lot.
"Yer both in my bed and if you don't get out, I'll squish yer heads!" bellowed Mors, who happened to be right, (which he seldom was).
"What was that noise about?" asked Nog, whose sleep had been disturbed.
"Rick's just snoring. Go back to sleep," said Shaz, who never understood anything.
"Twas Brin snoring, not Rick," corrected Oz, who understood even less than Shaz.
"Now shut yer mouths everyone," said Lom for the third and last time. "Or we go back to the mountains."
This threat was enough to silence the noisiest troll, and they all went to bed quite overdoing themselves, as even the stupidest trolls finally found their own beds and managed to put their heads (or their toes) on the pillows and close their eyes. Soon the whole cave was filled with the merry and ear-breaking sound of trollish snoring.

Everybody, however, was not asleep. Unbeknowst to the poor trolls, four wizards had already done away with four of their clan and assumed their likenesses. They had been the four weird voices taking part in their argument. Quietly they rose from their beds and slipped away from the dark unto the harsh light of the day to hatch an evil plan...

~*~

Night1 has started. Wizards, feel free to PM each other. Clever troll, you may send us your dream pick. Others, shut up and sleep until night falls and the Day phase starts.

~*~

The Crew
Thinlómien, "Lom"
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg"

The Cast
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Ozban, "Oz"
Pomegranate, "Pom"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Day 1

The sunlight glistened on the green leaves of the trees, the bees buzzed in the air, warm wind blew from the south and the four Wizards stood by a swift mountain brook running merrily down the slope and discussed their position.
"It is very good, my friends," said one of them. "The foolish trolls won't even notice us. They are really not very bright."
"Less than bright," the second one agreed. "But still it won't go as easily as we thought. As long as there are enough of those who have only a bit of wit left, they will not stay outside until dawn, even if they are arguing like mad."
"Alas, not," said the third Wizard. "But perhaps if there are less of them, who can tell? We might try to lessen their numbers, few by few, until only the dumbest group is left, such a group that will argue until dawn and turn into stone."
"Then we should start by eliminating the most dangerous ones," said the fourth Wizard. "Have you noticed one of them looking around strangely? That one who was supposed to bring food?"
"Leg?" the second Wizard asked. "True, he has bigger head than is good for him, possibly. It does not mean he will be more clever, though."
"Or the leader, Lom," the fourth Wizard continued. "As long as the trolls have a leader, she can always put them in line."
"That is a good point," said the first Wizard. "As long as there is one will behind these creatures, we can never trick them into staying up outside until dawn."
"It's settled, then," said the third Wizard. "We must act, and quick!"

So it happened that Leg was very surprised when another troll woke him up in the middle of the day.
"What's up?" he asked, but the other troll only gestured to the entrance. Grunting and grumbling, he followed.
The troll's cave was huge, so it took them a while until they reached the mouth of the cavern, and there he stopped.
"But," Leg said, "there is still light outside!"
The other troll shrugged. "It ain't a big deal. Others are waiting there."
Leg frowned, looked from the troll to the sunlit ground.
"I ain't that stupid to go out when the sun is still up!"
"But we are here," said one of three trolls who emerged from a group of trees.
"Come, we have something to show you," said another.
Leg frowned even more, and the three, seeing his reluctance, walked close to the arm's reach. One of them extended his stone-colored arm.
"Come, you must see this," the troll said, but by that time, Leg had figured out something was terribly wrong here. He shouted and pounced at the nearest troll, who was still in the shadow of the cave. They fell to the floor, rolling and fighting.
"Help me!" the other troll yelled at his fellows, and suddenly he began changing shape, he was growing small and tried to slip out of Leg's mighty clutch. Leg grabbed for where a moment ago his neck was, but because the Wizard now became distinctly smaller, he grabbed only his hat. That confused him for a moment, and the Wizard rolled himself into safety, leaving Leg staring in suprise at the pointed hat.
That was the point when Lom appeared. She had been sleeping closest to the cave entrance and the sounds of battle woke her up.
"It's wizards!" Leg shouted, rising up. Lom had never been slow to act. With a roar, she slammed her fists into two of the fake trolls, almost knocking them down. Leg also lurched himself at the remaining one and once again it became wrestling on the ground. But what Lom and Leg realised too late was that where the three false trolls stood, the sun was already shining, and suddenly they felt their bodies becoming stiff and heavy.
"Blighted bu-" yelled Lom, and grabbed for the trolls' throats, but too late, she stumbled forwards and exposed her whole body to the sun. In the blink of an eye, she became a statue, holding the two trolls by their throats.
"Uff," said the Wizard wrestled down by Leg, and tried to move himself from under his newly formed statue. "That was close."
"We must be more careful next day," said one of the two Wizards held by Lom, who had returned to his normal shape. To his dismay, his hat remained closed in Lom's fist, as was that of his colleagues whom Lom had also clutched by his throat.
"You are right," he said. "But for now, let us disappear. More might have heard the sound of fighting, and we must not be seen here."
"Let us go back to our places in the cave unseen," advised the last of them, "and there resume our troll form. Let us see what the trolls will do."

Thus the Wizards dispatched the two trolls they considered the most dangerous of all. Unbeknowst to them, however, the most clever of all the trolls in the cave had remained there. This troll's wits were not apparent to everyone, but he, unlike his comrades, was able to think and remember familiar features. And even though it often took hours to the troll to think, he would eventually be able to find the minor details in which the Wizards' disguises differed from the real trolls.

Deep within the cave, one more troll could not sleep. He had been sleeping in a different place every day, in hope to cure his insomnia, but the truth was, he could hardly sleep at all.

As the night came, the trolls began wandering around the woods in the vicinity of their camp in search for something to eat. But there wasn't anything to be found, since all the animals had fled as far away from the troll camp as possible already during the past months. It took long enough for the trolls to discover the two stone slabs, but even as dumb as they were, they eventually figured out that something had changed in the scenery near their home. It was Rick who shouted out first to alert the rest of the trolls to the unusual phenomenon.
"Blimey, Gil, look what I've found!" she said.
"What is it?" said the others coming up.
"Lumme, if I knows!" said Rick.
"Ain't that some o' us?" asked Lot, observing the stones.
"Maybe," Mors opined. "Bu' who?"
"Let's count yerselves," Cop advised. "Tha' way we find how many o' us is missing."
"One," said Vol.
"Two," said Bane.
"One," said Nog.
"Two," Shaz finished.
"Tha' won't work," Pom opined. "Everyone say yer name."
"Nerve," said Nerve.
"Oz," said Oz.
"Where's Leg?" Bore asked, looking around.
"Under yer fat belly, Bore," Sal dismissed him.
"Not me leg, but Leg, with that big 'ead," Bore said.
"He's gone!" shouted Lad.
"Blimey, that's him!" Kat said, knocking at one of the stones in front of them.
"Poor old bugger got 'imself turned to stone!" Cab yelled in frightful voice. "What was he a-thinkin'?"
"An' who be th'other?" asked Green. "Who else is a-missin'?"
"Lumme, if I knows!" said Rick.
"'kay, who else's a-missin', raise yer hand," Brin suggested, but Nog interrupted her.
"No, ye lout! They can't raise them 'ands if they're not 'ere! It's us who must raise our 'ands, o'course!"
"No good raisin' our hands, it'd take all night," Gil remarked.
"Wait! Wait!" Pom began to shout, as she at last noticed something unusual about the statues. "Wha's tha' funny stuff they'r 'oldin' in their 'ands?"
"Lumme, if I-" Rick started, but Vol sprung forwards and tried to wrestle what looked like pieces of colorful clothing from Lom and Leg's closed fists.
"Blimey," Nerve gasped, looking over his shoulder. "These are hats! One, two, two, um, what comes after two?"
"Two, four hats!" Lot finished counting, surprisingly correctly.
"What's a hat got to do in 'ere hands, anyways?" Cab wondered.
"Blimey! These are wizard hats!" Lad gasped, as much as a troll can gasp.
"What's a wizard hat got to do in 'ere, anyways?" Cab retorted.
"Ain't that a-clear?" asked Green, and immediately answered to herself: "No, it ain't."
"Wizards kill trolls," Shaz remembered the one of two tales the trolls usually tell around their fireplaces. "Wha' if they did tha' to Leg and, um, wha' was his name again..."
"Our leader knows every-un's names," Cop suggested. "Let's ask 'er."
"Bu', where's she?" Oz wondered.
"Where's Lom?" others repeated, suddenly realising who's missing.
"Blimey!" shouted Kat, at last. "Tha' must be 'er!" She pointed at the stone standing beside Leg. "Them wizards done her in!"
"Wha' are we gonna do?"
The trolls started shouting on top of each other, as you probably know all trolls do, especially when they are leaderless. Among them, applauding their own ingenuity, were the Wizards, hidden and trying to cause even more confusion in their troll-disguises.

Not all the trolls had been totally careless, though. One of them, who had owned a special troll-purse, realised the full scope of the threat to his person. Using a moment of confusion, the troll slipped aside and whispered to his purse.
"If any dirty wizard wants to get 'is 'ands on me, 'e'll pay. Watch out, for tha' bugger," the troll pointed at one of the others.
"Just so," the purse squeaked. Content, the troll hid it in his pocket and returned to the rest.

The insomniact troll also did not feel entirely comfortable about the situation. Knowing full well he wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, he decided to stand guard over one troll each day, hoping to protect them from the Wizards.

Another of the trolls, however, began to think that perhaps it might not be such a bad idea to get rid of the rest of the trolls. Obviously, if the other trolls were all turned to stone, there will be no need to share his food with anyone. The troll did not know who the Wizards were, but he figured out he could try to help them all the same.

~*~

Day 1 has started. Wizards, stop PMing. Purse-troll, you may send us your target for toDay. Everyone, start trolling. I mean, talking.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1

Dumb and Walking
A Little Green, "Green"
Bane Mantra, "Bane"
Boromir88, "Bore"
Brinniel, "Brin"
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Gil-Galad, "Gil"
Inziladun, "Lad"
Kath, "Kat"
Loslote, "Lot"
McCaber, "Cab"
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Ozban, "Oz"
Pomegranate, "Pom"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"
Volo, "Vol"

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-21-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Oh, we might not need to eat mutton today. I wonder what Wizers taste like. I do think a Wizer a day will keep the day at day. Hmm, I know what, I'll start tasting you trolls to see who tastes like a Wizer. So who shall I lick first? But I know first sometroll needs to lick me to know if I'm a Wizer and if I'm not then I'll lick myself and know that if I ever wanted to eat a Wizer, I shouldn't eat myself. Or thingsum. To know what a Wizer tastes like I need to taste a Wizer and know that the Wizer I'm tasting is a Wizer. Do you think some Wizers have fleshier hats? There's not much meat on the hats here, huh.
I'll go back to sleep though if I can find which way the cave goes deeper and which is the way back to the entrence. I never know. But I like waking up late in the night.
I'll lick myself just to be sure though. If I sometime lick a Wizer and a Wizer tastes like me I'll know I can go to sleep later too.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It's bad we cannae eat stone, others there were nice meat to eat this night.

Maybe Leg an' Lom were wizers and turned themself unto stone? That would be clever, none's ever gonna think they done it.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
"If ever oh ever a wiz there was the wizard of Oz is one because; because, because, because, becaauuuuusssee ..."

Wait, wait, wait, wrong kind of wizard right? I mean I haven't seen any green city round here, and no hot air balloons either. Maybe that clears Green of being an evil wizard type. Or maybe that's what she wants us to think and she's really green as ... as ... a really green evil thing. Like spinach.

Eurgh. Spinach. Just thinking of that has me feeling sick. I'm out of here.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I always wanted t' try a bit o' that burrahobbit I heard about once. But I guess one o' then Wizers could taste mighty good too. I'd like t' see anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Maybe Leg an' Lom were wizers and turned themself unto stone? That would be clever, none's ever gonna think they done it.
Y' know, that'd be jest like 'em two to know something like that. But I reckon they'd have remembered they couldn't eat no more if they was stone.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Cuz us can roast rocky Leggy or eat stony Lommy not. Me say us all do some funny thingy. Say we all turn around to stand on our heads with single toe reaching out to skies having arm on us belly singing or reciting.
Whoever manages is a wizzer, cause no troll ever could.
Troll would never make his arm to sing.

Guess I'll take good midnight nap.

Hit me head when sometin's up.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
"I hopes these Wizzers is tasty Cause I mean I want some meats. But we have to be careful. They's got woody sticky things that pew magic... they's scary...."

Loving the dialogue laughing myself crazy.

MY brain might implode with so many people.

let's see first impression on my feller trollmens

A Little Green, "Green"- been a while don't know his style
Bane Mantra, "Bane"- Brand new, newbie pass for a day?
Boromir88, "Bore"- Sure will confuse me before the end but usually very logical
Brinniel, "Brin"- tends to be fairly low key will watch
Coppermirror, "Cop"- nothing stands out
Gil-Galad, "Gil"- thinks like me sometimes, might be able to read her better.
Inziladun, "Lad"- sneaky as a wolf sly as an ordo so toss up
Kath, "Kat"- don't recall playstyle
Loslote, "Lot"- usually logical
McCaber, "Cab"- go either way usually ends up on my suspicious list
Morsul the Dark, "Mors"- will confuse all, but in this game makessense
Nerwen, "Nerve"- Quiet cordial always under my radar
Nogrod, "Nog"- Highly logical and might be tough to spot if a wolf
Ozban, "Oz"- New to me
Pomegranate, "Pom"- tends to be suspicious to me
Rikae, "Rick"- don't recall playstyle
satansaloser2005, "Sal"- getting better at not tunnel visioning her try to read better
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz"- Go either way
Volo, "Vol"- Don't recall

Thanks for alphabetical order makes my life easier.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
"Lot"- usually logical
'Ogical? What's this 'ogical? Is it a food? Is it a Wizer thing? You callin' me a Wizer? Hey, how 'bout you're a wizer, huh? How's that for 'ogical?

An' what's Kat doin' singin' 'bout Wizers of Oz? She sayin' Oz is a Wizer? You know sommut we don'?

Last edited by Loslote; 01-21-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: bolded names
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Blimey, Volo! stop yer lickin' me! If I don't serpose haf of you taste haff as well as I should like and I like less than haff of you haff as well as you would taste!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, if there are wizards that means four of us will turn into wolves every night, right? I don't know if I remember how this goes, it's been a while. How many of the wizards are evil? I'm guessing it'd be two, because that's fair, so two of us will turn into wolves and another, um... two will become gifted, right?

But never mind that, because we all know I'm the clever one around here! I say you listen to me and lynch Lad, because he's up to no good and besides he's got plenty of meat on his bones. How about it?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #12
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, if there are wizards that means four of us will turn into wolves every night, right? I don't know if I remember how this goes, it's been a while. How many of the wizards are evil? I'm guessing it'd be two, because that's fair, so two of us will turn into wolves and another, um... two will become gifted, right?
There ain't never been no good Wizer. Or, mayhap the only good Wizer is a dead Wizer. Or a roasted Wizer. Or a boiled Wizer. Or maybe a stewed Wizer...but annerway, all the Wizers are bad. T'only 'giftereds' 'round 'ere are Trolls t'the bone.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath, "Kat"- don't recall playstyle
M'favourite's that one with all the singing where everyone dies. Shame you don't get to eat 'em at the end. Don't think there was a wizard in that one though. Think this Mors is trying to distract us here! More talk of us trolls than them wizards.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
But never mind that, because we all know I'm the clever one around here! I say you listen to me and lynch Lad, because he's up to no good and besides he's got plenty of meat on his bones. How about it?
Clever you may be, but It's those who aren't up to no good who are the ones to fear here.

And "plenty of meat"? You obviously haven't seen me.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Tasty Wizer, Good Wizer. Sneaky Wizer, no good. Sneaky, Tasty Wizer... Soon Dead Wizer.

I would love to write the whole day in troll-talk, but I'm afraid it won't lead us far (though I love your version of it, Rikae). After all, fluency in accent writing is not the best measure for troll-ness and wizardness.

Just recapping the rules. There are four wolves and a cobbler. Three gifteds. 19 players. That makes 14 players on the side of the trolls and 5 against. No complex rules demanding complex strategies to be discussed on the first day. A lot of name-remembering though - I don't think I've ever played in this big a game.

Morsul's been putting some effort in, though I'm not entirely sure what it gives us. I guess rather a setting to his mind than anything from this game - going through playstyles and such. I have to ask - when you say I usually seem suspicious, does that mean that you'll suspect me regardless or that you will try to avoid suspecting me on gut feeling, because I always seem that to you anyway?

And as little information as trolling around gives us, saying nothing gives us even less. It is the start of the Night (Day) only, but hopefully we'll hear soon from the rest of the people. I should be in bed, so shall be back later with hopefully some conversation going on. As much as Day Ones are always Day Ones, something can always be acquired as long as the discussion keeps going.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Morsul's been putting some effort in, though I'm not entirely sure what it gives us. I guess rather a setting to his mind than anything from this game - going through playstyles and such. I have to ask - when you say I usually seem suspicious, does that mean that you'll suspect me regardless or that you will try to avoid suspecting me on gut feeling, because I always seem that to you anyway?
That I'll try avoiding knee jerk reactions. I have terrible tunnel vision in these games(been getting better though) and with 17 other eople this is definitely something I can't afford to do.

I certainly feel odd being the least IC on the first page
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh my, didn't count 18 other players wow this game is full.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Gil-Galad, "Gil"- thinks like me sometimes, might be able to read her better.
Oy! Watch who ur calling she-troll ya rockhead.

If there be Wizer, or Wizer's amongst us I reckon there be too many of us right now. Let e'veryone say their bit. See if Ol' Gil's nose can sniff out dem Wizer's.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
Oy! Watch who ur calling she-troll ya rockhead.

If there be Wizer, or Wizer's amongst us I reckon there be too many of us right now. Let e'veryone say their bit. See if Ol' Gil's nose can sniff out dem Wizer's.
...Well this is embarrassin I misread your name thought you were G55..

So Gil- Don't recall playstyle.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I ate a wizer once. Roastin 'im werent very tastey, too stringy., er it may 'ave been a lizer.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
Gil-Galad

Quote:

So Gil- Don't recall playstyle.
Past games I die immediately. I am kinda like the Red Shirt of WW games.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pom's suggestion seems to be fairly genuine little information is better than no information.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #23
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Pom's suggestion seems to be fairly genuine little information is better than no information.
Well, it was sensible enough, but I wouldn't call it a "suggestion". A standard Day 1 statement, more like.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Kath sings a bit about wizard of oz. banter or cobbler hint?

In response to me reiterates the singing bit. Drawing attention to the hint?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I invade minds.

Clearly I am the wizard.

*jumps off a cliff*
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #26
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oi iz here! End it seems Leg and Lom dun git et by wizzards. Oi hears they can gobbles down a troll quick as ye loike. Er, as they loikes.

Ennywho, it seems this Noight be mighty talkertive, an as Oi just git back from the daily grind, it'll take me a whoile ta catch up.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #27
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oy! That Pom's making' me head ache with 'er jabber! I don't trust those as can't talk proper.
Edit: x'd with various.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #28
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
An' 'oo's this Galadriel55 as says she's a wizard? I don't trust 'er. Why would a wizard up an' say she's a wizard? Nah, she's lyin', I reckon. So she must be a 'orrible, lyin' wizard!
...'Arf a moment... Gah! Now me 'ead really 'urts! What's the good of bein' made of stone, I arks yer?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #29
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Dropping the accent as I can feel it eating away my brain cells.

Our cast and my thoughts, in order of appearance:
Volo: Makes the traditional in-character first post. Nothing since then. But it's late now in his time zone, so I'll only expect more in the morning.
Pom: Rules recap, an eye on Morsul, and telling people to talk more.
Kath: IC posts and suspicion of Morsul.
Inzil: claims to be too skinny to eat and defends Pom. Automatically suspicious, as every troll knows that anything worth having is worth eating.
Ozban: IC post, bows out for the night.
Morsul: runs down a list of gut feelings, and is trying his best to lead an actual discussion of what little we know toNight. I've got to appreciate that kind of effort.
Lottie: We already know Wizards are tasty. That's why we want to eat 'em.
Boro: IC posts.
Rikae: Dueling Wizards flashback. Snap out of it, Rikae!
Gil: claims to be a werewolf redshirt. Maybe we lynch him first just out of tradition?
G55: Is she even in this game? There's more than enough players as it is. We don't need bypassers messing things up even more.
Nerwen: More suspicion of Pom.

Everyone else: quiet. Too quiet...
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I see, so Pom, Inzil and McCaber are trying to convince us that wizards don't act like wizards. Suspicious. Why would they be called "wizards" if they didn't change anyone's role, hmmm? Who would want us to think the wizards had fewer powers than they do, other than... wizards?

Accents? You're all just a bunch of lunkheads that never got any proper education. Just because I'm a troll doesn't mean I don't know the difference between "its" and "it's". Its obvious because of it's apostrophe.

Now, what's this about singing having to do with cobbler hinting?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Past games I die immediately. I am kinda like the Red Shirt of WW games.
Now that's downright ridiculous. Insinuating that a troll would wear a shirt. Only wizards wear shirts. Hey, wait a minute....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Now that's downright ridiculous. Insinuating that a troll would wear a shirt. Only wizards wear shirts. Hey, wait a minute....
Sometimes my pants are my shirts, and vice-versa. Troll onesies if you will.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #33
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Sometimes my pants are my shirts, and vice-versa. Troll onesies if you will.
Normal trolls don't wear clothes, ye fool!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I see, so Pom, Inzil and McCaber are trying to convince us that wizards don't act like wizards. Suspicious. Why would they be called "wizards" if they didn't change anyone's role, hmmm? Who would want us to think the wizards had fewer powers than they do, other than... wizards?

Accents? You're all just a bunch of lunkheads that never got any proper education. Just because I'm a troll doesn't mean I don't know the difference between "its" and "it's". Its obvious because of it's apostrophe.

Now, what's this about singing having to do with cobbler hinting?
Lunkhead yerself! An' when did Pom, Lad 'n' Cab say anything' about wizards not actin' like wizards?

That about singin' cobblers is all Mors.. Don't see much in it meself.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #35
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I know a foolproof way to find out which of us are the good-for-everything, hoity toity wizards. Everyone hold up their feet. Right now, I say! Hold up yer stinkies, my friends!

Whoever be wearing shoes is the traitor. The wizards theyselves, they'll be wearing shoes as well, but fancy shoes. Probably shirts too, like Gil.

....Why is everyone on the ground?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #36
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Is it just me, or do I sound less like a troll and more like a pirate?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #37
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Normal trolls don't wear clothes, ye fool!
Don't wear clothes? That's the daftest thing I 'ever 'eard! 'Ow are we meant to keep purses in our pockets if we don't 'ave pockets to keep 'em in, yer big booby?

EDIT: x'd with Sally.

Last edited by Nerwen; 01-21-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Don't wear clothes? That's the daftest thing I 'ever 'eard! 'Ow are we meant to keep purses in our pockets if we don't have pockets to keep 'em in?
We're trolls! We don't need pockets or purses. We just steals what we need or scare people into giving it to us. Purses! Pockets! Who ever heard of such a thing?

You're an odd troll, you are.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #39
Gil-Galad

Well I'm keepin' mah nice red shirt if I can't have pants.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #40
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well I'm keepin' mah nice red shirt if I can't have pants.
If you insist. I remember when trolls conducted themselves with grace and joy.

No. Wait. That was filled their bellies with Grace and Joy.