The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Celegorm cheated Luthien

I mean, he was quite good with cheating Luthien with his past lover.

Here's my proof for that:

Maeglin was born late in the first age, wasn't he? Aredhel probably got married to Eol just a few months earlier.

But hosts of Feanor and Fingolfin came to Middle-Earth EARLY in the first age. Celegorm is known to have devoted himself to hunting, and Aredhel is claimed to not love anyone. Coincidence? I think not.

There you have it. Celegorm claimed to love Luthien, but his only true love died when Eol cast his javelin...a cheat. No wonder Luthien didn't want him.

Plus, did you ever know he was guilible? His heart hardened approximately in the middle of First Age - just around the time Aredhel died.

And, how is that he thought he loved Luthien? He cannot think that...unless he experienced love before.

And another proof to back it up: Celegorm and Curufin especially hated Eol. Why is that? Because he stole Aredhel from Celegorm, and Curufin was backing him up.

Here. I have lethal proof...from the book, that Celegorm loved Aredhel and lied to Luthien regarding it. But it was no use. Luthien's heart was already given to a person who truly loved her.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Never thought I would lke Celegorm but seems the chap had his good points....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Urwen, Urwen...

First you blame Maedhros for killing Lalaith, now Celegorm cheated Luthien...
Who will be next? Caranthir? Or Maglor?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #4
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Of course. They're YOUR kin. Well, those poor Sindar are MY kin. It's rather long line that ties them to me and my siblings, but it can be done. Sons of Feanor are also tied to me and my siblings. So there. I could blame them for what they did to my kin, for they're also my kin. Isn't it ironic? Kinslayers. How fitting. Because they slew me as well, and I'm their kin.

Let Turin slay Morgoth already, so me and my family could get out of Barrow-Downs. It's rather dull here.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote