The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #401
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Some open cross-tables could be of use here.

I'm not even imagining of making any as I'm finally going to sleep at a half-decent time, but if you tp or Rikae have something like tables done already would you mind sharing them?

And good night and good luck...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #402
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Lottiewolf had more reason to think I was the seer. Even though she might have noticed that you were going after Greenie seerishly and thought Greenie was in the other pack, I would certainly have been a more immediate danger to her own pack.
Aah, okay. You totally lost me there before. Well, I am still a bit lost: just the part, why did you think Lottie would think you-Seer would be more dangerous to her pack than me-Seer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I suppose Lottie could lie about spotting Legate in order to hide legate's likely dreams (Nerwen/Lommy/Mith) because one or more is in Lottie's pack...
Yeah, that's definitely also a good possibility! Actually fairly likely. Although again, that wouldn't last after the real Seer reveals. (Of course, unless that Seer would be - from Lottie's pov - Rikae, who is safely dead.)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:26 PM   #403
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
++Loslote

And I hope her Packmate/s go for Sally toNIGHT.
This makes me uncomfortable. It looks like he's trying to organise something between packs.

++Shasta
Old 06-06-2015, 05:29 PM   #404
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Aah, okay. You totally lost me there before. Well, I am still a bit lost: just the part, why did you think Lottie would think you-Seer would be more dangerous to her pack than me-Seer?
Because I looked like I'd already dreamt her (and Lommy?) while you looked like you'd only dreamt Greenie.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #405
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

No tactical reason for me not to vote Shasta, correct?

(just assuming Nilp doesn't last minute reveal as Seer and they interpret our Shasta vote as disbelief, ha ha)

edit: never mind Agan voted anyway
Old 06-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #406
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

++Shasta
Old 06-06-2015, 05:32 PM   #407
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Shasta
Old 06-06-2015, 05:34 PM   #408
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You dead people sure are chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
COMPLICATION: Nerwen could have received the PM and reported it accurately despite being guilty- she felt forced to do it accurately or risk being outed as dishonest.
I haven't though about that. So the seer is allowed, maybe once in the game, to send two of their dreams to one person of their choice. They send the identities of two wolves they've dreamed of, but they chose poorly, and sent it to evil Nerwen. Nerwen identifies one wolf from the other pack (Lottie) and feeds her to the mob. The other wolf is one of her own, and she switches him/her, instead naming me, who she and others have been suspecting all along.

But this doesn't make sense either. The seer must've dreamed of some innocent, some of which should still be alive. They would've chosen one of them, and not taken a risk.

Unless, of course, the Kuru chose the recipient randomly. But that's a bit too much.

Quote:
Wait, are you saying Lottie was lying about the pack kills?
A wolf would never do that!

It just occurred to me: Maybe Kuru's twist is not that there is an assassin, but that there are three wolf packs, and the reason why there were only two kills in Night 2 is because of a ranger save that Kuru (of course ) didn't reveal to us.

edit: off to catch up on the living thread
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #409
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
This makes me uncomfortable. It looks like he's trying to organise something between packs.
Nicely spotted! He might of course think sending the lover here is a good idea in the first place - but true, why suggest the other pack to do a thing one unless trying to leave one's own leeway to do thing two - or even more importantly avoid trying to do the same thing when there would only be one kill... and if the other team goes for possible Sally-lover they also reserve themselves the chance to knock one of the rivals off as well while the competing team can not. And thinking of that the other team refuses to go after Sally and...

That war between the packs might actually end up in nice results for us if they took it far enough...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #410
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
It really does.

Quote:
Because I looked like I'd already dreamt her (and Lommy?) while you looked like you'd only dreamt Greenie.
Oh yes. Okay. Well I suspected her too, but not as heavily as Greenie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I haven't though about that. So the seer is allowed, maybe once in the game, to send two of their dreams to one person of their choice. They send the identities of two wolves they've dreamed of, but they chose poorly, and sent it to evil Nerwen. Nerwen identifies one wolf from the other pack (Lottie) and feeds her to the mob. The other wolf is one of her own, and she switches him/her, instead naming me, who she and others have been suspecting all along.
When you are already dead... riiight. (And I don't think you've been that suspected anyway, for that matter.)

Quote:
It just occurred to me: Maybe Kuru's twist is not that there is an assassin, but that there are three wolf packs, and the reason why there were only two kills in Night 2 is because of a ranger save that Kuru (of course ) didn't reveal to us.
Now that would be a twist!

Okay, Mr. Wolf... and others, I think it's about time for me to go to sleep. (And here I thought how nicely early I'll go...) But hey, good. Good night, see you during the Night...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #411
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I'd also like to point out that I have been pretty consistent in my suspicion of Mac, and voted for him yesterday bringing him to three votes when Agan had only four.
Translation: "See, I'm a good wolf. You can't just lynch me! I'm putting effort into this! It just wouldn't be fair!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Please guys talk to the dead thread, rather now than later.
They're about to change the assignment. Why did you all already vote Shasta? Firefoot said she was just making an example!
Old 06-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #412
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Just as a point of reference, what would you have done if Lottie-Wolf had attacked you like she did Firefoot, labeling you as a competing Wolf.

I figure I'd go with it. I'd of course want the Lottie lynch to take place, but I'd tease Lottie as if I was in the competing pack. Maybe tell her Mac wasn't in my pack, and say that even without me we were going to win etc. Basically I'd try to tempt her remaining packmate(s) into Night killing me.

(I'm just trying to gauge the innocence Ff's reaction.)
Old 06-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #413
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
When you are already dead... riiight. (And I don't think you've been that suspected anyway, for that matter.)
I don't understand what you mean, honestly.

I received votes on both days, and was second in line yesterDay. I think I have been that suspected. And Nerwen had been after me for a while.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #414
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
They're about to change the assignment. Why did you all already vote Shasta? Firefoot said she was just making an example!
So, no more pretense? Just gonna stick to good old fashioned revealed wolf nonsense from now on?

Edit: X'd with Nighteyes.

Old 06-06-2015, 06:00 PM   #415
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
So, no more pretense? Just gonna stick to good old fashioned revealed wolf nonsense from now on?

Quote:
For example:

If Nog is a wolf, give your extra vote to Form or McCaber
If Nog is innocent, give your extra vote to Lottie or Nerwen
If phantom is a wolf, give your extra vote to Boro or Firefoot
If phantom is innocent, give your extra vote to Lommy or Lal
If Greenie is a wolf, give your extra vote to Eomer or morm
If Greenie is innocent, give your extra vote to Nilp or shasta
If Rune is a wolf, give your extra vote to Mith or Kath
If Rune is innocent, give your extra vote to Sally
Quote:
For example:
Quote:
For example:
Quote:
EXAMPLE
I don't think the living took this list as final. Unless they're abandoning the idea entirely (don't think they will), they will make up a new list, and Shasta will mean something different.

But yeah, I'm the one doing wolf nonsense.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #416
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

A few other people have linked back to Firefoot's list and said they should use it.

Although yes, it does look like (your buddy?) Lommy is trying to create confusion on that now (probably knowing that at least some of the dead would have already voted).

EDIT: My post at 9:32, #424
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Yep... Lommy is up to no good...

Last edited by Rikae; 06-13-2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #417
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

In a way you're totally right, Mac. Because they haven't been firm enough about the plan all day today (that they were for sure doing one and XYZ is clearly the template) there is an outside possibility that they'll change it. This would be a result of everyone not properly hopping on board the first day, because if it was accepted that everyone would do it and that it was very important the system would've already been settled by this point (because they would've had enough input on it from everyone that there would be no reason to tweak a list further). Plus someone would've pointed out all the Europeans on the Dead thread by now if it had been a properly prominent topic.

We can only hope things don't get screwed up.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #418
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Perhaps if the Dead Thread goes Dead for the next hour or so they'll realize it and think it's bad to tweak things?

I believe I'll go do something else for a bit, just in case. See you later.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #419
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
This would be a result of everyone not properly hopping on board the first day
Or a result of the dead being hasty.

Most people that voted are even still around!
Old 06-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #420
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Actually, they will most likely just confirm Firefoot's list. There's nothing wrong with it, after all, and they might realize that some dead might have already voted.

Unless a wolf thinks s/he can seize the situation without making him/herself look bad.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:17 PM   #421
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So quiet!

I have a half-finished post sitting on my laptop listing all the night kills' innocent and guilty lists but I can't continue it as long as my friends are keeping an eye on me and glaring if they catch me posting when we're meant to be roleplaying (hi Lommy whenever you read this I'm sorry).

Kath is back and looking normal even if confused. Which can of course mean anything.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #422
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ha traitor Lommy she posted too!

Isn't it a LITTLE BIT too late to be asking for other options though?
Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #423
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm excited to see if Lottie and Mac will go at it in the Dead thread.

If she's going to be helping us hunt your pack, Mac, just fess up and play nice and maybe we'll help you hunt her pack instead.

Also, Lottie should definitely adopt Nog as one of her packmates in order to throw us off by making us think she only has one partner left. If you do it, dearie, I promise I'll pretend to believe it just to annoy Nog.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #424
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril Feel the Power!

The residents were quite active! They scrutinized the happenings of the world around them with great interest and were locked in endless debate regarding their meaning.

They came to a decision and bent their powers to accomplish it!

What a novel feeling!

The mist stirred. A new light.

What kind of welcome would be here for Loslote? Would the residents even share the cake?

(I am also a dumbhead and forgot to include Greenie's alignment in the last narration.)

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
(Prey)
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote

The Living:
Formendacil
satansaloser2005
McCaber
Boromir88
Nerwen
Firefoot
Thinlómien
Lalaith
Eomer of the Rohirrim
mormegil
Nilpaurion Felagund
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #425
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Also, Lottie should definitely adopt Nog as one of her packmates in order to throw us off by making us think she only has one partner left. If you do it, dearie, I promise I'll pretend to believe it just to annoy Nog.

Hello Wolfie. Welcome to death.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #426
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Firefoot isn't a Wolf, Lottie. The other pack was Mac, Green, and me. We're all dead. It's just you guys left.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:01 PM   #427
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Welcome to the party. Lottie!

The cake is a... stale old gamer joke.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #428
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Well, that was rude. *sniffs*
Old 06-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #429
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Firefoot isn't a Wolf, Lottie. The other pack was Mac, Green, and me. We're all dead. It's just you guys left.
Fortunately your pack is still there to take out sally, as Nilp kindly suggested.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #430
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yep. Even the innocent Dead want Sally-Lover taken out, for even thinking of proposing lynch suicide. There must be penalties for that level of crazy.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:09 PM   #431
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

If you thought that at least the other team is down by 1, too, I'll have to disappoint you.

I'm not a wolf, though I have given up on trying to convince people of it.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #432
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Fortunately your pack is still there to take out sally, as Nilp kindly suggested.
My pack has more interesting blood to stain their fangs with.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #433
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Can't be very interesting as I'm already dead.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #434
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
How would you know?

Maybe they're entirely lost without you.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #435
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
If you thought that at least the other team is down by 1, too, I'll have to disappoint you.

I'm not a wolf, though I have given up on trying to convince people of it.
Also, that's karma. You can talk to Nog about it.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:17 PM   #436
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
How would you know?

Maybe they're entirely lost without you.
Well, who wouldn't be? But I have faith that they will carry on, cherishing always the time they had with me, holding the memory of me in their hearts, and of course, slaughtering all who stand before them in my name.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #437
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Now that you see Legate isn't the Seer, do you still wish for your pack to take credit for that kill, Lottie?
Old 06-06-2015, 10:00 PM   #438
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Enjoying reading our thread, Galadriel55?

I suppose technically you're a Wight thus we can't forbid it, but you still can't post.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:16 AM   #439
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:

Re: would Lottie lie about the Night kills? Definitely a possibility. Although her motive once she came out seemed to be to set the village after her rival pack, in which case the village knowing their kills would be helpful. If so, however, she would have to assume that her own pack's kills do not incriminate her remaining packmate(s). That, in turn, would make anyone too closely associated with Runey or Legsy an unlikely packmate for her. That said, I'm not sure how much we can speculate about this given that we can't know whether she told the truth or not. Unless, of course, Mac would care to share his pack's kills?

By the way, is there an obvious reason why Mac and Lottie couldn't be packmates? I'm too lazy to reread.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:17 AM   #440
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Also, if Lottie didn't lie, we at least know who's responsible for the dead Europeans.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote