User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2003, 05:58 PM   #281
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just so that you know, Ruiel won't appear until the chips fall. I shan't be posting until after Dryea is captured as there is little Ruiel can do aside from fill in time. S

he's already in her office scheming and I see little to be achieved by expanding on that. Only distracts from the many other things that are occuring in the conclusion of this RP.

However, if anyone had need of Ruiel in their final throes, please let me know.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 09-30-2003, 11:50 PM   #282
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The betrothal party has begun. Please make yourself comfortable--eat, drink, and chat--until the hapless Lady Dryea will arrive...

Cami
Old 10-01-2003, 10:55 AM   #283
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Alak

Here's what I plan to do. I'm going to fill in my SAVE today, with the Addruran/Adrama scene and where Adrama goes to meet with Alethea. You can PM me your post and I'll put it in between my two posts. Then Arien can either use one of Child's saves or PM a post to me.

That sound all right? I'm off to get to work on it now.

~Nuru
Old 10-01-2003, 10:57 AM   #284
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cami,

Would you mind slipping this post into the September 29th SAVE? Thank you.

Nuru,

We cross posted. I think that sounds great. I will wait to read the first of your posts, of course, before I produce a finished product. Although, I believe I already know what Pelien will say about the news.

While her guests were moving out to the gardens, Pelien stayed behind to give Rummel orders about cleaning up and the possibility of wine afterwards, but before she could explain herself thoroughly, voices broke out from the cloak room causing Pelien’s heart to jump into her throat. It’s happening! It’s happening! At first her body was frozen, unknowing what she should do or precautions she should make. Then slowly the hostess, with Rummel at her side, peeked around the dining room doorway. She was unable to see directly into the room from where she stood but the soldier who had been knocked to his knees was in her line of vision. As soon as she heard someone cry that Athadan had leaped from the window, Pelien, relieved he was out of her house, scurried down the hall to aid the kneeling soldier.

As she neared the room, the blood coming from the man’s arm was first seen by Pelien and she gasped. “Oh dear, you’re injured! Let me help you up.” The young man shook his head, saying that he was fine and that it was only a minor cut, and then preceded to get up from his spot on the floor. Shouting was heard coming from outside, and the soldier quickly excused himself and rushed toward the commotion.

Pelien let her eyes fall to where she found the young soldier. A moment later, she cried out…a large smear of blood was on her rug. The color drained from her face as she fell to her knees.

“Rummel, quick! We must get this out before it sets!” Pelien wrung her hands as she waited for Rummel to return. She didn’t want to touch the stain, but she was anxious to have it removed.

Rummel arrived shortly with a bucket of hot water and several rags. As the girl sat over the rug scrubbing, Pelien suddenly remembered what was transpiring around her, and after her moments of insanity, the older woman pick up her skirts and hurried out to the gardens through the kitchen door. When her eyes saw Sador, she sighed a sigh a relief and slowed her step. As long as her husband was uninjured, and her daughter as well, Pelien could accept the rest.

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 10-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #285
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Alak

My save is filled in. I structured my posts before and after yours to give the impression that, while Pelien secretly agrees with the idea, at the moment she's raising some protests for pride's sake, as she's been arguing a long while against the marriage. I hope this is correct.

Arien, you're on.

I'll do a ball post later. Manardariel, would it be all right for Adrama to say a few words of apology to Finduilas? This wouldn't mean a post by you, but I'd like the permission to carry on with it.
Old 10-01-2003, 02:50 PM   #286
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hey everyone....
I just want to say, Yall have done an awesome job on this game! Now, due to reasons beyond my reach (family stuff, don´t ask) I can´t be there for the last week! I´m terribly sorry and hope this game goes well!!!
Everyone, have a great time- thanks for everything. Words can´t express how much I owe to you, and your experience. Thanx for everything.
-Manan
Old 10-01-2003, 03:56 PM   #287
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Nuru - and anyone else,

Since Manaradariel is gone, feel free to use Finduilas in your ending posts any way you need to....

Alak - I'll paste that post up this evening.

Cami

[ October 01, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-02-2003, 02:41 PM   #288
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Here is my post for Alethea's and Adrama's conversation. Nuru, I think it would be best if you placed it afeter you most recent post.

Quote:
"Adrama, I must talk to you. Things are so horrible!" Alethea’s voice dropped to hushed whisper. "There's something I must tell you."

Adrama took her hand and said in a reassuring voice, "I know what it is, Alethea."

"You know?" Relief and surprise flooded in to Alethea’s heart. But how did she know? . "Oh, but how could you possibly know? Everything has been planned so carefully, and..."

"You don't need to worry about it," Adrama said crisply. "You're the spy, and that's that. We can't do anything about it now."

Alethea looked shocked. "Oh no, Adrama, that's not it at all!" she cried. Disbelief spread over Adrama's face. Alethea hesitated a few moments more, and then she began to speak as the two began to walk through the Gardens.

“I am not the spy, nay. But I did have some work in the treachery. You know about it?” Adrama nodded her head. So if she knew the others did as well. Alethea thought of Dryea snug in false security.

Oh how she would relish the moment that her sister would fall from grace and her mother with her.

“I,” Alethea voice faltered a little but she kept speaking, “I am the spy’s sister…” She looked across to Adrama. Her face held an expression of shock.

“Dryea, but…” She started.

“Yes it is she. Her poisonous have entered your minds and numbed them. No –one could ever guess that it was she. Her air of innocence and her sweetness is too good to be true.” Alethea stopped and looked to Adrama. If her sister were false would she believe that their friendship was an act too? She looked towards Adrama again for reassurance but her eyes looked ahead.

“But..” started Alethea.

“Yes?”

“You must know that our friendship is not a fake!”

“I would never have thought such a thing; or at least I hope it was not.”

“And even though they tried to make me use you, I never did. I could never do it.”

Adrama smiled, “Thank you.” She spoke softly. Alethea was relived that Adrama believed her. If her only friend would not then Alethea would have been distraught. “But tell me something, Alethea. Why never before have you told me or anyone in fact about your sisters deceitfulness?”

“It was not only Dryea, my mother as well. I loved them; they were my family. I could not do that to them. But with recent goings on I could not bare it anymore. They went even as far as to kill!” Alethea finished exasperatedly.

“To kill?” Asked Adrama shocked, “ But who?”

“Rhir, “ Alethea replied solemnly.

“But Dryea..he…”

“I know, but I do not know which one of them did it.”

They talked for a while more and Alethea revealed everything to Adrama about their false life in Gondor and their real heritage. About the plot to shame Finduilas and her arguments with Dryea. Adrama was so understanding and Alethea was shocked to come into contact with such a warm heart; after all the coldness she had received at home.

“But I know not what to do,” Alethea finished finally.

Adrama paused, “You must go to someone. Eckthelion perhaps?”

“Yes I will,” Alethea said firmly. She could not have faith in the fact that she was going to tell him. But what would happen to her? If Dryea was caught and her mother, surely she would be caught with them. She had been a part of these lies and deceit. And even if she had not controlled it she still had had the power to turn them in. And if she was not punished, then what? She no longer had a family, and could the people of Minas Tirith or even Gondor trust her again?
But she must tell him; it was certainly the right thing to do. After a quick farewell to Adrama she made her way back to the Estate to get ready for the ball.
Thanks,

Arien

[ October 02, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 10-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #289
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Shield

Arien

It's in place.

Alak

I still need the post from you. Just send it to me whenever it's ready.
Old 10-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #290
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak,

I just pasted your earlier post into the game thread. Sorry it took so long. I've had a toothache all week ( [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] ) so things aren't getting done the way they normally would. I've been to the dentist so hopefully that is behind me.

Cami
Old 10-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #291
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I can't open the 7th page of the RPG thread!!!

PANICKING!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 09:08 PM   #292
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Don't panic, Maika. The seventh page is the white page of death, but the sixth page is the last page in the game. So, you aren't missing anything. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #293
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Nuru- sorry, about taking so long, but here is Pelien's argument. I have dialogue for Adrama, so please tell me if anything needs to be changed.

Nova-I'm going to try to get another post out that will bring Pelien and Sador to the betrothal party. I will start the conversation about the marriage there, is that okay?

"He asked me to marry him, Mother, and... and I told him I would.” Adrama stood before her mother with solid determination knowing well that Pelien would not approve of this marriage engagement.

Pelien caught her breath and tried to remain as calm as she could while concealing her shock. How had this happened? Surely, Adrama was not seriously going to marry Addruran. There had been strong chemistry that was visible between the young man and Adrama, but after all of these years of hoping her daughter would marry the future Steward, Pelien didn’t know if she could accept another man as her son-in-law.

“You told him you would marry him without even asking for my consent or at least a hint that this was coming?” Pelien’s voice was full of accusation as she stared into her daughter’s eyes. Adrama should have asked for her mother’s permission in this matter, and anger was rising in Pelien’s chest as she thought about being left out of this delicate process.

“Mother, I am an adult…I do not need your permission to marry Addruran, and for the record, I did not know myself that he was going to propose.” Adrama spoke slowly and softly seeing the resentment in her mother’s face. This was a moment she would remember for the rest of her life, and she didn’t desire to feel the brunt of Pelien’s fury. “I’ve realized I love him, and I intend on marrying him.”

“But Adrama, he’s not good enough for you. You…you’re fit to be the Steward’s wife, why…”

“But you forget, Mother, the Steward already has a wife. He has made his choice, and I have made mine.” Pelien was taken aback by Adrama’s interruption and the seriousness of her tone.

“I see…I still feel that you should reconsider your decision. What if you tell him you need more time to think? Then we can talk about this when emotions are not so…high.” Pelien reached out and touched Adrama’s arm gently. All she wanted was for her daughter to think this marriage through before she jumped into something she’d regret for the rest of her life. Maybe if the girl could be stalled, Pelien could change her mind…make her realize her mistake.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM   #294
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Game has now been flipped over to Page 7 - please don't delete any posts from Page 6 until the Game is done.

The mods will go through and do that once the game is done and ready for Elvenhome.
Old 10-04-2003, 02:49 PM   #295
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Quote:
Nova-I'm going to try to get another post out that will bring Pelien and Sador to the betrothal party. I will start the conversation about the marriage there, is that okay?
That's fine by me. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I am waiting eagerly for you next post!

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2003, 04:15 PM   #296
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Okay, Cami: When should Ruiel & Dryea arrive?

Elora: Do you want to bring us to the party?

Arien: Will Alethea return home and attend the party with her sister and mother? Or what did you have in mind...

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #297
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

Elora had said earlier that she won't post until Dryea gets in a jam. In fact she implied Rueil won't be at the ball since she mentioned she was in her office scheming. Once Dryea is captured and she hears about it, she will presumably be getting the other agents who will help her free you.

Definitely go ahead and have your character arrive at the party now by herself (or with your sister if that is appropriate). Don't worry about the timing. Remember that I can plug in an endless number of posts in any space so folk can have their posts pasted in earlier if needed.

If possible, I'd like to see the scene up by Sunday where Dryea makes her blunder with Athadan.

Note to everyone: If there is a problem with post placement, put your posts on the discussion thread and tell me exactly where you want them by date and time, before or after the existing post, or in a blank save space.

Arien, Alak- You both have posts on the discussion thread. Do you want me to put those up or will Nurumaiel do that? Please let me know the exact space by date and time as indicated above and I will do it.

Thanks.

Cami

[ October 04, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-04-2003, 07:52 PM   #298
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Cami-My post should fit in Nuru's Sept. 30th post. Half way through her post there is a spot marked (Alak's Post). Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 06:19 AM   #299
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Cami, Check your PM's and my post has already been placed on the game thread by Nuru.

Maika,

Quote:
After a quick farewell to Adrama she made her way back to the Estate to get ready for the ball.
Alethea will return home and go with Dryea to the ball.

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 10-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #300
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Arien,

Sounds good to me, but check your pms for details.

Cami
Old 10-05-2003, 09:18 AM   #301
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Alak,

Your post is up. That long conversation between you, Nuru, and Arien weaves in very nicely.

Now, let's bring this baby home to the stables!

Cami

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-05-2003, 02:35 PM   #302
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Okay, Cami could you set this post up please. You have a save for the 4th october 2003 07:05 PM, just after Alaklondewen's post on the seventh page.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

“Oh Sador, what are we going to do?”

Pelien acted like expected; sad that her dear Adrama wouldn't marry the Steward but this Addruran. Sador hesitated. What to do, he thought. The answer was clear. They couldn't do anything, it wasn't really their business. If Adrama wanted to marry Addruran and they loved each other, then.. well...

“We join them.” Sador said after a moment of silence. “…on the dance floor,” the man continued. His wife looked oddly at him, as if he was making a joke of all this. Sador however, stood up, took her hand gently and bowed before he lead Pelien onto the floor.

Sador looked over at Adrama and her husband to-be (hopefully). He realised how happy the was for her, that she had finally found the one. Sador was also proud. "Pelien," he said whispering in her ear. "They do look wonderful together," he said nodding towards their daugher. Pelien gave a sigh. "But it wasn't meant to be..." she claimed.

"Ah well..Why not?" Sador said considering the situation carefully before asking this. He looked in his wife's deep eyes. "Don't you see? Adrama, our daughter was madly in love with Denethor, but she could still see Addruran. Which means in my opinion, that she practically saw this man when he was invisible." Sador swinged Pelien around. "And that is love, my dear wife. She saw him when she was in love with someone else."

Pelien didn't say anything, she just gazed at her husband, looking, searching; to find an answer to why he had said exactly this. Sador noticed the music stop, the dance was over....

__________________________________________________ _______________

Alaklondewen- If you like me to change anything, just ask. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks,

*nova* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #303
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I have posted for Alethea, the Stweard now knows all that she knows.

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Arien ]
Old 10-05-2003, 09:07 PM   #304
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Hey, I have no idea what Dryea is supposed to do with Athadan. Will he come up to her with a note? Will she take it? What will the note say? I'm very perplexed.

But I did come up with a post for her arrival but I see that Arien's already sort of taken care of it.

Oh well, here's what it is, I guess it can go right after Arien's.

Quote:
"Oh, just send them away," Dryea complained to Rheaite. The maid stood nervously by the door to the parlor room, waiting to accept the next person come to pay condolences to the grieving woman. 'They were engaged for but six hours,' they would exclaim. 'It couldn't have happened to a dearer girl.' Lady Morthaniawen squirmed with glee at their pitiful faces. She so loved putting on dramatics and watching people's reactions. It was possible that Dryea even over did some of her acts like bursting into tears at the slightest mention of some delicate subject and even resorting to throwing her glass of wine across the room and out the open window. Rheaite knew she was playing a wicked game with these people's hearts and it was all she could do from stopping her.

"My Lady," she said intrepidly after a Ms Dillirdyn and her two daughters of just down the Way had left Dryea to one of her particular outrageous fits. "If I'm not too bold, perhaps if you were less dramatic and more accepting and fallaciously thankful of these people's attempts to cheer you, your loss would be well-harbored in the citizen's own hearts." Dryea stood and turned to glare at her maid. In two strides she was towering over the young girl, her hand raised in mid-strike. A moment before the inevitable slap, there came a knock at the door. "Get it," Dryea hissed to the terrified Rheaite. "And do not mistake me for the weakling of a woman my sister is. I expect you to keep your place!" The maid answered the door, trembling violently and deathly pale.

"The Isindils are here to see Miss Dryea," the butler announced to Rheaite. "Are you alright Miss Rhe?" The maid, nodding fiercely at the butlers inquiry, relayed the message to Dryea.

"Ooh yummy!" the lady exclaimed nastily. "I was hoping they'd come." She took a seat on the settee adopting a rigid and uneasy position. "Show them in," she whispered excitedly. Dryea made her face lack and gave an overburdening grief stricken appearance to her eyes. Then silver tears streamed down her cheeks. Thus Mr. And Mrs. Isindil found her. Rhircyn's mother had also been crying.

When they entered, Dryea allowed them to see her uncomfortable state before she turned to see who they were. She summoned an even more pained expression to her face and stood slowly, making her way to Lady Amowiel. Nearly there she swooned and fell with a dainty thump to the floor.

"Quick!" Lord Gaenry said. "The poor girl's fainted!" Rheaite's anger bottled up inside of her as she ran for someone to 'help'. Lady Isindil knelt beside the girl and cradled her head in her lap, crying softly. Dryea's eyes fluttered and open. Then she too began to cry. Rheaite returned with Ruiel bursting in the lead followed by the butler and a serving girl balancing a glass of water and two pills on a silver tray.

The Isindils left soon after Dryea 'recovered'. They decided it was too soon to speak with her about their son. The young woman thanked them for coming and apologized for fainting. "It's quite all right my dear," Lord Gaenry said solemnly. "We understand." The house was gravely silent as the Isindils made their way out the doors and down the path to their carriage.

Then Rheaite started to cry out of anger and Dryea laughed at her. "Oh get out!" she yelled at the furious maid. Helpless, the girl left her mistress's company and ran down to the kitchens. Ruiel, after making sure her daughter was truly all right, absconded to her office.

"My Lady?" the new maid's voice rang like a bell as she prepared to announce the next visitor. The woman smiled, "Yes?"

"There's a Miss Elena here to see you." Dryea's expression went from surprise, to worry, to acceptance.

"Very well, show her in." Elena entered and looking pityingly at her friend. She walked over to the sofa where Dryea sat in her black dress and veil, pouring a cup of tea—she'd already had enough wine for the morning. After looking her friend up and down, she quickly determined that all was well with her and her reason for dropping in was sincere. There might have been a few questions she'd have been hoping to ask but after Dryea's 'act' she would think it better not to.

"How are you doing?" Elena whispered kindly, laying a hand on her friend's arm. Dryea took in a short quick breath and then sighed just as promptly and mournfully.

"All right, I guess," she muttered weakly. The discussion went well and Dryea kept the posing cloud of despair huddled about her snuggly and politely accepted the condolences that passed through. Once during their talk she even began to cry (again) and Elena embraced her comfortingly.

After an hour or so the student left without asking any of her curious questions, leaving Dryea in her peaceful misery. "That will do for today," Lady Morthaniawen announced. "I'll have no more visitors." She stood and took the pins out of her hat, setting it on the table by the settee. She walked over to the window and looked out over her gardens and at the slightly graying sky overhead.

"Lady Dryea," the maid said in her singsong voice. "Thy mother sends word. Ye are required to attend the ball held by his grace the Steward—" she paused to brush at her nose, Dryea laughed. "She wants ye to be ready by seven this evening." The woman nodded.

"Give my mother my accordance." Bowing, the maid left to do as Dryea bid. In lighter spirits at the girl's wise demonstration of loyalty, Lady Morthaniawen ventured up to her room on the East wing.

The dress for tonight was of midnight black silk: appropriate for her current situation. Woven here and there were dark blue flowers that emitted a pleasant fragrance. Even though the colors were dark and mournful, the style was definitely not so. It was of the latest fashion appropriately implied with lace up sleeves segmented into slight ruffles and a closefitting bodice atop a full skirt. A motif of black roses were embroidered throughout and gave it a regal appearance. "Simply splendid," Mari, Dryea's new maid, had described it. Lady Dryea thought so. It was simple enough to fit her grief-stricken condition, but splendid enough to keep her reputation of utmost majestic splendor encouraged. She finished off the ensemble with a velour ribbon tied around her slender neck in a choker fashion, plus a set of onyx earrings, bracelet and rings.

"Mademoiselle," Mari whispered in her ear after curling the last lock of auburn hair and letting it hang down her back. "You are the finest lady I've ever seen." Dryea beamed. Her hair was curled and let down except for a small portion that was pulled behind her ears and knotted in the back. This was covered by a stylish black cap adorned with a single black rose and some ebony net.

"Is the lady ready Miss Mari?" the butler inquired from without Dryea's chamber door.

"She'll be right along." Making sure she carried all the necessities to a corsair woman's outfit, including every mean of self-defense, Dryea allowed Mari to carry her black cloak, gloves, and fan to the door for her. Not long after, Alethea arrived to hear out Ruiel's final instructions.

"It's not that big of a deal girls," she informed, "but keep your eyes and ears open and stay on your best behavior." There was more and finally the two women boarded the carriage and were off to the citadel.
I have some bad news. I will not be able to post until Tuesday because I'm having a sort of last minute operation tomorrow morning and won't be home until late tomorrow night. I am so sorry for any complications I'm causing having to do with wrapping this RPG up, but real life can't be helped.

I'll be back in Tuesday some time to sort it out. Thank you for your patience. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-06-2003, 12:49 AM   #305
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Novnarwen & Maikafanawen

I have placed your posts as you requested.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:20 PM   #306
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Maikafanawen, hope everything goes OKl and you recover well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 10-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #307
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

Sorry to hear about that. If you are still up and about, please check your pms.

Cami
Old 10-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #308
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Thanks everyone! It was wisdom teeth BUT ... what had happened was that a nerve had gotten "tangled" in the roots of one and the tooth was sort of stretching out the nerve. I passed out twice from the pain and it was a last minute emergency that it had to come out. And if that wasn't enough, I ended up having to have five wisdom teeth that needed removing and because my mouth is pretty small they had to do a lot of extra slicing and dicing. Not too pretty.

But anyways, they didn't touch my hand except for the IV so I can still type for as long as I'm awake. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Okay, Cami: I got your PM, and that will work the best.

Cheers!
-Maikafanawen
Old 10-07-2003, 12:25 PM   #309
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio,

I've closed the C & C thread. Could you check it? Have to run to a teacher conference...

I put up Ealasaide's post on 10/4 at 11:21 under Everdawn and went back to edit but the text was gone. You could see the post on the front of the screen but couldn't edit because the text was missing.

Could you check what's going on? If you think the game thread is alright, then unlock it.

Running out the door.....

Cami

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-07-2003, 02:08 PM   #310
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

I reworked the post you had put up for Ealasaide. You must have taken it from a PM to you and posted it directly to the Game - it needed to be reworked in Word and then posted (I think the BD program gets confused easily! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] )

The game is probably ok now - but for safety's sake - I simply cleared out a bunch of old saves on page 6, and put in a few saves on page 7 that should be enough for the ending of the game.

EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO DO A FINAL POST OR FILL IN A SAVE:

Place your post HERE on the Discussion Thread and one of the mods will transfer it to the Game. Please don't PM it to Cami.

Thanks!

~~ Pio

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-07-2003, 02:23 PM   #311
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Pio,

Thank you. Yes, the post did come via pm. I've never had that happen before but will keep that trick in mind for the future.

Again, thanks.

Cami
Old 10-07-2003, 02:55 PM   #312
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OK... my final post will go here. I can't begin to knock one up until I know where the relevant characters are in reference and juxtapostion to Ruiel.

Just so you know that I'm still paying attention. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maika.... good see you're back with us. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2003, 03:01 PM   #313
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

My post is up for Athadan . . . Dryea is betrayed! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2003, 03:03 PM   #314
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, sorry! I didn't know that sending a post by PM was such a problem. I will not do that in the future. I just was not sure whether what I had written would fit in well with what was happening or not & wanted to run it by Cami first. My bad!

[ October 07, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 10-07-2003, 04:17 PM   #315
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Ealasaide,

Check your pms. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cami
Old 10-07-2003, 04:29 PM   #316
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika,

Dryea is on. Please check your pms and go ahead with your post.

Hope you are feeling better.

Cami
Old 10-07-2003, 08:48 PM   #317
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Thanks Cami, but on the contrary I was feeling worse for a moment there. Then I got to typing Dryea's capture and it took my mind off the pain! So here it is, I hope it will work alright.

Quote:
Dryea raised a thin eyebrow as Athadan handed her the vellum. His hands shook only slightly but such was the reaction of some to Dryea's majestic presence.

"A message from Ecthelion to Thorongil, m’Lady. He has agreed to Thorongil’s request to send ships and troops south to quell any chance of problems spreading north toward Gondor." Glancing to the bottom of the sheet, Dryea approved its authenticity.

"Fine Athadan, I'll be hoping to hear from you soon with more information. We've something big on our hands." She dismissed him then with a flick of her wrist and he bowed deeply before leaving her to the alcove. She sat down on the cushioned window-seat and reviewed the contents.

It took her by surprise. What with the marriage between Denethor and Finduilas, she didn't expect Ecthelion to agree so quickly with sending troops. Perhaps things were leaking out of Umbar worse than she thought.

Rolling the vellum up and securing it again with the ribbon, she folded it into the confines of her bodice and left the alcove. Pulling a black handkerchief from her drawstring purse, she dabbed at her eyes in case anyone was watching her emerge.

Then she heard the footsteps. She knew right away that they were not just guests seeking the nearest exit for fresh air or servants on their way to the kitchens. These were the solid steps of guards; and they came from both directions. Dryea was feeling a bit nervous as she began to walk back down the stairs towards the ballroom. She looked up just in time to see the first two guards mount the stairs. They looked up and their expressions held that look of detection that identified her as whom they'd been searching for.

Without thinking she spun quickly and flew back up the stairs, fumbling for her dagger as she went. She had just closed her hands around the hilt as she ran into someone at the top of the stairs. He grabbed her wrist and applied pressure that caused to her to slacken her grip. The dagger fell to the marble floor with a hollow clatter.

"Lady Morthaniawen," said a somber voice. Dryea looked up, a strand of amber curls falling from underneath her hat. Her gaze met with Ecthelion's. His eyes were cold and full of disappointment. The regret written on his façade was so powerful that Dryea even felt a little shameful for her actions. Then her soul hardened against him and she stood ready to lie.

"My Lord!" she curtsied quickly and pried herself from the guard's grasp. "These men attacked me! I was defending myself!"

"Guards of Minas Tirith attacking you?" Ecthelion bellowed. Dryea's expression faltered and her tongue froze.

"I-I, well, yes-no! m-my Lord." Tears of frustration began to well up in her eyes.

"Yes? No? What is it!?" The Stewards stepped forward and gestured for the guards to get her back on her feet and standing level with him. At her full height she was almost as tall as he was. But she felt so much smaller. "Search her," he commanded.

The guards did so indifferently until they'd recovered the message. Confused, Dryea searched the Steward's eyes for an answer. "Athadan!" she choked. Ecthelion's expression remained placid as he weighed the vellum in his hand.

"Take her away."

"NO!" Dryea began to kick and squirm, doing her best to free herself from the guards' hold. "You can't! I-I..." She was gagged then and chains were locked on her wrists. But the struggle continued as she was taken down the back stairs to the iron carriage that awaited her.

About halfway to the door leading outside her gag ripped and she screamed once good and loud before they silenced her again. Hopefully an ally would have heard!
I wasn't sure what else to add. Hopefully that will suffice. Contact me if I'm needed further. I've had so much fun playing Dryea. Will she get one last say? Like may I put a post where she is leaving Gondor and returning to Umbar, just a last thought or something. I could have it ready by tomorrow methinks. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Thanks all!!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 10-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #318
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OK, here's a draft Ruiel post for consideration. It may change depending on other final events. If that is so, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I'm working this up somewhat preemptively so that when the time comes I shall not hold things up. That bears an attendant risk that the state of play can change and make my draft redundant.

I forsee though, at this time, that this will be Ruiel's second last post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rannë shot through Ruiel's door without so much as a word. Ruiel's head snapped up at the intrusion, her expression fiercely cool. It made barely a dint in her normally circumspect and level headed maid's demeanour.

"What is this," Ruiel snapped waspishly at Rannë.
"Dryea has been arrested!"

Rannë wasted no breath on curtesty titles nor tactful words. Indeed, she was still puffing from her sprint through the Manor's halls. Ruiel dropped her nib in startled surprise, ink splattering over the paper she had been working on as well as her silk gown. She ignored both stains as the ink spread darkly. Distantly in her mind, a cool voice observed that the ink very much represented the ill fortune that would undo all her work, inexorably spreaking like a cankerous disease... We are not ruined yet, Ruiel snapped back at herself.

Rannë's wide eyed expression of dismay deepened and Ruiel realised that she had spoken aloud. She abruptly stood, the furrows in her brow deepening. Gone was the cultivated air of a delicate Gondorian noblewoman. Ruiel had little use for it now. Rannë saw her mistress transform into the Umbarian Corsair she truly was, desperation and implacable will garbed in a stained silk robe and clutching an ornate golden dagger like to the one her eldest daughter had dropped.

"When did this happen," she snarled.
"Within the hour," Rannë blurted anxiously. "Dryea was taken into custody by the Steward himself."
"And what of Alethea," Ruiel probed. Rannë blinked, surprised by this sudden turn of seemingly maternal concern.

"I have heard nothing of the young Lady Morthaniawen," Rannë replied. She gasped as she watched Ruiel's expression become one of infinite rage. With one hand, Ruiel swept the contents of her desk onto the floor with a shattering crash.

"Treachery!" The accusation hung in the air. Ruiel struggled to breath through her rising violent temper and Rannë took an involuntary step backwards. The Lady Morthaniawen moved behind her chair and gripped the back of it with white knuckled hands. Rannë was certain she'd hear the crack of wood splintering soon. Such rages were rarely witnessed.

Indeed, Rannë had only seen them twice before in her many years of service to Ruiel. One had been the instrument of freeing her from the Captain. The other had lead to Lord Morthaniawen's death. Both had resulted in murder. Ruiel had not risen to her rank in Umbar's array of spies and courtisans with clean hands.

"Dispose of everything in this office."
"Everything?" All the years of work, to be destroyed. In a chill, bleak voice, Ruiel repeated herself.

"Everything." Ruiel released the back of her chair and stalked from the room, her step becoming swifter and swifter still. If Rannë was found destroying documents then so be it. She'd find a new maid sooner or later. She'd find a new household and house if it came to that.

As for her daughters and herself, that was a different matter entirely. Alethea, if she was traitor, would be protected by Eckthelion. Umbar would have to wait for it's vengeance against her treason. Dryea may possibly be saved. Ruiel had no intentions of leaving her eldest daughter, who knew so much, alive and able to speak, waiting at the Steward's leisure. Dryea would either be rescued or given the only honourable way out.

Ruiel would certainly not sit like a duck upon a glassy millpond whilst the ocean tossed and the wind howled. Too long and too much she had laboured for this. She tore the silk robe from her as she entered her room and riffled through her wardrobe. Tucked away in a dark corner was exactly what she was looking for.

When Ruiel slipped out of her room and crept her way through her house, it was as though she were a common assassin once more. Garbed in common streetwear, her hair tucked up and away in a man's hat, Ruiel melted into the steady traffic of people with only two things in her possession. One was her golden dagger. The other was her right of safe passage across Umbar's borders. No need for frippery now, and let the Steward's men find the matron of Minas Tirith's society shuffling along like a common innkeeper.

Two things were also upon her mind: Death and Freedom.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:56 PM   #319
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Maika and Elora,

Great posts! I have gone ahead and done a transition post leading into Elora's and also another transition post after hers.

Elora - Please go ahead and do whatever you're going to do in the final post. I have traced out the route the guards will use to drag off Dyrea. If you need anything edited in these posts, let me know and I will happily comply.

Cami
Old 10-08-2003, 12:39 PM   #320
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Dryea is going to need a few things to get out of Minas Tirith all right and back to Umbar so I put Mari to some good use. I hope this is all right:

Quote:
Mari shook nervously as she watched from the shadows of the alcove. A pack of clothes and other few necessities for herself was slung over her shoulder. The maid was unrecognizable in her loose-fitting black clothes with a sword strapped to her belt. Mari instead looked the part of a regular citizen tonight!

No more than ten minutes after Mari had overheard Ränne tell Ruiel of Dryea's arrest, the soldiers were swarming all over the Morthaniawen Estate like maggots attacking a host. Inconceivable fury overwhelmed her and she discarded her cloak of hesitance to do what was needed of her. The maid was two flights of stairs and three hallways away from Dryea's bedchambers and it was hence she ran. Ducking under tapestries and pulling down priceless vases to stop the soldiers who pursued, Mari made it twenty paces before they did and locked the door behind her.

Immediately they began to hack at the mahogany with swords. It took a few minutes for Mari to rip down the cover and loose the chain from behind the tapestry that let fall the iron-gate. It gave a tremendous crash and chips of mortar fell from the ceiling.

"HA!" the maid cried triumphantly. Curses were barely audible from behind the barricade as the soldiers stood dumbfounded, unsure of what to do.

Mari wasted no time. She ran to the closet and tore aside the assortment of gorgeous dresses to the safe in the back. Pulling her own dagger from her frock she picked at the lock until it clicked open. Inside she found the documents Dryea would need to return safely to Umbar. She kissed the envelope thankfully and stuffed it into the leather bag hanging from the peg just inside the compartment.

Next to go inside the bag was a change of clothes for Dryea. She would not get very far in that dress she had left the house in, so Mari included a pair of snug-fitting pants, a black swordsman's shirt, and leather jerkin. "Shoes!" she reminded herself and also added a pair of sturdy black leather boots. She left the closet then, bumping her head on the lowly hung frame. Shaking off the slight dizziness she rummaged through the desk and found a pair of slender long-knives.

Finally she stuffed a handful of jewels into one of the inner pockets in case other things must be purchased. The last thing she grabbed was Dryea's own sword, a gift from her and her mother's employer.

These things tied securely to her belt, or in the case of the bag draped over her shoulder, Mari opened the passageway inside the fireplace and let herself down carefully to the dark hallway below. She walked ten paces before coming across a lever. She tugged on it twice and a door opened into the kitchens. Mari looked around to make sure no one was there and then ran across the scullery to the door at the far side, her boots making no noise as she ran.

A gust of cold wind met Mari as she ran across the back lawn to the alley exit. There were no soldiers waiting for her.

"Mari!" a young masculine voice called. The maid turned to see her brother Drian give her a wink and wave a bloody dagger. "S'all taken care of Sis! Good luck!" Mari nodded and was off to the Citadel, hoping to catch up with Ruiel in time.

Elora: I was just wondering, when Ruiel "rescues" Dryea, she's not going to be mad at her is she? I mean, Alethea betrayed them and Dryea was actually doing really well and all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think they should bond! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Oh yeah, I was also thinking that maybe Ruiel can see Mari sort of looking for her and snag her or something. Mari's being a v good little maid here helping to get them out safely. It'd be nice if Ruiel could help out a teensy bit, what do you think? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] One last thing, are Dryea & Ruiel going to try and do anything before they leave? What about Alethea?

Mm, how exciting

-Maikafanawen