The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #881
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Kath, if you read back, there is no point because we now know as much as the dead save that the result of scrying Rikae was unknown to Nilp before he returned to us. And having had a long think I decided that letting myself be modkilled wouldn't help if we don't get the wolf tonight.

Boromir has kindly volunteered to finish me off if necessary so McCaber's claim that I am desperate for more time is ludicrous... one might almost say the desperate scrabbling of a wolf for extra time.

And how convenient you now find me suspicious, Mc Caber ...what a pity you haven't left a particularly convincing audit trail for that. You have mentioned me prior to your vote about four times in lists without any comment..as someone left to vote, as an unknown. Only in post 442 days ago did you express suspicion.

Face it the writing is on the wall. One wolf three unknowns.
I know I have done my best. Kath may have played the absentee lycanthrope again, but I don't think so this time.

Either way it is out of my hands now.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:13 PM   #882
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I pretty seriously disagree with this plan.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #883
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Clearly I'm home. Sorry for the tardiness. I had to work later than expected.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #884
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I as well, and... hm. I'm not really sure what to think at the moment, though I admit Mith is convincing.

That and something about the post where McCaber votes Mith prickled the hairs on the back of my neck.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:33 PM   #885
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, let's see. Kath being fine with self-voting, as Mith pointed out, doesn't really set well as a last-wolf-standing kind of ploy.

I think someone (Lommy, maybe) mentioned yesterday about voting for those unknowns that didn't vote for themselves today, but honestly I can't really blame anyone for not doing it (I wouldn't really want to either.)

Also, voting for self-preservation is fairly reasonable, considering. Given that it's Mith versus McCaber today, I think that's another point in Kath's favor, even given what Nilp said about her earlier.

Hmm...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM   #886
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I as well, and... hm. I'm not really sure what to think at the moment, though I admit Mith is convincing.

That and something about the post where McCaber votes Mith prickled the hairs on the back of my neck.
See, my main argument is that Cab wouldn't have let me live if he suspected Nilp was my lover. Why not take a shot at me?

And consider Mith's proposal of letting herself be modfired as long as McCaber dies. She didn't go through with it. I mean, clearly it was an absurd idea, as having an innocent modfired doesn't do any service for the village, but she didn't even follow through. In fact, hers was the first vote. I don't think she ever had the intention of letting her suggestion happen. Even if we'd have lynched McCaber for her, she would have voted to protect herself. It's just smoother to "reconsider" and do it earlier than to do it near the deadline.

I guess what I'm saying here is I have way more reasons to trust McCaber than I do Mith. She criticizes the actions of others, yet expects no one to find hers suspicious, which is, well, suspicious.

x'd with Shasta
Old 06-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #887
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shasta, consider if McCaber were an injured innocent playing for the team, would he not have considered voting Kath rather than simple retaliation? And if
I were a wolf why on earth wouldn't I have gone after absent Kath instead of voicing suspicions of morm and form one at least of whom would have been a packmate.?
Anyway on current form I am about to drop off.. so.

And Nilp..Mummie loves you no matter what

Old 06-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #888
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
See, my main argument is that Cab wouldn't have let me live if he suspected Nilp was my lover. Why not take a shot at me?

And consider Mith's proposal of letting herself be modfired as long as McCaber dies. She didn't go through with it. I mean, clearly it was an absurd idea, as having an innocent modfired doesn't do any service for the village, but she didn't even follow through. In fact, hers was the first vote. I don't think she ever had the intention of letting her suggestion happen. Even if we'd have lynched McCaber for her, she would have voted to protect herself. It's just smoother to "reconsider" and do it earlier than to do it near the deadline.

I guess what I'm saying here is I have way more reasons to trust McCaber than I do Mith. She criticizes the actions of others, yet expects no one to find hers suspicious, which is, well, suspicious.

x'd with Shasta
It sounds to me as though you'd have found Mith suspicious whether or not she'd gone through with being modfired, or at least that's the way you've come across here.

In any case, you did ask to be protected the night before Nilp came back. Maybe that's why a Cabwolf elected to aim his fangs elsewhere?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #889
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Actually I explicitly said I expected to be found suspicious and why to morm yesterday

Old 06-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #890
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And the reason I offered to be modfired was because I was sufficiently confident about McCaber to think it wouldn't matter. But given that McCaber was regarded as too helpful to be a wolf I didn't think youd take me up on it and I tried to work out the outs and realised that I had better give that idea up. The agreement with Boro was borne of necessity as is probably clear from the conversation.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #891
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
In any case, you did ask to be protected the night before Nilp came back. Maybe that's why a Cabwolf elected to aim his fangs elsewhere?
It's entirely possible. I've considered it off and on, but it doesn't seem very WolfCaber to me. Especially as a last wolf, he would have to try to make the biggest impact possible.

McCaber's self-preservation seems less last wolf standing than Mith's somewhat sudden hesitation to sacrifice herself. She could have taken that risk yesterDay, but if I'm right, doing so toDay would cost her the game, so a convenient change of mind would suit a lone wolf.

If Mith were innocent and believed McCaber to be the last wolf, why would she not do as she said? As I said, it would be unnecessary to make such a sacrifice, but if she truly believed it would end the game, why would she have the need to vote after all? She could have made more of an effort to convince us of his guilt, but instead she went for the safer option. Sure, she offered an explanation, but every wolf has an explanation for her actions.

Honestly though, as much as I prefer Mith as a candidate, I would be totally okay with tying them and letting the dead decide, assuming we think we can get away with that.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #892
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
It's entirely possible. I've considered it off and on, but it doesn't seem very WolfCaber to me. Especially as a last wolf, he would have to try to make the biggest impact possible.

McCaber's self-preservation seems less last wolf standing than Mith's somewhat sudden hesitation to sacrifice herself. She could have taken that risk yesterDay, but if I'm right, doing so toDay would cost her the game, so a convenient change of mind would suit a lone wolf.

If Mith were innocent and believed McCaber to be the last wolf, why would she not do as she said? As I said, it would be unnecessary to make such a sacrifice, but if she truly believed it would end the game, why would she have the need to vote after all? She could have made more of an effort to convince us of his guilt, but instead she went for the safer option. Sure, she offered an explanation, but every wolf has an explanation for her actions.

Honestly though, as much as I prefer Mith as a candidate, I would be totally okay with tying them and letting the dead decide, assuming we think we can get away with that.
With half the votes already in, that should be doable, and I'd be up for it as well. So far we have -

Boro - McCaber (Cab1)
Mith - McCaber (Cab2)
McCaber - Mith (Cab2, Mith1)

with Sally, Shasta, Kath, and Nilp left to vote. Two of us vote Mith, one votes McCaber, one abstains (provided Kath will be around to vote.) I'm not sure if Nilp will be back to vote or not, so he'd likely be the abstention in this scenario. Thoughts?
Old 06-12-2015, 06:21 PM   #893
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm not sure if Nilp will be back to vote or not, so he'd likely be the abstention in this scenario. Thoughts?
I don't believe my beloved will be around much.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #894
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Because of the boromir factor of course. I believe totally that McCaber is the last wolf. I am certain that I am not. I believe that getting McCaber as last wolf ends the game but it isn't impossible that Boro can win as a lone agent. In that scenario an extra bod might be useful.

Remember that if you tie the votes you are abdicating the decision to the dead who have four known stateside wolves... while all those known innocent Europeans may well have gone to bed. Interesting choice.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #895
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Honestly, I'm leaning more towards McCaber myself, but Sally does have good points about it possibly being Mith.

I wonder where Kath is?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #896
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*crickets*
Old 06-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #897
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
*crickets*
Indeed. Well, I'll likely vote for McCaber myself at this rate.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #898
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Mith

For posterity if nothing else. I firmly believe she's the correct choice, and if I'm wrong, then hey, McCaber's played a good game.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:32 PM   #899
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++McCaber

When the two known innocents can't agree...
Old 06-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #900
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Well, in any case I feel better about not voting Kath now.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #901
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
And I guess my fate comes down to who got the bonus vote toDay.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #902
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
White-Hand Deadline, please stop posting

Narration will follow.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #903
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

After the wonder of Nilpaurion's return, the rest of the DAY seemed a touch anti-climactic.

Nilpaurion and Sally made the most of their time together, and out of respect (and perhaps a bit of awe) the other inmates mostly sat quietly.

Suddenly Mithalwen lept to her feet and cried, "I feel strangely EMPOWERED and think we should kill McCaber!!!"

"Don't worry, it's pretty weird from the other side too," said Nilp into the following silence...and then he was gone.

Deciding it best, again, to not argue with the crazy person, the surviving inmates seized McCaber and put him under the blade.

CLUNK

Then the lights went out.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
Nerwen
mormegil
Thinlómien
Formendacil
Nilpaurion Felagund
McCaber

The Living:
satansaloser2005
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Mithalwen
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)

OCC - As I'm going to a play tomorrow I am going to have to move the deadline up by...probably kind of a lot, but unhelpfully I'm not sure when yet. I will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-13-2015, 11:30 AM   #904
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Deadline today will be 7:00 PM Eastern.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #905
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Mithalwen's corpse greeted the dawn.

However, breakfast was still thoughtfully provided.

Best get to work! Time is running out.

The Missing or Dead:
Kuruharan
Nogrod
the phantom
Rune Son of Bjarne
Aganzir
A Little Green
Macalaure
Rikae
Legate of Amon Lanc
Loslote
Firefoot
Lalaith
Nerwen
mormegil
Thinlómien
Formendacil
Nilpaurion Felagund
McCaber
Mithalwen

The Living:
satansaloser2005
Boromir88
Shastanis Althreduin
Kath

Illusion:
Gwathagor
(Ordo)
Old 06-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #906
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well that's....interesting.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #907
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
All I know is I think this is a conspiracy and set up to get me lynched by the last wolf
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #908
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
All I know is I think this is a conspiracy and set up to get me lynched by the last wolf
The last wolf was McCaber. There was only one kill last night. Had it been Mith then the second kill would have gone through vis-a-vis Form.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #909
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
The last wolf was McCaber. There was only one kill last night. Had it been Mith then the second kill would have gone through vis-a-vis Form.
Wait...I killed someone last night? No one gave me the memo. I'm almost sure Kath saw the arrangement between Mith and me yesterday, and decided to set it up to make it look like I killed her.

*sigh* Alas I have no proof...so tell me now, and tell me true, because I'm not going to beat my head off the wall if there's no point in changing my fate. No one's going to believe a word I say today?

And here I am thinking I'm doing a bang up job helping villagers by slaughtering the wolves for them...but now there's no hope.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #910
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I'm afraid I won't be, Boro. Simple facts - you've admitted to being able to kill people at night and there are only four people left alive. We literally have to kill you now.

++Boro

Don't get me wrong though; you certainly did do a bang-up job killing wolves.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #911
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Now now, my boys, let's thing about this from all angles.

If McCaber was the last wolf: Clearly we need to kill my prince because he's the only possible threat left.

If Mith was the last wolf: Boro killed her and is still the only possible threat left, so see above.

If Kath is the last wolf: Well, obviously we need to lynch Kath. Duh.

If Boro is the last wolf: We lynch my prince and I bake and mail him some cookies.

I'm sorry, my darling, but in three of the four scenarios, you are the best choice. That said, I will listen to what you have to say and consider it before I place a vote.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #912
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

All I wanted to do was sleep peacefully...But Thieves and Murderers plundered my home to play at some sport. I did what any one of you would have if you were as lonely as me. I killed not because I wanted to, but because I had to.

Well get on with it. Lynch the beast. When all is said and done...just think better of me and remember that my claws were sharper and my aim was better than even Smaug the Magnificent.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #913
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That dead thread is going to be such a long read when the game's finally over, haha.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #914
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
That dead thread is going to be such a long read when the game's finally over, haha.
Apparently there have been a lot of ban threats and Nicolas Cage gifs. I don't know if I can take it.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #915
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The good news is that even if we're somehow wrong about Boro, we have a 50/50 shot of surviving the Night. I'd still like to wait for Kath to return though....assuming she does return.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #916
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
The good news is that even if we're somehow wrong about Boro, we have a 50/50 shot of surviving the Night. I'd still like to wait for Kath to return though....assuming she does return.
Dang. How long has it been that obvious?
Old 06-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #917
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Dang. How long has it been that obvious?
Nilp and I discussed it yesterDay.

Although to be fair, I thought it was probably McCaber on the Day I faked our little affair.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #918
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Nilp and I discussed it yesterDay.

Although to be fair, I thought it was probably McCaber on the Day I faked our little affair.
Duly noted. Actually, there'd be someone else alive, save for a bit of miscommunication on the first day Kuru moved the deadline up. No one's fault, really, just a metric ton of bad luck.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-14-2015 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Edit: formatting
Old 06-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #919
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Duly noted. Actually, there'd be someone else alive, save for a bit of miscommunication on the first day Kuru moved the deadline up.
Oh? Inquiring minds, etc.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #920
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Oh? Inquiring minds, etc.
I protected Rikae that night, but it wasn't in time.