The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #161
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So I'm thinking of making Legate captain... and Rune's votes bother me... Why again do you really super excitedly want to be captain? I apologize if you've answered this already but... I still haven't got it.

Edit: x-ed with Roa and Nerwen... and bolding
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #162
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Roa for Captain

Not like we can't vote her out later if necessary, and she's obviously both active and thorough.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #163
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Rune, Valier, Loslote, and Boro seem to have a thing going on.
a thing? Not sure I get it. because we have voted the same?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #164
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have to dodge out for a bit. I'll be back on in an hour or so.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #165
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
a thing? Not sure I get it. because we have voted the same?
Especially you and Rune, because you voted each other into positions of power, and yes, because you all voted the same.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #166
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think me and Rune voted each other is we have a mutual respect for one another and have not played a game together in a long time and don't want to see the other die....yet. (well that's kinda my reasoning) but my votes are my own and not influenced by others votes.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #167
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Rune, Valier, Loslote, and Boro seem to have a thing going on.
Are you referring to the voting?

EDIT:X'd with some Valiers and Roas.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #168
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

++Roa for NG

Because I think we will need her reasoning and analyzing tomorrow and I don't want to see her killed over the night. (though killing her would be silly as a wolf as of yet) but you never know
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #169
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Captaincy:
Boro -> Rune
Sally -> Legate
Greenie -> Legate
Nerwen -> Roa
Valier -> Rune
Loslote -> Rune
Roa -> Legate (3)
Rune-> Rune(4)
Fea-> Roa (2)

NG:
Boro -> Inzil
Sally -> Valier
Inzil -> Boro
Roa -> Brinn
Nerwen -> Kath
Loslote -> Boro (2)
Rune -> Valier (2)
Valier-> Roa

Lynch:
Rune-> Legate
Roa-> Rune
Nerwen-> Boro

Votes that are locked in are italicized.

I'm going to need to vote in the next like 15 mins...

Rune? Are you around?

Last edited by Nienna; 09-22-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed miscount.
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #170
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Guard Nienna

++Lynch Hakon
Old 09-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #171
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry, I changed that...

I don't think Rune and Boro are wolves. They're acting slightly suspicious, and in my mind, that doesn't equate to wolf. I would think a wolf, especially on the first day, would act either flamboyantly wolfish to make people think they weren't, or so not wolfish that no one would consider them as a candidate. Neither of them fit those categories.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #172
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
++ Captain Rune

Because it's hard for me to conceive that a wolf would be that obvious.

x/d with Loslote, Nienna, and Fea
Old 09-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #173
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
++ Captain Rune

Because it's hard for me to conceive that a wolf would be that obvious.

x/d with Loslote
Maybe that's what he is hoping for... What I can't understand is why he is being so vehement.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #174
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

AND just because you don't think he is wolf doesn't mean that he will make a good captain. Bah.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #175
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Maybe that's what he is hoping for... What I can't understand is why he is being so vehement.
I do find his zealousness strange. Then again, I've never played with him before and it's been said that's just how he is.
He may not be a good Captain, of course. We've no guarantee whoever we choose will be.

x'd with Nienna again
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #176
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm finally here! This has been an incredibly busy day: lecture, making research for essay, work and even now I should be writing the essay instead of playing, but I'll do my best to share my time smartly between the two.

I want to vote as the Captain someone whose judgement I trust. Of the current candidates, it could be Roa or Legate, but not Rune because I disagree with him generally more than with the others and I've seen him being wrong more times than the other two. I haven't decided which one to vote, because a vote for Legate would feel sort of safer, but then again, the village could benefit more of Roa's sometimes drastic moves. Anyway, I will try to be active in thinking of electing a new Captain because obviously one person shouldn't have a lot of power for a long time. (In fact, I'm wondering if we should elect a new Captain every Day.) And as a last note, if others would agree with me about making Lady Valier of Incredible Hunches as the Captain, I'd be happy to start a bandwagon... (unless she said she doesn't want to be the Cap...?)

As for NG votes, it does make sense to vote for someone who you don't want to see dead after Night2, but at least I will also consider who would benefit from being able to PM with someone else during the Night and who could be able to use the PMing to the village's advantage, or who should be under some surveillance during the Night too.

Lastly, lynch votes. I don't have much idea, but I was thinking of taking the list of players in front of me and writing what I think about all of them...

edit: xed with two Zils and two Niennas
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #177
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Rune

If nothing else I'm uneasy with someone who's that happy to take power. I think it's possible he's not just a really bold wolf, but either way he squicks me out.

(I'd also be happy with any of the people from my list earlier. Aka Hakon and maybe Fea, though I was mostly kidding about her. Also, Boro's a bit odd but I'm not sure it's a wolfish odd so I'm not going to support a lynch for him toDay.)

Sorry, must dash for a bit. Hopefully more discussion time later.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #178
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nienna: your vote count has a flaw. Valier didn't vote Roa for Captaincy but for to be a Night-guard.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #179
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eek! Sorry. *is fixed*
Old 09-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #180
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Rune is perhaps acting strangely, but I don't think it would be wolfish. I think he acts like that more if he is in a kind of "freelance" attitude, which would suit him more if he was innocent.

But there's no rule against voting oneself for Captain? (Or anything else, for that matter?)

Oh, and Fea - if you are around, or later - could you give any reasons for your votes? (Especially the lynch one.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #181
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As he is being the most suspicious of everyone:

++ Rune

I do not want Rune to be captain... I think today is the most important time for wolves who want to be captain as we have to vote one in that he can be playing very bold in hopes that people would think a wolf wouldn't be so bold.

++Captain Legate

He is seeming innocent for me and making some good points and I really don't want Rune as captain.

++NG Roa

I'd like to keep her around for a while. She's making good posts and analysis and her being able to talk to someone else might be good.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #182
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Okey dokes, so I've been running through the thread doing my usual list/analysis etc. Odd for Day 1 I know but with the role stuff it feels like there has been more 'use' toDay than usual so there you go. Anyway I've only got to the top of page 3 so far.

Roa – good idea about limiting the captain pool. No point voting someone in that you think would be good if that person then can’t do it. Happy to be captain. Suspects Rune a little for being too eager. If Rune is being truthful about having been drinking before posting then it would certainly explain that! Questioning Boro about being suspicious of Fea. Says she’ll vote for someone who hasn’t turned up yet for Captain because if they’re evil they won’t do much damage. Odd reasoning. No reason that they won’t turn up later, be evil and mess the village about. Then says maybe she’d vote them for the NGs, I’d think that was more sensible. Top suspect is Boro.

Boro – playing. Likes Rune’s behaviour and would vote him captain. Seems suspicious of Fea because she picked on him for her retracting. Still playing. Has reacted strongly to what’s gone on with Fea. Has given his reasoning. I actually entirely disagree with him as if I was randomly voted for in that way on Day 1 in order that someone rid themselves of retractables I wouldn’t think much of it. Especially as they haven’t actually voted FOR me.

Inzil – takes himself out of the running for captain. Little bit of suspicion of Hakon for saying ‘I’m innocent’.

Valier – puts self in running. Suspicious of Roa but not of Boro or Fea.

Legate – since playing with him in RL I think I just suspect him anyway! But of all the first posts I find this the most ‘obvious’, though any role discussion at the moment should be fair enough really given that they’re new. Disagrees with Nerwen, thinks the wolves would be more subtle about trying to become captain. Depends on the wolves I suppose. Don’t quite understand where he was going with the whole Nienna thing.

Sally – no captaincy for sally. Questions Boro about why Fea’s actions were suspicious. Short list of people she won’t vote for captain, good reasoning. Oh yeah, I was in BED by the time the game started missy so shush.

Fea – up for anything … as usual! Gets rid of her retractables. I don’t see any problem with her having chosen Boro. First on the list is a fair reason. Good reasons for the retractable thing I’d say.

Rune – I do wonder why he feels he and Valier are the most obvious choices. I’d say he is too fixated and Valier … actually am I confused? Was it Valier or Valesse that was ridiculously good at spotting wolves? In my head it was Valesse so Valier has no extra edge but I might be back to front.

Loslote – newbie! And I like Lottie as a nickname sally. I think it would be interesting to see a new player as captain actually, seeing how she (?) reads players without prior knowledge of them.

Hakon – puts himself up for captain. Why would it be bad to vote a gifted in by the way? Have I missed something in the rules there? Ooh hate him already. No not really, it’s just the secret messages thing, never been a fan.

Nienna – putting herself to rights. List but no thoughts on it.

Nerwen – guesses the quote … right? Good point about taking the Captain thing seriously, but there was still time when she posted to settle into the game. Thinks it’s odd that Fea wanted to get rid of her retractables. I don’t particularly see why. Suspicious of people wanting to be wolves. Nerwen then agrees with Legate.

Gwath – hang on, Gwath the voice of reason? Inconceivable! ( I just recently watched Princess Bride)

Brinn – Brinn’s playing! Warns about limited time and possible non-vote. Good to know early.

Mac – ah our accidental player!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #183
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Nienna spends too much time in werewolf games dying early, and the only memorable post Hakon has made thus far was bizarre and I'm not sure I have faith that he'll prove useful later on.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #184
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean that seriously. I am well known for being the analyzer (see sig) and I don't expect anyone to do it like I do. Your votes and posts have made your views quite clear. I have no problem with your methods, even if I don't agree with your reasons.
The sorry is not necessary, consider it a good thing (if you're not a wolf). I need a bit of "jump start" these days to be in full out Boro-mode, and a good way of doing that is pushing my buttons, letting me get steamed up and passionate.

I don't like Nerwen's vote for me. I made too much of the Fea thing? How? Have I jumped up and down, declaring Fea is a wolf because she named me? Have I been excessively saying "Look! Fea's got to be a wolf, because I don't think she picked me randomly!"

I was trying to figure out what she was doing, and her first statement that it was alphetically random didn't convince me. The rest of the day I've been spending defending myself for it, because you, Roa, and Legate have demanded that I answer myself. Had I not said anything at all, I would have been suspected. I answered, because it was demanded, and I'm suspected because now not only because people don't like my answers, but I made too big of a deal out of it? Please explain that.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #185
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Fea - seems okay this far, I can sympathise about the retrackies
Nienna - seems quite the same as last game when she was helpful and innocent
Inzil - not giving any kind of vibes
Sally - seems more like her innocent than guilty self, but I have a funny feeling about a thing or two she does so I'll keep an eye on her to see whether it's random or indicates guilt...
Hakon - innocent enough, I'm not sure a wolf would boast of making a good leader
Macalaure - quite quiet - maybe because he's afraid I'll catch him if he posts more? anyway, seems ok this far
Kath - her usual self ergo unreadable
Loslote - not enough material to form a proper picture of
Valier - seems quite innocent and I want her to make it until Day2 at least becauseI haven't played with her for ages and I like her!
Greenie - no idea
Nerwen - seems relatively trustworthy for herself
Roa - what I said about Valier + what I said about Kath + we should definitely not start by killing the one who's been creating the most discussion
Lommy - me (surprise )
Boro - actually, I'm slightly suspicious of him. Not because everybody else is, but because of the way he reacts to pressure. However, to be honest, I wouldn't want to vote him toDay, because I've been boasting of having a failsafe bororadar so it would be quite a wound to my ego if I voted him on vague suspicions on Day1 and he turned out innocent. (Yes, you can call me stupid now, but at least I'm honest! )
Legate - seems rather innocent, but I know better than to trust him. (Do I?)
Gwath - seems ok
Brinn - no idea
Rune - a bit weird, but I have the gut-feeling that he's innocent - unless he's the cobbler and making a mess deliberately, but it feels more like an innocent Rune making mess accidentally

That's like one vague suspect I don't want to vote and 16 no ideas or innocents out of 17. Wonderful.

I hope someone does something very suspicious in the next two hours or I get a brilliant idea.

edit: xed with everybody from Sally onwards
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #186
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
He is seeming innocent for me and making some good points and I really don't want Rune as captain.
You know you don't need to just follow the crowd (which to me it seems your doing) You say that Legate seems innocent to you and has made good points, but so have others.
To me your votes all seem bandwagonish.... all your reasons are what other people have said. Seems to me like a wolf scrambling to vote someone safe.
I've done it before as a wolf on day one. I'm not sure, but I'm getting a bad vibe from you Nienna

Last edited by Valier; 09-22-2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: crossposted with everyone after Nienna
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #187
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Roa for Captain

Because I just realised that I had mostly been considering Legate innocent for saying he thought Nienna is either innocent or wolf and that he could well have been thinking she kind of looks like a wolf and kind of doesn't even if he was a wolf.

Besides I've trusted Roa's judgement since she killed me-wolf as a hunter.

I'm letting Greenie have the internet now. I'll be back!

PS. Nogrod! What if the same person is elected to be both Captain and Night Guard? Will the Night Guard title just pass on to the person with the third most NG votes?

edit: xed with Valier
Old 09-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #188
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
From what I've seen of Nienna, it looks like she's making her decisions and then looking for support, rather than looking for support and then making decisions. I'm a bit suspicious of that. If she was a wolf, she might be trying to frame someone and trying to find a reason for it.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #189
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oops...

I hadn't thought you would like to both lynch and make a Captain out of a same person.

How bad of me...

So here's the rule if that kind of situation comes real.

If the same person has been voted as the lynchee and as the Captain, the fate s/he has more votes for will be the decisive factor (eg. whichever decision is called for by more people).

If that person has as many votes to both "positions" the difference between that person and the next one down the line decides the outcome (fex. if people wish to lynch X and the next lynchee is two votes down - and with Captaincy-vote there is only one vote difference to the next contender = lynch, etc.).

If even that is even, then it is the relative number of people voting vs. the support for X to be dealt with either giving a captaincy or lynching (in case not all make all the votes which is possible if not desirable).

If even those numbers are the same it will be decided on which vote was given the last (kind of creates the last minute feeling by those not voting for the person and thus turns them towards the last-voiced vote...

EDIT: The same rules apply to someone being voted the NG and the lynchee...

Heh, I knew I would have to fill in some details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
PS. Nogrod! What if the same person is elected to be both Captain and Night Guard? Will the Night Guard title just pass on to the person with the third most NG votes?
The Captaincy takes precedence so we'll just pick the next one from the line to be the NG...

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-22-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #190
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Valier for Night Guard

Because
1) then she won't die too early to ruining her first game in ages
2) then she can put her good hunches for even better use if she converses about them with some other villager during the Night
3) if she's a wolf I can see her making slips or revealing moves more in private than public discussions

And now that those two votes are out of my way, I can dedicate the rest of my evening to wolf-hunting (after I've handed this to Greenie, that is).

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-22-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: changed an erroneous preposition, xed with Loslote and Modly Ranger
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #191
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Nienna spends too much time in werewolf games dying early, and the only memorable post Hakon has made thus far was bizarre and I'm not sure I have faith that he'll prove useful later on.
Okay, if I am not stealing too much of your time, could you define "bizarre"? Do you mean these secret messages and stuff? Like, do you think it has anything to do with whether somebody is a Wolf?

Anyway. I am probably going to support Nerwen in something, not sure if Captaincy has much sense in her case, maybe NG then. We shall see. In some more general thoughts, Nienna looks okay to me as well. There are few people who are just plain weird, like Rune, but not actually suspicious. Same I could say about Boro or Hakon. Inzil makes me slightly worried, but it's more like a gut feeling. Valier could be something mischievous, but on the other hand, she speaks quite sensibly in many of her posts (the question would be whether it's not calculatively planned). Lommy could be called slightly disturbing as well, the most probably if she and Hakon were wolves or something, but not in any really strong way this far. Many people like Mac have said too little to make me make a better picture of them.

I do not really have a very clear picture of whom to vote for lynching toDay. Like I said already, I may choose to NG somebody who is rather quiet.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #192
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Okay, won't be on again before deadline, so

++ Nienna

for the reasons I gave above.

Last edited by Loslote; 09-22-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: xed with Legate
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #193
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Back!

Loslote, just because you don't think someone is a wolf doesn't mean they should then be captain. Why did you pick those two for captain and NG?

I'm glad to see people are being more vocal with their ideas and suspicions. I t makes me happy.

If we have a captain tomorrow (and I'm not saying we will) I do agree that they should be changed regularly.

I'm going to see what I've missed.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:15 PM   #194
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
If we have a captain tomorrow (and I'm not saying we will) I do agree that they should be changed regularly.
I would agree. Although of course, if we stumbled upon some really good foolproof Captain, we could keep him (but that's pure theory, I don't know how it would happen - but maybe if it was to be really late in the game...). I at least think, in contrary to Valier, that we should always have Captain. (Well, let's see how it works, but...) I mean, it's importantly a tool to protect several people from the WWs, so that's a great asset.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:16 PM   #195
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
You know you don't need to just follow the crowd (which to me it seems your doing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
From what I've seen of Nienna, it looks like she's making her decisions and then looking for support, rather than looking for support and then making decisions.
I don't see where this came from. But I don't like how Valier made the statement and Loslote went with it. It may just be newbie jitters, but he(she?) seems intelligent to me, so it gives me pause.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #196
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also: Lommy! YAY!

Old 09-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #197
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The nightguards basically work as village-elected ranger protections, so I think it would make most sense to vote for two people who are likely to be killed during the first night. This means we can rule out Loslote, Valier, and Roa, since they're either new or haven't played in a long time, so it wouldn't be very nice for them to be killed right away. Although there are exceptions, the most common Night2-kills are either trailless (most likely), or with the intention to get rid of a dangerous opponent early. The latter is very difficult to predict for us, without knowledge of the wolves' identity, but the former we have a bit of a chance. Villagers who are mostly unhelpful shouldn't be protected, though - why protect someone who has a fair chance of becoming a problem to us? People who appear trailless to us (though, admittedly, other people might look trailless to the wolves), but are helpful (or promise to become helpful later) should be our guards.

On Day1, I would suggest a similar strategy for the captain, with the most suspicious individuals excepted. We don’t necessarily need the most innocent or most helpful or most talkative person in this role (not yet at any rate). Just someone who knows what he’s doing.

Candidates, in my opinion, are: Inzil, Kath, Gwath, Brinn, and Fea. (Nienna and Sally belong in there, too, but I find them suspicious.)

I'm tending towards Kath for captain, Brinn for guard.

Wolves:
I have barely an idea. My only real opinion of anyone is that Rune is neither wolf nor gifted. A wolf wouldn’t be so obvious, a gifted not so eager to be something special. Cobbler or ordo.
This is the reason, why Sally’s bandwaggon vote on Roa’s vote for him looks suspicious to me. Nienna’s vote looks as bad, and she did several things that make my radar ping badly, but by now I know from experience that that’s what she does when she’s innocent. So Sally ranks higher right now.

I don’t understand why it’s a problem if the same person is captain and lynched. The captain has the power to cancel the lynch, doesn’t he? Problem solved. But if the mod rules it otherwise, ok.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #198
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I don't see where this came from. But I don't like how Valier made the statement and Loslote went with it. It may just be newbie jitters, but he(she?) seems intelligent to me, so it gives me pause.
Are you refering to why I thought this of Nienna? If so I just thought that her post #181 was really weird to me and put up my wolfradar a bit.

But I do agree with you Roa as soon as I read Loslote's post about Nienna it made me pause as well.
Perhaps another wolf jumping on my suspision of Nienna to make themselves look good....hmmm not sure, little beep on the wolfradar for Loslote in my books.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #199
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Captaincy:
Boro -> Rune
Sally -> Legate
Greenie -> Legate
Nerwen -> Roa
Valier -> Rune
Loslote -> Rune
Roa -> Legate
Rune-> Rune
Fea-> Roa
Iniz->Rune(5)
Nienna->Legate (4)
Lommy-> Roa(3)

NG:
Boro -> Inzil
Sally -> Valier
Inzil -> Boro
Roa -> Brinn
Nerwen -> Kath
Loslote -> Boro (2)
Rune -> Valier
Valier-> Roa
Fea-> Nienna
Nienna-> Roa(2)
Lommy-> Valier (3)

Lynch:
Rune-> Legate
Roa-> Rune
Nerwen-> Boro
Fea-> Hakon
Sally-> Rune
Nienna-> Rune (3)
Loslote-> Nienna

Mac, nice to see you. Keep in mind that the cobbler has the power to stop nightly activities, so even if Rune is a cobbler and not a wolf, it's better to get rid of him. It's definitely not a good idea for him to be captain in that case.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
On one hand people are saying it was a minor issue between Fea and me, but on the other hand, it was blown out to be something major?

Well, I think Rune directly declaring he wants to be a captain, was minor and it's being blown up into something more than what it should be. I hate such vague, slap on words like "odd," "wierd" and "strange" that someone can just label onto anyone.

It's far too easy, and carries around negative baggage because it's so vague.

"Oh Rune's not a wolf, but he's certainly acting odd."

"That's strange Rune, not wolvish, but you'r acting wierd."

What is that even supposed to mean? Do you think the person is a wolf, or are you just not agreeing with the way the person is acting?

Funny, how just because you don't think someone is a wolf doesn't mean the person would be a good Captain. It works both ways, just because you don't think someone should be a Captain, doesn't mean that person is a wolf.