The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #1041
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had a Downs-related dream but unfortunately I have forgotten most of it by now. However, I remember there was Legate saying that when he has enough rep points he will change his nick to Legion of Amon Lanc.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #1042
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I had a Downs-related dream but unfortunately I have forgotten most of it by now. However, I remember there was Legate saying that when he has enough rep points he will change his nick to Legion of Amon Lanc.
Does not sound that bad Only I would probably have to clone myself first...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #1043
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a dream that Hookbill, Legate and Elf-warrior were doing a Phantom and Alien puppet show at the Central Railway Station of Helsinki and Nogrod, Aganzir and I were the only ones in the audience who seemed to be enjoying it...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #1044
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eye

Lommy, have you been spying on me?

Seriously, the other day my brother and I were discussing dong a Phantom and Alien puppet show for the 100th episode.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #1045
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post

Seriously, the other day my brother and I were discussing dong a Phantom and Alien puppet show for the 100th episode.
Hehe, sound interesting!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #1046
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
You know, I've always been a good seer...

Seriously though:

Old 01-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #1047
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I dreamed a dream two nights ago having to do with the Downs. I was veiwing my User CP and I noticed I had three new reps - two positions and one negative. They were all three on the same post, one of my recent posts on the 'Pullman rips LotR and other' thread. My two positive reps were from Lalwende and from I think Child of the 7th Age. The negative one came from Hookbill the Goomba, oddly. I puzzled over the reps for a while, wondering why Lal gave me a positive rep, and why Hookbill gave me a negative one, before finally shrugging it away and leaving.

And that's all, I believe.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 AM   #1048
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Looks like I'm slowly becoming a regular dreamer...

Today I had a dream that involved LOTS of Downers, and it was not even that they were some unrecognizable mass, but there were many individuals. Of course, I remember only very little from it. The interesting thing was a total unity of place: all the story took place in a city, which was (technically, as I "knew" in the dream) Moscow, but all happened around a place which was in fact Rockefeller's center (I never was there, only saw it on TV, but it was it) and also in passages and shops around. Just a little part of it happened in "virtual space", i.e. suddenly on the Downs. Otherwise, there was no unity in the flow of events, or maybe there was, but I don't remember. Another thing you should know is that all the time, there was some sort of live Werewolf-like game going on, but it was not normal WW, but a Star Wars game. We were in a system controlled by the Rebellion, but some were agents of the Galactic Empire and we did not know who, and their goal was to sway the system to the Empire's cause. We could ask for help from other stellar systems, and I managed to get contact with the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk, which I was proud of, but some nasty Cobbler was faster and the dream ended by a huge flight of Imperial cruisers appearing in the skies. Now, I'm posting the episodes I remember in the probable order as they followed:

Rune went to some shop and bought lots of bottles of alcohol, I think vodka probably or things like that. At that moment, I was aware that Rune is underage and that he's probably going to have trouble with the teachers who organised this schooltrip we all were on if they learn that. (This idea of all being just a schooltrip was probably true only here, not in the other moments.) I must say, what is it I have with Rune and shopping?

The Downs were in some state of reconstruction. Consequently, the page looked strange (it was a pale shade of green) and most of the topics just disappeared, but many of the topicsin Haudh-en-Ndegin were open to post. Lalwendë posted to several of them before they closed it again.

Some mafioso wanted to hire me to work for the Empire. We met in a Chinese restaurant. I said "I will think about it" but they recognised I am just bluffing to get away, so they hired SpM instead, who was a nasty opportunist and accepted. SpM was a young blonde disgusting teenager, something like Anakin Skywalker in Episode II.

There were some bushes copying the borders of the square and there was a computer panel inside them. Aganzir kept logging in it to change her avvie, profile, options and who knows what else.

The Downs had a sub-forum with these primitive games in the style of Tetris, and Downers were creating their own games and posting them there or playing the ones that someone else posted. Gil-Galad who was in fact also Thenamir greeted me there when I logged in and completed a game "two-pixeled Uglúk chases black dots and shoots them" and he wanted me to stay there and contribute more.

It was Aganzir's nameday and I thought I should give her some present, but I could not make any and I spent long time going around the shops surrounding the central square, and I ended up giving her a flower. A yellow one, if I remember correctly.

Then there was some dancing on the central square. You have now to understand that I plain dislike dancing, at least in front of other people and the more on these global actions. Aganzir and two of her friends from their gang of four were dancing there something that looked like some celtic dance. Lots of people were standing around and just watching, for which I was grateful. I came to Lommy who was also standing there and I said: "Well, Lommy, I wanted to tell you that..." But she interrupted me: "That you wanted to dance! Yes, let's go!" I was quite depressed and I left.

That was about it. There were many other things that happened and other Downers who appeared there, for example I am sure that Nogrod, Esty, Hookbill (and Han Solo) were there, but I don't remember anything about their actions or events that involved them.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 AM   #1049
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
...Esty... (and Han Solo) were there, but I don't remember anything about their actions or events that involved them.
Just as well - if I was somewhere with Han Solo, I wouldn't want anyone to know what was (hopefully! ) happening...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 AM   #1050
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha, Legate, that was a funny one. But as far as I know, neither I nor any of my friends are into celtic dances... even though who knows if they were actually fun.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #1051
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
*laughing*

Actually, I think the friend has said several times that she'd like to learn this celtic dance I'm not too familiar with. So not very far from the truth. But I could never imagine the other one dancing, and definately not in public- and I don't think I would do that either although I admit I can be provoked.
Surely you don't happen to remember what they looked like?

And feel free to send me a flower on July 2.

*goes away, still laughing*
Old 01-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #1052
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Just as well - if I was somewhere with Han Solo, I wouldn't want anyone to know what was (hopefully!) happening...
Whatever was happening was indeed hidden from me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Haha, Legate, that was a funny one. But as far as I know, neither I nor any of my friends are into celtic dances... even though who knows if they were actually fun.
I believe the three of them were the only ones who performed celtic dances, the others were dancing something "normal" (as even you wanted, the way I understood it). I believe they did the celtic dances because they wanted to make fun and stick out of the crowd.

Quote:
Surely you don't happen to remember what they looked like?
Not sure. They did not look like anything out of the ordinary, I can say that much (I mean, they were not punks or anything like that). I believe they both had some long dresses in bright colors.

Quote:
Surely And feel free to send me a flower on July 2.
Noting down Only I'm afraid it would reach you seriously damaged. Unless I used the recipe provided by Pink Floyd in the live/movie version of Empty Spaces: "...send flowers by phone...".

But all in all, yes, it was a very funny dream, but only after I woke up - as long as I was "inside" it seemed normal, serious, even frustrating to me (that was the last part - and precisely the one seemed the funniest to me later). Well it goes like that with most dreams.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #1053
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Unless I used the recipe provided by Pink Floyd in the live/movie version of Empty Spaces: "...send flowers by phone...".

I had a dream Groin Redbeard posted in the Ones to marry -thread. And what did he post? A list:
1. Thinlómien
2. Shastanis Althreduin
3. Legate of Amon Lanc
4. someone I don't remember, possibly Naria

I wondered if he hadn't realised the thread was about which Lotr character, not a Downer, one would like to marry. But instead of clarifying it to him, I posted just "Keep your hands off my Lommy! " (And yes, even in the dream I thought my post was merely a joke.)
Old 01-17-2008, 02:24 AM   #1054
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Aganzir, I would recommend a Freudian interpretation of your dream, had I not been afraid that such a thing may spread and who knows what would come out of my dreams had they been analysed...

Anyway, today I had a dream just briefly involving the Downs, where Gwathagor complained that someone had a Location in his profile that really seemed to describe some place, while he said: "I always thought that most people simply ramble in the Locations, while the place where they actually live, or a metaphore for it, or any other poetic expression of the place they are living in is usually expressed only in their signature."
Old 01-17-2008, 03:21 AM   #1055
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I had a rather odd dream.

In it, Volo's current ww game was actually modded by Groin Redbeard (who looked like his avvie but was glowing the same shade of green that there is in Gwathagor's avatar), and he was really dumbing it all down (so sorry, Groin ). Instead of doing a normal game, he did an odd sort of a RL game that was held in the basement of my grandparents' house. (In fact, there is no such basement in the house as there was in the dream, but that's a detail.) Groin had a very odd idea about wwing: as a mod, he told us players to shout as much and as loud as we can. I remember THE Ka and Roa were screaming really loud and thanks to all the noise, the roof of the basement started to collapse. I fled, but I don't know what happened to the others. I just know that there was an incredulous expression in Groin's face when the roof fell.

Anyway, I found myself in my grandparents' living room. They were dining and they had a lot of guests. Most of them were my relatives or some friends of my grandparents'. However, one of them was Legate and he was sitting with Nogrod and my grandparents (not his parents though, they were my mother's parents). I went to sit with my sister and a guy that was supposed to be some cousin of mine and started telling them about what had happened in the basement. It was quite quiet in the room, so pretty much everyone was listening to what I said, before Legate interrupted me and started preaching about his communist ideals in a loud voice. I remember I was really annoyed with him.

Now, I must say, that was a crazy dream. And even though I can guess where some parts of it came from, some other parts (like that communist stuff) really leave me clueless of their origins...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 AM   #1056
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:

I had a dream Groin Redbeard posted in the Ones to marry -thread. And what did he post? A list:
1. Thinlómien
2. Shastanis Althreduin
3. Legate of Amon Lanc
4. someone I don't remember, possibly Naria

I wondered if he hadn't realised the thread was about which Lotr character, not a Downer, one would like to marry.
Wow, I don't even think I posted in that thread. Though I must say that even though I like Legate I wouldn't want to marry him.

Quote:
"Keep your hands off my Lommy! "
No, keep your hands off my Lommy!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #1057
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
THE Ka and Roa were screaming really loud and thanks to all the noise, the roof of the basement started to collapse.
Is my singing really that bad?

Oh well, I guess Roa can take some of the fall as well. Excuse the pun.

~ Surprised Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 PM   #1058
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I had a series of dreams the other night, I cannot remember anything except for something about a boy I like (we wont go into detail) and then at the very last moment a voice said "This has to do with the Downs!"

Then I woke up to the RotK soundtrack (my alarm clock has a CD option for the alarm!)
Old 01-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #1059
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGEW
Then I woke up to the RotK soundtrack (my alarm clock has a CD option for the alarm!)
That is neat! I used to have one with a radio alarm, but I'd end up listening to the news/music instead. So, I had to use one that just beeps.

Quote:
very last moment a voice said "This has to do with the Downs!"
Well, the Downs has started several relationships, for better or for worse, that is definately certain.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #1060
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
An Poc Ar Buile

This is really weird, and very funny.

Personally, Aganzir, I think Groin and Legate were made for each other.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #1061
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
That is neat! I used to have one with a radio alarm, but I'd end up listening to the news/music instead. So, I had to use one that just beeps.

Well, the Downs has started several relationships, for better or for worse, that is definately certain.

~ Ka
Well concerning that I am thirteen years old and I probably live in a State that there is no other Downer except Laurinque(thats only because I made her) and well I've never had a boy friend before (and the boy I happen to like right now that is not a fictional character named Samwise or Peregrin, has a girlfriend)... Well maybe, but I think that I would have to either move, or he would have to move...... But I don't really want to move!

But of course it might happen, for better or for worse!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #1062
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Personally, Aganzir, I think Groin and Legate were made for each other.
I don't know wheather I should take that as a complement or an insult.
What about the tree that Legate is marrried to?

Quote:
It was quite quiet in the room, so pretty much everyone was listening to what I said, before Legate interrupted me and started preaching about his communist ideals in a loud voice.
Hmmm... a communist and a tree lover! This is so much fun!
Old 01-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #1063
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard
What about the tree that Legate is marrried to?
Oh no, see? That's the lies these low-class newspapers spread *ahem Hullo, Mr. Hookbill, what a nice day, isn't it?*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard
Hmmm... a communist and a tree lover! This is so much fun!
What's so funny about it.

(and yes, there is supposed to be a point, not a question mark)

EDIT: WOW! This was my 2,000th post!!!

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-18-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #1064
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
"Keep your hands off my Lommy! "
No, keep your hands off my Lommy!
Ooh! Don't give them swords or else my heart will break! *feels like a romantic heroine*

Quote:
Oh no, see? That's the lies these low-class newspapers spread *ahem Hullo, Mr. Hookbill, what a nice day, isn't it?*
An advice: you should probably be just more careful when talking with the paparazzis. Even though we might be greatly grieved by it...
Old 01-19-2008, 05:59 AM   #1065
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Oh no, see? That's the lies these low-class newspapers spread
I'm sure Smrk will be greatly upset when I tell her how worthy you consider your marriage... And she will drop a cone on your head.

Quote:
Ooh! Don't give them swords or else my heart will break! *feels like a romantic heroine*
Bah, I know your heart wouldn't break if I killed that upstart.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #1066
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I hope I'm not interrupting or anything (;P), but a 'Downer appeared in my dream last night.

I was on a journey, and Lhunardawen (as Melatariel) appeared as a psychologist to advise me against going further.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #1067
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
I hope I'm not interrupting or anything (;P), but a 'Downer appeared in my dream last night.

I was on a journey, and Lhunardawen (as Melatariel) appeared as a psychologist to advise me against going further.
Where were you going... and did it have anything to do with monsters?
Old 01-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #1068
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I actually had my second Barrowdowns Dream in 6 (count 'em years) of membership here.

I was going to visit mark12_30 and her family at her home in Germany. She doens't really live in Germany, but on the Atlantic seaboard. Anyway, the dream had her at a Cul-de-sac (Bag End, that is ) on a hilltop in Germany, living in a 2-story chalêt type house, with a beautiful expansive backyard that actually closely resembled the picture of her actual backyard that she posted online sometime back. I remember seeing it on a 3-dimensional map but never getting there. Oh well.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #1069
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I had a very strange dream last night, probably the strangest I have ever had, or can remember. I dreamed I was looking for hobbits as they had become an endangered species and I had door mouse as my guide who could creep down holes where I could not as apparently hobbits had diminished in size to about 15 cm high. We found evidence of them being there but none were to be seen, so we looked in this larger hole that was all covered in spider webs. The door mouse had severe misgivings about this but I made us go in. So when we got it the place turned into this boardwalk in a swamp and the whole thing was covered in sticky webs, and then we knew (for some reason) that it was Shelob's lair and we were trying to get out, but we found the exit had turned into the Barrow Downs (like in FOTR) and Bill the pony was there too. Anyway, this really, really creepy wight would not let us pass saying"you shall not pass" and I would say he looked for some reason like The Might. No offense to the Might.

It was soo weird....there was more but it did not have anything to do with BD.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #1070
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ooh I actually had a 'Downs dream the other night. It was part of a longer dream that was completely random and nothing to do with this place but for some reason I was driving a lorry and suddenly I could see through this window. Laurinque was in there and she was having an argument with Lommy because Lommy had said that she was the oldest werewolf player in the game they were currently in, but Laurinque (who was about 50 and had black hair) was saying she was the oldest player.

Then Mith jumped through the window (I say jumped, she mostly just appeared out of nowhere but it looked like she'd jumped from the street into the room) and tried to explain that Lommy was actually the person who had been playing the games longest and that's what she meant by oldest and that Laurinque was the oldest age wise and that's what she meant. But they weren't having any of it and promptly lynched her.

Definitely inspired by Volo's game I think, though I don't know where I got that image of Laurinque from!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #1071
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
Well, I had a very strange dream last night, probably the strangest I have ever had, or can remember. I dreamed I was looking for hobbits as they had become an endangered species and I had door mouse as my guide who could creep down holes where I could not as apparently hobbits had diminished in size to about 15 cm high. We found evidence of them being there but none were to be seen, so we looked in this larger hole that was all covered in spider webs. The door mouse had severe misgivings about this but I made us go in. So when we got it the place turned into this boardwalk in a swamp and the whole thing was covered in sticky webs, and then we knew (for some reason) that it was Shelob's lair and we were trying to get out, but we found the exit had turned into the Barrow Downs (like in FOTR) and Bill the pony was there too. Anyway, this really, really creepy wight would not let us pass saying"you shall not pass" and I would say he looked for some reason like The Might. No offense to the Might.

It was soo weird....there was more but it did not have anything to do with BD.
You could tell me at school tomorrow, there is not subject we can't talk about there! And Lauri, the Might is not that creepy looking is he... of course he's no Beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Ooh I actually had a 'Downs dream the other night. It was part of a longer dream that was completely random and nothing to do with this place but for some reason I was driving a lorry and suddenly I could see through this window. Laurinque was in there and she was having an argument with Lommy because Lommy had said that she was the oldest werewolf player in the game they were currently in, but Laurinque (who was about 50 and had black hair) was saying she was the oldest player.

Then Mith jumped through the window (I say jumped, she mostly just appeared out of nowhere but it looked like she'd jumped from the street into the room) and tried to explain that Lommy was actually the person who had been playing the games longest and that's what she meant by oldest and that Laurinque was the oldest age wise and that's what she meant. But they weren't having any of it and promptly lynched her.

Definitely inspired by Volo's game I think, though I don't know where I got that image of Laurinque from!
I don't know where you got that image from either, cause she's not fifty and her hair is far from black! I should know, I go to school with her!

Well, I had this dream last night that I was going to this cabin place and there was a map and on the inset I there was this diagram and it said The Barrow-Downs, and there was squares marking where this big building was (probably the Great Barrow) and a bunch of other buildings too, and I was marking up and writing where I thought the Great Barrow and other Barrows as well I think maybe mine and Laurinque's... there was more to that dream, but it wasn't Barrow-Downs related... except for Laurinque was there...
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 AM   #1072
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Warrior, you have way weird dreams, I not want to know half the dreams you have. And, really I don't mean to be rude but please don't talk about where I go to school on the Downs. You never know, one day we might end up with Thinlómien on our doorstep. No offense Thinlomien...but Warrior should not tell people where I am, not that I think anyone here would chase me down but still.

Was I really in your dream Kath? Amazing, I hope I was not rude.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:23 AM   #1073
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Was I really in your dream Kath? Amazing, I hope I was not rude.
You were! Um, I don't think you were rude exactly, though you and Lommy were having a good yell.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #1074
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Kath, that was a very silly dream.

I had some weird ones as well during the weekend.

In one, A Little Green and Aganzir somehow hacked my BD account. They changed my username to Hanni (which is my RL name) and my avatar to a previous avatar of Isabellkya's (the photo of a woman with red frames). They also changed my birth date to November 15th 1996 and my location to "New York". They changed other things as well, but I don't remember what did they exactly do. I just remember I was angry at them. But I think I might have been a little amused as well...

I think it was in a part of that dream that The Might and Legate of Amon Lanc played the guitar in a bus. Nogrod was with them and he was very sad because he couldn't play his piano, because he obviously had been unable to take it to the bus with him.

I also had a dream in which there was some kind of work camp for BDers in Oulu (which is a city in Northern Finland). I think they were constructing some big building or something. There were lots of BDers working in there, but the only ones who I can recall being there for certain were Meneltarmacil, Rune Son of Bjarne and Volo. I tried to call Volo in order to ask more about the work camp but he had switched off his mobile phone.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #1075
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I think it was in a part of that dream that The Might and Legate of Amon Lanc played the guitar in a bus. Nogrod was with them and he was very sad because he couldn't play his piano, because he obviously had been unable to take it to the bus with him.
Hey, that does not sound too bad. Not an unimaginable situation (if TM plays the guitar) - which does not necessarily mean a pleasant situation for the people in the bus. Anyway, Nogrod really plays the piano?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #1076
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
They also changed my birth date to November 15th 1996 and my location to "New York". They changed other things as well, but I don't remember what did they exactly do. I just remember I was angry at them. But I think I might have been a little amused as well...
New York, eh? It's a sign - all downers are being drawn to New York. You can't resist the call forever!

~ come to the dark side, we've got cookies ~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #1077
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Anyway, Nogrod really plays the piano?
In RL I think I'd rather be one of those playing the guitar... I know the basic chords with piano and can play some easy tunes but guitar and bass are the one's I actually know a bit how to play them.

But I'm not sure if that was somekind of foresight-dream as I have thought lately that it would be great if I had enough money to buy a decent keyboard or a cheap clavier just to learn more of it. I thought about it yesterday the last time. So my daughter is a psychic as well?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #1078
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I had this dream months ago - just thought I'd post it now because, well, I think it's kind of cool:
There was an evil scientist who lived and worked in a huge building (which looked very much like the University of Bielefeld); and my two older daughters and I were charged with the mission of destroying some diabolical project he was working on. Although we never saw him, I pictured him as Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. So we broke into the ...University...at night, and found it was patrolled by giant talking Rottweilers (the size of elephants.)
The girls...who had turned into Lommy and Brinniel...escaped out the window, but I fell down the stairs into the basement. I then ran up another stairway and found myself in a series of what looked like high school gymnasiums, where people were playing soccer..er, football...in the dark. I ran through the midst of them, and after going through three such rooms, I came to the fourth which was much more crowded and appeared to have a rock concert going on, complete with mosh pit and crowd surfing.
I ran back out through the same door, but suddenly the lights were on and my Art History prof from last semester was standing there. She was very angry with me for some reason, and forbade me to class the next day (probably because my mission failed...)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #1079
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Then Mith jumped through the window .... and tried to explain that Lommy was actually the person who had been playing the games longest and that's what she meant by oldest and that Laurinque was the oldest age wise and that's what she meant. But they weren't having any of it and promptly lynched her.
That will teach me not to interfere.... why do I always seem to end up dead in people's dreams .... ?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #1080
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
That will teach me not to interfere.... why do I always seem to end up dead in people's dreams .... ?
Who knows! We love you really, it's just our subconscious wolves that want you dead.