Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #241
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
My vote is going to be an extremely unhelpful

++do whatever seems best

Because I really don't know. I will be around 'til Christmas (even though I'm afraid I will be very busy so I can't write anything long) but then I will be more or less away 'til early January.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #242
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post

I hate to have people waiting still to post, I feel bad as a game owner to let the story go stale when we have yet to begin. I can if it is wanted put a post together having us carry forward and if others want to help such as Kitanna, Lommy aor LMP,(whoever has time soon) I or we can continue in some fashion to get us progressing.
I can help in putting together something that moves this forward, that way those who haven't had the chance to post much can get something in.

I'm pretty free this week and next week and well into January I will be doing nothing with my time until classes start again. So, for a few weeks I can help push things forward if need be.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #243
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ok I've got Boro's post.I will have it done by tomorrow. I am going to pull Peony and Tansy aside and chat a bit with them about the trip, then I will end it with Bunny and Tansy heading back to Tansy's to get ready (Bunny wants to leave early the next morning) I think then I can just post the post with just Boro and My posts. Unless Lommy you want me to send it to you while we are chatting and you can have us head back to your house. Whichever is fine by me.

Finduilas if you could start a pm post with Kitanna having you approach her after Tansy and Bunny leave about the trip, you can even send it to Boro and/or LMP and they can add the bits to bring you all into an agreement of leaving together the next morning.Then someone can post that. once we get all that done we can get Gwathagor into it as Bunny and Tansy get to Tansy's, and I/ we can bring us to the next day and have us all meet somewhere.

Can everyone do this?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:03 AM   #244
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Ok I've got Boro's post.I will have it done by tomorrow. I am going to pull Peony and Tansy aside and chat a bit with them about the trip, then I will end it with Bunny and Tansy heading back to Tansy's to get ready (Bunny wants to leave early the next morning) I think then I can just post the post with just Boro and My posts. Unless Lommy you want me to send it to you while we are chatting and you can have us head back to your house. Whichever is fine by me.

Finduilas if you could start a pm post with Kitanna having you approach her after Tansy and Bunny leave about the trip, you can even send it to Boro and/or LMP and they can add the bits to bring you all into an agreement of leaving together the next morning.Then someone can post that. once we get all that done we can get Gwathagor into it as Bunny and Tansy get to Tansy's, and I/ we can bring us to the next day and have us all meet somewhere.

Can everyone do this?

I can do that. I will, of course, need to see your post first.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:03 AM   #245
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Happy to receive a PM post if it is deemed appropriate.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #246
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I have posted. Let me know if this works. If anything needs to be changed or added just let me know.
Finduilas does that work at the end for you? That should leave it open for Kitanna and you and LMP and/or Boro to get what is needed posted to get you all involved. Once you have that up we can get us to Tansy's via Gwathagor posting us arriving or Lommy or Myself getting us there.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:01 AM   #247
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'll post next, so Brown can be at the house before Tansy and Bunny get back. I would post right now, but I am doing some studying.

I hope it hasn't been a problem that I haven't posted very recently. I've been working on a large research paper that has been sucking up most of my creativity points.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #248
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

It would work better Gwathagor if you waited till We have Funduilas and others post before you post having you meet Tansy and Bunny. Just wait till they get that up then go ahead.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 AM   #249
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Will do.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 AM   #250
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Making a quick check, you girls just went outside, right?

Okay, I just wrote a full sized post about Mira hearing it and getting interested, so I'll post that, and sometime today will send another post to Kitanna by PM.

Last edited by Finduilas; 12-19-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #251
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

great post Finduilas!! Have you sent that pm post yet? We are so close I can almost taste it. LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #252
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, we have started it. We are working on a conversation between Peony and Mira, so we are sending it back and forth a lot. Sadly, we are rarely on at the same time, but it is still coming on well.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #253
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, Mira and Peony haved talked, and Peony has grudgingly decided to let Mira come, so what now? This conversation happened outside, so no one else heard it.

I was thinking that maybe when Peony and Mira go back in, we are heading that way, Rudy notices that Mira is excited, and maybe corners her and starts asking questions. (of course, not too violently )

So, should we (Kitanna and I) post our post, or should we send it to Boromir and Elempi?
Old 12-22-2007, 06:25 PM   #254
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin
So, should we (Kitanna and I) post our post, or should we send it to Boromir and Elempi?
discuss it between the 4 of you. whatever you choose is fine.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #255
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If your PM post is already long enough, and it feels finished enough, please do post it.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #256
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It's long enough, and works. So who should post it, Kitanna or me? (or is that 'I'?)

I just posted, and I don't know what your... rules? that's not the right word, for posting is. Does it mean anything to anyone? Should I delete my post, and have Kitanna post? Is it a trivial distiction?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #257
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think the way you posted it is just fine. That was a very good post!!! So now we can get Elempi and Boro in on it, however you all want to finish up your dialoge shall be fine. How did you want to handle our arrival back at Tansy's Lommy and Gwathagor? Should me and Lommy post us there or Gwathagor did you want to bring us into your arrival post?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #258
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I will leave to see some family/relatives on the 27th and will be back around New Year (or a bit later) and during that time I won't be able to get online. There's also lots of Christmas stuff before that so I really can't guarantee I can post before the first days of January. But if it's necessary, I can always try to find time on Christmas day or Boxing Day...
Old 12-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #259
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Looks to me like either Gwathagor or Kitanna could post next. Peony will need to tell Bunny and Tansy about Mira. Having Gwathagor come would complicate things aplenty, eh?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #260
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Looks to me like either Gwathagor or Kitanna could post next. Peony will need to tell Bunny and Tansy about Mira. Having Gwathagor come would complicate things aplenty, eh?
I could post next and have Peony rush after Bunny and Tansy to alert them about Mira joining the adventure. Then maybe Rudy can have a talk with Mira, thus bringing him into the adventure as well. Or something to that degree.

I probably won't be able to get on again until a few days after Christmas, but I'll see about having a post together in a few days.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 AM   #261
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I would love to post whenever I am needed; just let me know. Or, alternatively, I could just post and then take it down if people yell at me.

Merry Christmas, one and all.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #262
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd say go for it, Gwathagor. Last thing we want to do is discourage folks from posting to the rpg.

Is Sephiroth still with us? We haven't heard from him in a bit.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #263
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Righto.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #264
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Yes go ahead Gwathagor!! Post and have you arriving at Tansy's and what not, then if you like you can end it off with you seeing Tansy and Bunny arriving. I am sure we can put the conversations at Peony's after your post.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #265
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great post, Gwathagor! It was fun reading over Brown's shoulder from Meriadoc's tome. Nice touch!

Might want to check this:

Ents are to trees what shepherds are to trees
Old 12-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #266
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Kitanna if when you have time, could have Peony stop Tansy and Bunny then proceed with what is need from your end to get more family members involved (Boro,Elempi,Fin) Then Me and Lommy can have us meet Brown.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #267
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Many thanks for catching the mistake, LMP. I found some more errors as I went over the post again. I rather dash my posts off on the spur of the moment, and the result ends up being rather choppy now and then. Particularly if I've been listening to The Pogues...

To whoever: Will any one particular person be writing for Fred, or do we consider him public property for any writers whose characters interact with him?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #268
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I would suggest treating Fred as a non-player character, ready to hand for any writer who wishes to make use of him.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I'm back. I should be able to write if I'm needed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I would suggest treating Fred as a non-player character, ready to hand for any writer who wishes to make use of him.
Agreed.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #270
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Hi Lommy! nice to see you back. Happy New Year everyone!!! Now that the new year has started I would like to get this on the move. I would like everyone to check in here so I know whose available. I know a bunch of you are online frequently, but could you still post something here anyways.

Still need to hear from:

Boromir88
Elempi
Finduilas
Kitanna
Legate
Sephiroth
Gwathagor
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #271
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #272
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Here, still here, always here, as soon as I am allowed/needed to post, I am available.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #273
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm here at least every other day, and ready to post as needed.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 AM   #274
Kitanna
Child of the West

Here.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #275
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok so still missing is Bormir88, Sephiroth and Gwathagor.
I have talked with Boro in the last ww game, so I know he's around and Gwathagor has posted not long ago...so just Sephiroth....haven't seen him in awhile. Hope he's OK

So I think I need to read through the last few posts to figure out who needs to do what and when. I think though that Kitanna you can post having you run after Tansy and Bunny, then have us continue on our way. We can then post with Gwathagor, while the rest of you- Legate (sorry Legate I'm tryin to get us to you) post what you need to to get you all ready, then I will end the day and post a morning post having us leave for Peony's.

Yay!!! let's get started, I'm wanting to get into the RPG groove.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #276
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Je suis ici. Let us proceed.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 PM   #277
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Ok, I can have a post of Peony chases after Bunny and Tansy by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. But more likely I can have it done in the morning, though it'll probably be pretty short.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #278
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Valier, what do you think if I wrote a short post of Tansy and Bunny next? If I write it, would you like me to make the story proceed (if yes, what should I do? should I take us back to Tansy's place?) or would you prefer me writing just a short post about what Tansy thinks at the moment?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #279
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Go ahead Lommy and bring us forward. Have us arrive at Tansy's and hey even add a bit about meeting Brown, since I guess Tansy would know him.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I wrote a post but I was faced by two difficult questions.
1) How mature is a 20-year-old Hobbit? I left it pretty vague but I'm interested if I've totally misestimated the thing. (Of course Tansy can have her subjective opinions but I think I, as her writer, should know which way they seem to be biased... )
2) Can a male Hobbit be referred to as "a man"? It didn't sound right, but what other word could I use?

Now you, Valier or Gwathagor can procedd, or if you think I left it to a stupid place I can write a few more lines, whatever you prefer, just let me know.

I think I'll say this once so I need not repeat it after every single post (which seems to be my bad habit in RPG discussion threads). You all can (and you have to) complain to me if I make your characters act uncharacteristically or write something about them that does not match at all. (Like if I make Tansy describe someone as a cheerful person but he actually smiles about once a year and never laughs or something like that.)