The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #521
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
phantom, Aganzir, Cailin, McCaber, Eonwe, Lalaith, Legate...I'm missing two people...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #522
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
May be a combination of several factors. Partially it may be the mood conjured by the exams (the time of relief after one completed with the anxiety of the view of other coming soon), and if you say I act more like first day, it may be also because I feel still like the first day - not very much idea of what's going on, who may be who; the more in such a big village. I can't concentrate on all - there are LOTS of people I hardly even noticed, or, noticed but could not reflect upon... and such. Something like that, probably.
This seems a good enough justification to me, since (if my sociologist professor is correct…) I’m seeing more of a pattern of different sub-groups forming with their own votes and bandwagons. Which does give reason why in light of the larger original group there is little ‘productivity’. Which also makes it a bloody pain to decide on votes (I almost fell into the Lommy or Agan vote indecision, but now I want to avoid it because I’m certain there are others who are parading it around usefully, or it might not come to anything.).

I’m getting a really bad assumption that the vote today will come down to voting for someone just to see if it will reveal anything. I certainly don’t like it, but I don’t want to have guilt over not voting when others and I have put actual work into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
What if you just trusted your own judgement?
I feel so devilish taking such advice against its purpose, but I’m going to do it and just vote something already, even if its grounded in nothing but mixed reason and gut feeling.

Haven’t had a good chance to analyze, let alone read much from him, so I’m not going to vote for McCab (still a bit confused as to why he’s such a good choice, if just because he’s “safe” to vote for. Like Di has advised we might need more decision, but from my pov I doubt we’re going to be able to vote for each other and feel ‘good’ about it. You’re going to scuff your knees sometime, get used to it because you’ll learn something.).

Cailin, has proved a bit more of being reasonable today, or at least for her arguments. For that I don’t see much of a direct reason to vote for her. I’m not immediately sure about it, nor do I have any good theories to justify anything.

Brinn, I don’t know much about, I haven’t had much time to analyze per-person today, so I’ll see tomorrow what the fuss is.

Okay, running out of time, might as well get to some point I have some suspicion about.
Mac, I find rather intriguing. Whether he’s innocent or not he’s shown quite a bit at arguing for both sides of a few bandwagons. Albeit a lot more improvement than yesterDay. Still, the whole ‘controversial or not’ justification didn’t make much sense for awhile. Even if there is some improvement, I have a gut feeling it either had some influence from someone else acting in favour, or its for an effort to hide something.

++Mac
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #523
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
All right, my moment of truth.

++Legate

EDIT: crossed x4
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #524
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
AAARGH. I hate voting without really suspecting anyone. But vote I will, mind you... So

++ phantom

Because
a) he might be a wolf
b) he might be EW
c) his death might reveal many things
d) he annoys me (at least at times. )

Good night dearies.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #525
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Sure, NOW you vote for Roa.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #526
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Nay, I know people are watching. I'm testing to see if there is support. I don't want to throw away my vote.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #527
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Oh yes, it was Ka and Greenie I was missing..

Ha! See...flood-voting...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM   #528
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Maybe at least with Aganzir we can learn something. Good luck everyone.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #529
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++ Mac

since I have to save myself yet again
Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM   #530
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I've been watching this half-asleep for a while, but now I need to intervene

you're lynching your ranger

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-05-2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: crossed with Aganzir
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #531
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It may be considered throwaway, but I don't see the point in voting for someone whom I've not really looked at. THAT would be folly.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #532
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So naebody fancied lynching Sally or Gwath, then?

Gah, I still have no idea. Think, think, think...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #533
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Okay, so how many people haven't voted yet?
I haven't. Since this time, there's my skin at risk, I guess I will end up voting for someone if it's needed to save it. But otherwise, once again, there are no clear favourites among the main (top) suspects here.

Heck, I think Mac more possibly innocent than Agan. Here goes what I said above: I think Lommy and Agan are innocent by posts (although Agan can feign it well, we know), but by their arguing I can't understand how two innocents could get into such thing. I might as well vote Agan.

++Agan

(okay, it was written continuously, and I seemingly x-ed somewhat)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:58 PM   #534
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hmm, I suppose I should trust Mac.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #535
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I've been watching this half-asleep for a while, but now I need to intervene

Heck I'm sorry Mac
Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #536
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Crap.

Cailin vote Agan...quick!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #537
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++AGANZIR

There's time.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #538
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nine pages in one day. Madness.

Well, Mac, that would be par for the course, then. I have an especial knack for voting for gifteds.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #539
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Anyways, I believe Mac and we'll know soon enough if he's honest...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #540
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Time's up!

I share the computer with Lommy & Greenie so please some patience. I'll check the votes once more and will be back soon.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #541
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh Mac... (well I only hope he did not lie)

EDIT: sorry Nog! (hey, but I'm still on time even if I'm just posting And you said you're gonna make it on 01... okay, okay, kiddin'...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #542
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ok, good luck darlings then.

And lynch Lommy. I'm so sure of her.

And see what's wrong with Legate and Brinn.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #543
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hey all! I know it's past deadline, but I felt the need to say this.

Wow....interesting day much? *shuts her trap*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #544
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Agan took six votes and is lynched...

She was a wolf.

Wizards feel free to scry etc.

Narration coming asap... which is not in ten minutes time...
Old 06-05-2008, 05:59 PM   #545
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day2

The boy had fallen asleep in the chair but woke up with the explosion. Then there was another one, and another. Pieces of concrete were falling on him when he took refuge in the corner of the pillbox crawling under one of the beds. The shards of the broken figurine of his mom he had still squeezed in his hand fell to the floor as he ducked underneath the bunk.

He was familiar with the sound. Enemy bombers were emptying their loads on their way back. But it had never been this near.

As the blasts drew away he crawled out from under the bunk and headed out to the trench and towards his home.

There were a few pillars of smoke in the air he could see from down below in the trench. One of them came from the direction of their house. He was distressed but also curious.

He managed to crawl up from the trench eventually only to see what he had anticipated. On the other side of the unsown field there was the house they had lived the last half a year after been evacuated from their home near the frontline.

It was burning.

People – looking like ants from the distance – were rushing in and out around it carrying buckets of water but it all seemed to be in vain. There was no stopping the flames that ate all they could touch.

Herbert crept silently towards the burning house using the treeline as a cover. He had to know what had happened even though he had no wish to be seen by his relatives or neighbours - and the least by the man who claimed to be his father.

As he got nearer he saw some people bowing over a bloodstained body of a woman. There was a man in an uniform kneeling beside her. And then he recognised his mother’s dress.

He ran back as fast as he could.

It was only when he had sat in the dark pillbox for an hour or so that he started searching for the candle. It had fallen on the map with figurines. He picked it up and relit it.

He stared at the figurines on the map with empty eyes swallowing the tears. Two of them had burned while the others were scattered here and there over the tabletop. It felt to him they were screaming. They were screaming at him. HE knew he was doing this but still it was not like he thought it would be. And why those two? He hadn't chosen them.

He wasn't on top of things. He knew it now too well but the anguish was coming back. He would kill more. He would kill his choice now.

He picked the burnt ones from the table and threw them to the floor. Then he reorganised the figurines.

He remembered a last winter’s day when the schools had been open for a short period between the two major offensives of the war this far. Even a little boy had learned that there might be a new one any day. The girls in the school had always followed the guys picking on him as he was skinny and not either rough or dandy as the other boys were.

The worst had been the one nicknamed Aggy. She had always been on him because she was physically stronger than he was. She used to challenge him to a wrestling match in front of everyone else. And she always won. He couldn’t count the bruises he had gotten from her – or the laughs that had followed.

He picked the figurine into his hand and moved it to the candle-light. It was a nice figurine. He had spent a lot of time carving it. But now it would burn.

Slowly he brought it to the flame and watched it getting black first, then starting to smoke.

Suddenly it lightened and burned his fingers.

Herbert yelled in pain and instinctively let go of it. It hurt.

The figurine burnt slowly at the floor until it was consumed by the tiny flames.

*~*

An open town council was called to convene and everyone came. Shasta and Greenie opened it as the remaining village elders even though there were some complaints about it.

There was a spectacular row between Roa and the phantom. After the two had had enough all the others wished to make their personal views heard as well. It was a cacophony of lectures, analysis, accusations and counter-accusations, quotes and misquotes, accusations of misrepresenting and counter-arguments to them – as well as jokes and banter to lighten the mood.

And as everyone had a lot to say and a lot to correct on what others had said it became a tiring day to all. Kath was busy providing people with Mac’s cider without her wench all alone.

Finally it was decided that Macalaure and Aganzir should be brought forwards. Even if old Shasta tried to cool the feelings with calling the children to play nice the final debate was hot and fiery.

The votes came one by one keeping both neck to neck. Macalaure seemed to have been half a sleep – probably from drinking too many pints of his own cider – even if it was quite near he was going to be sent to the gallows. Suddenly he woke up.

“I need to intervene, you're lynching your ranger…”

“Gah, I still have no idea. Think, think, think...” Cailín mumbled. “… What did you say? Hmm, I suppose I should trust him.

“Crap. Cailin vote Agan...quick!” Brinn yelled in.

So it was decided that Aganzir would be the one. And they would burn her.

”I am confident Lommy is a wolf!” Aganzir protested while she was being taken. She was tied by Mac and the phantom. “Heck I'm sorry Mac”, she tried her last but Mac was not moved. Cailín and Legate had built a pyre to the square where Lommy and Brinn dragged her.

“Good riddance wolf!” Lommy yelled as they threw her on top of the pile “I will dance a river-dance to your evil memory when you show your real qualities!”.

As the village elders, Shasta and Greenie lit the pyre.

The flames soon consumed her body and her skin started to melt. From underneath it a thick and hairy fur was revealed.

“Ggrrrraaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!” she bellowed as the ropes snapped and she rose up burning all over. She managed to jump off the pyre and went after Lommy.

“Stop the beast, stop the beast!” Nilp shouted as Lommy tried to run away from the werewolf.

It was not needed. The beast fell down beside the old oak tree burning brightly. But the fire took to the tree as well.

“Quite a firework” McCaber said.

“Yeah bro, we should have these more often” Gwath replied.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)
+ Isabellkaya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother)
+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)
+ The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.

Night3 has begun.

You know what to do… those who can do something… G’night everyone else!

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #546
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night3

Old nanny’s words were sadly wrong for the fresh dreams didn’t bring relivement but only more pain. The people in her dream had first killed one of the nightly killers and were in bloodthirsty trance of some kind ready to kill everything they thought evil. Enraged by that the nightly killers had killed yet more villagers an it would go on and on. She was sure of it.

If she didn’t stop it.

Edelfried woke up shivering. Her heart felt bruised and beaten. It was as well physical pain. She felt she would throw up at any minute.

There was only one thing she could do. She should visit aunt Clennan.

She wasn’t actually allowed outside the castle on her own but this wasn’t the first time she managed to get there. There were a few good ways to do it and the easiest was when old Bellengaard was on duty at the gate. He would just let her go if she talked nicely and smiled: and promised to get him some honeycakes and a small bottle of sage- flavoured spirit from her aunt. That had always worked and it did so this morning as well.

“Oh! little miss Edelfried it is! How nice to see you for a long time!” Aunt Clennan came rushing through her messy and dimly lit room to greet the girl.

“Now what is it my dear? You look so pale and frightened! Now sit down and tell your auntie all that shadows your pure mind!” While speaking she had already pulled a chair for Edelfried, set her down and sat herself next to her. “Now, what is it?”

Edelfried told her all. It took some time but finally she got it done. Her aunt listened patiently although Edelfried could see her eyebrows wrinkling every once in a while. Her ever-familiar smile had died out already in the beginning and now she looked solemn and thoughtful. Edelfried’s eyes were nailed on her but the silence lasted for a while. Then aunt Clennan finally seemed to come back to the here and now and stroke her hair in saddened empathy.

“I would never had wished you to get this gift my little…” she whispered silently. “Your life will change now. I can be of help and show the door but you must walk the path yourself.”

“What is it aunt Clennan?” Edelfried asked now totally horrified. The tone of the voice of her aunt had made her even more anguished.

“It’s a long story… but sadly you will have to hear it.”

*~*

Macalaure was sitting, leaning to a house and ready for everything. He had a job to do and no werewolf would attack his protégé this Night. But he was weary at the same time being himself the target tonight.

He was watching at his blade when he finally heard the oncoming creeping steps. There they come then… I’ll sell my blood with a price… and they won’t enter this house if it’s up to me.

The shapes of the four werewolves emerged from the darkness coming slowly towards him. Macalaure stood up and pointed his blade at them.

“This is the ranger’s blade enchanted by the Good Wizard! You shall not pass!”

He took a step towards the four shadowy creatures and swang his blade in the air. “Dare to even try!” He shouted at them hoping people would hear it.

“We have no business inside cider-maker. We’ve come to get you…” the biggest werewolf said in a slow voice. “Go get him!” he said pointing at the two werewolves at it’s left.

They leaped on Macalaure but he stood firm parrying left and right and dealing a blow to his attackers every now and then. There was blood all over as Mac had been hit a few times quite badly but he had also managed to deal a blow or two in as well.

“Hey, this is a tough one. Just give us a hand!” The other werewolf cursed between the strokes.

“Oh you amateurs… Let’s go kill him. We have another job to do this Night as well and everyone’s waking up to this noise.” the biggest one drowned and jumped in with the fourth one.

It was soon over then. The werewolves tore him into pieces. The first attackers were so mad because of their wounds and their loss of face that they could have continued slicing him into ever smaller pieces if the biggest one hadn’t stopped them.

“Now let’s get the girl, fast!” he hissed and they disappeared to the night.

The village had heard the fight but they stayed indoors until the morning broke for fear of going outside were the werewolves roamed. But as soon as the first rays of sun came forwards they rushed out to see what had happened.

“Nooooo!” cried Di, “Daad!” she rushed to the pile of pieces of human flesh and organs where her father’s sword lied.

“It can’t be!” cried Rikae. “My husband! My love!”

The phantom looked around in ever growing anger and finally spotted a face he was looking for. “If you’re behind this aunt Roa I will deal with you personally!”

But all that was intervened with another cry. It was Lalaith.

“Who could have done this to a little ageless girlie barely of any age? Where is the justice? Why?”

The villagers rushed towards her lamentations only to find The Ka pierced with a spear by the front door of Lalaith’s house. The spear had been stuck to the ground and The Ka still held her favourite doll in her hand.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)
+ Isabellkaya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.
Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber); A werewolf burnt alive on Day2.
Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother); The ranger overpowered by four werewolves in a fight and torn to pieces on Night3.
The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith); An innocent impaled to a spear her doll in her hand on Night3.

Day3 begins.

The forum is open again.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-06-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #547
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Crud crud crud! Mac.... And Ka....wait a sec....Ka? What the devil? *goes to look at Ka's posts, for there's obviously something there*

Oh, and before I go (going to drive home and charge laptop so I can go postal....erm, post happy hehe) I'm going to be the first to post the voting record. Ha!

Roa-->Phantom at 2:02am
Lhuna-->Mac at 5:41am
Nilp-->Cabbie at 9:17am
Gwath-->Lallie at 10:47am
Morm-->Brinn at 2:26pm
Sally-->Cabbie at 4:06pm
Cellie-->Cailin at 4:34pm
Rikae-->Legate at 4:55pm
Shasta-->Legate at 4:58pm
Mac-->Agan at 5:01pm
Kath-->Mac at 5:23pm
Di-->Mac at 5:47pm
Brinn-->Agan at 5:49pm
Durie-->Lommie at 5:50pm
Lommie-->Agan at 5:50pm
Izzy-->Roa at 5:54pm
Phantom-->Agan at 5:55pm
Ka-->Mac at 5:55pm
Cabbie-->Legate at 5:55pm
Greenie-->Phantom at 5:55pm
Agan-->Mac at 5:57pm
Legate-->Agan at 5:58pm
Cailin-->Agan at 6:00pm
No votes: Eon, Lallie

Notes: Times are GMT-5, which puts DL at 6pm my time. I'm too lazy to change the times over today, sorry. As before, innocents and wolves.

Enjoy! See you all in a couple hours or so!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #548
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm not sure how unexpected Mac's death was, but Ka? Another "safe" kill? The first close member of my own family is gone now... Mac was my son.

However, the little match girl is also gone. I'd bought matches from her many a time, not knowing the evil that lurked inside her. Of course, I find it hard to believe that someone as close to her as her own swain could have no inkling of her foul nature. I noticed yesterday at the burning that the one comment McCaber made was something about fireworks; hardly the reaction of a heartsick lover. This makes me wonder about you, young henchman; rest assured, I shall have my eye on you today.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #549
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ai, vai.

Well, not much of a surprise, is it. The reason for Mac's murder is obvious, he even actually stated he is the Ranger yesterDay, and the Wolves, unlike us, knew that he is not lying (unless he were a Hunter pretending to be a Ranger etc... but that wasn't even probable given the timing and situation he was in when he posted - no time to think of complicated covers - and anyway, it was a Gifted down, the Wolves would've gone after him in any case, I would say). He probably could not protect himself, so he was done for. In fact (to warm up my own soup a little bit), I thought Mac is a Gifted of the way he acted towards me, already on Day 1. Well, if he was it already back then (oh, but he must have been, right? Yes, of course). Anyway... do you notice that the "pile" of the dead (well, a good expression indeed) is getting quite thick? It's the number of kills per night. Now even the Ranger is missing, which means even more...

Now however, what can possibly someone lead to kill a child? Apart from that being really unspeakable, I think this deserves deeper investigation. I shall try to look to it, however not sure how much I can put into it, given the late hour here, I think I am probably rather going to sleep in a short while, so I will probably wait a moment if someone else posts and save the work for the morning when I am more fresh.

EDIT: x-ed with these two
Old 06-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #550
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
And I was just starting to wonder if THE Ka was a wolf after all...

I'm rather happy to know that Agan was indeed a wolf. Her last words almost convinced me I had been wrong about her... I will look at Day1's now and go with the assumption that wolves knew their fellows and they didn't want to lynch them in order to get an extra kill, so basically, I'm going to have a look at who could have been protecting Agan from the lynch. This might be useless as we can't assume the wolves know one another - actually, if I had to bet, I'd say they don't know one another, or at least didn't know on Day1 - but nevertheless something interesting may turn up. Besides the Ew definitely know qho the wolves are/were, but s/he might just be too sneaky to catch by some trivial thing like that. But anyway, like I said, I'm going to have a look at the voting.

I will also see through Agan's accusations against me some time toDay and comment if there's something that needs clarifying (ie something that is not a downright blantant lie one can easily dismiss), even though she's dead and a wolf. I'd prefer to have those things cleared.

What I will be doing toDay is concentrating on as many people as I can. For good or bad, I mostly thought about Agan and tp yesterDay...

edit: xed with Shasta and Legate
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #551
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sally, what do you mean there must be something in THE Ka's posts? That's hardly an obvious conclusion, considering that there was nothing in Volo's or Kitanna's.

If I was a wolf, last night I would be thinking about not killing someone Mac was protecting, above anything else.

Poor Mac... I always hate to see him go. Why on earth does everyone find him suspicious lately when he's good, anyway?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #552
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Okay, those last moments of yesterDay were insane. I was certainly not expecting Mac to come out of nowhere and reveal he was a ranger...and afterwards with all the cross-posting I feared he would actually be lynched. How very lucky it was for that not to happen...and especially the fact that Aganzir indeed turned out to be a wolf. I admit I did gloat a bit as soon as I found out...some of my first Day suspicions have turned out to be wrong in the past...and towards the last minute or so I was starting to doubt myself, but I'm glad to find out that I was right to suspect her.

Mac's death is really no surprise...I think all of us saw it coming once he revealed. As for Ka....it's odd, but when I was thinking about who else might be killed during the Night, she's the first one who popped into my head. She just seemed pretty innocent and overlooked by most...and I think that's why she was killed.

Now onto toDay:

I have to keep reminding myself we can't suspect or disregard someone as a wolf based on connections with Aganzir. It's an old habit that we're used to...but we can still find more wolves without connections. Now if someone wanted to find the EW...now you have a connection. Who would pick Aganzir? And how would that EW act towards her during the Days?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #553
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Now if someone wanted to find the EW...now you have a connection. Who would pick Aganzir? And how would that EW act towards her during the Days?
I might think more about this later, but my short answer would be: anyone who has seen her play as a wolf or played with her when she's a wolf. Or someone who wanted to have a shot at the dark with someone s/he had never played with but who had apparently played in several games.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #554
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
In fact (to warm up my own soup a little bit), I thought Mac is a Gifted of the way he acted towards me, already on Day 1.
Figured he knew you were a wolf, did ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Now even the Ranger is missing, which means even more...
Um, huh? There will be a new ranger toNight. Why are you misleading people, Legate?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #555
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

"Warm up my own soup" is an interesting turn of phrase in these circumstances, too. Legate, did you make "Mac & Pork" of my late husband?
Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #556
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
McCaber, Day 1

#81 - First post of the game. Minor IC entrance. Says Phantom looks innocent, and Sally and Cailin are slightly worrying. Promises to be back later with more info.

#157 - Second post of the game. Says he would rather keep Phantom around, but flip-flops on his opinion, saying "I am keeping him under suspicion". Thinks Aganzir to be innocent. Laments flying under the radar.

#175 - Votes Nerwen. No explanation.

McCaber, Day 2

#452 - Wants Phantom and Roa to sort out their differences by themselves. Doesn't like Legate or Cailin.

#509 - Isn't sure who to vote. Replies to Phantom's wish to vote Gwath, saying that it wouldn't be hard to shoot him past everyone else in the running to be lynched.

#523 - Votes Legate. Again, no explanation.

------------------------------------------

Well, that certainly didn't take long!

All I can say for McCaber is:

1. Flipflopped on his opinion of Phantom between his first and second posts.
2. Believed Aganzir to be innocent.
3. Is suspicious of Cailin throughout, but swaps Sally for Legate for some reason.
4. Doesn't explain his votes.

If ever there was a submarine...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-06-2008 at 05:43 PM. Reason: X'ed with Rikae, Rikae.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #557
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Of course, since we don't know when Aganzir became a wolf, she might have indeed been innocent Day 1.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #558
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Sally, what do you mean there must be something in THE Ka's posts? That's hardly an obvious conclusion, considering that there was nothing in Volo's or Kitanna's.

I was looking at them last night and saw something, but was too tired to write it down. Now let me get to it!

My condolences, by the way, dear.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #559
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Legate, did you make "Mac & Pork" of my late husband?

When my dear brother (may he rest in peace, he was a valiant man) did that revelation of his, my first reaction was that "he's bluffing! he's the EW! ...or is he the GW?" Okay, now I forgot why I'm writing this. Great. Erm... Could the evil guys have thought this way? Could it have affected their choices? I mean, yesterDay someone speculated (I think...?) that the evil team might not want to kill all the gifteds as they can kill the known gifteds after the wizard duel. But if the evil guys thought Mac might be ranger or GW, they might wanted to be more inclined to send the wolves to kill him/check his identity. Hmm... this might actually be rather irrelevant, but it just crossed my mind.

I'm really not getting anything done and my brain's not working properly. Maybe I should go to sleep. It's soon 3am here... but I really would like to see that Day1 voting... maybe I will.

Now I'm wondering if I had any more reason to do this post than express my amusement at Rikae's words...

edit: xed with everybody after Rikae
Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #560
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Of course, since we don't know when Aganzir became a wolf, she might have indeed been innocent Day 1.
Of course, that is entirely possible. Though I find it more likely she was a wolf from the beginning...I suspected her from the same reasons as Day 1, and I don't think her behaviour changed at all between the two Days. And would the EW bother scrying her after she got fairly close to getting lynched on Day 1?