The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2017, 05:19 PM   #281
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ok then.
++Eomer
Old 07-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #282
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I wanted to have voted like twenty minutes ago, but I'm really not going to stick around until DL.

I will vote

++Boro

It would really anger me if I ignored him just because he was so standing out and then it turned out he was a baddie anyway.

Good Night, people.

EDIT: x-ed with Lalaith
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #283
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Not again, you guys....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #284
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Inziladun Not about tne alleged slip but for his spectacularly unhelpful m negativity. Loslote can go on backburner with Eonwe. I don't know if he is evil or a control freak. But battery about to conk out

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #285
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I don't see the argument that Eönwe has "changed" from D1.

But I do suspect him for a couple of reasons.

His actions late on D1 - he was strongly for no-lynch and was present at least ten minutes before the DL but stood back and just watched things roll the last ten minutes when most of the votes came like in reality he couldn't care less. Had he the best of the village in mind and a conviction that a no lynch is the best option he would have said something - or tried to use hiss own vote reach a draw, or anything? It looks fake then.

He has quite consistently tried to look helpful ironing out a rigid plan to negate the possibility of the Dead Thread's influence on the game - well okay, that was opiniated - but the fact that he has been busy to look very helpful while not committing to any suspicions or real help (finding the baddies and as such creating people who might feel bad about you and might vote for you) looks a bit suspicious.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #286
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm actually quite tempted to vote Boro, because if he's actually evil then, well, at least we've killed a wolf, and if not, and he has plans for the Dead Thread etc., then he'd probably be an asset to have there.

Zil and Lottie scare me a bit more though at the moment, but maybe that's just because I always worry that they're plotting something evil.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:35 PM   #287
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
With half an hour to go, we are here: five votes to five different people.

Easy case for even just two baddies to control it.

Lommy -> Eönwe
Eomer -> Lottie
Lalaith -> Eomer
Legate -> Boro
Mith -> Inzil

I have my suspicions on Boro and Lottie as well (not exactly as a pack but one of them could be an evil person), but I might be most tempted to vote Eönwe.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #288
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
With half an hour to go, we are here: five votes to five different people.

Easy case for even just two baddies to control it.

Lommy -> Eönwe
Eomer -> Lottie
Lalaith -> Eomer
Legate -> Boro
Mith -> Inzil

I have my suspicions on Boro and Lottie as well (not exactly as a pack but one of them could be an evil person), but I might be most tempted to vote Eönwe.
Even more fun- six votes for six people. The first was Zil's for me.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #289
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm back and caught up. I'm probably going to vote either Zil or Eönwë, but since I suspect the both of them, I'm going to wait and try to avoid risking a tie.

EDIT: xed with Nerwen
Old 07-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #290
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry Nerwen - I missed that one.

Okay.

If no one else moves, then I'll do my part to avoid the last minute frenzied (non)decisions - aka. panic-reactions.

++ Eönwe

The new tally:

Inzil -> Nerwen
Lommy -> Eönwe
Eomer -> Lottie
Lalaith -> Eomer
Legate -> Boro
Mith -> Inzil
Nogrod -> Eönwe 2

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-13-2017 at 05:41 PM. Reason: X'd with Lottie
Old 07-13-2017, 05:42 PM   #291
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am still pondering about the Dead Thread as I have no familiarity with it from previous games (at least that I can recall). I do agree this is a discussion that should be saved for toMorrow as there is less than thirty minutes before deadline. It does make me wonder if a baddie would attempt to focus on discussing the Dead Thread toDay as a way to distract the village.

If a wolf was turned last Night, I agree that Eonwe would've been a good pick. Boro might've been another pick if the baddies thought his attempt to self-sacrifice made him look innocent. But I don't think these are valid reasons alone to vote for someone and neither look suspicious enough to me right now to vote for one.

The escalation between Nerwen and Inzil is interesting. Maybe it is just an innocent-on-innocent spat, but I find it concerning. More seem to find Inzil's reaction worrisome, but I'm more worried about Nerwen. I didn't really see his comment as a slip-up and she seems to be pulling this idea out of hat and letting the rest of the village run with it.

As for yesterDay's votes, I think it's likely that a baddie is hiding among the no-lynch advocates. Lottie is one that still stands out to me from that and there are others to look at too, though I haven't had the time to do so.

EDIT: X-ed with Nogrod
Old 07-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #292
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nerwen would be my vote preference toDay, but I don't want to spread the votes too thin..
Old 07-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #293
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
People who I'm relatively happy with
Eomer - Hasn't really posted that much, but seems reasonable and talks sense when he does talk.
Lalaith - Same as Eomer
Nogrod - I mean, I still disagree with him (though he does raise some good points), but I don't think he's said anything that makes me particularly suspicious.
Nerwen - For now, nothing seems too bad. I'm not completely sure how I feel about Zil, but I don't find her suspicion suspicious.

Not quite in the clear
Legate
Lommy

Red Flags
Lottie - I really just can't shake the feeling that she's up to something. Also, I obviously can't tell whether I seem different toDay from yesterDay, but I did feel like she kind of threw that out there with not much evidence (which apparently convinced Lommy).
Zil - I do think he overreacted a bit to Nerwen's accusation.
Boro - All the weirdness.

Not sure how I feel
Mithalwen - I'd like to hear more of her thoughts on people.

Need to post more
Sally
Pervinca
Brinn
Shasta

I don't think I have time to go into more detail, but I'd like to look more at Legate and Lommy tomorrow if I'm still alive (well I suppose actually also if I'm dead, but that'll be on the other thread).
Old 07-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #294
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Nerwen would be my vote preference toDay, but I don't want to spread the votes too thin..
There is already a vote for Nerwen.

I'm afraid, as to my vote, I'm going to have to still be a wild card again today.

Here we go with another exciting flurry of votes.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:48 PM   #295
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
There is already a vote for Nerwen.
So there is. I must've missed that.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #296
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Well, it looks like it's going to be another stressful last-minute voting period.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #297
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I did make the mistake of posting too much last minute yesterDay which resulted in me x-ing with too many other votes. So I will avoid making that mistake again.

++Nerwen
Old 07-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #298
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, I'm probably going to vote Zil, not so much for the "slip" as for his reaction to my rather low-key probing, also for voting me with what frankly looks to me like forced suspicion.

My problem here is that I fear my judgement may be coloured by a.) the fact that it's me he's been voting and b.) the fact his playing style tends to be rather creepy regardless of role. Hmmn.
EDIT: x'd since my last post.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-13-2017 at 05:57 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #299
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Red Flags
Lottie - I really just can't shake the feeling that she's up to something. Also, I obviously can't tell whether I seem different toDay from yesterDay, but I did feel like she kind of threw that out there with not much evidence (which apparently convinced Lommy).
Was it Lottie who stated this discussion of you changing and thence being suspicious? I think no one has time to go and find it out now, but you Eönwe might remember it as it concerns you.

I mean that's one suspicion I couldn't find anything but fabricated or at least far-fetched and would like to know who came up with it and how.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #300
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Fair Warning!

I want to announce now that any votes that come in after I post the deadline will not count.

Be advised those who want to gamble at the last moment.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #301
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Inziladun

A gut feeling. I am very new to this game and extremely puzzled by everything. But slightly more puzzled by Inziladun.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #302
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well then-

++zil

EDIT: x'd since Brinn.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #303
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Was it Lottie who stated this discussion of you changing and thence being suspicious? I think no one has time to go and find it out now, but you Eönwe might remember it as it concerns you.

I mean that's one suspicion I couldn't find anything but fabricated or at least far-fetched and would like to know who came up with it and how.
Yeah, it was in response to my EW-Lottie+Boro-wolf post.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #304
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:

Yeah, that was me, and I admitted that it was far-fetched, but it was what I saw and I wanted to go on the record as having seen it, if only because if I died before I could say it and he turned out to be evil I would definitely regret not having said something.

EDIT: xed since Nog
Old 07-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #305
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I want to announce now that any votes that come in after I post the deadline will not count.

Be advised those who want to gamble at the last moment.

Challenge accepted. *cracks knuckles*
Old 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #306
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I knew I could count on you.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #307
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

++Zil

I would rather vote him over Eönwë anyway, and it looks like the votes are swinging that direction.

EDIT: xed since my last
Old 07-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #308
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Inzil -> Nerwen
Lommy -> Eönwe
Eomer -> Lottie
Lalaith -> Eomer
Legate -> Boro
Mith -> Inzil
Nogrod -> Eönwe 2
Brinn -> Nerwen 2
Pervinca -> Inzil 2
Nerwen -> Inzil 3
Lottie -> Inzil 4

Whatever it weill be, let's not make it a draw again.

Declare your voting beforehand, please. Otherwise we'll be very suspicious of you toMorrow if you come from behind the tree and vote to tie it at the last minute.

EDIT: X'd with Lottie's vote & updated the list.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #309
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Pervinca, make sure to add ++ in front of your vote to count.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #310
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Heh, thanks for the laugh
Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #311
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

If people are okay with this result, then fine.

If not, speak up.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #312
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Foiled again. So be it.

++Inzil
Old 07-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #313
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

++Inziladun

Just to make sure.

edit: x-ed with Boro
Old 07-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #314
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Be careful Boro if Pervinca's vote doesn't count. Don't make a tie, please.

EDIT: Heh, kind of unnecessary comment I see...
Old 07-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #315
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Deadline

The deadline has come.

Please stop posting.

Narration will follow shortly.

EDIT: For mandatory vote purposes I will count Pervinca Took's vote since it won't lend itself to a controversial outcome.

But please do put the ++ in front of the votes.

EDIT EDIT: Also in tomorrow's introduction narration I will include a list of the people who are in danger of mandatory vote expulsion so they can make sure and vote.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-13-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #316
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots NIGHT Three

~~~~~Our Tale~~~~~

Now that it had been conclusively proven that Kuru was right about there being a murderer on the loose, there was nothing else for it but to set down to the hard work of finding out who it was.

If only there was a forensics lab in this canyon. Alas, there was not.

One of the guests, who seemed to have given up the will to live, just lay on the guillotine and shouted, “Nilpaurion Felagund!" over and over again, with occasional pauses to shout advice to his comrades.

The other guests thought this a mite odd…but didn’t really pay much attention to it.

They had other fish to fry!

Mostly each other...

Suddenly, out of nowhere there was a definite suspect! Of course it was him! There could be no doubt!

They threw the suicidal one off the guillotine and tossed their convict on it and pulled the lever.

CLUNK!

There! Surely that problem was solved and Kuru would come rescue them in the morning.

~~~~~~~

It is now NIGHT 3. Those with NIGHTly business will no doubt commence it.

The Ordos sleep now.

Living
Nerwen
Loslote
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Eönwë
Nogrod
Pervinca Took
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun

Last edited by Kuruharan; 07-13-2017 at 06:36 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #317
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots DAY Three

~~~~~Our Tale~~~~~

The NIGHT passed swiftly.

Those who slept did so fitfully.

There was a pervasive sense that they were all on the edge of another, strange world that might reach out and touch them at any time.

The dawn came, as it always does.

The group around the guillotine was a bit smaller this time.

A hunt turned up the corpse of Thinlómien.

Oh dear. This is getting serious.

~~
It is now DAY 3. You may all post now.

After doing my review, it turns out Sally is the only one in danger of the chop if she does not vote today.

Living
Nerwen
Loslote
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
satansaloser2005
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Lalaith
Legate of Amon Lanc
Mithalwen
Eönwë
Nogrod
Pervinca Took
Brinniel

The Dead
Morsul the Dark
Inziladun
Thinlómien
Old 07-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #318
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Folks who instigated that temporary five (six?) way tie are in a lot of trouble....

Behold my unamused face. o_O
Old 07-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #319
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I will look over Lommy's posts if I have time. In the meantime, can we arrange for the Dead to tell us Zil's role? (Can we also agree learning the roles of Night-killed people is a waste of time?)
Old 07-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #320
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well that was unfortunate.

So let's figure out this dead thread communication plan now...going through with it or not? And how?