The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #281
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Thinlo, if you are around...what do you think about Firefoot?
I don't honestly know. My first impression was that she's innocent, but after numerous rereads and some good points against her I'm not too sure anymore... I think I'd rather see Durelin dead than her, but I need to think more about it.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #282
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I still distrust Lal but this is perhaps not the moment to go for a lone crusade. I am leaning towards Rune but I am not certain.. however ..I really want to go soon .. bit of a dilemma given the seriouslness of the situation haizzzzzzzzz

Not inclined ot vote for Morm, or Rikae or firefoot of current voteessince they haven't rung alarm bells..of course they may just be subtle....
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #283
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'd love to vote morm, but it'd be quite pointless at this phase...
Old 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #284
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Well Mith, if Lal's a wolf I deserve to be dead because she has such a beautiful way with words and has been one of the most active villagers today. Her insight has truly been remarkable. Lal warned before she was not so new to this, but I would still expect some sort of reserved attitude if she was a wolf. Lal I think has contributed the most useful 'evidence' (if you want to use such a word).

I'm curious as to why there are no alarms being raised to you about Firefoot? Any particular reason for feeling this way about her?
Old 02-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #285
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, Boro...are you a Seer, too, who has dreamt of Lommy and found her innocent?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #286
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'm curious as to why there are no alarms being raised to you about Firefoot? Any particular reason for feeling this way about her?
This was to me...? No, I don't have a particular reason, it's more that she does not seem - or at least didn't seem - overtly suspicious. It's also partly gut-feeling and partly because of some of the earliest things she said on day1 - they didn't strike me as wolvish back then, now I'm not too sure - and because I think she has some good points in which I very much agree with her (which, I should know, doesn't necessarily mean she's innocent). So it's kind of all mixed up mess of other people's incriminating opinions, she being innocent -gut feeling, me being confused, her good reasoning and some hairy things about her.

I might be persuaded to vote her, but I still think Durelin's more wolvish.

EDIT: xed with Durelin
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #287
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Durelin, the sarcasm is not really needed here. No I am the hunter, my questioning is trying to get information, so let me do my own thing!

The wolves may have figured that at least one Ranger would have protected me, so they stayed away yesterday. Or knowing that I have a better chance to get one of them at night, somebody I mentioned as 'odd/suspicious' could have been a wolf, so they feared to go after me as one of them could very well have ended up dead.

Those I suspected the most yesterday:

Volo (innocent)
Celuien (innocent)
Lal
Rune

Hmm...I'm wondering here about Rune...I really don't find Lal suspicious at all, but Rune I thought was a bit out of sync yesterday...and I'm afraid for most of this day I've been thinking about Firefoot, Mith, and Lommy and have completely forgotten about how I felt about Rune.

Edit: x-ed with Lommy, actually no that one was addressed to Mith...but thanks for answering.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:00 PM   #288
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm really starting to hate my schedule. It makes me look horrible.

My first vote yesterday was made in something of a rush since I woke up late and didn't have much time. Then I surprisingly made it home to have to catch up to a whole bunch of stuff, so even though I voted how I really thought, it looked like I joined a bandwagon for Volo just because I had to read everything at once.

Now today I haven't been able to post at all, and there's a whole coalition forming against me. Ugh. And now I have to respond to everything... and it seems terribly jumbled and rushed. Here goes anyway.
Quote:
Firefoot wanted me lynched, than suddenly changed and unconditionally accepted me as the hunter. Kind of odd, it came off to me as 'Oh you're the hunter. I'm sorry, time to change.'
I don't understand this accusation. He claimed to be the hunter - what am I supposed to do? "He's says he's the hunter, let's lynch him anyway to find out if it's true"? I haven't "unconditionally" accepted you as the hunter, and even said so yesterday. I don't understand why it would have made sense for me to leave my vote for you.

I am still extremely suspicious of Ang and would like to vote for him today - however, if I need to save myself, I'll vote for someone else. Unfortunately, I'm not very suspicious of Durelin or Lommy - hopefully someone else would pick up a vote if this is how it works out. Otherwise I think Lommy would get my vote.

I have been thinking about Farael's insistance that Lommy is a wolf - especially with claims like "trust me, she's a wolf." It makes me wonder if he doesn't have some seer-like ability... but everyone's saying that this is pretty normal for him, so maybe not. Farael kind of confuses me.

And Lal - my vote is still to come, as well...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #289
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Well Mith, if Lal's a wolf I deserve to be dead because she has such a beautiful way with words and has been one of the most active villagers today. Her insight has truly been remarkable. Lal warned before she was not so new to this, but I would still expect some sort of reserved attitude if she was a wolf. Lal I think has contributed the most useful 'evidence' (if you want to use such a word).

Firefoot just seems so calm and reasonable.. but then she always does ...

As for Lal, my assessment remains different.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 02-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #290
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Than by all means Mith, share that assessment. What is it about Lal that looks so suspicious to you?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #291
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Read what I posted this morning I don't have tinme to type it again .

++ Lalwende
Old 02-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #292
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Anguirel

I'm hoping to prompt another vote or two for him if I do... if it doesn't work within the next 20 minutes or so, I may have to switch. I just don't have time left in the Day to go through everyone's posts for today more thoroughly to construct new theories/suspicions.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #293
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Here - her later posts seem "parasitic" for want of a better word.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #294
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lommy 2, Rikae 1, Farael 1, Morm 1, Durelin 2, Firefoot 2, Rune 1, Ang 1, Lal 1

Geez...that's an insane vote spread... Though I'm glad to see there isn't the same sort of "consensus" there was yesterDay...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #295
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Firefoot, I don't actually think our Malta-discusser here is a wolf. I think he's either the cobbler (which means we just have to watch him and not take him too seriously) or innocent. This is what I've been thinking about him for a while now. Other the me, hardly anyone (maybe Durelin?), who's still around has suspected him, so I doubt you'll get much support to your campaign.

EDIT: xed with Mith and Dury
Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #296
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am inclined to think Ang is just what he says....
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #297
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Thank you Mith, I must have missed that post, as I just remembered you commenting on her playing 'uber cautious,' Mith looks pretty innocent now, I feel safe with her.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #298
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was trying to avoid this by distracting myself and watching King Arthur, knowing how indecisive I am, but you've drawn me in again when the slow soppy bit came on.

Firefoot's defence is interesting. She gives a good case for switching to supporting Boro. And of course we must bear in mind that Boro may not be what he says he is, despite the trust some of us have, but who could indeed argue with a case like the one he stated? I am thinking...

Let's hope the Pictish battle distracts me...

But that list remains that stems from my deductions about the deaths of Roa and Mac following the votes for Gil. And the list was:

Mithalwen, Farael, Eomer, Morm, Celuien (x-ed from Naria), Firefoot (x-ed from Boro), Rikae (x-ed from Anguirel)

If I eliminate Firefoot then I'm left with a core of Mithalwen, Farael, Morm - and of course Gil the ringleader who has been awfully quiet. All of these have been acting oddly. Gil has barely posted. Mithalwen seems quite taciturn and snappy compared to yesterday. Farael is very aggressive of course and nearly got my vote. Morm claimed to be using a new strategy of not saying much and then came out with a fairly long post earlier on.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #299
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well Iam going in a couple of minutes so any attempts to change my mind will have ot be jolly quick..
Old 02-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #300
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
That is an insane vote spread. Of the three front runners, one looks the most wolfish.

--Morm

++Durelin
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #301
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Durelin, what do you think of Firefoot?

EDIT: xed with everything from #297 --->
Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #302
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
That is an insane vote spread.
Agreed, though it's a pity that the chance of getting morm lynched toDay just went whizzzzzing by.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #303
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Other the me, hardly anyone (maybe Durelin?), who's still around has suspected him, so I doubt you'll get much support to your campaign.
I suppose you're probably right.

--Anguirel

Of those remaining who have votes, I'd be willing to vote for basically anyone who currently has one vote. I think it's possible that any of them could be a wolf. I don't want to vote for Lommy, and I don't think that Durelin is a wolf - I don't really want to see either of them (or myself) lynched today.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #304
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Agreed, though it's a pity that the chance of getting morm lynched toDay just went whizzzzzing by.
Well, if you, me, and... someone else...?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #305
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I feel like Firefoot is innocent. She's been straight-forward, I think. Her flat-out statement that she will vote to save herself I think makes her seem innocent. I'm not positive why, but I don't see a Wolf just putting that out there. Rather, a Wolf would try and keep the suspicion in another "strong suspicion direction"...which obviously leads straight to me. I don't know, though. That's just a feeling. Just like I have a feeling that Ang's innocent... Blah.

There are still at least four votes (counting retractables) out there...right? morm, or anyone really, could be lynched...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #306
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I've reached the conclusion that today I won't vote for Thinlo, late today she's calmed a bit of my nerves about her. It's coming down to Durelin (who's greatly rising in suspicion) and Firefoot (who has and still remains so despite her hatred of her schedule).

If I'm not alive in the morning, I will agree with Thinlo in that we should definitely take a look at morm, a player like him simply can't slip off into the background and be forgotten.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #307
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Mormegil

He's not at the top of my list, but he's certainly above Durelin and Lommy, and he seems most likely to be lynched. I really hope he's a wolf.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #308
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I think good points have been made against morm and against Lal, so I could vote for either of them.

I know hoping to lynch Rikae is a lost cause, even though I still suspect her very much, particularly now that she has conveniently switched her vote near the deadline...again...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #309
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot, you're convincing me. Which of course will have implications of who I go for on the next day...and having Durelin's support is good as I trust her.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #310
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Taciturn? LOL .... No..

Snappy yes maybe.... I loathe having to repetitions and I have spent far too long gawpingat a screen and not getting anywhere.....

So long
Old 02-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #311
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Durelin

That was because of self-preservation, I admit: I know I'm innocent, but I don't know about Durelin.

Would there be enough votes for morm? I'd be happy to change if there's support.

edit: mass x-posting
Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #312
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

++mormegil
Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #313
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Okay, now I have to do this:

I'm one of the two remaining Rangers...please don't lynch me.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #314
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Let's have at it.

-- Firefoot

++ Mormegil

I think Mithalwen is the cobbler. No, I'm pretty sure she is in fact because of that Boro thing, and she's dropped him today faster than a bowl of hot coals, but I am more suspicious Morm is one of the wolves.

So that's it.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #315
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

--Durelin
++mormegil

Durelin dies if no one else votes morm.

edit: xed with Dury and Lal... ouch! had I been a minute earlier!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #316
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I thought there would have been, but I missed that Rikae was the one who had voted Morm previously. No, I don't think so, since Durelin would have reached three votes first, unless someone else would change.

Lommy, I think you're safe either way. You'd have to pick up two more votes to be lynched.

x-posting...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #317
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry, guys...I freaked, because last time I thought I had time right before the deadline I found out that I didn't...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #318
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Hmm... I'm messing this up. Actually, even if I'd been earlier, that wouldn't have helped.

Good point Lal, Mith might be the cobbler since she's posting her confused role-speculation all the time... maybe to get us confused? As interesting that theory is, I still think it's more probable that she's innocent innocent.

edit: xposting with the last 2 posts
Old 02-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #319
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I would change but I'm out of votes! Somebody...hurry up and vote!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #320
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Morm is on my list. I thought it was time to go with my gut feelings - last time I ignored them I missed the wolf. Firefoot is convincing me, and I trust Durelin too as honest. I am thrown out for the next Day though as I've resorted to my indecisiveness...

...and I missed the Picts.