The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #81
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
You conveniently didn't address it. Face it, you've got something wrong. There was no essential contradiction. Now please, prune your pride and have a glance elsewhere-you're really good value when you're not barking up the proverbial errant tree.
I didn't address it because I conceded the point. But that wasn't my only point against him, so my case is not destroyed. And how do you know I "barking up the wrong tree?" Have you considered that I might be right? You seem to be assuming my innocense- a dangerous thing to do in this game.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #82
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
But Ang, do admit, Roa's right about one thing: Boro is being oddly defensive...
Old 06-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #83
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Quote:
Quote:
If you are here saying I am one of those two people you'll find you are greatly wrong. I never said, nor will I ever say that analysis is boring and pointless. I said for me I don't use "summaries" because I don't see why we hsould it's all right there. I'm perfectly fine with people using summaries, if that helps them sort out everything, but me personally I don't use them and I don't see a point in them.

Saying that you don't see a point in something and saying that something is pointless is the same thing. Way to contradict yourself again.
Analysis and summaries aren't the same thing, Roa. Once again, not a contradiction. Beginning to be quite suspicious on my list there. If you're not a penguin, you might be a shoemaker, but I'm less and less sure of your innocence.

In fact,

--phantom
++Roa
Old 06-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #84
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Given the extreme frailty of the evidence against him, yes, it's quite odd he's bothering to defend himself at all...

It seems I got myself overly fussed about the deadline. Is it a bit later than our 10:00? [Finnish, perchance?] I now rather wish I'd voted for Diamond.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #85
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro, you are being really defensive and it adds to my uneasy feeling about you.
I'm sorry if defending myself means calling people out when they twist around and talk about contradictions that aren't even there.

And Roa I repeat I never said anything about being against analysis. I said I find no points in summaries, summary is not an analysis. Please stop making it look like I said anything wrong about analysis, because that's what everyone does. The fact is you have taken my words out of context and twisted them. Somehow you claim "you're my top suspect" when I said Lalaith concerned me the most.

Roa's acts are strange but it actually in a wierd way makes her look more innocent to me. She's just being far too aggressive, and this makes me think Lalaith is behind all this. Lalaith, you've been nudging suspicion towards me all day hoping someone would bite. Roa seems more like a lost innocent than a bandwagoning penguin.

++Lalaith
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #86
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa I don't like your comment here
Quote:

You seem to be assuming my innocense- a dangerous thing to do in this game.
I think saying this is just as dangerous. You seem to be quite defensive today of all days, why? I know you usually bicker with other players over stuff (which is fine) but like I said today? you are making yourself seem more and more suspisious.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #87
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
double double toil and trouble

Quote:
I didn't address it because I conceded the point. But that wasn't my only point against him, so my case is not destroyed. And how do you know I "barking up the wrong tree?" Have you considered that I might be right? You seem to be assuming my innocense- a dangerous thing to do in this game.
How does questioning your analysis assume your innocence? Is this a bit of a slip?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #88
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm afraid I don't have time to stick around.

++Boromir

Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but he doesn't sit right with me. Notice, also, Ang, that he's ignored the point of two accusations, and instead confuses the matter at hand. I honestly don't know if it's deliberate, but Boromir's too smart for it not to be.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #89
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Something I posted has had vast psychological repurcussions among the more easily led players? Score!

Now, there's seems to be a debate going on about the differences between theories and baseless arguments, not to mention the difference between summaries and analysis.

For my part, I doin't have concrete feelings towards posting reviews of others' posts. I've toyed with a few different ways of going about it in my short WW career. I think, at the moment, my preferred way of doing it is waiting until we have some actual deaths or proven identities to go on, and then analyzing players that ping us wrong. I mean, I feel like reviewing someone's posting history is a lot more worthwhile after we have some known facts, the kind which only come about from lynchings, night deaths, seer reveals, and to a somewhat lesser extent, convincing Gifted proclimations. That's why all the analyzing and post reviewing has somewhat bored me today. I also prefer to just link to a post instead of summing it up, and then giving whatever impression I have of said post, with a possible quote if it seems necessary. This way, people get to read new stuff (ie my opinions) without having to slog through a recap of posts they already read -- and if they want to verify the exact post for themselves, well, there's a handy link.

But that's how I've taken to doing it. Obviously, others don't. I might not like reading over long summaries, but I'm not going to tell anyone to stop doing it because frankly they ain't gonna listen to me anyway.

Right now, I'm not sure what to think of all the arguing. To paraphrase the noble SpM, it's almost always the ones as look most fair that are most foul. So right now the high profile nickering of people like Ang, Roa, Boro, and Lal make them look a bit foul, depending on your viewpoint. Which worries me that, much like in Kath's game just now, provides ample room for the Weres to hide. Face it, if Lommy hadn't dreamt of her dad, he'd have made it to the end and lunched on the whole village, perhaps sacrificing Lhuna and Tom along the way, while everyone else was in a flurry to lunch tgwbs and Durelin et al.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #90
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

The firepower in this struggle is unequal, against Lalaith , and I fear it profits none but the penguins. Are there any moderates out there willing to take a punt on Kitanna?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A modly voice from the heavens above...

The deadline is 10 PM GMT (not BST), which means that you have 48 minutes left.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #92
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Somehow you claim "you're my top suspect" when I said Lalaith concerned me the most.
No, you're still missing the point. You moved me onto your list of suspects for a post you said had nothing worth mentioning. That is the point. Your refusal to acknowledge this only makes you look worse to me.

Quote:
How does questioning your analysis assume your innocence?
He stated that I would be helpful if I focused elsewhere. If I were a were-penguin or a cobbler, I wouldn't be helpful at all. Therefore it seems that he is assuming I'm innocent.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #93
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Bollywogs. I have to leave and am not at all confident on who to vote for. Oy. But I have a job interview, and I can't be late for it.

+ + LALAITH

I don't know, there's been a lot of twisting words or perceived twisting of words going about, but some of the things she's said about other players hasn't sat well with me. I wish I had time to actually articulate this more. Also, I keep worrying that none of these high profile players today are guilty. But hopefully whatever happens with the lynching today and the death tonight will make things a little clearer.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #94
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++Anguirel
He's the only one I have even the slightest suspicions for. Even if my suspicions and reasons are weak, I'd rather vote for him instead of picking someone at random.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #95
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh Diamond, not again.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #96
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Vote count (curse these retractables, hope this is right)

Lalaith 4 (Enca, Firefoot, Boro, Diamond)
Boro 2 (Roa, Lalaith)
Kitanna 2 (Spawn, Anguirel)
Anguirel 1 (Kitanna)

Nine votes down, six to go? Am I right?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #97
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
Unless the whole thing was orchestrated by you... One thing that I find interesting in Macalaure is that he (she? Apologies, but could someone confirm that) seems to be aware of the subtleties of the Cobbler role and how a Seer can hide, for example, but messes up some basic things. Seems a bit orchestrated, as I said, but on the other hand, I can still remember my WW newbie days.
It's a he.
I followed two or three previous Games through or half through. (wereducks, dueling wizards e.g.)

By the by, to all, just call me Mac, please. One more Maclaure or Macaluare and I'm going to scream.

I'm happy the "theories"-discussion ceased. I think we all agree that we cannot do without theories, but that they have to be coherent. If they're not, and somebody will be there checking that, it will give its writer a sure rise on everyone's suspicion lists.

So, whom to vote for. I don't have a real suspect yet and considered to vote for somebody who has no votes yet and to abstain this way. But not voting is voting for the majority. I can't give good reasons for anybody, all I can say is that Kitanna to me feels worse than Lalaith.

++Kitanna

(edit: cross-posted with Lalaith)

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-08-2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: X-posting
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #98
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Ah. I fear the battle is lost. Oh well, you lot had better be right and I wrong. An innocent Lalaith is a real asset, and if you've just gone and squandered it...

EDIT: I feel your pain, Macalaure. (Hee hee, I'm Maglor savvy enough to spell it right. He taught me to play the lute and flute back in Valinor, y'know. Excellent fellow, bet he's very sorry about the Kinslaying. Ahem.) I had a long period of being mistaken for a petite maiden called Anguriel...

ANOTHER EDIT: Ah. All is not lost.

Last edited by Anguirel; 06-08-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #99
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I see no reason not to go with my gut on this one

++Anguirel

I think his push for Kitanna is odd and his remark about being the unwitting cobbler are also odd. Ang is a smart guy and I find his playing to be a little over zealous for the first day. This may change, but I doubt any thing could change my mind today.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #100
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Sigh. I didn't want to have to do this, but I must. There are only 3 votes left of which 2, Naria and Eonwe, are notorious no-shows.
An innocent Lalaith, might, as Ang so nicely says, be an asset to the village but a Seer Lalaith is definitely so.
Boro is a Werepenguin.
Are Eonwe or Naria around, if so, we can still vote for Boro if everyone who still can retracts. Please say so quickly.

Ranger, if we can save me from lynching, please protect me tonight.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #101
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Boro is a Werepenguin.
Told you so. Great job, forcing the seer to reveal herself, guys. Nice try to save her, though, Ang.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #102
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
We forgot to mention it, but as usual, if there's a tie, the first one to get most votes will be lynched.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #103
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Lalaith can still be saved.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #104
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Argh, where is everybody?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #105
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Ah. To quote from one of the finest Werewolf players, in my view, to grace these boards:

wibble

I bid you goodnight. Well done Lalaith, and I hope you can be rescued yet.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #106
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Kitanna, I would rather, obviously, save myself by lynching Boro than by lynching you. If you are around and are in a position to retract your vote, please announce yourself now.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #107
Kitanna
Child of the West

I want to be sure you survive regardless of where the votes go. If that means I have to vote for myself then damnit, I'll vote for myself.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #108
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well ok then I retract

--Anguirel

++Boromir88

You tricksey!!!!

Good job Seer! If your wrong though I say you be the shoe maker.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #109
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

We have ten minutes. Kitanna, hold off for five minutes.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:49 PM   #110
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

There are three voters left, and several retractions can be made- however, if no one shows by dealine, I'm retracting my vote to vote for kitanna, and Kitanna, I hope you vote for yourself to save her.

Leaders:

Kitanna 3
Lalaith 4
Boromir 3

We need two more votes for Boromir

Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #111
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I have had a little bit of time to read through everything and their seems to be a lot of bickering back and forth between a few people and yes I find that quite odd for the first Day. The only one that stood out for me however was

++Lalaith

Ugh....I honestly don't know(Day ones really suck). I feel I need to put someone down rather than no one. Well the deadline is fast approaching so I doubt this vote will change. I hope to have more time(unexpected RL stuff came up today) the next Day to help.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #112
Kitanna
Child of the West

I seriously didn't want to do this, but if you don't vote for Boromir then Lalaith will die tonight. I'm the ranger and if you lynch me Roa then Lalaith isn't going to survive.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #113
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright.

--Kitanna

++Boromir88

He played the "I've been lynched first the last game"-card. Only a penguin would do that.

If Boro turns out to not be a penguin, Lalaith is going to be very dead by the end of next day.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #114
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Ah, you're around still too Roa. Good. Hold off awhile. I will wait til just before deadline and if I have to, I will also retract to Kitanna.
Sorry Kit.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #115
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, that just sucks then. Nevermind. NAria- what are you doing?

Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #116
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Naria!!!!! Nooooo!!!!!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #117
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Did Naria really just do that? Where's the phantom, by the way?
Old 06-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #118
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Oh Lord. This is a shambles.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #119
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria- even if you doubt Lalaith's claim, we can test it by lynching Boromir. If he's a wolf, she's slightly more trustworthy, if not, then we know she's a wolf. If you let he seer die, then we know what you are.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #120
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
_ _ Lalaith

++ Boromir88

Sorry soooo sorry......I cross posted with like alot of everyone!!!! HOLY CLAP this is close
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote