Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #761
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
conversation and get us back to Mith.

EDIT: And it's up and ready for you to continue Mith.
Will do - could you jus tdelete teh ;last line. Since your Cir has stated the main reason mine didn't speak it will seem a little odd? Cheers.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 08-22-2008, 01:12 PM   #762
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Done.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:16 PM   #763
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Splendid. I should post tomorrow if not tonight.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #764
Newsman
Animated Skeleton

Newsman has just left Hobbiton.
Guess whos back after WAY too long away. Someone bring me up to speed on whats going on and i'll try to drop back in.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:03 PM   #765
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Been a long time since I've been to an inn, and I guess they don't all run the way the Green Dragon did. /rust. Sorry to bust in on y'all as I did, but I'd like to submit a character sheet, which the powers can either take or just delete my post.

Name: Widlast
Race: Man

WEAPONS: Widlast carries several daggers tucked into boots, bracers, and belt, all mutts of various origins.

APPEARANCE: An odd figure by anyone's standard, Widlast is of middling height and build, hazel eyes and dirty blond hair, which would make him nondescript if he didn't wear a seaman's greatcoat and a long scarlet sash. From his patched boots to his patchy beard, he's looks the worse for wear. His thatched hair, too, is clumsily cut short, and sticks up in places.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Widlast is a traveler. He goes along easily and is easy to go along with. He's got a canny eye for the mood of a room, and smells when to jump out of the way. As such, he doesn't speak often, but when he does, it's with a fierce frankness. He takes the world very seriously for a reason he perhaps only half-understands, and so it's impossible for him to dance around or charm the people he meets, whom he treats with a quiet respect until they give him cause to do otherwise. Although he looks like a ruffian, polite turns of phrase are often the only thing likely to be gotten out of him.

He's a fair hand with a hammer and saw, and knows more about horses than any hawking merchant, even knows a little of how to handle a blade, and is, for better or worse, insatiably restless. He's lettered, but doesn't volunteer that, and in general senses much more about anyone he meets than he lets on. His taciturn nature and sudden bursts of honestly can sometimes get him into trouble, and he's been known to back away not just from a fight, but from a bill. He moves through the world mostly concerned with some inner preoccupation of his own, and considers other people's business just that. He sometimes can't see how he's connected to a whole.

HISTORY: Born in the Wold, Widlast soon made good on his name and took to a wayfaring life, first as a horse handler for a traveling merchant, then moving on. He doesn't speak often about his past, or think about it, either.

--------------------------------------------------

Linked to Player/Character List - HERE

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-30-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:36 PM   #766
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hi, Ilya! Welcome aboard. Pio has preceeded me, I see, and has already linked your character to the character list. That means, you're approved! The character bio is well written.

I see you've already posted at the inn. I will go read it and maybe post something myself.

-- Foley
Old 10-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #767
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ooookay! After not posting for FOREVER, I finally have.

Let's see...Mith or Kath, Dick hast just addressed Mithalwen. Your two Cirs are still out in the yard.

Ilya, your character, I understand is still making his way into the inn, I believe? He can run into Dick (figuratively speaking, I hope) whenever you wish.

Undome and...who's writing Prim's character? I have set Rowena and Prim into motion.

[B]Rose[/quote], you're writing Granny Greenhill, yes? Well, She's nodding off by the fire.

Tam Lin, I did mention Tavaro and Miribelle in passing (the elves uninterested in the disappearance).

As for the rest of you who have characters who just cantered off down the road...well, I couldn't do much with them, now could I?

So, that's the look of things, so far as I understand it.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:49 PM   #768
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

About "Prim" - I think mostly I and Arry's "Will" have been carrying Prim along as needed.

Good to see the Perch thread moving along once again. Welcome back Kath and Mith.

And "hello" to the new player - Ilya. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your "Wedlast".

~ U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 11-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #769
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Alright, I posted for Rown and Prim. Rowan's found something. Anyone want to poke about and ask what she's doing or found?

~U
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 11-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #770
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Rose has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Undómë

I'll see if I can wake old Granny up and see what Rowan's up to.

Going off to bed now, though. I'll try to dream up something intersting glimpsed in the shell box.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #771
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Ooookay! After not posting for FOREVER, I finally have.

Let's see...Mith or Kath, Dick hast just addressed Mithalwen. Your two Cirs are still out in the yard.

As for the rest of you who have characters who just cantered off down the road...well, I couldn't do much with them, now could I?

So, that's the look of things, so far as I understand it.
Ok time I got back to this ... Kath and I actually met in RL and plotted a bit then I was ill... will go and investigate .....

Old 11-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #772
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Elf Mithalwen has replied to Dick somewhat archaically I'll won't be back til Monday now so feel free to stick her in a corner out of the way with a pot of tea or something and I'll pick her and the twins up then.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #773
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, soungs good, Mith. I am assuming that Cir has NOT talked to Dick about the thing that Mithalwen mentioned...? If I am wrong, that can be remedied when you get back.

I will post when I am able.

-- Foley

Last edited by Folwren; 11-30-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #774
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Alright then, Undome -

I've named the little trinket found in Cook's keepsake box. Go ahead an run with it as you will.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #775
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Lilly has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

YAY! The Perch is up and running again!!

Hugh Mossytoes, the postman will want to weigh in with his news about the letter Cook received the previous day.

But, since he and 'Will' are a ways away from the Inn at the moment - it can't be until a little later in Inn day. Shire ponies will only move so quickly!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:43 PM   #776
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Lilly, if it's ok with you, I'll write a traveling post for Hugh and Will.

- Arry
Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #777
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

Sounds good, Arry!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:45 AM   #778
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Okay, soungs good, Mith. I am assuming that Cir has NOT talked to Dick about the thing that Mithalwen mentioned...? If I am wrong, that can be remedied when you get back.

I will post when I am able.

-- Ellie
No they haven't they have been too busy making peace with each other outside.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 PM   #779
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Thanks for all the kind welcomes. I've moved Widlast into the inn. Anyone can (try to) strike up a conversation with him or just let him nod off, as you like.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 AM   #780
Rose
Haunting Spirit

Ilya

I've had Granny Greenhill accidentally bump into Widlast's boot.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #781
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good posts everyone!

Lilly, you put Arry at the beginning of your post instead of Will.

I'm glad to see people are writing! Things are looking great.

-- Folwren
Old 11-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #782
Lilly
Haunting Spirit

OOPS!!!

Edited
Old 11-10-2008, 07:29 AM   #783
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I'll get RPG Mith and the twins togetehr tomorrow.

Oh and if that lightfingered Hobbit is still around he may find an unattended trap full of stuff a temptation

Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #784
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Thinlómien and Groin Redbeard invite you to play in their RPG - Tears Of Mirrormere.

The Discussion Thread is now open to take on players - HERE

Come play!!!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #785
Nessa Emerald
Newly Deceased

Nessa Emerald has just left Hobbiton.
Help

Okay, I'm new to this, so I just post a character description?
Old 11-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #786
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Nessa Emerald

Welcome to The Golden Perch!

Please familiarize yourself with post #2 of this thread (HERE). It gives you background information links about the inn. One of those is the link to the Character Description form that you'll use to post for your character.

There are also links to each of the Inn characters in that post - so you'll get a glimpse of who they are, what they're like, and how the other players have gone about using the Character Description form. Once you've put up your Character Bio form here, I'll link you to the list also.

When your bio is on this thread, then take a look at what's going on in the Inn at the present and go ahead and post in the Inn game thread.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Perch!

~*~ piosenniel (Pio), RPG forums moderator

Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #787
Nessa Emerald
Newly Deceased

Nessa Emerald has just left Hobbiton.
Halleth Bronwen Character Description

NAME: Halleth Bronwen

AGE: 22 in Human reckoning, (working on getting the translation!)

RACE: Elf

WEAPONS: Bow and arrows, long knife and hunting knife.

APPEARANCE: She is beautiful, tall, graceful, fair, has long brown hair that she wears down to her waist often in an intricate array of braids often with small flowers. She wears a light green , and silver belt and necklace. She also carries a flute in the folds of her long dress.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Halleth Bronwen is a kind and caring Elf who loves music and nature. Her love of nature is what spurns her to travel Middle Earth. She often sings as she rides her horse Celairdýr. She is courageous and compassionate, thoughtful and adventerous. Halleth is most often a peacemaker but can become a dangerous warrior.

HISTORY: Halleth “Hallie” Bronwen was born and raised in Rivendell alongside her older brother Bellassion. She was taught a wide range of things, including how to fight and music. When she was old enough, she began to leave Rivendell to go to Woodhall for fairly short periods of time. Two years later, her parents left Rivendell and and went to the Undying Lands. Halleth began to travel more, her only remaining family being her brother. She went to the outskirts of Rohan, stayed in Lothlorien for several years, and was a guest in Mirkwood for a time.

-----------------------------

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-30-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #788
Strongbow
Wight

Strongbow has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Strongbow Send a message via MSN to Strongbow
NAME: Tarden son of Taros

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Longsword, Short bow, and a hunting dog

APPEARANCE: Tarden partially recalls the Men who came out of the Sea. He is taller than most Men, and powerfully built. His eyes are a bright, sharp blue, and sit well in his dark traveler's face. His clothing is of dark greens, like most of Eriador's geography, even erroneously suggesting he would be a Ranger of the North.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: At first, Tarden seems arrogant and even overproud, but he is not. He is incredibly open if only one speaks to him, and the need to deceive is not in him. Upon looking at him, one would think that he is not loquacious, but he is sociable when he opens up, and he has an unusual magnetism to him. As for his skills, he is quite adept with his sword, and his bow, and his lore of the woods is strong, yet not quite open-and-shut. Healing is not a skill of his, either.

He is, however, quite the linguist, and has learned many of the tongues spoken of Middle-Earth, with the only exceptions being Khuzdul, the Silvan dialect of Sindarin, and Entish. Tarden has a fair grasp of Adûnaic and the Black Speech of Mordor (only through his nenslavement by the Corsairs and his few encounters with Orcs), but is fluent in both Sindarin and Quenya, Rohirric, and (obviously) Westron. He is a skilled hunter, and he reaps great assistance from his dog, Meglis. He is good with geography and history, knowledge gained from his long travels.

Indeed, his dog merits description as a strength. Tarden has had Meglis since he was but a pup, and Tarden has raised him well. He is a large dog, being nearly as large as Tarden when standing on two legs. But this girth is deceptive of his speed, which is impressive. He takes after a bear, like his name would suggest, but this was mere wishful thinking on Tarden's part.

HISTORY: Tarden was born far to the South, in Gondor. Nay, in the South of Gondor. As far South as one can go in Gondor, and still maintain claims that they are, in fact, in Gondor. But this did not last, this dwelling near Harad. His tiny town, barely even noticeable, was raided by the cruel Southrons, and his family removed to safety. In fact, they removed to the Tower of Guard, Minas Tirith itself. This change was not much noticed by his father, Taros, who originally dwelt in the city, but his mother, Aurina, was very unhappy in what she always referred to as "her stone prison". His father had been a warden of the southern border, but had asked to remove to his home, a request soon granted.

Tarden grew up, for the most part, in Minas Tirith, and like his father before him, he wished to bear the sword for Gondor, and it would seem that this would be fitting for him. He grew up, and was a soldier for the Steward. Misfortune, however, struck Tarden, as he was taken captive in a raid by the Corsairs of Umbar on the coast of his homeland. He was impressed, and cast into slavery, a state in which he lived for 3 years until he made a valiant escape, making his way back to Minas Tirith and coming into a most unwelcome inheritance of a small sum of money.

Taros had passed away out of grief for the torment of his son. Aurina had vanished, perhaps returning to her kin in the South. But now, Tarden was alone, and he began to drift. His years of mere drifting were ahead of him, and they did, for some reason, call him northward. He spent time in the Riddermark, acquiring their tongue, and a passion that he would preserve: the love of canine companionship. He took in the pup of a friend's dog, the father of Meglis, his current companion.

His heart drew him ever North, to the Rangers, who befriended him, but did not absorb him as was his wish. They guided and taught him the ways that they had practiced, and while Tarden caught on, it was not truly his lifestyle, no matter how hard he tried to make it so. He came to Imladris, that is named Rivendell, and dwelt in the Last Homely House, learning much both of and from the Elves.

Tarden took leave of the Elves, for reasons he could not explain, but perhaps his hosts had understood.

--------------------------------

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-30-2008 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #789
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Welcome, Nessa Emerald and Strongbow! I have read both your bios and they both look good. Pio will get them linked to the character list as soon as she is able. You don't need to wait on that, though, and you may post in the inn as soon as you wish!

My character, the landlord, Dick Boffin, will be around to greet your characters whenever they arrive inside. Looking forward to seeing your posts!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #790
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Strongbow, let me know if I did not handle your dog alright. I could hardly help myself. I love big dogs that try to look sweet and harmless. They're adorable. I have one - a big white, bear like dog.

-- Foley
Old 12-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #791
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
So, I think once the mid-day meal is done at the Perch that will be enough time for Will and Hugh to have travelled back from Gardenia Boffin’s place northwest of Stock.

Then maybe we can begin to unravel the question of what has happened to cook and where she might have gone off to.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #792
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Arry, why don't you go ahead and post with Will coming back? There's nothing really going on at the Inn and we need something to give us a boost. I think that would be fine.

-- Folwren
Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #793
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Is anyone else interested in getting this going again? (Kath, I am still waiting for my tea ). I have a character wandering around my head in need of a home if Kath is unable to carry on with the twin thing at this time (though I would be quite happy if she were) . But it is somewhat academic if there is no interest generally.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #794
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Is anyone else interested in getting this going again? (Kath, I am still waiting for my tea ). I have a character wandering around my head in need of a home if Kath is unable to carry on with the twin thing at this time (though I would be quite happy if she were) . But it is somewhat academic if there is no interest generally.
Hm...I'd like to say I was interested, but I am not even keeping up on my other two RPGs at this point. However, Finals are in two weeks, and once those are out of my way, I think my creative juices will begin to flow again. Can you wait a little while longer?

-- Foley
Old 05-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #795
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Of course!!! I have things I ought to finish in the interim and need to dicuss with Kath (who has her own academic concerns which must take priority for you both - while some things would have been easier, I am quite glad that the internet was not widely available when I was studying with my addiction to displacement activity) . But if there are a few people interested I will remind myself of the set up, geography etc ..

All the best for your exams.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #796
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Golly, I haven't done any roleplaying for the loooongest time.

I stopped by and saw that the inn has been very quiet, but if you're looking to get it active again I'm willing to help... if I can come up with a halfway decent character.

My writing is terribly, terribly rusty and maybe the inn can help me ease back into it.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #797
Bandobras Tunnelly
Newly Deceased

Bandobras Tunnelly has just left Hobbiton.
If I may...?

I know that no one knows who I am... and that is because the inn has seemed to be dead, and I thought it horrifically bad form to try and throw a new turnip into a pot of cold water; as it were. So anywho... I'm Bandobras and would adore taking any part of starting the fire again; so to speak.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #798
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Me three? Maybe?
Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #799
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ooh good, this might happen then.. I have spoken briefly to Kath and she is agreable to carrying on. .

Lovely to see you again Nurumaiel and welcome to Brandobras (& *waves* to Mnemo). I hope you will take the plunge since part of the purpose of the Inn is to get people into the swing (again). One of my motivations seeking a revival was to use the Inn to get some confidence back without the pressure of a formal RPG.

I need to remind myself a little of what is going on at the Inn - I imagine that the Cook storyline is going to have to be resolved one way or another but how may depend on if and which of the old posters return to pick up the threads. Maybe this will be clearer by the time Folwren is clear of her exams.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #800
Bandobras Tunnelly
Newly Deceased

Bandobras Tunnelly has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Perhaps a brief overview of what is or was (rather) going on would be in order, it would help me for one. Seeing that there is quite a lot of ground to cover.