The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #401
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Ok, I have to leave now.

This is terribly frustrating. I feel like I don't have enough information to make a good decision, so I'm just going to have to go with gut feelings here.

My vote:

++Nerwen

Good luck everyone, hopefully this goes well.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #402
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It looks like the number of spiderlings depends on whether Sam healed the one stinged on N3 or not.

If we have only one spiderling we are on 7-2 now, with two we have 6-3.

I'm looking for the scenarios just to see what our situation is.

Now Frodo is going to die anyway and if we start to look at our situation toMorrow morning we need to deduce one goodie from the tally.

So 6-2 or 5-3

Looking at the worse scenario first, aka that we lynch an innocent, we will be on 5-2 or 4-3 toMorrow morning.

The latter one looks pretty bad as it requires only one innocent to vote for another innocent for the baddies to rally into victory.

So they is a marked difference. Sam knows the answer but I do think we others should keep the worse scenario in mind when making our votes toDay.

Which brings me to the fact that I have little or nothing to say about a too big a company, namely Fea, Lottie, Nerwen, Shasta, Zil... I'll try to do something about it.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #403
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Oh, and I'll be able to keep up with everything else that happens toDay on my breaks at work, my phone lets me come on the site but it won't let me post. I'm just letting you all know incase someone sees me do something on Facebook or something in the next few hours and wonders why I can use the internet but can't come on here. Good luck!

x'ed with Noggins
Old 05-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #404
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
This is terribly frustrating. I feel like I don't have enough information to make a good decision
Seconded (I was just looking the last line of my own post and the number of people I realised I had nothing much to say).

It is the new dynamics... where there isn't such teamplay involved one could try to read (like aiding mates in voting etc.) - and of course the small number of posts from nearly everyone. Let's change that.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #405
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

A bit busy right now, and feeling a bit disengaged and lethargic. I mean really, if it's Shasta or Nerwen we couldn't be expected to guess it given subnormal votes and participation. If it's Fea we couldn't be expected to guess given her volunteering of special gaming conditions and general random disinterest.

Meh, whatever. Just so long as Wilwa and I don't get lynched today I don't really care. Fight it out people. I would suggest a multi-lynch, but we can't do those.

I'm sort of in the mood for just attacking anyone that accuses me, as from my perspective it's as likely as anything to be some sort of evil plot.

Perhaps I won't reach 100 posts for once.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #406
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'm sort of in the mood for just attacking anyone that accuses me, as from my perspective it's as likely as anything to be some sort of evil plot.
Isn't that *always* how it looks from your perspective, phantom?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #407
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Isn't that *always* how it looks from your perspective, phantom?

Possible post of the Day. I'm just sayin'.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #408
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Also, I'm getting sick of everyone saying I'm not posting. I've posted about as much as everyone else, actually. Which given my current circumstances has really been quite good of me, I think. So there.

EDIT:X'd with Moddess.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #409
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
How could that have any bearing on your suspicion of me? From what I could gather, she voted me because she'd seen nothing that indicated my innocence, not because she saw anything to indicate my guilt. The only way it would have any affect on your suspicion is it makes it easier for you to lynch me. Is this post just another reiteration of how you suspect me, without furthering your claims any? You don't put forward points, you simply speculate on whether there might be some. This is so incredibly deja-vuish...I can remember at least two games off the top of my head where this exact same thing has happened.
Not going to justify, or argue. Waste your vote if you like. Even better, let a few follow your lead, and let the good side see the result.

Quote:
A bit busy right now, and feeling a bit disengaged and lethargic. I mean really, if it's Shasta or Nerwen we couldn't be expected to guess it given subnormal votes and participation. If it's Fea we couldn't be expected to guess given her volunteering of special gaming conditions and general random disinterest.
I agree with all. And that I find most frightening.

Quote:
J'accuse!
Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #410
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Possible post of the Day. I'm just sayin'.
Thank you, O Moddess.

EDIT:X'd with Zil.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #411
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

True, but I can't change my ways because of how incredibly often it actually happens like that.

Oops. Not supposed to be talking. *shuts up*
Old 05-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #412
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Also, I'm getting sick of everyone saying I'm not posting. I've posted about as much as everyone else, actually. Which given my current circumstances has really been quite good of me, I think. So there.
I can certainly sympathize. For me it's just been a matter of the perception that you haven't seemed as zealous in rooting out evil as usual. I'm very worried about you when I'm on the bad side.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #413
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

*is flattered"
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #414
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

All, the same, what kind of response is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
How could that have any bearing on your suspicion of me? From what I could gather, she voted me because she'd seen nothing that indicated my innocence, not because she saw anything to indicate my guilt. The only way it would have any affect on your suspicion is it makes it easier for you to lynch me. Is this post just another reiteration of how you suspect me, without furthering your claims any? You don't put forward points, you simply speculate on whether there might be some. This is so incredibly deja-vuish...I can remember at least two games off the top of my head where this exact same thing has happened.
Not going to justify, or argue. Waste your vote if you like. Even better, let a few follow your lead, and let the good side see the result.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #415
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
All, the same, what kind of response is this?
Merely that I'm not going to retread the same old ground.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #416
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sorry. I had some frustrating problems with my mobile internet-card... Those are nice and handy but not too reliable.

Anyway. I decided to take first a look at yesterDay's voting as none had done that. And it is interesting. Here it is.

early vote Lhuna -> Lottie
- 2 hrs. Zil -> Lottie2
-.13 Lottie -> Zil
-.00 Fea -> Nog
-.00 Nog -> Lhuna
+.01 tp -> Zil2

Not voted Nerwen, Shasta, wilwa.

Now this tie looks like an interesting one. So did tp know the situation? Was it a deliberate tie and to what end? To save Lottie looks like the obvious reason (he has defended her all the game through I think), but saving an innocent or a bad Lottie?

If there were no baddies at stake yesterDay (near lynching), a tie would have been a bad idea to them as a no-lynch doesn't harvest our numbers.

If there was a baddie in danger, then they would have wished either to outvote the baddie or as the final reach create a tie.

Now of course there is an added factor, that one isn't quite sure if there will be others still voting (although on +.01 one should be quite sure).

So just asking you tp, why to go that far as to make it a no-lynch to save Lottie?

EDIT: X'd with pleasantly many...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #417
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
So just asking you tp, why to go that far as to make it a no-lynch to save Lottie?
I didn't know there'd be a no-lynch when I cast the vote (I thought there was a legit shot at Inzil- plus the Been-Stung vote doesn't count possibly and so on).

Anyway- just about to leave for Lincoln (for Sally's birthday party, yay!) (through bad thunderstorms, double yay!).

Anyway, bye bye. Have fun. Like I care.

++Nerwen

If I decide to read the thread tomorrow I hope to look back on today and see a huge war between Nerwen and Nog for who will be lynched. If that doesn't happen, then I'll.... do absolutely nothing.

Toodles.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #418
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Sorry. I had some frustrating problems with my mobile internet-card... Those are nice and handy but not too reliable.

Anyway. I decided to take first a look at yesterDay's voting as none had done that. And it is interesting. Here it is.

early vote Lhuna -> Lottie
- 2 hrs. Zil -> Lottie2
-.13 Lottie -> Zil
-.00 Fea -> Nog
-.00 Nog -> Lhuna
+.01 tp -> Zil2

Not voted Nerwen, Shasta, wilwa.

Now this tie looks like an interesting one. So did tp know the situation? Was it a deliberate tie and to what end? To save Lottie looks like the obvious reason (he has defended her all the game through I think), but saving an innocent or a bad Lottie?
A Lottie-lynch might yield some clues.

Hm. Two votes for Nerwen, who's been fairly enigmatic to me thus far. One for Lottie, and one for Nog.

x/d with tp- Why's he so apathetic all of a sudden?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #419
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

That does it, phantom is evil.

EDIT:X'd with Zil.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #420
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
That does it, phantom is evil.
He's clearly insane, but why evil?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #421
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
He's clearly insane, but why evil?
Just my initial reaction. But seriously, why did he vote me, except that I had a random vote already?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #422
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I didn't know there'd be a no-lynch when I cast the vote (I thought there was a legit shot at Inzil- plus the Been-Stung vote doesn't count possibly and so on).
So the phantom was unaware of a rule? Let me just not believe that. And in the meantime you seemed to be aware of the rule that there is a possibility that a stung one has a chance of her/his vote not counting (one I had totally forgotten).

And the phantom takes the "like I care" attitude. Now where's the wind blowing from?

Anyway, as I have another idea about what he is doing as well (even if still don't buy that explanation on Lottie - and it doesn't fit my view of what he is up to at all, but maybe for personal pride or something like that), I'm actually recommending we'd check this pair out by lynching Lottie rather than tp.

I mean if Lottie is a baddie we then lynch tp toMorrow (unless she was Shelob herself who picked tp as her first spiderling; not totally an unexpected choice ), and if she is not, there is a chance tp might help us in an unexpected way...

What say you?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #423
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Anyway, as I have another idea about what he is doing as well (even if still don't buy that explanation on Lottie - and it doesn't fit my view of what he is up to at all, but maybe for personal pride or something like that), I'm actually recommending we'd check this pair out by lynching Lottie rather than tp.

I mean if Lottie is a baddie we then lynch tp toMorrow (unless she was Shelob herself who picked tp as her first spiderling; not totally an unexpected choice ), and if she is not, there is a chance tp might help us in an unexpected way...

What say you?
Well, it looks like I'm going to need to vote for either you or Lottie to save myself, doesn't it?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #424
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
So the phantom was unaware of a rule? Let me just not believe that.
I believe what he meant was that he didn't know there would be a tie, not that he didn't know what would happen in case of a tie.

Quote:
(unless she was Shelob herself who picked tp as her first spiderling; not totally an unexpected choice )
One mis-spent Day as a wolf and one joke. Honestly. I would not have chosen tp if I were Shelob. I'd probably choose people I've worked with before - Boro, Zil, or maybe Nienna. Or, in a stretch, possibly Nog.

Edit: xed with Nerwen
Old 05-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #425
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

I don't know that I really want to lynch Nerwen at this point. And since this might indeed shed light on phantom:

++Lottie
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #426
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Well, it looks like I'm going to need to vote for either you or Lottie to save myself, doesn't it?
At this point, I'd be okay with a Nog lynch. His points almost work, but they don't quite, and to me, he's coming off as trying to manipulate us. The idea of Nog and Zil, maybe as fellow Spiderlings, is making more and more sense to me, and if a Zil lynch isn't going to happen, I'd be fine with settling for Nog.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #427
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

++Lottie

EDIT:X'd with Lottie.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #428
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
I would not have chosen tp if I were Shelob. I'd probably choose people I've worked with before - Boro, Zil, or maybe Nienna. Or, in a stretch, possibly Nog.
Shelob needs people with "staying power" and who's one if not tp? Somehow you don't strike as extremely honest here... I mean why not, like that categorically?

You're right that tp might not have been sure there would be a tie but he would have known there is a great probability for it...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #429
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
At this point, I'd be okay with a Nog lynch. His points almost work, but they don't quite, and to me, he's coming off as trying to manipulate us. The idea of Nog and Zil, maybe as fellow Spiderlings, is making more and more sense to me, and if a Zil lynch isn't going to happen, I'd be fine with settling for Nog.
Sorry, too late.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #430
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Is Shasta around?

This will turn up a tie if we go the way it seems. I think we have a chance to get a baddie if we try Lottie and I am totally at loss with Nerwen.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #431
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Sorry, too late.
Alas, it does seem that way...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #432
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I bet you thought I'd go three days without voting in a row, didn't you? Nope. Late, but I'm here. And what do I see but Phantom being defeatist? Phantom, really? We're far from done, here.

Now then. Let me see..
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #433
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's not make another tie now, please.

I would vote for Lottie, Lottie would vote naturally for Nerwen.

That is a tie.

So Shasta, are you around?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #434
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Is Shasta around?
No idea.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #435
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Is Shasta around?

This will turn up a tie if we go the way it seems. I think we have a chance to get a baddie if we try Lottie and I am totally at loss with Nerwen.
Yes, yes I am. Surprise!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #436
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Wait, here's my treasure now.

EDIT:X'd with Shasta.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #437
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
This will turn up a tie if we go the way it seems.
I'm aiming for someone else's lynch first, but I will vote to make it a no-lynch if I have to. If I (an innocent) die toDay, we'll be at four innocents and three Spiders tomorrow (assuming Shelob can't sting anyone). But if there's a no-lynch, we'll be at five innocents and three Spiders - rather better odds.

Edit: Wow, that's a lot of x-ing. Since my last.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #438
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Let's not make another tie now, please.

I would vote for Lottie, Lottie would vote naturally for Nerwen.

That is a tie.

So Shasta, are you around?
...Does that mean my only choices are Nerwen and Lottie if I want to actually do anything with my vote?
Old 05-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #439
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
...Does that mean my only choices are Nerwen and Lottie if I want to actually do anything with my vote?
I haven't voted yet. So, technically, if we both voted for Nog...does that make it a tie still? Other than that, yeah, I think so.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #440
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I haven't voted yet. So, technically, if we both voted for Nog...does that make it a tie still? Other than that, yeah, I think so.
Well, in my last-minute reading I think I'd almost rather go for Inzil than either one of you. Is that strange?

However, I don't think he's a possibility (unless all three of you, me, and Nog vote him, and even then I don't think that's enough).