The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #81
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
However I am sorry for what I regard as an unacceptable level of involvement.
Please don't feel bad about it, Mith...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #82
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Crap!

Lommy, I am so, so sorry. I competely got my timezones mixed up and thought that the deadline was six hours off. I feel horrible.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #83
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok, Shasta and Sally, I understand your situations and you both will have mercy, but you'd better vote toMorrow because then I won't be lenient anymore.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #84
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Narration's up... I can't understand how can it take me about 1,5 h to write something that sort and simple... don't ask...
Old 11-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
One calls it quality...

(Okay, I have not read it yet... )
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:07 PM   #86
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I finally got to read it. I'd say definitively: quality.

That was hilarious!

And I even got the German lyrics!
(well, a few parts were a bit unclear to me but anyway...)
Old 11-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #87
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Good job with the post Lommy!
I guess a spoof of the Ärzte called "Balrogs sind Schweine" would be better
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 PM   #88
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
But surely a Balrog wouldn't think they have anything in common with swines.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #89
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm so sorry I didn't vote. Time just ran away from me this evening and it wasn't til I got back from gym all of 10 minutes ago that I remembered I needed to.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #90
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh i loved it. Just got a chance to read it, and I laughed half of my face off. Need to go glue that back on now.

Oh and I'll definitely be able to vote tomorrow. It'll be early most likely, but I'll show my little face sometime before day's end.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:08 AM   #91
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
*tiptoes around own shattered skull and scattered brain - whatever's left of it*

I'm sorry for committing suicide without so much as an early notice, but Lhuna the ordo was right: I'm tired, I'm tired, I'm tired. Or at least I really will be, to the point of actual suicide, if I didn't pull out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
My father has gone on the blink again. I have skim read and hope to post and vote later but if you all prefer I will withdraw.

Regards

Mith
Oh no, mum, not again... I do hope your father gets well soon. I'll keep both of you in my prayers.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 11-16-2007 at 05:36 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 AM   #92
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thanks everyone

So far so good... basically my dad is eighty-one so stuff is going to happen but he had a funny turn on Tuesday and seemed fine then when I got back on Wed he seemed aphasic then a few minutes later he was ok but I was freaked. It might be just effects of medication combined with anno domini - or it could be TIAs. He is on the apropriate drugs but the procedure to clear the blood vessels surgically is deemed more likely to cause a stroke than leaving them be... so it is a case of being grateful for every uneventful day..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #93
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sorry to hear that Mith, hope you dad's situation will improve.

Posting here t say that it is possible that I won't be able to post the following Day, since I'll be away from my computer and I'm not sure if I will have Internet access. Will however do my best to manage to post at least once.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #94
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
posting to say that i probably won't be as attentive tomorrow, probably just skim an post my thoughts. i'm going out for my dads b-day dinner tomorrow and having some buddies come over for some Halo 3 action...
Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 PM   #95
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Here's my situation then.

I will leave very early tomorrow (RL), around 3-4AM GMT and need to vote before it.

I have been assured that the major hotels in Santiago de Cuba at least should have workable net-accesses with modest prices (no broadbands of course...).

But that means I might actually be able to come in and read the stuff + post myself once or twice a Day if alive.

I'll give you notice - if not otherwise then through Lommy - if things are not so easy as I now believe they are.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #96
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, Nog. Hope to see you around even in the further days. Enjoy your stay out there.

Strange, I have almost the feeling as if parting with a friend who leaves on a long journey...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #97
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Strange, I have almost the feeling as if parting with a friend who leaves on a long journey...
I must admit the same thought passed my mind. We're playing too much werewolf together Legate...
Old 11-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #98
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I must admit the same thought passed my mind. We're playing too much werewolf together Legate...
Indeed, looks like that
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #99
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I'm going to have to vote early. Just letting you know.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:24 AM   #100
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Because Day3 started late (it was Downs' fault, not mine ) it will also end later. So Day3 ends 7.10 pm GMT. Thus, Night4 will be 10 minutes shorter than the standard Nights and Day4 will begin 7.00 pm.

Also, I'd like to add that I've co-written all narrations this far with Aganzir. She has been helping me more or less with every single narration and I guess (I hope ) this will continue in future as well.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #101
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A splendid collaboration

Oh and since you have all been so kind to be concerned - my dad seems to be ok so it will I hope only be work and limited access that now affect my game

Old 11-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #102
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Indeed, looks like that
I think it is the timezones ..... but just think with the help of a internet connection ..the North Americans are going to get a taste of the full werewolfing with Nogrod experience

Old 11-17-2007, 09:31 AM   #103
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I think it is the timezones ..... but just think with the help of a internet connection ..the North Americans are going to get a taste of the full werewolfing with Nogrod experience
Hahaha, you should know how much I laughed at that aspect when I realised Cuba is so close to the States. (Geography... )

Quote:
Oh and since you have all been so kind to be concerned - my dad seems to be ok
Glad to hear that.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #104
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I have to run off to a film shoot, so I really don't have any time to read or post right now. It's going to take most of the day, but there will be a lunch break, so I should be able to return briefly before deadline. If you don't hear from me until then, that's why.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #105
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ouch.

Legate voted probably a few seconds before Mith so Sally dies. Now that must have been the closest lynch I've ever seen.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #106
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Palantir-Green

Narration's up. My tired brain worked extra slowly this time (and extra sadistically, it seems...).
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #107
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

My deepest apologies to everyone, but the Day might start late. Hope you can all bear with it.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #108
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Again, sorry for the delay, I had some difficulties along the way.

Because the Day started 20 minutes late, it will also end 20 minutes later, so 7.20 pm GMT.

I will take the extra 20 minutes from the next Night and hope that we'll finally be for a change on schedule after it...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM   #109
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
that was probably one of my better games in awhile now... i discovered two wolfes from my hunches now that is luck...
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #110
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I just couldn't NOT post any longer :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Because Day3 started late (it was Downs' fault, not mine ) it will also end later. So Day3 ends 7.10 pm GMT. Thus, Night4 will be 10 minutes shorter than the standard Nights and Day4 will begin 7.00 pm.

Also, I'd like to add that I've co-written all narrations this far with Aganzir. She has been helping me more or less with every single narration and I guess (I hope ) this will continue in future as well.

Didn't catch that post; just saw it now. Explains a lot hehe. I feel pretty snazzy myself, calling out at least two of them, regardless of who the third is. Especially since this is my first game. But I admit my accidental erasing of my post....not good. So I kind of deserved it. Either way, I feel I did pretty well.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #111
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Narration's up. My tired brain worked extra slowly this time (and extra sadistically, it seems...).
Yes. That was gruesome! (Sally's death, I mean.)
Old 11-19-2007, 01:38 AM   #112
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Shhhh... I'm the only corpse who is allowed to talk about in-game matters.

If this game is still going on late this week, is there anyone who would absolutely need a Thanskgiving pause?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #113
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Since the 'downs were down for such a long time, I will give you some extra time. The day will end at 8.00pm GMT. That probably means that I might not be able to write a proper narration in time, so you'd better not finish the game toDay...
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #114
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Forgot to add, but that means that next Night will be only 23 hours.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #115
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm sorry I didn't show up to vote. The site was down during the only time I had.