The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2007, 06:41 AM   #201
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We don't know .... unfortunately ... never happened before - can only guess

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #202
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Here's a couple of ways I can think of–

1. Each of the lovers dies if both the others are killed.

2. "Idril" dies if both her lovers do. "Tuor" and "Maeglin" die if "Idril" does.

You're right, anyway, we need to start considering the lovers.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #203
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Legate, I owe you an apology. I was confusing your late post, where you made the remark about Rikae being a menace whatever she was, with this early one (#30):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
One could say, having in mind what you said, that she is really asking to be lynched. You want to be lynched? Okay, we'll give you that! If you are a cobbler, no harm done. If you are a balrog, here we go - we caught you! However, this point of view would be a little oblivious to the possibility that Rikae is innocent. Personally, I don't see an ordo Rikae likely to risk in such a manner in order to divert suspicion from herself (if anything, it would have to be a joke). However, since she did not comment on her behavior this far, one cannot drop in too much conclusions...
In fact, you're right– you didn't say the thing I've been talking about until just before voting, at the end of the Day, and not until after there had been several votes cast for Rikae already.

I don't know how I came to make that mistake, because I re-read everything. I'm really sorry.

So, Legate, you're starting to look much less balroggish to me now. I don't think you'll get my vote.

I'm sure you'll find some way to interpret this apology as yet another example of my diabolical honey-tongued duplicity. (Ah, Saruman and I... we're like peas in a pod...)

Your arguments against me are the same as before: I'm cautious, threfore I'm guilty.

And then there's Mac's behaviour. First that was the linchpin of your case, then it was unimportant, now it's Exhibit A again. Do make up your mind.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #204
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Brinniel

As I promised, my analysis on Brinniel.

And please folks forgive if this post looks stupid to you. I was making it mainly for myself, so I did not bother with giving it a complex and easily readable form.

DAY 1
Has nothing to say. says even innocent-seeming and newbies should be watched.

After being criticised by Nogrod for saying nothing, says she at least said something.

Tells Rikae that using vote such as that is a waste.
This far, nothing suspicious to me at all. From the following posts, there could be something that could be ambivalent, but you'll see.

Analysis of all who have posted that far. Mac was not among them, so I'm skipping that now (you can look at it yourselves). Names three possibilities why Rikae acted as he acted.

Quotes and disagrees with Mac. This seems very innocentish to me. Has to go, votes Rikae. Then she says that controversial thing about Rikae. Or: the thing that several people thought suspicious. I don't think so. What she said does not seem actually in any way innormal. Says Nog is her second suspect.

Overall, on Day 1, she puts everything in a very calm way and no way raises suspicion for me. This could also mean that she is a very careful balrog. But since there is no evidence in the beginning, I cannot accuse her of anything.

DAY 2

Says Nog is making far more sense that Day. In this post, she explains one thing about Mac (instead of letting him do that, but many people do that, including me) but quite logically, from my point of view. Tries to clear things between her and Nog (why she suspected him).
This could be trying to side with Nog. But if she's a balrog, why? Had she realized that TM is the Seer after what he said and that he dreamt of Nog? But her defense of Mac is very mild, in fact, I wouldn't even call it a defense.

Analyzes a few people, from my POV nothing worth mentioning. Only says that Nog has good points about Mac, but is wary of the possibility of rallying masses - tactics from him. She tends to agree with me, which could be somewhat suspicious (picking the good horses), but otherwise nothing suspicious here to me. Does not like TM is so quick to bandwagon against Mac. Says Mac does not feel like typical Mac and is too defensive.
Here she starts to be suspicious about Mac. Not suspicious at that moment.

Only helps to clear up some rules.

A list of whom she finds suspicous, at least partially: Mac, Nog (keeps switching thoughts on him), Kath for her attitude to Nog, TM for bandwaggoning, Gil for two safe-votes in two days.

Says she'll vote for Mac or TM, whom she does not want to simply leave as I did.

Says Mac is most probably a desperate balrog (and that me and TM being a master and an apprentice is a really scary idea).
Now this may be, if she were a balrog, that she already dropped Mac as a collateral damage.

Says we cannot spread votes anymore (Mac 3, Gil 2, Nerwen 1, TM 2). Mac or Might?
Does not know whom to choose. Now, if she's a balrog, getting TM lynched would be nice, especially if she knows he's a seer. But, that would also get her suspicious. Could it be that this post was a vanguard of the post that was about to come? That would make sense for a balrog.

Votes TM in the very last second. Note, this would not save Mac unless someone else voted (and also it did not - it was the last vote that day, 2 minutes before DL). A balrog could have hoped to save a comrade this way if someone appeared in the last minutes. It could be that Brinn, if she were a balrog, could have waited if she could safely vote for Mac or that she did not know what to do and in the last second tried to desperately save Mac? The former looks too complicated on me. I think Mac's co-balrog would have acted with more sureness, either for Mac or TM, but no need to prolongate this pondering. Only whether she was waiting for something to happen.

(xed with Lommy's stop post) Sees that it did not make much difference.

I am going to stop here on posts #145 and #149. First, Brinn says "I don't know. Mac or Might?" Then Mac votes for TM, making the votes for TM 2. Then Brinn votes TM.

Now, this is what troubles me, for this can be balrogish. Let's see this scenario: Start of Day 2. TM says he suddenly switched his opinion on Nogrod. Brinn concludes he is the Seer and Nog innocent. She sides with Nog. People start to go for Mac. She is prepared to leave him die, but as she sees suspicion against TM, sees an opportunity to lynch the Seer (or if she did not realize his role, then at least opportunity to lynch an innocent instead of Mac. But the Seer thing would be more logical, as we'll see - it's a stronger reason). She's waiting whether to vote Mac or TM: if she votes Mac, she can be the one to seal the fate of her comrade - she does not want to abandon hope. But if she votes in the way that it saves Mac from the gallows, then she will be definitely suspicious. But if she's sure that she lynches the Seer AND saves her friend, I'd say that's worth it. She really does not want to spread votes anymore: she wants everyone to vote Gil or TM, if possible. And she does not know yet how Mac is going to vote. Then, when she sees Mac voting for TM, she decides and votes also in hope that someone else joins the cause, saving Mac from gallows.
That's just a scenario, however. I don't know whether it's plausible. There are other good reasons why she acted how she did - simply, because she was indeed undecided.

Let's move on:
DAY 3

Says it's obvious that TM dreamt of Nog on night 2, as only that makes sense (with this I agree). Speaks about several people, including myself, to the situation. Agrees with me on Nerwen.

Speaks about Nerwen, the new thing she adds to what I said are some things about Nerwen's analysis of Volo and her "accusing her accuser" (me).

Clears up things to Naria (about TM's dreams - I said the same thing also as I overlooked it). Clears up some other things about Gil (who said she was defending Mac), replies to Shasta... Says that it's good to see the "enigmas" are more vocal, probably out of fear of modkill.

Says Nerwen's defensive behavior resembles Mac's yesterDay.

In these last posts, she openly sides with me against Nerwen. Again, this can be the "betting on a good horse", now hoping (as a balrog) that by siding with me she wins the day.

So, Brinn, if you are a balrog, I give you the permission to burst with evil laughter now. I am not decided on you being too suspicious.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #205
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Legate, I owe you an apology. I was confusing your late post, where you made the remark about Rikae being a menace whatever she was, with this early one (#30):
Apology accepted, Captain Needa.

Quote:
I'm sure you'll find some way to interpret this apology as yet another example of my diabolical honey-tongued duplicity. (Ah, Saruman and I... we're like peas in a pod...)
Yes, I could. Let's say - now you are behaving again safe, backing away. But there's one thing, you behave like that always - I would expect a change in your behavior had you been a balrog. So maybe, maybe it's indeed your style. But that's still not leaving it.

Quote:
Your arguments against me are the same as before: I'm cautious, threfore I'm guilty.

And then there's Mac's behaviour. First that was the linchpin of your case, then it was unimportant, now it's Exhibit A again. Do make up your mind.
I said: both.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-17-2007, 08:53 AM   #206
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Mac on Brinn

Sort of a finish to my Brinn-analyse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Brinn starts by saying nothing and only agreeing. She then snaps at the first criticism, too. In her case, it seems less innocent than in TM's. Her later thoughts appear much better, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I think there is quite a bit which can be seen from the way people deal with Rikae.
There's the baffled ones, like TM, Shasta, Sally, Kath.
There's the analysers, like Legate, Brinniel, and Nerwen.
Their reactions are the common ones and, I think, rather unsuspicious.
(then he continues on Mith&Nog who are suspicious to him. And mentions Nerwen: "Nerwen pointed out her confusion once too often, too." - I don't know if I mentioned this in my analysis of Nerwen.)

Quote:
leaning unsuspicious
Brinniel
Then there is a new Day, and about five posts nothing but silence on her.

What to make out of it? He's keeping very consistent and logical about her (see on next Day). Is it possible that she's an ordo and he already made some decision on how to approach to her, or that she is a balrog and he acts the way that they keep enough distance? May be so. He tries to mention her enough, but not too much. But of course no one can mention everyone in all his posts.

DAY 2
#116 about 3 and half an hour before DL (so, quite late)
Quote:
And while I'm 'only' very wary of Nogrod, I am very suspicious of Brinniel. I will come back to that when I'm back.
#124 is an analysis of Brinn. You'd have to look at it as a whole, I'm not quoting it here.

Then one post nothing, then #137 he starts by quoting and replying to Brinn and then says that he would like to go for Brinn, but no one else wants to. I also suggest you read it whole if you are interested in the Brinn-case.

Then he voted TM for reasons above (he was the only co-bandwaggon that could save him, and he said one post before that he does not want to vote for Gil).

Yes, the things in #116 and #124 look really strange. It's either that he wants to drag innocent Brinn down with him, or that it's a double-trick and he wants us to think that she's not a fellow balrog because he would not put a fellow balrog to such danger.

I need to read, read, read and see also what others think about it, if they have any points about things I overlooked and then I need to think, think, think.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #207
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
First of all, Legate I thank you for your handy little post a bit ago. It makes my post SO much easier, especially since I've just woken up. So if I seem a little fuzzy, it's because I am.

Really condensed nutshell version:
Brinn tells Rikae her vote is a waste (nonretractable and all that)
Brinn is the FIRST ONE to vote Rikae (not including Rikae herself of course)

That alone makes her suspicious in my eyes. She says she doesn't want Rikae to come back the next day and look innocent. I'm thinking Brinn didn't want her to come back at all. (yeah obvious I know. again, I'm tired)

Also I'm not terribly at ease with the fact that everyone assumes Might has dreamed about certain people. Now it does make sense from Might's posts that he DID dream about Nogrod, but perhaps it was just his voting of Mac that cleared him in Might's eyes. Besides Nogrod however, and even that is fuzzy, I am very uncertain as to who Might might have dreamed of. I just felt the need to throw that out there.

Updated suspect list (very subject to change)
Brinn (see above posts by several people)
Kath (still makes me uneasy....don't know why though)
Mith (post 148 Mith says everyone needs to vote or Mac will die by default....protecting her balrog brother?)

Not really sure WHAT to think
Legate
Gil
Nerwen

Thinking they're probably innocent (or not worth my trouble)
Nogrod (assuming that Might DID indeed dream of him)
Shasta
Naria

be back tomorrow night (after the next day starts) with more comments. also may be able to borrow a friend's internet connection right before deadline if i am needed. good luck all~!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #208
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hey, Legate, you realize that your cautious, unwilling-to-commit-yourself analysis of Brinniel is, according to you, a symptom of balroggery? In fact you've been playing pretty darn carefully most of the time. I find it... interesting that you claim to see your own playing style as evidence of guilt in somebody else.

I'm also noting that though I've taken back part of my argument, you were the one who made the main case against Rikae– so I still think it's odd that you went after me for my actions that Day. Now you say the Rikae angle isn't important, but in your original accusation it most certainly was.

However, I've been reading through the posts at the end of yesterDay, and I'm inclining towards thinking Brinniel's more suspicious.

What's bugging me, though, is that the two people who have already voted Brinniel are both ones I'm doubtful about, especially Sally with her modus operandi of "pop up from nowhere, make bizarre comment, disappear again". Still, she seems to have got better.

Hmmn. I don't know what to think, yet. I have to make up my mind very soon.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-17-2007 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Changing a comment
Old 11-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #209
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I have to go now, so

++Brinniel.

I've been reading through her anti-me posts from earlier. Some very twisted logic there.

I'm still dubious about Legate, though.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #210
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Nerwen! You seem to be misusing the fact that I tried to look at you in somewhat calmer way...

Anyway, seems I don't have time to make analyses on anyone else toDay, in fact I'm rather exhausted... and I'm not even going to reply to Nerwen, because all she says I have already answered before so there's no need to repeat myself hundred times over... I'm going to appear before the DL and then vote, and most probably for Nerwen. There is still time for people to post whatever they think might be helpful...

One thing I can say as very probable is that if Nerwen is not a balrog, Brinniel is. And if we lynch Brinniel and she is not a balrog, I say we lynch Nerwen. Simple as that.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #211
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Mith (post 148 Mith says everyone needs to vote or Mac will die by default....protecting her balrog brother?)
Sally, you are free to suspect me but I fear you misunderstandand misrepresent me . That is not what my post says at all. "Vote swiftly or it will be Mac by default" was aimed specifically at Brinniel's dithering between Mac and the Might a couple of posts earlier .

I wasn't trying to protect Mac.. I wanted Brinniel to nail her colours to the mast. Not vote to save Mac but a vote to leave an "audit trail". If people leave voting to late then abstain on the grounds that it wasn't going to make a difference it is a bit shifty to me.

If for arguments sake Brinniel and Mac were both wolves and they had already a strong suspicion that the Might was the seer - not impossible given the various possible hints, Brinniel was in an awkward situation last night - either to put Mac's vote quite beyond reach or to vote for the seer. Either could look bad when the role was revealed on death... but not voting looks bad too. Of course ordos dither too but you have to folow up what leads you can.
But to take that post so out of context and twist it .... and make it grounds for major suspicion? That is a little suspicious...

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #212
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
One thing I can say as very probable is that if Nerwen is not a balrog, Brinniel is. And if we lynch Brinniel and she is not a balrog, I say we lynch Nerwen. Simple as that.
Agreed. And if we both get lynched, and neither of us are balrogs... I think you all know who to lynch next, right?

Now I really have to go. Good night, all.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-17-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: word left out
Old 11-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #213
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A half an hour left til deadline....where is everyone? Five votes have been made, so five more should be coming in.

I was going to go after Nerwen or even Kath, but it seems now I will have to vote for either Legate or Sally if there's any chance of saving myself.

I still don't find Legate all that suspicious. Sally I'm not so sure.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #214
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry, I know I've barely been here toDay but I've been out since midday and only just got back and I want to go watch what's left of Come Dancing so I'm gonna vote quickly and go. I will try to be much more active tomorrow as I shouldn't be as busy!

The Day has seemed mostly to be an argument between Nerwen and Legate, but I don't actually think either is suspicious for it. It reminds me of my argument with Noggie, so I can hardly accuse them on that basis.

The suspects of the Day seem to be Nerwen and Brinn. Well, I don't find Nerwen suspicious and I'm not sure about Brinn. I've seen analyses of her and I can see the arguments against her, and I've also not managed to get a feel on her yet and that, well, lack of anything does suggest some suspicion to me. But I'm not convinced.

Mith has suddenly become very calm but then she hasn't really been under suspicion toDay. Still she answered Nerwen very calmly, so I'm thinking she's innocent at the moment.

Argh, where have I got to.

Probably innocent:
Mithalwen
Legate of Amon Lanc
Nogrod
Nerwen

Really can't get a grip on:
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Naria
satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin

Huh, so basically I think everyon who speaks is innocent and everyone that doesn't is suspicious. Wrong way round for me!

But, of those I'm left with. Oh I really don't know toDay. Actually, I think I might put Shasta into the innocent list, as reading back over her posts quickly they actually look pretty good. And Naria, I don't think a balrog would have such confusion over how many Night's we've had so I guess she's eliminated. Which leaves Brinn, Gil and Sally.

I don't want to vote Gil. He's really getting involved this game and that's hardly something to be discouraged. It does generally mean he has a role of some kind but I haven't seen enough yet to know if it's a good or bad one.

Brinn or Sally, Brinn or Sally. I've gone over their posts. Brinn's mostly analytical, Sally's a little lacking in substance. So:

++SALLY

Because of the comments around The Might mostly I think. We all know that everything we assume about who he dreamt of is just that, an assumption, so this seems an odd comment:

Quote:
I just felt the need to throw that out there.
Right, I'm off.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #215
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Since Nog is not here

A post count ...correct me if I am wrong

Brinniel 3 (Sally, Gol, Nerwen)
Sally 1 (Nogrod)
Legate 1 (Shasta)

Not voted

Legate, Me, Kath, Naria, Brinniel.

Every has at least turned up, still open .... hmmm

Last edited by Mithalwen; 11-17-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Got voter and votee wrong way round eek!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #216
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok.... hmmI was thinking about voting Sally sinceI didn't like her twisting my words but I can never not suspect Kath.. and that makes Sally less suspicious gah.... and I while I can't say I am certain about Brinniel..I am suspicious enough to be cautious about letting her off the hook... 20 minutes....

Old 11-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #217
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright then.

++Sally

To have any shot of saving myself. She does have a bit of an odd behaviour, though I'm not sure I would actually call it suspicious. Yet, I think Legate is more likely to be innocent anyway.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #218
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I don't want to vote Gil. He's really getting involved this game and that's hardly something to be discouraged. It does generally mean he has a role of some kind but I haven't seen enough yet to know if it's a good or bad one.
Yep a 2 posts per day average must be a record ....

Old 11-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #219
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
To be truthful, I'm a little concerned about getting voted. But alas, if you all wish to kill me, that will be your decision.

To clarify, I don't find Nogrod suspicious really. I just don't like to assume things too quickly, thus I question Might's clues to us. They could be completely random, but indeed the odds are in favor of Nogrod's innocence. Either way, I don't think he's harboring balrog tendencies.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #220
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Brinn seems fairly happy to sacrifice someone else to save herself by the way. Although I agree with her, Legate is leaning toward innocence in my book too.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:58 PM   #221
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh mandos .... I get stuck with the casting vote .... and I can never make decisions ..... 2 suspects and I trust some of the voters in both camps more than others ...

Old 11-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #222
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sally, did you change your post? I swear it read something differently a second ago...
Old 11-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #223
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Alas it appears this will be my dying post, so I shall wish you all good luck in your balrog hunting endeavors, just in cae. I hope to play again with you all soon either way!

Yeah I did. Sorry I miscounted the votes and was saying a quick goodbye was all. Basically "good luck guys" but since I miscounted I just edited my post so I didnt have to post again about Legate and stuff.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 11-17-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: put my original back in....sorry!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #224
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

*steps in* So I guess no one goes for Nerwen after all, eh?

Okay. So it's probably Sally or Brinn. It's interesting - I just swiftly looked through Sally's posts and, well, she's not much vocal. The current idea is that I'd rather lose a quieter player than a vocal one. It now find the idea of vocal balrog Brinn around better than that of quiet Sally. But Sally does not seem suspicious - well, she does not seem like anything, because she posts almost nothing. And Nerwen-Sally balrogs could be possible maybe also? (no, I have not dropped that case yet ) Anyway, however it ends, if Brinn is lynched and she's innocent, I say we look at Nerwen tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #225
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Gah that is making it hard from me ... that kind of post is really inappropriate and changing it....

Old 11-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #226
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Given that I saw the content I don't know what to do - faux naive... Nerwen, legate is quite good to have around ..... this lovers thing bothers me - makes it hard to be definite about folk

Old 11-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #227
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Sorry about that, just a little jumpy today. I put the original information back in. My mistake :S
Old 11-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #228
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Not making up your mind is going to look very bad tomorrow...
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #229
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

It's a try... a random roll whether someone crossposts with me or not

++Sally

EDIT: x-ed with Brinn. Now I wonder what I have done by this.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #230
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

++Brinniel...

I tossed a coin not a dwarf

Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #231
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shhhh...

Please, stop discussing. Sally is dead. Role revelation and narration to follow.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #232
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I changed my m ind even as I posted ... or the coin did

Old 11-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #233
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day3 ends

The day passed in heated debates and accusations were flying around like lime-coloured rectangular flying saucers. In the end, the miners found it really difficult to choose whether to lynch Brinniel or Sally. They obviously couldn't settle the matter by voting as there were precisely as many for lynching Brinn and for lynching Sally. ”What shall we do?” Gil-Galad voiced the popular thought.

”I know!” Mith said, ”Let's toss a coin!”
”A coin?” Nerwen asked sceptically.
”But of course! Not a real coin, but we make a coin of them!” Kath said, ”Brinniel, which one you'd prefer to be, heads or tails?”
”Heads...”, she said, wondering what kind of trap she was walking into.
”I'll have tails then”, Sally said.

So the miners took a rope and tied Brinn and Sally back against back.
”Now, we should just somehow toss them and see which one lands on the top”, Nogrod observed.
”Let's take them to that high rock over there and throw upwards”, Shasta suggested.
No one except Sally and Brinn disagreed so they brought the two young ladies to the rock.

”One”, said Naria,
”Two”, said Mith,
”THREE!” said Kath and the miners thusted Brinniel and Sally in the air. The young women screamed while the other miners applauded wildly.

THUMP. Brinniel and Sally hit the ground. Sadly for Sally, Brinniel landed on the top. Even though Brinniel was not heavy, her weight, the considerable height and the speed had performed their task. Sally was no longer among the living.
Laying in a pool of blood and broken bones, Brinniel passed out.

”Now I wonder what we have done by this”, Legate muttered.

~*~

Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - killed by a wingless balrog on Night1
Rikae (ordo) - ate too many cobblers on Day1
Volo (Maeglin the Cobbler Lover) - dropped by a winged balrog on Night2
Lhunardawen (ordo) - committed suicide by smashing her own head on Day2
Macalaure (The Balrog with Swing) - left after being insulted by his low-class fans on Day2
The Might (Eärendil the Seer) - became the miners' shining star on Night3
satansaloser2005 (ordo) - landed face down on Day3

Living
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Naria
Nerwen
Nogrod
Shastanis Althreduin

Night4 has begun. Lovers and balrogs may discuss. Balrogs and remaining gifteds may send me their picks.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-17-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #234
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Day4 dawns...

The two balrogs crept closer to the place where Gil-Galad was sleeping. ”Time to die, dude”, the Balrog with Bling whispered evilly. The balrogs raised their fiery weapons to finish the miner, but their deadly whips were tangled around an unsheathed sword. ”Not yet”, Gil-Galad said softly, his eyes burning with ardent anger. He swung his sword in a mighty arch and both balrogs lost grip of their weapons.

”I am Glorfindel of the Golden Flower, a High Noldorin Lord! You won't slaughter me like a maggot like you have slaughtered my people. Deal with my blade!” Gil-Galad shouted. Furious because of the loss of their weapons and being confronted, the balrogs attacked the elf. He parried their attacks easily, and managed to get between the two balrogs. He raised his sword and charged towards the Balrog with Bling, chanting: ”Ei múmitaloa lucita yócsi, hei múmí! Cun hamara hípú yo tahtien vyócsi, hei múmí...! Nyt carceloi cansa ya cunnailla soi, cas múmeilta elamá opia voi... hei múmí!”

Screaming, the Balrog with Bling ran. She ran to the balrogs' secret exit and up to the mountain slope. Behind her, Gil-Galad ran, swinging his gleaming sword and after him, the Balrog who Sings, uncharacteristically silent.

The Balrog with Bling realised she was in a dead end. She could not escape anymore. The High Elf was right behind her and her fellow balrog was still too far away to be of any assistance. Screaming hideously, she turned to attack Gil-Galad. Their eyes locked.

”I knew it was you”, the elf said, ”nice to meet you in your true form, Brinniel.”
”You know nothing, dude”, she said, ”we are da werebalrogs and you're gonna lose!”
”I don't think so”, Gil-Galad said, aiming a mighty blow towards the balrog.
Brinniel parried the blow with her arm and it was lopped away. ”Just a flesh wound”, she hissed, ready to retaliate. But she never got the chance. Gil-Galad cast her to the gorge. She fell, but she managed to swing her big golden bling chain around his feet and dragged him with her to the abyss.

Even when he died, Gil-Galad was laughing. ”Fly, you fool”, he told Brinn, ”if you can.” But because the Moddess Goddess had decreed balrogs don't have wings, Brinniel could do nothing to help her situation, only to curse her cruel fate and the cruel Mod.

~*~

Dead
Thinlómien (mod) - killed by a wingless balrog on Night1
Rikae (ordo) - ate too many cobblers on Day1
Volo (Maeglin the Cobbler Lover) - dropped by a winged balrog on Night2
Lhunardawen (ordo) - committed suicide by smashing her own head on Day2
Macalaure (The Balrog with Swing) - left after being insulted by his low-class fans on Day2
The Might (Eärendil the Seer) - became the miners' shining star on Night3
satansaloser2005 (ordo) - landed face down on Day3
Gil-Galad (Glorfindel the Hunter) – died in a duel on Night4
Brinniel (The Balrog with Bling) – died in a duel on Night4

Living
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Naria
Nerwen
Nogrod
Shastanis Althreduin

Day 4 has started. You may start chatting.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #235
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Very nice. Gil, if you hear us where you are now, know you did a great job. Now I guess our situation is far, far better and also far, far clearer.

First, now that Brinn is dead, we can make conclusions depending on her attitude towards people and other people's towards her, and on yesterday's voting. What strikes me immediately is that we can say Mith is not probably a balrog - unless she read my vote before she posted, which I find very, very, very unlikely.

My favourite suspect's, Nerwen's, vote also looks quite innocentish at the moment, which makes me think that I probably indeed got carried off with her case Of course, unless she wanted to seal the fate of her companion, knowing that it's either her or Brinn. So it's not 100%, but I'm ceasing my ongoing suspicious analysis on her, at least for the moment.

If we hold to the thing that TM dreamt of Nogrod and saw him innocent, then we can leave Nog also out of our suspects.

Now that would leave us with Kath, Naria and Shasta. I will do some post analyses.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #236
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I start with Naria who has posted the less of all. Only three posts.

Day 2

Says Nog "seems to be off on his usual ranting about useless individuals and so on" and does not see why he is never content, mentioning TM and Nerwen seem that they are trying and their posts make sense.
Then, elaborates on being incontent with classifying which posts are "good ones" and which are "bad ones".

Saying that seeing Mac is gathering votes (he had 3), she is not finding him too suspicious. Votes for Nerwen, saying she does not like her offensive post (meaning probably #127).

Says that confused by me and Nog, decided "to give her take on things". Presents her opinion on TM's dreams (but is wrong in the count of the nights). Says this helped her clear her mind on me.

That's really very little. Let's wait if she appears toDay (generally she does around 5-7 AM GMT). If she does not and/or does not vote, she may be ModKilled. If she's a balrog, this would be nice. Otherwise, her posts are really too few to make something out of them. The only thing that could be thought about is her unwillingness to vote for Mac on Day 2, creating a co-bandwaggon (there was no other candidate than Mac at that time). But, hmph, let's see what's to be found at the others...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #237
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*applauds* Nice work, Gil!

This leaves the Balrog who Sings left, correct? That could point to me, I suppose: I happen to love to sing.

Hm. Now that we know that Brinniel was bad, I'm inclined to trust Nerwen more, and wonder about Legate... although he seems less Balrog-ish to me than he did yesterday.

If we go by Legate's list, then my suspicions are firmly on Kath for the moment, as I know I'm innocent, and I'm not sure Naria has been active enough (pot calling kettle, anyone? ) for baddieship. I think I'll go back and look at her, if Legate hasn't already done so while I've been typing this.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:45 PM   #238
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Kath

DAY 1

Her only post that Day. Makes some short comment on everyone. I quote just what she says about the balrogs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Brinn ~ I'm liking her posts. Straightforward and not worrying a point to death.
Mac ~ Well, I have some support for my suspicion of Noggie at least. His points seem pretty well made.
Votes Nogrod (she suspects him earlier in the post).

DAY 2

Says it's good that the cobbler is dead and lovers around are not good, but agrees with Nog that the balrogs are more important.

Explains her suspicion of Noggins, mainly: posting a lot, calling for substance in posts while not doing that himself, "seeing balrogs everywhere". Wonders why Nog is jumpy about that when she only wants to clear up whether he's a balrog.

In response to Nog, mentions Naria and Brinn saying the same things about him before. Says Rikae bandwagon was a mistake that could have been avoided. Mentions Nog's vote as suspicious and also Nerwen. Says that there is little to be gathered from Volo. Says also that Mith is jumpy and wants to see more from her.

Continues debate with Nogrod, mainly suspecting him because of him willing to sacrifice Rikae to save his own skin even though he says he thought her innocent.

DAY 3

Starts with thoughts about TM mentioning me, Mac and Nog as candidates for dreaming. Concludes that TM dreamt of me and Nog, thus, leaving her Nog-case. Explains to Brinn her on-going case with Nog, apologizing to her.

Replies to Shasta about how much till DL.

Again clears up the time for Shasta.

Apologizes for not being around, sums the Day as arguing between me and Nerwen. Does not think either of us suspicious. On the Day's subjects, she does not find Nerwen suspicious and is not sure about Brinn. People remaining to vote for her are Brinn, Gil and Sally. Does not want to vote Gil because it seems he's trying, then chooses Sally over Brinn because of her comments around TM (it was Brinn 3, me 1, Sally 1 at that time).

That's all. Well, in general, I don't find at least her early posts suspicious. Her arguing with Nog is still arguing with only one subject, which is interesting and I don't know what to think of that. But what's innocent-seeming to me are her exchanges with Brinn - I don't think a balrog would discuss that openly with his comrade. Also, she mentions especially Brinn and Mac supporting her case against Nogrod on Day 2 - well that would be very dangerous thing to do, connect themselves in the eyes of the others. Only her last vote for Sally could have been an attempt to support the bandwaggon to save Brinn, but apart from that, there is nothing to support this idea.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #239
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Shasta
Note: I still can't remember that Shasta is HE; I corrected it in the PM after I wrote it, but if I missed it anywhere, please correct it in your minds when you read it. Sorry, Shasta.

DAY 1

Finds Rikae's vote odd given the no-retraction rule and asks her to comment on that.

DAY 2

Apologizes for not posting and explains - RL issues. Says that there's "something about TM that immediately sets him on edge".
He did not vote that day because he mixed up that DL, Lommy left him alive.

DAY 3

Asks how long remains till DL.

Says "phew, 21 hours".

Says he likes my posts on Nerwen, but will rather go back and read for himself. Nog seems to him defensive of Nerwen.

Says he's trying to be more active, and that he's not good in in-depth analysis.
Says it's clear TM dreamt of Nog on Night 2. I am a mystery to him, maybe word-twisty if Nerwen is to be believed.

Says me and Brinn are the most suspicious to her now.

Votes me because there were already two votes on Brinn and "there has been lamentation on earlier days about the one choice of lynching", so he goes out with his other suspicion and "let the others make the choice".

Says to Brinn that he doesn't find Nerwen's behavior of defending against myself suspicious.

Yes, and his last post I believe everyone sees. It seems quite ok to me. Okay, now... Shasta overall seems relatively okay to me. And a balrog, I believe, would not vote me yesterDay just as simply.

I'm probably going asleep soon, but to finish these thoughts: the most suspicious of these three now to me seems Naria. Or, better said: the least less suspicious, if you know what I mean. Imagine that the balrogs would have had easier work when they did not have to mention her at all, as she did almost never show. The solution is easy. If she does not show up, she's modkilled. But if she does, I'd go for lynching her.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Alright then.

++Sally

To have any shot of saving myself. She does have a bit of an odd behaviour, though I'm not sure I would actually call it suspicious. Yet, I think Legate is more likely to be innocent anyway.
Okay. Don't take everything Legate says uncritically...

I'm sadly not having time to do more right now but I have read the posts that had come after I flew away.

Only three minutes left with the computer. I try to come back later toDay.

I still wouldn't forget Kath either...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote