The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #81
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
To Sir Nog (though he's long gone): I was just voicing my thoughts that caution when communicating with your lover is key, as some might tend to trust their lover and tell them things (suspicions, etc., and that's just for an ordo!) without considering that they'd be a wolf. Forgive me, but if I know I'm apt to make a slip I consider it my duty not only to remind myself not to do it but to caution others against it as well.

And on that note, a vote count.

Nog-->Sally
Wilwa-->Lari
Rikae-->Wilwa
Morsul-->Wilwa

Which means that anything can happen. Here's a brief list based on how I'm feeling at the moment, and then, internet permitting, I'll read through the thread and offer a bit of commentary.

Leaning toward trusting: Nogrod, Dun, Shasta, Glirdan
Hesitant toward: Lottie, Rikae, Wilwa
Can't decide on: Everyone else (Lari, Morsul, Alona, Izzy)
Pure evil: Nerwen, Gwath

EDIT: x'd since Morsul and edited my vote count accordingly. Seems a bit hasty, to be honest. Perhaps he'll move to my second category.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #82
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Wilwa

It seems like she's trying too hard to be nice. She doesn't really add anything new to the disscussion, just continuing the Lover debates without really saying anything. She voted Lari without real reason - has she even been on yet? She seems to try to stay on everyone's good side.

And she feels like a wolf.

EDIT: xed with Morsul and Sally
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #83
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
++Wilwa

It seems like she's trying too hard to be nice. She doesn't really add anything new to the disscussion, just continuing the Lover debates without really saying anything. She voted Lari without real reason - has she even been on yet? She seems to try to stay on everyone's good side.

And she feels like a wolf.

EDIT: xed with Morsul and Sally
To her credit I believe she did support Nog's idea of lynching a submarine, which Lari would currently qualify as. I certainly don't agree with her decision however.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #84
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Um...about what, exactly, was I right about and you are confused about?
I'm confused about everythng... and after a Loooooong time of searching:

it's a quote from an old game... I'm too tired to search anymore

I remember it specifically however, "Morsul is generally confused and confusing"
Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #85
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Ok.... so Lottie seems to be leaving me alone...it's odd for her.

~~~

++Wilwa
The vote makes me a bit more worried. Day One bandwaggons are rarely a good thing. Still, I do want to lynch her more than anyone else...*sigh* I guess I boils down to I don't trust Morsul, which brings me to my second point: This is just Day One. ToMorrow I'll be after you like a ... um ... something that chases you!

EDIT: xed with Sally and Morsul again
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #86
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Knowing the rules before acting on them is each player's responsibility, and we can all PM Gwath if unsure
That's the thing, I wasn't "unsure", it seemed quite clear to me that the only difference between these Lover roles and the traditional ones were that we don't die together, because it wasn't stated otherwise I assumed everything else was the same. I didn't feel like I needed clarification until today when I started seeing that people where understanding things differently then I expected.

Aswell I know that my Lover PMed Gwath about whether we could tell each other our roles, and since he told me his I assume that meant Gwath said it was OK. And I'll say it again, no matter what advantage that information may give the village I won't reveal it, because at the time it was told to me both him and I were under the impression that our Lover role was the priority, and therefore the information was collected under "false pretenses".

gah, I'm just gonna give up and stop talking about this. Sorry if this makes me look terrible, but I don't like the idea of winning by using information that was unfairly gained. And my thinking only about this lead me to making a random vote, which I don't enjoy doing, but there's not much I can do about that now...

x'ed with a bunch...that's just lovely...
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #87
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
To her credit I believe she did support Nog's idea of lynching a submarine, which Lari would currently qualify as. I certainly don't agree with her decision however.
I suppose. Still, I'd be happier if she'd voted someone who'd at least posted, if just banter. Give it a bit more reasoning or something.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #88
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shasta is having a few RL issues and is sorry he hasn't done much today. Given a day to get over it, he's sure he'll be fine. Also he's sorry for typing in third person.

Major, major suspicion of Lottie, to the point that -

++Loslote

Her vote for Wilwa after agreeing with her all Day long feels like a wolf turning on a cornered packmate. Granted, this vote relies on Wilwa being a wolf too, but more options and all that.

X'd with I don't know.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #89
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
The vote makes me a bit more worried. Day One bandwaggons are rarely a good thing. Still, I do want to lynch her more than anyone else...*sigh* I guess I boils down to I don't trust Morsul, which brings me to my second point: This is just Day One. ToMorrow I'll be after you like a ... um ... something that chases you!

EDIT: xed with Sally and Morsul again
you don't like bandwagons???

I voted Before you... you added a third vote? two votes isn't quite a bandwagon Three is.

I think tomorrow I'll chase you too

Hmm.... I feel like this is familiar a wolf toying with its prey... are You a wolf?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #90
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm actually far more comfortable with

++Morsul

Than any of the ladies. His tone and attitude seem way off and for him to just come in and vote like that and just change the subject (about his being confused) looks bad to me.

I has a text message. Back in a second.

EDIT: x'd with Morsul, who just further proves my point. Btw, can anyone actually read my icon? Dunno if I'm blind or if it's hard to read.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #91
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

*is ignoring Shasta for the time being because I may just be biased here*

But if I weren't, that wording has mucho potential for suspicion. Just sayin'.

EDIT: xed with Morsul and Sally - I can't, Sally. It's a bit too small and blurry. Translation, please?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #92
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
you don't like bandwagons???

I voted Before you... you added a third vote? two votes isn't quite a bandwagon Three is.

I think tomorrow I'll chase you too

Hmm.... I feel like this is familiar a wolf toying with its prey... are You a wolf?
I xed, and I noted that I did. I didn't know you'd voted when I voted.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #93
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
++Morsul
EDIT: x'd with Morsul, who just further proves my point. Btw, can anyone actually read my icon? Dunno if I'm blind or if it's hard to read.
Ok I can live with that I understand the reason though I'll say now you're incorrect.

to the second point I got as far as "We're Sorry" I'm blind as well
Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #94
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
A note - even if two gifted ARE paired up, it doesn't follow that they're going to know each other's identities, so don't bank on that, people.
But wouldn't the gifteds profit from knowing each other's identities? A ranger and a hunter could coordinate or a hunter and a seer could definitely sniff out the wolves in no time. This comment doesn't make sense to me, Shasta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Trouble is I have a history of going after Nog for saying something that looks bizarre/illogical at the time, and then finding out he's just an ordo... perhaps I'll vote for the other defender of HSW*s, Wilwa... or maybe go for a quiet one after all, though not Lari, since missing Day 1 totally probably has a RL explanation; perhaps Morsul, whose earlier posts unnerved me already.
She's at work! All day! ...Oh dear, I think she's going to kill me.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #95
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
*is ignoring Shasta for the time being because I may just be biased here*

But if I weren't, that wording has mucho potential for suspicion. Just sayin'.

EDIT: xed with Morsul and Sally - I can't, Sally. It's a bit too small and blurry. Translation, please?
Dang, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks, precious. I just changed it on a whim; it says "We're sorry, but the icon you are trying to view is currently unavailable. It is busy squeeing its pants. Yes, we know, icons don't have pants. Anymore." It shows up fine on LJ.

Why would you be biased with Shasta? Did I miss something?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #96
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"We're sorry, the icon you are trying to view is unavailable. It is currently squeeing its pants off. Yes, we know, icons don't have pants. Anymore."

*shuts computer off for the night*

Edit: X'ed with Sally.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 01-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #97
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I also x'ed with Alona just now, so I'll comment real fast.

Yes, the gifteds would profit from knowing each other's identities. I was just saying that even if, say, the Seer and Ranger are lovers, it doesn't follow that they're going to know that they're lovers with each other.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #98
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Sorry. Never been a wolf. That should have been obvious...
I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt Lottie, but I'm torn between thinking you too savvy to make a mistake like that honestly, and thinking you too crafty as a potential wolf to have said something like that deliberately.

This Wilwa wagon has taken off very swiftly, though. I think I'll stick with someone already on my radar, who jumped onto it.

++ Morsul

x/d with everything from #91 onwards
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #99
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
"We're sorry, the icon you are trying to view is unavailable. It is currently squeeing its pants off. Yes, we know, icons don't have pants. Anymore."

*shuts computer off for the night*

Edit: X'ed with Sally.
*hugs you* Text me if you need to talk or anything precious. Hope to be seeing more of you toMorrow.

O hai dere, lover. I shall send you a PM now, for I love thee. ^_^

ETA: x'd with Shasta #2 and Dun.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-11-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #100
alonariel
Wight

Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Thoughts on toDay:

The whole debate between Rikae and Nog strikes me as Day 1 ordo-on-ordo, though time may tell a different story. I've always been rubbish at reading Rikae, and have never played with Nog before, so we'll see...

I only partially understand the votes for Wilwa. Yes, she does seem trying to be on everybody's good side, but were I in her shoes and had more time to post toDay, I probably would have ended up with the same musings on the lovers role. As it stands, I don't feel wolfishness from her all that much.

Morsul...I've never played with before, and therefore have no basis for comparison. Like Inzil said, he did jump on her bandwagon pretty quickly.

Lari has not posted yet because she is trapped in an eight-hour shift at work that should be ending soon - hopefully she'll get on and get in a post or two soon!

Quote:
Yes, the gifteds would profit from knowing each other's identities. I was just saying that even if, say, the Seer and Ranger are lovers, it doesn't follow that they're going to know that they're lovers with each other.
How would they not know? When I received my role, it clearly stated that I was a lover and who my lover was, just not their identity, only their name. Why would lovers not know they were lovers? *confused*

Okay, I see you've gone to bed - and I don't have my phone to pester you with texts, so I'll save that question for tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #101
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

So I was going to stay up until the end, until I just realised the end is not in 25 minutes like I thought, but actually 1 hour and 25 minutes, and I'm not staying up until midnight cause I have school early in the morning.

I'd appreciate it if I did not have to wake up to me being lynched, but if I am I just hope you all learn that when I'm guilty no one suspects me cause I'm discrete and sneaky, when I'm an ord I get lynched within the first few days because I try so hard and my logic is a little bit weird. Just keep that in mind for my next game, it'll save us all alot of time and energy.

kthnxbye
Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #102
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Wilwa Post Analysis

Recaps will be regular, my comments will be italicized. Also, this is more for my benefit (I like writing things down to keep my mind and thoughts in order) but you can all use it as well obviously

Post # 14

Her first post of the game with not much to say but comments on how interesting and confusing the game will be due to the fact that their are now not only two teams, but many different minor teams.

Not much to comment on and nothing out of the ordinary.

Post # 19

Takes an even deeper look into the whole Lovers scenario due to the fact that Nogrod went into her post with a little more depth. She brings up a few interesting notions, one of which being that each individual Lovers pair will be more interested in surviving till the end of the game rather then want their "side" to win. Moves on to say that once one Lover starts dying, the role of the surviving Lover will change and they will be more concentrated on making it to the end.

Even the first time I read this I had to re-read it. A few things jumped out at me. One, the fact that she believes each pair is really in this for themselves, which is not entirely true if you stop to think about it. We only have ONE traditional Lover pair that really wants to make it to the end. Two, how everyone's "role" once their partner has died will be transferred to helping their respective "side". I don't know about the rest of you, but finding the Wolves is on the top of my priority list, that way both I AND my Lover could live happily ever after. It's called balancing between having a lover and having to find the Wolves, find your middle ground. Three, the fact that she's delving further into something that need not be discussed. Really, if there are any questions and concerns about how this is going to play out, they should be brought to the Mod.

Post # 20

Basic apology post (I guess after having read the Admin thread) and has come to an understanding of what the Lover roles are.

Eases my suspicions slightly but not taken off the radar just yet.

Post # 33

Rebuttles Rikae's question of whether or not Lovers who suspect their partner is a Wolf should come out and say anything. Believes that it gives us an unfair advantage in the game (wait, we're palying a game!? ).

I'm going to stop analyzing right here because for me this post is the ticket to Wilwa getting my vote. The fact that she said that we SHOULDN'T reveal any suspicions about our partner is rather worrisome in itself. If someone knows ANYTHING about there partner being a Wolf, they should step up immediately! The whole point of this is for us to catch the Wolves, right? Why do something that could hinder that UNLESS you're the Lover of the Wolf!

--------------------------------------------------

So that's that.

++Wilwa

For the points I made above.

I'll be around for awhile longer too if anybody has any other questions

X'ed with Sally, Alona and WolfyWilwa
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #103
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Alona, he meant that two gifteds could be lovers with each other but because they don't know each other's roles neither are actually aware of the fact that their lover is a gifted as well.

k, really going now.

x'ed with Glirdy, who I have only now remembered always used to find me suspicious, why did I want him to come back so bad?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #104
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
wilwa and Lari voted each other nog voted sally I have to read more...

Lottie you're right! right now I am confused
Uh, this is my first post. I have no idea what you're reading but I haven't voted.

I honestly have no idea, but I need to eat and am probably not going to get back in time. So I'll do a horribly quick read through and see who to possibly vote for.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #105
alonariel
Wight

Ah, alright. I guess I was assuming that the lovers would reveal their identities to each other.

But it doesn't really matter now, though - we're starting over...
Old 01-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #106
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Nota Bene

All right, guys. We're restarting. I'm sorry for all the confusion. I'm sure a great deal of it is my lack of clarity, since I've never modded before.

I will create a new game thread, and we will start over there.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #107
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

K, sorry but I just have to comment on this before finally going to bed....

Quote:
One, the fact that she believes each pair is really in this for themselves, which is not entirely true if you stop to think about it. We only have ONE traditional Lover pair that really wants to make it to the end
That was my belief at the time, before Gwath clarified, and no there actually is no traditional Lover pair.

Quote:
I'm going to stop analyzing right here because for me this post is the ticket to Wilwa getting my vote. The fact that she said that we SHOULDN'T reveal any suspicions about our partner is rather worrisome in itself. If someone knows ANYTHING about there partner being a Wolf, they should step up immediately! The whole point of this is for us to catch the Wolves, right? Why do something that could hinder that UNLESS you're the Lover of the Wolf!
This isn't fair, you should have taken ALL my posts into consideration. And if I'm the lover of a wolf why lynch me? I'm not actually a wolf, so lynching me does nothing. You really should have read all my posts.

x'ed with Gwath, ok then, will shut up now, and go to sleep and try to wipe the mental slate clean for the new game....
Old 01-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #108
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well....that was a waste.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #109
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Don't have the energy to go through them all really my love (it's been a long weekend...). But seeing as the game is ending ANYWAYS....Remember that I still love you and that you really do need to work on your writing
Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #110
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Wait, why are we restarting?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #111
alonariel
Wight

Quote:
Wait, why are we restarting?
You got me, but we are. There was some confusion about the lover roles.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #112
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonariel View Post
You got me, but we are. There was some confusion about the lover roles.
Didn't most people vote for continuing? I'm confused now.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #113
alonariel
Wight

Sting

Quote:
Eh I guess, but Gwath's restarting, clean slate. From what I was picking up on towards the end of Day 1, it's probably for the better for the village...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Meh. Whatever works, I suppose. *shrugs*
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #115
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Yeah. Executive decision. Sorry.