User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2002, 01:19 AM   #401
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Veritas didn't want to wait much longer, she couldn't bear doing nothing while the other vessel almost was boarded.

She was watching the small boats, and the entering on the ship from the wizards.

"Everything is going in order of the plan." she thought.

Suddenly she saw the ship sinking, this couldn't be true.

Veritas was fighting with herself, did she had to follow the orders, or trow them away and take over the command. The decision was quickly made:

"Captain, lets make this catamaran move, we're gonna board the vessel of the Blue Wizards."
Old 06-20-2002, 06:18 AM   #402
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Losthuniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Rosseil was explianing and flapping her arms wildly at a rather bewildered looking elf, when Tuor came up on deck
"things are goiing to plan, WHAT THE !@#$%?" he haad caught sight of Veritas's boat trying to boardthe Blue Wizards ship.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:05 AM   #403
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan murmured under his breath and an electric shock threw Piosenniel away from him. He turned and set his hand on the hilts of his sword but did not draw his blade. A distant look came over his face as he murmured again. Then he spoke to Pio and said, "Frodo and Sam have been rescued by Child and Rose but they remain below decks. Angara and one of her kin are hovering above waiting to take them to your ships. But that will not defeat the Wizards which is a matter of paramount importance."

Piosenniel clenched her blade in her hand, preparing to leap at Mithadan. "How do I know you are not lying?"

"If I were, I could have used the REG to destroy you," said Mithadan with a slight grin. "This sword, the sword of Aelfwine, was wrought by Aule and blessed by Ulmo. Ulmo's blessings are locked within the pearl on its pommel. The sword allowed me to conceal my mind and fool Alatar into believing he had overwhelmed my mind and coerced me into his service."

He drew the sword and held the pommel out towards Piosenniel. The pearl swirled with the colours of the sea. She touched the hilts and immediately saw a vision of the oceans under clear blue skies and a great figure clad in mail like fishes' scales. She withdrew her hand.

"Go to Frodo, Sam and their rescuers. Help them escape. There is not much time. The ship is sinking and the alarm will rise soon," he said.

"And you?" she asked.

"I will attempt to confront the wizards. If their staffs can be broken, they will lose their connection with the world of spirits and can be slain by weapons made in Middle Earth, just as Saruman was, and not merely diminished to rebuild themselves later," he said.

"The REG! You can use the REG," she cried.

"No. The REG will not slay them. It is a device made by man. But this sword..." He sheathed his blade and looked grimly to the West.

"You will be killed," she said. "How can you stand alone?"

"No weapon which you possess can slay the Wizards," he said. "If I am slain... well, tell Rose and Sam that I am sorry for how I treated them. Go now."

He turned away,
Old 06-20-2002, 09:00 AM   #404
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

There were two desires warring in her mind as she stood and watched the dark cloaked figure walk away. The first was to find Child and Rose and help them get Frodo and Sam to safety, and the second was the vow she had made beneath the waves to assist Mithadan should he prove still true to the Light.

'First one, then the other', she told herself.

The ship's deck was in chaos. Crew members tried desperately to keep equipment from hurtling over the side of the ship as it listed to one side. Many of them lost their footing and slipped over the edge. 'Lot of playthings for the Oarni,' thought Pio.

She was running to the stairway which led below decks when a small barrel rolled in front of her feet and tripped her. She sprawled on the deck, the picture of an ungraceful elf, and hurled a few epithets at the barrel. 'Careful, elf! Or I'll mistake you for a sailor on this ship and burn you to a crisp!'

Pio's head jerked up in surprise. She saw two small golden eyes glowing at her from the barrel -- 'Angara! Where are Sam and Frodo? Have you seen them?' 'I would imagine that Child has them well in hand by now, along with Ms. Rose.' the barrel said languidly. 'I am waiting for them, to transport them back to safety.'

Pio considered what the dragon had told her. Her companions must be close by. She went quickly down the long stairs leading belowdeck and entered the darkened hallway. It was quiet, most of the crew had gone on deck to escape the rising water. One hand on the wall, she inched her way through the rising water. She could hear the sounds of someone struggling in the briny river that flowed up through the ship. Going forward with a little more speed she ran into something. Her hand reached out and snatched it up out of the water. It was Rose! 'Where are the others little one', she asked. "Th-th-th-they're behind me.', Rose said, her teeth chattering from the cold.

Pio set Rose on the steps leading up to the deck and told her to wait hidden in the doorway. She plunged on down the hallway to see if she could find the others.

Two bundles bumped up against her, and she scooped them up, holding their heads above the water line. It was Frodo and Sam. She shook them gently to get them to draw breath. They fought weakly against her, thinking her one of the ship's crew. She reassured them and took them to wait with Rose. Three poor hobbits shivering in the dark, only one more to find. 'Now where is Child?'

Going further down the hallway, she reached out a little with her mind. 'Child, are you near?' She found her, bravely battling the currents, hanging on to the cross beams of the hallway and half swimming, half pulling herself along. Her long skirts were sodden and impeded her progress. Pio extended a hand to her and pulled her along to the stairs. The water had nearly reached the top stair when they found the other three. Pio led the four hobbits to where the green barrel waited. 'Child, you must use Angara now to get yourself and the others to safety.'

She turned to head back across the deck, Child caught her arm. 'Where are you going? There's room for you to come with us.'

'No, Child. I'm going to find Mithadan.'
Old 06-20-2002, 09:12 AM   #405
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

The two Wizards burst from their cabin. Pallando cried, "What in the blazes is going on?"

Mithadan stepped forward and said, "The ship has sprung a leak my lord. The sailors are doing what they can to pump the water and bring the ship to an even keel."

"Have we been attacked?" demanded Alatar.

"I do not know," replied Mithadan. "But I checked our prisoners and they remain safe in their brig."

"Set two guards on them," cried Pallando. "Where are the Elven vessels?"

"Half a mile to the West," answered a sailor. "But they are under sail and are approaching."
Old 06-20-2002, 01:14 PM   #406
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio bent down before leaving and whispered in Child's ear. Child was still shivering from cold and wet, as were all the hobbits. What Pio said made her realize they must immediately get word to Tuor and Idril.

Sam, Frodo, and Rose stopped and looked at each other. Without a word, they had come to a quite different agreement.

"We're not going back," Rose declared. "We're staying here to help Piosenniel. We're not craven cowards."

"Don't be ridiculous," Child countered. "No one is a coward. But Pio believes Mithadan has proven true and has some trick to outwit these Wizards. Moreover, he bears the great sword blessed by Ulmo which passed through Earendil into his family lines..."

She turned and added in a lower voice as much addressed to herself as anyone else: "I know Piosenniel has been suffering since she first spoke with Idril. I know not what that sickness is, but I sense it is important for her to stand and protect Mith's back when he faces the Wizards."

Pio also states the Phial of Galadriel must be returned with us. Frodo must hang it from the topmost mast so the light of the fragmented Silmarillion will shine forth giving hope to the earth. For without this, Lord Mithadan's cause will fail."

"And we must remember even Tuor and Idril do not know this craft as you do. For each of you has seen a piece of its closets, dark corners, and hidden ways. What you know can help Tuor plan the attack. For even if Mithadan meets with success, a fierce battle must be fought to destroy their might.

"And I promise this. Once you have reported to Tuor and dsplayed the Phial of light, if you still wish to return, one of the dragons will ferry you across. I give you my word of honor. That is, if there is anything left of this ship above water which frankly seems quite doubtful."

Inwardly she thought, "Mith and Pio may be fighting on the bottom of the Sea. If so, I hope Birdland will be there to help. I don't know where Bird is, but she promised to be here even if we could not see her."

The hobbits agreed, although Rose asserted she fully intended to use a dragon to return. The four clambered on to Angara and prepared to leave.

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-20-2002, 02:47 PM   #407
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Primrose stood with her arm on the rail of the Elven Ship, her chin on her arm. For a moment, she dozed. In the distance, she thought she heard yelling.

Opening her eyes, she saw the Blue wizards' ship going quickly under the water!

Prim: NO! Papa! Uncle Frodo!

Just then a glint of green caught her eye. Looking up, she saw the dragon Angara, on board whom rode three tired-looking hobbits.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-20-2002, 03:17 PM   #408
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

A commotion arose on the aft deck of the black ship. As a dragon arose from the deck, Mithadan swept out his sword. The sailors stared in stunned disbelief as the beast rose into the air and turned towards the Elven vessels. Mithadan made his way to stand beside the two Wizards who had made their way to the rail.

"No attack?" cried Pallando. "Upon that animal ride our hostages!"

"Quickly!" yelled Alatar. He raised his staff to point at the dragon. The tip of the staff glowed with green flame.

Gripping his blade with two hands, Mithadan raised the sword and brought it down on the upheld staff. With a flash and a noise like the snapping of a tree in a great wind, the staff was cut asunder. Alatar staggered back as Mithadan raised his blade again and slashed at Alatar's throat. The blade cut deep into the Wizard who slumped to the floor into a growing pool of blood. Even as a mist arose from the body, Mithadan turned and advanced upon Pallando.

"Fool!" screamed the Wizard. "You caught my brother at unawares, but you shall not set a blade to me!"

Even as Mithadan raised his sword to strike at Pallando, the Wizard's staff glowed and the Man was frozen in place with his blade in mid-stroke. Pallando laughed.

"You would do battle with a Wizard, face to face? Better to have struck from behind like a craven coward! Now die for what you have done!" cried Pallando.

The Wizard touched his staff to Mithadan's chest. A gout of green flame erupted, blowing the man from the deck into the water. The ocean hissed and steam arose as he sank beneath the waves.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:01 PM   #409
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

From her place on the deck, Primrose stared in shock.

Prim: I knew he wasn't bad, I knew it!!

Suddenly, from the black ship, there was a green flash of light. Prim saw Mithadan go overboard.

Prim: NO! Mister Mithadan!
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-20-2002, 04:55 PM   #410
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Sting

A while ago: Legolas smiled at Prim and said, "Yes, it is me!"

Meneli and Legolas put themselves to good use helping the others with everything...
Old 06-20-2002, 05:30 PM   #411
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose was jumping up and down, partially from excitement, partially from having seen Mithadan go over the side of the wizard's ship.

Prim: Thank the Lord! Mister Legolas, sir--*points behind her* Mister Mithadan just got thrown overboard over there!
Old 06-20-2002, 05:45 PM   #412
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Before even Legolas could react, Menelduliniel had dove into the water. She grabbed Mithadan, and held him in one of her arms. With the other arm, she grabbed onto a rope and pulled herself up with the on arm and her feet. Legolas grabbed her arm when she was near to the top and she and Mithadan fell onto the deck. Meneli rolled Mithadan onto his back, then lay on her back, panting a while.

"That *gasp* what *gasp* you *gasp* wanted *gasp* Primrose, *gasp* arwenamin (my lady) *big gasp*?" Meneli asked, panting.

She stood up, and shook off some water.

"Well, I have to change now," Menelduliniel said, stopping her heavy breathing, "But that can wait. You may be in need of my assistance yet!"
Old 06-20-2002, 06:03 PM   #413
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

When Child first saw Mith lying stunned on the deck, she breathed a small prayer of thanks to Ulmo for his deliverence from the Sea.

Then her heart froze. Child went to the rail and screamed: "Pio, where is Pio? She was on the Wizard's vessel when we last saw her. And the second Wizard is still alive and strides in victory on the deck. He indeed is glad for the death of his so-called partner for now he stands alone as master of evil."

Child went over to Mith's half conscious body on the deck, and began tugging at the scabbard to try and loosen the sword. "We must have this," she screamed, "to defeat the secon wizard." Though some miracle, Mith had succeeded in jamming the sword back in its scabbard.

But for Child, this job was an impossibility, since the sword itself was half her size and weighed far more than she could carry.

In an instant, Tuor had stepped forward and ripped the blade from its sheathe. He turned to Child, "Little one, take Angara and go find your friend Pio and bring her back before the ship goes down. We will find a way to use this sword against the Wizard."
Old 06-20-2002, 06:16 PM   #414
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child scrambled on to Angara, but before she could take off Rose came leaping on behind her.

"What are you doing, Rose? Child queried.

"The same thing you are doing," she replied. "I am going to save my friend."

"All right, hang on. This could be a rough ride."

Child gazed in horror as they approached the vessel. For the ship had indeed begun to sink into the brine. Only about a third of it still showed above the water. Where was Pio, and where was the Wizard, she wondered. For she saw no sign of either.

Rose pointed to another Orc vessel, not far distant. "Look" she cried. "The wizard has made his way in a small craft, and is going to board that other ship! He will flee from us, or, if he is bold enough, launch an offensive with the rest of his fleet."

Then Child gazed in amazement for she indeed could see Pio. Pio's hands were tied behind her back and the Orcs prodded her from behind as she was driven aboard the same ship as the evil Wizard.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:19 PM   #415
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo could barely stand. He stumbled adains Sam wiith a mumbled apology.

"The ship is sinking??? OH NO! Maybe this is a bad time to admit this but, I can't swim!!!!"
Old 06-20-2002, 06:38 PM   #416
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Under cover of night, Rose and Child made their way to the Orc Ship. They could look across the water and see the Phial of Galdriel hanging proudly from the mast of the Elven vessel. It gave them hope.

Child whispered something into Angara's ear. Immediately, the dragon melted herself into a wooden shape, but this time she was not a barrel. She was a wizard's staff which perfectly mimicked that belonging to the evil one, not just in shape but even in its very inner self. Not even the Wizard might tell the difference.

The hobbits hid till most on deck were asleep and then did what hobbits do best. They crept into the anteroom where the wizard kept his clothes and magical staff. Not a noise did they make; locked doors opened before their skillful fingers. For this was an art Child had learned long ago.

The wizard's staff was surprisingly light for its length. Child lay the perfect imitation Angara staff down in its place. Angara winked at her, and then closed her eyes to blend in perfectly.

Rose and Child took the real staff with them as they made their way to the deck. Child stood and whispered an invocation to Ulmo.

"Here, Lord Ulmo, we return to you that which was made beautiful, but which was perverted to the use of evil. Give us some sign that you will accept the return of this staff and will drain from it all evil. In this way, the wizard may be made weaker and another, bigger than we, may come and slay him."

Rose hurled the staff with all her might over the side. Just then, a dolphin leapt up and grabbed the staff in its mouth. She silently saluted the pair and disappeared with it under the water.

Rose asked...."Do you think?........"Oh, yes, I'm sure," Child replied. "For Ulmo watches the affairs of his children, even now, and he will have that staff in his hands quite shortly. A Vala will have no trouble breaking the staff of a Maia which we have sent to him."

"Now, what about Pio? And I hope Tuor sends someone to get that wizard. He should be easier to deal with without that staff." Child actually giggled at the thought of the wizard awaking and attempting to use the Angara staff to accomplish his wicked ways.

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-20-2002, 07:07 PM   #417
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Prim's jaw dropped.
Prim: Y-yes, ma'am...it was.

The little hobbit looked down at Mith, who was breathing, but pale.

Prim: Please, Mister Mithadan, wake up!
Old 06-20-2002, 07:16 PM   #418
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Down in room 7, Stacey had been in silent prayer for her friends. She was not a fighter, nor a wizard, so she knew not what else she could do.

Stacey: ...and please, Lord, may they be in Your care, and bring them back safely. In Jesus' Name, amen.

She opened her eyes. For a second, everything was silent. Then, there was the sound of movement above.

Stacey: Well, might as go see what's going on.

She got up off her knees, went out of the door and up the stairs.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:21 PM   #419
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

(O.C.C. - Boy, come home a little late and it's almost all over. You didn't leave me much to do!

- Birdie drums her fin on the desktop. - Oh well, the ship's sinking and there's still one wizard on board. Here's my chance...Hey, where'd that freaking "Orc Ship" come from!)
Old 06-20-2002, 07:57 PM   #420
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Celeaewen watched Meneli rescue Mithidan, and snorted, and statered to mutter somethig about
"oh, of all the Mar-"
Rosseil clapped a hand over her mouth
"shut up. this is no time to be ranting on"
Old 06-20-2002, 08:10 PM   #421
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey came up on deck to find a scene pretty close to chaos. People, whatever race they may have been, were running everywhere. In the midst of it all, however, near the railing, she caught sight of two farmiliar little figures.

Stacey: Sam! Frodo! Thank God...

Sam looked up at her. Both hobbits were wet and bruised, but Stacey could see fresh salt water running down Sam's face from his eyes.

Sam: M-Miss Stacey! Miss Child an' Rosie rescued us--they've gone back to the wizard's ship with the dragon....where's Primrose?

Stacey shook her head, came over and looked the two over.
Stacey: I don't know. I've been below 'til now.
She touched Frodo's cheek. The older hobbit's eyes were closed, but he seemed to be breathing normally.

Stacey: Sam, can you walk?

Sam nodded.

Stacey: Good. Come on, let's get you two below.

She lifted Frodo in her arms, and, letting Sam lean on her, headed back below.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #422
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pallando told the Orc crew to set sail northeast, and to man the oars. He picked up his staff to call up a quick wind to take them there. But no wind came.

'Fools!', he cried. 'You think my power lies in this staff, but it lies in me! The staff is but an instrument for easy focus, a thing to shake at the weak and make them cower.' He called up a hot wind with his hands.

He called a unit of Fighting Orcs and set them to scouring the ship for any intruders. 'Do not harm them. Bring the little fools to me!!'

He went to the bound elf, and demanded from her the names of who might be on board. She stared at him levelly, and said 'If I knew, I would not tell you, were you the last face I see before my death.'

'You may well wish for death before I am done with you. And it will not be an easy one!' He slammed her across her face, drawing blood and knocked her in a heap to the railing.

She lay there for a while dazed, with lights forming constellations behind her eyelids. She heard him move away from her and begin to deal with the sailing of the ship and the finding of the intruders. No one approached her as if to be her guard.

Opening one eye, she saw that she had landed on her right side, back against the side of the ship. There was no one near her, that she could see or hear. She flexed her legs and feet a little to rid them of the cramping from lying in one position too long. Again no one looked her way, or noticed her movement. Her hands were another matter. They were still bound behind her back. She moved her arms and hands a little, and felt them touch against something cool and small. She cautiously explored it with her fingers. It was a ship's nail! It was sticking up a good two inches from the deck plank, but hadn't been noticed in the shadow of the railing. She worked her wrists against the square nail's edge and begain slowly to rub them up and down. Occasionally an orc would pass by on some ship's errand, and she would lie still until he passed. Soon the friction from the rubbing penetrated her bonds and the rope began to fray, and at last broke apart.

It was still night when she scooted under the deeper shadow of the railing and made her way behind some small barrels stacked on deck. She sat behind them and rubbed at her wrists, trying to bring the circulation back into them. While she did this she began to reconstruct what she remembered.The image of Mithadan killing Alatar came first to her mind, but then came chaos and the half remembered sight of Mithadan blown from the ship in a gush of green light. A wizard's staff, she thought. Pallando. That was who had ordered her bound and brought to this ship and who had hit her in his fury. Something about his staff. Stolen. One tear rolled down her grimed face. She could not save Mithadan. But she could finish his task.

She drew a deep breath to steady her mind. There were hobbits on board, she was sure of that, but she dared not speak to them in her mind. She feared that Pallando might have that ability, as she remembered Gandalf did at times. She hoped that the little ones would be alright.

Her hands had returned to normal, and she flexed her fingers to assure herself they would do her bidding. From the waistband of her sailor pants she drew the silvered knife that she had hidden. She wrapped the fingers of her right hand around the cool hilt and brought the pommel to her forehead, eyes closed. 'Old Man, if ever you loved me as your foam-born daughter, then guide my hand, make the aim true, and let this blade fly swiftly.' Behind her eyes she saw the grey-eyed old man of her childhood with his long blue-green beard, his shoes of stone, his robes in tatters whipped by a clean sea wind.

She stood in the darkness, her eyes adjusting to the shadows, and began her hunt.

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-20-2002, 09:51 PM   #423
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooc:Wow! Alot has happened.::

Rose and Child made their way through the deck. Clinging to the shadows and making as little noise as possible. They were searching for Pio. They knew she would be after the second wizard and they wanted to help in anyway they could.

Everytime an orc went by the two hobbits ducked behind somthing. About the sixth time this happened Child burst from the hinding place after whispering hurridly to Rose "Hang on. That's no orc. Pio!" The figure turned and it was indead Pio.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:56 PM   #424
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Down in room 7 on the Elven ship, Stacey had put Frodo back on his bed. Sam insisted that he stay by Frodo, but he was soon asleep, too. Stacey moved him back to his own bed, and went to the door.

Stacey: Now to find out where Primrose went......

Quietly she closed the door behind her.
Old 06-20-2002, 10:03 PM   #425
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Pio!" Rose said with joy. It had been awhile since she had last seen her. "We want to help you."
Old 06-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #426
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey came up to the deck of the Elven ship. She saw other ships out in the water around them.
Stacey:Okay, Prim, where'd you go? she thought to herself, looking around. She headed for the back of the ship.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:01 AM   #427
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The elf withdrew into the shadows when she heard her name called. There were strange beings which walked the wizard boat and some of them were not what they seemed. She flattened herself behind a large post. and stood there, still as death.

'I know I just saw her,' piped a voice, coming closer. 'Come on, Child, she's just up here a ways,I'm sure.'

Rose and Child crept down the deck quietly, or as quietly as two hobbits can who are discussing a subject. They stopped to get their bearings at the place where they thought they had seen Pio. 'Maybe it was just a ghost.', whispered Rose. 'Maybe it wasn't Pio at all.'

'Hush, Rose, we must keep quiet.' admonished Child. 'We wouldn't want to wake anybody or thing.'

'Well, well, what have we here?', came the oily voice of Pallando, just to the rear of the two. He stepped into a pool of wan light and motioned the two orcs accompanying him to take hold of the hobbits. 'And if reason serves me right it is the very thieves who thought to render me harmless by throwing my staff overboard. Who were you calling to,my lovely captives?'

'No one!' shouted Rose at the wizard. 'And we're no thieves!'

'Then what do you think you were doing when you broke into my cabin and stole something of mine', he asked in a dangerous voice, his eyes holding them like a snake readying for the strike.

'We were tipping the balance to our side, the side of Light and goodness.' said Child, wrenching her arm from the grasp of the orc holding her and stepping in front of Rose.

The orc made as if to strike her down, but Pallando restrained him with a word. 'Bind their hands tightly behind them and bind their feet. Throw them both into the cargo hold. They'll be useful later in some of my experiments. But we can waste no more time on them now. We must return home, and quickly.'

Pio watched as her friends were bound and thrown down into the rank interior of the orc ship. Her hands itched to slay the orcs that touched them with their vile and rough hands. But she was one and they were two. And the object of her pursuit was now making his way to the helm.

She drew close behind him, and watched as he went up to the wheel deck and spoke with the orc at the wheel. The helmsman barked out orders to the crew near him. Adjustments were made to the sails, and the lash was laid on in a faster rhythm to the backs of the rowing orcs.

Pallando descended the stairs, and at the bottom he raised his arms in a dark invocation, calling on the spirit of Melkor and all that was evil to give him power to see his plans accomplished.

Lightning played around the main mast, and a sheet of cold, blue flame flowed over the deck of the ship.

The elf stepped from behind her post and held her knife in both hands - pommel on the left palm and tip grasped between her thumb and first two fingers of her right hand. The electric wind whipped about her; blue flame flowed over her feet. She felt nothing. Her focus narrowed to the target in front of her.

He turned toward her, in surprise, his hands just starting to focus their power at her. She drew back her arm in one liquid, swift motion and let the knife fly of its own accord.

Pallando laughed,'You cannot kill me with an earthly weapon, fool!'Then a look of disbelief spread over his features. The knife buried itself to the hilt in his black heart, like a sea-eagle striking home. And as he drew his last breath in Middle-earth, his dying eyes had a fleeting glance of an Old Man with sea-grey eyes standing just behind the elf.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-21-2002, 04:23 AM   #428
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

A weaponless Birdie swam back and forth in front of the Orc ship, wild with frustration and writer's block. She heard the dying scream of the last wizard and turning to the Mer-Man, screamed in exasperation "Oh, Ulmo take them all to the Void!!!"

"Well, of course. All you had to do was ask." And Birdie looked up in amazement to see the great Valar Ulmo rise out of the waters. Plucking the Orc ship out of the sea like a periwinkle, he scooped up Child, Rose and Pio and gently set them in the little skiff.

Then flipping the ship like a salt shaker, he sprinkled Orcs and dead wizard into the waves, where the Mer-Folk made short work of them.

The two hobbits and the Elf gazed up in slack-jawed amazement as the mightly Valar bowed to them. "Well done, little ones." he said, and sank back into the sea.

Birdie popped her head over the side of the skiff, and said in a plaintive tone, "Can we go home now?"
Old 06-21-2002, 07:05 AM   #429
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio slipped over the side of the skiff to join Bird in the water. She punched her friend in the flipper in a friendly manner and said, 'You could have pulled that ace out of your blowhole a little sooner!!'

'I did it on porpoise, you know!' returned Bird with a flip of her tail at the elf.'Didn't want to FIN-ish before you got to show off!'

'Have mercy! I survived the blue wizard attack, but your jokes are gonna kill me!'

A tumultuous roumd of bump and swim ensued, the advantage clearly on the side of the dolphin.

'HEY!!!!! Any one remember us?! The ones all tied up still - in the boat!!'
Old 06-21-2002, 07:27 AM   #430
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child glare, "If someone doesn't get these ropes off of us right now, you two are going to be very sorry!"

Rose had managed to wiggle one of her arms loose, reached over the side of the skiff, and aimed a large piece of seaweed at Pio's head.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:00 AM   #431
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Bird hooked her nose over the edge of the skiff, tilting it dangerously to one side. 'Sorry! but I don't have any fingers, and those orc knots look too tricky for a flipper.'

'Bird, get off the boat! You're going to drown them!' Pio climbed into the skiff and worked the knots loose. The two hobbits sat up spluttering indignantly. Child stood up to lecture Pio and Bird on the inappropriateness of their silly behavior, just as Rose shifted her weight to the same side of the little boat.

Over it went, and down sank the two hobbits. Pio hauled up Rose by her cloak, and Bird dove under Child and nudged her to the surface.

Rose and Child clung to the side of the upturned boat while Bird and Pio nudged and dragged it in the direction of Tuor's ship and the the rest of the fleet.

'Whatever happened to Angara?', asked Pio. 'I remember tripping over her on the elven ship.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:01 AM   #432
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Bird hooked her nose over the edge of the skiff, tilting it dangerously to one side. 'Sorry! but I don't have any fingers, and those orc knots look too tricky for a flipper.'

'Bird, get off the boat! You're going to drown them!' Pio climbed into the skiff and worked the knots loose. The two hobbits sat up spluttering indignantly. Child stood up to lecture Pio and Bird on the inappropriateness of their silly behavior, just as Rose shifted her weight to the same side of the little boat.

Over it went, and down sank the two hobbits. Pio hauled up Rose by her cloak, and Bird dove under Child and nudged her to the surface.

Rose and Child clung to the side of the upturned boat while Bird and Pio nudged and dragged it in the direction of Tuor's ship and the the rest of the fleet.

'Whatever happened to Angara?', asked Pio. 'I remember tripping over her on the elven ship.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:05 AM   #433
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

On the Elven vessel, a very concerned Idril was tending to Mithadan. He remained unconscious and his breathing was laboured. Yet, that he breathed at all was a marvel.

"How is it that you survived?" mused Idril. "The Wizard's blast should have slain you. Let us see..."

She undid his cloak and began to unbutton his shirt. Then she laughed. Scored and scorched as it was, it remained mirrorlike and beautiful. Under the shirt was a breastplate of pure mithril!

"He was not wearing this before," said Sam. "He had a light shirt of chainmail."

Idril carefully lifted the breastplate from Mithadan. His chest was bruised badly from the Wizard's attack. Idril examined the Man then stood. "He has some broken ribs but no worse. He will live," she said. She gathered the cloak to make a pillow for his head, but noticed something hard in its pocket. She removed a silver box which had buttons and lights on its face -- the REG.

"I think our riddle is answered," said Idril with a smile. "Mithadan's 'treachery' was well thought out and meticulously planned. Good for him, else we would be mourning his passing rather than tending his wounds."
Old 06-21-2002, 08:08 AM   #434
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc: or maybe he doesn't plan things out. Perhaps he's just good at picking things up as he goes. And that finding of a mithril breastplate reminds me of somthing. Hm...i wonder what it could be. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"I don't know." said Rose "Although it would be nice to ride her back. We seem to be in the water an awfle(sp)lot. Pio, after this is over can you teach me to swim properly?"

"Why would you need it?" asked Child, "If your like me your going to stay as far away from bodies of water as you can for awhile."

"Actually I really liked this adventure. I like the ocean alot and I think I will ........"

Just then somthing glided over them.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: Rose Cotton ]
Old 06-21-2002, 09:10 AM   #435
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

The great shadow hovered over their heads, and as they looked up, Angara, folding his mighty golden wings, settled on the overturned skiff.

"All these adventures, and yet you still all swim like bloated goldfish." The dragon was feeling very good about himself and his role in the latest adventure. He dove into the sea with his companions, riding the waves like a great, scaly swan. The hobbits climbed upon his back and rode there like flegling ducks catching a ride from their mother.

At that moment the sleek, kelp-brown head of the Mer-Man popped out of the water, surround by the bevy of Mer-Sprites.

"Well, All's Well That Ends Well, as I wrote once. Ulmo thanks you all for your roles in defeating the Blue Wizards, and will see that you are all rewarded handsomely. But for now, perhaps your friend Mithadan would appreciate this."

He held up a small sea-glass flagon with an amber liquid in it. "It is made from the bladder of the blow fish, plus some other of my own secret incredients, mostly to cover the smell. Very toxic if swallowed, but applied to bruises it will have an immediate healing effect."

"Uh, Child, I have no pockets," said Birdie, "would you mind terribly..."

Child took the flagon from the Mer-Man and deposited it in her own skirt pocket.

"My," said Birdie, "You and the Mer Sprites seem to be getting along very well these days." and she gave a dolphin's smile.

"Well...ah...yes, the Mer-Man answered loftily. "I've decided that it was more than time for the two branches to get to know each other much better. Pool our resourses, as they say. Of course, I'm still very interested in learning much more of the ways of the Elf-Folk, too." And he turned his best smile towards the comely, dripping Pio...
Old 06-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #436
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo snapped awake

"Oh my! Where....? Oh I must have been put here." H saw that Sam was slepping so Frodo was quietly talikng to himself. he flopped back down o the pillow. "Well, at least it is over. If I ever se that Mith again, he and I are going to have a loooooong talk."
Old 06-21-2002, 10:01 AM   #437
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Sting

Menelduliel crosses over to Caleaewen, having heard the last part of her comments as she had come over the side.

"Whatever you were to say, you can say now," Menelduliniel said, taking a robe and putting it over her soaked clothing.

With that, Legolas comes over, "Meneli...next time: wait...you do not know what were in those waters!"

"Oh, shut up, Legolas. I can take care of myself! I've done so for the past few years since someone was too busy with Manwe knows what!"

"Oh! Don't pretend it's all my fault! I conceeded that it was partially my fault, but the blame still rests on you as well!"

Menelduliniel goes to attack Legolas at this comment, but he grabs her by the wrists, and easily wrestles her to the deck.

"Don't...touch...me," Menelduliniel said, her eyes cold with anger.

"Do not tell me, your husband, what to do," Legolas breathed back at her. He let go of her, and she struggled to stand gracefully, but nearly fell again. She then stood up, gathered what was left of her dignity, and turned to Caleaewen.

"And you?" Meneli said, her eyes flashing.

"Don't yell at her!" Legolas snapped at her.

"Oh! Don't tell me what to do!" Menelduliniel said. She backed up from him, in case his temper got out of control, for although she acted without thinking, she did not have much strength ever...that was always one of her many weaknesses.

"Oh! You are always so vain!" Legolas yelled, "It gets you in trouble, then you come crawling to me to fix things! Let me tell you something: I won't always be there to straighten out your messes! Admit that you can't survive in the actual wild for a week without me! I know that for the past years, you've remained in the court. You came here through a party! I do not call that a quest! Just because someone messes up your little gathering, it does not mean you are equipped to come traipsing over the sea to protect your dignity!"

"Don't give me that! I survived before you came!"

"When you were young, Meneli, when you were young!"

Menelduliniel stepped back, as if she had taken a blow with that.

"Well," she said, her voice breaking, "If that is what you believe..."

She ran to the lower cabins and threw herself on her bed, wallowing in self-pity.

Legolas remained on the deck, sighed, then turned to the others, "What would you have me do? I am sorry about my wife...she was strong once, she just doesn't accept that times have changed. Back in the palace she grew soft, but pretended she remained strong. Do not let her do much: she will mess it up, then blame it on others...just: watch her...I do love her, it's just: I don't want her hurt. I don't know what you did or didn't say, Caleaewen, but: I'm sorry for Meneli...do you accept my apology for her? Although she is as old as I, now, she still acts as if she were merely 3000...just forgive her, please? She has a tendency to over-dramatize as well..."
Old 06-21-2002, 10:22 AM   #438
Losthuniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Celeaewen bowed, and smiled
"i understand, My temper gets the better of me, especially with alll the tension with the blue wizards. Next time you see her, tell her i am sorry if i spoke harshly. Looming death does not sit well with my temper or my nerves. I bear her no ill will and hope she may say the same for me"
Old 06-21-2002, 10:43 AM   #439
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Legolas touches Caleaewen on the shoulder, "No worries. I won't have to tell her. She'll know."

------------

Meanwhile: Menelduliniel was laying below deck, just waiting to see if anyone was going to come see how she was. When no one came, she pouted about that for a while longer.

Then, she wandered up onto the deck.

"Did you miss me?" Meneli looked at everyone.

"No," Legolas said, smiling mischeivously at her.

"You be quiet!" Meneli said, playfully shoving him.

She went to the others, "Anyone need anything? Food? Water? Whatever..."
Old 06-21-2002, 11:13 AM   #440
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Are you going to just decide to live in the water now, or are you going to come with us?" asked Rose.

"Come on. We have to take this to Mithadan." said Child. Pio climbed on top of the dragon then looked at Birdie.

"Coming?" she asked.
"Well, alright." alittle disapointed Birdie morphed into her nommal ME form and got on too.

The five compainons flew onto the elven ship.