The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-29-2003, 10:18 PM   #1
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe Extra! Extra! The Real Sam Gamgee Tells It All ...

Allright, please no body kill me for posting this. I mean this all in the name of fun, and am not holding a grudge against anyone! My friend and I wrote this this morning, and decided that some of you guys would like to read it. Hope you like it, and I hope I don't offend anyone:

EXTRA EXTRA: INTERVIEW WITH THE REAL SAM GAMGEE
How come you never see any black hobbits? I’ll tell you. Hi, my name is Sam Gamgee. Oh yeah, I know what you’re thinking. But in the movie, Sam was white! Well … Mr. Peter Jackson seemed to think it was fine to have two kids with a woman he’s not even married to, but is racist enough to keep the casting for LOTR strictly Caucasian. Well, except for the orcs, the ‘bad guys’. No, I, Sam Gamgee, trusted gardener of Frodo Baggins, am a Negro hobbit shipped over from the ‘Black’ Havens. My day is spent picking cotton for the rich and well-to-do hobbits of the Shire. Ever wonder why Master Frodo could wear the same thing every day without it getting ripped or soiled. Well that’s why I was there to make him a new suit every day. I swear that Strider/Aragorn character was sent by Gandalf as a test just to see If I would really let Frodo out of my site. When Frodo was taken by that elf wench ... All I could think was "oh ****, I'm a dead man." And the time when Frodo made to go off on his own, I could have run! Been a free man! But then those words of that Gandalf character rang in my head. “You listen here boy! If you let that Mister Frodo out of your site for second it’ll be your [EDIT]raw hide[/EDIT].” The first thing that ran through my head though was that Gandalf was dead. But there was something about that man that made me just as skeered of him even though he couldn’t really do nothin’ about it. So off I went, taggin along after Master Frodo. Oooh, and then we came across that Gollum character. Now, in the movie it made it seem like I didn’t really have to mind the creature and that he just walked on ahead of me ‘n Frodo, minding his own business, and I just hated him for no pure reason. Well, in the real story, I had to carry the little bugger. Yeah, on my back like a sack of potatoes. Ha-ha, I see you sayin’ ‘Po-ta-toes’. And them conies? Never touched a speck. All of ‘em were split between Mister Frodo and his new pet. I was stuck with lembas (which was really just some dang hard cracker). Here’s another precious story. Shelob, the great she-spider of mordor. The way she was situated, hangin’ from her web, castin’ a gigantic sha’der on the wall, Frodo bout had a fit rantin’ bout this mutant spider out to get ‘im and plumb fainted! So I just scooped ‘im up in muh arms and walked on out of the cave, batting the little spider out of the way from where she was hangin’. Waddn’t no bigger ‘en me lil’ finger. You shoulda seen it. Finally we get to the dang mountain and suddenly Frodo dudn’t wanna throw in the ring. Starts ravin’ and hollerin’ like some drunk dandy until finally I jess push ‘im off. Unfortunately he lands on a ledge below and begins to run back. Then that little prick Gollum jumps him and they fight. Suddenly, Master goes invisible and Gollum looks like he’s fightin’ with some ghost. Then the little guy sinks his six nasty (ain’t never been brushed) teeth into somethin’ and ya hear Mister Frodo yell. He becomes visible then and Gollum plumb jumps off the cliff into the lava below. I sit back then on muh heals and say, “Well glad that’s all done with.” I meet Master comin’ back up the mountain and he makes it like a big deal sayin’ how he had “succumb” to the power of the ring, He then pats me on the back like I’m his brother and says. “I’m glad your with me Sam. Let’s go home.” Stuffin’ his hands in his pockets like we’d jess been out on a mornin’ walk he begins to go down the mountain. Ah then! Wouldn’t ya belive it but who should fly up on his pet eagle but Gandalf hisself. I almost peed muh pants when he set down and picked me ‘n Master up. Then we went off to Gondor and everyone was chantin’ Master’s name like he was some saint. It was quite funny really. Yeah, then we went on back to the Shire and life went back to normal, until Master started getting all “oh, woe is me” and decided to go to the places were the old elf geesers go. Good ridense I say, but saw him off all the same. Then I come back and sit down next to muh wife and lit muh pipe. “Well I’m back,” says I, “And I sure as hell ain’t goin no where eva again!” But they took the last part outa the book. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen & Kementurien

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 04-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Faybevin Bombadil
Pile O'Bones

Faybevin Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Haha, that looks like something Kementurien would write ...

Come on peoples!! Read it!!!

Love,
Faybevin
Her golden locks flowed behind her, bare of beads or braids. Naked shoulders led to elegant sleeves of forest green whilst her skirt was made of the same. Golden sheer was tied bout her waist and her feet were bare and everdancing, her mouth open in sweetest song.
Faybevin Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 06:47 PM   #3
Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Haunting Spirit

Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aduyuldaiel-MirkwoodPrincess
Eye

wow...

it was basicly all up to peter jackson to create the image of the LOTR characters...because JRR didnt actually give any pictures of ALL the characters...did he? jus discribing i guess, anyway...that was, uh, interesting... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
Sting

It strongly reminds me of the part when Tom speaks to the court in the story "To kill a mockingbird."
It must have been much work to do that thread, but, well, I'm sorry to say that I don't think that it's really funny. Although it's ok seeing the story told from another point of view.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 09:21 AM   #5
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

It was... amusing.

Himaran
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ring

I don't find it funny at all, but maybe I'm just biased because I love Sam.

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Loved it!
Quote:
It strongly reminds me of the part when Tom speaks to the court in the story "To kill a mockingbird."
Me too! Isn't that funny?
Old 04-04-2003, 05:33 AM   #8
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well, since Tom plays a very sad part in the story and I'm reminded of it by this little text here, I can't find it funny because I have to think of Tom and his unfair trial when I read it.

Old 04-05-2003, 03:06 PM   #9
Faybevin Bombadil
Pile O'Bones

Pipe

*shudder* ...cold replies there...

I hope you all know that Maikafanawen and Kementurien aren't racist and that it was all in good humor. ... Sheesh! Tough crowd!
Her golden locks flowed behind her, bare of beads or braids. Naked shoulders led to elegant sleeves of forest green whilst her skirt was made of the same. Golden sheer was tied bout her waist and her feet were bare and everdancing, her mouth open in sweetest song.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #10
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
I hope you all know that Maikafanawen and Kementurien aren't racist and that it was all in good humor. ... Sheesh! Tough crowd!
What the...?
Have you read my posts? I'm sure that you will understand if you read it again. I said that I didn't find it funny and i explained why. So how do you come to the conclusion that I could think that the two creators are racist? I never wrote that!
So, next time, think before you write such nonsense. Thank you.

Old 04-05-2003, 05:16 PM   #11
merenwen
Animated Skeleton

merenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hmmm i never thought of the story that way...interesting...
Old 04-05-2003, 05:28 PM   #12
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

I agree with Balin, I guess. To Kill a Mockingbird made me cry. Oh well.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:26 PM   #13
Faybevin Bombadil
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Too bad this little blurb didn't go over well. I thought it was funny. Oh well.

Balin999: I didn't even direct my comment to you. I just wanted to mention it so that anyone who did suspect that would know. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You should probably chill out a bit.

Love,
Faybevin
Old 04-05-2003, 09:57 PM   #14
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dūm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

It was very interesting.. umm... It was defiantely shown from a very different point of view! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Lol
Old 04-05-2003, 10:04 PM   #15
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I didn't mean that To Kill a Mockingbird was funny. I cried in the court scene too. I meant that it was funny (synonym: queer) that we thought of the same part of the same book upon reading the post.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:46 AM   #16
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Faybevin: Sorry, I over-reacted. I didn't mean to insult you. Let's all be friends [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Galadriel: Yeah I thought that too, but well I'm pretty sure that everyone who has read T.K.A.M. will be reminded of it by the little story here.
And I think that the two guys did a good job here, but because of the above mentioned reasons, I can't find it funny. And I don't think they are racists.

Old 04-06-2003, 02:04 PM   #17
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

And I don't think that maikafanawen is a guy.

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2003, 03:27 PM   #18
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dūm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Yes Maika is a female!!! Good job Maika, or Fanawen, whatever you like!