The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Silmaril Top Ten Signs You're Addicted to the Barrow-Downs

I do have a life, guys, I do, I promise! Nevertheless, my hall-mates have come to suspect that if I was dragged off from the Barrow-Downs for more than 48 hours, severe twitching, psychosis, and other unpleasant symptoms of addiction should occur (I fear they will try to test their hypothesis after break).

Here I have complied my very own ten signs that signify a dangerous addiction, and are likely to ensure a stay at the Betty Ford center. Enjoy, and post your own.

10. You have written enough private messages to various illustrious members of the forum to compile a not-so-short novel.

9. A naughty pastime of yours is the Freudian interprepations of message icons, shared with other members.

8. You say "screw it" to searching for sources for your latest paper, and begin searching for a cool new avatar instead.

7. You turn down a second date with a punnery "expert," because his skills do not quite match those of Rimbaud.

6. "Green is good," you say to yourself during those dim moments before waking and sleeping, and think of the Barrow-Wight.

5. You actually spend a sizeable portion of your bus ride to class wondering what Mithadan looks like.

4. You have a history of broken off betrothals to at least one famous site member (there could be more, but your memory is sometimes, *er*, lacking).

3. You no longer fear burra (sorry, burra)...Well, you respect burra.

2. You feel compelled to blow the money you usually reserve for alcohol on a bunch of more obscure Tolkien works, because you're tired of being put to shame by the likes of Sharkey and oblo. And, because, frankly, Tolkien is almost a family member by now.

And, the number one sign you're addicted to the Barrow-Downs:

1. Before the shower, before checking the weather, before the obligatory screaming across the hall at the neighbours to turn their %$#@ing country music down, the first thing you do in the morning is sign in and check whatever pearls of wisdom and humour were posted over the night.