The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #401
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
The way Greenie starts suspecting tp looks a bit forced to me, yet is less suspicious than the fact that she's still seemingly indecisive about people. It reminds me of a wolf who doesn't know her fellows.
Does everyone make you feel this way? It's just I've noticed you've been saying that line a lot during this game...

Quote:
I think Legate's wavering with his vote was suspicious, but I was already suspicious of him. You on the other hand found his vote strange yesterday, yet today you raised the issue just a bit and immediately downplayed the possibility that his vote was wolfish.
Okay, when I was reading what you wrote last night I thought you were meaning the exact opposite.
Anyways, I don't think I completely downplaying the possibility of a wolfish vote there. When I wrote "Only if the EW told him to..." I was still considering it was possible. Honestly, I'm just flat out unsure whether Legate's vote was actually wolfish or an innocent's mistake.

Coming soon: A post on my thoughts of all the players. It may take awhile, but hopefully it'll help me come up with a voting candidate.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #402
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

If you look at other WW villages I've been in, if possible I always hold my vote till the very end. One time in particular I actually foiled a WW by sitting on my vote and forcing him to show his cards. That's simply my style. It makes me feel more... in control.

There were three votes still out there, thus Agan had a very real chance of tying with Nerwen, and if that had happened I was considering voting for her. But of course if I jumped forward suddenly to tie Ner I was going to cast a vote for her.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #403
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, hello everybody, I'm finally here. (I was just planning to go to see friends after school but we got an ex tempore idea to go to see Blackmore's Night live, so I only got home now.) Now I will dedicate the rest of the evening (night?) to this game, starting with a massive reading process...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #404
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
DEAR GOD.

I started reading this like an hour and a half ago. I was fresh and ready to form opinions, now I'm tired and I want to curl up in a corner and whimper. I knew I should have gotten up earlier today to read posts, but there were epic, violent thunderstorms for several hours this morning which kept me up.

At least I have three hours to give it some thought. But based on my initial readthrough... wow, Roa and phantom were in rare form last night. I've seen people saying how we should ignore them. Frankly this whole argument (which is about as epic and violent as the thunderstorms) makes me just die to know who and what they both are. On the other hand, it's the most entertaining stuff going on around here (I mean, I'd rather read a good smackdown than a by-the-numbers re-cap any day) and I'll be sorry when it's over.

So does my love of drama, or my curiosity to find out their respective identities win out?

Hmmmm.

Everyone else seems so vanilla in comparison that I'm having trouble forming opinions or focus on any of them. At least not after slogging through posts for a solid hour and a half.

I'm going to go make popcorn.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #405
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, just so everyone knows, I haven't read through everything, because I don't have time. (I've got 15 minutes from now, which is 12:56 PM PT).

First, phantom, you're statistics aren't even logical, because you leave out : a. the hunter, b. the ranger, and c. the EW herself, who might change a gifted into an ordo instead of an ordo into a gifted, thus keeping the wolf population down.

Second, those who think losing the seer isn't such a bad thing, consider what would happen if it was Day 4 and the EW knew the GW's identity. She could then challenge and take the GW out before she had a chance to replace the seer, and the village would be in trouble. Who was saying that again?

Third, for everyone who is concerned that I'm focusing too much on phantom, well, duh. I am thoroughly convinced he's evil. Why should I look at people I am uncertain of when I have one that I am certain of right in front of me? I mean, even now, he's gone from saying, "I think you're innocent and don't want to lynch you," to "I think Roa's a wolf trying to get me. Let's lynch her."

Fourth, I have a feeling that this is the last time I will be able to do this, because I may well be killed or wolf-ified and then lynched to discredit me, (as I did with Valier), so here:

The EW:

In the last game, I took care to avoid people that might be scried by the GW, not so much because I was worried about losing a wolf (until morm accidentally found me out) but because if we scried the same people on the same Night, my identity would be revealed. That is not the case this game. If the wolf doesn't know anything, then losing him to the GW may not be so bad. However, if the GW and the EW scry the same person in a Night, that person dies. This is a third kill for the evil team! The GW is the one who will be avoiding scrying possible EW picks in order to keep innocents from dying. (Which, by the way, is why I believe the phantom will not be picked by the GW.)

So lose the mentality that the EW won't pick likely GW scries for scrying. It will only mislead you into to looking away from those that could be wolves. Until we know who the EW is, we have no way of knowing who they might have picked. YOU CANNOT RULE ANYONE OUT FOR THE REASON THAT THEY ARE UNLIKELY PICKS. The EW may have very well counted on that thinking. Until we know who the EW is, you must look at everyone with equal possibility.

Finally, even if you don't think anything I said about phantom has merit, please, please, go back and look at what I said about the EW and her possible behavior.

I have to go. Honestly, it might be better if you lynch me toDay. ToMorrow, I may be a wolf, and then you won't know what to trust, and what I said that was helpful or a lie. I'm not so worried about being wolf-ified to save phantom, but more that it will cause people to mistrust the advice I've given regarding the EW.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #406
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

To Nog- I didn't doubt that you would have counted my vote had it been posted on time. I just didn't want to, as you said, make the thread look less neat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Agan
I have a feeling I'm being... an object.
Guys, the Agan is feeling objectified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I am leaning most toward voting for tp or Legate at the moment.
Vote Legate then. I believe I've answered questions about me quite beautifully, thank you.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #407
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
Everyone else seems so vanilla in comparison that I'm having trouble forming opinions or focus on any of them. At least not after slogging through posts for a solid hour and a half.
Stop, stop, the popularity contest won't be fun if there's such a clear favourite.

Sometimes that's what Werewolf is; so don't complain to me when you're hanging there.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #408
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Does everyone make you feel this way? It's just I've noticed you've been saying that line a lot during this game...
Not everyone. For example today you and Legate look like wolves who know each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Okay, when I was reading what you wrote last night I thought you were meaning the exact opposite.
Anyways, I don't think I completely downplaying the possibility of a wolfish vote there. When I wrote "Only if the EW told him to..." I was still considering it was possible. Honestly, I'm just flat out unsure whether Legate's vote was actually wolfish or an innocent's mistake.
Well the thing I posted a while ago was what I thought already then but couldn't just say clearly.
I never said you were "completely downplaying" it. But you downplayed it anyway, and that "only if the EW told him to" doesn't really make it any better.
It was something both a wolf or an innocent would have said - it is true and there's no sense in trying to deny it, as someone would have suggested it anyway in reply to you. So you both encouraged people not to suspect Legate and left yourself a chance to change your mind later (if it started to seem Legate would get lynched).

edit: xed with phantom and Cailín
Old 06-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #409
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I am leaning most toward voting for tp or Legate at the moment.
Vote Legate then. I believe I've answered questions about me quite beautifully, thank you.
Does beautifully = truthfully without hidden agendas?

Bah, I'm slowly getting nowhere in finishing my re-reading. Too much multi-tasking.

X'd with Cailin and Aganzir.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #410
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
Stop, stop, the popularity contest won't be fun if there's such a clear favourite.

Sometimes that's what Werewolf is; so don't complain to me when you're hanging there.
Hanging where?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #411
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Finally, even if you don't think anything I said about phantom has merit, please, please, go back and look at what I said about the EW and her possible behavior.
I don't completely disagree with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Honestly, it might be better if you lynch me toDay. ToMorrow, I may be a wolf, and then you won't know what to trust, and what I said that was helpful or a lie. I'm not so worried about being wolf-ified to save phantom, but more that it will cause people to mistrust the advice I've given regarding the EW.
Ack! I have no idea what to think about that. Does it support the innocent-tearing-innocent-apart theory? Who would say this, Ordo-Roa or WW-Roa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Does beautifully = truthfully without hidden agendas?
Hmm... I think so. At least I don't think any of my answers contained hidden agendas. Some of my defenses/accusations of others and such do have hidden agendas of a kind, but all of my answers to those questioning me were very straight-forward.

Last edited by the phantom; 06-05-2008 at 02:22 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #412
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yeah, wasn't clear about that, but didn't want to edit. I was referring to the big village tree.

Actually, Diamond does seem to be hiding behind a bit of bluster. Let me just go and investigate her in more depth.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #413
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I really want to ignore both Roa and phantom so they end up stuck just talking to each other. I don't want either of them to have the satisfaction of the other being lynched or of themselves being lynched.

On the other hand, I'm with Di in my curiosity.

Anyway.

I'm not even going to attempt to read through everything. Hopefully something interesting will happen before the deadline.

Aganzir has been getting tossed around quite a bit. Target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Phantom's beating the tar out of Madam Roa and vice versa, which I think is a little over the top
Interesting analysis. I rather think it's the other way around, though.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM   #414
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Yeah, wasn't clear about that, but didn't want to edit. I was referring to the big village tree.
Ah, I wasn't sure if you were being literal (threatening) or figurative.

But I am sure not to complain when I'm lynched. I like a good death scene.

And if you mount a successful campaign on me like you did to Nerwen, I shall laugh and laugh. Because being responsible for starting a bandwagon against two innocents in a row would make you the next lynch victim, to be sure. (Though, I'm really not that innocent.)
Old 06-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #415
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Interesting was Eönwë's vote (q.v.), and his previous post (q.v..) He has made one other post in the game, an in-character one. Nowhere do I see how he came to be suspicious of Fantine's motives 'the whole time'.
I was reading the thread throughout th day (at school), Its just that I by the time I'd finished reading there were always more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I am almost positive Eonwe has played before.
I have never played WW before, anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Eonwe's first post: Okay, that was really weird. Misplaced. This isn't an RPG, not even an RPG-style game. Why anyone would spend time and effort crafting such a post instead of arguing with someone or repeating obvious points or indulging in far-fetched speculation is beyond me. It almost makes me suspicious of myself for finding it suspicious.

He's either a bored innocent, a clueless innocent, or a wolf wanting to make his presence known but not wanting to give us something to chew on about himself. I don't think the EW would ask him to do that, though - that would be silly.
I'm somewhere in btween the first two (after all, I've never played any form of WW before.

Ok- thats cleared, hopefully. I've never played Werewolf.

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-05-2008 at 02:34 PM. Reason: quoting was slightly wrong
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #416
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You're quite an intriguing case, Diamond. For all the posts that you've made -- way more than the quiet players -- I can't see a single interesting point that you've offered. Well, maybe that whole bit about being a rebel and not especially on the villagers' side. And there's the questioning of the phantom for his vote, which you get 'bored' with.

But it looks to me like you're hiding in the open, and a bit eager to express how you don't really feel a part of the game -- i.e. have an evil role.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #417
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
To add to suspicious list:
-Eonwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna doesn't even put my name here, but you can tell from the post direction that it is me
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
That's what I'm doing. Or rather, I'm trying to encourage lots of reactions/talking/etc that I can look at and digest after the day is over and then start hunting Wolves.
Is that before or after you've killed them?

Anyway, I've been quite suspicious of his motives the whole time, so:
And he proceeds to vote for him. Lame reasoning, really. If there was any reasoning at all.
That was not the reason. I had already built up a whole case, but sadly never had time to post it (and now it's lost, (precious, lost!)). I was also a slight joke (Digest? Hmm?). Anyway, I still find him kinda suspicious. The "Vote me! Lynch me! scry me! curse me" idea and there's the whole "Am I a WW or am I the EW" thing too.

Anyway, I'll finish reading posts and then post my thoughts

x-ed with Cailin

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-05-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #418
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Have you ever played with Di, Cailin?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #419
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh yes, you must have. I remember your EW pick list.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #420
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Ah, but about whom would the GW think more than anyone? The EW.
Ah! the phantom is both, the good and the evil wizard at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
Everyone else seems so vanilla in comparison that I'm having trouble forming opinions or focus on any of them.
That's how I feel, too. Less joking, less niceness, more blood, please.

Well, I haven't become any wiser on who to vote for since my last post. Here's my options for today:

Somewhat suspicious
Legate, Aganzir

A vague bad feeling
Kath, Rikae, Diamond, Cailin, Roa, Lalaith, Celuien, McCaber

Not really suspicious, but not too sure
Lily, Izzy, Nilp, Sally, phantom, Lhuna, Brinniel, Ka, morm, Gwath

Rather unsuspicious
Shasta, Lommy, Eonwe, Durelin

As you can see, I have very sharp opinions on almost all of you.

edit: cross-posted with.... many
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #421
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Blargh. Every time I start to think that I'll catch up, there's just more and more.

Of course, tp and Roa sort of dominated most of the pages. I don't know what to make of the extensiveness of the argument... in some ways, I'd almost expect them to have a 'duel' if they disagreed about something - they're probably two of the (ahem) strongest personalities I've come across in werewolfing. And these loud tussles have tended to be between innocents when I've run across them before, so I think that points to both of them being non-evil - or at least that's what I hope, because if there's anyone who would be bold enough to have a very visible fight while concealing a dark secret, it would probably be one of them.

So I think I'm going to ignore the fighting for now and see what happens...

Back to reading.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #422
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Roa: ++Phantom (Phantom1)
Lhuna: ++Mac (Phantom1, Mac1)
Nilp: ++McCaber (Phantom1, Mac1, McCaber1)
Gwath: ++Lalaith (Phantom1, Mac1, McCaber1, Lalaith1)
Morm: ++Brinniel (Phantom1, Mac1, McCaber1, Lalaith1, Brinniel1)

Votes are getting extremely spread out again; Mac still looks wrong, but Legate looks worse... however, Mac's already been voted for; Legate has not. Two hours left for voting, so I'll hold off a bit.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #423
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm back, I'm back! (I'm pink, I'm pink... wait, that was different. Nevermind.)

Anyway, I see it doesn't seem that bad, only two pages while I've been away... hope to catch up in a short while! *Drowns deep into reading*
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #424
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
You're quite an intriguing case, Diamond. For all the posts that you've made -- way more than the quiet players -- I can't see a single interesting point that you've offered. Well, maybe that whole bit about being a rebel and not especially on the villagers' side. And there's the questioning of the phantom for his vote, which you get 'bored' with.
Interesting points, being helpful, talking substance etc. are so passe. I want arguments! Bitter ones! I want to read magnificent rows and passionate defenses! Sadly only Roa and phantom are delivering, though yesterday you and Newen and Mac and Legate were runners up.

tp did answer my question, sort of, by way of actually addressing Ka, and so I found it boring to pursue him any longer when I'm sure he'd just reference that post. Probably I could have gotten out some knives and gone at him, oh well at least Roa did.

Perhaps I will fabricate some harsh opinions on people to get things going.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:53 PM   #425
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Interesting points, being helpful, talking substance etc. are so passe. I want arguments! Bitter ones! I want to read magnificent rows and passionate defenses! Sadly only Roa and phantom are delivering, though yesterday you and Newen and Mac and Legate were runners up.

tp did answer my question, sort of, by way of actually addressing Ka, and so I found it boring to pursue him any longer when I'm sure he'd just reference that post. Probably I could have gotten out some knives and gone at him, oh well at least Roa did.

Perhaps I will fabricate some harsh opinions on people to get things going.
Di! How could you?! She's a wolf, I swear it, she and her fellow evil cohorts and that witch of an Evil Wizard! I swear, Diamond, I will come after you relentlessly until you have paid for what you have done!!

(How's that? )
Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #426
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

An improvement.

Shasta, weren't we wolves together once? And didn't we eat the village? Yes, yes, I do believe we did. You're one of those super uber sneaky wolves whom no one suspects, dangerous sort of fellow to have around.

I'll be watching you.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #427
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I agree with Diamond. Unfortunately, I can't fabricate passion from thin air, so it will have to wait until someone ticks me off (probably by attacking Mac ).
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #428
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
An improvement.

Shasta, weren't we wolves together once? And didn't we eat the village? Yes, yes, I do believe we did. You're one of those super uber sneaky wolves whom no one suspects, dangerous sort of fellow to have around.

I'll be watching you.
Aww look, she remembered! <3

Yes, the one time I wasn't an ordo, I was a wolf with you. I believe our cohorts were none other than Brinn and Mac, if I'm not mistaken. And I seem to remember that I wasn't the only one classified as a "sneaky" wolf, Miss Diamond.

I'll be watching you right back.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #429
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I find it funny that Isabel seems to have been quietly following in Roa's footsteps the past two days, focusing on nothing but general debates and the phantom, and yet she voted for Roa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe with accent marks
I have never played WW before, anywhere.

I'm somewhere in btween the first two (after all, I've never played any form of WW before.

Ok- thats cleared, hopefully. I've never played Werewolf.
We got the idea.

Looking back, it's interesting how much Lommy urged on the Aganzir "bandwagon," testing the waters repeatedly before making the first vote.

Shasta posted something vaguely interesting!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #430
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Cabbie

What are the odds I could go back to work now and explain this more in-depth toMorrow? Not likely, so I'll do my best in a minute or less. Cabbie's not acting right; it's hard to explain with so little time but I'll try to get a post ready for toMorrow, but at the moment he just seems off and it worries me, that and he's been quiet and all. The only real concrete evidence I've got is his Nerwen vote, but even that could have been just a poorly-placed suspicion. I don't know. I have to go. Sorry.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #431
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
++Cabbie

What are the odds I could go back to work now and explain this more in-depth toMorrow? Not likely, so I'll do my best in a minute or less. Cabbie's not acting right; it's hard to explain with so little time but I'll try to get a post ready for toMorrow, but at the moment he just seems off and it worries me, that and he's been quiet and all. The only real concrete evidence I've got is his Nerwen vote, but even that could have been just a poorly-placed suspicion. I don't know. I have to go. Sorry.
Is it just me or is this strangely reminiscent of Gwath's vote?
Old 06-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #432
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I find it funny that Isabel seems to have been quietly following in Roa's footsteps the past two days, focusing on nothing but general debates and the phantom, and yet she voted for Roa.

We got the idea.

Looking back, it's interesting how much Lommy urged on the Aganzir "bandwagon," testing the waters repeatedly before making the first vote.

Shasta posted something vaguely interesting!
Always happy to be of entertainment value.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #433
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Roa for tp
Lhuna for Mac
Nilp for McCaber
Gwath for Lal
morm for Brin
Sally for McCaber

McCaber- 2
tp- 1
Mac- 1
Lal- 1
Brin- 1
Old 06-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #434
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Phantom, I often see your side of things and give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have about double the number of posts as the next highest. Why'd you lose your ability to post like a proper player?

I'm not sure who to vote for yet. Sally still looks dodgy to me; Diamond's just itching for me to choose her ( ) and I'm suspicious of Gwathagor and Brinniel.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #435
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm. After all of the reading and attempted thinking, I'm not really any closer to definite suspicions than I was at the beginning. I wish I had time for more thorough reasoning... call this a hunch, but I do have a vaguely bad feeling about Cailín - partly for this directed at Di:
Quote:
But it looks to me like you're hiding in the open, and a bit eager to express how you don't really feel a part of the game -- i.e. have an evil role.
And I find Di unsuspicious. So...

++ Cailín
Old 06-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #436
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I'm back, I'm back! (I'm pink, I'm pink... wait, that was different. Nevermind.)
Thanks for making my reading process take even more time because after the ending I had to check if there were any "l"'s involved in the "back"s...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan to Legate
:-DDD
I must laugh at this a bit since you remind me so much of a recent RPG character of mine
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Okay, then off to talk some sense.

I cannot really understand why no one has brought up the reason that looks very obvious to me for Volo and Kit's death. They were both good players but not ones valued as much as they probably should (sort of "slip under the radar ww masters"), involved in the game in mediocre amounts and have a tendeny to survive. Perfect gifted picks for the GW? I think so, at least along with a couple more similar-style players. Now, the EW would realise this too (surely if he's trying to find gifteds?) and decide to kill them. And he got lucky with nailing the seer. I don't believe that anyone would have been able to find a seer hint from Volo's posts (maybe because I couldn't...). (Although, if I had to name a person who could have spotted Volo acting seerish, it would be a certain miss whose name begins with A and ends with r...)

As for Roa and phantom, I wasn't as foolish as some *coughMaccough* to skip their debate. It lead me to believe that at least one of them is evil. The possible combinations are (innocent means ordo, gifted or GW here) EW+wolf, wolf+wolf (I can so see the Ew telling them to keep fighting and take all the attention, this also goes for the possibility of either of them actually being the EW), wolf+innocent (again, EW wanting to stir more trouble and mislead the village) or even EW + innocent, but that seems a little improbable. Because of this, I'm very inclined to vote one of them toDay, probably tp, because he seems less innocent and is less reasonable and to be honest is more annoying. (Besides, reading the thread becomes far less time-consuming if we kill him off... )

I could also vote Agan, she keeps being very odd and jumpy. Of other I really can't say. I would need more time to think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Frankly, I got annoyed with her later in the day. It's ok if someone just says I don't sit right with them, but I disliked the way she started to use her RL knowledge of me as a basis for accusations (see, now everyone for instance thinks that I'd love to be the EW which is something she invented herself, and besides she was wrong).
Now sorry dear but this is plain jumpy once aga(i)n. I don't really understand why you criticise me for using my knowledge of you. I use my knowledge of everybody all the time. Frankly, such thing could not be forbidden or else we (meaning all us ww players) could not play unless we had never met one another before anywhere. It's pointless to separate some knowledge to be RL-knowledge and some to be BD-knowledge. If I had some extra knowledge of some player from PMs or MSN, which one would it be? If I had some extra knowledge of some player because of reading some BD thread, which one would it be? Plain silly. I can tell you that even if I didn't know you from RL, I would guess that you'd enjoy being a wizard, especially the evil one. You know, it kind of glows of you... *Mr Hugo expression* Lastly, I never claimed you said you wanted to be the EW. I only stated it as my opinion of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, of me
And thus far she has always said she can't really read me (which, I think, is not something every player here knows), and now all of a sudden she claims to be the one who can figure me out the best (yes, she said she usually can't, but the way she behaves suggests completely the opposite).
I do not claim that! I definitely don't! I don't think that way! (Hey, using more exclamation marks than Legate... ) Really, that was a bad accusation. Are you just annoyed that for once I have an inkling that you're evil, I'm not clueless once again? Or are you annoyed because I dare to suspect you more than probably ever before? Whatever, it's silliness. I'm far from confident of your guilt, but I do suspect you. I don't claim I know you're guilty. I don't. I just have a bad feeling about you and I can't see what's so wrong with it...

Sorry for getting a bit heated but Agan's points annoy me.

The last thing that really stands out to me that I don't like it how Rikae first plays the idea of being a wolf and then jokes about being EW as her previous and future initials are E.W. Okay, I can understand the latter as it's quite funny, but combined it to the "I'm a wolf"-comment it is worth a little eyebrow-raising...

edit: xed with tp, Cailie and Cel
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #437
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
Hmm. After all of the reading and attempted thinking, I'm not really any closer to definite suspicions than I was at the beginning. I wish I had time for more thorough reasoning... call this a hunch, but I do have a vaguely bad feeling about Cailín - partly for this directed at Di:

And I find Di unsuspicious. So...

++ Cailín
What a bizarre reason for a vote.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:40 PM   #438
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lommy starts her Day 1 by saying that our primary duty is to find and lynch the wolves but be aware of EWish vibes as well, and if we think someone looks more like the EW than anyone looks like a wolf, she should be lynched. Well yes it all looks sensible and nice, but I honestly don't know whether it's because I have "decided" Lommy must be a baddie and therefore interpret everything in that light, or if it really is somehow too nice. Ok, maybe better I quote it.
Quote:
Our primary duty is to find the wolves. If we find the EW, it's good, but it's not what we should be precisely aiming at. So, in my opinion, we should concentrate on finding wolves, but be aware of EWish vibes as well, and we should primarily lynch wolves, but if someone looks more like EW than anyone looks like a wolf, we should go on and vote him. Like Aunt Izzie and my dear big brother Mac said, there really is no contradiction here. I think it's more a question of priorities.
The "perfect opinion". It nicely covers every aspect of the who-should-be-looked-for thing and looks ah so sweet and innocent a wolf would love to look.

Lommy suggests the EW can be found by looking at how living people have treated the dead wolves. She says herself it's not much, and I'm quite inclined to agree with her. I am pretty sure the EW can play well enough not to look like she was somehow connected to the wolves, and if she doesn't reveal her identity to the wolves she shouldn't have a reason to worry about them either. However, innocent people may have - and most likely some actually have - treated the wolves so that it looks like they were in cahoots with them. The suggestion, however innocent it looks like, is likely to cause more harm than good (or then Lommy is just being very optimistic, which, mind you, is not characteristical for her).

Eek, I don't sit right with Lommy after one in character post in which I jokingly accused people on basis of their family relations or occupation. She explains her dislike for me with RL reasons:
Quote:
This rather unchaste young girl, Aganzir, doesn't quite sit right with me. To be honest, something in her cheery and flirty manner annoys me. (I wonder if it's because I can imagine what sort of extremely irritating expression characteristic to her she is having when smirking behind her laptotp and typing. ) Normally, when she grabs my attention this way, she's innocent (she's more careful as a wolf, I think), but now my gut feeling tells me that might not be so. I'm keeping an eye on her.
She promises to keep an eye on me, and in her next post these RL reasons have become serious suspicion.

Quote:
THE Ka seems a bit too confused to be a wizard, or a wolf either. But one should not forget how treacherous she can be...
I don't like comments like these. "She looks innocent but don't forget she can be treacherous and deceive you! Keep an eye on her! Don't let the innocent-looking pass!"
Wolves just want to create havoc, and one way is to confuse people by saying something like this.

Quote:
Well, I'm not commenting on Volo's slip because it still baffles me (even though he did explain it - that explanation was a little fishy btw), but I don't certainly think there's anything wrong with Greenie pointing it out: I would have done that had I spotted it.
There again.
Somehow she seems to pick those she accuses and who defends in a nice way; disagrees with some loudmouths to a convenient extent, not enough to make them suspect her but enough not to look like she was trying to gain allies or be nice. And it's defending people that gives allies, not agreeing with them.

She cannot say exactly why I remind her of Agan-wolf who didn't know her fellows but there's "a freaky similarity".
I'd really like to know more about that "freaky similarity".

Quote:
But if we better wolf candidates, I'm all for keeping her as she's quite sharp and can benefit us as much as her own team.
This quote just makes me nervous. I don't really know a certain reason but I'll try to elaborate.
"I know she's innocent/the EW wants her dead, let's see if I could get people to suspect her. If not I'll vote someone else, he-he, now I say this so no one really wonders if I drop my suspicion later."

Quote:
Oh but this is a very good point. Where is her characteristic cheer and carelessness? Is it just because this so different from any other game she's played this far, or are there more sinister reasons behind this?
Someone already mentioned this but I want to bring it up again. I have more than once seen wolves phrase their suspicion like that, as a question that's just supposed to make people feel a bit uneasy. "Is it because of x, or could there be more sinister reasons?" I'm not saying innocents don't do it as well, but more rarely than wolves I think.

She seizes on McCab saying he will return with some more solid info. I guess I'm not the best one to accuse anyone of suspecting someone because of how something is phrased, but seizing on one single word is beyond even me.

Quote:
Still, I do not advise you to trust my judgement of any of them. It is probably as biased and faulty as that of someone who does not know them as well as I do. In fact, Agan is better at fooling me than most other ww players I've played with.
Now this is true, and it's the only thing she could have said there because I would have complained otherwise.

She said if she doesn't have suspicions by the time she leaves, she will vote for a submarine. Well what was suspecting me then? Not a suspicion?

Then...
Quote:
I'd love to vote Agan and I know Brinn and Volo could do that too, but that really isn't much as tp already has 4 votes... I know I don't really enjoy him being around as he's mostly baffling and a nuisance but lynching him, I think, would be a mistake...
Oh now suddenly that there are other people to vote for me I'm a suspect again! By the way did you notice how Lommy grew nastier and more confident when people actually started to agree with her? In the beginning it was all the same for her whether I'd be lynched or not and now she'd love to vote for me.

Then she could vote for me or Kath (whom she hadn't really mentioned if I remember correctly, too lazy to go back to check but she definitely hadn't suspected her).

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Now, what do you know about Agan? Do you think she is the sort who would volunteer to be a Wizard? Does she have time for it?
Big yes to both. And she'd sell her soul to be the EW.
Ai ai ai. If you want to know, I do have the time, I volunteered for the EW when Nog encouraged people to do so (mightn't have otherwise), wasn't chosen and that's it. And I'm just happy I wasn't since when I think about it I'm really not sure if I could have handled it.

Quote:
And you've said that so many times that it starts to be a suspicious statement, especially now as you're really only in a tiny danger of actually getting lynched.
I don't consider having the second most votes "a tiny danger".

Lommy's points against me are taken out of thin air. It looks much more like a deliberate decision to start to suspect someone than actual suspicion because someone is suspicious - gradually switching from random IC reasons to gut feelings and then making my posts look suspicious.

Yes, I admit that I am suspicious of her because she is of me, but because I know I am innocent and her suspicion doesn't make sense (well and she hasn't been doing much else than accusing me so maybe it's understandable?).

I'm pretty positive Lommy isn't the EW though, she is too daring and suspicious to be that. I'd expect the EW to keep a bit lower profile and not looking so plain wolfish. A wolf with orders to create as much havoc and lynch as many innocents as possible, and maybe cover the EW & the other wolves' tracks. Just what I would have told Lommy if I had been the EW and picked her. Suits her nature well.

And good work Lommy, because I didn't even think you might be a wolf before you started accusing me.

I'm most probably going to vote for her today.

edit: xed since phantom's #411
Old 06-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #439
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, that post looks stupid because it's missing my original quotation.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:46 PM   #440
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Phantom, I often see your side of things and give you the benefit of the doubt, but you have about double the number of posts as the next highest. Why'd you lose your ability to post like a proper player?
Heh heh... Actually that's pretty typical. Do you recall Fea's game? I had over 100 posts just on that thread. Mith kept track of posting counts. I found this one on one of the latter pages-
Quote:
the phantom- 95
The Saucepan Man- 54
Mithalwen- 43
Diamond18- 35
Kath- 16
I have almost twice as many as SPM! That's quite an accomplishment if you ask me.

So really, this is pretty standard stuff from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
probably tp, because he seems less innocent and is less reasonable
Maybe less innocent, but I have not been less reasonable. Her attack post was a series of misquotes and grasping. I've been rather reasonable I'm thinking.