The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
T-I-G LXVII: The Rangers of the North - The Fell Winter

Sorry but I’ll make you all men because the story is a story of rangers and there probably weren’t any female rangers – not to talk of half of the gang being females… Sorry.

The dark clouds that poured the snow down had blocked the sun already in the early afternoon but now it was getting actually dark. The wind grew harsher and colder by minute and the rangers trying to make their way in the snow were having no choices. They had to halt rather sooner than later.

“Baithïr’s hills should not be far… we’ll take cover for the night there!” Captain Nogrod yelled against the storming wind hoping that someone could hear him from the howl of the air around them. Well, if we find them in this blizzard… he thought to himself but kept the pessimism to his own.

They dragged on for about an hour in the blizzard when they finally saw the dark shapes of the small mounds the rangers called Baithïr’s hills in memory of a rather comic incident a few Breelanders had been involved with decades ago. None remembered the story too well anymore but the name had stuck.

“Here be it!” Fea proclaimed when he finally reached the slight cover of the mound and threw his backpack to the snow.

“Then fire…” said Nienna as he let his backage down next to Fea’s.

“Who has the firewood?” Inzil asked looking around for a suitable place to start building a fire.

“I has them!” Sally shouted from behind. “I’m coming, I’m coming… just a moment.”

Suddenly the wind sounded different. It was like it had been but it was also like there was something added to it.

“Now what’s that?” Hakon asked somewhat irritated.

“I don’t like the sound of it, whatever it is…” Mac said spitting to the snow and then raising his head to listen more carefully.

“Wolves?” Kath asked after listening to the sounds for a few seconds. “That could be wolves…”

“Wolves, here?” Loslote sounded unhappy with the speculation. “Now we don’t need to add wolves to our condition now do we?”

Suddenly Valier stood up from his pack he had been sitting on. “I have a bad feeling about this… it sounds like wolves but it’s not normal wolves. It’s something fouler…”

“You mean the stories of the White Wolves might be true?” Greenie suggested looking grim.

“I’ve heard even fouler stories…” Nerwen added and took a firm hold of his sword. “Whatever they are, they are nearer now!”, he shouted and stood up.

“A circle, form a circle!” Nogrod yelled drawing his sword.

“I can see one, there!” Roa called and ran to face the beast coming from the blizzard.

“I’m with you!” Lommy shouted and went after Roa.

“There’s one… no two here as well!” Boro yelled and charged.

“Coming! Coming!” Legate called after Boro.

“They’re everywhere!” Gwath exclaimed while turning against the nearest one.

“Cover your mates! Look around!” Brinn yelled as he went to help Gwath who was actually facing two wolves.

“One down!” Rune was all smeared in blood but the wolf laid down in front of him. The snow was dark red around the corpse. “Who needs help?”

The fight was over quite as soon as it had ignited. The wolves retreated as soon as they realised they had attacked tougher guys they had bargained for. But many were wounded, Captain Nogrod the worst. He had a bleeding artery and had been saved only by Hakon’s courage and determination.

Loslote! The Cap’n! We can’t let him bleed to death!” Greenie yelled when he saw the blood around Nogrod and tried to rip the furcoat from him to get to see the wound.

“Fire someone... Sally, quick!” Fea called and went to her package looking for the little herbs he had left.

Soon the rangers had built a modest camp shoving the snow away from an area and building a fire in the middle of the sphere of uncovered soil. Nogrod laid by the fire and the fever started to rise. He was shaking all over even if the wounds had been succesfuly bound.

“Rest now me mate…” Mac tried to console the Captain stroking his hair. “Just rest, everything’s different in the morning. We’ll keep you warm my friend.”

Nogrod tried to say something but couldn’t.

“Okay, some people take care of the Captain but we need sleep ourselves as well…” Gwath said and looked around. “Wake me up in a few hours and I’ll pick me a mate to look after him for the next few. Okay?”

"Wake me up as well..." Roa said, "I'm no use in healing but I have my sword and my ears..."

Many nodded while others just turned away to get some sleep. Boro and Kath stayed at the side of their Captain as the first turn keeping up the fire and trying to make Nogrod to swallow their last herbs in a potion Valier had made.

"Just don't die now... don't you dare to die... we've seen too much together" Kath whispered while trying to make Nogrod drink the potion.

Boro stared at the fire and the snow piled on his jacket... It was going to be a long night to all of them.

It's Night1 now (and I'm ten minutes late...).

Hush...

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Night 1

Even if the temperature fell down to minus 20 degrees during the night Nogrod was sweating all over moaning and groaning in pain not being able to sleep. Finally the shaking ceased for a moment and he managed to open his eyes a bit. He saw the worried faces of Rune and Lommy bending over him.

“I’ll warm the potion to you Cap’n… I mean if you could drink it now? Mead and herbs… makes good.” Rune asked and rose to warm the tin-mug in the fire.

“Nightmares as well Nogs? That’s what it is? You sounded terrified…” Lommy whispered to his long time Captain.

Nogrod nodded slowly and sighed trying to fully open his eyes, with little success. “And the pain… It’s like… like my whole body and soul are on fire that consumes all from the inside…” he muttered quietly. “Sorry…” He drew breath and closed his eyes to regain some power.

“What is this devilry…” Lommy whispered as he wiped Nogrod’s forehead with a warm cloth. “You’ve been like a father to me, don’t fade my friend...” he murmured quietly before Rune came with the potion. Together they lifted Nogrod’s head up and forced him to drink the potion Valier had made. He coughed long and hard trying to swallow the potion but finally at least some of it was inside him and the two rangers carefully laid him back on the ground.

“Okay then…” Nogrod began concentrating on the few words he felt he had strength to utter. “I don’t think I’ll be seeing the light of day anymore so listen carefully…”

“Don’t you dare speaking like that.” Rune protested. “We’ll get you well, we’ll carry you to Bree… We’ll walk night and day if needs be…”

Nogrod laid his hand on Rune’s arm and just hushed quietly silencing the ranger.

“I know it mates… I’m dying. That comes to everyone one time.” He paused and looked at the other ranger to the eye. “Listen now both of you. You should not go to Bree… We’re the farthest to the west of any company. You should head for the Shire; Tuckborough, Hobbitton… just think what those foul beasts could do with the hobbits…” Nogrod gathered some strength and continued. “You need to choose a new Captain for you…”

“No!” Fea had woken up and had come to see what was going on with their captain. A small tear fell down his weather-beaten cheek. “You’re the Captain, Nogrod. We’ll get you out from here, out from this foul winter. We’ll not let you down comrade... my Captain.”

Nogrod looked at Fea in anguish and shook his head, but then continued with what he had started. “And you’ll need to set up some guards during the Nights so as not to be surprised the way we were… and keep walking…”

Suddenly Nogrod’s body jerked violently and he howled with pain. Yes, he howled. He howled so eerily that the sound sent shivers to everyone’s spine. His body twisted and it looked like his skin was melting away from his body.

“What is that?!” Loslote yelled rising up.

Everyone was up now. Some tried to keep Nogrod down and still, fighting against the disgust with the melting and transforming body.

Nogrod panted heavily between the fits: “Kill me! Kill me now! That’s an order!” Then the jerking continued and he yelled in pain. “Give me the sword, for Valar’s sake, give me my sword!”

The rangers looked at each other not quite knowing what to do.

“Kill the beasts! There’s four more! Kill them!” Nogrod shouted and then swung himself up finally transforming into a gigantic werewolf as he went up.

Lommy and Rune took cover ducking the swings of the huge paws coming for them.

Inzil, Hakon and Nienna fired their arrows in concerto and they penetrated the tough wolfskin making the wolf howl.

Another set of arrows were released from the bows of Mac, Kath and Boro felling the giant.

“Quick now, it’s not the Captain anymore!” Legate yelled and ran his sword through the wolf’s chest while Roa cut the head off. The others followed the example and stabbed the beast in fury for so long it was merely a mess of bone, muscle, innards and blood.

Then it was quiet. No one dared to face the others for a while. They had killed their long-time Captain in a frenzy… and yet it was not him they had butchered.

Four more?

The first rays of the sun came from between the edge of the forest and the dark clouds hanging over them but Nogrod was not there to see the light of the day anymore.

The Living:

Fea
Nienna
Inzil
Sally
Hakon
Macalaure
Kath
Loslote
Valier
Greenie
Nerwen
Roa
Lommy
Boro
Legate
Gwath
Brinn
Rune

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.

It's now Day1.

It's your turn!

Last edited by Nogrod; 09-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #3
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The first kill was werewolf? Go village...?

Alright, there is no doubt that this is a very complicated game with a lot of ways to die. So, let's get the most complicated thing out the way first- captain. Is there anyone who for any reason does NOT want to be captain (either for RL reasons, not comfortable with the role, etc.)? At least that will narrow down the options while we pick each other apart with angry paranoia. Same for NG's- anyone absolutely against being an NG? (Not that there would be, since it's basically guaranteed protection with no responsibility.)

Also, we must vote for a captain, but unless I'm very much confused, we don't need to vote for NG's. I don't have a problem having NG's- it's always good for the village to limit the wolves. Does anyone else?

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
*Wonders how many of Nog's buttons I must push to get mod-fired. Let's start with...*

Here and reading.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Also, we must vote for a captain, but unless I'm very much confused, we don't need to vote for NG's.
Actually you have to - as said in the rules (everyone votes for one and the two gaining the most votes will be chosen).

You don't have to vote for the BG's as they will be picked by the Captain.

Boro: there is no such button...
Old 09-21-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
So, let's get the most complicated thing out the way first- captain. Is there anyone who for any reason does NOT want to be captain (either for RL reasons, not comfortable with the role, etc.)? At least that will narrow down the options while we pick each other apart with angry paranoia. Same for NG's- anyone absolutely against being an NG? (Not that there would be, since it's basically guaranteed protection with no responsibility.)
For Day 2 I will not be around for the latter half, and certainly not for DL. Beyond that, I have no issues with being Captain, and no issues with NG at all.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Actually you have to - as said in the rules (everyone votes for one and the two gaining the most votes will be chosen).

You don't have to vote for the BG's as they will be picked by the Captain.
Ok, that makes sense. In that case, I will be holding my vote for NG until much later. (When I have an idea of who would benefit most from it.)

Inziladun, am I correct then in assuming you don't want to be a captain candidate toDay??

Old 09-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OHHH Poor Noggie!!! Werewolves in our midst? Well that is frightening!

I'm here, but will be busy most of the night (rl night) I don't have any problems with being Captain or NG. I will, like Roa be saving my vote for Captain at least awhile, I need to see who is worthy to lead us.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #9
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Inziladun, am I correct then in assuming you don't want to be a captain candidate toDay??
Well, toDay wouldn't be a problem, but Day 2 could be. Whatever you all think best.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Alright, there is no doubt that this is a very complicated game with a lot of ways to die. So, let's get the most complicated thing out the way first- captain. Is there anyone who for any reason does NOT want to be captain (either for RL reasons, not comfortable with the role, etc.)? At least that will narrow down the options while we pick each other apart with angry paranoia. Same for NG's- anyone absolutely against being an NG? (Not that there would be, since it's basically guaranteed protection with no responsibility.)
Okay, that's what I like about Roa - straight to the point (and now people can speak about nonsensical first posts). Anyway, as for me, I have nothing against either, Captain or NG. And NGs are certainly positive, so let's choose them carefully too. Especially as voting them is far more "random" given that there are two of them and it comes from different votes.

I am probably not going to hang around now, it's pretty late and I just stopped by as I am online, but I will come and post more after I wake up, which is in some eight (or ten...) hours. So until then, good Day, village...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #11
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Good news for you Legate, is at least you can't get lynched if you are a NG or BG choice. I would find it humorous to make you Captain for a Day (of course lynching you the next )
Old 09-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*pokes village*

Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
PS. I'll rep people once I've finished giving out reps for the previous game.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 AM   #14
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up Nogrod, please don't mod-fire me for this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyimppum View Post
I have read your topic. What's useful innformation for my job.
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
have a blessed day
Oh good, good. I think I speak for the rest of the village when I say we're so glad to have helped you in your chosen career of Werewolf Slaying Ranger!

And I agree with you! Killing werewolves is the most effective way to deal with them!

So you're liposuctioning them to death, are you?

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-23-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night 2

The Night was not quiet. The wind didn’t stop as it usually did and the snow that seemed to penetrate every protection forced the rangers to wrap themselves tightly inside their blankets to get even an eyeful of sleep. Legate, Nienna and Fea were sitting as a group around a small fire while Boro and Valier tried to stay warm by walking in circles farther outside the camp trying to listen for any foul voices from the darkness.

At the evil hour just before the Daybreak three forms emerged from the darkness surrounding one of the sleepers, careful to avoid any eyes that could catch them in their mischief.

“Ready?” one hissed to his fellows.

“Ready…” another whispered back. The third one nodded.

The two revealed their flashing teeth in the darkness while the third jumped to their victim. He went for the head and jerked it violently forcing a cloth into his mouth and pressing his mouth shut with the crook of his arm. At the same time the two sank their teeth into his flesh ripping chunks out from the body. The victim was kicking and trying to wrestle himself out from the hold of the third wolf but to no avail. He was being eaten alive…

Suddenly there was an unwanted noise and all werewolves froze. Someone was walking there, too near. The three exchanged a quick look and disappeared back into the blizzard.

Macalaure had passed out for a second but as he shortly came back to his senses he yelled from pure horror and pain. It was not a nightmare, it was real! For a second he couldn’t believe it – but the pain reminded him of the reality. He was panting heavily. And then he snapped.

Disregarding the pain he stood up bleeding terribly, his bowels hanging out from his stomach.

“You don’t sneak to old Mac like that unpunished!” he bellowed and started determinately forwards carrying his unsheathed sword with him.

Many had awoken and the rest were awakening to the carnage.

“Inziladun! You coward! Fight like a man!” Mac continued and tried to hurry as he felt his powers to diminish. “I know you beast!”

A ranger had gotten near enough and tried to halt Macalaure but with his berserk rage no one could stop him – even if half of his innards were just following him in the snow behind him. With a powerful sweep of his arm he pushed the intruder away and reached Inzil who was just trying to rise up and grab his sword.

“Now here’s the return-ticket!” he yelled enraged as he cut Inzil’s head off with one blow.

There were four rangers leaping forwards to stop him and they managed to fell him down. But there was nothing for them to stop anymore. Mac was dead.

And Inzil was dead as well. Unchanged.

The blood coloured the snow but there was no sunrise to paint the colours.

The Living:

Fea
Nienna
Sally
Kath
Loslote
Valier
Greenie
Nerwen
Roa
Lommy
Boro
Legate
Gwath
Brinn

The Dead:

Nogrod (mod) - turned into a werewolf and butchered on N1.
Hakon (The Master Hunter) - stuck dead on D1.
Rune (Werewolf) - killed from the sword of the Master Hunter at the end of D1.
Macalaure (The Berserk Hunter) - eaten alive by the werewolves on N2.
Inzil (Ordinary Innocent) - decapitated by the Berserk Hunter on N2.

It's Day2 now.

Feel free to talk everyone.

All the Night-talkers... stop PMing.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Gruesome.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

That's freaky, I was telling Val, Mac was my #1 suspect because of his responses towards Rune. Well...there goes my Day 2 opening post.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #18
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow indeed
Guess you were way off Boro
I must say also that I was quite surprised at Rune being a wolf.
The wolves had the first might to make a plan and I'm sure it was a good one.

Rune hates being a wolf and always seems to get killed early if he is one I believe.
So I am sure he planned to try and take control by insisting he be the captain. Do you think the wolves planned to be all loud or do you think they are all going to play different roles in the village? Hmmmm I'm going to look at the people who were against Rune being captain because I am sure there is at least one wolf in there if not two.

Last edited by Valier; 09-23-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: xed with Roa twice
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #19
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon, if you were alive, I’d kiss you. I have to say, I laughed out loud when I saw the results of Day 1. On the one hand- yay, for the Master Hunter, you really saved us. On the other hand, we all managed to lynch a gifted and vote a wolf into the captaincy.
Anyways, now we have a lot to analyze. Based on yesterday, the people who defended Rune and the people who lynched Hakon are in my sights. “But Roa,” you say, “do you really think the wolves would try to defend each other? Isn’t that rather obvious?”
Why, yes, it is, and so is a wolf outright declaring that we should make him captain. And if they thought they had a shot at captaincy, they surely would try for it. Would they risk their potential captain by trying to lynch him? I really don’t think so. They may not have voted him for captain directly, but they probably played down his suspicious behavior. Then again, they may have gambled and voted for him. After all, there was no way they could know Hakon was the Master Hunter. So anyone who voted for Hakon, especially after Rune started gaining in the votes, is also suspicious.
At this point, Boromir is still high on my list. And people who voted for Hakon.
My analysis is starting with those three. Legate, if you could please tell us who you picked as BG, and why?
Also, I want to vote for a new captain today. With Nogrod’s clarification of the rules, I feel even more strongly that we should change captains regularly. Merely deciding a tie is not nearly as powerful as canceling the lynch or changing the lynchee to someone else with one less vote. Keeping that power out of everyone’s hands is better for the village than risking the wolves’ getting it. Imagine if Rune had had that power? Not that I don’t trust you, Legate (I don’t), but I call for a captain vote.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, I see the narration answered my question to Legate as for who he picked. Why those two?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #21
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, hm, I guess this Berserk episode slightly changed the balance again in contrary to yesterDay's rather succesful (despite the death of Hakon) aftermath. I mean, I would have considered yesterDay as quite a lucky turn of events, because it seemed evident that Rune would probably have remained alive and unlynched as the fact that he'd become a Captain would save him. So all in all, Hakon did a really good job. A pity, I might add now, that Mac hasn't been so succesful himself.

However! That could bring us to some clarifications here. At least as to better determine the position of the Wolves. Though quite likely, if I were one of them, I would choose the kill in the attempt to leave as little trail as possible - given that there is already one dead Wolf, which might serve us as guideline to others. But let's see.

I guess we should check Mac's posting yesterDay, if there's any reason why he would be killed OR why he would NOT BE FEARED TO be killed - and also the Rune-Captain-voters (that probably the most of all). I have been discussing this matter already a bit with my chosen bodyguards toNight and we basically agreed that it makes sense for the WWs to have tried to put Rune into the leading position, at least one of them could likely vote for him. Maybe? In any case, the probably most "guiltily" voting person, Inzil (votes for Rune-Captain and for Hakon's lynch) is dead, and it's quite easy, I believe, to see Mac's logic behind this. I would have thought in the same way, likely. But I think it's certainly good to take a look at the others.

I really don't want to stay awake here for a long time, as I need to get up at some reasonable time tomorrow and it's already quite late here, but I hope at least something will be left here for you to evaluate. And maybe my BGs could tell you, if you wish to know, of some things we have discussed over the Night (though there's nothing too big. And I can speak of my impressions about them later during the Day). And in case somebody didn't figure that out of the narration, Fea and Nienna were my BGs toNight.

Btw. One topic to ponder (after other things, but just to say it before I am gone) - as I figured out, the Captain really can adjust his lynch-stopping powers only on the second Day of his Captainship, if he is still in office, so... do you folks want to change your Captain, or are you fine with keeping me at least one more Day (it would also help me to kind of make a better picture of things, being able to pick more BGs on the next Night) and then just see? Of course it's all the matter of how much you trust me etc., but even for further "usage" of the Captains, I have been thinking that given how the rules are, it would perhaps be better to just have them for at least these two consecutive Days. So one more thing you can think of or discuss or ponder while I am not around.

I will probably check back yet in a short while, but I'm really going to sleep in some fifteen minutes now.

EDIT: ugh, x-ed with already a score of people
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #22
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boromir- He goes first because I suspected him first.

Post 1- banter

Post 2- seems to think being an NG or BG saves you from lynching, more banter

Post 3- banter

(This post I found irksome, as he was clearly present but refusing to actually participate.)

Post 4- Excuses Rune’s bid for power as Rune being Rune. [i](Oh, really?) Now infamous questioning of Fea’s motives (My first reason for suspecting him), quote contest (wrong forum)

(Say what you will, to me it looked like a wolf trying to sew suspicion and then back-pedaling later when it started to go bad for him.)

Post 5- Further expounds upon what he’s “not convinced” about with Fea (I still have no idea what he was trying to get at) says he’s going to pick a captain either on who he trusts or on whoever jumps through the most hoops for him

(You would give away the role of captain on such flimsy grounds as who’s willing to please you?)

Post 6- Response to Roa’s questions, says that asking for clarification on a comment is not a crime, (That didn’t actually answer the question I asked. I asked what he thought Fea could possibly be up to by using his name to dumb her retractables. He never came up with anything.) Says he would consider Nerwen because she got his question right, along with Rune. (Now I have to wonder if he intended to vote for Rune all along. Was Nerwen ever really in the running, or was it all a ploy? Why was he considering Rune? As far as I’ve read, no one else was seriously considering Rune for captain except Rune. Boromir was the one who really started pulling for him.) Explains that his quote was about him being unconvinced, says Legate misrepresented the situation, (which I don’t think Legate did), and that he’s dropped the issue about Fea already, and now is simply responding to people asking him about it (Again, this looks very much like a wolf back-peddling after a plan went bad)

Post 7- explains absence

Post 8- Asks Roa if she’s tense, thinks Roa is blowing the Fea thing out of proportion, compares Fea’s comment to someone trying to claim that a bandwagon is not a bandwagon, thinks Fea has something up her sleeve (I still don’t see what his thought process was for this, and he has yet to come up with a plausible scheme for Fea to have been trying) thinks Roa isn’t looking at it from his perspective, assumes that he was picked for a reason (there is no basis for this claim) asks Nogrod for rule clarification

Post 9- Agrees with Legate about band-wagoning on minor issues (of course) says to vote for him if we find him suspicious, says he won’t be the worst loss for the village, says he has been answering the questions, even though the answers may not be satisfactory, says Fea has a history of wanting him dead early, and he wants to know why in this game (Firstly, Fea has made no attempts on him in this game. She didn’t even use lynch votes to dump her retractables, she used captain/guard votes. There is no reason to assume that Fea wants him dead.)

Post 10- Votes Rune for Captain and Inzil for NG (He started the vote for Rune as captain because he liked Rune’s campaign speech? Not on someone you’d trust or want to protect, but you give the most powerful role into the village to someone just because he wants it?)

Post 11- Says it doesn’t matter if a gifted is made NG, BG, or captain, because then they’re protected even if they can’t do their jobs (What is the point of having gifted if they don’t do anything? That only benefits the wolves)

Post 12- Clarification on rules

Post 13- explanation on highlighting

Post 14- Thinks Val is a wolf, quotes Valier bantering with Fea (Was that your evidence against Valier?)

Post 15- Admits that his suspicion against Valier is only a hunch based on her light attitude throughout the day (Is Valier ever otherwise?), says no one has had any decent reason for suspecting anyone except Roa (An odd statement) but thinks he does now (didn’t he just say that he didn’t?), says we need more suspicions in the village instead of letting Roa do all the work (a statement I agree with)

Post 16- Admits that he was silly to start with, but says that Valier has been excessively so (He excuses Rune-wolf’s bid for power Rune being Rune, but suspects Valier for being Valier) says Roa should relax herself and not work so hard (I appreciate the thought, but it’s not needed. For all my complaints, I love the way I play the game.) Says he’s named people he wants to keep and people he suspects, and has spoken with his votes (Again, sorry for upsetting you, I’m well aware of your opinions, and I can’t fault your activity level. It’s your reasoning I disagree with or don’t follow, and that raises red flags in my mind.)

Post 17- Agrees with Valier

Post 18- Accepts Roa’s apology (thank goodness) doesn’t like Nerwen’s vote for him, says he hasn’t made a big deal out of the Fea thing but has only been defending himself (This much is true, and it gives me some pause. I may have a look at Nerwen again)

Post 19- Thinks Rune’s bid for captain has also been blown out of proportion, doesn’t like the vague words being used, says just because you don’t think someone would be a good captain doesn’t mean they’re a wolf. (Actually, the only things in my mind that make a “bad” captain are lack of availability and being suspicious. If I think someone’s a wolf I don’t want them to be captain. If I don’t think someone is a wolf, I do want them to be captain, unless they can’t be there for it, which again, gives me pause to think over the people who didn’t find Rune suspicious, but also didn’t vote for him as captain.)

Post 20- Says that if the wolves lynch him it would cost them, but agrees that he shouldn’t be NG. (This looks like a really obvious gifted hint, which a real gifted wouldn’t make)

Post 21- clarifies that the vague words comments were directed towards Sally, Lommy, Nienna, and Kath, open defense of Rune (an innocent move or a wolf making a gamble? An innocent has no reason to trust anyone at this point, and the points against Rune are viable and legitimate, so why try to disprove them? Also, Valier made no claim about wanting to be captain, so I don’t know what he’s getting at, except to say there isn’t a conspiracy. As there are wolves in the village working together to bring the village down, I would say that of course there’s a conspiracy.) Says that using connection at this point are premature.

Post 22- Says he wasn’t making a gifted hint, but that it’s difficult for people to lynch him, and anyone who’s involved in his lynch gets in a tight spot. (That’s true for any innocent who’s lynched, easily or not)

Post 23- agrees that he doesn’t want to see Rune lynched, but wonders why Valier and Mac feel the same (Why didn’t you want to see Rune lynched?)

Post 24- Votes Lommy for lynch (Wow, that came out of the blue) because she says he’s not acting like himself and she finds him suspicious, but isn’t sure about lynching him. (He keeps suspecting people who suspect him on what he calls poor reasoning. Either he’s being paranoid and egotistical, or… no, paranoid and egotistical fits the bill quite nicely here )

Post 25- Wonders why Sally is a last minute bandwagon choice. (Sally didn’t even get a vote, so I don’t know what he’s talking about.)

Post 26- Thinks Lommy is setting herself up to vote for him when the timing is right.

Post 27- Says he hasn’t suspected Roa for suspecting him because he sees logic and reasoning in her arguments (Thankyou, so do I.) Says Lommy has said the same thing about him 3 times. (This is true, and I see his point in it. But the Lommy I know is almost always hesitant with her votes.)

End of Day 1. I must say, I appreciate the volume of his posts and his level of activity. Some of the things he’s said I really can’t argue with, and some of the things he’s said has drawn me to look at other people. Still, some of what he’s said has had very poor reasoning or no reasoning at all. And he never mentioned why he wanted Rune to be captain so badly other then Rune wanted it. The fact that Rune wanted it was suspicious, and his method of trying to get it was suspicious, but Boromir excused all of his behavior as “Typical Rune” while not extending the same courtesy to Valier (who’s always light hearted) or Lommy (who could start a restaurant with all of her waffles). I’d like to hear why he threw his support so squarely behind Rune-wolf on such poor reasoning, not just wanting him as captain but trying to keep him from being lynched. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for that pesky hunter Hakon!

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 09-23-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: fixed linkies
Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, I have a paper to finish and a quiz to prep for, but I'll be back soon. With more analysis.

(BTW- the paper I have to write is for class teaches us how to use logical argument to prove our own points as well as to debunk the points of others. Yes, I'm loving it.)

Edit: crossed

Old 09-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Btw. One topic to ponder (after other things, but just to say it before I am gone) - as I figured out, the Captain really can adjust his lynch-stopping powers only on the second Day of his Captainship, if he is still in office, so... do you folks want to change your Captain, or are you fine with keeping me at least one more Day (it would also help me to kind of make a better picture of things, being able to pick more BGs on the next Night) and then just see? Of course it's all the matter of how much you trust me etc., but even for further "usage" of the Captains, I have been thinking that given how the rules are, it would perhaps be better to just have them for at least these two consecutive Days. So one more thing you can think of or discuss or ponder while I am not around.
Really? The rule clarification just makes me want to move captains along more. An innocent captain still stands a chance of fouling things up (and if we're going to foul the lynch up, we may as well foul it up as a village, and not leave the decision up to one person), a gifted captain wouldn't be able to use their abilities, and a wolf captain with that kind of power would be truly devastating. No, thank you. Decide a tie, but more than that is too dangerous.

Edit: crossed

Old 09-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #25
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Roa as New Captain

Because she speaks such lovely sense.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 09-23-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: I keep forgetting my plus signs...
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote