Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #3121
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
To whom are you directing that question, Elempi?

I wrote Durelin to ask her about Coen's movements, but I haven't heard back from her. I'm unsure what to do if she doesn't write back. I dont want to hold the game up... I think we still have time, but things are beginning to slow down for the evening.

-- Foley
Old 05-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #3122
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Okay, if that ended too smuschy, let me know and I'll change it.
Thank you, Elempi. I love it. That's what I hoped Harreld would do, which is why I didn't write Ginna as having actually left.

And it was brilliant to use my words as Ginna's.

Anyway, so I was hoping that in between our Harreld and Ginna posts we would get to read from other characters. What's going on?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #3123
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Anyway, so I was hoping that in between our Harreld and Ginna posts we would get to read from other characters. What's going on?
I for one have nothing to write. Lommy I think is out of town. Legate probably has little to do. See my post above about Durelin. Nogrod could post, I guess.

Hey, Nogrod you could try writing Durelin. She said she might do a PM constructed post in a previous PM she sent us.

-- Folwren
Old 05-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #3124
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I for one have nothing to write.
-- Folwren
What, there's nothing that Thornden and Saeryn have to say to each other???

Thanks, Lhuna. If felt right, but I wanted to be sure.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #3125
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
What, there's nothing that Thornden and Saeryn have to say to each other???
Exactly what I was thinking. I'd love to see more of the awkwardness.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 AM   #3126
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have thought of no good way to have them meet. Thornden isn't going to get up and follow Saeryn into the kitchen!

At least, I don't have any plans for him to do so at this point. It may be that when I am finished writing my two last papers for school, I'll feel a little differently about it. But not necessarily.

-- Folwren
Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #3127
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
It may be that when I am finished writing my two last papers for school, I'll feel a little differently about it. But not necessarily.
Excuses, excuses.

Quote:
I have thought of no good way to have them meet. Thornden isn't going to get up and follow Saeryn into the kitchen!
So come up with a BAD way to have them meet.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #3128
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
So come up with a BAD way to have them meet.
Okay, okay. Sheesh. But still after I finish these two papers.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #3129
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, a post is up. I started it yesterday morning, and only just now finished it, so it's a little disjointed and doesn't flow as well as I liked. Anyway, they didn't meet in a very good way, Elempi....and I had Saeryn act from her emotions as you suggested the other night. I feel really bad for Thornden.

-- Foley
Old 05-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #3130
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Poor Thornden, indeed! That's twice he got a "none of your business" within the span of maybe an hour.

Quote:
“You’re not Eodwine!” Saeryn said. “And you will never take his place!”
I love this line.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #3131
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Poor Thornden, indeed! That's twice he got a "none of your business" within the span of maybe an hour.
Great post, Foley! That line has got to make him think and wonder.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #3132
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Great post, Foley! That line has got to make him think and wonder.
Yes...it probably will. As well as her whole change of behavior. It is so opposite o what it was before she talked to Ginna.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #3133
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Great posts, everyone. I really like how deep all these characters have become, and even kind of accidentally.

This is to say, I have finally caught up after weeks of guests, laziness and schoolwork and I will try to post today (or tomorrow). I just need to see what my characters are up to and how they are feeling, I think poor Wulfric will soon be contemplating hanging himself or something... I think he's not used to disappointments and now he's getting them all the time.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #3134
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What new disappointment has there been?

-- Foley
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #3135
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
What new disappointment has there been?
Wulfric can make a disappointment out of anything, you'll see...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #3136
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I posted the short meeting of Coen and Athanar which we have written together Foley and I.

Super-post Foley, the one just before our co-post!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #3137
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Nogrod.

Legate, I had Coenred approach Hilderinc and then stopped the post there so that you can post something, too, if you so desire.

-- Foley
Old 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #3138
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Brrrrr! This is ominous. And I knew it was coming, too!

Question: Does Eodwine know Saeryn's pregnant? Does anybody at Minas Tirith?
Old 05-18-2011, 04:18 PM   #3139
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Legate, I had Coenred approach Hilderinc and then stopped the post there so that you can post something, too, if you so desire.
Good, I'll take a look at it, and nice to see that people are posting... I don't have time right now to post, but hopefully I will post by this time tomorrow, or several hours from then...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #3140
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Yes, Eodwine knows. She was, I think, two months along when he fell ill...? She pretty much conceived right after marriage, I think.

-- Foley
Old 05-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #3141
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Yes, Eodwine knows. She was, I think, two months along when he fell ill...? She pretty much conceived right after marriage, I think.

-- Foley
You THINK?

(Thanks)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #3142
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, don't try twisting my words. I KNOW it was after marraige, I just don't know how soon afterwards.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #3143
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Hey, don't try twisting my words. I KNOW it was after marriage, I just don't know how soon afterwards.
Whoa! Slow down! You misunderstood. Of COURSE Saeryn THINKS she was 2 months along. She doesn't have a scope to her belly to determine exactly when conception happened.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:11 PM   #3144
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I wanted to write Wulfric angst, but then I read Nogrod's post and wanted to have Wilheard overhear stuff, so I ended up writing something else. I hope you like my manly soldier talk. I used Osmund, one of Eodwine's soldiers, he was mentioned at least in Nogrod's ooold posts when Stigend and a few soldiers were fetching wood for the Scarburg Meadhall. Maybe somebody should also make a list of these old soldier NPCs? Anyway (to speak like Osmund ) I wanted to say that I'm going away for the weekend and I just wrote a novel, so Wulfric (and Modtryth and Cnebba) will have to wait until I come back. But I like the recent plot developments in this RPG...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #3145
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh dear! Athanar and Coen were overheard? Not a good thing. That was quite a humorous post, though, Lommy. It made me laught.

-- Foley
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #3146
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Apparently this little discussion between Athanar and Coen did not turn out quite so private as we first supposed...
Old 05-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #3147
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Apparently this little discussion between Athanar and Coen did not turn out quite so private as we first supposed...
Sorry. Believe it or not, I thought of Falco overhearing before I read Lommy's post. I asked myself the question, which character has something that could be written right now, and about what? Eodwine? No. Harreld? Not right now. Falco? Ooh, they've forgotten he's right there, or if they didn't, they haven't reckoned with Hobbits' keen ears and ability to not be seen when they don't want to be. The latter is, of course, not quite what's going on because Falco hasn't moved, but hey.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #3148
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Which is funny, because in the post with Athanar and Thornden, Nogrod notes that Athanar makes certain Falco isn't listening...or can't hear...I forget the exact words.

Does Falco really not like Thornden? I really wasn't sure quite where they stood on a friendship, but apparently it's worse off than I imagined.

-- Foley
Old 05-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #3149
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Big Folk don't know how well Hobbits can hear.
Quote:
Does Falco really not like Thornden? I really wasn't sure quite where they stood on a friendship, but apparently it's worse off than I imagined.
Not really.
Quote:
...did not think over-well...
... does not mean he dislikes him; rather, it means he does not think as well of him as he might. Lotsa room for maneuvering.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #3150
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hi bunnies,

as some of you might have seen on FB, Nog is currently in hospital recovering from surgery (don't ask what it is, I have no idea what it is called in English but although it's painful it's not dangerous so don't worry) so that's why he hasn't been around for a few days and might still be away for some more. So if we're on a hurry to go on, we can leave him out of our calculations and let him catch up later.

As for meself, I shall post today at least for Wulfric, maybe for the others too.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #3151
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Whoa. I guess that's one way to put it, Lhuna. Funny, Harreld never did quite come out and say it the way Ginna did, but he might as well have, eh?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #3152
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So. I went through a nasty operation and after two weeks in hospital I am back home again. Nothing serious any more I think. It was just that the operation didn't went so well they first thought it would go and thus I had to undergo another one...

I'll be coming back to this during the weekend.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #3153
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Heh, I just saw Lommy's explanation of my situation...

According to my dictionary I had a hernia. I had had it already a year but it just got real nasty one morning two weeks ago. After having a few classes at school it started to be that bad I thought it better to go to hospital. It turned out (at the operation) that one of the minor arterials in my stomach had been damaged and there were two litres of blood in there running free denying the surgeons from an easy operation... therefore they had to cut my stomach full open - and that takes time to recover from. But as I said, nothing more serious than that. It will just take time. But I should be able to use my computer while recovering...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #3154
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Nogrod, I am very glad to hear that you are back. Too bad the surgeons had to re-operate, but hopefully now you will recover fully. We'll be looking forward to your getting back in the game...especially me and that PM...

Lommy, no wonder you couldn't figure out how to quite describ a hernia in English. lol.

-- Foley
Old 06-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #3155
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, Nogrod - perhaps your signature should be, "Well, I'm back," he said.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM   #3156
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Rest a lot and heal up, Noggie!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #3157
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Hey, Nogrod - perhaps your signature should be, "Well, I'm back," he said.
Couldn't resist it...
Old 06-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #3158
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have now posted a PM-post long overdue by me & Foley.

Foley: feel free to either post or to PM me with how that should continue.

Haha Lommy: Nice!
Old 06-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #3159
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Woo hoo! Great stuff, you two! Let the conflict proceed with all the subtlety and one-up-manship Athanar and Thornden can bring to bear!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #3160
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Legate - please tell me if you'd like me to change anything.

As a sidenote, I really like my two noble brats. They might be horrible sometimes, but I like them.

ps. I hope Athanar is not going to be too lenient with Thornden.