The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #721
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Sounds overly complicated to me but I'm taking notes for future reference.
That's the part I love the most about wolvery.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #722
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Aww actually I did that just because I didn't want to quote myself! (I said earlier that it's an offense to Shasta if we ignore Mänwe after how he talked of him.)
How unusually humble.

Quote:
That's the part I love the most about wolvery.
I hope that's not a self-confession.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #723
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
What exactly do you think makes you more suspicious than say Boro?
Eh, just overreacted after a few people said they were suspicious of me and gave actually convincing reasons.

The thing about Boro I don't get: Wolf-Boro would have to expect that the real cobbler would get lynched (or accidentally killed) eventually. He'd have to be quite confident to think he can pull it off to fool us. Maybe he's just feeling experimental? Ordos are usually most prone to just trying something. Or maybe he knew it was a suicide mission in the long run, but thought he could avoid a seer dream this way and secure the two-kill advantage long enough?

His posts toDay make me feel a lot better about Skip.

(Of course, I'm only saying this so I don't have to actually come up with a justification for my over-confident knee-jerk suspicion. )
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #724
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I hope that's not a self-confession.
It is- wait no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Eh, just overreacted after a few people said they were suspicious of me and gave actually convincing reasons.
Sure.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #725
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie
So, were you convinced?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #726
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quick, everybody retract and vote for me.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #727
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
To Melkor with principles...

++Manwe
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #728
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

WOLF WIN!

(just kidding)

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-12-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: xed with Rikae :p & Boro
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #729
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Deadline.

Mänwe dead in a few minutes... stay tuned.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #730
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You don't believe me?

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-12-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: oops, crossed with the mod
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #731
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
N6, 58 First Age

Agan: Okay, Mänwe is the best course. That’s the thing you can read from what Shasta said yesterday.

Mac: Exactly. Mänwe is a known traitor now…

Cailín: But aren’t there other ways of reading it?”

Agan: You look bad for saying that now Cailín.

Rikae: Shouldn't we look at those other possibilities?

Agan: Well nothing’s gonna change my mind...

Legate: You know, Mänwe is the best bet.

wilwa: Some of those Shasta dreamt of might have died though?

Mac: Let’s get this over with, it’s Mänwe.

Greenie: I agree, lynching Mänwe is our best bet today.

Cailín: I’m not wholly convinced by this Mänwe-is-a-discovered-wolf theory. Let's be careful though and not take things for granted.

Legate: Well, it is not 100% sure that he dreamed of Mänwe, but likely.

Skip: It would be foolish to ignore Mänwe today.

Cailín: But wouldn’t Shasta have been more clear of it if he actually had a traitor dreamed of, just asking?

Boro: Yes, why are you assuming Shasta dreamt of Mänwe? It doesn’t make sense with what he said.

Legate: Well Boro, I could imagine Shasta dreaming of Mänwe.

Agan: Boro I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

Rikae: The Mänwe business is simply not as clear, contrary to what Agan says: "would be the first..." sounds more like a plan to dream him rather than a reference to an already dreamed traitor.

Legate: I think it is quite plausible that he dreamed of him. I’ll give him the fourth vote.

Nessa: Mänwe is my likely vote today.

Boro: If he had dreamed of a Mänwe wolf, I would think a Shasta-seer would convey this more clearly and finally put an end to the wolves double kills.

Agan: I would like to remind each innocent in this village that we need to vote together today. Despite Boro's behaviour.

Greenie: Sure thing. I’m voting Mänwe.

Cailín: Okay then, as you wish. But if Mänwe is not a wolf, we are all doomed.

wilwa: It is very likely Shasta dreamt of a traitor Mänwe. He said red anyway.

Nessa: If nothing else, we all need to vote together.

Rikae: Doesn't seem like a good idea for a seer to put a dreamed wolf in such a big group of yellow-orange. As mentioned, no red... but even if Shasta didn't dream him, he's still a good bet for a wolf.

~*~

Melkor had been overhearing the discussion with a smile that got ever wider.

"This has been the best day of the whole experiment! Look at how they eat something, anything suggested to them and even if their reason says to them it's all in the thin air - they go with the flow... even if those who really put some effort to thinking about the arguments differ - and even those find a way to join the chorus some other way of whim. Splendid! If mortal Maiar are this easily taken in when promised it's not their own neck that would be put on fire - they don't want to rock the boat then - so how easy will it be with the humans? I do love this experiment!"

"Should we pay them a visit mylord?" Sauron asked standing beside his Master.

"Nah... let them continue the learning-process."

~*~

"Everyone has their weapons?"

"Let's hit simultaneously, everyone!"

"Yeah, let's get him!"

"I'm not joining... well... to heck with principles, give me a sword as well."

And they all fell their weapons on poor Mänwe, the innocent Maia.

The living:

Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.
Kitanna - (Hunter) A spirit of all things unimaginative; committed a willful suicide on N3.
Thinlómien - (innocent) A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Valier - (Innocent) A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Inziladun - (Innocent) A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos; cut in half and turned to stone by Sauron on D3.
Eomer of the Rohirrim – (Innocent) An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs; skinned, gutted and sank into his own blood on N4.
Blind Guardian –(Innocent) A spirit of evil ways; skinned, gutted and sank into her own blood on N4.
Pitchwife - (Cobbler) Tender of Oromë's dogs; killed by the Maiar on D4.
elronds_daughter - (Innocent) A spirit of no-nonsense; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Shastanis Althreduin - (Seer) A spirit of water; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Mänwe - (Innocent) A spirit of short acquintances; unanimously killed with a blow from everyone on D5.

It is Night 6 now.

Wolves and the ranger; whether there is a toMorrow is in your hands now.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #732
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

D6, 78 First Age

“Okay mates, just two correct picks tonight and we’re victorious.” § said leering.

“So whom will the ranger defend tonight?” @ asked.

“I think it depends on who xe is…” ¤ commented wryly.

“And what kind of tactics xe sticks to.” # added.

“We have there some whom are generally regarded as known innocents. Let’s pick them. If there is a save the village will be at the worst possible situation.” § suggested.

“But wouldn’t the ranger think about that? Quite good odds for xem…” ¤ doubted.

“Let’s pick the most suspicious-looking of the rest then. The ranger surely isn’t protecting them?” @ suggested in turn.

“Unless xe goes through that very same thought-process and foresees our decision.” # warned.

“So let’s just stand here to the rest of the days and do nothing?” § said now clearly annoyed.

“We could toss a coin?” @ asked.

“Let’s go and just pick someone.” § demanded. “Like now.”

“You might be right.” # said and took off towards the sleeping Maiar.

Macalaure and Cailín were sleeping when the swords hit them, two swords each. They were instantly dead.

“Did we make it?” ¤ asked hesitantly.

“Of course we did! Heh-heh…. hoo-hoohoo!” § rejoiced.

“Wait a minute! Someone’s stalking us!” # said in firm voice.

“It’s right behind me!” @ yelled when it heard a sword swing behind it’s back.

They all turned to face the intruder only to see a shape in the shadows.

“You’re not touching @! I’m protecting @!” the shape yelled.

“You’re the ranger?” ¤ asked a bit baffled.

“Yeah, and no one’s gonna even split a hair from @!” the ranger said determinately.

“Hah… oooh… it’s just too hilarious!” § started laughing.

There was a roar of laughter in the dark corridor when all the four traitors realized what had happened. Suddenly it was accompanied by a deeper and louder bellowing – Melkor was there as well.

“You have proved yourself worthy minions to me, my traitors! I would have liked to have learned more of the frailty of a mortal psychology, but I guess I will be having naturally born mortals to test with in abundance from now on…” He looked at the four traitors and the frozen ranger and then let his eyes to wander where the last three remaining innocents slept.

“Okay. Finish your job now. You’ll then join the defense of Angband as proven aides to my lieutenant Sauron. “

The four traitors went for their last victims in a frenzy of relief, screaming death.

None of the innocent Maiar who entered the dungeon a few decades ago managed to come out from there alive. But all the four traitors marched out from there to see once again the sky and the ground of Middle Earth.

Nothing is known about their destinies ever since but it is supposed they were taken to defend Angband from the siege of Noldor. Of their souls there is no account.

The living:

wilwarin538 – (Traitor) Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya – (Traitor) The patron of town criers across the world
Boromir88 – (Traitor) A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
Skip Spence – (Traitor) A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.
Kitanna - (Hunter) A spirit of all things unimaginative; committed a willful suicide on N3.
Thinlómien - (innocent) A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Valier - (Innocent) A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Inziladun - (Innocent) A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos; cut in half and turned to stone by Sauron on D3.
Eomer of the Rohirrim – (Innocent) An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs; skinned, gutted and sank into his own blood on N4.
Blind Guardian –(Innocent) A spirit of evil ways; skinned, gutted and sank into her own blood on N4.
Pitchwife - (Cobbler) Tender of Oromë's dogs; killed by the Maiar on D4.
elronds_daughter - (Innocent) A spirit of no-nonsense; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Shastanis Althreduin - (Seer) A spirit of water; sliced and cubed into a "hearty stew" between a discussion on theology on N5.
Mänwe - (Innocent) A spirit of short acquintances; unanimously killed with a blow from everyone on D5.
Macalaure – (Innocent) Carmótar, the Maia of housework; pierced by two swords on N6.
Caílin – (Innocent) A spirit of secrecy; pierced by two swords on N6.
Rikae – (Innocent) A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity; hacked to pieces in the frenzy of the traitors on the starting of D6.
A Little Green – (Innocent) A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming ; hacked to pieces in the frenzy of the traitors on the starting of D6.
Legate of Amon Lanc – (Innocent) A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space... ; hacked to pieces in the frenzy of the traitors on the starting of D6.
Aganzir – (Ranger) Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire ; hacked to pieces in the frenzy of the traitors on the starting of D6.

THE WOLVES DECLARE A PERFECT & DEVASTATING VICTORY!

Time to gloat! Time to wail!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #733
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*wail*
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #734
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Last time I go along with the crowd on anything, I tell you.

I hate to think how Shasta must have reacted to yesterDay...
Old 01-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #735
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*applauds*
Old 01-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #736
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
See what happens when you lynch me? Bad things!

*comforts Mac, starts up a rousing game of kick the muffins*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #737
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I hate to think how Shasta must have reacted to yesterDay...
He must have quite a bruised forehead from all the headdesking.

And you guys were lynching the wolves basically everyDay - normally you had two of them to lead the votes... and in the last moment you decided to let go of them!

The wolves singlehandedly took down twenty villagers without even one casualty of their own! That might be a record of some sort?

Cheers to the wolves for heart-stopping boldness - and well, some good luck as well.

So many of you villagers were on the right tracks, such many times... Tough going this time.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #738
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Easily the worst game I ever played as an ordo. *shakes head*

Protecting Nessa all along, being among the loudest at declaring Boro the cobbler and lynching Mänwe. Even when I got things right - suspecting Boro early and Skip later, I let go and got it all wrong.

Congrats to the wolves, though! Very well and very sneakily played.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #739
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*Ouch*

Well, that was grim, indeed. I saved a wolf, but I went out voting for one anyway.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #740
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
How embarrassing. The wolves were perfect -of course- but the ordinary villagers exceptionally foolish. Including myself here. Boromir88, you must have been awfully amused while "desperately pushing" for a Nessa-lynch.

To Shasta: this Manwe thing was so not your fault. Also not mine or Rikae's.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #741
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Facepalm.

Whoops.

From now on I'll always trust my gut. Skip I hate you! Wilwa I hate you too (I had my doubts about you but never paid enough attention to you)! And why why why did we leave Nessa alive all those days? Boro what on earth were you up to?

[/rant]

Awesome job, wolves (& cobbler).

Guess who I protected last night? That's right: skip. I thought I could as well roll a die so it was kind of random. I would've been so mad if Mac had been a wolf because I protected him twice, though (and Lottie & Greenie once).
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #742
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
To Shasta: this Manwe thing was so not your fault. Also not mine or Rikae's.
Seconded.

Also, the deep and fitting irony that the last Day of this game ended with lynching the Elder King.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #743
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Easily the worst game I ever played as an ordo. *shakes head*
Ehehe I could say the same, except the other time I was the ranger (Legate & Greenie did you get my hint(s)?) I was lynched on day 2 after a heavy quarrel with the hunter.

Being the first to declare Boro the cobbler. Analysing skip and concluding he looked innocent enough (I was having doubts because I have noticed I have a tendency to always suspect him). Starting the bandwagon against Pitch when we should have lynched skip. And forgetting all about wilwa after my day 2 bad feeling about her! Fail.

By the way who did Kit hunt?
Old 01-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #744
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
By the way who did Kit hunt?
On D1 she picked Sally. She changed it to Pitchie on N2 and held with him to the end.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #745
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
On D1 she picked Sally. She changed it to Pitchie on N2 and held with him to the end.
And you didn't let her take him with her? Grrrr!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #746
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Agan didn't see the hint in my first post of the game, apparently.

N1 - Agan
N2 - Eomer
N3 - Legate
N4 - Rikae
N5 - Skip
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #747
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Awesome job, wolves (& cobbler).
Amen about the wolves, but as for me, I don't think so. This was actually one of my cluelessest games ever. When I tell you who I thought the wolves were on my last Day living, you'll all gonna laugh your heads off. Somehow though I seem to have done the real wolves no lasting harm (despite stubbornly suspecting and voting one of them for half the game!), which is no small marvel.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #748
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hey, that was just amazing. I mean, sure, I am on the losing side, but I cannot help to feel wonderful about this game. Aside from the "minor" thing that I have been enjoying it since the beginning till the end (except for the moments when I wailed each Evening over the revelation what was the role of the lynched one), I agree with that it must be some sort of record to have four WWs surviving till the very end.

And you were all quite good, I mean, the pack was really "standard", up to the point of being totally unsuspicious. I mean: all this stuff about Nessa really being a Wolf, all this thing about people who were unsuspicious being really innocent - no double-bluffs, it was in fact quite plain, especially the thing about Nessa, like I said on the thread, we can now surely call her a survivalist Wolf. Such narrow escapes, for so long!

I must say I am however really happy for being right about Agan one time, resp. about not suspecting Agan and she still being innocent. I mean, wow.

And Mänwe! I am so sorry for participating in lynching you! But hey, even in spite of that, I am glad that except for the fail on last Day, I have been right about you and defended you even when the crusade started. Silly us, that was a total fail with the presumption about Shasta's last dream. But I mean, for a Seer, this game must have been a horror - he could easily get into deficite over one Night, just imagine, you dream two innocents during first two Nights and next Night they can both be dead and you can start anew. I consider it a small miracle Shasta managed to dream of three people who remained still alive.

Brilliant job, Wolves, what more to say...

Quote:
Ehehe I could say the same, except the other time I was the ranger (Legate & Greenie did you get my hint(s)?)
Um... no? What hints might that have been?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #749
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Amen about the wolves, but as for me, I don't think so. This was actually one of my cluelessest games ever. When I tell you who I thought the wolves were on my last Day living, you'll all gonna laugh your heads off. Somehow though I seem to have done the real wolves no lasting harm (despite stubbornly suspecting and voting one of them for half the game!), which is no small marvel.
So, who? Care to share? We won't laugh (too much)... at least I'd be interested to know.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #750
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Agan didn't see the hint in my first post of the game, apparently.
Aaaaaaaaahlögdzhöadbgvl! *headdesk* I was like, "That's weird, why should he say so?" but didn't draw the connection to myself and then forgot about it because I usually only skim through people's IC banter anyway.

That was so stupid of me. Seriously.

Another stupid thing is, I found your comments on Legate seerish on your last day but you were suspected so much I didn't think the wolves would kill you. Of course it's hard to predict who they kill when you have no idea who they are, but still.

*goes to the corner to sulk*
Old 01-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #751
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Um... no? What hints might that have been?
Lobster (okay it wasn't exactly a hint but Greenie might have got it because she calls me Lobster every now and then).
And pull yourself together or I'll give you Sharkey!

Greenie and Legate, both of whose innocence I was more or less convinced, were the only people who might have connected Lobelia to the ranger.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #752
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Aaaaaaaaahlögdzhöadbgvl! *headdesk* I was like, "That's weird, why should he say so?" but didn't draw the connection to myself and then forgot about it because I usually only skim through people's IC banter anyway.

That was so stupid of me. Seriously.

Another stupid thing is, I found your comments on Legate seerish on your last day but you were suspected so much I didn't think the wolves would kill you. Of course it's hard to predict who they kill when you have no idea who they are, but still.

*goes to the corner to sulk*

Oh good, you found it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #753
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Lobster (okay it wasn't exactly a hint but Greenie might have got it because she calls me Lobster every now and then).
And pull yourself together or I'll give you Sharkey!

Greenie and Legate, both of whose innocence I was more or less convinced, were the only people who might have connected Lobelia to the ranger.
Okay, that was a bit too complicated for me, at least. Had you said "umbrella", it would have been far clearer. Speaking of that, it didn't even cross my mind (okay, I think maybe once on some later Day) that you might be the Ranger, all the time I have been thinking of some quieter or even less experienced players - because the Ranger didn't manage to protect anybody, which I considered interesting given the amount of kills every Night... on the other hand, it's true that exactly for that reason it was not also easy to hit the right person, there were still too many options...
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #754
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Also, it amused me that Boro was the one who stuck up for me, of all people.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #755
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
because the Ranger didn't manage to protect anybody, which I considered interesting given the amount of kills every Night... on the other hand, it's true that exactly for that reason it was not also easy to hit the right person, there were still too many options...
Haha I had it narrowed down to 3-4 names each night, and I think one of my options died every night. I was having a very hard time because of lack of information - I just had no idea what kind of wolves we were dealing with.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #756
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Great game everybody! Sorry for framing so many innocents.

I'm really surprised about how it turned out. So many times I thought I was dead for sure, but then someone would help me.

Shasta, you've had really bad seer luck, huh?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #757
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
It was a good game. I did enjoy being lynched last. And no hard feelings to Legate and the others for voting, no doubt in the future I will do the same.

And thank you Nog for the amusing narration.
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #758
Ozban
Haunting Spirit

Ozban has just left Hobbiton.
Hilarious game.

That Nessa, can't belive it. From Day1 always suspected, never lynched.

And that YesterDays lynch of Manwe was really a masterpiece, my condolence. But I would have voted the same.

It's a pity i died so early, but when I look at it, I wouldn't guess the traitors. Boro and Wilwa kept half-submarine, half-active, I haven't formed any opinion on either of them during the whole game. Skip was seen in last days, but I'd not vote him, there were others more fishy. I voted Nessa on Day1 and I suspected her ever since, even from the grave. I would probably press on lynching her but who can say now, after the battle is over...

Good Job wolfsies. Never want to play against such a squad again.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #759
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
So, who? Care to share? We won't laugh (too much)... at least I'd be interested to know.
It'll take some time to explain, and I need to go to bed, but I'll tell you the full story tomorrow. For today, suffice it to say that the only real wolf I ever considered for even a while was Nessa (on the Day I voted Zil over her).
Old 01-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #760
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
I would've been so mad if Mac had been a wolf because I protected him twice

Guessing your role right was actually the only good thing I managed to do this game - after you brought my attention to the fact that Shasta referred to you as a cobbler, but to Rikae as an ordo. Didn't help, though.