The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-28-2003, 06:10 AM   #1
Linnamalle
Haunting Spirit

Linnamalle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Another Figwit?

It has been noted that Figwit had speaking lines this time around; he was the elf in Arwen's train that told her "We cannot delay." All well and good.<P>Now, most of us are happy that Narsil has been reforged at last. But did anybody notice the elven blacksmith who was reforging the Shards of Narsil?<P>Comes down to either: "Anduril Is Great- Look At the Smith!" Which would be Aiglas-- reminiscent of Aiglos, the spear of Gil-Galad; can anybody think of a way to put an "O" for the second to last letter instead...?<BR>Or:<BR>"Anduril is great-- Oh! Look At the Smith!" ... Aigolas.<P>Hey, PJ, How 'bout some lines for that elvish blacksmith in the EE? Lol!
They spoke no more of the small news of the Shire far away; nor of the dark shadows and perils that encompassed them, but of the fair things they had seen in the world together, of the Elves, of the stars, of trees, and the gentle fall of the bright year in the woods.
Linnamalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:10 AM   #2
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Oh dear... I sincerely hope we don't start another Figwit-type cult. One is quite enough.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:16 PM   #3
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

lol. I enjoyed the Figwit cult. and yes, i did wish i could get a better look at the smith! Aigolas it is!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:21 PM   #4
Silmiel of Imladris
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmiel of Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Silmiel of Imladris
Sting

I remember when that picture was first released on Council of Elrond we were trying to figure out if the smith was truely Figwit and we decided he was not but someone still said, "It doesn't matter if it isn't Figwit for those are still two very tastey looking cupcakes." I would have to agree.

Figwit on his name: Are you suggesting that I have the wit of a fig?
Silmiel of Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #5
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Just out of curiosity... what's the Figwit cult? I know who Figwit is, but there's a cult? That's disturbing. Is it something like the Disco Competition where it's rather widespread and I just don't know?<P>Fea
Old 12-29-2003, 03:24 AM   #6
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Fea, just for fun, I tried searching for Figwit - Google gave me over 4,000 results! Check them out for more information if you're interested...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote