The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #121
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Call it a hunch, but I think she'd make a good Night One kill.~sally
Call it a hunch, but I think Val's suspicious...i.e. is a wolf.

Quote:
and Fea....so we are YOUR lambs are we?~Val
Did you expect Fea to declare "I'm a wolf. HOOWWWWL"...Does this ring a bell Valier?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #122
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
May I ask how it is related? I.e. why would you want to vote Boro as NG, if he seems weird to you?
Simple: he seems a bit different, but not necessarily wolfish. If he's innocent (and I've no reason as of now to think he isn't) he's as good a choice as any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
This merely wasn't for jumping through a hoop for me in answering a question. I've had a very nice read on Inzil's past behavior as a wolf and he's not triggering any wolvish feeling. He's skilled enough to adapt, but I would like him protected.
All right, here you go.

++NG Boro

I want to give Captain a bit more thought.

Last edited by Inziladun; 09-22-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Did the NG vote incorrectly
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #123
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Did you expect Fea to declare "I'm a wolf. HOOWWWWL"...Does this ring a bell Valier?
It does sound familiar...and I was only mostly joking around. I thought her wording was odd is all.
And may I ask why you think I'm suspisious? Just a hutch? or do you have some reasoning to your hunch?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #124
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
By the way, what happens if there is a tie in Captain votes? Noggers?
In case of a draw the first one to gain the votes will be the captain. That goes with the NG's as well...

Sorry. I had totally forgotten to add that to the rules. *goes to do that*

PS. I have already added the point that NG's can't perform their possible gifts during the Night... (as the NG and the BG kind of join forces when their number goes down I had just thought it was clear the same rules applied to both guard-roles - but at least it should be clear now)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #125
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
So do you actually think that the wolves should be found amongst the silent people or was it just a feeling?
I wouldn't be surprised if a wolf decided to hide in the quiet in this village, but it's only a feeling, not any sort of proof. I am trying to comb through everyone and find good reason to lynch someone, but I haven't got much to work with and that frustrates me. As I told Legate, quiet players are my blind spot, so this game feels like I'm shooting in the dark.

But since you're here (and presumably sober), I did find your reasoning for being captain (ie trustworthiness and people skills) to be questionable. Can you clear it up?

Quote:
I can see that you fear that the role as captain can damage the village. I know that today we have to elect a captain, but maybe it would be smart to have a talk about wether we want anybody to be in that position of power later on.
I was thinking along these lines as well.

Quote:
Of course we should not lynch people just because they are being helpful, that would be stupid indeed, but I do think there is some merit to Valiers theory. We should be on the lookout for relatively helpful people, that post a fair amount and seem helpful, but don't produce much. Like if people make very detailed posts about what others have said, but never really conclude anything.
Have someone in mind?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #126
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Roa- if I had any idea who I was going to vote for, I'd tell you (probably).

I'm almost certain I'm not actually going to be around for today's deadline. Now that I've eaten a meal and a half, I've remembered that Tuesdays are gym days and if I'm going, I won't be back until about an hour after deadline.

So...

Expect an early vote from me, once I decide.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #127
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Brinniel for Guard

'Cause if I was a wolf, I'd kill her.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #128
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
You know the basic problem here? Anyone who would make a really good Captain would also make a really good Were-Captain. It's not an easy choice.

However–

++Roa for Captain.

Because she's been making the most sense out of anyone, and isn't giving me wolf-vibes. (I did consider Rune, who wants the job and who I don't think is a wolf, but I believe Roa has better leadership qualities.)

++Guard Kath.

Because 3 out of 5 lupine conferences on Night Two contain the phrase, "I know, let's kill Kath!"

EDIT:X'd since Greenie.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #129
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I must say I really don't like the power the Captain has. I don't think I want to give Roa or Boro that power today, since they seem quite talkative and seem to have at least some power with their words in that way. So it's either Rune or Legate... not sure yet who. and the NG is still up in the air for me.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #130
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
It does sound familiar...and I was only mostly joking around. I thought her wording was odd is all.
And may I ask why you think I'm suspisious? Just a hutch? or do you have some reasoning to your hunch?
Mostly a hunch, that is a hutchy hunch...Your first post of the day "Oh no! Nog! Wolves!" and in general a light, joking, playful "lol"ing attitude throughout the day. Very bad reasons? Probably. Has anyone had any decent reasons? Maybe Roa, I think I do now.

The problem is no one is suspecting anyone, and mostly the discussion has been either around Fea and me, which has mostly been people selectively defending Fea and me. We need more suspicions than just letting Roa do all the work. Therefor, I conclude. I suspect you on hunchy, poor reasoning.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #131
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally

Post 1- says we should vote her for captain because she doesn’t have time, says she’ll be back later

Post 2- confusion in response to Rune’s post

Post 3- silly response to Boromir’s quote contest

Post 4- List who won’t get her vote and why: Rune-weird, Lottie- new, Hakon- weird, Fea- Fea

(First helpful post, but she doesn’t expand in the idea- she finds Hakon and Rune “weird” but doesn’t try to move on it, and I wonder why not?)

Post 5- accepts Hakon’s explanation, but still thinks it’s weird

(Again, doesn’t try to move forward on her suspicion. Let’s be honest, calling someone weird in this game is a way of saying they’re suspicious without saying they’re suspicious, so why isn’t she looking into it?)

Post 6- Still thinks Hakon’s “weird”

Post 7- Likes Nienna’s summary, thinks I should keep in mind that Kath tends to be quiet, clarifies what we need to vote on.

Post 8- votes Val for guard and Legate for captain

(No word on her suspicions from earlier. What happened?)

And people, I know the captain vote is important, but we are still wolf hunting here.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #132
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I wouldn't be surprised if a wolf decided to hide in the quiet in this village, but it's only a feeling, not any sort of proof.
The interesting thing is that I've never played in a game where a wolf decided to hide in the quiet. According to my experience, if a wolf is quiet, it tends to be because s/he is a quiet player in general, not because s/he thinks hiding in the quiet is a good strategy.

EDIT: x-ed with Boro and Roa
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #133
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Mostly a hunch, that is a hutchy hunch...Your first post of the day "Oh no! Nog! Wolves!" and in general a light, joking, playful "lol"ing attitude throughout the day. Very bad reasons? Probably. Has anyone had any decent reasons? Maybe Roa, I think I do now.
The majority of your first posts were playful and silly.

Quote:
The problem is no one is suspecting anyone, and mostly the discussion has been either around Fea and me, which has mostly been people selectively defending Fea and me. We need more suspicions than just letting Roa do all the work. Therefor, I conclude. I suspect you on hunchy, poor reasoning.
Then you do some work. *quits* (not really)

At this moment, not only do I suspect Boromir, but I also suspect Hakon (cause his first post was indeed "weird"). I usually like to have a top three, but after this it's all me being mostly irritable in such a quiet place.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #134
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Fair point, Boro. I've been lupine with Val (not in this game, obviously) and I know she's clever but if she's innocent she's a likely kill, at least in my mind.

And I totally forgot Brinn was playing, or I'd have considered her for Night Guarding too. *headdesks*

Yeah, I'm totally busy right now. Cleaning out my desk (because it's dirty, for reference). I'll never be on the thread again.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #135
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

well might as well start my decisions.

++Rune for Captain

he seems to me to be the best choice....for today neways, I wanna see how he does.

Last edited by Valier; 09-22-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: trying to highlight
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #136
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A sidenote: I'll be letting Lommy use the Internet now, which means I probably won't be around in an hour or two. I'll definitely be back, though.

EDIT: x-ed with Roa, Sally and Valier
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #137
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Valier, votes for the Captain and Night Guard have to be highlighted.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:34 PM   #138
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

how the heck do I hilight? do i just write highlight before and after the name?

Edit: lol never mind I got it

Last edited by Valier; 09-22-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: duh
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #139
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if a wolf decided to hide in the quiet in this village, but it's only a feeling, not any sort of proof. I am trying to comb through everyone and find good reason to lynch someone, but I haven't got much to work with and that frustrates me. As I told Legate, quiet players are my blind spot, so this game feels like I'm shooting in the dark.

But since you're here (and presumably sober), I did find your reasoning for being captain (ie trustworthiness and people skills) to be questionable. Can you clear it up?
No I don't think so.

I think I am as capable for this role as anybody else and I actually enjoy being in a possition of power, even if it can make me a bit nervouse.

Personally I think wanting it for fun is just as valid a reason as somebody being a skillful wolf-hunter.

btw, can you vote for your self?
Quote:
Have someone in mind?
No it was a genneral comment.

So far it is only you and Legate that has said anything that pussled me, I don't have anything based on actual theories of behavior yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
You know the basic problem here? Anyone who would make a really good Captain would also make a really good Were-Captain. It's not an easy choice.

However–

++Roa for Captain.

Because she's been making the most sense out of anyone, and isn't giving me wolf-vibes. (I did consider Rune, who wants the job and who I don't think is a wolf, but I believe Roa has better leadership qualities.)

++Guard Kath.

Because 3 out of 5 lupine conferences on Night Two contain the phrase, "I know, let's kill Kath!"

EDIT:X'd since Greenie.
I don't like you anymore. . .

Anyways I need to go deliver a suitcase to my sister (she is leaving for Rome) so I cannot stay as long as I thought. It means that I will be voting in a few moments.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #140
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
[ highlight ] TEXT [ /highlight ]

With no spaces.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:

You just need the '/' in front of the second 'highlight', Val. That's all.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #142
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally, what became of your suspicion of Hakon?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #143
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
At this moment, not only do I suspect Boromir, but I also suspect Hakon (cause his first post was indeed "weird").
Hakon is a bit "weird", though, you know.

EDIT:X'd with Roa.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

[QUOTE=Roa_Aoife;611199]The majority of your first posts were playful and silly.[QUOTE]
But out of Val's first 10 posts I looked at the vast majority of them contained some sort of "lol," laughter joking, and as she just admitted her comment to Legate and to Fea were both mostly joking. A bit excessive amount of playful silliness for my liking.

Quote:
Then you do some work. *quits* (not really)
My point is Roa, I'm trying to get you to relax yourself, because we all can't analyse like you, nor do all of us have the time during the day phases to seriously think and analyze everyone.

You're really going to tell me to do it? I have been, I've named the people I like to stay around, and I did it also with my votes. I've also named the people I suspect. You may not like the way I do it, you may not like the fact that I'm not being a careful analyzer, but the fact is I'm doing it, and separate that from you just not liking the way I am doing it.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #145
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:

EDIT:X'd since Sally.
No, I don't. Never played with him before. But Nilp was weird too, and it didn't stop him from getting lynched, nor did being a wolf make him less weird.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #146
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I'm here for like a second...

++ Captain Rune

++ Guard Boro

Last edited by Loslote; 09-22-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #147
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

But I must point out Boro, I AM a bit silly and light hearted, just like you ARE always a bit of an aggressive pain the first day. Which is why today I don't think you are a wolf.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #148
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
He has been known to make strange comments as an innocent. Still, he may get my vote unless something more concrete reveals itself.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #149
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
No, I don't. Never played with him before. But Nilp was weird too, and it didn't stop him from getting lynched, nor did being a wolf make him less weird.
Well, that's true, and he has to be a wolf eventually. I'd have thought, though, that if Hakon were a wolf his packmates would have advised him against doing what he did.

Could be a ploy, I suppose.

EDIT:X'd since Roa.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #150
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
But I must point out Boro, I AM a bit silly and light hearted, just like you ARE always a bit of an aggressive pain the first day. Which is why today I don't think you are a wolf.
Very true.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #151
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
My point is Roa, I'm trying to get you to relax yourself, because we all can't analyse like you, nor do all of us have the time during the day phases to seriously think and analyze everyone.

You're really going to tell me to do it? I have been, I've named the people I like to stay around, and I did it also with my votes. I've also named the people I suspect. You may not like the way I do it, you may not like the fact that I'm not being a careful analyzer, but the fact is I'm doing it, and separate that from you just not liking the way I am doing it.
Sorry, I didn't mean that seriously. I am well known for being the analyzer (see sig) and I don't expect anyone to do it like I do. Your votes and posts have made your views quite clear. I have no problem with your methods, even if I don't agree with your reasons.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #152
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Okay, I'm here for like a second...

Captain Rune

Guard Boro
Lottie, you need to put two plus signs before your votes or they won't count. Just to let you know.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #153
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I most definitely do not trust Rune enough to make him captain. So

++Legate Captain

Loslote, care to explain?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #154
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
++Valier Guard

Old 09-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #155
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Lottie, you need to put two plus signs before your votes or they won't count. Just to let you know.
I will be counting the votes when the intent is clear enough (with the pointing of "captain" & "guard" there should be no doubt as to what she meant). So no problem with those if she is away.

But she should make it the next time (or correct them if still online). Let's stick to rules but let's not stumble on formalities.

Talking of votes as I am... just in courtesy of the mod as I have kept a list of these thus far:

Captaincy:
Boro -> Rune
Sally -> Legate
Greenie -> Legate
Nerwen -> Roa
Valier -> Rune
Loslote -> Rune (3)
Roa -> Legate (3)

NG:
Boro -> Inzil
Sally -> Valier
Inzil -> Boro
Roa -> Brinn
Nerwen -> Kath
Loslote -> Boro (2)
Rune -> Valier (2)

Lynch:
none so far

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-22-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:58 PM   #156
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

++Rune Captain

(I know it is bad form to vote for your self, but I really want it)

++Legate

I haven't seen anything truly susppicous, but Legate seemed slightly different from his innocent self and his post often left me confused. (what sense does that make, why does he write that?)

Now I should be back before deadline, but better safe than sorry right?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #157
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rune, Valier, Loslote, and Boro seem to have a thing going on.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #158
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sally vote count?

Edit: haha jk thanks Nog
Old 09-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #159
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Rune

Because I'm starting to see a pattern and it alarms me.

What makes anyone think Boro is in danger tonight and should be made NG?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #160
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I have to go so–

++Lynch Boro.

For making too much of the Fea business... could be an attempt to cast suspicion on an innocent. Or not– this is of course the usual feeble Day One vote. I just don't really know who else to vote, except maybe Hakon, and... well, dodgy as that post of his looked, anyone who played with him in the last game should understand my reservations.

Edit:X'd since Nogrod.