The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #81
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eye

*taps screen*

Erm, hello? Is anyone out there?

*whimpers*

Mummy, I'm scared of the dark. Don't leave me all alone.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #82
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm here... I know not much comfort
Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 PM   #83
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I would not reveal my target because if I did and it were an innocent of course the wolves would kill me anyway.. otherwise they would leave me alone and I know... or think I know a probable wolf. being a revealed huner just might add to your annoyance and most importantly I got three votes within a half hour there was no time to defend myself really...

That answer your questions?
Yes, but if you're killed toDay and you've chosen someone and they don't die we have a known innocent, which in a game this small can mean a lot if they're kept alive even for a Day or two. And if you think you've got a wolf you may as well say it because they'll go down with you. You're not helping your case, mate.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #84
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm here... I know not much comfort
Lol. Well better than no one I suppose.

*snuggles you*

You know I'm still gonna have to lynch you, right?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:53 PM   #85
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Glirdan would be my target. But if he's innocent two things could happen... one they take me out with the innocent therefore losing you two maybe three people(considerring tonight's outcome)

Or they leave me alone we think Glirdan is a wolfbecause of it and lose him tomorrow then they kill me off with hopefully an innocent and that's pretty much the end of the game

And If he's a wolf they leave me alive till the end knowing my track record of lousy votes.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #86
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Nogrod-->Alona
Wilwa-->Sally
Lottie-->Zil
Rikae-->Glirdan
Dun-->Lottie
Izzy-->Shasta
Lari-->Shasta (2)
Morsul-->Glirdan (2)
Glirdan-->Morsul
Alona-->Morsul (2)
Shasta-->Morsul (3)

Haven't voted yet: Sally
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #87
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Glirdan would be my target. But if he's innocent two things could happen... one they take me out with the innocent therefore losing you two maybe three people(considerring tonight's outcome)

Or they leave me alone we think Glirdan is a wolfbecause of it and lose him tomorrow then they kill me off with hopefully an innocent and that's pretty much the end of the game

And If he's a wolf they leave me alive till the end knowing my track record of lousy votes.
Gwath, I want an explanation before I vote. Can I have that?
Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 PM   #88
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And Morsul, change your pick. Change it now. I mean it. Change your pick.

*hates herself for this, but knows what must be done*
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #89
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I can't vote unless I know the circumstances of ties and of the hunter's parameters. Sorry, folks, but that's how it's gotta be. If Gwath lets me vote after he explains I certainly will.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #90
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Hurry up and vote, Sally.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #91
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

If nothing else I'm at least allowed an explanation, right?

Anyway, I picked up on some things while readin Glirdan's few posts that lead me to believe he may be....well, may be innocent at least, and with such strong feelings I felt it necessary to be....lol a bit bolshy. Things going not exactly to plan (aka the meta-ing and just general uneasiness and confusion) tend to make ma even more scatter-brained than usual and often make me sound sharp. Sorry if my tone offended anyone, as that was certainly not my intention.

Anyway, I'm going to cast my vote and hope that Morsul made the right decision according to his idiom (sir) and that this will turn out for the best.

++Shasta

Love you, muffin, but for once in my life I'm gonna follow my hunches and make a tie instead of break it. Best of luck to whichever of you survives, and I hope to see you all come toMorrow!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #92
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
DL

I flipped a coin and Morsul will die.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 AM   #93
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Hurry up and vote, Sally.
*salutes*

Sorry. I had wanted to explain before but obviously explaining without a vote looked silly so I just plopped my post back in. Bloody internet won't cooperate.

*signs out for the night*

ETA: x'd with the mod. Oh bloody....

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-14-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #94
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Hush!
Old 01-14-2010, 12:57 AM   #95
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

A Real Highwayman's Farewell

Halfway through the day, a chill east wind began to blow through the city, bringing with it promise of rain. And sure enough, as evening came, black clouds rolled in across the skyline, settling just beside the city. The wind picked up. Trash was whirled and tossed about in the gutters. Raindrops began to patter.

In the deserted street, a streamlined Chevy sat idling at a traffic light. The light turned green, but the car didn't move. Suddenly, the clouds opened up and rain began to pour down by the bucketful. Raised voices, coming from inside the car, could just barely be heard over the roar of the torrential rain. Angry shouts. Accusations. The light turned to red again.

Then the passenger side door was flung open and a girl stepped out, slamming it shut behind her. She ran to the sidewalk and under the shelter of an awning, her arms clutched about her for warmth. She looked back at the solitary Chevy, and hesitated. Then she turned, and walked back down the street, soaking wet, hair dripping.

Inside the Chevy, Jimmy the Saint sat alone. Hands on the steering wheel, eyes staring bleakly off down the road that led out of town, off into the distance.

Another car screeched to a stop alongside him. He looked over. It was Wild Billy, who threw him a jaunty salute and took a swig from something in a brown paper bag. Jimmy stared back, blank and desperate. Billy rolled down the window and leaned over to say something, but suddenly there was a roar, a horrific screeching of spinning tires, and Jimmy's Chevy tore off down the road. Billy slammed on the gas and took off after him. Out into the heart of the storm.

Five miles down the road, Billy caught up to the Chevy and pulled up alongside it. Both cars were really flying now. Billy motioned to Jimmy to pull over, but Jimmy only accelerated. 80. 85. 90. Billy's car pulled forward again, moving up next to the Chevy. He looked over at Jimmy, and looked back at the road - only to find that the road before them had flooded out.

Both cars slammed on their brakes and the Chevy spun out of control, did a 360 degree turn, and slammed directly into the other car. Billy's vehicle was instantly flipped onto its side while both cars continued to skid across the road, leaving a trail of twisted metal all across the road. Finally, the two cars came to rest, crumpling like tin cans against a telephone pole. There was a moment of silence, and then a deafening explosion. Jimmy the Saint and Wild Billy were gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_h4jxXPENU

Almost immediately, the rain died down and the wind fell to a gentle breeze. As the clouds began to break, some people in the city noticed a trail of black smoke drifting up into the swiftly fading sunlight.

Night 2 has begun. Baddies, Angel, and Dreamer, send me your respective PMs whenever you're ready.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul - The Highwayman (Hunter)
Wild Billy - Glirdan - Innocent

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-14-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: If you know what's good for you, you'll watch the video this time.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #96
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

As fireworks showered and sparkled in the warm night air above the fairgrounds, Sandy walked down the boardwalk, looking for someone she was used to seeing there about this time of night. She made her way by the arcade, the old hangout bars, the fortune-teller. All were closed, silent.

But behind her, in the shadows, someone followed.

She passed the greasers slouching about down at the beach. Further along, she passed Hazy Davy, Killer Joe, and their crew drinking and gambling, their carefree laughs floating up to heaven. None noticed the quiet girl or the one who followed her.

Finally, Sandy came to the circus. Like the rest of the city, it was shut down for the night. But she waited there nonetheless, sitting on a park bench and watching the fireworks. He would come, she knew. She was sure. He always did - or - or had he finally left? He'd always joked about getting out, leaving the city for the green hills to the west. She stood up in anxiety. Had he finally gone?

She noticed someone coming towards her through the long moon-shadows.

"Is that you?" she half-whispered, half-called.

Then she noticed the gun in the person's hand and she fled in terror. Back into the beating heart of the city.

Footsteps clattered behind her as she flew in silent terror down an alley and out into an empty intersection. She stopped, spun about, looking up and down each street. Which way? Was she still being followed?

The figure emerged from the shadows again and stood on the street corner, just outside the light of the street-lamps. The figure took a step forward. Sandy took a step back, her eyes on the gun, which the figure slowly raised.

At that moment, there was a loud growl of engines, one, then another, then many in chorus, and down off the hill came a gang of motorcycles making their nightly rounds. They tore through the intersection, shattering the silent tension which connected Sandy and her pursuer. And then they were all gone, flying down the road. All but one. Between Sandy and the figure in the shadows, a biker sat, his iron steed idling. He extended a hand to Sandy, who hesitated, then took it and climbed aboard. Then they were gone into the night, the sound of the motorcycle all but a memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ314hldal4

[Remember: the personal pronouns I've used are for ease of narration only. They do not denote whether the player is actually male or female.]

No one died. Day 2 has begun.

The Living
Johnny 99 - Nogrod
City Dude - Inziladun
Gypsy Biker - Shasta
Bad Scooter - Isabellkya
Mary - Rikae
Crazy Janey - Alonariel
Boardwalk Sandy - Sally
Rosalita - Loslote
Jersey Girl - Wilwarin
Wendy - Lariren

The Dead
Jimmy the Saint - Morsul - The Highwayman (Hunter)
Wild Billy - Glirdan - Innocent
Old 01-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #97
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Wicked!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #98
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

K, so thanks to the calamity of yesterDay I think we might be in a bit of a pickle. Dill, butter, sweet, etc. Imma gonna go make a list and come back with questions.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #99
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
A Ranger save? Outstanding. The first thing to figure out is why they were after you, Sally. I missed most of the stuff that happened around DL yesterDay, so I think it could be worthwhile to look at that more closely.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #100
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The only thing that jumps out about Sally in the last hour or two before DL is that she voted in the end for Shasta over Morsul. It could have meant Shasta's death, but for the coin toss.
I don't think that's proof of Shasta's guilt, but it doesn't make him look particularly good. He also voted for Morsul, though admittedly that was to save himself. I can't necessarily blame him for that alone.
Hm. An attempt to silence one who almost killed him, or a wolfish plot to put him under a cloud?
I guess I should look back at the rest of Sally's doings to see if there's anything there. That'll probably have to wait a few hours, though. My bed awaits.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #101
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so here's what I think.

Now is the time for everyone to come out with their lovers. I did the math during the Night and came up with the following.

10 of us left (which is updated obviously lol). Three wolves, two gifteds. So basically we have the seer and ranger with their partners, but they're acting alone more or less because they'd have to be dern careful with what they say because they don't know who their partner is. (Still don't know why Nog found that strange, by the way.) Anyway, the wolves can say anything they want (except that they're wolves of course) because their partners are probably ordos anyway.

If I was a wolf I'd kill off my lover, to be honest. I mean, really. A seer lover would likely want to dream their partner, so it's in the wolves interest to (at least in the absence of a better kill) get rid of any unwanted attention. So my theory is that if we know everyone's lovers maybe we'll be able to figure out at least some sort of pattern in yesterDay's activities.

I'd say my lover tried to kill me but, as you've probably already guessed, my sweetcakes was Glirdan, and he....well, yeah. Ya know.

So here's what I know so far.
Rikae/Izzy
Sally/Glirdan
Everyone else?

Let's start with Alona.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #102
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So here's what I know so far.
Rikae/Izzy
Sally/Glirdan
Everyone else?

Let's start with Alona.
Well it's Shasta, my Boston husband, of course.

Have to say I think the Ranger save last Night gives us a shot at winning this game! And besides, who would keep us all entertained around here if Sally were gone?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
Well it's Shasta, my Boston husband, of course.

Have to say I think the Ranger save last Night gives us a shot at winning this game! And besides, who would keep us all entertained around here if Sally were gone?
Well that makes things fairly easy then.

I wonder....

Hmmmm. I need to PM Gwath. Being innocent and single gets you no action. (Heh. I see what I did there.)

Anyway, not that I have to believe you, but what are you, Alona dear?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #104
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Well that makes things fairly easy then.

I wonder....

Hmmmm. I need to PM Gwath. Being innocent and single gets you no action. (Heh. I see what I did there.)

Anyway, not that I have to believe you, but what are you, Alona dear?
Plain ordo like last game, I'm afraid. I'm actually surprised the wolves didn't go after me Night 1 - which might exclude Rikae, Wilwa, Lari and Shasta since they were present at the Bostonmoot games
Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #105
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Plain ordo like last game, I'm afraid. I'm actually surprised the wolves didn't go after me Night 1 - which might exclude Rikae, Wilwa, Lari and Shasta since they were present at the Bostonmoot games
Haha. Well I'd say since I was the Night 1 target the wolves have to include Nerwen, but we've already established that. Now to find her partners.

Is anyone else even on? 'Cause if not I'm going to bed. (No offense, Alona dear, but I may as well be on when there's more activity.)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #106
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Is anyone else even on? 'Cause if not I'm going to bed. (No offense, Alona dear, but I may as well be on when there's more activity.)
Understood. I'm posting my list in a little bit and then heading off to bed myself.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:01 PM   #107
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*nods*

K good. I'll save some time to read it before I head out but I've been battling an epic migraine and have to write up something for a friend of mine so I should get off soon, at least for a while.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 PM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, for ease, could people put their lovers like this?

You/your lover

I'll be super busy and want to get a list compiled as quicky as possible. Really it's just a game of logic, but Glirdan and I had some pretty strong hunches and I think we can figure out a pack based on who's left in each pairing (as in who's paired with who and who's killed as the game goes on will lead us to their murderers).

Make sense? Goodie. I'm gonna pop out for a bit then.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #109
alonariel
Wight

Okay, no more Bostonmoot references, at least for now. A list, then:

Nog: His vote was probably just because of time zones, so not much to go on there.

Inzil: He reacted to Lottie's suspicions fairly level-headed, but I haven't played much with him at all, so I don't know his style or how he reacts in certain situations.

Shasta: Very shifty, but that could just be meta game. He seemed pretty quiet to me for Day 1 - and though I understand his reasons to vote to save his skin, this doesn't rule him out as a possible wolf, because you could make the case that anyone, regardless of their role, would do the same thing to save themselves.

Izzy: Somewhat suspicious of Glirdan, but ultimately voted Shasta. Not too sure about her just yet.

Rikae: Admittedly scares me (in a good way, I think), so I'm glad to have her on my side in this game. Her suspicions of Glirdan - the "tone" of one of his posts - seemed a little weak, though she was the first to vote for him. So no bandwagon reason there.

Sally: Her end-of-Day behavior confused me a lot, but for good or bad, I'm glad she's still here. She keeps the discussion going, which makes me think she's more innocent than evil. I don't think a wolf would want to draw that much attention to themselves with so few people in a game and so early on in a game.

Lottie: Her suspicions for Inzil came out of pretty much nowhere, which either makes me think wolf-on-wolf or something along those lines.

Wilwa: Honestly I'm not getting a bad vibe from her at all, just helpfulness. Innocent, or a talented wolf flying completely under the radar?

Lari: Hasn't posted enough for me to get a vibe, and I don't want to use meta game in these posts so I can't say much more.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #110
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Rikae: Admittedly scares me (in a good way, I think), so I'm glad to have her on my side in this game. Her suspicions of Glirdan - the "tone" of one of his posts - seemed a little weak, though she was the first to vote for him. So no bandwagon reason there.

The thing I find interesting about this is that she seems to know Rikae's on her side. There's only two ways she could know that. Either she's the seer or they're wolves together (since they both have admitted to having other lovers).

I'm just sayin'.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #111
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
The thing I find interesting about this is that she seems to know Rikae's on her side. There's only two ways she could know that. Either she's the seer or they're wolves together (since they both have admitted to having other lovers).

I'm just sayin'.
I just meant we're on the side of innocents. All I know is whenever I'm evil, Rikae knows it like the back of her hand. And if she is evil...eek, well then I'm totally screwed. But I'm not really getting that vibe, hence my goodwill statement that we're on the same side.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #112
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I just meant we're on the side of innocents. All I know is whenever I'm evil, Rikae knows it like the back of her hand. And if she is evil...eek, well then I'm totally screwed. But I'm not really getting that vibe, hence my goodwill statement that we're on the same side.
I see....well you'll have to understand that it still looked mighty strange.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #113
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
I see....well you'll have to understand that it still looked mighty strange.
True true. I guess my mind's still adjusting from Boston!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
True true. I guess my mind's still adjusting from Boston!
Aha! I caught you in the act! "No more Bostonmoot references", eh? Lynch! Lynch! Stuff a Danish down her throat and end her now!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #115
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Aha! I caught you in the act! "No more Bostonmoot references", eh? Lynch! Lynch! Stuff a Danish down her throat and end her now!

Actually, if you'd allow me to reference Boston one more time, stuffing a Danish down my throat would translate to stuffing Rune down my throat. But by all means, go right ahead...
Old 01-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #116
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Actually, if you'd allow me to reference Boston one more time, stuffing a Danish down my throat would translate to stuffing Rune down my throat. But by all means, go right ahead...

Peter Jackson called. He wants the Subtlety Mace back.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #117
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Peter Jackson called. He wants the Subtlety Mace back.
I'll give him the mace if he gives me Viggo stark naked on a silver platter. Do you have Pete on speed dial by any chance?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #118
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'll give him the mace if he gives me Viggo stark naked on a silver platter. Do you have Pete on speed dial by any chance?

If Viggo shows up stark naked anywhere around me he'll get mace too.

Heh. Mace in the face. I see what I did there.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #119
alonariel
Wight

Quote:

If Viggo shows up stark naked anywhere around me he'll get mace too.

Heh. Mace in the face. I see what I did there.
I'm turning in for the night, dear! Catch you later!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #120
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Hmmmm....I just noticed something rather interesting....Lottie and Zil both voted for each other....both have come up with their own reasonings, true.....But could this be a Wolf on Wolf vote to lure us away from believing so?
If it is, I wasn't informed.

I'm on, in case you hadn't noticed by the fact that I posted.