The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #1361
Arwen Evenstar

Arwen Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen Evenstar Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Evenstar
Tolkien

When your frien first introduced you to LotR, you imediatly become so obsessed, that she gets sick of it and dosen`t talk about very often anymore. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
When your reading this and listening to the TTT sound track. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Arwen Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #1362
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Mae govannen all you crazy LOTR-obsessed people! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I’ve read this entire thread, as well as number one and two. I’ve been meaning to post some of my own obsessiveness for quite some time now, but (I don’t know why…) I never did. But still, here’s some (not all by far!) of it:
There in the order they pop into my head, and some, most, are fairly old

You know you’re obsessed with LOTR when:
• You pop anything LOTR-related in any conversation, no matter what it’s about. (This seems to be a trademark for us Tolkienites, ey? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) My friends no longer give me weird looks though…
• After you read the ‘What’s the worst that could happen?’-thread, your so worried and depressed (about the changes in FOTR and TT, and what PJ might changes in ROTK), that when you call your best friend (who had never read anything from Tolkien, while she says she likes good books!) you start ranting about all the changes, mainly Arwen / Glorfindel, Faramir, the Ents, the elves at Helms deep, and so on. She had seen FOTR, but not the TT, so besides ranting, I got to explain the story to her. You go on and on about it, even though I had to ask her what the time to meet each other the next day.
• With your rambling about LOTR, you’ve made said friend so curious, that the next day when you’re going to town together, she helps you hunt for LOTR-books. (I did some other obsessive thing on that trip, but that something different all together). And the moment she got her salary, she brought her own copy of The lord of the Rings! I love her, she’s a great friend. For know I have someone to discuss hobbits, elves and so on with.
• You try to pursue said friend to join the Barrow Downs. To bad she’s an internet-hater, so it’s going to take some time. But I will win! I will not let the White City fall! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
• When somebody you don't know (or know) comes to pick up your little brother, and he is walks barefoot, you immediately think: “A Hobbit!!!"
• When you are supposed to write down: 'That was also the time that Hitler came to power', and you almost mistake Sauron for Hitler.
• When you agree with everything that has been said on this thread, as well as all the others!

I’d say that’s enough for now, don’t you all think?
*silence*
Hello-oh?
*comes out of her little corner, still nibbling on her lembas, and sees everyone a sleep, because of her constant, stupid I might add, rambling*
~Deep Sigh~
Everybody, weak up! *pokes everybody awake with her pokey pokeystick of doom*

Yeah, I’ll stop now… *sheepless look*

Just one more question, please: Could anybody give me a link to that thread about a LOTR-community? I can’t find it, but I would really like to read. And enter. Oh, my vote so far goes to Rivendell (if you can’t choose Edoras of Minas Tirith, that is).

Thanks a whole lot!

Navaer!

Aethelwine.
Old 10-24-2003, 05:31 PM   #1363
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Elwen_starmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elwen_starmaiden
Silmaril

Woohoo, page 16, um I think part 4 will be needed soon.

Quote:
Last night we had potatoes with dinner, and evey time my mom said "potato" I responded with "Po-ta-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!" ...She said it a lot, but eventually stopped when she found out what I was doing. I tricked her into saying it a couple times...
"Hey mom, can you pass me those?"
"The potaoes?"
"Po-ta-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!"
Omg, after reading that post (and ROFL) the next day one of my classes was having sign ups for different dishes we could bring for a party we were having. Then my friend (who's not obsessed...yet) said " Maybe I should bring mashed potatoes." and I instantly said "Po-ta-toes! Boil'em, mash'em, stick'em in a stew!" Yeah, quite a few stares on that one.

My contributions:
~when you're watching your favorite show Smallville and at one point Lex Luthor is talking about this samurai sword that he owns that apparently was forged in the fires of Mt. Fuji, and you thought Mt. Doom, and almost yelled " That's an evil sword!"

~later on you think about it and almost imagine Gandalf coming in and throwing it into the fireplace to see if it was authentic. The thought made you laugh so hard you got even more stares during quiet time in Algebra. I need to stop doing that.

~You're planning on making a collage in memory of all who passed away in the books, even the villains. I might just save time by adding a picture of Helms Deep, just cut out all the elves since they weren't supposed to be there.

By the way I vote Lothlorien!
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Elwen_starmaiden ]

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Elwen_starmaiden ]
Old 10-24-2003, 05:45 PM   #1364
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Sting

When your sister asks you 'If you could eat anything in the world for lunch what would it be,' and you say the first thing that pops into your head: 'Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.'

When, after doing something stupid, you think, 'An elf would never do that! And I call myself an elf...'

When watching another movie, you keep finding ways it might have something in common with LotR. Of course, the fact that it was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, so it had JRD in it didn't help any!

When you are able to find LotR references in anything.

When talking about books with a friend, even though you've already talked all about LotR, you still can't keep yourself from turning the conversation back to LotR anyways.
Old 10-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #1365
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Po-ta-toes!
I do that too!
~Every time you see this one license plate, you start to giggle because it says PJSCOOP [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
~When you start crying because the trilogy is all sold out where you are [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I wonder when we'll be on Part 4 (16 pages is pretty long!)
Old 10-24-2003, 09:23 PM   #1366
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
~when you're watching your favorite show Smallville...
Well, I've got a few comments on that: Do you think Clark Kent's an Ainur from outside Arda? Just a silly random thought.

Quote:
When, after doing something stupid, you think, 'An elf would never do that! And I call myself an elf...'
Yeah...it's tough being an elf. Why, for crying out loud, I only got 210 out 300 pts. on our Archery class! I bitterly reproached myself for that *You stupid Elf! And you expect to kill Orcs with that score?*

Well, to add some more...

~when you think Josh Groban looks like Pippin...
~when, while passing by an appliance shop, you see some mountains that look exactly like the opening scene for TTT. You stop, then realised it wasn't. "Oh, well," you sigh, and move on...
~when you are in a rush, you shout "Noro ve sulë!" You got two weird stares from a couple passing by. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarië the Vanyar

[ October 24, 2003: Message edited by: Nilpaurion Felagund ]
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #1367
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've got a few comments on that: Do you think Clark Kent's an Ainur from outside Arda? Just a silly random thought.
Hmm, never thought of that. But what would explain the kryptonite weakness?

Quote:
~When you start crying because the trilogy is all sold out where you are
I feel your pain, I even checked right when they went on sale. It's not fair! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 12:44 AM   #1368
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Yeah...it's tough being an elf. Why, for crying out loud, I only got 210 out 300 pts. on our Archery class! I bitterly reproached myself for that *You stupid Elf! And you expect to kill Orcs with that score?*
Yep! I know how ya feel. I'm trying to learn to shoot (I have a recurve bow), and I get really frustrated when I miss, because an elf wouldn't miss!! I'll never be able to kill orcs in battle...
Old 10-25-2003, 12:59 AM   #1369
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
~when, while passing by an appliance shop, you see some mountains that look exactly like the opening scene for TTT. You stop, then realised it wasn't. "Oh, well," you sigh, and move on...
Would that by any chance be a Pepsi commercial with Sammy Sosa and Jason Giambi? I was on the phone with a friend when I saw that commercial start, and I burst out, 'That looks like Caradhras!!' Then told her I saw mountains on tv that looked *just* like the ones in FotR and the beginning of TTT. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:35 AM   #1370
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when in law, you match every case to Lotr in some way. Actually, I spent the session going into Denethor overload because of this case:
A man killed his violent, tyrranical father, who was abusing the younger son. The elder son had been away for eight years, and returned home to protect his younger brother.

Likens to Denethor, Faramir, and Boromir, only Boromir never clubbed his dad over the head with a sledgehammer...

I must think to do that Meela... Though i do admit thinking how i could defend an Uruk-hai at a Gondorian trial. (Though i doubt they wouldnt kill him before capture)

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #1371
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Quote:
Where do you get the tunes?
I have to admit, I got it from the animated version. The tune for that song isn't too bad, but the rest of the songs in the animated one, well, better not to go there. All the other songs I hum, I make up a tune for them. (Although I did use the tune from the Pippin/Merry EE bit for the bath song)
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #1372
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
There's a copy of Lord of the Rushie River on the shelf, and all that is shown is Lord of the R. How agonising is that?! I keep thinking we have a cool illustrated version of Lotr on the shelf...
How dreadful! Is there a sticker on it or something that covers the rest of the title?

Quote:
She didn`t take it because I gave her a look that would make Elrond scream.
That's got to be a seriously evil look! I must learn that look! How do you do it?
Old 10-25-2003, 02:47 PM   #1373
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

LOTR is winning the big read! and i screamed, making my mother laugh. YAY! off to vote again...
Old 10-25-2003, 02:48 PM   #1374
Failivrin
Wight

Sting

LOTR is winning the big read! and i screamed, making my mother laugh. YAY! off to vote again...
Old 10-25-2003, 03:09 PM   #1375
Aethelwine
Wight

Location: In Anórien, just outside Edoras, on a horse I "borrowed"...
Aethelwine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Failivrin, what that big read? And, more important, were can I vote for LOTR???

But anyway, nobody's got the link to that thread about a LOTR-community? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I can't seem to find it myself! And I really want to read it... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

You know your obssesed with LOTR when:

You attempt to walk on snow like Legolas.

You talk to people in Sindarin and Quenya all the time. When they ask you to explain what the hell you were saying, you refuse... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

You are convinced you little brother comes straight for either Mordor or Sarumans dungeon (I can just imagine the scene...)

You can easily talk about LOTR for two hours, or more...

That's all for now, folks!

See ya!

Aethelwine.

P.S. So nobody's got the link? *sob*
Old 10-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #1376
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Sting

(My apologies if I have already posted this, but I can't remember if I did or not)
~When you find a large quantity of yellow leaves on the ground that look very much like Mallorn leaves, so you pick up a whole bunch and put them in your book (unfortunately non-LotR related), and also put one in your hair, thus prompting several very "observant" souls to say to you "Did you know that there's a leaf in your hair?" In fact, the leaves are currently sitting all dry and brown and shrivelled on your desk because you just can't make yourself throw them away.

~Every time you are on a computer in a public place, you change the screensaver so it says "Frodo lives! Visit www.barrowdowns.com if you love LotR" in the hopes that you will introduce people to the 'Downs

Edit:Yay! I'm a wight!! *Oromin does a dance of happiness even though she's in a public place right now* Weird! I created a link without trying.

[ October 25, 2003: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]
Old 10-25-2003, 04:57 PM   #1377
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
~Every time you are on a computer in a public place, you change the screensaver so it says "Frodo lives! Visit www.barrowdowns.com if you love LotR" in the hopes that you will introduce people to the 'Downs
Instead of "Frodo Lives," You could put "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!!" Just a thought [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

When you do Frodo's chicken dance in the middle of your kitchen, then start dancing the steps Rosie dances in the movie, and don't care that your sisters are standing there watching you thinking you've finally gone over the deep end.

When your sister asks you what you want to eat, you say, 'Tomatoes, sausages, nice crispy bacon,' just like Merry says it.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:26 AM   #1378
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

~ You are sat down and see a pair of scissors of the floor. You pick them up, open them and run your finger along the blade and whisper 'Still sharp' even though they don't cut you. To make you feel better, you get a red pen and draw some blood on your finger tip.

He he he. I got 'Tales from the Perilous Realm' from my library yesterday. I've not started it yet though!!!

All that is gold does not glitter...
elf-girl-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 11:20 AM   #1379
Failivrin
Wight

Sting

aethelwine, the big read is this big televised competition going on in the UK to find the nations favourite book. LOTR made it to teh final 21 (of course) and the panel were very rude about it on the programme, which made me even more resolved to vote as many times as i could. it is currently winning and you can vote here: www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread

vote as many times as you can and vote from every computer you get your hands on to make sure that LOTR wins. i can't wait to see the look on those witless people's faces when it wins [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . if it doesn't, i just don't trust the poll.

-when you talk to you Tolkien books and tell your mother that the books spoke to you saying you needed another bookcase.
-you spend 1/2 an hour staring at the map of beleriand in the bookshop but decide not to get it 'because you would need 2- one to put on the wall and one to keep for posterity and the nasty little man just stole the other one'
-you are delighted when said nasty little man picks up the map of beleriand, tales from the perilous realm and roverandom in turn and then decide you don't like him (he stole my map [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] ) but resolve to meet his friend (somehow) who he is buying them for.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:35 PM   #1380
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

When you decide to eat tomatoes and sausages for lunch because hobbits like that. I would have had nice, crispy bacon, too, but we were out of bacon. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Arwen
Old 10-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #1381
Jack
Haunting Spirit

Jack has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

When the first thing you do on the Internet is get on BD. You ignore personal e-mails until people think you are dead and they can't get ahold of you because your phone line is tighed up... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #1382
Elwen_starmaiden
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

When you're happy that your teacher allows you to eat in her second period class, perfect timing for your second breakfast! Now what about afternoon tea?
Old 10-26-2003, 02:44 PM   #1383
Amarthol

Sting

When I'm in conversation with my sisters and every once in a while we quote somtething from LOTR, then answerit with another something. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2003, 04:41 PM   #1384
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
Instead of "Frodo Lives," You could put "Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!!"
I know, I should, I just didn't think to at the time. I did put notes in the Tolkien books in my shcool's library that said "If you know what Do the wave for Boromir the disco king means, then PM Orominuialwen"
Quote:
vote as many times as you can and vote from every computer you get your hands on
I did vote despite the fact that I'm American, and I just had to randomly pick a region on there because they don't have anything to select that's out of the British isles. Anyway, I looked at the rules on the site, and it says that each person can only vote once a week. So instead of voting constantly, I'll just encourage all the people I know who can be trusted not to vote for some other book *coughcoughHPcough* . For instance, I won't ask my mom to vote, because I know she might be "tempted" to vote for Pride and Prejudice instead (it's a good book, but nowhere near LotR in greatness)

Anyway, back on topic...

~When you go to this talk at a bookstore that was about how to write fantasy, you were very happy that he talked a lot about LotR, but corrected his pronunciation under your breath (he said Tolkien like TOLL-kin instead of TOLL-keen, which is one of my pet peeves) Anyway, this guy's name is Philip Martin, and his book is called The Writers Guide to Fantasy Literature. It's good except for the fact that there's a chapter about HP in it. [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

~When you play SimCity, you name your city Doriath and make the mayor be Thingol.

~When you want to make a shirt that says Got lembas? on it.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:20 AM   #1385
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When you feel like pounding your head on the wall because you had a good obsessive thing to post, then forgot what it was. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'm sure I'll remember later! Probably as soon as the computer gets turned off.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:24 AM   #1386
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

aha!! I remembered it!

When you crack up laughing whenever you hear the word 'disco' because you can't stop imagining Boromir dancing around the room, and you want to shout out, 'Do the wave for Boromir the disco king!!!'
Old 10-27-2003, 12:27 AM   #1387
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------
quote:

Hmm, never thought of that. But what would explain the kryptonite weakness?
Hmm...allergies?

Quote:
Would that by any chance be a Pepsi commercial with Sammy Sosa and Jason Giambi?
That commercial does not exist in my country.(my, I say, because I own it. Anywhen...) It was just some weird landscape shots...the one they show on appliance centers, to show how good the colors on the TV are...

Quote:
~When you find a large quantity of yellow leaves on the ground that look very much like Mallorn leaves...
When I see things like that, I sing Namarië while playing in the leaves. Either I look like an overgrown 7 year old, or a totally depressed Elf.

Quote:
When the first thing you do on the Internet is get on BD. You ignore personal e-mails until people think you are dead and they can't get ahold of you because your phone line is tighed up...
Guilty. I've cut off all outside correspondence(except on BD), and make silly excuse why I'm not at the house. *I'm meeting a friend...her name's [any random BDer], so I can't see you...* [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you're happy that your teacher allows you to eat in her second period class, perfect timing for your second breakfast! Now what about afternoon tea?
I must admit: Having this sem break has made my appetite(sp?) grow to hobbit-like proportions. When I'm not on the 'Downs, I eat, watch LotR, read LotR, or sleep.

Quote:
~When you want to make a shirt that says Got lembas? on it.
Ooh. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Tell me when you have one!

Back on topic...

~when you drooled over an LotR poster, or would have, had your parents not been in a hurry.

~when you play Lego, even if it is not LotR-related, you give each character LotR names.

~when you pass by the theater, and suddenly you see the name Elf. You stop, then say, "Oh, Jenna Elfman." Whatever.

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarië the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:04 AM   #1388
Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1
Shade of Carn Dűm

Elentári_O_Most_Mighty_1 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When everytime you hear the word Legoland or even Lego, you immediately think of Legolas. Whe n you drive past Legoland too, for that matter.
When your favourite number is eleven, because in German it it 'elf'!!!!!!!!!!

About the Big Read, I started a thread on it in the books section. I manage to vote around 5 times on each computer. You? I would do all the ones at school, but I'm on half-term, darn it.

WHAT IS THIS WHOLE THING ABOUT BOROMIR THE DISCO KING????????????????????????? I want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not knowing is beginning to kill me...come on, I'm an Elf, this is serious!!!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:41 AM   #1389
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I started a Big Read thread in N&N a looooooooong time ago.

You know you're obsessed when you're scared that people will find out about the BD. If they do, it will surely be shut and all of us will be carted away to the nearest lunatic asylum! I am very scared.

When you get your non-obsessed friend quoting.

When you give said friend a "Leaf of Lorien" you find on the floor, and are happy because he keeps it!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 10:49 AM   #1390
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

When everywhere you go, you are surrounded by LOTR...ex:
Cadet activity: Survival excercise, meaning we go out in the bush, eat packaged food for a weekend.
LOTR: Friend Corry, finds long stick with roots attached, names it Gandalf staff, and himself, Gandalf the white(He's albino) wields the staff and does a skit on LOTR. "You shall not pass" and whatnot.
Weird: Every-bloody-one whistling Howard Shore score under their breath, got quite anoying after awhile.

Everyone asking LOTR questions to me all weekend. Didn't mind this, but the whistling, I started to threaten to put on my ring and rip off their lips.
Fun weekend though.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #1391
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Elentari, I'll find you the link to the disco king thread later when I have time. I didn't know what it was at first, either, cuz I wasn't around here then.

When you start crying looking at RotKpics because you are so attached to the characters and feel their pain, and know how much they'll have to go through in the next movie.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #1392
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

When your little sister is running through the house with something you were using, you yell after her, 'Thief!! She stole it from us. She stole... our precious!!!' It wasn't really my precious or anything, it just seemed to fit [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2003, 03:53 PM   #1393
Failivrin
Wight

Sting

Elentari: it's rougly seven for me. and half term is both a curse (lack of computers) and a blessing (LOTR exhibition). my mum is the librarian at my school and i vote from all 6 library computers as often as possible. i'm convinced they're so old the system won't catch me [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

back on topic:
-a friendly sword (ok drumstick) fight from pirates of teh caribbean (i was jack, of course) becomes a full blown re enactment of both LOTR and PotC. you gather a crowd and ask them to guess the film (we had dialogue too), challenging them to a dual when they guessed wrong (stigmata, anyone?)
Old 10-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #1394
Maethorien
Animated Skeleton

Maethorien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed when you go to a store and notice they're using TTT as a demo tape on one of their television sets. You spend the next 20 minutes standing there watching. That is, until your parents get impatient and drag you away. And it was just getting to my favorite part, too!
Old 10-27-2003, 09:28 PM   #1395
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
When the first thing you do on the Internet is get on BD. You ignore personal e-mails until people think you are dead and they can't get ahold of you because your phone line is tighed up...
Ahhh.... For me? So true [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-When you draw pointy ears on your stick figures

-When you work Elvish movie quotes into everyday conversation. Heh heh.

I walked outside to talk to my mom, and it had that heavy humid feeling in the air. Like it was going to rain, you know? So I said. "It's going to rain. I smell it in the air. A han noston ned ‘wilith..."

Guess what?! I'm using the BD in my art project! Heh heh... The theme I chose to use is "internet friendships" and I want to prove *through art* that internet friendships are a good thing, since they're usuallly stereotyped as bad... Wooo! I love you, my online friends! *group hug*
Old 10-27-2003, 09:49 PM   #1396
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Elentari, this may not make any sense, but I'm to lazy to go find the thread right now. A while back, someone (I think it was either Arafangwen or Arestevana. I may be wrong) started a thread called "Make your own crazy scenes with pics." The idea was to take those s from the movie picture sites and make totally unrelated scenes with them. Well, Oddwen (I think it was Oddwen) had someone (Aragorn, I believe) take disco lessons and an entire disco contest began. Boromir won, and now he is the disco king. DO THE WAVE FOR BOROMIR THE DISCO KING! Later, someone had Boromir eat squid (and then Merry and Pippin cause he thought they were giant squid) and someone took that and made "do the wave" into "WAVE SQUID AT BOROMIR THE DISCO KING!" Then Oddwen switched it around, and it became "WAVE KINGS AT BOROMIR THE DISCO SQUID!" And that is the story of Boromir the disco king.

Anyway, to get back on topic:

--When you have to make something out of clay in Art and all of your designs are LotR related. Dragon-related, mostly.

--When you are known by your obsession with LotR. (Hey, aren't you the g.irl who is crazy about those books...)

--When you read part of LotR for your theater class. Sadly, only about three of the people in it understood any of it. Stupid fat fressshmenses. We hates them, preciousss!

--When you lecture random people about why LotR is better than Harry Potter.
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 12:26 AM   #1397
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you go to a store and notice they're using TTT as a demo tape on one of their television sets. You spend the next 20 minutes standing there watching.
I've done that a few times myself! One store I know always has it playing, so whenever I go there with my mom, I always have to see where it is before doing anything!
Elentari: Here's where you can learn about the disco king! I believe it starts on page 2.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:44 PM   #1398
Maikadurwen
Wight

Maikadurwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Maikadurwen Send a message via MSN to Maikadurwen Send a message via Yahoo to Maikadurwen
Sting

you are obbsesed when you run around your house in a ringwraith costume insanely.
and then you accidentaly run into wall during time of insane joy [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2003, 08:51 PM   #1399
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

We've made page 17!!!! Let's keep going so we can get to a part 4!

When every time you hear the word jelly, you can't help but say, '...and squash us like jelly!' Sometimes I say all of Bilbo's line there, but usually just that part.

When you have an identity crises because you consider yourself an elf, but you start seeing some hobbit tendencies in yourself.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:02 PM   #1400
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Whenever you hear the word "Ring" you automatically think that people are referring to the One Ring (no, those stupid people just HAD to be talking about the movie, The Ring!!!!)

When you see that your school bookstore is selling Rings (to hold stacks of notecards together) and you claim that your ex-English teacher (who runs the bookstore) is Sauron in disguise and is trying to corrupt the student body.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote