User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #201
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
I think I'll make it vague until further info ^_^ It's alright Krys; I was bugging you a bunch :-P
Old 03-17-2004, 07:43 AM   #202
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I happen to know personally a very gentle and experienced healer, if any injured rangers would be in need of assistance.

Collothion stayed behind in the settlement, if you need him.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:14 PM   #203
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
and what is his policy on non-member treatment? hehe
Old 03-17-2004, 09:06 PM   #204
Carrűn
Wight

Carrűn has just left Hobbiton.
alaklondewen I'll keep it in mind
Old 03-28-2004, 09:04 AM   #205
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Bethberry - I manipulated Calumdril a little. Please check the post and let me know if you want anything edited.

I have a general question. What exactly do they do to the game so that the meat will not spoil while they are in the woods? Especially if they are out there a couple of nights. It may seem like a silly question, but I think it raises realistic concerns.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:15 PM   #206
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

A nice pick up from my post, Alak. Well done. Don't change a thing.

As for how to prepare the animals, .... my gut instinct (okay, okay, I know that is bad) is that they should be eviscerated, as the organs spoil the fastest, and spread with salt. Perhaps what we need to think about is having some of the non-hunting settlers take the meat back to the settlement each night, for skinning, etc.

Other than that, I think this is a quest for our intrepid leader. Oh XPhial....
Old 03-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #207
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
The meat

Since we are talking about a game, each team can have a non-played character who will bring the bounty back to the settlement each night to be smoked or cured. Of course the first day's catch will have to be treated somehow. Actually, about 80% will be treated and the rest can be kept fresh by submerging the cut up carcasses in the lake (in something watertight of course) until the feast. The cold lake water will keep the meat from turning.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:06 PM   #208
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Um... Belin? Bear isn't Kestrel's husband; that's Knife. Kestrel just yells at all the brothers equally.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:46 PM   #209
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
ACK. I knew that, I knew that, I knew that. Blah. It just seemed like such nice symmetry at the moment. Maybe I should injure Knife too to make up for it?

Nah. But I'll fix it. Apologies.
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 03-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #210
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
I posted again. Still waiting to leave the settlement. Not sure what the plans are for dwarves.

Himaran
Old 03-30-2004, 10:00 PM   #211
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
how bout knife says something scaving to bear eariler and he punches him out? that would injure him hehe
Old 03-30-2004, 10:58 PM   #212
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*snorts* You, sir, are quite the silly fool.

I will write something and post it tomorrow, I hope. Kestrel has a lot to think about.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:06 PM   #213
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield Moving things along

If no one objects, tomorrow I will post for C and C bringing their hunt back to the settlement. I think it is time we moved on to get over this part of the game and get the interaction between the groups into place. A slow game becomes idle out of forgetfulness and boredom.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:26 PM   #214
Carrűn
Wight

I agree. Awyrgan's been in a state of perpetual soreness for sometime.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:13 PM   #215
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

I won't be able to post until next Friday since I will be taking a vacation to Belize, just to let you know.

I'm really sorry that I haven't posted on this RPG for so long, I just haven't had much inspiration for it. I'll try and do better after I get back.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #216
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

The feast has started

Okay! The feast has started, the story is in motion, and we are ready for a flood of posting.

Dwarves, make your connections and head back to the settlement, we'll need you for the aftermath of the attack.

Settlers and Rangers, post your revelries. We will want accounts of the hunt as told to friendsand family, songs, merriment, and general reactions to the celebrations.

Hillmen, these guys are not being quiet about their happiness. The sky will be filled with the smoke of their cooking fires and this is a GREAT time to plan an attack. We await your dastardly blows!

I will post the contest results on Monday, so until that time you are free to get your revelry and planning posts in. After my contest announcement goes up, the settlement is free to be attacked at any time, so be prepared.

Let the party begin
Old 04-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #217
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

Just organising my post... can't seem to find belin again she's dissapeared but as always she'll be back!

Gotta get bear healed and ready in time for this little foray... watch your backs southerners!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:09 PM   #218
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have posted, but it is only Flint and Rain, 'cause Kestrel is curiously silent. 'Sides, I've been wanting to do a post with them for a while now. They're so cute...
Old 04-13-2004, 11:03 AM   #219
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Well, I gave it an extra day in case people had something to add. Once this current post is up, it's a free for all for the hillmen to attack, so put in your feasts posts if you have them as soon as you can. Also, winners and prizes today! Yay.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #220
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Question

Carrun - Will Awyrgan be visiting with Collothion? If so, I will save a space for him in my upcoming post for Cuilad.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:49 PM   #221
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

I'm here, Osse. I'm just having, er.. major life events. Blah. PM me, I'll get it and more than likely respond...

Oh, and Tinuviel... that is quite chilling. I love it.
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 04-14-2004, 05:50 PM   #222
Carrűn
Wight

alaklondewen - that was part of my idea, yes
Old 04-16-2004, 06:59 PM   #223
Carrűn
Wight

Tolkien

Ok, I filled in my save. I forsee at least a few more posts before there's any attacks by hillmen, Awyrgan's just not really the social type so I figured I just send him off on a walk. If I took too many liberties with someone's character please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Last edited by Carrűn; 04-16-2004 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2004, 12:00 AM   #224
Osse
Shade of Carn Dűm

I will be moving back home to australia... TOMORROW!

and will be away from the computer for about 2 weeks. I have made one save, but will have to fill in a couple i think. Could i email em to X or belin ?

Cheers guys, be safe and cya in 2 weeks

Osse
Old 04-23-2004, 07:21 AM   #225
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Vana, Can you see if my post is what you wanted? (connections....)

Thanks,

HImaran
Old 04-23-2004, 08:13 PM   #226
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Kryssal, I sent you a PM informing you that Thoronmir would be at the settlement , but I'm not sure that it got sent OK due to my unfamiliarity with the new system. Would you please tell me whether you recieved it or not?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #227
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril Barzűn

I'm kind of back. Not really, as I have a whole lot of AP review now. The play's over, though, so I may be on more. Good post, Himaran. Is my portrayal of Olin's questions all right? I can change it when I have time if you want. And I figured full revelations could take place when we returned to camp, X if you don't mind. Did you think that my post was all right? Well, i'm back in a manner of speaking.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:57 PM   #228
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
I did No problems.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:59 PM   #229
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'm sorry to leave you at this point, but I have been grounded and cannot get online until next Friday.

You may do what you want with my character, just don't kill him.

See you all next week.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:23 AM   #230
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield A slow game gathers no posts

Hello fellow gamers,

It has been over a week since the last post was made on Resettling the Lost Kingdom.

Is this game losing its appeal? What can be done to get it moving again and moving with speed and interest?

What has happened to the impending attack?

Bęthberry,
Old 05-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #231
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Shield To draw us to conclusion...

I have been in contact with both Belin and XPhial about how to get this game up and running. Here's the plan.

I will set a definite date for the game's conclusion. XPhial will then post a timeline of activities and events which will guide the gamers's posts. She and Belin will also be nudging gamers along so we have a reasonable speed of posting. Gamers should be posting once or twice a week--any slower and the fun of interacting gets lost in the delays.

The game will be closed on Sunday June 27th, 10 pm EDT.

Bęthberry,
Moderator for Rohan

Last edited by Bęthberry; 05-11-2004 at 01:21 PM. Reason: closing date put in bold
Old 05-11-2004, 12:32 PM   #232
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

The timeline

Ok, Belin and I have worked through the ending and have a timeline ready.

Week of May 14 - May 21

Belin will kick off the attack on the settlement on the 14th, Friday. Hillmen, check PMs for more specific instructions, but feel free to post about killing guards, burning tents, stealing horses, etc.

Settlers and rangers, fight back. We can make a dent in the hillmen, but a good many of them will need to escape. We're all a bit drunk and lazy from the celebration anyway, and security, though just stepped up, has been lax. Fight as well as you can, though, and we should lose few citizens, though possibly a good number of gaurds.

Dwarves, head back to the village please.

May 21 - May 24

Reactions to the attack by hillmen and settlers/rangers alike. Feelings, survey of damage, celebrations over living through the fight. Dwarves arrive back at the settlement, but don't tell the settlers what they know yet.

Week of May 24 - May 31

The Settlers and Rangers track the hillmen back to their village and take prisoners back to the settlement for judgement. The settler/ranger group will be divided into trackers and those left at home to clean up the mess. Dwarves will reveal the connection between the hillmen and the settlers at this time.

May 31 - June 5

Hillmen are brought back for judgement, and given the choice to either join the settlement or be iradicated. Settlers/Rangers will have to fight with those who refuse to join the group.

June 5 - June 11

End of the game. The stone for permanent buildings will arrive, those who chose to stay with the settlers will have to start their new lives there. The town will start to become a town, and the rangers and settlers almost one people, united by the continuing threat of the hillmen who are still out there. We end on a hopeful, but not totally resolved note, rather like life.

This gives us plenty of time to finish the game within the deadline bethberry gave us. If we need to extend one section or another by a few days, it's not a tragedy. If, however, people check the game frequently and post regularly, there should be NO problems getting through what we need to within this time frame. Please, if you have any questions, PM me or put them in the discussion thread. I am happy to clarify any points that need clearing up.

Thank you to everyone for their patience with the game. We're in the home stretch now, and I know we can end this game well and before our time is up!

Last edited by The X Phial; 05-13-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:10 PM   #233
Carrűn
Wight

I'm alive. I just got back from school for the year, and my family's computer suddenly decided not to work so myself and Himaran will have sporadic Internet service at best for the next week or so until this is resolved.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM   #234
Carrűn
Wight

Tolkien

Kryssal I put a post in like you requested - I'll add more to it when I get some time. Let me know if you think something needs changed.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:03 PM   #235
Belin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Osse, I hope I was right in picking up on your cues about Bear. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything. Are you going to fill in your save? I wasn't sure, but I tried to write as if you had. This schedule seems very doable to me, so let's see if we can finish this story.

However, I am totally incapable of writing battles, so I hope somebody will help me out (sounds like a job for Osse, really).

I'll send out pm's tomorrow as the balance of the universe will clearly be completely thrown off if I write anything more today.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:08 PM   #236
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril Concerning Dwarves...

Himaran, go ahead and fill in your post when you're ready. Just have the journey back, really. If you want to do half of the way back, I can do the other half. Or we can divide it up other ways...or however you want. I'm open to suggestions.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 AM   #237
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dűm

Wow, excellent posts from both Belin and Osse! I hope my follow up can do them justice.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #238
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Belin, does what you, Osse, and I discussed for Kestrel still hold true? Or shall I rearrange?
Old 05-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #239
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Vana: My post, since it is before the battle and the dwarves are not there, will take the party halfway back to the settlement. You can finish the journey after the battle has died out.

Himaran
Old 05-19-2004, 10:45 PM   #240
TheLadyAerowen
Haunting Spirit

TheLadyAerowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to TheLadyAerowen
I'll be filling in that save soon; or post a reply after it depending on timing. I've got the post ready, I just have to go tweak it except..it's 1am right now and I'm not in the best of tweaking moods :-P

About my absence; my computer had a virus and I was down for more than two weeks. Meh.

Anyway. I'm back on my feet, I hope. I've been so blah with finals coming up and all these huge projects teachers have assigned; but I only have a couple weeks of school left.