The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #361
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm impartial to real or Downs time. But also I may or may not be able to make every voting deadline (I'll still vote everyday just maybe a few hours before deadline). I work until about twenty minutes before the deadline so if I do make it home by voting time (which I should) it'll be to cast a vote and make few comments. Because of work I can be on a large part of the beginning of days, but will be rather sparse the second half. Hopefully this isn't going to cause a huge problem in the game.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #362
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It is possible the 'Downs time wanders a long way from the real time. It has been deviating from the "real time" with more than an hour before so we can't count on it.

But all the votes posted within the 'Downs time will be counted as long as the difference stays in this three-four minutes like it is now. You are all intelligent people and understand when there is a difference of an hour between the 'Downs time and the time you actually live.

So the Deadline will be 11PM GMT 'Downs time for now but if the 'Downs time starts to go on it's own we'll be making a new decision. If this ruling is to be changed (the 'Downs time freaks out) I will inform you about the new ruling (making it strict real time) both here and in the game thread.

So untill further notice the 'Downs time will do. Although I still think the real time is better as it comes to you automatically, is seen all the time on your screen and is not dependent of your refreshing the page everytime just to check it...

I must admit that just like a few here have said I have never myself even checked the "'Downs time" as it is so uncomfortably at the end of the page and requires constant refreshing to be of any help.

PS. Another matter:
Just to make it clear. I have systematically referred to anyone unknown in this discussion thread as well as in the game thread by "she" from the very beginning. And I will continue doing so. There will neither be hints in the narrations. They are narrations that have a logic of their own.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #363
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry! Painful lack of internet all day, as I forgot to grab my laptop on the way to work. Fixed all the problems (except Morm's occupation....*shifty eyes*) and here's the new and improved link (which I'll also PM to Noggie in case he still wants it).

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ilytrees-4.jpg

Now, off to the game....!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 AM   #364
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I just wanted to let everyone know that, as mentioned a little earlier, I'm in the process of moving. As part of that, I still don't have internet at my new place, which means that access will be limited to coffee shops with WiFi until that's taken care of and my presence may be somewhat erratic until Saturday. Sorry about that.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #365
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Gwathagor! Throw on your invisibility cloak, quick!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #366
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Gwathagor! Throw on your invisibility cloak, quick!
Your point is a valid one and the committee will take it under consideration.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #367
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Gomen nasai!

I had a funny conversation when I got home (at about 9pm) last night.

'Did you know it was DAY 1 today?' said the Lhunatic.

'Oh, crap,' said I.

Sorry for not showing up yesterDAY, it won't happen again.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #368
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Sorry for not showing up yesterDAY, it won't happen again.
I'm pretty happy with your apologies. No problem.

But the rules say one who does not post or vote in two Days in a row will be modfired. So take care you don't miss Day2.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #369
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But the rules say one who does not post or vote in two Days in a row will be modfired.
I thought at first that this said "modified", which is actually more sinister than "modfired." It has a 1984 ring to it.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 06-04-2008 at 01:36 PM. Reason: gwath=stupid
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:00 PM   #370
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just giving notice

I have a school meeting tomorrow, so I will have difficulty posting on Day 2.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #371
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I don't want to be modified - I mean modfired - so I'll assure you that my no vote yesterDay will not happen again...I hope. So sorry.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #372
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm sorry about yesterDay (as seems to be theme of the last few posts). I came down with something just shy of a migraine midafternoon and ended up asleep long before and right through the deadline. I don't know what it is about werewolf games but I always seem to come down with something on Day 1. Ah well, it's over now, I'll try my best not to miss any more!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #373
Eönwė
Flame Imperishable

Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I thought at first that this said "modified", which is actually more sinister than "modfired." It has a 1987 ring to it.
Don't you mean 1984?
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #374
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwė View Post
Don't you mean 1984?
Oh wow. I am blindingly self-absorbed. 1987 is when I was born. Thanks, I better change that.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #375
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I just remembered that I'll be away for probably most of Day2 because of a very unofficial meeting, I'll try to miss it as well as I can, but I doubt that will work.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #376
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It looks like I will only be around briefly tomorrow morning early (ie just around 8am GMT) and then I hope to be back again just before voting deadline.
Sorry about that, I just worked out my schedule tomorrow and realised how little time I'd have online.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #377
Eönwė
Flame Imperishable

Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwė is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
School. Only now can I go on the Downs(=DW II)
Old 06-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #378
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I will be gone a lot today. Here are the times I will likely not be able to post-

11 PM till 4 AM GMT
7 AM till 2 PM GMT
4 PM till 9 PM GMT
And probably gone again right at the end.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #379
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I will be gone a lot today. Here are the times I will likely not be able to post-

11 PM till 4 AM GMT
7 AM till 2 PM GMT
4 PM till 9 PM GMT
And probably gone again right at the end.

You mean no useless vote recounts?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #380
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm not going to be around for about three hours right around the deadline; I have a wedding to go to, so I have to vote a bit early.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #381
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Attention:
Attention:

(Yes, that was necessary.)

This is Mr. Roa, and I regret to announce that Roa is a tad bit under the weather, and will not likely be posting tonight. She hopes to be around before the Day ends, but the blasted kids at work seem to have brought her a welcoming present of illness and disease.

Roa: "They're worse than rats."

Ahem. Yes, well, I think we're all aware of that. More importantly, I think this is all just an overly elaborate scheme of hers to not get lynched, infecting herself with children's germinology to play the sympathy vote, but I don't know. That's just me. Believe you me, I have a far greater knowledge of just how evil and subversive she can be than all of you (likely) placed together and boiled into concentrated Roa-knowledge.

*has pillow throw at him*

I must go. Evidently, she requires some sort of "care" or "loving." I don't understand it.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #382
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Wow. Thank you, Mister Roa. Do you want to join the Downs?

Anyway, expect (even more) diminished activity from me toDay. It's a Saturday, and Saturday's are always crazy.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #383
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Hmmm... does this mean we can lynch Mr. Roa?

Rest up, Roa! Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #384
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The opposite from me, though I'll be in the parking lot at odd intervals to make sure my battery's nice and charged.

Thanks for the heads-up, erm....Mister Roa. (That sounds weird....hehe) Tell her we all hope she feels better soon! Well, all of us except Phantom, that is.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #385
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Hmmm... does this mean we can lynch Mr. Roa?

Rest up, Roa! Hope you get to feeling better.
*slap* Bad Phantom. Bad.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #386
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooh, I think Mr. Roa should come play with us! I like his attitude. We need more attitude in these games, don't we...
Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 PM   #387
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Lupen en Tabula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Who could have done this to a little ageless girlie barely of any age?
I think, I’m in love with this.

Anyways, was going to come in here and say, "Sorry people, have work tomorrow", but I guess not.

First of all, love to thank the clairvoyant wolves for knowing this. It's either an appreciation for the hard work I do for canines, or just because of the innocent attraction, but I think I can safely say, its rather considerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Bah. Ka, why did you have to DIE???????????????
Well y'know, the village was becoming too personal for my tastes. Thanks for looking into it though.

I agree, Mr. Roa should join sometime. Then, he should join WW with Roa. Think of the Roa to Phantom team matches then.

Anyways, thanks to everyone. I'll be watching and waiting to give out some rep in the end of course.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 PM   #388
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Should there really be this much chatting here?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #389
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Perhaps Nog might clarify but I don't really see that we should be talking to dead people about the game it really does affect the integrity of the whole thing.
For the record, the only contact I've had with living players was not instigated by me and I've said nothing remotely hinting or confirmatory in response to anything that's been said to me.

The only thing I did was say I'd text Sally the lynch result at the deadline since she was going to be away from her computer. And made a joke about Nog swearing under his breath in Finnish every time someone makes a pseudo division sign vote.

If a village can't prevail without cheating they don't deserve to win, that's always been my thought, whichever side I (used to) be on.

(Sorry, I just don't want to be banned from future WW -- but 'Downers make up 90% of my friends so it's kind of hard to avoid them completely and totally.)
Old 06-09-2008, 11:56 AM   #390
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I trust everyone to not 'cheat.' I certainly do not think of either you or Sally in such a way. Mostly I feel the problem is specifically bringing up the deceased in such a way in the game...

< / 'chatting' >

Edit: Hmm. I don't mean like 'it breaks the mood' or anything. That's silly. Ah well, explaining is for another time...
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #391
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I understand Di and feel no cheating has been engaged in, my point was that names of the dead should not be brought up in the manner they were and the dead should not be posting on the thread. This can call into question the integrity was the point.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #392
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I trust everyone to not 'cheat.' I certainly do not think of either you or Sally in such a way. Mostly I feel the problem is specifically bringing up the deceased in such a way in the game...

< / 'chatting' >

Edit: Hmm. I don't mean like 'it breaks the mood' or anything. That's silly. Ah well, explaining is for another time...

yeah, sorry about that. Di's on my facebook, so it was just easier for her to get my number off there then to PM it to Roa (who very kindly offered her services). I felt it more fair than PMing, which no one but the two of us could verify. That and it felt slightly more fair (though since she was a gifted I dunno how I reasoned that) that I get my info from a dead player than a live one, as well....I trust the dead to not slant things in any way, especially Di. *kind of feels like an idiot now, but it happens *

Now, while I still have a bit, back off to the game!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #393
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I regret to inform you...

Due to time constraints and a severe lack of internet, I will have to leave the game. This is the end. Goodbye.

(no, not forever. Probably just until I get back to school.)

So have fun without me, if indeed you can.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #394
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Due to time constraints and a severe lack of internet, I will have to leave the game. This is the end. Goodbye.

We'll miss you Cabbie; you did really well while you were alive despite your inability to participate more. Play with you again in the fall, kiddo.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:55 PM   #395
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post

I'm sorry we ever fought over Aganzir; she wasn't worth it. I'll think of you when I'm robbing the lords and ladies fine out on the king's highway, little brother.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:43 PM   #396
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots I regret to inform you that . . .

Lhuna has internet troubles in her boarding house.

If you want, I can post as her. But I reckon it's unethical for the dead to possess the living, haha.

She may be able to post tomorrow, though. I think.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #397
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I really do not want to be doing this again - I must be going for a record or something! - but I would like to request to be modfired. Since classes started (last Tuesday) I realised that I can no longer give this game the attention it deserves, and that's not just because of my internet problems. I'm sorry for not saying this earlier, and for any inconvenience I might cause/have caused you all.

Enjoy the rest of the game everyone, and I'm still rooting for you, my fellow innocents.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #398
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Lame.

I'm sorry you have to go.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #399
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

But I'm sure none of you will miss me, considering how I seem to be slipping under everyone's radars.

Wait for me, my dear phantom! We'll be together again, and then we could go and spend a lot of time together somewhere private.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-12-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #400
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Wait for me, my dear phantom! We'll be together again, and then we could go and spend a lot of time together somewhere private.

None of that! This is a family site!

Kidding, kidding. I'm sorry you have to go though. We'll do our best to win the game for you though!