The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2004, 02:55 AM   #121
Grimkû the Blood-Axe
Animated Skeleton

Grimkû the Blood-Axe has just left Hobbiton.
Question

well mad by name and by nature it seems Mr. Baggins.

Sure he may be the ugliest character by a mile but Gothmog holds his place in one of the top rungs of players. Not saying he has the importance of a Baggins, Samwise or Aragorn but still in the RotK he is second in command only behind the Witch King of course of Saurons Armies. Anyway you must be wondering why I am saying all of this, well to be honest, I was kind of wondering what the hell is with your avatar.

Cheers buddy.

All the best,

GtBA
Old 05-31-2004, 03:23 AM   #122
thalionkrisiel

Hmmm..I really had to think about this one, because I don't really think that I am much like any one person in ME, more like a conglomerate..but if I really had to choose I'd say Aragorn..because he feels as if he is not worthy to be King of Gondor. I often suffer from an inferiority complex !! so I can relate to that.

But if I had to choose someone to get drunk with, it'd be Merry and Pippin hands down
Old 05-31-2004, 09:37 AM   #123
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think i'm sort of a Frodo person. all the personality tests i take, i come up as Frodo usually, but there's also the odd "You're most like Legolas" or "You are most like Sam", but mostly Frodo. i think it's because i know what has to be done, and if no one else will, i'll do it. and i'm sort of a loner. people are ok, but sometimes, enough is enough!

cheers!

Elrond's (other) daughter
Old 05-31-2004, 09:41 AM   #124
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand I think........

id like to say im gandalf or sam....someone good and decent.....however......i believe im more of a saruman .......i can talk people into almost anything and i usually only care about myself.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:04 PM   #125
Lalaithnil

1420!

Pippin because he is kind of an idiot at times, but is brave when needs be. I am an idiot most of the time, but I know what I need to do when I need to do it.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #126
Ebonymist

Hm. On one LOTR persoality test, I came off as Gil-Galad. Can't imagine why, though, our personalities are really quite different. But if you're asking my opinion, I can think of about two characters that I can connect myself with right off the bat.

The first is Éowyn. I always loved her ever since I first 'met' her in the books, because we're both strong-willed, female, and not about to let people walk all over us. Nor are we willing to let other people fight our battles, or stay behind and wait while something we care for is being threatened. I've adored women warriors for a long time- a lit of my characters, either in my writing or roleplays, are of that category.

The second character, ironically, is her nemesis- the Witch-King of Angmar. I freely admit I have a vicious streak, which often pops up when people annoy me in some way, shape or form- which has been happening quite frequently of late. I have very dark thoughts, and have been known to fantasize about grinding those around me into a pulp. There's also a note of tragedy that hangs around the ringwraiths, for what they once were.
Am I being depressing?
Blah.

Plus there's my equally morbid fascination with things what are evil, as it were... one might even call it a love.

Last edited by Ebonymist; 06-09-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #127
Carnimírië
Wight

Carnimírië has just left Hobbiton.
He's not exactly a LotR character, more of a Silmarillion character, but I identify most with Fëanor. Heh heh, yes I over-react to things a lot, I'm kind of violent sometimes , and I tend to get obsessed with things. Most personality tests say I'm most like Gimli, but I don't think so.

Sister of The Elf Warrior
Carnimírië is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 01:38 PM   #128
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Silmaril

I would have to be Merry or Pippin. Most likely Merry. I have lots of energy, I`m hyper avtive, adventurous, would be considered very odd, and I`m cute! (just kidding) I`m kind of simple minded, so in that area, I would definately be Pippin.
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:30 AM   #129
Elven Hunter
Animated Skeleton

Elven Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Maybe I would be Faramir. I'm a risktaker and I would do anything to prove myself to others. I'm really quiet and down to earth but people see me differently. Just like Saraphim, I too would protect my loved ones at all costs.
Elven Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 08:25 AM   #130
Umwë
Animated Skeleton

Umwë has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Umwë
Pipe

Well, BD's test says I am most like Sam or Frodo, I would say more like Frodo, cause I don't think I am that brave hehe!
But yet I see myself more as Faramir, just as you Elven Hunter, I want to prove myself to others.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:44 PM   #131
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
I know you're not supposed to pick two but I would have to say a mixture of Pip and Sam. I love Pip's sense of humor and carefree persona and his sort of imaturity describes me to a T. But I absolutely love Sam. He is such a well written character. The type of friend I would love to have or be to someone and his loyalty is so emotionally moving. They are both wonderful.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:56 PM   #132
headlessmonk

Pipe

I'm gonna hafta agree w/ lord of the frogs when I say that I've gotta b most like Merry. I don't know WHERE Frodo came up (that's wut some ppl say) but my best friend and I r just like Merry and Pippin. 'cept she's the 1 that always acts high. Pipppin! lol
Old 07-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #133
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

According to the Barrow-Downs Personality Quiz, I am most like Gandalf, but I am also much like Legolas and Aragorn. On most other quizzes, they say I'm like Legolas. I deny all association, though. I would say I am most like book Arwen. I am a rather hopeless romantic that claims she would give up a lot for love - not all, mind you, but a lot. Also, I don't mind staying out of things. My friend is more like Eowyn, insisting that she always be involved in all of the things that the boys do, but I'm content doing what I can.

Yes, so to sum up, of the characters present in The Lord of the Rings, I identify most with Arwen.

I identify with Nessa a bit, I suppose. I don't really identify with any other Tolkien character, but Nessa's my favorite Vala.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:25 PM   #134
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

Well, the personality tests always say Pippin, but I identify more with Feanor. I'm impulsive, stubborn, artsy (you have to see some of the stuff I'm planning at the moment), I've never known one of my parents, have the most uirritating half-brother who, I admit, have drawn sword on. *pouts* He's such a prat...and it was so close! I intend to be a smith.

Did I mention stubborn? Have you ever had staring matches with your parents? We've gone half an hour without blinking before. *stares at mother* I will not lose!
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #135
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
well the personality tests says that i'm Aragorn, Frodo or Sam but i take myself more like Finrod Feleagund, i lend a helping hand to a friend, never go back on a promise and i'm not selfish, i would glady sacrifice my for a better purpose
Old 07-24-2004, 05:21 PM   #136
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
White Tree

I have this annoying problem with loyalty.

I have too much of it.

Every friend I have ever had I am still loyal to, even if we're deadly enemies now, I would still stand up fpr them for the simple fact that we were friends once.
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:42 PM   #137
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
well the personality tests says that i'm Aragorn, Frodo or Sam
makes sense. most of the personality tests are based off the movies...
Old 07-24-2004, 07:53 PM   #138
Gil-Galad

we should try and make a Silmarillion Personality test! it would be pretty interesting...
Old 07-25-2004, 12:58 AM   #139
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Eowyn. I'm in some sort of a cage. And I'm confused.

It's amazing that this was what Meela said in this thread more than a year ago, when I was but a Downs newbie...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:08 AM   #140
Rowan16

Silmaril

I think im a combo of galadriel and arwen coz wen i took the personality test they said galadriel but i think im more arwen coz i look like her and coz i love viggo also coz i love elves
Old 07-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #141
Gil-Galad

i like Gil-Galad but i didn't say i was mostly like him? lets say your shy, then picture yourself as a character that is shy...its with your personality
Old 07-25-2004, 07:28 PM   #142
Lady Gamgee
Animated Skeleton

Lady Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I took the personality test & it says I'm most like Gandalf, but also my personality is alot like Legolas & Samwise. I would definitely have to say Sam. Like Sam, I have a very simple outlook on life, but I know if my courage & strength of heart was desperately needed, I would use it, full force. I like to think of Sam as my alter ego. I couldn't think of any other character I'd rather be like Except Merry or Pippin, those 2 always having a blast.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #143
Isowen
Haunting Spirit

Isowen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Gollum! I'm very secretive and my rooms kind of dark, like Gollum's cave but not as wet. I am very determined too, as Gollum is. Have you ever tried a lotr personality test? You answer loads of questions and it tells you who you are most like from lotr. There are lots of them- so i would just type "lotr personality test" into a search engine and try one if you want to have a go!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:28 PM   #144
Gil-Galad

Ebonymist, which personality test did yo utake? can you show me plz?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:07 PM   #145
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I tested as Frodo (again) with a nod to Sam and Gandalf.

quiz
Old 08-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #146
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

It said I was Samwise, also close to Frodo and Gandalf. But I took this other test and it said I was most like Galadriel.

"Like many elves, Galadriel has a rich inner life and a level of mystery. Although elves say both yes and no when sought for counsel, their insight is valuable. She has exceptional empathic abilities.

You are likely to be quiet, and gentle, enjoying helping other people grow and realize their potential. Others may view you as mystical. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.
Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic. "

Yup thats me to a tee! (insert evil smiley here)

Heres the Test!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:09 PM   #147
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
ROFL!!!!
Quote:
Frodo Baggins, Son of Drogo

With many acquaitenances, Frodo is deeply attached to a few people, like Bilbo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Sam. His high ethics come out in his treatment of Gollum and Saruman. Frodo has pity on Gollum and believes that change can occur.
You have a strong personal morality. You are committed to relationships and their growth. You tend to be an idealist, believing the best of the world around you. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.
Oh, yeah. That's me.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:21 PM   #148
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Aragorn (Stryder) Son of Arathorn

Aragorn's decisions often seem against conventional wisdom, but he knows what to do and why it must be done, regardless of the cost.
You are good at making contingency plans and come up wiith efficient means to acheive clear-cut ends. You are highly independent, and continue on with your plans even in the face of data that might suggest to others that it's no longer feasible. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.

Well what doi you know that is mostly me but I rst before finishing my work I'm la-a-a-a-zy!
Old 08-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #149
Gil-Galad

The Dwarves

As the halls of Moria show, Dwarves like building and inventing.
Curiosity is one of your strong points as it allows you to think of better ways to acheive goals. You may try to outwit the system of you get bored or annoyed with it. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:04 AM   #150
Gothbogg the Ripper
Wight

Gothbogg the Ripper has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye What character do you think you're most like?

Okay, question time folks.
If you had to pick any character out of LOTR that you felt were most like, who would it be(personality test excluding) ?
I myself aren't sure, I sometimes think I'm most like the Mouth of Sauron due to my great insults (and bad fashion sense), but what about you lot?

Last edited by Gothbogg the Ripper; 09-15-2004 at 05:30 AM.
Gothbogg the Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:25 AM   #151
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420! Represent.

the barrowdowns does have a personality test. I came up most like Boromir, and close to Sam. So it is Boromir since he is most like myself. But if I were not going by the personality test and just thinking, it might be Elrond (except not as grumpy).
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:11 AM   #152
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

The personality test always tells me I'm Legolas, and similar to Aragorn.
I'm tempted to say I'm more like Elrond, simply because we're both grumpy.

It's hard to pick just one or two characters; I have different points in common with a lot of them. I could say I'm a lot like Eowyn, I'm somewhat like Faramir, a little bit like Finduilas, and I aspire to be like Imrahil. With a bit of Pippin thrown in.
I don't feel like I have anything in common with the Elves, apart from a tendency to like forests, or any other prominent characters such as Aragorn, Gandalf, Frodo, or Theoden.

I s'pose a better question is, since I can't decide: which character does everyone else think I'm most like?

Last edited by Meela; 09-15-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Meela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #153
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Which LotR character reminds you most of yourself - and why?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #154
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks for that link, Saucepan Man - I'll merge this thread with the existing one to avoid the confusion of duplicates. Please continue posting there.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 01:26 AM   #155
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
If the sil's included, I would have picked Feanor.... But since it's LOTR, I guess Boromir would do....
Here's why:

We both have that annoying high pride
We both have younger bros & dads who think we're better off than those bros
the personality test says I'm like Boromir
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #156
Gil-Galad

I'm not if i posted this here already but... i'm more like Finrod felagund, were both rather huge guys who seem more wiser then muscle-bound, we always help out a friend and know when sacrifices should be needed (i.e. to save berens life)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:40 AM   #157
rutslegolas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

rutslegolas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to rutslegolas Send a message via Yahoo to rutslegolas
Sting

Well I did a personality check and I come out as Legolas ( YESSS!! ) and similar to Aragorn.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:07 PM   #158
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Aragorn. Leader, fearless, & not about to stand down to anyone without reason .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:20 PM   #159
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hmm... perchance Galadriel? Strong-willed, somewhat enigmatic, essentially good but sometimes misunderstood.

And oh yes, blonde, with a tendency to go "radioactive" from time to time when my temper flares (who was it who described her as radioactive? was it SpM? H-I?) And loved by Dwarves everywhere.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #160
turgon
Haunting Spirit

turgon has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I took the test three times and came up with three different answers.It was pretty cool though. Anyhoo with a wild guess from my somewhat fallible mind; I would have to say Turin turambar or Fingolfin. Or dare I say melkor even . In truth I would have fashioned middle-earth after my whim and allow no other to oppose me.
turgon is offline   Reply With Quote