Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2003, 01:29 PM   #121
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Boots

Greetings All!

It is great to be back! To fill you in I wrote my finals and passed as honour student (as I said I would) I am to graduate tomorrow and finally get my degree… but back to RPG’s thank you everyone for involving me in your posts and keeping Niluial alive but most of all thank you Child of the 7th Age for taking your time to include me it is highly appreciated!

Niluial [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #122
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Everyone please remember to remove your signatures from ALL posts to the Game - even on the 'SAVES'.

Thanks!

~~ Pio
Old 09-30-2003, 02:14 AM   #123
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Sorry Pio I just realised now that I didn’t remove my signature… I will do so!

Niluial
Old 10-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #124
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Just received word from Manardariel on another RPG that she will be gone until at least next week with family obligations. I'm assuming that's true for Resistence as well and will erase her save in the game that was put up several days ago.

Manaradariel -- if you decide you need to place a post, just put it on the discussion thread, and I'll paste it up in any box you want.

Cami
Old 10-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #125
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I did get time to post during the week!

Really, I'd have plenty of time if it weren't for cross-country! (they don't expect us freshmen to be so well-prepared for high school!)

I have posted the expedition on the road, so if I jumped the gun or anything, just let me know. I can save the post for later, if need be, or whatever. Just let me know.

Thanks!

-Durelin [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2003, 04:23 AM   #126
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Durelin: It's perfectly fine as to the stage of the journey, but the Hobbits are walking, not riding. Glad you're still around! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-03-2003, 01:54 PM   #127
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

It's early night now of October 30th. I've left a 'SAVE' in case anyone needs a spot to grumble about trudging along the road during the day. Just put your post(s) on the Discussion Thread and Child or I can slot them in.

Can the Shiriffs and the Resistance Hobbits both put up their camps now near the Shirebourne as Lyra has in her Game outline?

Tomorrow game-time - the Resistance will spot the Shiriffs and a confrontation will ensue.

The Henchmen will proceed on to Great Smials and attempt to get in. Cami, however, will already have brought a warning to Paladin.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #128
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Please note that Dragon Elf Odin Ragnorock has been grounded and will not be able to get online for a week. He sends his apologies.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:32 AM   #129
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Could this go into one of the saves please?

It had been a hard day's walking. Josh was suddenly aware of how little he'd been doing recently, and his legs seemed even more aware of it than he was. There was a dull ache running up the backs of his shins, ever since early afternoon. When they'd had their lunch he'd been fine, he hadn't wanted to stop in fact. It was a lovely bright day for autumn, and the Green Hill Country was more beautiful than he'd remembered.

Then gradually the pains had started, and he'd stopped chatting quietly to Niluial about their gardens. He'd walked alone, trying to ignore the pain by thinking about the past, the times he'd come here before. Many Hobbits believed Merry and Pippin were dead, along with Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee but Josh couldn't imagine it. Pippin had always been there. At a more mature age now Josh could laugh at the hero worship he'd lavished on his cousin, but he still couldn't see him as anything but indestructible.

Lost in the past trying to escape the pain of the present Josh only grunted at frequent "Are we almost there?" and "Can we stop here?"s from Dury, even though he would have loved to stop where he was too. Pride was the only thing that made him continue to the campsite Paladin had chosen, as Josh thought that his uncle's caution was ridiculous. This was the Shire, and more than that it was the Green Hill Country. The Tooks' back garden. Aching legs were the worst you could expect here, Josh thought, sighing with relief as he finally spotted the edge of the marshy land around the Shirebourn. Finally.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #130
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Your post is up. If seemed to fit in well in October 3, at 3:38 pm, right before the bandits' night post that Pio did.

My intention is for Cami to ride through the night and arrive exhausted at your camp by early dawn, but I probably won't get to that post today.

Cami

[ October 05, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-05-2003, 01:16 PM   #131
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Niluial - your post is on board.

Durelin - How about a post on Dury's perspective of camping out near the marshes of the Shirebourne. Should be plenty of bugs to bother the poor Hobbits and make them miserable! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

If you'll put the post on this thread - I'll place it for you.

It is now October 31st. The Henchmen will probably sleep most of the day - having stayed up all night on their futile search of Great Smials.

Cami will be putting up a post where she meets up with the Resistance in the very early dawn hours of October 31st. I'll put up a save for her to do that in.

In the meantime - the Shiriff's and the Resistance should be breaking camps later that morning and be getting on the road.

The Resistance is heading toward Longbottom and Sophia's/Bert and Tansy Fairbank's farm where they will camp the night of October 31st.

The Resistance will meet up with the Shiriff's and have a confrontation. Hob will join the Resistance, while the other 2 shiriff's race off to find the Men.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:51 PM   #132
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everyone up and at 'em! It is the morning of October 31. The henchmen have been tossed out of Great Smials. Cami has come galloping into the camp of the Resistence hobbits. I suspect the Shirriffs are not too far behind.

We need to get this game moving!

I will try to do a post as Hob tomorrow, but I will be quite happy if one of the other Shirriffs beats me to it!

Cami

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-09-2003, 10:47 AM   #133
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Sorry I've been gone so long. I'll get a post crafted now.

Old 10-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #134
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I'm sorry everyone! I could give you a hundred excuses (all true) about why I've been away, but the fact remains I've been a terrible game owner...again. Sorry.

Before I post, is Cami coming with us or do we leave her to sleep?
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-10-2003, 03:52 PM   #135
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Lyra - I believe Child had Cami coming with the group, after a rest of a couple hours along with breakfast. We're on the move right now.

Ah, Lyra, I have found something we have in common. Well, another thing, actually! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I welcome you into the BGOA, Bad Game Owners Anonymous.

-Durelin (who just loves to sign her nick today)
Old 10-10-2003, 04:19 PM   #136
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

I'm coming! I'm coming! Just throw me slumped over my pony and I think I can make it!

Cami
Old 10-11-2003, 05:57 PM   #137
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

Hi Guys,

I am So sorry to do this to you but I must quit the game! I thought I would have time but unfortunately not. As you all know I recently started my new job as a Lawyer and things are really busy. Money is very important at the moment! So please could I be killed off or a better solution everyone includes me in their posts and I pop in when I can, either way is fine with me. Lyra, Pio, Child of the 7th Age & everyone ells I am really sorry!

Best Wishes,

Niluial

P.S. Lyra congratulations on such a excellent game!
P.S.S. I doubt you will be seeing me on Barrow-downs a lot anymore!

[ October 11, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 10-11-2003, 06:13 PM   #138
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Niluial,

Congratulations on the new job! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But I am very sorry to see you leave the Downs in general and this game in particular. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I'll be glad to help carry Niluial along, since Cami knows her from Hobbiton. Perhaps others can also mention her.

You've been a faithful poster for the hobbit resistence group, and I thank you. Your presence will be sorely missed, since we've had trouble keeping the plot consistently going forward.

Drop in sometime to the Green Dragon Inn, if you get a chance!

Cami
Old 10-11-2003, 06:16 PM   #139
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Thank you Cami for being so understanding! I will drop in every now and then! At the moment I am still trying to figure out things and you know get into the routine of my new job. I am sure that I will get used to it and be able to spend more time in this wonderful place!

Kind Regards,
Niluial
Old 10-12-2003, 09:09 AM   #140
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Hob has made just a "little" mistake. He's made a clatter and Cami has seen that they are being followed. Please feel free to react with suitable alarm, those on both sides of the bushes....

Cami
Old 10-12-2003, 09:15 AM   #141
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Imladris,

Your last post was fine except for the reference that we're returning to Tookland...

Could you change that to tracking the hobbit resistence band? I believe you and Olo will be returning to meet the Men, but that will be after we have our run-in with the hobbits.

Many thanks.

Cami
Old 10-12-2003, 09:26 AM   #142
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Arvedui III,

Don't know if you're out there... But, if you are, this may be the place for that heated discussion between Brass and Hob regarding hobbit lasses!

Cami
Old 10-12-2003, 10:29 AM   #143
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I am happy to say that the time consuming case has been cancelled! I can carry on with the RPG…Alas I am going away for a week…But I will be back, so sorry for all the trouble, but Nilly is back.

Nilly
Old 10-12-2003, 11:38 AM   #144
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

OK I promise I'm back for good now. My horrible siblings haven't been letting me on, but I'm not going to let them get away with it anymore.

I hope that my use of characters in my post is OK for Cami, Hob, Olo and Brass? Tell me if you want anything changed...
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-12-2003, 03:52 PM   #145
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Sorry about that, Cami. All fixed now.

Old 10-12-2003, 04:58 PM   #146
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Hullo all,
I am really sorry for my exstended absence. I grossy underestimated how wicked my computer could be, and have been staring at the blue screen of death for the past week or so, but I got it fixed and should be back for good now.

Pio and Cami: Thank you for PMing me about the game. Now I don't feel completly lost.

[ October 12, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]
Old 10-12-2003, 06:44 PM   #147
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everyone,

I think these posts really "zing"! You can almost hear the computer sizzle. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lyra - Using Cami and Hob is fine.
Niluial - I'm glad you'll rejoin us in a week.
Imladris, Arvedui - great posts

OK, Hob has tried to act as the peacemaker to keep us hobbits from killing each other. Now, I think Josh or someone from the Resistence better spill the beans about the pipeweed. And those two Shirriffs better scurry back to meet up with the Men.

I hope someone is gonna' ask Hob to join the Resistence. Feel free to saw on his ear and complain about him acting as a Shirriff. Otherwise, he's in a heap of trouble with Cami and Olo!

Lyra - check your pms.

Cami

[ October 12, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-13-2003, 12:01 PM   #148
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Whoa! We've made lightning speed over the weekend. I am bringing the outline forward so it will be easier for us to refer to it.

Still to do:

31 October:

At some point in the day the resistance spot the shiriffs. They have a confrontation, during which Josh tells them what they're doing- he wants the shiriffs to join them. Only Hob does. The others dash off to find the men.

We are here now: The confrontation happened in the morning so the Resistence at least needs a generic post to continue treking towards Longbottom....

The men do whatever it is they're doing. Perhaps terrorising the Tooks? That would be the right area.

The resistance camp near Longbottom. Everyone else camps wherever they are (?)

1 November:

Trading day for the resistance and Sophia.

The shiriffs find the men. They set off after the resistance.

The resistance camp near Longbottom. Perhaps on Sophia's farm? The men don't let Olo and Brass camp. They walk through the night (which serves them right)

2 November:

The resistance know that Olo and Brass will come after them and decide to set off straight across country.

However they've only gone a few miles when they meet the men (and an exhausted Olo and Brass). They are forced to fight, but manage to escape.

They continue to the Tookland- the men and shiriffs can do as they like from now on!

Since they're keen to get home, the Hobbits keep walking and reach Great Smials at the same time as Pippin- about midnight

November 3:

Pippin, with Josh and Hob (Falco, Dury and Tim will have to decide), go off to fight the battle of Bywater at dawn.

Lyra,

Looking ahead, I do have one question. You might want to check with Sophia and see if she is still playing the farmer and his family, or if you need to make other arrangements.

I checked on House Divided over the weekend and haven't seen her posting recently. I do know that she had computer problems at one time plus a heavy schedule.

Cami

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-13-2003, 01:23 PM   #149
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Shiriff's

The Men are camped between the Shirebourne and Pincup, about halfway south to where Longbottom is (though it will be west of their position.)

The Men are lazy and won't get up til late morning of Nov 1st. Assiram will get up the earliest and have a fire going.

Can the Shiriff's see the smoke of it and come on them at the camp?

We can head toward Longbottom where the Shiriff's know the Resistance are heading.

How does that sound?

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #150
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Everyone,

I received a polite note from Sophia indicating that, with her continuing computer problems, she will not be able to play in Resistence.

Lyra - let's use them as carry-along characters. That's the easiest thing to do.

Please check your pms as well.

Cami/Child
Old 10-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #151
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Yes, I PMed Sophia as well. I liked Bert and Tansy so I guess we'll stick with them. I'll just be writing a post now...

EVERYONE: Just to tell you in advance, if you want to wrap up your character by giving their reflections of the Battle of Bywater it might be helpful to start writing it now, as I doubt we'll have time towards the end. It would be good if it's prepared in advance, and I think it would be a nice place to finish the story. Thanks to Child for the idea [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 AM   #152
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Everyone

There are new rules in effect for all the forums which will be enforced by the administrators and moderators. Please familiarize yourselves with them here:

NEW POLICIES
Old 10-19-2003, 01:05 PM   #153
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Resistance

Lyra has set it up so you have arrived at Bert and Tansy's farm, and are camping there. I put a number of SAVES up for your use about being at the farm.

Shiriff's

I have done a lead in post for the night of November 1st - The Shiriff's have finally found the men's camp, and are in a thicket just on the perimeter of it. The men don't know who you are and have challenged you to come out or be skewered! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

When the men hear where the Resistance has gone they'll want to hurry off right away. No rest for the Hobbitses!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once we move to Nov 2nd - there will be a confrontation between the Men/Shiriff group and the Resistance.

Resistance - feel free to do in by any manner, gruesome or comical, two of the Men - Ahriman and Helios.

Assiram, craven that he is, will run off . . .
Old 10-19-2003, 06:15 PM   #154
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Good posts, everyone! Durelin, very touching. Lyra, good job pushing us forward. I look forward to battling those nasty Shirriffs and the even more nasty Men.

The deal for pipeweed has been struck; Cami and Hob have had a serious discussion. There are still open saves underneath if any of the Resistence want to make further comments or observations. We need to turn in early for the night and set out early the next morning cross country to try and elude Brass and Olo.

Cami
Old 10-20-2003, 01:36 PM   #155
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Resistance

Can one of you now move the game on to Nov 2?

The Men and Shirrif's are riding south to find you.

Some one needs to get the Hobbits up and moving.

And if one of you, then, can also set up the sighting/or confrontation with the men and Shiriff's then we can have our little fight.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:15 AM   #156
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Ok the Hobbits are up, if someone hasn't posted the next bit before I come back I'll continue my post.

Is anyone very keen to kill the men? I'm not sure. I'd rather not have death, but we need to get them out of the Shire, so does anyone have any tricksy plans...?
the Forbidden Link
Old 10-22-2003, 12:24 AM   #157
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

OK, the two bands are in view of each other. Let the rumble commence. And I do have something appropriate in store for those nasty men if you can't bear to see them killed!

Cami/Child
Old 10-22-2003, 11:27 AM   #158
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The men and Shiriffs are within yards of the Resistance . . . someone start the melee!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:04 PM   #159
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Please check your pms: Lyra, Manardarial, Durelin, Arvedui, Imladris, Dragon Elf, Niluial....

You get the idea! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cami

[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 10-23-2003, 02:09 AM   #160
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Well, the fight has started! I would have written more but I'm leaving for uni in literally 5 minutes!
the Forbidden Link