The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
Eye So, who's throwing a party?

This is it! RotK is on the way! I want to know who's having a LotR "movie party" in December, and what it's going to be like. Costumes? Games? Poetry, perhaps? My LotR friends are coming from New Jersey to Virginia, and we're looking to have a great costume-wearin' movie-goin' Elf-talkin' event! Planning such things helps us survive the wait, ya know! So, what are YOU doing?

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Kates Frodo Temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Denethor and I are celebrating together. Not a proper party, just sitting around and talking about the film. And maybe getting drunk and setting fire to ourselves for a laugh.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #3
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

Sounds like fun! How come you keep going on about fire, though, Meela? I keep hearing your name in conection with Denethor and/or fire!

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 11-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #4
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Of course! I'm a Denethor addict, he's a pyro, I'm a pyro! We love fire!
Old 11-06-2003, 06:15 PM   #5
Olorin_TLA
Shade of Carn Dūm

Olorin_TLA has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And I will be taking Faramir far away from the insidiousness of PJ and the...heat of Meela and Den...

ELENDIL! - Join "Forth Tolkiengas!"
Olorin_TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Haha! I and my friend are all planning to dress up as the cast of Lord of the Rings for ROTK (We're going on Dec. 18th since we have midterms that week, and they end on the 18th). Of course, if I have very easy exams on that Thursday, then my parents just might let me and my brother dress up and go on the 17th to see the movie.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:41 PM   #7
lotrgirl05

Sting

Greetings all! I'm new here...but since I can't go to Trilogy Tuesday in Tulsa...(which is quite far already), I think I'm going to have a party with my obsessive friends, costumes and all...then we chill at my hobbit hole, watch both EE's, and the its off the the MALL, of course, we'll see RotK first, but then, I think we'll impulsively walk aroud the mall and see how many people recognize us...fun fun...anyone have good costume patterns? well, laters!
Old 11-07-2003, 10:46 AM   #8
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

KANGA LINE! dudududududu....<BR>I'm hosting a very festive party on the 17th...we go to the primier and party all night. No costumes though, that would be uncomfortable, so we're going as Men of the future. I don't know how entirely LOTR based, the after party will be, but it will be made up of all my favourite LOTR loving friends. I tried to invite one friend in particular(ahem,*shuffles feet*) but he's going to bloody Victoria to see it on a bigger screen and therefor will be bloody far away, too far to attend my party. Sigh, I'll-I mean we'll sure miss him.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 11:26 AM   #9
Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Elentįri_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No party, I'm busy all December. And I'm the only freak around anyway. Oh well...
Old 11-07-2003, 01:46 PM   #10
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dūm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

If I were to even mention a Lord of the Rings party to my friends I would be ridiculed. They just don't understand my obsession, so I keep it under wraps. I guess I will be celebrating all alone, except for my imaginary friends, Ted and Mike. I'm such a loner when it comes to LotR. I bet I'll even endup going to see it on my own. Oh, woe is me...
Old 11-07-2003, 02:44 PM   #11
kittygirl02
Haunting Spirit

kittygirl02 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittygirl02
Sting

I'll come to your party, if you have an imaginary friend named Rachael,or make one.<BR>but, yeah, it's pretty pathetic about people not understand about that too.<BR>I wouldn't have anyone come to my party either.

I may be different, but differences don't make you special.It's what you do with your differences that make you special.
kittygirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #12
Lindir
Haunting Spirit

Lindir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I want to invite some friends over, go to IMAX..see it on the BIG SCREEN. Besides,I'll see a HUGE Legolas.Awesome..oh,man I'm drueling already.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!Or he will not slay thee in thy turn.He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.
Lindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #13
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Considering I was lucky enough to get tickets for trilogy Tuesday (Murphy was a good boy and didn't interfere either money wise or sale-of-tickets wise) I'd consider that party enough.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:36 PM   #14
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I'm the leader of the Edinburg, TX Line Party (at the Carmike Theater) at theonering.net so people, if you're interested and live anywhere near Edinburg, PLEASE join! I just gave the current members the boot because they haven't talked to me, or given me any reason to believe that they're alive, for the past couple of months. I really need a few members!<P>I was planning on arranging for a collective Line Party get-together to see RotK on Dec. 18th (because that's when midterms let out for me) so if anyone knows anyone, or anyone wants to go, please email me or sign up!<p>[ November 11, 2003: Message edited by: Finwe ]
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fėanor, and there he slew Finwė King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwė alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:37 AM   #15
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Like Finwe, I am the administrator for the Chicago Line Party. We are having a big all-day event in Chicago that will have costumes, prizes, games...etc. It should be a lot of fun! To learn more about us you can check out our website: <A HREF="http://www.elvishinspirations.com/lineparty" TARGET=_blank>http://www.elvishinspirations.com/lineparty</A> <P>I, myself, am actually going to be in Toronto for The Gathering of the Fellowship... that's a HUGE event! You can read about it here: <A HREF="http://www.tolkiengathering.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tolkiengathering.com</A> <BR>Luckily, I have some really wonderful Line Party members to be the masters of ceremonies on the 16th in Chicago
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #16
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

We have four LOTR-liking friends coming over for our own trilogy day. Mostly it involves running the first two movies, having a great deal of hobbit-type food (ample, in other words), and then going to catch ROTK.<P>The only catch is that with their academic schedules we won't be able to do this until two days after it opens. Aargh! How will I stand it? (The group thing should make up for it though).
Old 11-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #17
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

I feel your pain, Kalimac. Due to my academic schedule and the schedules of my friends, we probably won't be able to go as a group to see it until a day after it comes out. Hopefully, though, my parents will be understanding, and let me go see it on the 17th even though I have midterms the next day. I'm just praying that I have two easy ones, that way I won't have to study for them.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #18
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Eye

I'm dying to go on the 17th, but nobody will go with me, and I don't have a car! AAARGH!!! Can you imagine? Oh, well. It's not like I'd be able to find tickets anyway.<P>Hey, does anyone know if there's gonna be a midnight showing in Richmond, Virginia? That would be so cool!<P>Kate's

Sign my lighter, Meela?
Old 11-13-2003, 04:06 PM   #19
Enorėiel
Wight

Enorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I Finally got someone to agree to go with me to the midnight showing on the 16th! Thank you! I'm defintly going to dress up (convincing my friend to also) and will (hopefully) be going to the Salt Lake City Line Party. *fingers crossed*

Whoever said "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.
Enorėiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #20
Lindir
Haunting Spirit

Lindir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The problem is that this IMAX is like 5 hrs away,and the movie starts at 9, I won't get home until...5:00? I dunno. As a die-hard LOTR fan once said, "There's not too high a price to pay for LOTR."
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!Or he will not slay thee in thy turn.He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.
Lindir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 05:59 PM   #21
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

Maybe I could throw one.<BR>(I'm kittygirl02 as shown below)<BR>*Shrugs shoulders*<BR>That would be fun, not sure anyone would go though.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #22
kittiegirl
Haunting Spirit

kittiegirl has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiegirl
Sting

All my LOTR freak friends live elsewhere.<BR>Party's probably not going to happen.
kittiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #23
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

A friend of mine is throwing a TTT EE party later this month, we'll have a pizza making contest (he's rather competitive...) and then watch the movie. He's making plans for the same group to go to see RotK together, but so far I don't know about doing anything besides meeting up at the theatre. I seriously doubt any of us will be costumed.