The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #241
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mänwe View Post



[unaccountable!]Blind Guardian; #47(1i) offers no reason for his absence and says due to this absence he will not vote. While Day 2, #181(2i) #187(2ii) expresses delight at survival and math reasoning for the ‘easy lynch’.
Sorry, I didn't realize I didn't explain myself. It was a very busy day here. I had a lot of scrubbing to do and still have more to do. Had to take the dog for a walk, went shopping waaayyyy in Phoenix. Later today I have to paint a ceiling and finish some walls and finish cleaning those shelves.

I was just putting in my point of view, which if you have played with me before, gets me lynched, 'cause everything I say sounds insane. Maybe I am crazy a little. And yes it is a miracle at surviving day 1, for me.
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 AM   #242
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
For those who didn't play in Lommy's game a few months back, I falsely and foolishly claimed to be the hunter in that game.
Oh please don't remind me, trying to figure out whether I should come forward (as the real hunter) was so stressful, and then we lost because I went and trusted evil!Boro and evil!Nog, and revealed! Yes, I still hold a grudge.


I'm afraid I won't be able to come back after this post. I couldn't get on during my first two classes, and know for sure I won't be able to for my last (which starts very soon), and I have to go straight to work immediately after class, where I have no internet. So toDay sucks for me, I apologise. For the next week the Days fall on the days I don't have school, so this should be my only bad Day for participation.


Anyway, I've just lightly skimmed. I believe Kit, cause there is rarely ever a reason for someone to claim hunter when they aren't (though there are exceptions *cough*skip*cough*), and though I'm strongly against Hunter reveals, this one is understandable since she can't play anymore. Obviously lynching her would be a waste, she'll be modkilled soon enough so I say we don't worry about it.

And Agan, I did think you were too obvious to be the Cobbler, but then you drew attention to Sally's thing and that would be a smart thing for the Cobbler to do (make it seem innocent, like you're just suspicious of Sally and trying to bring her down, but really letting the wolves know that you've seen it and are planning to go through with it). I know some people think that for it to work the Cobbler would have to leave a hint, but I don't think that's necessarily true. If enough attention was brought to that plan then the Cobbler and Wolves may have just assumed that the other was thinking of doing it. And mentioning it at the very end of the Day when it's intense and someone is being lynched, that brings a lot of attention to it.

Guh, I have to go. How bad would it be for me not to vote? Cause I don't have time to read thoroughly and make an educated decision, and Agan isn't really an option since I'm more confused, rather than suspicious, about her, and really just that one post of hers looks really bad to me, otherwise she seems normal-ish. So, I won't. Sorry, I just wouldn't know who to go for, too much to read in the 5 minutes before I have to leave. Good luck!
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #243
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,143
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
EDIT: x-ed with the bunch and certain silly person. Skip! One more joke like that and I will seriously lynch you!
Hehe, I'm sorry buddy, but I just couldn't resist (and now with the image of Legate spitting out his tea all over the keyboard in my head I can't regret it ) . Surely the lovely Wilwa will appreciate the joke at least.

But on to serious business...

EDIT: And there she is, again, I'm sorry luv!
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan

Last edited by skip spence; 01-06-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Edit
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #244
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
"No real hinting"? Why not? "More direct"? Oh yes, you could have been: you could have done the thing you later rebuked Sally for. That's EXACTLY what I had in mind when saying that you did not drop any direct hint. For that matter, I also didn't say I think you are innocent. It did not make me suspect you, and that's a huge difference, as you can surely understand.
No real hinting because the baddies didn't yet have any information that we don't. And I suppose that's fair enough, although I would never ever had said so, regardless of my role (innocent me doesn't want to give the baddies ideas while an evil me doesn't want the attention).

Quote:
Good question. You know, your sharp observations in this post about what the Wolves would think about the Cobbler and so on are actually so sharp that I am starting to think that you have been thinking about it a great deal yourself in your quest to find an ally.
Ahaha! Like, what? Seriously though, I love that comment. It just proves what I always knew: I think like a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I'm not sure I agree with you. That Sallywagon sprang up awfully late in the day, to be purely-innocent driven.
And why would the wolves encourage lynching someone who just said something more helpful to them than anything else that had been said? Could they really afford it? Personally, I think there was a better reason to lynch sally than Pitch, Nessa or Zil anyway. If you think there was a wolf involved, give some more reasoning. It's way too easy to just randomly cast suspicion on a group of people like that.

Legate's confusion about the skip-hunter issue actually makes me feel a lot better about him. It looks genuine.

By the way Boro, I just remembered I also had a dream Folwren and I went into a national park in America. There were lots of absolutely gorgeous tigers, and suddenly one of them killed a screaming woman after a (very) brief chase. It bit her head off.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: xed since BG
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #245
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Hehe, I'm sorry buddy, but I just couldn't resist (and now with the image of Legate spitting out his tea all over the keyboard in my head I can't regret it ) . Surely the lovely Wilwa will appreciate the joke at least.
Fortunately, I had no tea at that time, otherwise there'll be more for you to answer to me about! But fortunately, I have cooled down already. Well, a bit. Now in fact I am wondering if that made you lucky, because I would really find it unusual for a Wolf to make deliberately a thing like that a joke. Otherwise, I might have probably voted you. Okay, now in that case, however, there is the question whom should I vote... I need to take a look at people, there are still quite many of us. Shall be back later.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #246
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
I have to go now so I am going to vote.

Reason: Since yesterday I haven't felt really good with nessa since yesterday, more of a feeling that is hard to explain...
She seems to have to much confidence in herself.


++Nessa
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #247
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper
 
Valier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere between sanity and insanity
Posts: 1,737
Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
sorry again for not been overly talkative, I've been up all night with my grumpy little Maiar.
Ok so I should be available for some back and forth today. I'm gunna try and reread the 2 pages I missed while sleeping. I must say though I have this sinking feeling that Skip just may be a wolf and Also something is going on with my wolf radar concerning Legate.....Anywho, I'll be back shortly, with a list of my own.
__________________
grand return?........
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #248
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
About Kitanna – I’d like to not lynch her toDay and try our own luck instead. She won’t be modfired toDay, so we can think about it again toMorrow. In the meantime, I’d suggest we shouldn’t discuss Kitanna that much, but focus on finding wolves.

About Inzil – as I said, there was no reason for him to be that nervous to make those two kills out of fear. On top of that, there really was no reason for him to be that nervous to post a quick defense right after the deadline. If Inzil is a wolf, he’d be acting like an amateur. Of course, he could be a wolf intentionally acting amateurish to create the impression that Inzil can't be a wolf because if he was a wolf he wouldn’t be so amateurish, but let’s keep it simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Exactly, that made me raise my eyebrows too. Besides, Zil said that mere three minutes after Nog's post. So either he has excellent memory and quick brains, he's a super fast checker (and thinker) or he actually knew the kill before the DL. Very fishy, I think.
I didn’t suspect Legate, who first pointed it out, but this one looks fishy. Excellent memory and quick brains? No offense to Inzil, but remembering who you were after and who was after you one Day ago is really not that much of a feat.

About Nessa – not exactly a lot of participation… I’m not happy about that, but on the other hand, if I was a wolf who just killed someone who I thought was a seer who dreamt of me, and then it turned out the person was not the seer, I’d be quite nervous. I don’t see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Too quick to clear names based on the kills, but that is like him, so not suspicious.
You’re less likely to be wrong when you clear someone. Also, as you know, I’m pretty quick to unclear people, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
That Sallywagon sprang up awfully late in the day, to be purely-innocent driven.
Unlikely. For the wolves, there were plenty of easy options available. (Easier, in fact, since late bandwaggons always get extra scrutiny.) It’s unlikely all bandwaggons other than Sally were wolves-to-be-lynched.
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #249
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
I've seen this sentiment elsewhere and I don't like it. Inzil is shrewd and could of course alter his playing style to suit a particular game. If his ww behaviour was that predictable I wouldn't fear him at all. But I do. Nothing very worrying about Inzil at present though.
I don't fear him precisely because of that, though. But for some reason you people never listen to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Exactly, that made me raise my eyebrows too. Besides, Zil said that mere three minutes after Nog's post. So either he has excellent memory and quick brains, he's a super fast checker (and thinker) or he actually knew the kill before the DL. Very fishy, I think.
This is a good point, but there's another possibility. We all take notice when it concerns ourselves. Kath voted Zil, right? Well, he'd remember that, and take notice when she turned up dead. Same thing with Ozzie. We all have slightly selective memories. Just another option.

Since Kit doesn't seem to think she'll be back, and we don't know if that'll be game-wise or Day-wise, I would suggest lynching her now. It's way early, yes, and there's pretty bad odds, but I, at least, don't have any better ideas for who to vote.

I'll be around for a little bit, but I'll have to vote waaaay before DL, since I'll be away until an hour after DL.

EDIT: xed with Mac
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #250
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Unlikely. For the wolves, there were plenty of easy options available. (Easier, in fact, since late bandwaggons always get extra scrutiny.) It’s unlikely all bandwaggons other than Sally were wolves-to-be-lynched.
__________________
Pardon, but I don't believe that's what I said. What I was saying was 'the Sallywagon sprang up very late in the day - it wouldn't surprise me if there was a wolf in the running at the time'. I didn't say 'every person in the running before Sally is a wolf'.

I'll be back with a list.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #251
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm going on a dream leave of absense Agan. Sorry, apparently my talents are not appreciated and I should be on to more werewolf killing.

I don't like the look of Skip's "I'm the hunter, oh nope...kidding. It's a joke." I was in the game he's talking about, was the cobbler, and final day before wolves win. I thought for sure he was a wolf, because once wilwa revealed as the hunter, I couldn't imagine a scenario where an innocent would do that. I think it was more of a desperate act to try to prove his innocence, since he was almost lynched the day before, and if a wolf wasn't lynched it was game over. This one looks like a flippant act that just led to brief unnecessary confusion.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #252
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Feel good about -

Eomer - playstyle so far has been reminiscent of what I've seen an innocent-Eomer do.
Aganzir - While I'm looking at the Sallywagon, Agan's vote for her seems to be one of the least-wolfish of the lot, and she's brought up some well-reasoned points on others.
Cailin - Seems sharp and observant, no warning signs.
Rikae - Play is typical of ordo-Rikae, and I'd rather not lose her this early.
Mac - Hope I'm not giving him a pass because he sounds logical, but I really have no reason to distrust Mac at the moment.
Kitanna - Obvious.
Lommy - No warning signs as of yet, seems typical innocent Lommy.

Feel ??? about -

ElRonHubbard - What I've seen looks decent, but there's not a lot of it. Need more.
Valier - Lots of froth and bubble - seems opinionated, but has yet to take any real stances on anyone that I can see.
Skip - Need to see more. The only thing that comes to mind when I try to recall Skip is his recent Hunter-joke, and being unmemorable is always a bad sign.
Greenie - ???
Blind Guardian - I don't really like BG's playstyle of "oh crap I'm busy let me vote real fast", but then, I never have. It's not really indicative of alignment.
Manwe - His one post looked good, but I need more than one post to go off of.

Feel slightly bad about -

Boro - Appeared to distance himself from Pitch after Mac's post.
Pitch - Groupthink and vibe, I'm sorry to say. I need to look at Pitch more in-depth - until I do, while I do feel slightly bad about him, he's in no danger of my vote.
Nessa - While I don't think she looks fur-and-fangs evil, there are some points against her, like the possible reason for the Ozban kill.
Wilwa - Her earlier post regarding her vote jumped out at me as being 'desperately calm', and yes, I know that's an oxymoron, but it just read to me as someone who expected to be asked about her vote and went 'oh crap', so prepared in advance.

Feel moderately bad about -

Lottie - What I didn't like about her Day 1 hasn't changed - she apparently still doesn't have any real suspicions, which isn't like her at all.
Inzil - Something about the way he's acted toDay just screams 'double-bluffing wolf'.

Feel no-nonsense bad about -

Legate - His flipflopping hardcore on Inzil and his refusal to take a stance on anyone so far without qualifying it in some form or fasion makes me think he's a waffling wolf, especially since I also moderately suspect Inzil (distancing?). His reaction to Skip's joke is something I disagree with Agan on - I think it looked incredibly forced, and while that in itself wouldn't be a reason to suspect him, it certainly doesn't help matters.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 01-06-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Formatting.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #253
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,143
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As usual I'm getting really confused (and a headache from trying to concentrate)

some random thoughts:

I wouldn't have voted Sally if I didn't think she was suspicious AND that there was a chance that she would get lynched. That said, I was a little surprised to see all the late votes for her which might seem opportunistic (trying to save a fellow?) but for me to accuse the late-comers for it (Agan, Lottie, Lommy) would be throwing rocks in a glass-house. I also agree with Agan that the reasons stated to vote for Sally weren't as bad as they are made out to be in some quarters, especially given the Cobbler-thing, although I myself didn't think of that at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Re: Pitch's #183 - Why would a Nessa Wolfrunya be hinting at a Seer-Rikae in the first place? I don't understand it.
Good point. A cobbler-Nessa might, though... Speaking of Nessa, I had a brief look at her posts and the feeling I got was... well, that of sloppiness. She doesn't seem all that engaged. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt toDay I think but would like to hear a lot more from her toMorrow (if she's still alive, that is).

Lottie seems much more subdued that I remember her. Which is kinda worrying but I'm not comfortable voting her. Not

I'm be tempted to try Inzil. Not because I really suspect him, but rather because his identity could shed some light of yesterDay's voting.

Legate is, alright I guess. Seems genuine.

Boro seems a bit off though. He usually talk of himself all the time and has, well, has has now too hasn't he? Still, something unusual about him. Should be more direct perhaps?

But to be honest I feel pretty good about most of the loud people. My vote may well fall on one of the quiet submarine-types. Pretty sure you'd find at least one, probably two wolves among them.

Hm. Must eat something..

EDIT :x'ed with 2 Shasta and a Boro
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan

Last edited by skip spence; 01-06-2011 at 12:19 PM.
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #254
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Lottie seems much more subdued that I remember her. Which is kinda worrying but I'm not comfortable voting her.
Yeah, with the big huge games I usually take a couple of Days to find my feet. You'll get her back eventually, I hope. :/

Now then. Legate and Mac bother me, but not in a wolf sense. Legate because the tone of his posts seems way different than usual, but I don't think he'd do that as a wolf. Mac because, despite the logic and all, he's misrepresenting some people. Not enough so that people would notice much, but enough to draw flawed conclusions with if he wanted to. He'd in a good spot for a wolf to be in, but I don't suspect him personally - it's more of a "if he were a wolf we'd be in so much trouble" sort of thing.

So, since neither of those two are really worth voting, I suppose I'll probably go with Kit so that the option is there if we decide to lynch her and see where her Hunt leaves us and whatnot.

++Kit

I might get a chance to pop in again, might not.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #255
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
PeeWee.

First post - 7 - Some nice IC.
9 - replying to Legate. Seems to be a bit too much attention to it; this is a subtle thing, and he's still half IC,
but I began to got a talking-just-to-talk feel from him here which is always a red flag to me.
15 - More bantery, stating-the-obvious-y talking in order to show he's present, as far as I'm concerned. Discussing
the cobbler with Agan. This whole "cobbler and wolves know something" business strikes me as odd... the only way
that knowledge is likely to come out is in wolf-on-wolf or wolf-cobbler sacrifice, something pretty unlikely early
in the game. It's the kind of point that seems to make sense, and offers opportunities for suspicion pretty much
anywhere, but doesn't actually hold much water. Pitch's response to Agan seems to be a reasonable one, for the most
part:
Quote:
Well, the wolves obviously know more than we do, but the cobbler not so much, as of now - so xe will indeed probably want to make xyrself known to the pack in time.
On the other hand, I see our Mod has seen fit to grant the cobbler a means to send secret messages to the wolves, so I don't know how much 'open' hinting we're going
to see on the thread. Still worth keeping an eye open, to be sure...
Could be as easily an innocent finding the holes in Agan's point, or a wolf hoping the cobbler will act
sensibly.

Pitch then argues with Agan about the seer revealing. Again, makes sense, seems a bit too easy. If Agan is talking
nonsense, why not suspect her for it? It's all very calm and balanced. I admit, I have a prejudice against calm,
balanced posting. It is most in the wolves' interests not to create waves and the consequent backlash. The 'sucks
for us' bit especially disturbs me, as it seems most innocents probably wouldn't even think of adding the 'for us'
bit unless they were unusually self-conscious.
Some very general what-wolves-might-do talk with Boro. Again, safe.

18 - Cailin approves of Pitch's politeness. I'm not sure why she mentioned it in the first place. Something is odd about
this, somehow - as though she is mentioning him just to mention him? A very vague feeling, though, and there is nothing
inherently wrong with approving of politeness, of course. She votes for Agan.

22 - Pitch explains Cailin's vote. Also odd, since the only comment on it was Lottie, who thought it wasn't great but
didn't find it wolfish. Says Oz's post is easy. Funny, considering I would say that about Pitch's posts as well.

23 - I say Pitch makes me uneasy. Which he did. I was primarily interested in seeing his reaction to that statement
as well as others' reactions to my lack of explanation. If my intuition was correct, I thought I might play a decoy-seer,
and if not, wolves might latch on to it, or go after me, in hopes of a bandwagon.

27- Pitch wants an explanation from me as well as Sally. This is perfectly reasonable. Not so sure about the wording, which
once again feels very careful.

Quote:
Care to explain? (Sally too, who seems to be sharing your feelings.)
29 - Pitchwife retires with IC banter. Nothing wrong with it.

37 - I refuse to explain, waiting for further reactions.

41 - Agan points to Pitch's "passive-aggressive phrasing". I'm not sure if I agree. It was, a bit, but it is also
to be expected that people will ask about suspicions against them, especially when two come up suddenly without
explanation.

43- Shasta distrustful of Pitch "bandwagon" though he doesn't like his "havens forfend" remark.

44- Lottie can see where people are coming from with Pitch, but wouldn't have thought of it on her own and therefore
doesn't want to point fingers at him. This is doubly odd, considering that there is a lot of unease, but not actual
arguments, about Pitch, and that she seems to be covering all her bases here in a fishy sort of way.

45 - Boro: Pitch hasn't been particularly jumpy, not sure where it's coming from.

46 - Kit: Pitch isn't jumpy, but does speak a lot without saying anything.

48 - Inzil says part of Pitch's second post feels forced (I agree on this, it does) and agrees on "no Blind Guardianing" -
which is a fine point in itself, but in Pitch's post added to what I felt was its safety and obviousness. Inzil
talks about the wolves having to narrow down the potential cobblers through hints, and the cobbler having to hint to
avoid being killed. I missed this before, but it makes me feel better about Inzil, as it seems he's trying to prevent
the cobbler and wolves from using Mac & Agan's plan (if they will forgive me for calling it that).

55- Nessa saying it's reasonable for Pitch to want answers, and that I seem to know something "we don't". Agree on
Pitch, I'm still not sure what she's driving at with me. That I'm a wolf who knows Pitch isn't? I would know that about
every non-wolf in the village, and he could still be the cobbler. That I'm a cobbler? Then I wouldn't know anything.
That I am the cobbler and going to hint Pitch to the wolves at night? That would be a pretty bad plan, as they would
probably take him for the cobbler. That I'm impersonating a seer? Innocents have reason to do that. In short,
the comment is either not fully thought out, or an attempt at casting suspicion (or suspected giftedness?) on me without
putting herself on the line. I'm leaning toward the "not thought out" option, though. It's a risk I took by being vague,
and I expected it.

58 - I'm becoming more OK with Pitch. Considering the timing, I guess I can see now why Nessa thinks her suspicion of
me is responsible, but it's prompted by Inzil's "forced", which struck me as opportunistic, and Lottie's "seeing where people are coming from" which, as I said, doesn't make sense.
This is the sort of circling-buzzard behavior I was looking for, even more so than Nessa's suspicion toward me.
On second look, Agan, who gave a bit of a "rubbing hands together evilly" feel in 41, looks even worse.

63 - Kit votes Pitch for trying to look helpful.

65 - Mac agrees with Kit on Pitch.

66 - Oz says Pitch is being himself, Nessa and Sally are more unhelpful.

67 - Oz questions Nessa on her post number 55.

68 - Legate doesn't think Pitch is Mr.Agreeable, nor does he do anything that "smells of Wolf" (if I read this
correctly). I'm really not sure why he thinks this. Discusses wolf-on-wolf voting with Pitch, reasonable.

69 - Agan acting oddly here, as if she's trying to pass off responsibility for her Pitch comments to me (which would
have been the reason it would have tempted a wolf in the first place: I started it)

Quote:
I only started to pay attention to the post when Rikae quoted it. Alone, I think it looked somewhat jumpy in the sense that it seemed very carefully phrased

71 - Elrond's Daughter worried about Pitch's "list of words" to make it seem like he's contributing.

72 - Inzil thinks Kit's Pitch vote is an easy vote.

73 - Greenie finds Nessa's Pitch comments odd, my backing off innocent unless I thought my work was done.

77 - Wilwa defending Pitch, I think a bit over-the-top, like a wolf trying to wash her hands of a bandwagon.

80 - I clarify about Pitch. (I overlooked Agan's prominence in going after Pitch yesterDay - I
was focused on Inzil and Lottie).

82 - Pitch talking about my suspicion bearing fruit, me "backpedaling", and so forth. A bit too easy to see my
behavior as wolfish. Indeed. Of course, more people have defended him than suspected him at this point, if I'm
correct, but being suspected is no fun even for innocents, especially on Day one, so I'm not sure this post is
especially bad. He sees what I was doing, at least, which shows a certain detachment. This is good.

83 - Wilwa questions me suspecting her for agreeing with me. I suppose it might seem ungrateful of me(?) but
I do that all the time. Anyone can express pretty much any opinion; I tend to think how and when they express it tells
more about their motives than what it is or who they agree with.

87 - Eomer says Wilwa is "trying too hard" with the Pitch-wagon stuff.

89 - Wilwa explains the Pitch-wagon. I like this, it's sensible enough. I suppose I can see why an innocent might
get over-the-top trying to avoid what they see as a misguided Day one lynching. I've done it myself. Why, then,
did Wilwa's initial "Pitch wagon" post bother me? Looking back, I guess it must be the wording: "I refuse to jump on..."
as though she is being compelled to by someone. There is less of a "this wagon is wrong because..." and more of a
"look at me, I'm not a part of this!" feel to it.

95 - Boro talking about Pitch as Mr. Agreeable. Not sure where this comes from, since that doesn't seem to be the reason for most of
the suspicion.

96 - Pitch - Lommy and Greenie too quiet, Mac too focused on looking for the cobbler.

97 - Sally - Pitch too smooth.

98 - Inzil unsure about Pitch, will let that wagon pass him by.

101 - Pitch disagrees with Sally - wants to know what is bizarre about Kit and thinks Sally is twisting Skip's words.

In this and Pitch's previous post I get a sense of trying to deflect attention, without much actual wolf-hunting beyond that.

110 - Pitch suspects ED because her only post was basically agreeing with people and latching on to Pitch-suspicion.
(Which is a decent point. She is flying nicely under the radar).



111- Lommy likes Pitch's posts, but he's jumpy.

114 - Pitch - Philosopher talk with Lommy.

118 - Pitch - Here comes the alternative bandwagon (Lottie).

127 - Sally votes for Pitch "for shiftiness".

152 - ED votes for Pitch. Safe... says it feels like a shot in the dark. Careful...

Day Two

183 - Pitch suspecting Nessa because she may have thought Oz was the seer, and because of her comments about
me knowing something, but dismisses this because he is not (?) her packmate and she would otherwise be a cobbler.
Sidesteps the other problems with Nessa's comment, I think. It isn't necessary that he be her packmate. I don't
actually think that Nessa, if evil, thought I knew anything at all- just that the impression I did could be used
aganst me. If she thought I actually knew something, she would more likely have night-killed me.

188 - Pitch thinks Kath is a no-trace kill, unlikely to be killed by an Inzil wolf. I think that's unlikely too,
unless Inzil's first comment toDay is a planned double bluff ("no wolf would be so openly paranoid!" type thing).

189 - Backs up Cailin's point about wolves not starting bandwagons.

200 - ED still doesn't like Pitch's "vibes".

202 - Boro defends his defense of Pitch - Mr. Agreeable business. I can't conclude anything from this - can
see it as innocentish defense, but Boro's lack of substance does worry me.

210 - Skip suggests wolf in crowd in danger of lynching, including Pitch. Feels good, however, about Pitch.

Ok, so all this hasn't really clarified my feelings about Pitch - on a scale of innocent-1 to evil-10 he's still
about a 6.5 - but it has revealed an interesting web of pro-and-anti-Pitch sentiment that encompasses pretty much
the whole village. That could be useful.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #256
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,143
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
As a matter of fact I gotta dash. Social duties must be fulfilled.

++Elrond's Daughter

This may seem random, and it is to a large degree, but I'd rather try a shot in the dark at a submarine at this point than at a person who's contributed more.
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:35 PM   #257
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,143
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Not that happy about Lottie's vote by the way. Seems too safe a choice.

And Rikae. Wow!
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #258
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am starting to like the idea of lynching a "quiet one" toDay myself. The loud ones are so intertwined, the death of one will tell us something about others; the quiet ones not so much. The wolves seem inclined toward no-trace kills, perhaps for this reason. We would force them to kill a loudmouth and leave a trail... if we lynch an evil quiet one, so much the better, but if we lynch a good quiet one, at least the remaining innocents will be the more helpful ones, alive or wolf-killed.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #259
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I will say I don't like the idea of lynching Kitanna as per my idea earlier. I might not be opposed to lynching, say, Greenie, whom I can never read, if a submarine is what we want. Plus I know how dangerous Mufasa can be .
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #260
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I am uncomfortable with Loslote's vote and I do not like how Wilwarin is abstaining at all.

Heading home now, so I will be back with my vote in a little while.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #261
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I am starting to like the idea of lynching a "quiet one" toDay myself. The loud ones are so intertwined, the death of one will tell us something about others; the quiet ones not so much. The wolves seem inclined toward no-trace kills, perhaps for this reason. We would force them to kill a loudmouth and leave a trail... if we lynch an evil quiet one, so much the better, but if we lynch a good quiet one, at least the remaining innocents will be the more helpful ones, alive or wolf-killed.
I'm not in favor of voting a submarine just for the heck of it. There are already three innocents gone. Going after a quiet player whom one has nothing else on is all right for a Day 1 tactic, but I'd prefer voting for someone who actually looks suspicious, if most don't want to vote Kit.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #262
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,906
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Phew, sorry for coming back so late - had some shopping to do, and then our ducks led me on a merry chase through the garden for the better part of an hour before I could finally convince them to go to bed.
So there's been a lot of things happening in my absence. I believe Kit, if only because a wolf couldn't hope to achieve anything for her side by volunteering to be lynched if she's going to withdraw anyway whereas the Hunter could. It seems a waste to let her go without making use of her gift, but at this stage, I think the odds are too high that she hits an innocent, and besides, if we all vote for her there'll be zero conclusions to draw from the voting tomorrow.
Speaking of the Kit/hunterbusiness, I was beginning to suspect Shasta yesterDay for his latching on to Legate's suspicion of Lottie, but this makes me think much better of him:
Quote:
Regarding Kitanna - I'm going to voice an idea no one seems to have come up with yet - given that there are currently five baddies and two kills a night, it doesn't really seem fair to the village to handicap them due to inactivity. I personally think the fair thing to do would be to redistribute Kitanna's role. *shrug*
Can't see a baddie suggesting such a thing.

With that out of the way, I have some questions and answers for Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Pitch defended Sally's quietness before, but then attacks her after her big post. What I don't like is that he continues saying that he doesn't know what to think of her. It's fishy.
I attacked some things she said which I found attackworthy, but couldn't digest her huge post thoroughly enough at the time to come to a proper conclusion. So this is fishy?

Please explain how you can say my vote for Nessa was "baddie-baddie-bad-bad" (which is an awful lot of emphasis) when you know neither my role (which you very obviously don't) nor hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pee-Wee
now some people have nothing better to do than looking for the cobbler? I'm looking at you, Mac.
It was by no means the only thing I talked about. I'd also say it's better than the bantering or endless role/rule discussion we see so much on Day1, so come on.

1. I object to that nickname.
2. Right, I believe you said some other things too, although I can't at the moment recall any without going back and rereading (which I think says something), but you kept coming back to this time and again (with a lot of help from Agan herself, I admit). It's better than banter anytime of course, but for my taste you seemed to concentrate too much on the cobbler at a time when we still urgently need to get a wolf. (I forget, you think you've already caught one, don't you?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I don't like it how you keep on saying I only talk about Aganzir and cobblers and that that makes you suspicious of me. The fact I suspected you is not the real reason, by any chance?
I'm not saying that didn't colour my perception of you in any way - not the fact that you suspected me per se, but how you did it for a rather flimsy reason which I get suspected for in any other game. In your first ever post on Day One, you put Rikae in "the nice place on the mantelpiece for putting their suspicion and vote in the right place", which pretty much looks like it's a foregone conclusion for you that I'm guilty, and now Boro apparently must be too for the mere reason that he defended me yesterDay. I just don't get how you got there in the first place.

EDIT: x-ed from #247 down
EDITEDIT: actually from #249, sorry for the mistake
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 01-06-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #263
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'm sharing the computer with dear Lommie toDay, means that my participation is again somewhat limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac, to Agan
Interesting. When I accused you of doing exactly this, you didn't understand what I was talking about. Then you say this to Sally. I think if I had actually caught you doing this, you would not direct people's attention to somebody else doing it after "playing dumb" first. You're off the cobbler-hook for now.
Funnily enough, the very post you are talking about here struck me as another cobbler hint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Now, I'm going to divide people in groups based on what they said of me yesterday.
Only slight egoism, my dear?
Quote:
No real hinting because the baddies didn't yet have any information that we don't. And I suppose that's fair enough, although I would never ever had said so, regardless of my role (innocent me doesn't want to give the baddies ideas while an evil me doesn't want the attention).
For some reason I'm not buying that either, darling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I might not be opposed to lynching, say, Greenie, whom I can never read, if a submarine is what we want. Plus I know how dangerous Mufasa can be .
Shame on you, son. And Simba was more dangerous than Mufasa anyway.

List coming..
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:40 PM   #264
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I'm not in favor of voting a submarine just for the heck of it. There are already three innocents gone. Going after a quiet player whom one has nothing else on is all right for a Day 1 tactic, but I'd prefer voting for someone who actually looks suspicious, if most don't want to vote Kit.
There are submarines who look suspicious, though. Actually, being a submarine is in itself suspicious, but beyond that, there are ED and Lottie. Given a choice between a suspicious loud (in this case, Pitch) and quiet one, I'd go for the quiet one toDay for the reasons I mentioned.

Shasta, I wouldn't normally consider Greenie quiet... hm?

Definitely opposed to voting Kit.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #265
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A quick comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Quote:
No real hinting because the baddies didn't yet have any information that we don't. And I suppose that's fair enough, although I would never ever had said so, regardless of my role (innocent me doesn't want to give the baddies ideas while an evil me doesn't want the attention).
For some reason I'm not buying that either, darling.
You're taking the word attention out of context and I don't like that one bit. It's entirely different to seek attention than to say something so obviously evil and try to wriggle out of it afterwards. Actually what's the whole point of your comment? What's the point in saying you don't believe me? As I see it, you take something I said out of context and then accuse me of lying.

I know Greenie and I have an history of suspecting each other, but that comment moved her right now from my Either category to Guilty.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: xed with Rikae
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #266
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,906
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae - I was waiting for you to finally give some reasons for your feeling about me, so the analysis is much appreciated, and unlike with Mac's foregone conclusions (see above), I can totally live with that, when I see somebody's actually weighing the pros and cons.
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #267
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Eomer - I don't know if it's just because of the size of the village that he has slipped under my radar, or if he's doing it on purpose.
Elra - Under good old Rudolph as well.
Macalaure - Hmm. I don't agree with all he says, but he seems quite genuine.
Shasta - I'd say he looks innocent if I didn't remember how completely he's fooled me countless times before. Nah, I'll still say that. (And if you are, in fact, a wolf, I'm permitted to murder you with a chainsaw, eh? )
Loslote - The vibes I get from her are innocent, but I'm not sure I buy everything she's done.
Kitanna - I believe her Hunter claim, obviously, it would make no sense at all for anyone else. If it's possible for her I'd prefer to keep her around for longer.
Wilwa - I was uneasy with her yesterDay before the Sally-episode, I haven't thought it through whether it would have made sense for her to say that stuff if she was, in fact, a wolf, so I'm undecided.
Nessa - I'm not sure about the validity of the points against her - apart from the idea of the wolves possibly finding Ozzy seerish. I'd need to check this, not sure if I have the time.
Pitchwife - YesterDay it seemed to me like he was being suspected for being like he always is. He seems like a regular Pitch to me, meaning that I can't really say this or that about his role.
Inziladun - Leaning bad - he's always driving me nuts because I can't read him at all, but though Lommy's point is almost too easy it makes sense. Three minutes is an awfully short time to read who died and figure all that out.
Rikae - I really can't say.
Boro - I'm finding him more innocent than not.
Blind Guardian - No read.
Skip - I'm not sure a Skipwolf would be so relaxed and would find the energy to make Hunter jokes. Then again, there was something fishy too, I don't have the quote so I have no idea what that was!
Mänwe - Posted once this far and baffles me a lot. Can't say this or that.
Valier - Her references to the little Maia are so cute I'm having a hard time seeing her as evil! Other than that, I don't have much on her.
Legate - Strangely enough I don't have much of an opinion of him. Usually I read him easier than this, which unnerves me a little.
Lommie - Seems ok this far.
Aganzir - She's either the cobbler or someone trying really hard to appear as one. At least she has an ego.
Caílin - Agh, no read on her either.

Conclusions? I think this village is just way too big. I can't handle entities of this size! It seems I'm flip-flopping or have no read on most of the people. I would have to check people one by one but will definitely not have the time for that toDay.


EDIT: x-ed with Rikae, Agan and Pitch
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #268
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
You're taking the word attention out of context and I don't like that one bit. It's entirely different to seek attention than to say something so obviously evil and try to wriggle out of it afterwards. Actually what's the whole point of your comment? What's the point in saying you don't believe me? As I see it, you take something I said out of context and then accuse me of lying.

I know Greenie and I have an history of suspecting each other, but that comment moved her right now from my Either category to Guilty.
That was a joke, love, though apparently badly phrased.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #269
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

All the loudmouths appear innocent to me. Inzi, Pitch, Rikae, Agan, Legate, Mac - nothing's ringing any bells for me. In any case, I'm happy to leave them all around and wait for the trails when we finally do get a wolf.

Nessa is still bothering me: she just feels like a wolf. The Ozban kill seems to tie in with it, so I'd be most inclined to kill Nessa today.

Skip feels less like a wolf today. Lommy is probably wicked but I can't get anything on her just yet. Elronds daughter and Blind Guardian, hmm... not sure. Valier does look pretty creepy. Too many people meaning it's difficult to separate feelings for everyone.

But still

++NESSA
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #270
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Okay, I've been sick and sharing computer with the totally not caught up with stuff Greenie, so my participation has been and will be quite diminished toDay... my apologies. Trying to do my best with the amount of concentration and time I have right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Excellent memory and quick brains? No offense to Inzil, but remembering who you were after and who was after you one Day ago is really not that much of a feat.
I believe he remembered who agreed with him and who he voted. Not that it's such a big thing to remember, but honestly, I necessarily wouldn't and it takes some quick thinking to connect the facts together and to the dead people in three minutes (including typing).

Agan is annoying me slightly, so I'm starting to trust her. She tends to take that nitpicky Lobelia tone when she's innocent. This, however, doesn't make me agree with her. I don't really know what she achieved by analysing everybody's actions towards herself. (But I guess analysing that is better than analysing nothing. )
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #271
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper
 
Valier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere between sanity and insanity
Posts: 1,737
Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Akkk Looks like I'm not going to have much time today to read. Thought I would get out a little list out there. I gotta say with a village this big it is really hard to gauge anyone yet. I also seem to be a little flip floppy, so most of my suspicions so far are just gut feelings or wolffy radar pings.

Eomer- Seems okish, slight ping there but nothing I can put my finger on, so he gets a pass...don't like his suspicions of me, saying I'm creepy...(thanks) but who does like vague suspicions of them when you are indeed innocent. And his vote for Nessa seems a little off

Elrondsdaughter- Have no read at all yet

Mac- He seems sane to me and I agree with alot he says so I say Innocent for now

Shasta- also seems logical so not high on my suspect list.

Loslote- I agree on her suspicions of Legate but not those on Mac...hmmmm not sure.

Kit- Well I believe Kit and don't think we should lynch her today...because technically we would still be getting just one "kill" but it will be at the whim and choice of Kit (no offense) and not the village for who dies today.

Wilwa- not so sure either....dang this is beginning to be a list of I don't knows...but I agree with her about Aganzir I don't believe she is the cobbler.

Nessa- No clue but don't see how alot of people want her dead....doesn't seem quite right.

Pitch- Seems a little wolfish to me, something about the tone of his posts...

Inzil- I keep wanting to believe he is innocent but my gut keeps gnawing at me that he is badddd

Rikae- Was seeming a little odd yesterday to me, but after reading her posts today I tend to think she is innocent as well.

Boro- Actually seems a little less Boro to me some how....he is usually very verbose in his posts which always made me suspect him. this time he seems more tame... so definitely not good.

Greenie-No read yet and gotta say I love her a little bit for thinkin my little Maiar is cute.

BG- okkkkk nothing...no read. Don't like the vote for Nessa, so that puts him on my not so good side

Skip- WTH? ok that was the worst joke ever!!! Who does that and plans to stay alive? I think a very dumb move, but also a very clever one for someone who has done it before and was innocent. Were you hoping it would work again? That no one would think you a wolf now? I'm not fooled..I think you be wolffish

Manwe- and enigma...Also agree that he's quiet and talking about lynching a quiet one...weird

Legate- Something is not quite right with Legate. He's high on my suspect list.

Lommy- Seems ok to me so far, plus hate to see here gone so fast after my long ww absence, so a pass for now

Agan-seems ok. I don't think shes the cobbler...that just doesn't sit well with me so far.

Cailin- also seems ok for now


Ok so that wasn't the greatest list and I am sure I have cross posted with a bunch of you...but there it is. So my vote goes to Legate, Skip, Boro, Inzil or Pitch...not sure as of yet, but I'll be around.
__________________
grand return?........
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #272
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
A list to organise my brain...

Innocentish
Mac - looks like innocent Mac as opposed to guilty Mac. I like his points although I don't agree with all of them. Have to add, though, that at times he's made me a bit wary toDay (compared to looking very innocent yesterDay) so I'm not totally sure.
Kitanna - obviously.
Rikae - has not been so light cavalry-ish toDay, so I think I can read her better and I'm not very worried atm.
Boro - like I said yesterDay, looks more like innocent Boro to me. A pity he doesn't seem as sincere and in your face as he did yesterDay but I'm not still having doubts yet.
Greenie - I think I can recognise the busy ordo Greenie and here we have her.

In between
Eomer - under my radar, like I've said before. I feel like I can't read him.
Shasta - seems more elusive and joke-y than usual which is weird. Reminds me of early wolf-Shastas, but recently he's been much smoother as a wolf (remembering especially that one horrid game which he won). So, I'm unsure.
Lottie - I feel like I should have an opinion on her but I really don't. People seem very opinionated about her but she's mostly under my radar or in the contradictory books. Another whose posts I'd like to check when I have time.
Pitch - a lot the same as Lottie. Rather edgy but somehow honest all the same. Difficult.
BG - confusing.
Mänwë - even more confusing.
Valier - won't judge before I see more. No alarm bells yet, though.
Legate - don't even pretend I can read him anymore. Not too worrying, whatsoever.
Cailín - posts a lot but leaves a somehow impersonal impression. Kind of reserved but somehow warm, difficult to figure out.
Agan - leaning innocent with the abrasive behaviour but not sure. Hasn't picked on me yet.

Suspicious-ish
Ed - there's something vaguely fishy in her tone, she rubs me the wrong way. Mostly under the radar though. Would like to check her posts but doesn't look like I'd have the time toDay.
Nessa - totally submarine-ish, could possibly be a wolf based on Ozban's death and wasn't exactly convincing yesterDay either. Lynching her would feel rather knee-jerk, though.
Wilwa - is being incredibly defensive and talking weird stuff. Like I said yesterDay, might be just some RL stress but today she's been giving me plain bad vibes.
Zil - his first post toDay was incredibly fishy and nothing can change that. Rather annoying/confusing though that he looked so innocent to me yesterDay.
Skip - slightly fishy toDay, I don't like his joking tone. But then again, he looked fishy to me in my own game where I certainly knew he was an ordo! Unsure, slightly leaning guilty.


edit: xed with Val
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #273
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I just read over Loslote's posts and I do not like what I see. She seems very unsure of herself (fair enough - most of us are), but her apologetic behaviour and her unwillingness to take responsibility for her choices seem particularly shady. Also, her vote for Kitanna, leaving judgment in the hands of one who has admitted that she can hardly be involved, rather than trusting to her own.

I am also okay lynching Nessa and clear up some confusion there. I have not had time to look at ED's posts and feel lynching her would be a stab in the dark that would tell us nothing.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #274
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hum. I don't like Lottie's vote. At all.

++Lottie

And in any case there doesn't seem to be as much support for a Legate lynch as I'd hoped for, so.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 01-06-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: X'ed with Cailin
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #275
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,906
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Sidesteps the other problems with Nessa's comment, I think. It isn't necessary that he be her packmate. I don't
actually think that Nessa, if evil, thought I knew anything at all- just that the impression I did could be used
aganst me. If she thought I actually knew something, she would more likely have night-killed me.
Not so much sidestepped it as didn't think it through to that level, but I you're right, she'd rather have killed you quietly than pointed it out in the thread and risk getting you ranger-protected. My bad.

Now, I concur with whoever it was that said it (Shasta, I think) that the sallywagon could point to a wolf among the people leading in the tally before her; which would be me, Zil and Nessa (plus possibly Lottie, but she had only two votes). At the time the sallywagon got rolling for good, Zil and I had three votes each, Nessa four. Leaving myself aside (as I'm obviously biased here), I still don't think Zil looks particularly wolvish (and I think suspecting him because his first post was made too quickly is rather flimsy), whereas Nessa not only was leading the votes, thus in most urgent need to be saved, but there are also the Rikae affair and the Ozzy kill against her. Taking that together, I think I'll stick with my "baddie-baddie-bad-bad" vote from yesterDay.

++Nessa
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #276
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okie dokie here's a list I've been working on for ages.

GUILTY
skip. He just rings false to me (seer shouldn't leave false trails; if we lynch the quiet the wolves can escape the noose by being loud). Then again, I'm starting to think I have a tendency to always suspect him... He voted for sally, but hadn't noticed her cobbler suggestion. And I think his hunter joke was exactly that - a joke - and we can't draw any conclusions about his role from it. I'll be watching him.

ed. I've never played with her before and don't know what to expect, but I don't like her #71. She's throwing in lots of names and agreeing with people (okay mainly Legate), but her attitude seems to be that of "I don't suspect these people (whom others have already suspected) yet but if and when I want to go after one of them, here's to show I already thought about them on day 1!" Today she's mildly worried about us who voted for sally because of lack of adequate reasoning. Pray tell, what do you consider adequate reasoning?

wilwa. The tone of her posts is pretty innocent, but that doesn't tell anything about her role because she just is sweet that way. I'm not convinced she would've voted for sally if a wolf, but I still think her reaction to my posts was somewhat fishy. Not voting for her today though.

Rikae. Yesterday, she said I could be anything. Today, I'm leaning towards the cobbler. The wolves probably know by now it's not me, so it would be very convenient for them to encourage the village to lynch me as the cobbler. Not voting for her either because I haven't gone through her posts properly and because suspecting her has ended badly before, but I'm wary of her.

Green. I found her pretty okay (although too quiet) until she started twisting my words and basically accusing me of lying about why an evil me wouldn't do something that I didn't do. I don't care if she says it was a joke - if she phrases it so that someone might easily jump on it, it looks evil.

INNOCENT
Mac. I don't think a wolf would bring out points against a possible cobbler (me) so early on, even to say "I saw your hint but won't do anything to you, just be nice now ok." Plus he's being reasonable. In spite of this all, I'm deeply amused he tops my innocent list.
Lommy. Has good points and seems generally very innocent.
Caílin. She voted for me yesterday but didn't say anything about me looking like the cobbler. My reason says a wolf wouldn't take the risk. Apart from that, she's being delightfully Cailínish which doesn't unfortunately tell us anything about her role.
Shasta. Comes across as genuine and doesn't look like he was trying to twist anything I say to suit any darker purposes.
Eomer. I can hardly ever read him, but I'm not overly worried about him at the moment.
Lottie. I'm okay with her for now.

EITHER
Legate. I still feel uneasy about him, but I'm not sure he would've chosen Ozban as his first kill. And I think his reaction to skip's hunter joke was pretty innocent. My assumption is that no one would lie about their role if they're dropping out of the game. A double reveal would have meant that either Kit or skip had been lying... and although there's a chance he's a wolf who thought Kit was the cobbler or the other way round, I find it unlikely. That would be some extremely good acting on Legate's part - it took him 14 minutes to write a long-ish post which, I think, isn't enough for a non-native speaker to successfully feign surprise.
Pitch. Wishy-washy reaction to my cobbler play yesterday. He's kind of all over the place in the sense that he talks about everybody and has something to say on everything. He's been getting a lot of attention and I'm simply too lazy to go through him myself at the moment.
Nessa. To be honest, I can't see what makes her so suspicious.
Inzil. There are a couple of things I don't like about him: his "Nessa seems off, why do maths on day 1?" vote, his quickness to draw a connection between himself and the dead, and the half-accusatory tone of "You sally-voters, what were you thinking!?" Apart from that, I'm not very concerned about him though.
Boro. Speaking a lot without saying much brings to mind a Cobblemir I seem to remember. He's up to something, only I'm not sure what. The thing is, I agree with him about role discussion not being a waste of time, but he was doing it really elaborately. I'm wavering on what to think of his "damage control defense" of Pitch. The Boro I know has no problem whatsoever throwing his fellows under the bus, but in this game the wolves have such an advantage while the four of them are still alive that I wouldn't put it past him to defend a fellow.
BG. I don't particularly like her style (pops in, votes and leaves without saying much) but that indicates neither guilt nor innocence.
Mänwe. Never played with him before and don't know what to expect. I know he had a reason to be absent on day 1, but I still find it amusing how he targets on the quiet players and says he'll refrain from commenting on us others for now.
Valier. As enigmatic as ever.

**

My non-Downer friend (who doesn't know my role) is lying on the floor next to my chair and trying to distract me: "Macalaure is a wolf. I know he is. I must be the seer. I hope the wolves don't come and eat me tonight. Do you suspect Macalaure? Let's lynch Macalaure! Don't write that!"
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #277
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The votes

Nessa - Rikae
BG - Nessa
Lottie - Kit
skip - ed
Eomer - Nessa 2
Shasta - Lottie
Pitch - Nessa 3

Left: ed, Mac, Kit?, wilwa, Zil, Rikae, Boro, Green, Mänwe, Val, Legate, Lommy, Agan, Cailín

Didn't vote yesterday: Mac, Mänwe, Green (& BG)
I don't think any one of them is under the risk of being modfired, though.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:07 PM   #278
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
elronds_daughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Between the fortune cookie and the post-its.
Posts: 740
elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Some scattered thoughts:

I've tried to read through as thoroughly as I can, but I don't think my brain has come to terms with it all yet.

I agree with (I think it was Shasta's's) point that we should wait on lynching Kit until toMorrow, if we even want to at all. There are pros and cons to consider.

Boro is a little worrisome, but Eomer and Pitch are more so.

Shasta is quieter than I expected him to be, which is a bit unnerving, but that's probably just unreasonable expectations on my part.

Inzil's first post toDay, and everyone's reactions to it, have begun to make me doubt his innocence somewhat.

Rikae could go either way. Having not played with her before, I'm very unsure.

I'll be back in a bit to vote. Hopefully I'll have made more sense of things by then.
__________________
I'd like to be the king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat.
elronds_daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #279
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I believe he remembered who agreed with him and who he voted. Not that it's such a big thing to remember, but honestly, I necessarily wouldn't and it takes some quick thinking to connect the facts together and to the dead people in three minutes (including typing).
That is true, on the other hand, maybe that's the instinct of an inspector, to quickly put up facts together (surprised you did not mention that).

Now, a list - more for myself than for anybody else, to see all the names in front of me at the same moment and to somewhat summarise what exactly I think of everybody - and whom could I vote:

Eomer - I am a bit worried about him from some things he says, but I don't think I'd have reason to vote him now
L. Ron Hubbard - submarine indeed, though I would prefer voting for somebody I suspect at least a bit to a random shot, even if at a sumbarine
Macalaure - looks good-ish enough to me
Shastanis Althreduin - he actually seems reasonable, I quite like him this far
Loslote - I am actually thinking quite well of her by now
Kitanna - a Hunter. At least until somebody else starts claiming otherwise. *eyes Skip*
wilwarin538 - flip-floppy about her, but at least for certain not going to vote her at least this far
Nessa Telrunya - a thing or two raised eyebrows, I'm wondering about the possible implications of the Night kills, but hard to say
Pitchwife - not much of an idea, not really suspicious
Inziladun - wary of, but not really strongly suspecting him
Rikae - creeps me out, like I said, she is hard to read in general
Boromir88 - unsure about, watching
A Little Green - I have just very little idea about her, need to start pay more attention to her. There's just too many people and she has not been posting so much.
Blind Guardian - little to go with...
Skip Spence - suspicious, but the Hunter-joke, like I said, makes me think a Wolf would not pull that off. I am sort of debating with myself whether I should not overcome this feeling and vote him anyway, the question is - would a Skipwolf be so careless/bold to post something like that even as a Wolf?
Mänwe - nice to see him around, this far did not have much chance to participate, setting him aside for now, shall evaluate on him later once there's more
Valier - there is something fishy about her, I am not sure
Thinlómien - I am actually rather suspicious of her this time, interestingly. She posts in a way that seems unusual in comparison to her innocent self.
Aganzir - it's Agan. Mind of a Wolf, for sure. Whether she is an actual Wolf is another thing. Watching her.
Caílin - could be either

Actually, this list is not very helpful. In fact, it is not helpful at all. I have very, very hazy idea about most of people. I would hope it to change soon. Anyway, there are some people from whom I will probably not select, than I can think about the others...

EDIT: x-ed since Lommy
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #280
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
The votes, reasons in italics:

BG –> Nessa - doesn't feel good, too confident
Lottie –> Kit - Legate and Mac bothersome but not worth voting, votes Kit ”so that the option is there”
Skip –> Elra - submarine
Eomer –> Nessa (2) - feels like a wolf, the Ozban-kill ties up
Shasta –> Lottie - dislike of her vote
Pitch –> Nessa (3) - the purpose of sallywagon was to save Nessa


EDIT: x-ed with Agan, elra and Legate, seems like I missed Nessa's vote for Rikae! My bad.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.