The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #481
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++RIKAE

I'll guess you other guys feel more like lynching Kath... but Rikae must die too and unlike Kath, she's not probably killed by Mr. Bond, if I read him correctly. So...

~*~

I'm going to my friend's place, and I'll be back later if she allows me to use their computer...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #482
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
The one reason that I'm hesitant about a Lal-Kath-Rikae triumvirate is obvious it would be - all three of them voting for me yesterday? Kath was first, fine, and Lal didn't have much choice - but it would have been easier for Rikae to jump the bandwagon, if at all possible.

It's one thing for the wolves to want to protect each other in this game to keep their two kills, but I would think that it would stop at some point. Maybe, if Rikae is a wolf, she ended up getting stuck at the end, having been too vocal one way there was no way to unsuspiciously switch.

For now:

++Kath

I'll be back just before the deadline.

x-posting with Lommy...

That makes the vote

Lommy - 1
Rikae - 1
Kath - 1
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 AM   #483
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry ..only just been able to get online for the first time since Saturday night .. big relief to find out that Lal was a wolf..... need to read up and will be back later til near the close again ...... our position is so much stronger noe ..lets get it right

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:53 AM   #484
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If I had to vote now it would be Rikae ....

Lommy I am inclined to trust still becusue she "put me on to Lal" originally but I just want to have another look at that in case it was a strategic mention that got taken too seriously.....

Farael, I thought innocent but of course the staying in applies as much to a wolf as an ordo.....

So I think it is safe to carry on with the assumption that Ang and Boro are what they say they are. I know I am innocent which leaves:

Firefoot
Farael
Kath
Lommy
Rikae.

2 wolves, 2 ordos, 1 ranger.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #485
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I know I'm innocent, and I trust Boro.

Thinlómien - She was the last to vote for Lal yesterday - could be wolf-on-wolf, realizing she had no other choice.
Kath - I see the point about her posts about Lal; she did seem to be both accusing/exonerating her in a wolfish fashion.
Boromir88 - Has my trust.
Mithalwen - Looks innocent, more so because of the way she was going after Lal specifically before she was generally suspected.
Farael - Just because he's busy doesn't mean he's not a wolf. He could be a busy wolf.
Anguirel - I'm not inclined to ask him to prove his giftedness; he might decide to prove it by killing me!
Firefoot - One of the first votes for Lal, before anything was decided - makes her look more innocent.

I'll most likely vote for Lommy or Kath
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #486
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Correction: Firefoot's was the third vote for Lal. It pushed her into the lead - I doubt a wolf would have done that.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #487
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I want to survive this village, which means killing two wolves today. So I probably won't slash the throat of whoever seems to be the leading lynch candidate.

Like Firefoot, I (as I suggested yesterday) think there must be a wolf lurking outside of the party that suspects her.

I am not at all suspicious of Mithalwen and not very suspicious of Farael.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:16 AM   #488
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Thinlómien - She was the last to vote for Lal yesterday - could be wolf-on-wolf, realizing she had no other choice.
A bit feeble logic, Rikae. As you can see, I was ready to vote her quite early, but just didn't, because I thought something important that might sway my opinion could happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quivering Zabaglione a.k.a. James Bond
I want to survive this village, which means killing two wolves today. So I probably won't slash the throat of whoever seems to be the leading lynch candidate.

Like Firefoot, I (as I suggested yesterday) think there must be a wolf lurking outside of the party that suspects her.

I am not at all suspicious of Mithalwen and not very suspicious of Farael.
That means you're going to kill me toDay? (Obviously, since you seem to trust the other Lal-voters...) Why don't you say it aloud? Do you think I wouldn't catch it? How would that help you?
Killing me won't help you to survive this village, I'm afraid. However, it's not a disaster if you kill me since we can afford losing an innocent toDay (or actually two innocents, mathematically speaking). Like you, I would however like to survive this village, but I understand one has to bear with the whims of the weapon-obsessed maniacs sometimes if they're on the same side...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #489
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
So far I would feel much better about lynching Kath today than Rikae. Kath kept up that suspect-defend and defend Lal because of her newbieness, that I think definitely looks like a wolf. And if we are right, than I will really start worrying about Thinlo as our last wolf. As I think the last wolf is down to either Rikae or Thinlo. If Mith, Firefoot, or Farael are wolves, Eru help us.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #490
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
And if we are right, than I will really start worrying about Thinlo as our last wolf.
Right about what?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #491
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Right about Kath about being a wolf, because at all costs I want to see her lynched and hopefully we can get that.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #492
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Right about Kath about being a wolf, because at all costs I want to see her lynched and hopefully we can get that.
Ah, I see. I might switch my vote to her if there's no support for killing Rikae. I'd just love to see her dead (nothing personal ), because I'm pretty convinced she's a wolf. It would be so neat if we killed her and Anguirel Bond would kill Kath, but I think that seems unprobable right now, since I seem to be the only one who really suspects Rikae... *sigh*
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #493
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
May I ask a question before you condemn me? Why am I suspected only of thinking Lal innocent? Yes I have now been proved wrong, but I'm not suspected because I think Mith innocent, or Lommy. We have no proof that either of those is innocent or guilty. Is it merely because you agree with me on those points that you must jump on the other? I know I was wrong about Lal, but yesterDay I didn't think I was.

To answer Lommy: I have been quite silent. I've actually had far less time to spend here than I thought I would (a social life suddenly appeared out of nowhere!), and that wasn't helped by the fact that the internet here has been failing on a regular basis. In addition, I've not been doing 'proper' analyses, so I probably do look quieter anyway.

My opinions remain the same as they did yesterDay, and again I am going to vote early.

++FIREFOOT

She has only become helpful after suspicion was placed upon her.

Ah well, it was nice playing with you all anyway.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:00 AM   #494
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Kath it's not quietness or your defense of Lal that makes you look like a wolf. It's the way you've defended Lal, using her relative newness as an excuse for her.

Lommy, I don't know what it is about Rikae, there's some things that just look like a wolf, and then she just does stuff that I would totally not expect if she was a wolf. For instance I was thinking if Rikae came in here and started apologizing for how wrong she was about Lal, I would have a strong feeling she's a wolf, but she didn't. She simply accepted she was wrong and moved on...that's what gets me nervous about voting for Rikae. I feel much better about Kath.

Quote:
It would be so neat if we killed her and Anguirel Bond would kill Kath~Thinlo
Whoever said Anguirel had to kill Kath? We can lynch whoever and Ang can kill whoever.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #495
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Whoever said Anguirel had to kill Kath? We can lynch whoever and Ang can kill whoever.
I was referring to Anguirel's words late yesterDay, when he said he might slaughter Kath...

But Boro, Rikae has to be a wolf. Who else could be?
Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #496
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Anyway, I'll go now.

Choose well, it'd be nice to lynch a wolf toDay.
But it's alright as long as you don't lynch the last remaining ranger.
We can afford lynching an ordo, even though that would not be very wise.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #497
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Quite frankly, you, Mith, Firefoot, or Farael. Just because I believe them to be innocent right now doesn't mean I'm writing them off as sure innocents.

I'm pretty confident Farael, Mith, and Firefoot are not wolves, but that doesn't mean they aren't.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #498
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlomien
Well, Lommy m'dear, that's a rather easily answered question. You could be.

Your tentative assault on Firefoot today, your suggestion, some time after my revelation, that Farael could yet prove me wrong, your apprehension about my task as assassin, your request for patience - which I acknowledged - and your paranoia now...

Looks quite consistent to me actually. But I shall put the cat among the pigeons by voting to lynch you...

Besides, that comment about beta- and alpha- wolves had the lineaments of a knowing smirk.

But I may change my mind yet.

++LOMMY
Old 02-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #499
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am here and pondering... Rikae I wonder if she is innocent ... surely the attempt to save Lal was too clumsy ?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #500
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Helllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo?

Boro? Ang? Anyone?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #501
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm here now on and off, Mith. As I intimated towards the end of yesterday, I'm also leaning towards thinking Rikae innocent. I don't subscribe to the view that either Rikae or Firefoot must be guilty...who was it who suggested things lay in that direction? I'll go back and check.

At the moment I think the best bet for victory today is to kill, through stabbing and/or lynching, Lommy and Kath. I'd be flabbergasted if neither proved to be wolves.

In such a worst case scenario - if two innocents died today and one tonight - three villagers would face two wolves, but I would hope some unity might yet prevail. I might even risk having another kill tonight in such a situation, so narrowed down would my suspect list then be...though the risk would be total failure.

To be honest, I've stayed my hand for some time and am feeling really quite bloodthirsty...
Old 02-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #502
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Discount most of my post above - if we mess up spectacularly today and kill two innocents the wolves win unless I succeed in transfixing one tonight.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #503
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Argh...I forgot to count myself...my first scenario was right after all.

I shall post examining the voting records of my main suspects - Lommy, Kath and Rikae. Oh, and, blast it all, I'll examine Farael as well. Don't want to lose to Nilp-esque tactics again!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #504
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh good ..... I think we would be spectaculary unlucky to get that..... I mean they can only kill one of us tonight. They are unlikely to go for Boro sinceIf I understand correctly he would be almost certain to hit at least one wolf among his 3. They are more likely to go for you or me - and since I hope you can be protected I think it would be me tonight..... so finishing this today would be good!
I am sure in worst case scenario you and boro could find the wrongun..... it owuld be like when I rumbled you that time .... so much easier when you have a very limited choice and read back thinking which is more likely...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #505
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

If I lived to the end, my dagger could also stop any finnicky vote tricksiness.

Ha. I am so not an Athenian radical democrat...

I'm going to count Firefoot into my vote analysis too. For two long I've been deliberately refusing to consider her because she was clearly the object of a death-campaign by the wolves. I still think her guilt is very unlikely, but I will not rule it out.

Oh, and would anyone mind if I skewered Kath? Nowish? Some medium rare wolf steak for supper?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #506
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

The thing that gets me worried about Rikae is there was very little interaction between her and Lal until yesterday. The distancing between the two definitely looks quite wolvish...as the only comment I found between the two was the one I noted in the first post of the day. Which I find as a rather awkward defense of Lal. Until yesterday there it looked like Rikae and Lal were trying to stay distant from eachother, and I would surely call that wolvish.

That got me thinking of would a wolf make such an ardent defense of another wolf? And I think so if they believed that was their best chance of winning. With Lal going down, it would be much better for a wolf to passionately defend her, than to switch and join everyone else. That's what worries me about Rikae...but I definitely think Kath is the one I will vote for today, as I feel more confident that Kath is a wolf.

Lommy is also really worrying me today, it's like she is forcing the fact that both Kath and Rikae must be wolves and who else could it be? That worries me.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #507
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I guess I'll cast my vote now. I still think Lommy and Kath are most likely the wolves; since Ang is planning to deal with Kath, I'll vote for:

++Lommy

... and we may just win this today!

EDIT: X'd with Boro.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #508
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel

Oh, and would anyone mind if I skewered Kath? Nowish? Some medium rare wolf steak for supper?

Well if you are peckish....

Old 02-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #509
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

All this role reversal, villagers dining on wolves, is very much in keeping with the spirit of my own modded extravaganza...

I need to kill an hour before the deadline, for Nogrod's ease. The most widely assumed candidate is Kath. Sorry, Boro, to deprive you of your favourite lynchee.

I'm as perplexed by the Lommy/Rikae puzzle as anyone, but I think the answer lies with one of them. Vote as your inclinations lead you. I found Rikae's last post startlingly suspicious; but then Lommy's every move has been the model of an alpha-wolf.

Kath the Weaver, in the name of the good Elvenking Finrod Felagund I slay you now.

++I choose to assassinate Kath.

She is now slain, come the deadline, and there is no point lynching her...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #510
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh so we have to wait? Bother ....

Old 02-05-2007, 02:36 PM   #511
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Only htought is we have a ranger unaccounted for.... can be hard to distinguish wolvishness from giftedness - I had thought farael.. but ..

Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #512
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ang, ya make my job harder, I get it. Well, that does take Kath out of the equation.

Another thing that's strange about Lommy, I found was this:
Quote:
Anyway, I'll go now.

Choose well, it'd be nice to lynch a wolf toDay.
But it's alright as long as you don't lynch the last remaining ranger.
We can afford lynching an ordo, even though that would not be very wise.
I don't like this tone of we can afford to lynch a few innocents if we're wrong sort of thing, just so we don't lynch teh last ranger.

Then her constant insistance that she knows she's innocent. That's another strange thing, and it's a rather ambigious thing. As a wolf I would make those comments, and it's not really a lie, because a wolf (from their perspective) will say they're innocent...as from the wolves perspective they are innocent. The constant insistance that she knows she's innocent is another suspicious looking thing. It's like she's trying to force feed it to us, and force feed it to us that Kath and Rikae must be the last two wolves.

I'm curious too that Thinlo wanted Morm lynched so badly, and it was Morm (as well as Firefoot) who commented that Thinlo was just looking way too confident this time. One thing which I now definitely agree with, Thinlo is looking very confident.

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much and Lommy is right...gah. Oh Rikae, curious how do you feel about Kath?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #513
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

As I said earlier, I've found her suspicious since finding out Lal was a wolf. From the beginning, her posts seemed to be designed to protect Lal without overtly defending her, plus her very early vote for Firefoot; before I even noticed that slip, looks premeditated. I now tend to trust Firefoot because of her vote yesterday.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #514
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My vote for Lommy will stand - I shan't be back tonight. I suspect I was guarded last night, and that I shall die this eve if we do not choose extremely wisely, but I hope to take a beast with me. Perhaps the last one.

Goodbye, my friends! I am merry to the end...I think...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #515
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

The thing that gets me about lommy is that although I picked up her suggestion about Lal ..she didn't really follow when I tried to run with it ... much later in the day she said Lal seemed odd for something else but no consideration of voting for her .....
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #516
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I don't think it will matter but does Kath's vote stand if she is dead?

Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #517
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I don't think it will matter but does Kath's vote stand if she is dead?
All votes that have been cast during the Day will count. No one dies before the deadline or loses her/his right to speak until the Day is over.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #518
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ok .. think it has got to be Lommy or Rikae ....

Now leaning towards Lommy but far from certain ... Rikae, I haven't played with before so have no prior experience - but she has ploughed such a conspicuously individual furrow that it seems so unlikely for a wolf ... but maybe she is just a freespirit aieeeeeeeee
Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #519
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm optimistic about this Day right now. I would be extremely shocked if neither Kath nor Lommy was a wolf and slightly surprised if both weren't.

--Kath

++Lommy
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #520
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I think that is 3 votes for Lommy (Firefoot, Farael, Ang)
1for Firefoot (Kath)
I for Rikae (Lommy)

Has Rikae voted and I've missedit..I don't htink Boro has....