The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Avid toy collectors

Strictly for the fun of it...<P>How many of you own five or more individual action figures from ToyBiz of Lord of the Rings series? Me, I've spent WAY too much money on them. Though I got on the action figure bandwagon awfully late, I still managed to find sources and get ahold of rare figures like Battle Elrond, and Arwen and Frodo and Asfaloth.<P>Recently, I was able to get my hands on some yet-to-be-released babies like Aragorn and Brego RotK, as well as Dernhelm (or, Eowyn in Armor as they call it...I wonder if the name "Dernhelm" will even be used) and Ganalf the White RotK!<P>If you dig around in the scrapbook of toys on TheOneRing.net, you'll find a few that "Ringer Spy Knight of Gondor" sent in of his new Aragorn figure. Gee...wonder who that could be? Quite a thrill to get MY stuff posted on TheOneRing.net!!
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-15-2003, 03:37 AM   #2
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Essex has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'ge approx 20 of them, but I have an excuse as I have a 4 year old who likes them!<P>PS I have seen a fair few of the rotk ones (are they re3leased yet in usa? they are in england!) there's a large size gollum, they've packaged together saruman and sauron (they had a load of saruman's left over from lotr!) <P>BUT<P>have you seen the new aragorn one? It is named SOMETHING LIKE "Pellenor Fields Aragorn", and he is in his GONDORIAN armour.<P>HOW ON EARTH CAN THIS BE? HOW DOES HE GET HIS ARMOUR BEFORE HE REACHES MT?????
Old 10-15-2003, 07:23 AM   #3
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I own a fair few. I'm currently on hold. I refuse to buy any more before I've got Denethor.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've got the boxed set of the Fellowship, actually just picked it up recently, and I bought two cause I knew my nephew would want one quite badly He's also got the TTT Eomer figure. I've seen ROTK Eomer at Walmart, as well as Frodo and Sam in orc armour.

~The Fellowship of the King~
Old 10-15-2003, 03:00 PM   #5
andreadawn
Pile O'Bones

andreadawn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I only have the Applause Strider figure (still in its box-how geeky). It is the only Strider/Aragorn figure that REALLY looks like him, the toy-biz ones don't look that good to me. My daughter has the Applause Gandalf figure. These dolls are about 9 inches tall and have amazing detail. I got them for a steal last summer at Suncoast video-only $9.99 each!!(they usually retail for about $27.00)
Old 10-15-2003, 04:02 PM   #6
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Let's see, from the Fellowship I have Bilbo, Gandalf the Grey, Gimli, Sauron, Boromir and Lurtz. From the Two Towers I have Frodo, Merry, Pippen, Aragorn, Legolas (complete with skateboard, Ugluk and Grishnakh. I didn't particularly like the TT Faramir, so I'm waiting to see what comes out for the ROTK. I will also get a ROTK Sam because he is the only Fellowship member I am missing...<P>Oh it is for my kids...honest!
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Old 10-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #7
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I started collecting the action figures quite late also, but now I cannot stop. For some of my favorite figures, I try to buy two so that I can have one out on display (and to play with), and still leave one in the box. <P>I currently have (6-inch figures):<P>9 figure Fellowship set (2)<BR>Merry and Pippin with Moria Orc (2)<BR>Boromir and Lurtz (2)<BR>Frodo with light-up Sting (2)<BR>Frodo with ring and display stand (2)<BR>Sam in Moria *with skillet action* (2)<BR>Legolas (2)<BR>Sam in Mordor *with rope climbing action* (2)<BR>Frodo and Sam in the elven boat (2)<BR>Merry and Pippin (2)<BR>Éomer in armor (2)<BR>Éomer as king (2)<BR>Frodo in orc armor (2)<BR>Sam in orc armor (2)<BR>Saruman with palantķr (1)<BR>Gandalf (1)<BR>Gimli with stand (1)<BR>Strider with torch (1)<BR>Helm's Deep Aragorn (1)<BR>Treebeard (1)<BR>Aragorn in Gondorian armor (1)<BR>Aragorn and Brego (1)<BR>Gimli and Uruk-Hai (1)<BR>WitchKing (1)<BR>Twilight Ringwraith (1)<BR>Aragorn (1)<P>(12-inch figures):<P>Frodo *FotR* (1)<BR>Gimli *RotK* (1)<BR>Legolas *RotK* (1)<P>(3-inch figures):<P>Aragorn on Brego (1)<BR>Gandalf on Shadowfax (1)<BR>Frodo, Sam & Ringwraith (1)<BR>Ringwraith on horseback (1)<BR>2 Ringwraiths & twilight Ringwraith (1)<BR>2 Ringwraiths & twilight Frodo (1)<P><B>...and I ain't done yet!!</B>
Old 10-27-2003, 07:07 AM   #8
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Toysrus (in england anyway) are gearing up to the release of rotk!<P>At the start of the store (as they all seem to be designed the same way) where the old harry potter stuff was they now have a massive return of the king display! <P>I dived straight in and got my son (my excuse for buying toys!) some of the 3 inch figures as he's (I'm!) getting the helm's deep set for his birthday. also got him a rotk bedspread, and myself a new rotk coffee mug. (I also got the fellowship of the ring game for a fiver, but can't get it working on the 3 pcs I own). ah well........I left the store half and hour and £89 poorer.....<P>God, I'm 35 and I need to grow up!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:28 AM   #9
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

Let's see, I'm not the only chump out there who incessantly buys useless pieces of plastic and rubber... phew!<BR>I currently own <BR>3 Aragorns (Striderw/ the bow action, Helms Deep, and the RoTK in his Elessar getup)<BR>2 Saruman's (Both the same, from the TT... one still in the package)<BR>1 easterling<BR>1 Moria Orc<BR>1 Sam (FoTR es., came with the little stand)<BR>1 Merry<BR>1 Pippen<BR>1 Gandalf the grey (the delux guy w/ the light up staff)<BR>1 Gandalf the white<BR>1 Gondorian Ranger<BR>1 Faramir<BR>1 Rohirrim knight<BR>1 helm's Deep Legolas<BR>1 Éomer<BR>and I think that that's all....<P>Plus, I'm currently in the market for a Prologue elf, a twilight ringwraith, an Elrond, a Sauron, and a Galadriel... I'll probably pick up frodo and Gollum sometime soon too.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahhh, Essex, I saw that too! Only, being only 15 and on a tenner a month (which I have already spent grrr), I walked out empty handed. I am currently in a dilemma. Spoilt brat as I am, I am being offered a choice between a camera as a joint Christmas and birthday pressie, or getting this 'rubbish' (that was my dad saying it, not me!)<BR>I have decided to be very cunning. Muahahaha. I shall ask my other relations to not get awful useless presents (which I only recycle... ), but give me money instead, so I can have the best of both worlds........ahhh, heaven!!!<BR>My dad thought the poseable Legolas was good. Only he didn't even look remotely like Orlando Bloom, so I wasn't interested. The mug with him on was great though. And did you mark those playing cards? Awww those 3" things are so cute! I feel like saving up for a year and buying the whole lot... <BR>It appears they are really selling out. Did you notice that they are selling Sméagol and Gollum as separate characters? Honestly! So that is about eighteen quid for one 12" character! But hey....<BR>I really want to see what Dernhelm will look like. The 12" Treebeard was amazing. I WANT IT!!!!!<BR>I found Aragorn in Woolies, by the way...as well as stationary...and in HMV there are posters....ahhh, spending heaven!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:10 PM   #11
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You guys know about this site?:<A HREF="http://lotrstorybook.com/" TARGET=_blank>LotR Action figure story book</A>
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Old 10-28-2003, 06:24 AM   #12
Essex
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I tell you, a lack of money is the ONLY thing against being 15 again!!!!<P>Does anyone know if they're going to release new merry and pippin toybiz models? (ie with their armour on?)
Old 10-28-2003, 12:25 PM   #13
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Ok, I shall thank my lucky stars at being 15 <BR>Hmm, I expect Merry and Pippin will come out. I mean, it's more money, isn't it?
Old 10-28-2003, 03:05 PM   #14
Scott
Wight

Scott has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Scott
Tolkien

That LotR Storybook page has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.<BR>Another good page is <A HREF="http://www.thegd.com." TARGET=_blank>www.thegd.com.</A> it has snapshots of all of the already released figures and previews of the yet to be released ones. It also gives the scoop on going values for each figure, any variances inherent, and figures that were scrapped before they hit the markest.
Old 10-29-2003, 01:34 PM   #15
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Action figures aren't the only thing to collect, and there are plenty of BDers who don't think it's childish to collect LotR things - check out <A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000315" TARGET=_blank>The Collection Grows</A>, on the Mirth forum...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #16
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

I just got the Super-Poseable Gollum! (Well, my bro bought it for my Christmas pressie...aww sweet!)<BR>Yeah, I looked at that thread...
Old 10-31-2003, 10:29 AM   #17
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sting

Oh and today I got the Legolas and horse set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (From Harrods... ...so it was marked up by a couple of quid, but I couldn't resist.) I now owe my dad quite a lot of money. Oh well....<P>Another bad thing about being 15. I'm grounded til Christmas. So unless I can get out of this, I might not be able to see LOTR. I've given up on Matrix:Revolutions already.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:49 PM   #18
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I have way too many. I guess I should list them:<P>9-Pack Fellowship gift set<P>Helm's Deep Aragorn<P>Gandalf the White TTT (which is more like Gandalf the Cream, or Off-White)<P>Helm's Deep Legolas (NOT the Shield action thing)<P>Gimli with Ring-chopping action<P>Battle Elrond (rare one, and a happy find for me!)<P>Arwen and Wounded Frodo (Rare too, and excellent find...let me know if you're desperate for one, because I can tell you where to get one!)<P>Prologe Elven Warrior<P>Eomer TTT<P>Theoden TTT<P>Rohirrim Soldier TTT<P>Bilbo with Bag-End<P>Faramir<P>Gondorian Ranger<P>Frodo TTT<P>Galadriel TTT<P>TTT Helm's Deep Playset, including Helm's Deep Aragorn, Helm's Deep Legolas, sort-of Helm's Deep Gimli (no cloak!) Theoden in armor, and the exclusive Haldir. <P>Aragorn & Brego RoTK<P>Dernhelm RotK<P>Gandalf the White RotK<P>Quite a collection, eh? I've got some money, but I cringe to think of what kind of money I would have NOW, if I didn't blow more than $200 on this!
Old 11-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #19
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Another good page is <A HREF="http://www.thegd.com." TARGET=_blank>www.thegd.com.</A> it has snapshots of all of the already released figures and previews of the yet to be released ones. It also gives the scoop on going values for each figure, any variances inherent, and figures that were scrapped before they hit the markest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Scott:</B> Can you try to re-link that site? All I get is an error message.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Arwen and Wounded Frodo (Rare too, and excellent find...let me know if you're desperate for one, because I can tell you where to get one!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Knight of Gondor:</B> Ok, where'd you find this one? I've been searching...<p>[ November 13, 2003: Message edited by: Alatįriėl ]
Old 11-14-2003, 11:44 AM   #20
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

I recently bought Eowyn in Armour.<P>I'm going to buy a few more soon.
Old 11-14-2003, 02:42 PM   #21
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dūm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

I only have Merry, Pippin, Grishnakh, Aragorn (Helm's Deep), and an Uruk-Hai "beserker", all from TTT. The worst part is that I'm addicted, the nearest KB Toys has almost nothing (for $8), and my dad is reluctant about starting to let me shop online, even if I say I'll use my own money to pay him back.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
Old 11-14-2003, 05:49 PM   #22
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I got it from KBToys.com, and if you go there, you can still order the Arwen!
Old 11-16-2003, 05:51 AM   #23
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Wow, you guys have so many! I've only recently become interested in action figures, and I spent almost half of my monthly allowance on a ringwraith and horse set. I really want a Boromir, but haven't seen any about. Eowyn is also on my list of priorities. I genrally have to buy online, which is annoying, but I don't live near any decent toy stores. I'd like to go to Toys r us but I very much doubt I'd be able to get a ride, even though it's not too far away. I'm 'too old' for toys, apparrently 16 is never too old!<BR>I also find it hard to find figures that actually look like who they're supposed to be, and don't have odd facial expressions. Which ones do you reccomend?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:17 AM   #24
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

If you find a Boromir, let me know! I'm desperate to get one.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #25
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Let's begin a Boromir hunt. I've seen one that comes with a Lurtz figure, but I don't want one of those. You can get him also in a Fellowship 'multipack', but that costs a lot of money. And he went and got himself killed so he's not in RotK and there are absolutley billions of RotK figres about at the moment. Silly man. <BR>Here's a link to an action figure site: <A HREF="http://store.yahoo.com/cmdstore/lorofrin9fig.html" TARGET=_blank>tada</A>
Old 11-18-2003, 09:40 PM   #26
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I really want a Boromir, but haven't seen any about.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You can get the Boromir-Lurtz pack on KBtoys.com, but if you don't want a Lurtz (which I don't either) then I don't know what to tell you. I got mine via the 9-pack, but I got a lucky summer job! Otherwise, if you dare, you can often find single figures for sale on eBay.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:10 AM   #27
Sharkū
Hungry Ghoul

Sharkū has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If you really need to talk about that, do so in the Collection Grows thread in mirth.
Closed Thread