The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #401
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My apologies for not seeing the immortality thing.

OK, in that case, we really shouldn't lynch Lommy.

Valier could be an option, but it still hangs on whether Legate was telling the truth about being innocent.

McCaber's lynching would give us the advantage of knowing for sure that the wolf from his Day is dead, but we've only got a 1 in 3 chance that he's a Wolf.

I'm planning to vote for Valier, as there are better odds that she's a wolf from my point of view (but it's still 1 in 3 from yours, as I know many of you doubt my claim of being a Protector).
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #402
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
hello dear villagers. let me apologize again for my lateness. I have read through most of yesterday but I wanted to make a few things clear.

I think I may have been wrong in lynching Legate. I think he was the gifted. Menel is the wolf. I was actually surprised when I read very early on in the day that Menel suspected me, and then votes me with no hesitation. I think to myself why would he suspect me right away, when he was the one who voted Legate in the first place... I also noticed this in Legate's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
If Valier is a wolf, Menel is just an innocent who made a mistake.
and his last like four posts. I will not put them all here, but if you go and read them I am certain Legate WAS a gifted. Which would explain a lot about Menel and his behavior yesterday. Really if he was the Ranger how would we ever know? I, my fellow villagers am an Innocent. Now, there is a good chance that Menel is the Ranger, which is Yay!! but why would the wolves not have killed him last night? and why the sudden turn, almost blindly I may add...towards me?

Ok I am going to finish up my reading and I'll be back to comment on the other groups of threes.

Last edited by Valier; 01-25-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: x-posted with Menel
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:24 PM   #403
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I myself am leaning towards taking our chances with lynching Lommy. Even if it is a wasted lynch our numbers are a bit better. If we choose to lynch someone else, odds are we will choose wrongly. Then toMorrow we will only have one more than the wolves, assuming whomever is targeted is not saved by protection.

I'm confused at the wolves' strategy.. Why they did not go after Menel in being a protector, means he is a wolf. Or that they didn't want to kill him, and show that he truly is a protector. Thus pointing the wolf finger at Valier.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #404
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok so as promised my take so far on the groups. Mostly take into account that I am assuming that one of the two of each group is a wolf and not counting if a wolf was indeed killed in stage one.

Roa, Naria and McCaber

I think Roa was the gifted, and Naria an Ordo. McCaber I believe is the wolf of this group. To me it seems the kill of Naria would be a perfect plan to draw suspicion away from McCaber. Who would think a wolf would kill the remaining group member (of their day) and put them in the spotlight? especially when they have been highly suspected. A wolf that wants to hide in the spotlight, hoping they will pass as an innocent. Seems like a good wolf plan to me.
I believe the wolves killed Naria as an easy kill, ridding them of a potential threat as a quiet gifted, or simply a quiet Ordo. If McCaber has to be a sacrifice to get the remaining wolves farther, I believe since he has been suspected that would be a good plan.

Aganzir, Shasta, Ka

I am far more inclined to thing Aganzir a wolf. Ka's posts are always a little eccentric for me, but she seems innocent. I agree that if she was a wolf I doubt she would have clarified such rules for us. Aganzir has been off to me, but not in a very high way. I don't find her all that suspicious. But of the two she is indeed furrier.

Lommy, Nogrod and The Might

Wow this one is confusing.... There is no way that Lommy is the seer. I do admit that Rikae could have been Wolfgrod's lover. Volo is not reveling roles in the narration so Hunted by Nogrod could just be what he put because Nogrod was claiming to hunt Rikae or McCaber. Which he could have said all that, knowing full well if he died so would Rikae, so why not pretend to be the Hunter? It would explain quite nicely to the village why Rikae died too. In doing this he could totally frame Lommy. And possibly he was going to bring his "fellow wolf" with him when he died, pointing blame again away from a WolfCaber, when Rikae went instead.

But this Leaves Lommy...since she can't be the Seer, seeing as I'm not a wolf. I believe we have a Cobbler on our hands. Who else is put in the village to confuse and torment the village and help the wolves as much as she can? Since Nogrod could not have known she was the cobbler he had no problem pointing us towards her anyways.

The Might was almost certainly an Ordo, so If Nogrod was a wolf, Lommy could indeed be a Cobbler....they are considered gifted right? Ok well either way Lommy needs to go. I think she just may have used her immortality today, but there is always tomorrow. I do say that we try not to take too much of what she says to heart, cause she is evil, no matter wolf or Cobbler.

Sally, Kath, Gil

Kath I think is innocent, weather it be Ordo or Gifted. I'm not quite sure why she suspects me so much, but I do agree with alot she says and her reasons make sense. Sally, I'm inclined to think would be the wolf of the two. Again I'm not quite sure yet, but I am pretty sure Gil was not a wolf, so one of these two must be furry.

Azaliea, Brinnel, Groin

I like the way Brinn thinks, most of what she says makes sense, so I think her more Innocent. Zali has however been raising on my radar, not sure why yet, I'll be looking more into these two.

Greenie, Isabel, Rikae

So if Rikae was indeed a lover, that would make her an Ordo? I'm not sure I was convinced of Greenies guilt. I will be looking over Isa's post here shorty.

I'll have to vote before I got to bed tonight, I am leaning towards Menel or McCaber. i do want to look at Isa, Brinn and Zali more before I do make up my mind.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #405
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
-Oh, and there will be a single Lover at most
I'm not exactly sure how the role of a Lover works.. but usually when it says one Lover; does that not mean singular.. and not plural? Such as one lover, rather than two lovers; a pair? As well.. who is to say that a lover HAS to be an ordo? The games which I've played elsewhere, the 'lover' aspect was in addition to the player's role. Did we not have a pair of WW lovers last game?

So I guess I'm confused as to where this talk of lovers being ordo's is coming from and what not.

Edit, spelling.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #406
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm finally here. I agree that it would not be a good idea to lynch Lommy, with that immorality thing. And with Rikae's death, she does look mighty wolvish. Save her for later.

Naria seemed an easy kill for the wolves, if only for the lack of paper trail. But did they do it to cast suspicion on me, or did I do it to make you think the wolves cast suspicions on me, or did the wolves think of that and try to triple-bluff it? That said, time for me to move on.

Ka seems innocent at first glance, just for mentioning the immortality.

Menel is looking like a wolf to me right now. He was quick to claim to be gifted when he really didn't need to. From his day, he seems the worst.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #407
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa
So I guess I'm confused as to where this talk of lovers being ordo's is coming from and what not.
I think I was the only one who thought she could be an ordo, or at least I just brought it up. I did put a question mark by that. I'm not quite sure how that works.

As of now I'm still leaning towards McCaber or Menel. I've got to go to bed, I gotta work early. I will come on and vote before I go.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:07 AM   #408
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I think I'll vote now and get it over with.

++Valier
Old 01-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #409
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
OK, in that case, we really shouldn't lynch Lommy.
You can't anyways, she still has the immortality protection for toDay. Last night she had it too. As for toNight, that aspect should change to the person with the decisive vote for toDay.
Quote:
Presumably she can't choose to be Immortal every Day so we'll be able to get her eventually.
I hope not, or that rule is a load of hokey, taking the perfectly good job of rangers and other specials away. Then again, if Lommy somehow managed to cast her vote at the right time everyday, everytime, I'd be more curious than upset.
That likelihood is a little too far out, even for me.
Though, as far as rules go, I am not so sure beyond what happened last night and toDay's immortality protection. What will happen in the future, like most humans, I don't have a bloody clue. I am trying to go by only the information I am sure about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
Ka's posts are always a little eccentric for me
Heh, sorry about that. 'Tis my nature, in or out of WW. I can't help it, like Joyce. Usually lands me in the suspicion bowl, but eh, c'est la vie.

At first, Menel didn't seem so much suspicious as acting himself on the pre-day, to me at least. Though, with the tight rope he has now and before, and no one to be his net (so far), he's acting a bit out of his element, so to speak. With Nogrod obviously not a wolf now, we'll have to see what Menel does.

I have to agree with some of Isa's point on the lover aspect. Unless the lover role has developed into 'mutual recognition of a lover from afar' role or something. I don't think it is actually a complete role but an additional one chosen at random, which would make sense game wise. Though, I am really foggy on additional roles and such.

Okay, that is all for now. I have to get some sleep for tomorrow morning, but I should be back before the day is up. If I can, I'll have to make an early vote, with probably even less reason, ugh c'est degoutant. Until then I'll read over what I can.

~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 01-26-2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Forgot to bold a name, how rude of me.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 01:46 AM   #410
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I believe Lommy either had protection for last night, or for toDay; not both. I'm not sure if people are not seeing when others are clarify posting it, or just purposefully muddling it to benefit their wolfish ways.

Quote:
The player to cast the decisive vote during a Stage2 Day may PM the Mod and choose to be protected either for the next Night or the next Day.
So really.. which would Lommy of chosen? To protect herself last night, or toDay?

I'm going to be paying more attention to McCaber.. and go look through his posts more finely. He was only on the edge of my concentration, but his last post just seems to be a summation of the previous posts before that.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #411
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I believe Lommy either had protection for last night, or for toDay; not both. I'm not sure if people are not seeing when others are clarify posting it, or just purposefully muddling it to benefit their wolfish ways.

So really.. which would Lommy of chosen? To protect herself last night, or toDay?

I'm going to be paying more attention to McCaber.. and go look through his posts more finely. He was only on the edge of my concentration, but his last post just seems to be a summation of the previous posts before that.

Sorry, not a big post from me, at least not at the moment. I was just checking the site before I went to bed and wanted to respond to this. Might help clear things up. I'm pretty sure that Lommie does indeed only get protected for one period (i.e. one night or one day) not both. However, if Lommie knew that Noggie was the guardian, she would know she wouldn't need to protect herself during the night. Therefore, reason dictates that she'd prefer to use it during the Day.

But the flip side is that she couldn't have known if there was more than one guardian (or for that matter if Noggie really was the guardian. By the way I'll have to look into that lovers' aspect more. It's worth consideration even though I don't think that Noggie and Rikae were the lovers) and so not protecting herself last night could have been a fatal mistake. But having two guardians in this game would just be plain silly, so my guess is that Lommie assumed she would be safe for the night. Besides, it's better (from a furry standpoint) to be unlynchable during the day than unkillable during the night, as the odds of being chosen by the guardian at night are slimmer.

Long and short of it is this: I think Lommie probably protected herself for toDay. Don't quote me on it, but it seems to make the most sense. So I think we should indeed try to lynch another werewolf today and then take care of Lommie later. My current lynch choices woud be McCaber and Valier, in that order, as I think both look quite fuzzy but I'd like to get more from Val in the line of evidence before we kill her.

I'm off to bed since it's almost 2am. I'm planning to sleep in (yay Saturdays!) but will definitely be up before the deadline and will be able to post, vote, etc. Good night ladies and gents!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-26-2008 at 02:15 AM. Reason: just fixing a sentence because it sounded funny :)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:47 AM   #412
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I myself am leaning towards taking our chances with lynching Lommy. Even if it is a wasted lynch our numbers are a bit better. If we choose to lynch someone else, odds are we will choose wrongly. Then toMorrow we will only have one more than the wolves, assuming whomever is targeted is not saved by protection.
If I counted correctly, there are 11 of us left...five of which are wolves. There's no way to know for sure whether Lommy protected herself during the Night or Day...she obviously isn't going to tell us. But if we cannot risk the chance of a no lynch. Because if we did, the wolves would basically win as long as they successfully killed their victim tomorrow Night.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #413
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Okay, I just realised if Rikae is indeed a wolf, we still have a shot of winning even if there is a mis-lynch or no-lynch. But still we can't ever know that for sure...so I'd rather try to peg a wolf that is actually lynchable.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #414
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Right now, McCaber is looking most suspicious to me. I didn't like his switch to side with Naria yesterDay, saying he would've voted Roa when he looked like he was going to do the exact opposite. He also said a few comments to Nogrod I thought were odd.

Menel looks pretty fishy to me, and he could quite easily be lying about his role, especially if Legate was gifted. My main worry though is that he could be telling the truth...then what a horrible mistake that would be to lynch him. Valier made a valid point about him, but she has no way to prove her own innocence. If Menel is truthful it doesn't necessarily point to her guilt because Legate could've easily been a wolf too. If a wolf, Valier would know this and could easily be playing us. But I just don't know. I'm split between the two of them...either one of them could just as easily be innocent as they are suspicious. Which is why I'd rather not take the risk of lynching either toDay. There's no room for any error, simple as that.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 AM   #415
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I really don't like rushing this at all and I wish I had more time to think this over...but I have to leave this second and won't be back before the deadline. Therefore, I have to go with the one who looks most wolfish to me:

++McCaber

EDIT: Heh, just realised I quad posted...
Old 01-26-2008, 06:36 AM   #416
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think Volo was merely joking about the lover thing. Besides, had Nog and Rikae truly been lovers, why on earth would Rikae have been all for lynching Nog then? Just to frame a gifted Lommy? I don't buy that.

Lommy annoys me (though I'm rather sure her fellow wolves are crying tears of laughter while reading her posts). And I agree with everybody who said that she should be ignored.

But I'm a bit perplexed about this Menel/Valier thing. Well, at least I'm surer than ever now that Legate wasn't a wolf...
If Valier is a wolf, there's no reason to doubt Menel's claim, which in itself looks rather suspicious though. If Menel is a wolf, he was gambling while claiming to be a gifted - he couldn't know if Val was one.
And why did Lommy declare Valier a wolf? Either she's Lommy's fellow and Lommy wants her to look more innocent or Menel's Lommy's fellow and Lommy is triple-bluffing. Ok, I'm not going to dwell on that at the moment.

By the way, if one of you got Nog's role, feel free to tell it even though it was rather clear anyway & Lommy has already provived us with her own version.

Quote:
McCaber, well I do see some wolfishness in his behavior, but I think it would be a little risky to lynch him just yet rather than one of the other two I mentioned.
"1. Let's lynch Lommy who's probably protected!
2. Let's lynch Valier before she has a chance to question my gifted claim!
3. Since Cab is so suspected I think I must say something about him as well... They're going to lynch me if I say he looks innocent so I say I suspect him a little... But my preferences are those suspicious people voting for whom ensures our furry team's victory."

Ms. Joyce, why are you implying that Lommy was protected tonight? So that we could try to lynch her today, find her protected and help the wolves win (I'm speaking about the worst-case scenario, which we should consider to be true in order to avoid a fatal error)?
Ok, I know I might be flushing a gifted out by asking this, but I don't think it really matters anymore. I found your statement (especially repeating that you know she was protected) weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Pretty keen on lynching Nog though, which does alter my thoughts a bit.
That was only after Nog had said he considered hunting Rikae. Cab's reaction was understandable if he was a wolf with the ladies.

Quote:
She made one post and didn't vote, so the choice of her was probably made for it's safety. How can there be trails if she never spoke?
Did she say anything that might have indicated giftedness on day 0 or their trial day? I'll check in a minute. We can't count on Roa being the gifted.

Quote:
Valier could be an option, but it still hangs on whether Legate was telling the truth about being innocent.
This may be the last day and you're voting for someone whose guilt depends on a dying player's words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
but why would the wolves not have killed him last night? and why the sudden turn, almost blindly I may add...towards me?
I think Menel not being killed doesn't point to one way or another. The wolves can't know how many there are of each gifted, and if he was the ranger there was a chance that another ranger was protecting him.
But Valier, first you say you're sure Legate was a gifted, then that there's a good chance Menel is the ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
How come you're so sure of both Rikae being a wolf and that trying to lynch Lommy now is a good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
However, if Lommie knew that Noggie was the guardian, she would know she wouldn't need to protect herself during the night.
I agree with you about this. I find it much more likely that there's just one guardian, as it's, after all, a role which can prove seriously catastrophic.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:59 AM   #417
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Naria

Nothing there. She looked definitely the most ordoish of those three. Why on earth was she killed if the wolves knew there was a plenty of gifteds around as well, or did I miss some subtle gifted hints? I refuse to believe the wolves picked a random kill.

Anyway, I'm off for a while.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #418
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

well I'm off for work and I see nothing has changed. I still have high suspicions that Menel is indeed a wolf. I'm still not quite sure of his gung-ho behavior towards me. I do however think that McCaber is far more likely a wolf. His last post was just reiterating what has already been said and for a Ordo/Gifted that is very unhelpful.

++McCaber

Good luck all! May we all cringe our noses happily at the smell of burn fur today.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:54 AM   #419
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Here's a comment from sally I don't understand:
Quote:
However, if Lommie knew that Noggie was the guardian, she would know she wouldn't need to protect herself during the night.
Why? I just really don't get where you're coming from here.

With this Immortality thing, there are two choices it seems. Lommy either protected herself last Night or toDay. If it's toDay and we try and lynch her that gives us a wasted lynch. If we try to lynch another wolf it helps us far more than trying to lynch someone who may possibly be immune to it.

Now, as to who we have as possible wolves.

Valier ~ pretty high up on the suspicion list of many, the only thing giving me real trouble is that Lommy outed her. As bold wolves go Lommy is obviously up there with the best of them so I wouldn't put it past her to reveal a fellow wolf. Valier is the main force behind suspicion of Menel here, yet the quotes she pulls out to 'prove' his wolvishness only serve to make it look like she is the wolf (post 402). Says if there were to be a wolvish sacrifice it would be McCaber. The thing with Valier is that she says a lot of things I actually quite agree with (apart from the Nog/Rik lover story) but she says them in such an odd fashiom. I'm not used to a Valier coming across as so ... desperate sounding, and I think that more than anything is what has me convinced of her wolvishness.

McCaber ~ changed his ideas once he found out Nog was thinking about taking Rikae with him rather than Lommy. If McCaber is a wolf along with Lommy that would only really make sense if Rikae was an innocent, otherwise McCaber is still sending a fellow wolf to the grave.

Menel ~ I can see why he is coming across as suspicious but I still think he is actually the Ranger. He has a bad habit of looking wolvish, it gets him killed in the early Days often, but I still think I can see some logic in his early revelation. As to why the wolves would not have killed him last Night it could have been in order to set up a .. well a set up, or possibly they thought there might be another Ranger that might protect him. Whatever the case, I still think he's telling the truth. There's a little group very ready to lynch him, with Valier and McCaber (two people I find very suspicious at the moment) the leaders of it, pushing me to think he is what he says he is.

As I was reading through I have another person that looks a bit odd and that is Izzy. If we lynch Lommy toDay and nothing happens we waste tomorrow in basically repeating a Day. She's also one with the Menel must be a wolf because he didn't die theory. However, Valier says she'll look at her and there is some logic behind what she said even if I don't agree with it. What she said niggles at me but I'm not sure it's enough for full blown suspicion.

Anyway, right now I have Valier at the very top of my suspect list and I'm pretty sure that is where my vote will be going. I would rather see her dead than McCaber because it is her that is following Lommy with trying to confuse (the lovers idea, the idea that Nog was not the Hunter and the idea that Lommy is merely a Cobbler and so might count toward innocent numbers).
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #420
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Ms. Joyce, why are you implying that Lommy was protected tonight? So that we could try to lynch her today, find her protected and help the wolves win (I'm speaking about the worst-case scenario, which we should consider to be true in order to avoid a fatal error)?
Ok, I know I might be flushing a gifted out by asking this, but I don't think it really matters anymore. I found your statement (especially repeating that you know she was protected) weird.
Ms. Aganzir, Lommy casted the decisive vote= she could be immune from vote/attack either for last night or for today. I am certain that the immortality bit was used last night.
I don't think we should lynch her toDay, it doesn't make immediate sense, and I wish I had more time to reason all of this, but I have RL things this morning and can't be late. Again.

It might still matter, maybe I like my role... Amoungst the living. Then again, it is of course no consequence of mine whether I die or not. Though, I like the idea of living and being a supporting character and player.

My lips are sealed beyond that. I know you are clever enough to find the hints. If I am or not, so what. I just am interested in thinking about others right now, since my own life in this game matters because of it.

Quote:
McCaber is a wolf along with Lommy that would only really make sense if Rikae was an innocent, otherwise McCaber is still sending a fellow wolf to the grave.
Which, I can see some logic in, distraction wise. If there is five of them amoung us, at least two are showing some fur. I think they might be able to sacrifice one for four, it is a common near-end game tactic (or when it is felt the game is ending). It all depends how eager our wolvies are.

I am really sorry about this, but I have to leave, now. I think I might already be late for my exam, ugh. Wish I could explain more, but I am out of time and won't make it back before deadline.

++McCaber

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #421
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eye

The one I think we shouldn't lynch in any case is Brinniel. She seems innocent to me.

The ones we should lynch, double-lynch actually, are Kath and Aganzir. I'm sure they're gif... err... wolves.

There's some advice I'd like to give.
Protector(s), I suggest you protect Kath next Night.
Defender(s), I suggest you dream of Aganzir next Night.
Councellor(s), I suggest you ally yourself/ves with Sally and Valier, at least. Possibly with THE Ka, Aganzir and McCaber too.
Wolves, I suggest you kill McCaber.

What else?

Quote:
I'm recanting my suspicion of Ka somewhat mostly because she came out with the Immortality explanatlieion. I'm aware that was in the rules but if she was a wolf I doubt she'd help us avoid the possibility of a wasted lynch. So, let's have a look at McCaber and Var.
What? Just because she knows the rules she's not a wolf? Fine logic.

Quote:
Lommy was trying very hard to stay alive yesterDay, would a fellow wolf be quite so bold as to try and get her killed even if it was through Nog? I don't know.
I'm sure there was no wolf in ww history who ever did that. Besides, yesterDay the main lynch candidates were I, Nogrod and McCaber himself, so why couldn't he have done that?

Quote:
Oh yes, and Naria, I said I would look at why she was killed but there's nothing to look at. She made one post and didn't vote, so the choice of her was probably made for it's safety. How can there be trails if she never spoke?
What about Day0 and trials?
Quote:
Everyone knows Valier's instincts, why not get rid of her if you have the chance? Well, because she is a wolf.
Or because she should be let to play more than one Day for a change? Or because she's completely wrong with her famous instincts? Or because she looks like a cobbler? There are dozens of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Right now, I honestly don't like how Menel pulls for the lynching of Lommy...after Kath's post, he should know it would be too risky. He also leaves open the slight possiblity of Lommy's innocence, which I don't believe for one second...wavering even slightly about something like that seems wolfy to me.
Some of us are risk-takers, Brinn - not everyone is a sheep like you. What's wrong with Menel being a risk-taker? And wavering? You seem to forget the crucial point which is that non-Defender gifteds and ordos don't know the facts, unlike you wolves and possibly the Defenders, so they can't be sure. Fishy, Brinn, fishy.
Quote:
My apologies for not seeing the immortality thing.
AN APOLOGY! WEREWOLF LOREBOOK CHAPTER 1: "WOLVES APOLOGISE"! I'M SURE YOU'VE ALL READ IT! LYNCH HIM! LYNCH! (sorry, I just realised I like CAPS LOCK and wow, I jsut realised the "caps" is just not a random term, but short for "capitals" as in "capital letters"... omg, I'm so silly. )

Quote:
I think all declarations of innocence, unless specified, should be ignored. Really. We could all be just calling ourselves innocent and then we couldn't lynch anybody becasue they said they're innocent and you have to trust people in principle, or that's my principle, not in ww, though, and yes, what was I saying, oh, I got a hilarious idea, let's just all pronounce ourselves innocents so no one gets lynched. I'll start:

I AM INNOCENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
hello dear villagers. let me apologize again for my lateness. I have read through most of yesterday but I wanted to make a few things clear.
Another apologising wolf! KILL HER!

Quote:
Really if he was the Ranger how would we ever know?
I know. Let's lynch him and wait what kind of information comes about.

Quote:
I, my fellow villagers am an Innocent.
Yay, Valier joined my decalration experiment before I even started it! You must be a seer, Val!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie
I myself am leaning towards taking our chances with lynching Lommy. Even if it is a wasted lynch our numbers are a bit better.
Izzie, my friend, whose numbers? Ours or ours? Anyway, I fail to see your point, if you lynched me and I was protected, the numbers would be exactly the same as this morning. Or am I missing something?

Oh, I need a pause. I'll reply the rest of the posts a bit later. *sigh*

edit: xed with ka and removed about 99% of the content... sorry
edit2: bolded Izzie's name and removed the sentence "I'm a wolf"

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-26-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:35 AM   #422
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Looks like this is going to be a relatively quiet day. Where is everyone?

Quote:
Quote:
Why? I just really don't get where you're coming from here.
The way I understood it was that if Nog was the guardian, Lommy had little or no chance to get killed during the night. I don't know about others, but at least I've been thinking there's more likely just one guardian.

Quote:
McCaber ~ changed his ideas once he found out Nog was thinking about taking Rikae with him rather than Lommy. If McCaber is a wolf along with Lommy that would only really make sense if Rikae was an innocent, otherwise McCaber is still sending a fellow wolf to the grave.
Rather send one to the grave than two. Had Nog not been lynched, he'd have taken also Lommy the next night. So I can see the sense in that also.

Ka, logically thinking I wouldn't be that sure. Not that it matters anymore, though. I don't think she will be lynched today anyway.

Voting record
Menel: Valier
Brinn: Cab
Val: Cab
Ka: Cab

(Cab-3, Val-1)

Left to vote: sally, Cab, Lommy, Kath, Zali, Izzy, Agan

Thus far it looks like Cab's going to be killed, and that's a good thing (at least IMO). He's a wolf or I'll eat my Swedish textbook (and am sure that I won't start missing it).
Old 01-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #423
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shield

I will be around here 'til the deathline, probably away for longer and shorter whiles, but keeping an eye on you little sheep, like a good shepherd. (Besides, sheep make good iskender kebab. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
Probably because in most of the BD ww games lovers have been an ordo and a wolf. Not always, though.

Quote:
And why did Lommy declare Valier a wolf? Either she's Lommy's fellow and Lommy wants her to look more innocent or Menel's Lommy's fellow and Lommy is triple-bluffing. Ok, I'm not going to dwell on that at the moment.
Or Legate was my fellow and I'm just having fun.

Quote:
I find it much more likely that there's just one guardian, as it's, after all, a role which can prove seriously catastrophic.
Yes, I think Nogrod proved that already...

Quote:
Looks like this is going to be a relatively quiet day. Where is everyone?
Too busy hiding their fur.

Quote:
He's a wolf or I'll eat my Swedish textbook (and am sure that I won't start missing it).
Could you eat mine as well?
Old 01-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #424
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Could you eat mine as well?
I eat only advanced level textbooks.

I'm going to be around until the deadline as well, but I doubt my opinion will change.

++ McCaber

Voting record
Menel: Valier
Brinn: Cab
Val: Cab
Ka: Cab
Agan: Cab

(Cab-4, Val-1)

Left to vote: sally, Cab, Lommy, Kath, Zali, Izzy

I would say this looks like a nasty bandwagon if I didn't feel so strong about killing Cab.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #425
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

I'm here, now. Sorry for the late appearance.

It's clear to me that Lommy is a wolf who knows she's found out and is now muddying the waters for the sheer joy of it. Glad to see you're having fun.

She'll probably be getting my vote tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm going to vote

++McCaber

Because he is just...odd. Aside from Lommy, he looks the most like a wolf. I'm going with the same instinct that fueled my vote yesterDay.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #426
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ouch, guess this'll be the day that I die.

I still think there are many more obvious candidates than me, I mean look at Menel, or Val, or, or, ... ok, panic attack over. Oh well, I guess I brought this on myself. It's been fun, though.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #427
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I love bandwagons.

++MCCABER
Old 01-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #428
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, well. If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.

++McCaber
Old 01-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

That was probably the funniest self-vote ever.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #430
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank you. I'm having fun here. How about the rest of you?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #431
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

So, Cab, are you a wolf?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #432
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nope
Old 01-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #433
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
How come you're so sure of both Rikae being a wolf and that trying to lynch Lommy now is a good idea?
I see what is trying to be done, yet the information is quite obvious. Ignoring the information speaks volumes of either fur or Cobbler. With that said; I had thought Greenie was the wolf, but it appears that Rikae was. Either way, it doesn't really matter as it doesn't change the numbers much.. they just switch. Unless I am mistaken - it is 7/4 at the moment. (Assuming of course that both Nogrod and Naria are non-wolf.. which is obvious they are.) If we lynch right, toMorrow most likely it will be 6/3. If we lynch wrong, toMorrow will see 5/4. If we try to lynch Lommy and fail due to her chosen protection of toDay.. then toMorrow we will see 6/4.

I'm not sure how volo is deciding the decisive lyncher.. but to me it looks like Lommy just grabbed it again. With her vote making it 6 against McCaber, with not enough votes to outlynch him if all of the voters went to Valier. I hope I am wrong..

X'd with Lommy, McCaber, Aganzir, McCaber.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #434
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I forgot you three were in the same trial.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #435
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

So, Cab, are you even a cobbler?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:04 PM   #436
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Does it matter?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #437
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ni.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #438
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well this is all very interesting. If there is to be a bandwagon I'm glad it's against someone I suspect. However, I still find Valier more suspicious so even though this is apparently useless:

++VALIER
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #439
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Pipe Thought of the Day

Everything is calm like a dead squirrel.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #440
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Azaelia

I think I would've voted for McCaber had I actually gone through his posts.. yet I mainly skimmed, and didn't jot down any notes. I think voting him now is just a bit of overkill. He is going to die, so I'd rather put my vote elsewhere. I choose to place it here, because she is 'probably' going to vote for Lommy toMorrow.. even though right before she said this, she stated it was obvious that Lommy was a wolf. I think all in all, her posts are very vague.. and I think I've forgotten she was here.

x'd with Lommy, Kath, Lommy.