The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Books
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-18-2002, 12:20 PM   #1
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Where did the Fellowship sail?

I know the entire(?) Fellowship in the end sailed to the West, but where did they go? Did they come to Tol Eressea, or Aman or....
Does it say anywhere? I don´t remember reading anything about it, but I might have missed it. It is of great interest for me, for some reason [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 12:39 PM   #2
Lomelinde
Haunting Spirit

Lomelinde has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Umm, you've got your facts mixed up just a little. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Aragorn and Arwen ruled a huge kingdom for many years in ME and then they died of old age. The Hobbits Merry and Pippin became valiant Halfling warriors and often were riding about and even aided Elrond's sons in later times after the War of the Ring. Sam eventually did sail to Tol Eressea but much later, as did Legolas and Gimli. However, they didn't do this until many years had passed. Most of the Fellowship did eventually find their ways to the Blessed Realm, but not all.

Reread the Appendices in the back of ROTK and they'll tell you all about the post-Ring lives the Fellowship members led.
Old 06-18-2002, 02:45 PM   #3
Aldagrim Proudfoot
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aldagrim Proudfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Also, if it says they went west, I think that automatically means Aman.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:23 PM   #4
Mornie Alantie
Wight

Location: Somewhere above earth cause people say i should come down to it
Mornie Alantie has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

All of the Fellowship members exept Gandalf id Imagin being a Maiar, went to Tol Eressea.
These were,
Frodo
Sam
Legolas
Gandalf
Gimli
Bilbo went too

The ones who died were
Aragorn
Merry
Pippin [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Boromir

Another place to look is The Rings of power and the Third age in the back of the Silmarilion. Lomelinde your right on.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:51 AM   #5
Eärendil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eärendil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ah, I forgot those that died in Middle-Earth... I knew that already, but forgot.
And I also knew that the ones that went didn´t go right after the War of the Ring.. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
But okay...I will continue believing they came to Aman then, as I got several answers. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanx anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Jag ska aldrig göra dig illa. Inte igen. Åtminstone inte mycket, åtminstone inte hårt. Kommer du ihåg? Då vi fortfarande kunde skratta, le på ett äkta vis. Jag tänker på det ibland. Det smärtar. För aldrig har du väl varit. Längre bort. Från mig.
Eärendil is offline   Reply With Quote