The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #321
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Ack! I just have time to get on quick and vote (due to RL) I may have time to pop in again before the deadline, but I am not sure.

++Spawn

She has been acting off her game and it worries me. I just have expected more from her.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #322
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Yes. All those who had posted at that point had made just one or two posts, so I could have chosen anyone and it would still have been the same situation. Ff is expressing her point quite coolly, but if she's a WP she knows not to overreact, and I think an innocent villager would probably have left it without a comment.
I did leave it without a comment... until two or three people were already discussing it.

My suspicions of Encai are starting to lessen, since I'm not sure that a wolf would spend all that time going through post counts of old games. That seems more like an innocent just trying to do anything that might possibly help find a wolf.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #323
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Mac for Dead-Eonwe
Di for Spawn
Ang for Enca
Naria for Spawn

There are still six votes out there, and only 45 minutes to vote. Things will probably get busy sometime soon.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #324
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
My suspicions of Encai are starting to lessen, since I'm not sure that a wolf would spend all that time going through post counts of old games. That seems more like an innocent just trying to do anything that might possibly help find a wolf.
Sure.

Then again, it could be a wolf tossing out a lot of information that obviously took some time to gather in an attempt to look innocent, knowing full well that the results probably won't yield anything concrete (because of things like village make-up and situation that can't be taken into account in post counts).
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #325
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The clock is ticking and I'm really not sure who to vote for. Above all things I do not want to bandwagon... I am considering voting for Naria because she has barely contributed anything. I understand this is in part due to RL, but even her list of suspicion in post #298 really doesn't say anything.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #326
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I'm afraid I can't stay awake till the end. I'll be around for a couple more minutes, but here's my vote anyway.

++Naria

Based on Boro's actions I find Naria suspicious. She's so quiet that we will never find out by analysing her posts if she's guilty or not, and even if she's not, she certainly isn't helping much in catching the WPs.

Good Night, choose well!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #327
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*sigh* so quiet today....

I really feel the need to vote with my gut again today so it will be either

Anguirel
Firefoot
Naria

in that order of suspicion...I still think Ang has been really off this whole game and his switch in voting is odd. He is pushing for all the people that I think are innocent, so it will probably be him......I'll be back shortly.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #328
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Here's where I'm at for voting candidates:

Valier: I don't know. She's fading on and off my radar - some things she does are really suspicious, others seem totally innocent. Part of me says that her death might really say something (or shoot holes in most of my theories...), but I've suspected her a lot, and I can't help but feel as if I've gotten stuck on her, and don't know if that's merited or not.

Naria: I keep coming back to her. She's been so quiet; she really is just a wild card and I don't know what to do with her. The biggest thing I can ever remember about her is that Valier keeps on mentioning her, and that makes me extremely uneasy about both of them.

Encai: A lot like Valier. I don't know what to do with Encai either.

Spawn: Now that I've actually seen some recent posts of hers, I really don't know what to think. They seem logical and reasoned enough, but for some reason I can't shake the feeling that she might be a penguin. I don't want to vote for her toDay, though; I'd like to give her another Day or so to really get caught back up.

You know what's wrong with me? I figured it out. You all are used to a Firefoot who goes about on tenterhooks because she's never at all sure about wolves. Ever. I'm notorious for getting them wrong. In this game, I finally felt reasonably sure about something. Last Night, I was absolutely confident that I had finally found a wolf or two. Really, I was sure of it. Maybe it was because I was so tired that I was feeling almost reckless. I don't know. But I am never sure about things, and I was. That, combined with being tired, is why I've seemed so different to you all. And now with all these accusations flying my way, I don't even trust myself and feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

So I guess that puts the voting at:

Eonwe – 1 (Macalaure 1)
Spawn – 1 (Diamond 2)
Encai – 1 (Ang 3)
Spawn – 1 (Naria 4)
Naria – 1 (Spawn 5)
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #329
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

I'm not sure that I agree with others' top suspects (Spawn, Ang) -- I don't know that there's enough conclusive evidence to label either of them a WP, and the odds are against us for catching a WP anyway. If it turns out that I am wrong, then I shall of course look at these suspects with a more scrutinizing (and accusatory) eye, but for now it shall be

++ NARIA

EDIT: Cross-posted with Firefoot.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #330
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I would now like to refer you back to Lalaith on Day 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Firstly, and most importantly: the person I dreamt of last night was not on the evil side. What else s/he might be, I will of course not divulge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
But whether phantom is anything more, I leave for the penguins to find out, if they dare.
Our dearly departed Lalaith wasn't trying to fool the Penguins when she said this. I am THE HUNTER.

I can hear you screaming now, "What are you doing?! Revealing?! Why?! The Penguins won't kill you now and your kill is worthless!"

But that is simply not true. The Penguins will still kill me. They aren't idiots. No matter what, a Werecreature does not leave proven innocents hanging about. It stacks the odds against them in a ridiculous way in the latter stages of the game.

What I am accomplishing by revealing is this- I am going to give you a proven innocent (probably) for one more day.

How am I going to do that? First, remember that the Hunter in this game is a "logical Hunter", and so only takes his night pick with him if the pick is a Penguin. So, I'm going to tell you exactly who my night pick is before today ends. Odds are it will be an innocent. And so, when I die tonight and my pick stays alive, you can rest assured that they are innocent.

The next night, the Penguins will obviously kill them, but oh well- at least I gave you one person to rule out for one extra day.

And if they're stupid and leave me alive, then they'll be in big trouble at the end, because if they finally wise up and realize that they need to get rid of the proven innocent (me), the chances of me taking one of them with me will be high with a lower population.

And if they decide to leave me alive in an attempt to make my pick look guilty, I have a nice little way to deal with that after another night. If I get a chance to do it, you'll realize why people think I'm so smart.

Tonight's pick will be Valier. If Val is lynched today and found guilty, Firefoot will be my pick. If Valier is lynched and found innocent, Naria will be my pick.

Good luck everyone.

+ + Naria
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #331
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Voting is now like this:

Eonwe – 1 (Macalaure 1)
Spawn – 2 (Diamond 2, Naria 4)
Encai – 1 (Ang 3)
Naria – 3 (Spawn 5, Encai 6, Phantom 7)

EDIT: Cross-posted with Phantom and edited to include his vote.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #332
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'm going to go ahead and vote for

++Naria

Thanks for fixing that, Encai... I feel dumb, listing Spawn twice...
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #333
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That's...bizarre. Foul play, phantom, though I'm sure accidental; I swear I saw you vote for me, then edit it to Naria.

And Enca telepathised you'd meant to vote for Naria.

All in all, weird, but I had to point it out in case no one else saw it happen.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #334
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well without further ado, at least it was someone on my list...

++Naria

I have suspected her from the get go and we will now finally be able to put our suspicions to rest one way or the other.

Also Phantom
I would not pick me tonight if you want to catch a wolf! If you must then do it, and you will all see. May I suggest taking either Ang or Firefoot with you if you go. I am sure one of the two is a WP.
Edit: I forgot about the Logical hunter thing....go ahead and take me with you, it will prove my innocence.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:55 PM   #335
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Voting with no time.

I can't vote for Naria and maintain intellectual integrity. There's no case against her except that Boromir said she was quiet and the fact that she's quiet. Right now my suspicions lie with Firefoot- combine Bormir's remarks, with her over defensiveness, and refusal to state facts in her attacks, she looks quite bad.

Also, if Eonwe doesn't show today I'm voting fo rhim tomorrow unless a really good case for someone else is presented.

Thanks for your help, phantom, and good luck. Three gifteds in three nights... oh dear... Just be wary of crafty birds.

++Firefoot

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:56 PM   #336
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
phantom, any chance of you explaining your conduct in voting for me, then trying to cover it up without a formal retraction? Am I hallucinating? I'm sure it was just a slip due to exhaustion, but I would like an explanation.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #337
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa

Also, if Eonwe doesn't show today I'm voting fo rhim tomorrow unless a really good case for someone else is presented.
Read the discussion thread....he has left the game.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #338
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Read the discussion thread....he has left the game.

Oh, never mind then. Sorry!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #339
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Please stop posting (and voting, of course), little Elves.

Naria's death will be up soon.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #340
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
They were all shocked by the death of Lalaith. Or, shocked and shocked.
“They killed Lalaith? I'm shocked!” the phantom opened the Day.
“I figured I'd just show up at the very end to vote”, he added.

“Who are you and what have you done with our phantom?” Dimwë asked him jokingly. And they went on to nag at each other the whole Day, the discussion covering all from lurid dreams involving Aimé to hotpants and fishnet stockings.

But there seemed to develop some more serious duels of words. For example, Roa_Aoife, Elenwë’s personal guard, and Firefoot, Aredhel’s friend, were on each other’s throats.

But above all, everyone was quite unsure who to suspect, and even more tales of old were brought to the discussion than before. Encaitare, the standard-bearer, even tried to recount the tales of every family involved. Not everyone saw the profit of the endeavour, and she stopped.

Valier didn’t like it when it was stated that there was a movement against her. “I wasn't aware there was a movement”, she complained, “I still don't like when people put stuff in their posts.”

“Six votes in an electorate of twelve isn't merely a movement, m'dear. It's practically a Crusade!” Ang corrected her.

“If Eonwe doesn't show today I'm voting FO RHIM tomorrow unless a really good case for someone else is presented”, Roa proclaimed. They all looked around, but Eonwe was nowhere to be seen.

“How gajopyiferous”, Ang commented.

---------------------

I’m not going to watch this kinslaying-thing go forwards anymore! The case with the Teleri was enough, Eonwe thought during the morning, as the Elves were accusing each other ever more louder. Silently he crept outdoors and breathed the fresh cold air. He wandered to the shore and stood there alone for a time. He had decided already. He had made his decision. Slowly he took the steps needed to reach the water and fell to the embrace of the chilly seas. He let the currents take him to wherever they would.

No tale tells his fate.

-----------------------

In the end, the suspicion of Naria was quite mutual. The accusation “too quiet, must die” came from many directions.

Naria listened to the accusations piling up on her. She was pale, but remained calm outside. Inside, she was torn, and there was no trace of calmness there. I deserve this, she thought. I deserve this for what I did to Lalaith. And to Kitanna. And to Thinlómien and Nogrod. I deserve to die. I don’t want to live with this.

“It’s Naria then. She must die”, Valier voiced the inevitable. By that time, Naria was already running.

“Where is she?” Firefoot asked, worried.
“She’s running away!” the phantom yelled, seeing her through the window.
Desperately the Elves ran after her, weapons in their hands.

But Naria was already out of their reach. As she ran, she began to transform. Her skin grew black and white feathers, her legs shortened making it more difficult for her to run, and her nose turned into a beak. Wholly transformed, she reached the gorge Boromir had been dumped into. He had been the Rockhopper. And she was the Chinstrap.

She gave one final glance to her fellow elves. With her small right wing, she waved goodbye. Then she cast herself to the abyss.

~ The Dead ~
Nogrod - a troubadour, singer – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Thinlómien - a troubadour, harpist – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Boromir88 - The Mouth of Turgon – werepenguin, cast into a gorge on Day1
Kitanna - servant who empties and cleans chamber pots – ranger, body and soul separated by Cartesian Dualism on Night2
JennyHallu - An Embroiderer, lost, not related – cobbler, shot dead in to the sea on Day2
Lalaith - Aredhel's tutoress – seer, blinded, mutilated and torn apart by the Owl of Minerva on Night3
Eonwe - Turgon's herald - ordo, lost in the waves of the dark sea on Day3
Naria - Family's goat herder - werepenguin, driven into a gorge by her consicience on Day3

~ The Living ~
Anguirel - Lalwende's semi-canonical lutenist and Findis's demi-canonical flautist
dancing spawn of ungoliant - animals' dung cleaning specialist
Diamond18 - Dimwë the half-wit second cousin of Elenwë
Encaitare - A standard-bearer
Firefoot- Aredhel's friend
Macalaure - Turgon's nephew and part-time-repentant kinslayer
the phantom - Ecthelion's hotheaded nephew and personal squire
Roa_Aoife - Elenwë's personal guard
Valier - Elenwe's personal chamber maid

Night4 has now begun.

Emperor, send your pick to Nogrod.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-12-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM   #341
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
“Saatanan tunarit!” the Master cursed in a secret tongue only the Maiar lured by Melkor knew. Then he switched to Quenya: “Fools! Idiots! Petty songbirds! How could you fail me? How could you?” The Emperor knew it was wiser not to answer at all.
“Those little bastards! They failed me. I should have chosen someone else!” the Master raged. Then he turned to the Emperor again, his eyes flaming: “Don’t you dare to fail me too.”
“I will die for your cause, Master”, the Emperor swore gravely, its head bent down.
“That is not enough, you swatter! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!” the Master went on. “You must not die. You must make them die. Understood?”

-----------------

One of the Elves awoke that Night to a small click that came from his door. He jumped up just to see the Emperor penguin turning to face him. He reached for his sword and was just turning to defend himself when he heard the low and friendly voice of the penguin. The Emperor didn’t look especially frightening, standing there remarkably shorter than the tall elf.

“What are you thinking at the moment, kinslayer?” it asked innocently.
“You dare to call me kinslayer, you Dress Coat Demon! I at least repent it part-time! Mind you, I’m thinking of beheading you with my sword right now”, Macalaure flared up.
“Before you go on with it, could you just reflect it, to show me that you can?” the Emperor asked calmly and looked him in the eye.
“What are you talking about, werecreature? Do you find your death a fun thing? I have killed my own kin, so surely I wouldn’t hesitate to kill a mere bird”, Macalaure declared, emphasising his words by raising his sword.
“So, if you are thinking about beheading me, can you also become conscious of the fact that you are thinking about beheading me?” the Emperor queried in a peaceful tone.
“Of course you stupid bird! It’s called self-reflectivity. It’s something that divides the beings with fëa from those that do not have one. It’s like you yourself looking at your thoughts from above. Even the children know this... and we have been assuming you to be intelligent!” Macalaure answered without hiding the sarcasm.
“Well can you then become conscious about yourself being conscious of your thought of killing me?” the penguin asked carelessly, like in passing.
“Surely I can!” Macalaure snapped back. “What are you after, you foul creature?”
“I don’t believe you if you don’t try and prove it”, the Emperor grinned thinly.
“Okay, I’ll show you”, Macalaure lowered his sword and thought about the act of killing the penguin. Quite immediately he became conscious about thinking it. And pretty easily he managed then to become conscious of this reflective stance to the original thought of killing the penguin. “Ha! It wasn’t even difficult. So what about it?” he asked, raising his sword again.
“Well, if you can reflect your self-reflection, could you also reflect that reflectivity over your self-reflection?” the Emperor answered with a question, now already smiling as wide as one can smile with a beak, “Or could you even be looking from the outside your reflection on your reflectivity over your self-reflection?”
“Erm... You mean to see myself becoming conscious of being conscious of seeing myself thinking something?”
“You can put it that way if you wish. But just before you try, think also, which one of these is your innermost self or the “I” that you yourself are? How deep will you have to go to actually find it?” the Emperor tried to hold an earnest expression on its face, but it was difficult. It giggled (only think of what a giggling penguin would look like and you just might have the correct impression).

Macalaure was now getting deeper and deeper into the layers of himself, slowly drowning further and further away from the here and now. At the same time his brain started to heat, no, it started to overheat from the thoughts leading to infinity. He was absorbed into a kind of Reverse Total Perspective Vortex that sent him spiralling down to the infinity of himselves always eluding him no matter how deep he got. It didn’t take long before Macalaure’s brains exploded. The boiling hot blood sprinkled all over his room and the headless body dropped to the floor.

The Emperor had already drawn back to its room by then. Nice things these vicious regressions that play with infinity, it thought before it fell asleep, being careful not to attempt the same thought-experiment itself.

(WARNING: Kids, do not try this at home.)

---------------------

When the Elves once again assembled in the corridor the next morning, they were so delighted to see the phantom alive against all expectations that they all ran to embrace him. The phantom was generally cool about it, but in the end he had to admit: “Well, I guess it’s better to be embraced by a bunch of droll Elves than sliced by a dreadful avian monster.”

“I think we still have lost one of our number”, Encaitare remarked, counting the heads. A gloomy silence fell upon the joyous Elves. “Macalaure’s missing...”

Spawn was standing near the door of Macalaure’s room and pulled it open. There was blood all over the tapestry and the headless body of Macalaure was lying at the floor. “You don’t want to see this, but he’s here”, spawn said. She closed the door. “Rest in peace, Mac”, she whispered.

That rest was not granted. Kitanna’s bruised body appeared from behind the corner.
“Oh no, it has broken free”, the chambermaid Valier sighed.
“Oh Eru, look at its condition”, Firefoot said, her quiet voice almost trailing off.
“We should have tied it up better”, Roa muttered as the zombie tumbled against Macalaure’s door and hit its head for the thousandth time. Kitanna’s living corpse looked very bad indeed.

They took Kitanna’s soulless body downstairs with them and tied it up again. “I can take care of her, as I outwit her”, Dimwë the half-wit promised solemnly.

“Breakfast-time. Breakfast. Now. Breakfast now”, they heard a cheerful voice from above them.
“Oh, shut up, silly bird”, said Anguirel bitterly.

~ The Dead ~
Nogrod - a troubadour, singer – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Thinlómien - a troubadour, harpist – mod, blowed up in the Big Bang on Night1
Boromir88 - The Mouth of Turgon – werepenguin, cast into a gorge on Day1
Kitanna - servant who empties and cleans chamber pots – ranger, body and soul separated by Cartesian Dualism on Night2
JennyHallu - An Embroiderer, lost, not related – cobbler, shot dead in to the sea on Day2
Lalaith - Aredhel's tutoress – seer, blinded, mutilated and torn apart by the Owl of Minerva on Night3
Eonwe - Turgon's herald - ordo, lost in the waves of the dark sea on Day3
Naria - Family's goat herder - werepenguin, driven into a gorge by her consicience on Day3
Macalaure - Turgon's nephew and part-time-repentant kinslayer – ordo, brains exploded after entering a vicious regression concerning the possible infiniteness of self-reflective consciousness on Night4

~ The Living ~
Anguirel - Lalwendë's semi-canonical lutenist and Findis's demi-canonical flautist
dancing spawn of ungoliant - animals' dung cleaning specialist
Diamond18 - Dimwë the half-wit second cousin of Elenwë
Encaitare - A standard-bearer
Firefoot- Aredhel's friend
the phantom - Ecthelion's hotheaded nephew and personal squire
Roa_Aoife - Elenwë's personal guard
Valier - Elenwë's personal chamber maid

Day4 begins now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #342
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*blinkblink* I was afraid of this....

The lack of phantom guts adorning the place means one of two things- either Valier is a wolf and didn't want to be killed last night, or the last wolf wants us to think that and lynch her.

Quite the cunumdrum, indeed.

I went through Naria's posts- as you can imagine, there wasn't much to be found. She seemed to go along with other people's votes, and never said anything certain herself, except for the one list of players. I'm going to go back through and look at it.

With Naria dead, and it being unlikely that Boromir would list to of his fellow penguins in the same group, I'm going to let the Firefoot case go. Fow now. That may just narrow things down significantly.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #343
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, well. The Penguin decided to let me live, eh?

Well, since I'm still here, I have a request.

I had a neat little idea towards the end of yesterday that I think might yield some interesting results. Don't worry- it's not some kooky plan. It is merely a method for accusations and defenses that I thought could help make everyone's thoughts very clear, and help me make my Hunter pick tonight.

So if you would, DON'T VOTE or go crazy with lists and such until later today, when I'm back and have explained my plan. I don't have time now. I'm running late for class. I'll be back in five hours or sooner, so we'll still have plenty of time.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #344
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

*Sigh* well this is just great! Why, oh why, in the world Anguirel would you pick Mac instead of me? ........Oh did I say Ang? Yep that's right! I figured it was time I started .....what did Ang call it?.....Oh yeah a Valier style campaign.

I just knew this was going to happen..and it sucks! I was actually hoping the Phantom would get killed and then I would be a proven innocent and have some sway in getting Ang killed today. But since that didn't work, I still will stand by my suspicions of him. I will try my darnedest to find useful and insightful info today.

Oh and Phantom? You did have some sort of a plan worked out for if you didn't die right?

Last edited by Valier; 06-13-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: X-posted with the Phantom
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:42 PM   #345
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
“Saatanan tunarit!”

Well, having phantom still around is nice although it was somewhat predictable.

The obvious conclusion of this is that Valier is the last penguin and she didn't want to get killed by the hunter. Another option is that this was an attempt to frame her up.

Again, I'm suspicious of Ang. In addition to what I've said earlier, I think the way Boro spoke about him looks like an avian alliance.

"Anguirel, has popped in couple, said his say, nothing strange there." ~Boro #33

"At first it seemed to me like Anguirel was going off with what he had at the time, but good points have been raised against him. I'm going to hold off until he gets back." ~ Boro #46

Ang's vote from Day 1 looks quite suspicious as he changed it from Eonwe to Kitanna giving her a second vote after Boro had got his first one. Then, of course, there was the incident when Ang defended Boromir against Roa, but I don't know how much that tells.

Here's what Naria (#298) said about Ang.

"Anguirel- Hmmm he's a tuff one to understand. I don't like the way that he is being so pushy with his posts especially towards people that I don't find particularly evil right now. Quite frankly some of his posts don't make any sense at all and that doesn't sit well with me."

It's notable, though, that she didn't say anything very precise about anyone.

Here's what Anguirel (#308) said about Naria.

"Naria-till recently, no evidence, really, except vague kudos for, in the end, acting to save Lalaith. Recently analysis which still doesn't reveal much, but does show complete trust in...Diamond! Argh! It's a conspiracy! Also accuses me of making no sense. How gajopyiferous."

Like Boromir, Ang speaks quite positively about her considering that she had barely spoken. YesterDay Ang voted for Enca, and refrained from commenting on people voting for Naria even though he was around till the end. I can imagine Anguirel as the emperor penguin, and right now he's my main suspect although I wish to look closer at other villagers, too.

edit: cross-posted with... everyone
Old 06-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #346
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And another one! I'll be back soon with a cross-check between Boromir and Naria

Naria says:

Trusts

Diamond
Mac
Phantom (duh)
Valier

Unsure

Enca
Firefoot

Suspicious

Ang
Spawn
Eonwe
Roa

Other's Say

Trust

No one

Unsure

Roa
Ang
Firefoot

Suspicious

Valier
Phantom
Spawn
Enca

Doesn't mention (that I can find on Day 3)

Mac
Eonwe
Diamond

Cross-overs

Suspicious

Spawn

Old 06-13-2006, 05:38 PM   #347
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boromir and Naria

Mutually Suspected

Ang
Roa

Mutally Trusted

Mac
Valier

Mutually Unsure

Enca
Firefoot

Were opposites on

Eonwe
Spawn

Edit: Forgot the last part

Differed on (but were not opposite)

Diamond
phantom

Old 06-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #348
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Well, I don't know how the rest of you are thinking, but I still suspect Valier. Strongly. Even without the issue of the phantom's not-death, look at Valier's posts: she's been suspecting Naria almost straight from the beginning and for no apparent reason - after Naria had posted just once, Valier names her in post 68 as one of her three choices for wolves. And I know this was just a jesting first-post-of-the-game, but even there Naria is named as "definitely bad." Why, I ask you? My conclusion is that it is likely because Valier is a wolf who was trying to make herself look good by slandering Naria.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #349
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Looking at theses lists, something occurred to me. If we assume that Boromir didn't list his fellows together, we can remove the remaining people from Boromir's "unsure list." After also removing the dead and the knowns, that leaves four suspects: Spawn, Valier, Ang, and myself. So I went back through my lists and removed all but us four. Here's how we line up:

People Boromir Suspected

Roa
Ang

People Boromir thought innocent

Valier
Spawn

----------------------------------------------------

Naria says:

Suspicious

Ang
Spawn
Roa

Trusts

Valier

----------------------------------------------------

Mutually Suspected

Ang
Roa

Mutally Trusted

Valier

Were opposites on

Spawn

EDIT: NOTE This is purely based on the assumption that Boromir did not list his fellow wolves together. This is only an assumption, as we do not know this for certain.

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 06-13-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:15 PM   #350
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I suppose a question must now be asked- would Boromir and Naria agree or disagree about their companion? If so, would they agree on suspicion or trust?

Old 06-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #351
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Firefoot I understand that I look very suspicious right now because of the actions of our dead Penguins. When the game first started I made a list of people who I thought could be baddies. I do this with every game. So right off the bat, I thought Naria, Ang, Boromir were definite baddies. After the actions of Boromir the first day, I thought he could be the seer and he knew of my innocence, so that is why I didn't vote for him that day, but I did suspect him. Naria has a reputation for being a Werewolf ninja and I thought it a good chance she was evil. Now Ang is super smart and crafty and I am certain he is the last remaining, so called Emperor Penguin. Jenny was a complete surprise to me though!! If I must die today to prove my innocence I will, even though I would really love to lynch the last bad guy and finally make it to the end of a game for the first time.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #352
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I would also like to add to your analysis of Naria's post's Roa this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria

Valier- She's another hard one to read. I do want to mention, however that she can be quite the asset in a village with her uncanny ability for WW spotting.

So it seems right here she is saying that I was right in my suspects? I thought her evil and she was, I did at first think Boro was evil and he was...was she saying I was right in all my suspects ie.Ang? or do you think this is a trick to divert me?
Old 06-13-2006, 06:22 PM   #353
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

For the sake of being thorough, I'm going to go back and get quotes about each of these players from our known wolves. As I am one of the people on the list, please, go back and check me. It's your duty. Be an informed voter!

If I have time, and am sufficiently bored, I'll go back and get our quotes on each other. Mostly because it's wednesday, and I have nothing to do.

Edit: Cross posted- I'm going to requote that anyways. :P

Old 06-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #354
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Naria has a reputation for being a Werewolf ninja and I thought it a good chance she was evil.
This makes no logical sense. She has been a crafty were...thing before, so of course she is one now. Your suspicions of her had no bearing whatsoever to the game at hand. That's why I'm suspicious of you.
Quote:
Now Ang is super smart and crafty and I am certain he is the last remaining, so called Emperor Penguin.
Being smart does not make someone a penguin. (Hate to say it, but...) Look at phantom. He makes a brilliant werecreature. That certainly doesn't make him one now.
Quote:
was a complete surprise to me though!!
Well, duh, not even the wolves know who the cobbler is...

If it's not Valier, I would guess Spawn or Eonwe, who I think is more unlikely because like Roa I think it is likely that Boro did not put both wolves in the same list. I suppose next would be Ang, mostly for lack of other suspects.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:30 PM   #355
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Valier:
Quote:
So it seems right here she is saying that I was right in my suspects?
Why the heck would a wolf say something like that? "Hey look, Valier, you're suspecting Ang, and you're right! Ang's one of my fellow wolves! Gold star for you!" I find it entirely more likely that she was bluffing.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #356
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

First, Firefoot - Eonwe is dead. He can't be a penguin.

And now the quotes:

Boromir quotes (borrowed from phantom because I am both bored and lazy)

Valier

Quote:
Valier and Eonwe are acting too strange to be evil penguins.
Quote:
Like I said before I doubt wp's would be this eccentric and wild in the beginning. So for now there's no reason to suspect Valier.
Spawn

Quote:
Spawn backs up and says she was going to say something like the phantom, for everyone to just leave clues on who they feel is innocent. Seems a little fishy to me...trying to associate yourself with an innocent perhaps?
Quote:
Most of them I already explained why they appear innocent before. Spawn for her input on Anguirel she seems innocent. I don't know yet what to make of Anguirel, but Spawn's input is beneficial, helpful, and usually I don't suspect the one's who announce stronger suspicions this early. For it's a bold move for a WP to stick their neck out and first really start the suspicions.
Ang

Quote:
Anguirel, I must say Spawns comments were very intriguing on Anguirel. At first it seemed to me like Anguirel was going off with what he had at the time, but good points have been raised against him. I'm going to hold off until he gets back.
Roa

Quote:
I can't find much significance in Roa's, phantom's, or Diamond's, posts yet, so there's nothing for me to go off of.
Quote:
Roa there is a common misconception about theories, everyone seems to think it's just baseless and preposterous. Now a true theory is a hypothesis based UPON facts. So, the facts are sitting out there and then based on those facts you form a hypothesis which = theory. And for everybody except the wps and the Seer all we have to find the penguins are theories. Which means taking facts, like what people say, how they vote, who's killed...etc taking that knowledge and using it to present a hypothesis that is backed up by facts (aka a theory).
Quote:
Roa has come in established a presence in the village, but really hasn't if you know what I mean. Also, as I remarked before I don't agree with the "don't throw around theories or baseless arguments," and what do I propose you want us to do to catch a penguin miss Guardian?
Quote:
Roa's acts are strange but it actually in a wierd way makes her look more innocent to me. She's just being far too aggressive
Naria's quotes

Valier

Quote:
Valier- She's another hard one to read. I do want to mention, however that she can be quite the asset in a village with her uncanny ability for WW spotting.
Spawn

Quote:
Spawn- I don't know. She hasn't been playing like she normally does, maybe it's due to RL but maybe not. I would expect alot more from her by now and that just hasn't happened yet. Another one that isn't sitting well with me.
Quote:
++Spawn

She has been acting off her game and it worries me. I just have expected more from her.
Ang

Quote:
Anguirel- Hmmm he's a tuff one to understand. I don't like the way that he is being so pushy with his posts especially towards people that I don't find particularly evil right now. Quite frankly some of his posts don't make any sense at all and that doesn't sit well with me.
Roa
Quote:
Roa- Is evil! HA....I jest of course. But, I don't trust her nonetheless....I don't know if I ever will. She's crafty beyond belief. If there is one person that can pull off a septuple bluff, I'm sure Roa could do it with ease.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #357
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
First, Firefoot - Eonwe is dead. He can't be a penguin.
Don't I feel dumb. I forgot to take him off the list I'm using.

What I noticed about the quotes: both Naria and Boro were quite brief on Valier (from what you listed). In Naria's comments, Valier is the only one she presents as innocent...
Old 06-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #358
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Like I said before if I must die today I will!!! But I am not the Penguin!!!! I have no reasons I am sure that will satisfy anyone as to why I suspect Ang...I just do o.k,another one of my gut feelings, so if you want to kill me go ahead! But make sure Ang the super,pushy,ober,faker,WerePenguin dies after I am gone.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #359
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier quotes

On Spawn:

Quote:
dancing spawn of ungoliant - Eww she cleans up poo!..I'll keep my eyes on her.
Quote:
I think the points Spawn made about Ang were sound and having played with Ang before I know he is a very compatent werecreature.
On Roa:

Quote:
Roa_Aoife - She's for sures the E.W. .....Oh ya I mean she's SO bad!!
Quote:
Roa I don't like your comment here
Quote:

You seem to be assuming my innocense- a dangerous thing to do in this game.
I think saying this is just as dangerous. You seem to be quite defensive today of all days, why? I know you usually bicker with other players over stuff (which is fine) but like I said today? you are making yourself seem more and more suspisious.
Quote:
Roa that is exactly the reason I put Firefoot on my list of suspects today! I could not quite find the words to express what I meant, but you did it beautifully.
On Ang:

Quote:
Anguirel -He's a sneaky one and I wouldn't put it passed him. He is a little well.... birdy.
Quote:
Ok so on my list of potential WP's I have Anguirel, Naria, phantom.
I think the points Spawn made about Ang were sound and having played with Ang before I know he is a very compatent werecreature. I know for a fact that he will still attack and argue and banter even if he is a baddie which makes him dangerous.
Quote:
++Anguirel

I think his push for Kitanna is odd and his remark about being the unwitting cobbler are also odd. Ang is a smart guy and I find his playing to be a little over zealous for the first day.
Quote:
I voted for Ang yesterday because my gut tells me he is a baddie. I would not have changed my vote from him at all, but Lalaith came out and told us Boro was a WP so since I was around of course I would change my vote to help the village. My suspects as of late are....Anguirel, Naria, Mac
Quote:
Ok Ang I get it now. I still find the way you are pushing for people to get lynched is a little cobbleresque. I know you at least a little, to know that you are more than capable at rallying people to your cause. You seem to be acting mostly like yourself, but more pushy... I think it odd.
Quote:
Ang would you rather I just call you a Penguin? Would that make you feel better?
Quote:
My voting has not been off. I voted for Ang because I think he is a WP, why else do you vote for someone.
Quote:
I really feel the need to vote with my gut again today so it will be either

Anguirel
Firefoot
Naria

in that order of suspicion...I still think Ang has been really off this whole game and his switch in voting is odd. He is pushing for all the people that I think are innocent, so it will probably be him......I'll be back shortly.
Quote:
Why, oh why, in the world Anguirel would you pick Mac instead of me? ........Oh did I say Ang? Yep that's right! I figured it was time I started .....what did Ang call it?.....Oh yeah a Valier style campaign.
Quote:
I just knew this was going to happen..and it sucks! I was actually hoping the Phantom would get killed and then I would be a proven innocent and have some sway in getting Ang killed today. But since that didn't work, I still will stand by my suspicions of him. I will try my darnedest to find useful and insightful info today.
Quote:
Now Ang is super smart and crafty and I am certain he is the last remaining, so called Emperor Penguin.
Quote:
I have no reasons I am sure that will satisfy anyone as to why I suspect Ang...I just do o.k,another one of my gut feelings, so if you want to kill me go ahead! But make sure Ang the super,pushy,ober,faker,WerePenguin dies after I am gone.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #360
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right, I'm back.

I'll be posting a voting analysis later (two hours from now probably, three at most).

After that, I'll be doing a Boro & Naria quote analysis.

But for now, a couple things.

First, it's fine to talk about and analyze suspects, but don't allow yourself to become overly focused on Valier. Yeah, yeah, she could be the final Penguin I know. Maybe after my vote analysis and such she'll end up among my top suspects again, but you'll notice that yesterday I removed her from my list of names I was willing to vote for. I'm not as suspicious of her as I was two days ago. I Hunted her last night not because I thought she was for sure the most likely Penguin, but largely because I thought knowing the truth about her would help you guys more than anything else.

And on that note, here is a little thing I want EVERYONE to participate in. I call it- "think like a gifted".

I want all of you to think about which person you would hunt if you were the Hunter. Post your thoughts and selections.

Then I want you all to say who you would protect if you were the Ranger, and why (I am not an option, as you know me to be innocent already).

Doing these things will yield a clear declaration of suspicion and trust for at least one person by everyone in the village. It's fine to have secondary suspects, but I want everyone to come out and say, BEFORE the voting starts, who your first and last people are on your suspicion list. Once the voting starts, it's so easy to vote for your #2 suspicion if he/she is already attracting votes, and so it is never clear that that person was not in fact your #1 suspect because you had been listing them as pretty much even with your other primary suspect all day.

I'm doing this partially to keep our final Penguin from going whichever way the wind is blowing and such. I want a #1 suspect (Hunter pick) and #1 friend (Ranger pick) from everyone. So many Wolves over past games have survived by managing to stay... how should I say it... non-commited.

Also, and quite importantly, I will factor your picks into making my nightly pick.

And I don't want any whining from you. As your last proven innocent and dedicated Hunter, I think you owe me a little something. I mean- I am willing to die for you after all!